PDA

View Full Version : Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Mugen910
01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
UGH....Tri/Bi/Chest tonite at home...20 reps...are you kidding BigFrank!?! I'm so freaking tight right now I can barely move. :tu

icehog3
01-05-2009, 10:19 PM
peek...

everyone keep training hard?

Tore up back and chest today....ready for a big leg day tomorrow.

How's training, Gerry?

King James
01-06-2009, 02:08 PM
dunno if I will use WF again... just doesn't do it for me... dunno why

icehog3
01-06-2009, 03:30 PM
dunno if I will use WF again... just doesn't do it for me... dunno why

Did you use it all? I will trade you a cigar(s) for left overs if you don't like it.

Trashed legs today, even on almost no sleep (insomnia killing me this week). Tomorrow is arms and shoulders.

King James
01-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Did you use it all? I will trade you a cigar(s) for left overs if you don't like it.

Trashed legs today, even on almost no sleep (insomnia killing me this week). Tomorrow is arms and shoulders.

It is almost gone so I'm going to just finish it out. I dunno what else to use. I hate to admit it but I think I got more of a pump from noxplode.

Genetic Defect
01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
It is almost gone so I'm going to just finish it out. I dunno what else to use. I hate to admit it but I think I got more of a pump from noxplode.

It's your subconscience, you effectivly did not want WF to work and you think the other product works a placebo type effect. ;)

King James
01-06-2009, 04:25 PM
It's your subconscience, you effectivly did not want WF to work and you think the other product works a placebo type effect. ;)

I thought noxplode wasn't working that well and that is why I switched...... I wanted WF to work well for me as it has for Tom.

icehog3
01-06-2009, 04:27 PM

Seems that way with supps, Jim, must have to do with body chemistry. I have 1/2 my friends who love the WF and hate the NO, and the other 1/2 just the opposite.

King James
01-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Seems that way with supps, Jim, must have to do with body chemistry. I have 1/2 my friends who love the WF and hate the NO, and the other 1/2 just the opposite.

unfortunately for me, neither seem to be working all that well. Maybe I can give noxplode another shot, even tho I hate the taste of it.

Genetic Defect
01-06-2009, 04:42 PM
I thought noxplode wasn't working that well and that is why I switched...... I wanted WF to work well for me as it has for Tom.

It works good for Tom Dokk and Perry :D

Genetic Defect
01-06-2009, 04:43 PM
unfortunately for me, neither seem to be working all that well. Maybe I can give noxplode another shot, even tho I hate the taste of it.

or you can cycle off those type supps for 3 weeks, also cut out other sources of caffeine :)

Mugen910
01-06-2009, 04:43 PM
It works good for Tom Dokk and Perry :D

:r:r

I don't know what we are talking about but this made me laugh. :tu

Genetic Defect
01-06-2009, 04:49 PM

I don't know what we are talking about but this made me laugh. :tu

:D A play on words :dance:

Genetic Defect
01-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Jim, try Vasocharge, maybe that will taste good and work :)

Sanitariumite
01-06-2009, 06:17 PM
On other weight-lifting forums I've browsed through I've seen a lot of popular response to Gaspari Nutrition Superpump 250. I've never tried it, but elsewhere it seems to be a popular alternative to WF and NO-Xplode.

Genetic Defect
01-06-2009, 06:26 PM
it also has a unique nickname, superdump :r

Sanitariumite
01-06-2009, 06:29 PM
it also has a unique nickname, superdump :r

Haaaaahahahaha. That's awesome. I think every N.O. product I've taken gives me the need to do my business about 20 minutes after taking it. Fine by me, it keeps me light on my feet for the gym lol.

Chris.
01-06-2009, 06:35 PM
what is WF?

Sanitariumite
01-06-2009, 06:37 PM
what is WF?

White Flood made by Controlled Labs. A Pre-workout Nitric Oxide drink (Or they have tabs you can take now instead) for energy, endurance, and pump. It's definitely the best one I've used.

Chris.
01-06-2009, 06:45 PM
oh. I've been wanting to buy some no explode. haven't heard of WF before today when you guys were talking about it.

Sanitariumite
01-06-2009, 06:48 PM
oh. I've been wanting to buy some no explode. haven't heard of WF before today when you guys were talking about it.

My advice would be to order a small tub of White Flood from bodybuilding.com. and get a free sample of NO-Xplode. Then you can try both. Or you could order some protein, or anything else you might need, and get a free sample of each of the two before you make a $30 decision you may not like. Other sites may do this, but I know that bodybuilding.com does, and I've been very happy with them every time I've ordered.

Chris.
01-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks for those tips man. yea getting a sample of the other would be GREAT!

EDIT: any of you ever use hydroxycut before?

Genetic Defect
01-06-2009, 07:01 PM

also look into vasocharge

Mugen910
01-06-2009, 07:16 PM

I took hydroxycut before they took out the ephedrine...that stuff worked but we had guys in the military that would pass out or get heat stroke in Okinawa due to weather and the dehydration from ephedrine. I don't know about now though..I hear the newer stuff isn't as effective..

Chris.
01-06-2009, 07:22 PM
I was looking at the hydroxycut extreme on bb. ephedrine never bothered me. Made me a bit jittery but nothing major. People should know that you need to drink a LOT of water when you are taking supplements anyways. Especially when working out. I try to drink a gallon a day, and I only workout 2-3 times a week.

Sanitariumite
01-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Just took my first dose of N.O. Vassive. I don't know how much, if any of this is placebo, but I'm starting to feel pretty amped up and ready to go after roughly 20 minutes. It's a nice calm energy. I don't feel like I just shotgunned 2 redbulls, but I definitely feel ready to get off my ass, and move some iron. The taste was actually quite good. I have the lemon-lime. It tasted like a slightly sweeter 7-up or Sprite, but without the carbonation. It has a very slight chalky mouth-feel, but it's barely noticable, and it doesn't hamper the flavor at all. I was worried when I read that it won't ever fully dissolve so you have to keep agitating it, which usually means it's similar to drinking wet sand. This wasn't the case. I shook it up 4 times, and drank it in 4 good swigs without ever feeling any grittiness. I'm off for shoulders and triceps tonight, so I'll try and post back when I'm done. So far though, I'm happy with it.

icehog3
01-06-2009, 08:09 PM
On other weight-lifting forums I've browsed through I've seen a lot of popular response to Gaspari Nutrition Superpump 250. I've never tried it, but elsewhere it seems to be a popular alternative to WF and NO-Xplode.

Do you know if Bodybuilding.com has samples on this product? I don't want to spend the cash without a trial run, as I have had bad luck with other Gaspari products.

I was looking at the hydroxycut extreme on bb. ephedrine never bothered me. Made me a bit jittery but nothing major. People should know that you need to drink a LOT of water when you are taking supplements anyways. Especially when working out. I try to drink a gallon a day, and I only workout 2-3 times a week.

Be careful....even if you don't "feel" the results, extended use of ephedra can cause a plethora of health problems, not the least of which can be hypertrophy (enlargement) of the heart.

Genetic Defect
01-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Do you know if Bodybuilding.com has samples on this product? I don't want to spend the cash without a trial run, as I have had bad luck with other Gaspari products.

Be careful....even if you don't "feel" the results, extended use of ephedra can cause a plethora of health problems, not the least of which can be hypertrophy (enlargement) of the heart.

you could shoot bb.com an email, I'm sure they do thats how they get ya hooked ;)

Sanitariumite
01-07-2009, 11:12 AM

Not sure, but I'll go check. Usually the free samples are available as one of the sizes of whatever product you're looking at when you go to add it to your cart i.e. 2.6lb tub, 1.5lb tub, 1.29lb tub, Free Sample.

Sanitariumite
01-07-2009, 11:14 AM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/super.html

Yeah, they have a free sample. I wish I would've thought to get one on my last order. You do have to order something to get a free sample, but you could order a shaker bottle and get 6-7 free samples while you're at it.

King James
01-07-2009, 11:14 AM
superpump worked alright for me.... but wasn't my favorite

icehog3
01-07-2009, 11:33 AM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/super.html

Yeah, they have a free sample. I wish I would've thought to get one on my last order. You do have to order something to get a free sample, but you could order a shaker bottle and get 6-7 free samples while you're at it.

Gracias, Adam....I need some protein powder anyway, so this will give me a chance to try it risk-free. :tu

Sanitariumite
01-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Gracias, Adam....I need some protein powder anyway, so this will give me a chance to try it risk-free. :tu

No problem. If you search around you can find free samples for a lot of other stuff too. I got one of Lipo6X, REDuction, White Flood Tabs, NO-Xplode, and I got tired of looking around, but I know that CL has at least 5-6 different products with available samples.

icehog3
01-07-2009, 11:37 AM
No problem. If you search around you can find free samples for a lot of other stuff too. I got one of Lipo6X, REDuction, White Flood Tabs, NO-Xplode, and I got tired of looking around, but I know that CL has at least 5-6 different products with available samples.

I will search the site, and get them all! :D

Chris.
01-07-2009, 11:39 AM
are you sure you have to order something, cause I put two samples in there and they just tacked on shipping to it. I didn't try to check out, but it looked like it wouldnt be a problem...

