PDA

View Full Version : Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Genetic Defect
12-02-2008, 05:45 PM
IronMan

BigFrank
12-02-2008, 05:49 PM
so many people training to fail

I think its a must, I wouldnt train to fail every set but I would recommend following a rep scheme and the last set pushing till failure. I would avoid going to failure on the first set due to the risk of injury due to poorly warned muscles and joints.

Example
Bench 200 x 10 - 200 x 10 - 200 x 10+ ( go to failure )
or
Pyramid set
200 x 10 220 x 8 240 x 6+ ( go to failure )

But of course this discussion will lead us into the never ending topic of to which degree of failure one should push to.

Genetic Defect
12-02-2008, 05:53 PM
no worries on me discussing it, its another one of those things I don't do.

Starscream
12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Men's Health = Garbage

I'm starting to pick up on this. There is so much out there, that it's hard to know where to start. Any suggestions for a newbie to weightlifting for weightloss?

Genetic Defect
12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm starting to pick up on this. There is so much out there, that it's hard to know where to start. Any suggestions for a newbie to weightlifting for weightloss?

bodybuilding.com

icehog3
12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
so many people training to fail
Failure, Perry....Failure.

My training sure ain't to fail. ;)

If you want to experience weightloss from lifting, you are going to have to train fast and light....cardio is much more efficeint, when combined with proper nutrition. :)

Chris.
12-02-2008, 06:59 PM
How about tips for losing a gut? I don't necessarily want a 6 pack, but just slim the gut and waist down. I was a 34 pants size in high school and now I'm a snug 38 depending on what brand of jeans. I want to get back to a 34 or 36.

Genetic Defect
12-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Failure, Perry....Failure.

My training sure ain't to fail. ;)

If you want to experience weightloss from lifting, you are going to have to train fast and light....cardio is much more efficeint, when combined with proper nutrition. :)

I know :) was trying a play on words.

also to update you I took no Dren today and if I had any caffeine it was from chocolate. :) energy was the same as if taking Dren and my mood was avg. did notice about 330 I was very tired.

Genetic Defect
12-02-2008, 07:02 PM
How about tips for losing a gut? I don't necessarily want a 6 pack, but just slim the gut and waist down. I was a 34 pants size in high school and now I'm a snug 38 depending on what brand of jeans. I want to get back to a 34 or 36.
my only tip here is.
spot reduction is a myth.

BigFrank
12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
1st thing, would be to clean up your diet. Then combine some cardio with weight training 3-4 days per week to start. 20-30 min moderate intensity cardio before weight training. Then follow Tom's advice. Keep rep range 10 +, and keep rest time between sets under 60 secs.
As far as diet goes you would need to post a daily diet for any critique. Main points are
-eat protein with every meal
-eat less carbs, switch poor carb sources ( high glycemic ) with good carbs ( low glycemic)
- eat moderate healthy fats
- eat veggies

for most people looking to loose say 10-20 pounds, a simple cleaning up of the diet and moderate exercise would do wonders over a 4-6 month period.

biggest tip would be, find a routine that fits your lifestyle and find a diet stick and with it for 8-12 weeks.

BigFrank
12-02-2008, 07:08 PM
I know :) was trying a play on words.

also to update you I took no Dren today and if I had any caffeine it was from chocolate. :) energy was the same as if taking Dren and my mood was avg. did notice about 330 I was very tired.
maybe some dren left in your system?
I always wondered how long a lot of that OTC supps stayed with ya. you didnt notice any headaches vito?

Genetic Defect
12-02-2008, 07:10 PM
maybe some dren left in your system?
I always wondered how long a lot of that OTC supps stayed with ya. you didnt notice any headaches vito?

nope, the boss was a PITA but no headaches.

icehog3
12-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Sounds like I will not be buying any Dren, Perry...thanks for testing it out. :tu

Good advice on the weightloss, Frank. :)

BigFrank
12-02-2008, 07:11 PM
ya gotta love those days, I avoid caffeine if i can I crash hard off of it.

was talking to a friend of mine, he was telling me about a supp called "hotrox" he said he got some decent results from it.