Sanitariumite
01-07-2009, 11:48 AM
are you sure you have to order something, cause I put two samples in there and they just tacked on shipping to it. I didn't try to check out, but it looked like it wouldnt be a problem...

I thought you did, but maybe not? That would be pretty cool if you could just load up on a bunch of free samples.

BigFrank
01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Man you guys are hyping white flood so much. On my second tub of NO Xplode, its decent. I have a tub of Dymatize Xpand Energized. Gonna give that a shot when NO runs out.

Deads were last night. Had company over so late post!
Deadlifts 465x5 - 500x3 - 545x4
Pull Downs
DB Rows
Abs

icehog3
01-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Man you guys are hyping white flood so much. On my second tub of NO Xplode, its decent. I have a tub of Dymatize Xpand Energized. Gonna give that a shot when NO runs out.

Pull Downs
DB Rows
Abs

It works for me, Frank....only reason I am hypin', Brother! :D

Mugen910
01-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey what do you guys do for abs? Do you throw a quick exercise between sets? Do you just add it to the routine and do 3 exercises at a certain number of reps.

Sanitariumite
01-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey what do you guys do for abs? Do you throw a quick exercise between sets? Do you just add it to the routine and do 3 exercises at a certain number of reps.

I do it the same as I do my other muskles. I've got 4-5 exercises I cycle between, and usually get 3 in on Back/Abs day. I shoot for a weight that allows me to do 3-4 sets of 15 reps. Or,if it's a no-weight exercise, I'll just do sets of 15-20 reps to failure.

:eevis
01-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Dumb question. What is the best/most effective way to use whey protein? I mean, is it something that i should only use on lifting days, daily, how often" I'm about as sharp as a bowling ball when it comes to this fitness stuff. I am looking to both lose fat and gain muscle (well who isn't). Your help is greatly appreciated.
If it matters, I just picked up Advanced Whey Protien by Body Fortress. Figured it would be a good starting point. Didn't want to go all aout, and my wife gets it at her discount where she works

BigFrank
01-07-2009, 07:17 PM
It works for me, Frank....only reason I am hypin', Brother! :D
I'm going to get some this next online supp order. gonna trust ya on this one tom. If it sux, I will require your address...hahahahaha

100 reps of crunches on Tues. 50 reps of leg raises on Fri. I honestly see a lot of crazy ab training as being pointless. If you are perform free weight squats, and deadlifts your abdominal area is going to be extremely strong.

Bottom line is see what works for you. Figured out what your body requires. But just remember, doing ab work wont give you a 6 pack of abs.

What is the best/most effective way to use whey protein?
Whey protein is great for many uses.

-mix it with water and drink following workouts
-mix it with milk and drink ( adds some more calories )
-toss it in a blender and add all kinds of crazy stuff ( used more like a liquid meal )
-Or Tom's Favorite, Natural Peanut butter chased down with a protein shake

If you are trying to loose a little weight, whey will be a great help. Id go with the first option or the last.
If you already are eating 3-4 meals a day, add two shakes in there, with maybe a little carbs and some fats and you are up to a good 6 meals. Use whey to suit your needs. Its easy and convenient.

Only recommendation I have really, is to shop online for whey protein. Its cheaper and can be purchased in bulk.

Genetic Defect
01-07-2009, 07:19 PM

Pull Downs
DB Rows
Abs

I'm a CL shill

Mugen910
01-07-2009, 07:20 PM
100 reps of crunches on Tues. 50 reps of leg raises on Fri. I honestly see a lot of crazy ab training as being pointless. If you are perform free weight squats, and deadlifts your abdominal area is going to be extremely strong.

Bottom line is see what works for you. Figured out what your body requires. But just remember, doing ab work wont give you a 6 pack of abs.

If I'm not getting a 6-pack from abs then I'm not doing them. :D

Genetic Defect
01-07-2009, 07:21 PM
If I'm not getting a 6-pack from abs then I'm not doing them. :D

are you trying the spot reduction :bs ?

Mugen910
01-07-2009, 07:25 PM
are you trying the spot reduction :bs ?

Spot reduction? :confused:

BigFrank
01-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Was that a joke? lol
spot reduction is like when you see people wearing those stupid waist trimmers. People try to loose weight in a specific area. Spot reduction I believe has been a busted myth.

Genetic Defect
01-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Spot reduction? :confused:

its a retarded myth that people continually fall for ie crunches give you a six pack :)

icehog3
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
its a retarded myth that people continually fall for ie crunches give you a six pack :)

They might get a six-pack, but if they don't diet it will still be covered in a layer of fat.

Mugen910
01-07-2009, 07:42 PM
So I have a six pack...but not the plastic thingy to hold it together. :D

Genetic Defect
01-07-2009, 07:42 PM
They might get a six-pack, but if they don't diet it will still be covered in a layer of fat.

true I have a keg on top of my six pack

King James
01-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Good workout today..... next few days off until Monday. Then start more football specific stuff on top of lifting to get ready for season

icehog3
01-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Good workout today..... next few days off until Monday. Then start more football specific stuff on top of lifting to get ready for season

Good workout today for me, shoulders and arms. I have training tomorrow so I can't lift, but I have a hockey double header so I guess I will get my cardio. ;)

jquirit
01-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Okay, you folks are an influence. Not saying good or bad, just that you are. :D

Started getting serious about getting into better shape and I think I have worked out a good enough routine to get there. I based it off some advice I got from Frank a long time ago and started adapting it for what I have available.

Monday: cardio (35 minutes on elliptical) + chest/tri
Tuesday: heavy cardio (45 minutes of intervals on the treadmill. 1-1 (run-rest) x10 @ 6mph, 1-2 x5 @ 7mph. Includes 5 min of warm up/down)
Wednesday: cardio (35 minutes on elliptical) + legs
Thursday: See Tuesday
Friday: cardio (35 minutes on elliptical) + back/bi
Saturday/Sunday: Whatever walking I can get in around the park

Frank will probably yell at me that it's not enough cardio on Tuesday/Thursday, but I am completely gassed by the time I do the 5th run @ 7mph. Good stuff though.

BigFrank
01-08-2009, 03:27 AM
Only thing I would suggest would be to do cardio after working out. And take thurs and at least one weekend day off. Maybe toss a little shoulders in there somewhere. Give your body ample rest time.

Remember, 23:1.

You spend 1 hour in the gym doing everything right, and you have 23 other hours to mess all your work up.

BigFrank
01-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Boring assistance day as usual.
225x8 standing mil press
random other assistance exercises.

DavenportESQ
01-08-2009, 08:34 PM
When you guys talk White Flood are you using the powder or the pills?

Genetic Defect
01-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I use the powder, there should be no difference between the two.

Mugen910
01-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Frank will probably yell at me that it's not enough cardio on Tuesday/Thursday, but I am completely gassed by the time I do the 5th run @ 7mph. Good stuff though.

Try slowing down Jon. Maybe you'll have more in the tank so Frank won't be mad. :D

Sanitariumite
01-08-2009, 11:06 PM
When you guys talk White Flood are you using the powder or the pills?

I used the drink when I took it regularly, but as far as potency and ingredients, I think they're identical. I'm pretty sure the tabs are more money per serving, but If I get back on WF I'd be willing to pay more for that, as I hate hitting the gym with a stomach full of liquid sloshing around.

BigFrank
01-09-2009, 05:31 PM
I used the drink when I took it regularly, but as far as potency and ingredients, I think they're identical. I'm pretty sure the tabs are more money per serving, but If I get back on WF I'd be willing to pay more for that, as I hate hitting the gym with a stomach full of liquid sloshing around.
I can agree with that. Luckily the little bit of water doesnt bother me too much. I just try to workout between meals...

Tonights workout
Squats
420x5 - 465x3 - 505x5 - 555x3
Box Squats
Leg Ext
Abs

Well tonights workout was unreal. Hit my weight +4 reps on my 1 RM. Felt very smooth and easy. Loaded the bar up, blasted out 3 reps with a weight I have never had on my back before. Felt great.

Chris.
01-11-2009, 02:18 PM
You are a monster Frank! I've got a long way to go...although I'm not looking to get quite that strong(big). lol

DavenportESQ
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I can agree with that. Luckily the little bit of water doesnt bother me too much. I just try to workout between meals...

Tonights workout
Squats
420x5 - 465x3 - 505x5 - 555x3
Box Squats
Leg Ext
Abs

Well tonights workout was unreal. Hit my weight +4 reps on my 1 RM. Felt very smooth and easy. Loaded the bar up, blasted out 3 reps with a weight I have never had on my back before. Felt great.

Great workout! I feel that squats are a lift that when you are feeling good, and in the groove you can blast some PR's

I had a sweet little workout this AM

Power Cleans(kilos)
100x5
110x4
110x3
120x3
130x2

Bench
225x5
250x4
275x4
315x4
365x3

Some other BS lifts....I love the in season workouts. Get good quality loading without maximizing volume. Felt really good today. Its gonna be a great season

BigFrank
01-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Great workout! I feel that squats are a lift that when you are feeling good, and in the groove you can blast some PR's

I had a sweet little workout this AM

Power Cleans(kilos)
100x5
110x4
110x3
120x3
130x2

Bench
225x5
250x4
275x4
315x4
365x3

Some other BS lifts....I love the in season workouts. Get good quality loading without maximizing volume. Felt really good today. Its gonna be a great season
Definite on the squats. Nice power cleans. Think I might have to do some this week, been awhile. Very underrated lift.

King James
01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
today was first day back to class...time to go lift some stuff

DavenportESQ
01-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Definite on the squats. Nice power cleans. Think I might have to do some this week, been awhile. Very underrated lift.

I love powercleans. For people looking to get a "full body workout" in a short amount of time these should be the number one exercise.

For most the motion of doing them with relatively light weight is enough of an exercise. :2

BigFrank
01-12-2009, 04:27 PM
I love powercleans. For people looking to get a "full body workout" in a short amount of time these should be the number one exercise.

For most the motion of doing them with relatively light weight is enough of an exercise. :2
Agreed they always leave me huffing and puffing.

Tonights Workout...
Bench - 320x5 -355x5 - 390x6
Wasnt really feeling it tonight. I had someone spot me and at the second rep they said something in regards to my form. And I think it broke my concentration. After that It just felt heavy...:mad:
Incline 375x3 meh
Dips - a bunch
Rope Ext - a lot

jquirit
01-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Tonight's cardio went really well, outside of the really rough start. The first few intervals at 6 mph I was just not feeling it, but after that it all loosened up and everything was clicking. Even tore through the intervals at 7mph without too much difficulty.

Feeling invincible, I did one extra interval at 8mph. Felt like almost a full sprint but once I got into the rhythm it was like sailing... zip zip zip.. slowing down was the hard part.. almost ran right into the console then almost slid off the back of the treadmill! Fortunately, no accidents and all good for it.

Tomorrow is legs... go lunges!

smitdavi
01-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Put up 190lbs 4x tonight at the end of my workout. Only 25lbs away from my bodyweight...I think I might be able to put up 215 once. That will be the first time I've been able to put up my body weight

icehog3
01-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Put up 190lbs 4x tonight at the end of my workout. Only 25lbs away from my bodyweight...I think I might be able to put up 215 once. That will be the first time I've been able to put up my body weight

Congrats David, you can do it!

Training around a nerve issue in my neck, it is affecting my left side. Hoping it is just a pinched/aggravated nerve and not a disc issue. Still training hardcore, just making sure my form is "extra perfect".

smitdavi
01-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Congrats David, you can do it!

Think I may try it tonight...just slap 2 45lb plates on each side and then hope for the best :ss

Chris.
01-14-2009, 04:22 PM
todays workout consisted of:
Warmed up with 6 miles on the bike
sumo squats- 70x8, 85x8x2
split squats- 30x10x4
db press- 45x8x3
squats where you hold a bar bell over your head and press it to your chest and back up(if you know the name please tell me)-45x10x3 sets each(squat and press)
squats while holding a 25lb weight plate over my head to warm up before the previous exercise- 25x2
single arm db press-20x10x4
behind the back shrugs- 60x10x3
bent over row/shrugs with a 70lb curl bar- 70x8x3

I was feeling pretty good today. My arms and shoulders were beat by the time I got to those single arm db press. on the second set I was starting to have a hard time. lol

BigFrank
01-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Think I may try it tonight...just slap 2 45lb plates on each side and then hope for the best :ss
good luck with that!

Training around a nerve issue in my neck, it is affecting my left side. Hoping it is just a pinched/aggravated nerve and not a disc issue. Still training hardcore, just making sure my form is "extra perfect".
Damn Tom, that really sucks bro. Maybe a little time off would do ya some good. I dont think your arms will shrink too much ;) :r :r

Late workout post but w/e
Tues pulled 505 for 7 reps nothing else notable. Off nite for me, Military / Assistance day tomorrow. I think I might bump my training to 5 days a week again.

smitdavi
01-14-2009, 06:58 PM
good luck with that!

Wasn't feeling it tonight...just ended up doing my regular workout. Might try it on Monday

Sanitariumite
01-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok, so I'm really impressed with the N.O. Vassive. The focus I get from this stuff is absolutely unrivaled. Last night I took it, and ended up not going to the gym (I forgot that I had promised my roommate that I'd hit the bars with him for his birthday.) I kept noticing an effect almost like tunnel vision where I would be so intensely focused on the tv, the conversation, etc. that I was completely blocking out everything else around me. When I'm at the gym I try to keep it to business, and not distract myself so I've never really noticed the focus enhancements that you're supposed to get from this stuff, or WF. But after taking it, and not being in a place where I'm used to being relatively focused to begin with, I noticed a very serious difference in my ability to zone in on something. It's just starting to kick in and it's leg day, so I'm about to head out, but I'm VERY happy with the N.O. Vassive so far. It gets better every time I take it.

BigFrank
01-15-2009, 06:15 PM
maybe they put a little adarol ( sp? ) in it. LOL that would be funny, but probably effective...

Tonights Boring Workout.
Mil Press Standing-245x10
Shrugs + Plate Raises
Laterals + Chins
Neck Work

Squats tomorrow, then maybe some arms sat.

smitdavi
01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey guys...what are your suggestions for working on definition

BigFrank
01-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Hey guys...what are your suggestions for working on definition
Cut Calories first. Then increase reps and shorten rest time between sets. Personally I wouldnt go on a all out nasty diet, just cut a little calories and turn your workouts up a notch. More reps and less rest between set will help. Trick is to drop a little weight and keep the muscle. That is the quick answer I guess. Also you could be holding a lot of water too.

Give that sometime if no improvements continue to cut calories then add a little cardio.

What does your diet / training look like now?

smitdavi
01-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Cut Calories first. Then increase reps and shorten rest time between sets. Personally I wouldnt go on a all out nasty diet, just cut a little calories and turn your workouts up a notch. More reps and less rest between set will help. Trick is to drop a little weight and keep the muscle. That is the quick answer I guess. Also you could be holding a lot of water too.

Give that sometime if no improvements continue to cut calories then add a little cardio.

In respects to the diet, I've been trying to eat better. Eating alot of fruits, veggies, salads, low fat ground beef/steak, pasta, etc... Just trying to cut out the fatty junk. My workout mainly consists of upper body stuff (curls, upright rows, bench, wide grip incline, shoulder shrugs, flys, etc...) Been doing this since about August. Picked up quite a bit of muscle, just would like to tone it up a little bit. My first inclination was to drop the amount of weight and do more reps, but I wanted to make sure first.

cvm4
01-16-2009, 06:09 AM

This definitely works for me if I shorten my rest time to 30 seconds or a minute.

GhostRyder
01-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Shorten rest time, but increase cardio. Nothing adds definition like cadio. When I was training for my race this summer/fall I replaced a lot of my lifting sessions with cardio. I lost some bulk but became really defined. A little too skinny for my liking, but if I hadn't cut the gym out completely that probably wouldn't have happened. If you increase intensity (ie minimize rest) and add in some cardio you'll be fine.

BigFrank
01-16-2009, 01:37 PM
I wouldnt add any cardio at first. Cardio is easy to add. Diet should be number one.

Diet
workout
cardio

cvm4
01-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I wouldnt add any cardio at first. Cardio is easy to add. Diet should be number one.

Diet
workout
cardio

I agree with you 100% here. I noticed shortening the rest time and eating healthier had been feeling and looking better. I might cardio, H.I.I.T., twice a week if I can get it in.

King James
01-16-2009, 02:02 PM
heading to lift now... hope it goes well

BigFrank
01-16-2009, 02:15 PM
heading to lift now... hope it goes well
same here enjoy.

:eevis
01-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I agree with you 100% here. I noticed shortening the rest time and eating healthier had been feeling and looking better. I might cardio, H.I.I.T., twice a week if I can get it in.

I have been doing HIIT 3-5 times a week and I love it Just a 25 min session 3 days a week, and a couple others if I feel like sneaking them in while i watch College B-Ball

BigFrank
01-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Leg Officially Destroyed.
475x5 500x5 525x7
Box Squats
Leg Ext

Been playing around with different ways to wrap my knees. Found one way that makes my legs numb, and another that makes my calves feel like they are going to explode...I think I may have to pick up the 3 meter knee wraps.

icehog3
01-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Leg Officially Destroyed.
475x5 500x5 525x7
Box Squats
Leg Ext

Been playing around with different ways to wrap my knees. Found one way that makes my legs numb, and another that makes my calves feel like they are going to explode...I think I may have to pick up the 3 meter knee wraps.

Awesome set, Frank! :tu :ze

I am off in a few to rip up some upper body.

Genetic Defect
01-17-2009, 09:33 AM
order was put in today, maybe this will help
Combo: SciVation Workout Nutrition Stack, Watermelon Xtend/Berry VasoCharge
Controlled Labs REDuction
Controlled Labs Orange Triad

BigFrank
01-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Awesome set, Frank! :tu :ze

I am off in a few to rip up some upper body.
have fun with that! i hope you are not going to be like the other guys at my gym and perform 50 sets for biceps hahahaha!!! :r

order was put in today, maybe this will help
Combo: SciVation Workout Nutrition Stack, Watermelon Xtend/Berry VasoCharge
Controlled Labs REDuction
Controlled Labs Orange Triad
Nice stack there, please let me know how the Sci combo works.

Did a little assistance / bicep work today. Nothing exciting.