Genetic Defect
12-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Tom, save your $$ and try vasocharge the sample I got was pretty similar to WF.

Frank I heard of HotRox, I will pass on it at least for now.

icehog3
12-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Tom, save your $$ and try vasocharge the sample I got was pretty similar to WF.

Frank I heard of HotRox, I will pass on it at least for now.

I have never tried any SciVation products, Perry, have you tried any others?

Genetic Defect
12-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I have never tried any SciVation products, Perry, have you tried any others?

I have used there Xtend product a couple of years ago mixed decent and had a decent flavor, tastes better then purple wraath and will be going back to it after my WF and PW are gone. I actually got the pins and needles from VC that you and Dokk get from WF.... effen awesome :D

Starscream
12-02-2008, 07:27 PM
bodybuilding.com
:tu
1st thing, would be to clean up your diet. Then combine some cardio with weight training 3-4 days per week to start. 20-30 min moderate intensity cardio before weight training. Then follow Tom's advice. Keep rep range 10 +, and keep rest time between sets under 60 secs.
As far as diet goes you would need to post a daily diet for any critique. Main points are
-eat protein with every meal
-eat less carbs, switch poor carb sources ( high glycemic ) with good carbs ( low glycemic)
- eat moderate healthy fats
- eat veggies

for most people looking to loose say 10-20 pounds, a simple cleaning up of the diet and moderate exercise would do wonders over a 4-6 month period.

biggest tip would be, find a routine that fits your lifestyle and find a diet stick and with it for 8-12 weeks.
Thanks to all three of you. Been cleaning up my diet as of late, keeping to a low fat diet. Plan on starting some cardio up very soon.
I'm looking to lose more than 10-20lbs.
Sticking with it is the key for me, though.

Genetic Defect
12-02-2008, 07:27 PM

Thanks to all three of you. Been cleaning up my diet as of late, keeping to a low fat diet. Plan on starting some cardio up very soon.
I'm looking to lose more than 10-20lbs.
Sticking with it is the key for me, though.

drinking a good amount of water and a MV are good too :)

icehog3
12-02-2008, 07:28 PM
I have used there Xtend product a couple of years ago mixed decent and had a decent flavor, tastes better then purple wraath and will be going back to it after my WF and PW are gone. I actually got the pins and needles from VC that you and Dokk get from WF.... effen awesome :D

BB.com still giving away samples?

Starscream
12-02-2008, 07:28 PM
drinking a good amount of water and a MV are good too :)

MV?

Genetic Defect
12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
MV?

multi-vitamin

Chris.
12-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I try to drink a gallon of water every day. I've been watching calorie intake. Not so much carbs. Eat whatever strikes me as good. Mainly because when I do get to eat, it's at work at their cafeteria. I usually drink a protein shake mid-afternoon or some peanut butter and crackers. I take a MV called Vitalert. It's got tons of everything. I've only been hitting the gym about twice a week with a little cardio. about a mile on the treadmill to warm the body up and get the heart rate going, then I do lunges, then on to my leg, arm, back, shoulder, chest (whatever I feel like focusing on) workout. I typically have about 30 seconds between sets at 8 to 10 reps in each set.

cvm4
12-03-2008, 03:48 AM
I have legs in about an hour...

The Professor
12-03-2008, 06:14 AM
Was running behind today; so I only hit some HIIT. Back to the iron tomorrow.

Sanitariumite
12-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I still haven't been able to hit they gym due to whatever it is I strained doing squats last Sunday, but it's been getting gradually better ever since so I'm not too worried about it. I made a discovery today though by taking 400mg of ibuprofin before riding to class, and there's no throbbing headache at all. Is there any reason I shouldn't take 2 ibuprofin and go hit the gym tonight? I was thinking about going light-ish and doing chest/biceps sans cardio to keep my heart rate relatively low.