Genetic Defect
01-17-2009, 11:12 AM
have fun with that! i hope you are not going to be like the other guys at my gym and perform 50 sets for biceps hahahaha!!! :r

Nice stack there, please let me know how the Sci combo works.

Did a little assistance / bicep work today. Nothing exciting.

thank you, if they didn't reformulate the xtend it is a great tasting product that works very well :) the sample of vasocharge makes me think it is one step above WF

icehog3
01-17-2009, 11:20 AM

No need, Frank, I just look at my bis and they grow....always been lucky that way.

Let us know how the stack works, Perry.

Genetic Defect
01-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Will do, it will mostly be cardio as the surgeon told me 6 weeks of PT and to discuss the weightlifting then its ok though going to second shift I lost all available partners/spotters.

BigFrank
01-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Will do, it will mostly be cardio as the surgeon told me 6 weeks of PT and to discuss the weightlifting then its ok though going to second shift I lost all available partners/spotters.Do heavy work in the power rack. Get an ipod too!

Genetic Defect
01-18-2009, 10:20 AM
is 100BPM normal for a resting heart rate? seems quite high to me especially from the time I had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago it was about 55 then :confused:

BigFrank
01-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Normal resting is like 75 bpm. But I have read where normal is between 50-100 bpm. Depending on each person. There are so many different factors that can cause your bpm to increase.

I really do not know much about this but I would check it a few times to double check.

Genetic Defect
01-18-2009, 10:34 AM
I will check again later. never was that high at the docs office

BigFrank
01-18-2009, 11:03 AM
I will check again later. never was that high at the docs officeyou mentioned before that you just started back with drinking coffee etc. Might be a cause for a little high resting heart rate.

on a side note, the lower the better for athletes.

Genetic Defect
01-18-2009, 11:04 AM
good thing I'm not an athlete

icehog3
01-18-2009, 11:35 AM
good thing I'm not an athlete

Jimmy can teach you. ;)

Tore up legs at the gym today....tomorrow is easy day....traps, calves, etc...

Genetic Defect
01-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Jimmy can teach you. ;)

Tore up legs at the gym today....tomorrow is easy day....traps, calves, etc...

:r maybe I will go pick up a golf club today

zemekone
01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
I hate how I'm not as active as I want to be in this thread...

Today was my easy day abs, traps, lower back... and some cardio

Off to work...

Side note to the white flood fans... I just saw that there tabs now...

Genetic Defect
01-18-2009, 05:54 PM
the only good thing about second shift for me is I can still do cardio in the AM. I didn't do any today instead had a good day with a friend to clear my head.

I hate lifting solo :bh

icehog3
01-18-2009, 06:30 PM
the only good thing about second shift for me is I can still do cardio in the AM. I didn't do any today instead had a good day with a friend to clear my head.

I hate lifting solo :bh

I haven't had a lifting partner in almost 20 years...they just slow me down. ;)

Genetic Defect
01-18-2009, 06:31 PM
I haven't had a lifting partner in almost 20 years...they just slow me down. ;)

not everybody lifts volvos

icehog3
01-18-2009, 06:33 PM
not everybody lifts volvos

I prefer Chevys.....go USA. :usa :D

Genetic Defect
01-18-2009, 06:34 PM
I prefer Chevys.....go USA. :usa :D

:r ok, not everybody lifts chevys

Genetic Defect
01-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Label/Receipt Number: 9101 9216 7700 1003 2380 37

Your item was processed and left our OAK CREEK, WI 53154 facility on January 18, 2009. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
damn fast now only if they didn't have another damn day off :rolleyes:

Genetic Defect
01-19-2009, 09:00 AM
I think I learned something about WF, I took only two scoops today and I feel little the other day when I took 6 scoops I felt the tingles but my heart felt like it was pissed I will try 4 tomorrow and then vasocharge will be here and I will switch :)

zemekone
01-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Good chest day...

Gonna go cardio tonight...

GhostRyder
01-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Deadlifting question: I just got back from the gym and had a pretty decent deadlift. Almost 2x bodyweight after not doing it in at least 6 months. So... my question pertains to grip. My legs and back were fine, but my grip kept slipping. I don't lift with gloves, but is it time to start? I was using a bar that is pretty well worn, but it sucked because I couldn't finish my third rep. I'm using an overhand grip with my thumb tucked under my index finger -- not sure why I do that. I think I saw it in a Men's Fitness back when I first got into lifting in high school. So... what kind of deadlift grip do you use? Do you use gloves? How can I improve my grip?

BigFrank
01-19-2009, 03:50 PM
GhostRyder, lifting with gloves only does one thing and that is pad your hands. Using them will trash your grip strength. It really depends on what you want to do.

I was using a bar that is pretty well worn
This can be a good thing, it will teach you to use a bar with poor notches, making your hands strong.
I'm using an overhand grip with my thumb tucked under my index finger
The grip you are using is called the "hook grip" its used to make your hands stronger, it is one of the more difficult grip styles.
Ditch the thumb under the index finger and just grip it like your squeezing it. Until your hands become stronger. Thumb should be underneath bar for this. Most people use a grip technique called over/under. It allows you to hold more weight. I would use this until your grip strength improves, mainly on the heaviest of sets.
what kind of deadlift grip do you use?
I use the standard overhand grip on light sets then switch to the over / under grip for heavy sets.
Do you use gloves?
No
How can I improve my grip?
There are a lot of grip exercises to do. Pulling without wrist straps and doing all back work without straps. I do plate pinches and Captains of Crush to train my hands.

Go buy some chalk or liquid chalk or something and pull like a man. You will get some calluses from pulling like this on your hands.

Over/under grip
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6373/assetuploadfile5437126uk6.th.jpg (http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=assetuploadfile5437126uk6.jpg)
Hook Grip
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/728/xfitpictures4052ac2.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xfitpictures4052ac2.jpg)
Overhand
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/417/assetuploadfile157126ih7.th.jpg (http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=assetuploadfile157126ih7.jpg)
Plate Pinches
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7099/johndavisyg3.th.jpg (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=johndavisyg3.jpg)

GhostRyder
01-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Frank,

Thanks for the quick response. The calluses aren't a problem. I've been lifting on and off (mostly on) for 4 years and the ridiculous number of pull-ups I've had to do has given me decent calluses. I've always been an avid "no gloves" kinda guy so I'm glad I'll get to stay that way. I was fine with the overhand grip up to #245 today but when I went to #275 my hands slipped. The bar just rolled out. I will try those plate pinches, and I'll switch to an over-under grip on those heavy sets (for me at least) in the future.

BigFrank
01-19-2009, 04:52 PM
No problem Ghost. Now that I am thinking, a lot of guys do rack pulls from right below or right above the knee to get accustomed to using heavier weight. This will also in turn build grip strength, and help your deadlift.

Tonights Workout - Bench
Bench- 375x3 - 390x3 - 405x3 ( 4th rep bombed, almost crushed my stomach ) 405x1 ( 2nd bombed again )
Speed Bench - 315x10x3
Dips-some
Rope Ext-bunches

Bench felt terrible tonight. Couldnt find the groove at all. Shakey final reps. Just rough. Might be from heavy tricep work on saturday. Just bad. Although I hit my reps, I did not get my PR for the weight and reps. Hit my 3 reps bombed the 4th this one was bad, I touched the bar way low and almost lost it. Got really pissed and went for it again, which was a huge mistake. bombed on the 2nd rep this time it was some kind of crazy flying arch bench. hard to described but it was crap.

pulls tomorrow

DavenportESQ
01-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Deadlifting question: I just got back from the gym and had a pretty decent deadlift. Almost 2x bodyweight after not doing it in at least 6 months. So... my question pertains to grip. My legs and back were fine, but my grip kept slipping. I don't lift with gloves, but is it time to start? I was using a bar that is pretty well worn, but it sucked because I couldn't finish my third rep. I'm using an overhand grip with my thumb tucked under my index finger -- not sure why I do that. I think I saw it in a Men's Fitness back when I first got into lifting in high school. So... what kind of deadlift grip do you use? Do you use gloves? How can I improve my grip?

Suprised no one has talked about using straps while lifting. I do a lot of "pulling" exercises and try to avoid using straps for my regular workouts. When I am going for a max or really heavy effort. or if I am having a tough day I will use them. Some people may think of this is cheating, but I think in the name of getting stronger. Also, remember that the grip is part of the exercise.

These are my boys so I will give them some props. On the forum they have a whole section on grips

http://www.sorinexforums.com/community/index.php

I think you should stick with the hook grip. Its what the big dawgs use. I use it as much as I can.

zemekone
01-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Suprised no one has talked about using straps while lifting. I do a lot of "pulling" exercises and try to avoid using straps for my regular workouts. When I am going for a max or really heavy effort. or if I am having a tough day I will use them. Some people may think of this is cheating, but I think in the name of getting stronger. Also, remember that the grip is part of the exercise.

These are my boys so I will give them some props. On the forum they have a whole section on grips

I think you should stick with the hook grip. Its what the big dawgs use. I use it as much as I can.

the sorinex guys are just sick!

i use straps when im doin high rep stuff... i see it as im not working out my grip, im hitting (usally) traps and back...

you and also simply just hang... thats what i use to do...

King James
01-19-2009, 09:32 PM
good leg workout tonight... took an ice bath when i got home so my legs aren't too dead tomorrow

GhostRyder
01-19-2009, 09:54 PM

That sorinex site is awesome. The OpFit article under the Military/LE thread is right on. I'm all about that kind of workout. Kind of in the crossfit vein.

Crossfit is great, just doesn't do it for me all around. Anyone else dabble in Crossfit? How about GymJones type stuff?

DavenportESQ
01-19-2009, 09:56 PM
That sorinex site is awesome. The OpFit article under the Military/LE thread is right on. I'm all about that kind of workout. Kind of in the crossfit vein.

Crossfit is great, just doesn't do it for me all around. Anyone else dabble in Crossfit? How about GymJones type stuff?

I think its great for people who are busy and looking for a great workout.

People don't realize you dont need to be in the gym for 2 hours a day to be in great shape or get strong/fit.

You just have to have a plan and be efficient with it

King James
01-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Upper Body today.... Ice Bath really helped I think... usually the second day after is the worst... so tomorrow will be the true test.

New workout I started is tough as hell but I really like it

Mugen910
01-20-2009, 09:32 AM

People don't realize you dont need to be in the gym for 2 hours a day to be in great shape or get strong/fit.

:hm

Genetic Defect
01-20-2009, 09:35 AM
:hm
its very true, I actually hate being in there that long. it is not a good idea to over stress your CNS

Mugen910
01-20-2009, 09:35 AM
its very true, I actually hate being in there that long. it is not a good idea to over stress your CNS

CNS? :confused:

Genetic Defect
01-20-2009, 09:43 AM
central nervous system, when you train it wears on that too

BigFrank
01-20-2009, 01:36 PM

amen brother.

I keep my workouts under an hour, except legs I stretch before and after on leg day, and also allow myself plenty of time to warm up.

zemekone
01-20-2009, 01:43 PM
amen brother.

I keep my workouts under an hour, except legs I stretch before and after on leg day, and also allow myself plenty of time to warm up.

me too... my longest day is my leg day too... :ze

DavenportESQ
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
me too... my longest day is my leg day too... :ze

Squat More!:ss

zemekone
01-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Squat More!:ss

im squatting 2wice a week... what more do you want man?:r

BigFrank
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Ouch twice a week? I dont think I could handle that, leg day for me is always epic! LOL...

Pull workout
485x3 505x3 530x3
Chins - Superset w/ good mornings 4 sets
Close Grip Rows-3 sets

Quick workout, I think I spent 35 minutes warming up and working up to my heavy weights. After that is was game on. Tonights workout felt good, 530 went up quick and smooth. I think I need to change my workout days. I always feel like crap on mondays then the next 3 workouts always go well. Thinking about doing my first full meet this March.

Oh well.

zemekone
01-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Ouch twice a week? I dont think I could handle that, leg day for me is always epic! LOL...

i have been talking to davenportESQ about strengthening my squat, so he put a speed day and a volume day...

BigFrank
01-20-2009, 04:05 PM
i have been talking to davenportESQ about strengthening my squat, so he put a speed day and a volume day...
ya a ME and a DE split are great. I thought u meant two heavy days! :cb ;)

zemekone
01-20-2009, 05:33 PM
ya a ME and a DE split are great. I thought u meant two heavy days! :cb ;)

just the thought of 2 heavy days make me feel sick... :pu

DavenportESQ
01-20-2009, 07:53 PM

Pull workout
485x3 505x3 530x3
Chins - Superset w/ good mornings 4 sets
Close Grip Rows-3 sets

Quick workout, I think I spent 35 minutes warming up and working up to my heavy weights. After that is was game on. Tonights workout felt good, 530 went up quick and smooth. I think I need to change my workout days. I always feel like crap on mondays then the next 3 workouts always go well. Thinking about doing my first full meet this March.

Oh well.

I know Ive said this before but I believe in listening to my body.
From what it sounds like you are into powerlifting.....I think if monday was a shitty day workout wise (and you knew it) you could do things like work on technique, make sure u squat to parallel and pause, bench in a shirt an pause. Deadlift with really good technique.

I would do all three of these as kind of a "workout for the week" you could set really good technical paths the body could follow later in the week, plus it would be an easy day with low loading to stimiulate the CNS for the rest of the week.

Plus I have always been a believer in shaking the bones after a long weekend of debauchery

Mugen910
01-20-2009, 08:38 PM
took about a week off due to someone throwing a phukin curve ball into my life but I'm back at the gym..Chest/Tri/Biceps today....and I had to throw in a 20 min run. Legs felt great even after taking so much time off. :tu

DavenportESQ
01-20-2009, 08:46 PM
just the thought of 2 heavy days make me feel sick... :pu

I squat twice a week now....but my "week cycle" is actually 2 weeks. so I get 1 heavy back squat in a cycle, and 1 heavy front squat in a cycle. its pretty neat

ex Tuesday (heavy back squat day) Thursday (light front squat day)
following Tuesday (heavy front squat day) Thuesday (light back squat)

Follow? maybe?

icehog3
01-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Decided to cycle off the White Flood for a bit, so I picked up some Vassive NO (never tried it). I wanted to stack it with Vassive CE, but they were out at my store, so I got some Cell Mass instead (never tried it either). Hoping a little experimenting will up the ante this week.

BigFrank
01-21-2009, 03:07 PM
I know Ive said this before but I believe in listening to my body.
From what it sounds like you are into powerlifting.....I think if monday was a shitty day workout wise (and you knew it) you could do things like work on technique, make sure u squat to parallel and pause, bench in a shirt an pause. Deadlift with really good technique.

I would do all three of these as kind of a "workout for the week" you could set really good technical paths the body could follow later in the week, plus it would be an easy day with low loading to stimiulate the CNS for the rest of the week.

Plus I have always been a believer in shaking the bones after a long weekend of debauchery
Ya i feel the same way about listening to your body for sure, and yes I am a recent convert to powerlifting. I used to bodybuild but between my genetics and the fact that I love to lift heavy it was only a matter of time I guess.
I understand what you are saying, I was thinking along the same lines and putting my assistance/mil day on monday. Those workouts are usually easy and are not geared towards weight totals. Gonna finish the wave I am on before switching crap up...
sounds like we think along the same lines.

p.s. shirt benchers are sissy boys!!! :cb

Mugen910
01-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Ya i feel the same way about listening to your body for sure, and yes I am a recent convert to powerlifting. I used to bodybuild but between my genetics and the fact that I love to lift heavy it was only a matter of time I guess.
I understand what you are saying, I was thinking along the same lines and putting my assistance/mil day on monday. Those workouts are usually easy and are not geared towards weight totals. Gonna finish the wave I am on before switching crap up...
sounds like we think along the same lines.

What's a shirt bencher?

I think my genetics make it easy for me to bulk up...but I want the lean look/feel. So far my life is as such HS (140s) ---College(185 muscle)---Boot Camp (143 Lean and Mean) ---Military (160 with <5% body fat)---College(180's FAT)---Present (200 FATTER) :D

I'm only 5'6 but getting skinny and cut was the hardest thing to do. Now I don't feel too fat since I know I can do long distance runs but man I'd love to be back in the 160's to take some pressure off my knees when running.

Do I focus more on Reps or Sets?

icehog3
01-21-2009, 03:45 PM
What's a shirt bencher?

Bao, that is a guy who wears one of the compression shirts, about 1/2 their size, to give them assistance on the flat bench.

Do I focus more on Reps or Sets?

I would do more reps, less time between sets, get your heart and metabolism moving.

Tried the Vassive NO for the first time today. Mixes like chit, tastes like chit, but I got a decent workout. Jury is still out.

zemekone
01-21-2009, 06:02 PM

i really dont think gene rychek and scott mendleson are sissy boys ;)

smitdavi
01-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Man....did reverse incline skull crushers tonight, that will make a man out of you real quick

BigFrank
01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
i really gene rychek and scott mendleson are sissy boys ;)
ryan kennelly might be upset too!!! lol :r

Mugen910
01-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Bao, that is a guy who wears one of the compression shirts, about 1/2 their size, to give them assistance on the flat bench.

Nick
01-21-2009, 07:05 PM
I use to lift everyday in highschool. It's hard to find time full time in college and working. I get in about 3 or 4 times a week even then I usually ride a stationary bike mostly. I wish i could get back to the glory days of 275 pound bench press and 450 pound squats.

Gyms are getting so crowded now most of the time I don't even like to go, it's hard to get a proper work out.

Chris.
01-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Started the day with assisted (havent done these in years and I'm just starting back on them)pull ups then chin ups. 1x10 1x10 1x8 1x8
incline bench 140x10x2 140x8
dumbell bench press 40x10 35x10 30x10
back extensions holding a 10lb plate behind my head- 3x10
and cable flys 3x12 (dont remember how many plates were on the machine)

and a couple miles on the bike to warm up

My arms were pretty wasted immediately after the pull ups. I plan to hit the gym tomorrow afternoon before driving to charlotte and focusing on legs.

Nick, I don't know about you but there is usually nobody at my gym in the early hours when most people are at work(8-12) and about 3-5, then of course after 9 there is usually nobody in there either.

zemekone
01-21-2009, 08:10 PM
. I wish i could get back to the glory days of 275 pound bench press and 450 pound squats.