Chris.
12-03-2008, 01:55 PM
ibuprofen doesn't do anything for me.:confused:

BigFrank
12-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Off day for me, plan on eating some fast food ( hopefully KFC, guitar hero box they sell is the shiznit ! )

DavenportESQ
12-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I have been eating so unhealthy because of end of the semester b.s.. Skipping meals, going to buffets, I need to vamp up the intensity in the weightroom to make up for my slack @$$ diet

cvm4
12-04-2008, 06:31 AM
I had a nice shoulders/traps/abs day today.
Looking forward to the day off tomorrow.

Starscream
12-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Wow. Getting back into shape hurts. Did some easy arm work with some lightweight dumbells and boy am I sore today!

The Professor
12-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Wow. Getting back into shape hurts. Did some easy arm work with some lightweight dumbells and boy am I sore today!
maybe you should cut the dumbbells in half...

...like your Lusitanias. :dance:

Starscream
12-04-2008, 08:14 PM
maybe you should cut the dumbbells in half...

...like your Lusitanias. :dance:

:r:r

Sanitariumite
12-04-2008, 08:15 PM

I'm always sore to the point of being literally crippled when I lift after a long absence from the gym. Give yourself a week or two to get back in the swing of things, and you shouldn't be too sore anymore after lifting. I usually feel tightness in the worked muscle-groups after I lift.

zonedar
12-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Hadn't done any lower back stuff in a while. Did a bunch of back extensions after my chest/tri workout today. Really stiff this afternoon. That'll learn me to skip them...

Starscream
12-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Alright guys, so I just completed my first two days back training. My arms are still sore, but managable so I can do arms again tomorrow. But after my leg workout I think I'm gonna be so sore that I probably will have difficulty walking up stairs or bending over. Question: I'm gonna go ahead and do arms again tomorrow, but if my legs are so sore that it hurts to move them, should I attempt to do another leg workout, or should I take another couple of days to rest them?

BigFrank
12-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Alright guys, so I just completed my first two days back training. My arms are still sore, but managable so I can do arms again tomorrow. But after my leg workout I think I'm gonna be so sore that I probably will have difficulty walking up stairs or bending over. Question: I'm gonna go ahead and do arms again tomorrow, but if my legs are so sore that it hurts to move them, should I attempt to do another leg workout, or should I take another couple of days to rest them?
If you just started back at the gym, take tomorrow off. Two days in a row after a break is more than enough. Rest up tomorrow, than maybe a lil chest and tris, follow that up with a shoulder calf and ab day. Then a good two days rest. That is what I would suggest.
What's your current routine like now?

As a rule of thumb I always try to keep my training routine broken up as to prevent overtraining certain body parts. Good example of this would be, training back than the following day training legs. To me this is too much stress on the lower back. Similar concept for Chest shoulders triceps and back and biceps. You get the idea.

Hadn't done any lower back stuff in a while. Did a bunch of back extensions after my chest/tri workout today. Really stiff this afternoon. That'll learn me to skip them...

Next time try some stretching out / foam roller work post workout. Really cuts down on the sore lower back.

BigFrank
12-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Squats
485x5 - 485x5 - 485x8(PR)
Leg Presses
8 Platesx40 8p x25
Leg curls
100x10x4
Leg Press Calf Raises
210x20x4

Crushed my PR with 3 full reps. Felt unreal.

Starscream
12-05-2008, 08:43 PM
What's your current routine like now?

I'm not at the gym. Training w/ dumbells at home for starters. Gym will come later.
Arms: Curls, inlcine bench press, Seated row to neck, Shoulder press

Legs: Static Lunge, Goblet squats, Dumbell Stepups.