Gyms are getting so crowded now most of the time I don't even like to go, it's hard to get a proper work out.

you can still do that...

you just have to make your presence known... usally the guys who can bench 275 and squat 450 get there choice of stuff... (well at least i did)

Nick
01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm not a pushy guy the only reason I was working out that much is because of football. As soon as I stopped playing I stopped lifting and started doing more cardio type stuff.

zemekone
01-21-2009, 10:09 PM
quoted because he just said they were sissy boys :ze

:fl i fixed it! :fl

DavenportESQ
01-21-2009, 10:26 PM
you can still do that...

you just have to make your presence known... usally the guys who can bench 275 and squat 450 get there choice of stuff... (well at least i did)

I guess it depends were you workout :ss:r:D

Dunno if that goes on at Westside?!?

Its all about attitude, it doesnt matter if a guy can bench 900 or not. Most of the time guys in the strength game will be more than willing to accomodate, or help out with any questions. Especially if they can see you are working hard. Everyone notices hardwork.... That being said I wouldn't interrupt them, but for the most part lifting is like cigars, most start at the bottom and work their way up

zemekone
01-21-2009, 10:31 PM

i guess thats true, i went to a small private school my 1st and 2nd year so my gym was small, and i was the one who worked hard...

Nick
01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm not the kind of guy that goes to a gym and talks to everyone, in fact I don't talk at all to anyone. The last few days I've been going at about 8pm and I usually do ok.

Chris.
01-22-2009, 05:15 AM
I dont talk to anyone other than to ask if they are using a piece of equipment. I like to get in there, get in the zone, and knock an hour out.

Genetic Defect
01-22-2009, 08:08 AM
just took the two am tabs from my reduction sample, taste like raspberry

zemekone
01-22-2009, 08:10 AM
off to the gym shoulders and cleans...

Mugen910
01-22-2009, 08:11 AM
I dont talk to anyone other than to ask if they are using a piece of equipment. I like to get in there, get in the zone, and knock an hour out.

:tpd: I do tend to accidentally glance at the hot chics with the bootay while there between sets. :D

icehog3
01-22-2009, 08:40 AM
off to the gym shoulders and cleans...

I'm off to destroy my lats. :ze

King James
01-22-2009, 08:56 AM
looks like my lab may get out early today so might be able to hit the gym up after class.... hope so

Genetic Defect
01-22-2009, 08:57 AM
I tried Vasocharge yesterday, mixes and tastes good, I feel that two scoops of this is 2.5 scoops of white flood.

Xtend mixes typical of that kind of drink, got the refreshing watermelon. seems ok would be better mixed with a proper water to powder ratio.

BigFrank
01-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't worry about the gyms being crowded right now. Remember a lot of people just joined because of new years related stuff. Stick with it they will all be gone by March, maybe February.

Dunno if that goes on at Westside?!?

Its all about attitude, it doesnt matter if a guy can bench 900 or not. Most of the time guys in the strength game will be more than willing to accomodate, or help out with any questions. Especially if they can see you are working hard. Everyone notices hardwork.... That being said I wouldn't interrupt them, but for the most part lifting is like cigars, most start at the bottom and work their way up

Chuch Vogelphol ( spelling? ) might be the only guy there to have people move out of his way at Westside. That guy is freaking nuts.

Mugen910
01-22-2009, 09:08 PM
5 mile run tonite...Legs/Calves tomorrow. :tu

Sanitariumite
01-22-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm off to destroy my lats. :ze

How do you like the Vassive N.O. so far? Which flavor did you get? I really enjoy the taste of the Lemon-lime. It never fully mixes, but I only take 3-4 big swigs of it, and I just shake it between each one. That mixes is plenty for me. I really like it. Maybe as much as WF. It really kicks my focus in gear more than WF did, and I like the energy. It's not an insane rush, but it makes me eager to move, which is all I want. I also really like that it's a NO supp, and creatine too. Kills 2 birds with one stone.

Had a really good back/abs day today. I haven't been able to break below 233 lbs for almost 4 weeks now, but I've been doing more of a carb cycling diet, and I'm really trying to hit no less than 45 minutes of cardio per session. I weighed in at 231.9 yesterday morning, so hopefully I'm below 230 by Monday. The more time I spend working at the Fred Meyer deli the more excited I am for boot camp. I know there's not going to be anything enjoyable about boot camp, but at the same time, every day there is progress. It's another day to tick off the calendar towards becoming a Marine, and that's all I want right now. They gym is definitely the only thing keeping me sane. It's the one thing I can do to forget about how miserable I am at work. Its becoming my sanctuary. I love it. This is definitely a lifestyle that's going to stick. I'm never going to be fat again. Thank you all for your advice. Without your advice on supplements, lifts, routine, diet, etc. I never would have lost the 60lbs I have, or seen the gains I have in my lifts/strength. It's funny, this thread is really the only reason I come to the cigar forum anymore. I can't afford to smoke more than once a month, if that, but I'm here every day to read the most recent posts, and keep learning. I feel like I owe you all for the help you've dished out. So again, thanks, and keep lifting heavy.
Adam

icehog3
01-23-2009, 01:11 AM
How do you like the Vassive N.O. so far? Which flavor did you get? I really enjoy the taste of the Lemon-lime. It never fully mixes, but I only take 3-4 big swigs of it, and I just shake it between each one. That mixes is plenty for me. I really like it. Maybe as much as WF. It really kicks my focus in gear more than WF did, and I like the energy. It's not an insane rush, but it makes me eager to move, which is all I want. I also really like that it's a NO supp, and creatine too. Kills 2 birds with one stone.

Hi Adam,

I've only been on it for two days...so far here are my thoughts:

I have had two good workouts, so that is a plus.

It doesn't give me that insane focus that the WF does, but it does give me an edge, and some increased focus. I think 2 days is way too soon to make an overall judgement, but so far I am pleased. I bought the raspberry lemonade, and just wish it would mix a little better...but I get it down.

icehog3
01-23-2009, 01:15 AM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/squat.jpg

The Professor
01-23-2009, 07:16 AM
That's awesome, Admiral. :salute:

Funny coincidence is that I'm off to squat right now. Squat used to be my favorite and I haven't done one real one since I hurt my shoulder in November. Ugh. Let's see what I've got in me today.... :hm

Out of WF (poor planning) -- so I took some xenedrine and ate 3g of beta alanine. Mmmm ... crunchy. :dr :r

DavenportESQ
01-23-2009, 07:51 AM

Had a really good back/abs day today. I haven't been able to break below 233 lbs for almost 4 weeks now, but I've been doing more of a carb cycling diet, and I'm really trying to hit no less than 45 minutes of cardio per session. I weighed in at 231.9 yesterday morning, so hopefully I'm below 230 by Monday. The more time I spend working at the Fred Meyer deli the more excited I am for boot camp. I know there's not going to be anything enjoyable about boot camp, but at the same time, every day there is progress. It's another day to tick off the calendar towards becoming a Marine, and that's all I want right now. They gym is definitely the only thing keeping me sane. It's the one thing I can do to forget about how miserable I am at work. Its becoming my sanctuary. I love it. This is definitely a lifestyle that's going to stick. I'm never going to be fat again. Thank you all for your advice. Without your advice on supplements, lifts, routine, diet, etc. I never would have lost the 60lbs I have, or seen the gains I have in my lifts/strength. It's funny, this thread is really the only reason I come to the cigar forum anymore. I can't afford to smoke more than once a month, if that, but I'm here every day to read the most recent posts, and keep learning. I feel like I owe you all for the help you've dished out. So again, thanks, and keep lifting heavy.
Adam

Adam thank you for what you do! I hope you have a safe journey through the marines

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/squat.jpg

Thats just unbelievable. I love it!

DavenportESQ
01-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Tom...What did you google to find that pic?

zonedar
01-23-2009, 08:29 AM

Kind'a scary to think of the other possible hits, eh?

The Professor
01-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Good leg day today ... especially considering it was my first squat day in over two months. After warming up with some light (135lb) stiff-legs, cable rope crunches (200lbs x 20, just to tighten my core), and bar-only squats and hamstring stretches (just to get loose), I started adding the weight for squats:

135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 6
225 x 6
225 x 5
225 x 5

Looked like others wanted to use the power rack, so I stepped away. Not even close to what I was at before I hurt my shoulder; but I'm happy with that for a first day back. Followed it up with stiff-legged deads:

185 x 10 x 3
225 x 8

Then moved over to the leg press to finish things off:

8 pies x 10 (I was wobbly from everything else already)
10 pies x 10 (very wobbly)
12 pies x 8 (almost couldn't rack it after #8 ... and I think the whole gym heard me scream a bit)

All in all, not my best leg day by any means. But for my first day back in a dedicated leg day with real squats, I was pretty pleased. I could barely walk to my car afterward and am still shaking a little ... both signs of a good day in the gym. :tu

King James
01-23-2009, 09:08 AM
upper body again this afternoon... will report how it goes after.

icehog3
01-23-2009, 10:15 AM

I got it in an e-mail, Dave. :)

Although I Google "Girl Squats" regularly. :r

Off to the gym soon! :ze

The Professor
01-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Although I Google "Girl Squats" regularly. :r
Unfortunately, doing so usually gets you lots of pictures of Gerry. :D :dance:

DavenportESQ
01-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Unfortunately, doing so usually gets you lots of pictures of Gerry. :D :dance:

Poor guy isn't even here to defend himself:r

Plus I am working with him n trying to get his squat up

Genetic Defect
01-23-2009, 10:34 AM
trying 4 scoops of vasocharge today

Mugen910
01-23-2009, 10:51 AM
trying 4 scoops of vasocharge today

and?

:pu or :tu

Genetic Defect
01-23-2009, 10:54 AM
and?

:pu or :tu

4 scoops of vasocharge mixes like 2 scoops, the flavor is tolerable but I still like WF better 4 scoops of that mixes better and tastes better, I will wait and see if it is good for a bit of cardio.

The Professor
01-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Poor guy isn't even here to defend himself:r

Plus I am working with him n trying to get his squat up
so I've heard. may talk to you soon about that myself.

truth be told (for other's sake, not yours Dave), Gerry is already (and will probably always be) stronger than me in every lift. I'm just a frickin newbie ... which you already know. :)

Mugen910
01-23-2009, 04:09 PM
I saw these and thought of you guys!

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l446/pepecanadas_2008/juicedmm.jpg?t=1232752073

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l446/pepecanadas_2008/Monica_Brant.jpg?t=1232752106

Genetic Defect
01-23-2009, 04:11 PM
I saw these and thought of your guys!

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l446/pepecanadas_2008/juicedmm.jpg?t=1232752073
Tom and Gerry
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l446/pepecanadas_2008/Monica_Brant.jpg?t=1232752106

:D

icehog3
01-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Day 3 of the Vassive NO, and I am really starting to dig it. I don't get the crazed focus like the WF, but today my lifts were stonger than usual and I felt "in the groove". I will still go through another couple weeks of workouts before I "recommend" it, but so far, so good. :tu

Sanitariumite
01-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Adam thank you for what you do! I hope you have a safe journey through the marines

Thanks, but don't thank me yet. I've got a long ways to go before I've earned the title of Marine. Eventually I intend to go Force Recon, and I'm pretty sure that's going to keep me busy in the gym for the rest of my life. It's a lifestyle I don't ever intend to give up.

Tom, good to hear you like the Vassive. I haven't taken WF regularly in almost 4 months so it's hard to give an accurate comparison, but taking the 1 sample of their tabs I did a few weeks ago I felt ready to run through walls like a 1 man demo-crew. Vassive gives me a more calm/focused energy which I really like, and I really like that the creatine mono is incorporated in there as well. I'll definitely buy another tub. I also really like the lemon-lime flavor. It's one of the best tasting supplements I've ever taken, and it definitely works for me.

icehog3
01-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Adam, sounds like your experience with the Vassive is a lot like mine...a calmer focus. I do like it, and agree that the creatine (which I haven't been taking in quite some time) is an added bonus.

I like your attitude about "earning" the title of Marine. With your attitude, I have no doubt you will be a big success in whatever you do.

The Professor
01-24-2009, 07:17 AM
I've got some sick DOMS today ... and tomorrow will probably only be worse. :r

Awesome. :ze I am glad, though, that it's a "rest" (cardio) day.

Mugen910
01-25-2009, 03:58 PM
2 hours of running on the tread mill...no weights..tired...

icehog3
01-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Busted out chest and shoulders today before work, and have a game tonight.

Chris.
01-25-2009, 09:35 PM
2 hours of running on the tread mill...no weights..tired...

:pu I couldn't run that long to save my life. I don't have endurance worth a ****. I really gotta work on that.

Gonna do chest/back in the morning.:)

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Full body tommorow. I got back into my lifting program about a month ago. Im taking the usual gnc 100% whey protein after lifting, and started this creatine 189. Im getting really good results with the 189.

zemekone
01-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Full body tommorow. I got back into my lifting program about a month ago. Im taking the usual gnc 100% whey protein after lifting, and started this creatine 189. Im getting really good results with the 189.

:D GNC's buy one get one half off! :D

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-25-2009, 09:53 PM
:D GNC's buy one get one half off! :D

Nice, do you take the 189 as well?

zemekone
01-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Nice, do you take the 189 as well?

I do, plus i manage a GNC...

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-25-2009, 10:00 PM
I do, plus i manage a GNC...

well s***, ive got a list then...

bottle of mega men sport
bogo half of the 189
bottle of fish body oils 1000
5lb bottle of gnc whey

Got a serious question tho, how does the Op. Nutrition gold compare to gnc whey? ive heard different stuff

zemekone
01-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Got a serious question tho, how does the Op. Nutrition gold compare to gnc whey? ive heard different stuff

made in the same factory... pretty much the same formula just slight diffrence in the flavor

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-25-2009, 10:05 PM
made in the same factory... pretty much the same formula just slight diffrence in the flavor

thats what i heard. just a slight price difference too:D the gnc whey tastes just fine for me. thanks

Mugen910
01-26-2009, 08:34 AM
:pu I couldn't run that long to save my life. I don't have endurance worth a ****. I really gotta work on that.

Gonna do chest/back in the morning.:)

It's a talent that has taken years to acquire. :r Honestly, train for a marathon and 2 hours will be just a stepping stone. :ss

DavenportESQ
01-26-2009, 08:40 AM
Woke up

PC 100x5(kilos)
110x5
120x4
120x4
130x3
140x2
150x2

Bench

135x5(lbs)
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x4
335x3
365x2
385x2

I felt like garbage today. Felt like a brontasouras. Couldn't pull for S%&*

The whole workout all I could think about was getting done so I could go get some breakfast....mmm bisuits and gravy

Kinda Pissed off...I wanted to get a really good workout in, I should have known I would have sucked and just bagged the day and worked on something else...Its hard to do when you have to compete on the weekends and need plenty of rest/recovery before then...

This is my predicament

The Professor
01-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Sorry for your bad day, Dave. Biscuits and gravy *do* sound really good, though. :dr I think I'll have to reward myself with some tomorrow.

Back day today.

V-bar Pulldowns
150 x 10
185 x 10
210 x 6/5 x 4

V-bar seated low rows
210 x 9

Bent-over barbell rows
135 x 10
185 x 8 x 3

Deads
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 2 x 4 (wasn't feeling the grip today and my legs were still hurting from Friday)

Wide-grip deads
135 x 10
185 x 10 x 2

Tried to finish things off with some good mornings. Loaded the bar up with 135, tried to do one, and just couldn't Guess that meant I'd gone far enough. It had been almost an hour anyway. Just trying to get back into a rhythm and schedule after my erratic last two months. Last week was a 3-day split. This week will be back to a 4-day split.

Happy lifting to all! :ze

Genetic Defect
01-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Sorry for your bad day, Dave. Biscuits and gravy *do* sound really good, though. :dr I think I'll have to reward myself with some tomorrow.

Back day today.

V-bar Pulldowns
150 x 10
185 x 10
210 x 6/5 x 4

V-bar seated low rows
210 x 9

Bent-over barbell rows
135 x 10
185 x 8 x 3

Deads
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 2 x 4 (wasn't feeling the grip today and my legs were still hurting from Friday)

Wide-grip deads
135 x 10
185 x 10 x 2

Tried to finish things off with some good mornings. Loaded the bar up with 135, tried to do one, and just couldn't Guess that meant I'd gone far enough. It had been almost an hour anyway. Just trying to get back into a rhythm and schedule after my erratic last two months. Last week was a 3-day split. This week will be back to a 4-day split.

I bet this is your favorite exercise.

icehog3
01-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Its hard to do when you have to compete on the weekends and need plenty of rest/recovery before then...

This is my predicament

The life of an athlete, Dave...I think you pull it off pretty well.

Back day today.

Me too, I am headed to the gym shortly, Dokk.

I bet this is your favorite exercise.

Lame, Perry. :rolleyes:

Genetic Defect
01-26-2009, 10:43 AM
the life of an athlete, dave...i think you pull it off pretty well.

Me too, i am headed to the gym shortly, dokk.

Lame, perry. :rolleyes:

dilligaf?

Mugen910
01-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Lame, Perry. :rolleyes::r

dilligaf?:confused:

Genetic Defect
01-26-2009, 10:56 AM
:r

:confused:

google it obi wan:hm

icehog3
01-26-2009, 11:02 AM
dilligaf?

Dildo Perry gonna make an appearance today? ;)

Mugen910
01-26-2009, 11:02 AM
google it obi wan:hm

:r Bastage!

Chest Bi/Tri today ..woohoo!

Genetic Defect
01-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Dildo Perry gonna make an appearance today? ;)

no, the Perry that cares very little about anything anymore.

icehog3
01-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Off to the gym.

Genetic Defect
01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
not sure I like this vasocharge I like the formula but am not sure if I feel the energy.