I'm a 6'1" 260lbs fat@$$ who hasn't lifted a weight or worked out serioulsly in about a year (I did some Taebo over the summer:D)
I did both the arm and leg workouts w/ 15lbs dumbells (30lbs total). Yes I'm starting out very lightweight. Even though I'm starting out lightweight, I'm sore as $h!t!

BigFrank
12-05-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm not at the gym. Training w/ dumbells at home for starters. Gym will come later.
Arms: Curls, inlcine bench press, Seated row to neck, Shoulder press

Legs: Static Lunge, Goblet squats, Dumbell Stepups.

I'm a 6'1" 260lbs fat@$$ who hasn't lifted a weight or worked out serioulsly in about a year (I did some Taebo over the summer:D)
I did both the arm and leg workouts w/ 15lbs dumbells (30lbs total). Yes I'm starting out very lightweight. Even though I'm starting out lightweight, I'm sore as $h!t!
Hey gotta start somewhere right?

You could toss in some kickbacks or extensions for triceps, maybe 1 arm rows too.

cvm4
12-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Chest and cardio today.

Starscream
12-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Hey gotta start somewhere right?

You could toss in some kickbacks or extensions for triceps, maybe 1 arm rows too.

Thanks. Hope to be in the gym by first of the year. I'll add those to my routine at home for now.

The Professor
12-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Since I'm gonna be traveling for a few days (with no weights), I did some posterior chain work today and a little bis

Close-stance Good Mornings 3x10 @ 135
Deadlifts 10x135, 10x225, 6x315, 1x365, 5x315, 10x225
Straight-bar Curls 10x60; 10x70

Genetic Defect
12-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Since I'm gonna be traveling for a few days (with no weights), I did some posterior chain work today and a little bis
Close-stance Good Mornings 3x10 @ 135
Deadlifts 10x135, 10x225, 6x315, 1x365, 5x315, 10x225
Straight-bar Curls 10x60; 10x70

woo-hoo

zonedar
12-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Leg curls [15 12 10 8 8]x130
Leg Extensions [8 8 8]x190
Hack Squats [8 8]x310 [8]x290
Inverted pull-ups (legs on bench) [12 12 12 12]
Close in cable pull-downs [12 12 12 12]x150
Barbell Curls [8 8]x70 8x60 (form started to fall apart so I went lower)

Now off to get fuel in me and my truck...

BigFrank
12-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Another off day for me. Nothing special.

http://www.elitefts.com/

25% off belts, wraps, wrists wraps, suits etc. Figured I would let ya guys no. If anyone is in the market for some wraps or a nice belt, wouldnt be a bad idea to grab some.

icehog3
12-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Another off day for me. Nothing special.

http://www.elitefts.com/

25% off belts, wraps, wrists wraps, suits etc. Figured I would let ya guys no. If anyone is in the market for some wraps or a nice belt, wouldnt be a bad idea to grab some.

Thanks Frank, I am actually looking for some new straps. :)

Off day for me too....had some unexpected stuff come up yesterday and spent a long day with family. I am just too pooped to pop. :r

King James
12-08-2008, 02:07 AM
is exam week this week so am not going to be able to go as many days as I would like. Hopefully get to gym at least twice, maybe 3 times this week

icehog3
12-08-2008, 09:19 AM
I am getting my arse in gear to go now...still tired, but I gotta hit it hard today.

Jimmy, good luck on the exams!

s15driftking
12-08-2008, 09:21 AM
heres a wierd thing... the ysay to do armes and chest only every other day... but even everyohter day i dont get the explosion on the "would be" every other day... its almost like i have to wait 4 days before i get a good explosion....

DavenportESQ
12-08-2008, 09:38 AM
I am feeling a little of last night still, will have to take some sort of supplement to get me fired up to go

icehog3
12-08-2008, 09:41 AM
I am feeling a little of last night still, will have to take some sort of supplement to get me fired up to go

Kick some arse, Brother! :ze

Starscream
12-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Any suggestions for soreness in legs after workout? It's been three days and my thighs are still killing me. Stretching them out every so often, but the pain doesn't lighten much.

s15driftking
12-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Any suggestions for soreness in legs after workout? It's been three days and my thighs are still killing me. Stretching them out every so often, but the pain doesn't lighten much.

have you not worked those specific muscles out in a while? if so,they will be sore for a while...

it's like this, run on a treadmill every day and you'll hardly be sore..