Mugen910
01-26-2009, 03:14 PM
This website says my BMI is around 33 and that I'm obese! WTF!!! :fl I'm a little chubby but OBESE?

icehog3
01-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Tore up back today....12 sets of bent over rows (I know, Perry, my favorite) :r up to 305. Finished up with 6 sets of pulls ups x 10 and some stacked close grip pull downs. The lats are jacked! :ze

BigFrank
01-26-2009, 04:13 PM
busted up some chest today.
425x1 touched then went up smooth

glad to see everyone is still pumpin' that iron!

icehog3
01-26-2009, 04:15 PM

Nice lift, Frank! :tu :ze

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-26-2009, 04:23 PM

Nice lift, Frank! :tu :ze

Yes very nice lift. Im jealous now frank.

BigFrank
01-26-2009, 04:24 PM
This website says my BMI is around 33 and that I'm obese! WTF!!! :fl I'm a little chubby but OBESE?
I am not a fan of the BMI index. There are a lot of factors that it does not take into consideration. In the words of my Doctor " its an outdated dinosaur chart "

Apparently I am somewhere between Obese Class 1 and Obese Class 2. :fu
Yes very nice lift. Im jealous now frank.
No need to be jealous. Lift hard and never look back. Also eat a lot. My current goal is too look awful but be strong :r

oh and bombout a lot :r

architeuthis
01-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Do you guys wear "male mammary supports" while working out? HAW! <G>

icehog3
01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
I am not a fan of the BMI index. There are a lot of factors that it does not take into consideration. In the words of my Doctor " its an outdated dinosaur chart "

No need to be jealous. Lift hard and never look back. Also eat a lot. My current goal is too look awful but be strong :r

When I was 27 and before I had my injury, I was 270 pounds with a 31 inch waist. The BMI index said I was 79 pounds overweight for my height. Take it with a grain of salt. ;)

BigFrank
01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Word has it that Tom wears a SmmmMedium T-shirt, does this count? :r:r

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-26-2009, 04:28 PM

Im working at it. Got back to lifting about a month ago and feeling good:ze

icehog3

Our pecs need no support,,,,,that is for the guys who don't work out. ;)

icehog3
Word has it that Tom wears a SmmmMedium T-shirt, does this count? :r:r

Wow, gang up on icehog day! :r

BigFrank
When I was 27 and before I had my injury, I was 270 pounds with a 31 inch waist. The BMI index said I was 79 pounds overweight for my height. Take it with a grain of salt. ;) and terrible blood pressure ;);) :r

icehog3
01-26-2009, 04:29 PM
and terrible blood pressure ;);) :r

Resting pulse of 54, smart guy. ;)

BigFrank
01-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Im working at it. Got back to lifting about a month ago and feeling good:ze thats great. Only thing that sucks is being awfully sore at first :r

Wow, gang up on icehog day! :r
I thought that was everyday :confused::confused:

BigFrank
01-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Resting pulse of 54, smart guy. ;) was that before your "aminos" or after :r:r and by aminos I mean lil pink pills.... :r

icehog3
thats great. Only thing that sucks is being awfully sore at first :r

I thought that was everyday :confused::confused:

OK, I know when I am bested...off to the Metallica concert. Lift heavy or go home, boys. :)

icehog3
was that before your "aminos" or after :r:r and by aminos I mean lil pink pills.... :r

Thanks, Kettle. ;) :r

BigFrank
01-26-2009, 04:32 PM
OK, I know when I am bested...off to the Metallica concert. Lift heavy or go home, boys. :) have fun! I wanted to go, but 250 per ticket wasnt happening...

BigFrank
01-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks, Kettle. ;) :r

Question is, what came first pot or kettle :confused::ss

Mugen910
01-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Resting pulse of 54, smart guy. ;)

54?!?!? Are you alive? Tom I'm not giving you mouth to mouth resuscitation again! :cb:r

Chris.
01-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Ended up not going to the gym in the morning since I was just beat when I woke up. Went after work instead. Had a great back and leg day! :)

Mugen910
01-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Ended up not going to the gym in the morning since I was just beat when I woke up. Went after work instead. Had a great back and leg day! :)

Gotta listen to your body bro! :tu

Chest/Tri/Bi's tonight. Great workout too...I can really see some gains in strength! I was actually smiling when I was working out because I had to add more weights from the first set because it was not enough. :ze

I hear ya bro...my GF was dying laughing at how pissed I was at the idea of being categorized at OBESE!

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I can really see some gains in strength! I was actually smiling when I was working out because I had to add more weights from the first set because it was not enough. :ze

Nice:ze

Chris.
01-26-2009, 09:12 PM
what flavor of vasocharge is best? lemonade or bery? I'm gonna order some of this and get a free sample of WF, and a few other things while I'm at it.

Genetic Defect
01-26-2009, 10:23 PM
what flavor of vasocharge is best? lemonade or bery? I'm gonna order some of this and get a free sample of WF, and a few other things while I'm at it.

to be honest I would order WF and get a free sample of vasocharge but to answer your question berry

King James
01-26-2009, 11:30 PM
first day of volu-grow today....lets see how it works!

icehog3
01-27-2009, 12:25 AM
54?!?!? Are you alive? Tom I'm not giving you mouth to mouth resuscitation again! :cb:r

Not any more, Bao, I am sure it is higher at my advanced age. :r

The Professor
01-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Chest and tris today. Still can't really do incline due to it hurting my right shoulder. Perhaps I should see a doctor about that. :hm

Had a decent chest day for me, though. Hit 135 for 7 on my first post-warmup set. Then hit it for 5. Then for 5 ... but I tried for 6 and on 6 I failed. :r I became *that* guy. Had to move the bar to my stomach, sit up, and stand up with the bar before putting it back on the rack. :r Blasted my tris after that (well ... after trying some inclines and deciding that was a bad idea).

I feel like I'm finally getting form down and if my damn upper back and shoulder weren't so effed up, I'd actually start seeing some real gains on bench. Pretty sure I could do 185 for 1 if I had a spotter; but I don't want to do it without a spotter for fear of crushing myself.

Good lifting to all today. Tomorrow is a "rest" day ... so just cardio for me.

Mugen910
01-27-2009, 06:56 AM
Had a decent chest day for me, though. Hit 135 for 7 on my first post-warmup set. Then hit it for 5. Then for 5 ... but I tried for 6 and on 6 I failed. :r I became *that* guy. Had to move the bar to my stomach, sit up, and stand up with the bar before putting it back on the rack. :r

Nothing wrong with being "That Guy" because you're trying to get stronger and pushing limits but would it be a bad thing to just ask someone to spot?

With that being said I don't really do much on free weights if I'm alone. I'm afraid to be "That Guy" :r

The Professor
01-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Nothing wrong with being "That Guy" because you're trying to get stronger and pushing limits but would it be a bad thing to just ask someone to spot?

With that being said I don't really do much on free weights if I'm alone. I'm afraid to be "That Guy" :r
Frankly, I don't really trust anyone to spot me. The times I have had a spotter at this gym, they've done it wrong and ruined the lifts. Zemekone is the only spotter I've fully trusted and who *helped* rather than hurt my lifts.

If there was someone at my gym I felt I could trust, I'd ask them. Until that point, I'll risk being the guy squished by weights. :D

Mugen910
01-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Frankly, I don't really trust anyone to spot me. The times I have had a spotter at this gym, they've done it wrong and ruined the lifts. Zemekone is the only spotter I've fully trusted and who *helped* rather than hurt my lifts.

If there was someone at my gym I felt I could trust, I'd ask them. Until that point, I'll risk being the guy squished by weights. :D

Ah...easy fix then...just put Gerry in your pocket when you go to the gym and bring him out when needed. :D

The Professor
01-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Ah...easy fix then...just put Gerry in your pocket when you go to the gym and bring him out when needed. :D
I don't think I want him in my pocket. :r

Genetic Defect
01-27-2009, 07:41 AM
I don't think I want him in my pocket. :r

I's sure he would be thrilled though :r

BigFrank
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
to be honest I would order WF and get a free sample of vasocharge but to answer your question berry
sounds good

first day of volu-grow today....lets see how it works!
Please let us know!

Hit me up when your on the east coast for a spot Proff

Good workout. Hope that shoulder starts gettin stronger

zemekone
01-28-2009, 08:28 AM
tweeked my lower back yesterday AM...

looks like im out for a weekish... :fl

Chris.
01-28-2009, 08:40 AM
dang that sucks. I'm going to the gym in a few hours. Probably just focus on upper body.

DavenportESQ

Rest and recover. Dont rush it. If it feels good try to stretch, especially hamstrings and hip flexors.

Mugen910

Sorry to hear bro..

icehog3
01-28-2009, 10:10 AM

Sorry, Brother, I feel your pain.

Day off for me (Yay!)

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
:zewell im gonna go lift

zemekone
01-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Rest and recover. Dont rush it. If it feels good try to stretch, especially hamstrings and hip flexors.

did some hip flexors and sat in the tub for about 45 min... back loosened up nicely...

BigFrank
01-28-2009, 06:18 PM
glad to hear you are on the mend gerry. hope everything gets healed up. nothing like a minor injury that is just bad enough to put ya down for a few weeks.

off night for me, might take another day off this week. been going for new maxes this week. been pretty fun.

DrDubzz
01-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I've started light lifting with my dumbells again.

I would like to be in shape before it warms up again

(and round is not an acceptable shape)

The Professor
01-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Legs are finally feeling 100% from last week ... just in time for leg day tomorrow. :ze

Awesome. Bring da pain. :D