Go play (low contact) flag football for an hour and you will hurt for three days.... because you are working otu muscles you never knew existed!!

Starscream
12-08-2008, 10:50 AM
have you not worked those specific muscles out in a while? if so,they will be sore for a while...

it's like this, run on a treadmill every day and you'll hardly be sore..

Go play (low contact) flag football for an hour and you will hurt for three days.... because you are working otu muscles you never knew existed!!

Been a loooong time.

BigFrank
12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Read this article, trust me. Foam Rollers.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/feel_better_for_10_bucks

Genetic Defect
12-08-2008, 04:12 PM

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/feel_better_for_10_bucks
isn't that like reading a magazine?

BigFrank
12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Felt sluggish today. Standing around in the cold at work will most likely do that. Anyways, blasted some bench.
Flat Bench
400x3 400x3 400x5 (had to struggle with the last rep, hurt my lower back a little)
Incline Press
325x5 325x10
Dips
BW+100x5x3
V bar press downs
8 marker on stack x 20 x 2
Crunches 25 x 3

Shoulder was bugging me today, switched to a narrow grip and pushed through. After my workout I did some foam roller work on my shoulder and lower back. I need to spend more time with the foam roller and stretching.

BigFrank
12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
isn't that like reading a magazine?
Nope.
#1 It's free
#2 It's actually good information. Not 10 new tips to build big biceps. LOL:cb

Sites like that are why I am anti magazine. Better information and its free.

Genetic Defect
12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Nope.
#1 It's free
#2 It's actually good information. Not 10 new tips to build big biceps. LOL:cb

Sites like that are why I am anti magazine. Better information and its free.

:D

BigFrank
12-08-2008, 04:29 PM
:D

:r

Genetic Defect
12-08-2008, 04:39 PM
No caffeine since last Wednesday. feeling good with out it:)

longknocker
12-08-2008, 04:51 PM
No caffeine since last Wednesday. feeling good with out it:)

:tu Good for you, Bro! Unfortunately, with my "weird" working hours I need it!:D

King James
12-08-2008, 05:47 PM
back to gym tomorrow, no way I could have today w/ only 2 hrs sleep last night. Looking fwd to working out some stress/anger w/ school haha

Starscream
12-08-2008, 06:28 PM

:hmLooks like that would make some soreness go away. $10 is cheap too!

BigFrank
12-08-2008, 06:51 PM
back to gym tomorrow, no way I could have today w/ only 2 hrs sleep last night. Looking fwd to working out some stress/anger w/ school haha
Ouch man two hours is rough. Oddly enough I have had some of my best workouts on little sleep. But then again, that may have been due to the fact I drank multiple energy drinks hahah.
:hmLooks like that would make some soreness go away. $10 is cheap too!
I have one and use the one at the gym from time to time. I think it helps. For 10 bucks its worth a shot. I am sure everyone here has spent 10 bucks on worse.

zemekone
12-08-2008, 10:52 PM
sorry i havent been around guys life has been hectic, i subscribed to the thread so now i can keep coming back to it on my phone...

keep lifting heavy everyone!

icehog3
12-09-2008, 08:44 AM
sorry i havent been around guys life has been hectic, i subscribed to the thread so now i can keep coming back to it on my phone...

Good to see you, Brother. :)

King James
12-09-2008, 10:27 AM
upper body day today... can't wait!

goalie204
12-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Trying to lose weight, started working out and eating healthy, it's very hard when you've been out of shape as long as me, but i'm determined. Good luck for me

zemekone
12-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Trying to lose weight, started working out and eating healthy, it's very hard when you've been out of shape as long as me, but i'm determined. Good luck for me

The hardest part of getting back in shape is turning it into a habit and feeling bad when you can't get in...

If there's any advice you need we are all here more than willing to help.

fissure
12-09-2008, 12:56 PM
How about a list of what the acronyms for exercise's mean? I follow the thread some as I am doing the at home gym but sometimes can't figure out what you guys are talking about:D Watching what I eat and working out 3 times a week, I'm down 15 pounds and have gained noticeable muscle (chest and arms) in 4 months. Need to start shoulders/back, legs, and especially lower back (it always bothers me from sitting all day)

Genetic Defect
12-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Steve for lower back I would concentrate on your core.

fissure
12-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Anything specific? Crunches?

zemekone
12-09-2008, 01:10 PM
especially lower back (it always bothers me from sitting all day)

Perry is right... Core, core, core!

If you workout at home grab yourself a exersise ball and do core strengthening exersises.

Give yoga a try too...

Genetic Defect
12-09-2008, 03:05 PM
this is a website that has most of the exercises that I did in PT after my back surgery.

http://www.ab-core-and-stomach-exercises.com/core-exercises.html

goalie204
12-09-2008, 03:22 PM
The hardest part of getting back in shape is turning it into a habit and feeling bad when you can't get in...

Appreciate it, altho i'm not sure i've ever been in shape (maybe when i was 13-14 and active), but i want to be healthy and not get diabetes and lower my risk of any other fat guy related stuff.

I've been doing my own version of the beginners exercises on http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/beginner.html

Basically I've got to start slow, every time in the past i've tried to start, i couldn't stick to it because i would go to hard and say "Screw this", so i'm kind of doing my own thing. We'll see how it goes, thanks for the offer tho

I definitely don't love to work out, but i've only been doing it for a week or so now, but i definitely feel aWESOME after doing it, so hopefully this will be what gets me off my ass to do it :P

BigFrank
12-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Consistency is key. set short and long term goals. plan times to take away from the gym. remember the mind can get fatigue too!

Heavy Pull Night
DeadLifts
515x3 - 515x3 - 515x5 (shoulda hit 6, but weight felt funny so I dropped it)
Good Mornings
135x10x3
Pull Ups
BW+100x5x3
Hang Cleans Supersetted with Rows
135x6x3 --185x20x2

Did some neck work while I starred uncomfortably at some smoking hot chick.

BigFrank
12-09-2008, 04:02 PM

Hope all is ok zeme, let me know.

2nd the advice thing. Anything ya guys want to ask I say shoot. Granted you may spark a huge debate due to the different training styles and methods each of the members use. but I personally think reading through the workout debate banter is a great way for guys new to it all to get a good idea of all aspects of training. its all trial and error sometimes. See or hear something new, give it a go. If it doesnt work oh well. If it does then you are 1 step ahead.

zemekone
12-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Everything is a bit better thanks frank...
Hope all is ok zeme, let me know.

2nd the advice thing. Anything ya guys want to ask I say shoot. Granted you may spark a huge debate due to the different training styles and methods each of the members use. but I personally think reading through the workout debate banter is a great way for guys new to it all to get a good idea of all aspects of training. its all trial and error sometimes. See or hear something new, give it a go. If it doesnt work oh well. If it does then you are 1 step ahead.

Debate? I thought we came to the conclusion I'm always right! :hb

On serious note frank is right about the differnt training theories and styles that you can pick up here...

Mugen910
12-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Prob wrong thread but what the heck...Not quite pumping iron but I got my heart racing! The weather was mild in New England (48*) tonight so I went for a 5k with the GF...She kicked my .... Uhm I mean I let her win so her ego wouldn't get shot! :ss Amazing how fast aerobic endurance can go to the crapper..

Hope everyone did something healthy to get their blood pumpin' today. :tu

goalie204
12-09-2008, 06:08 PM
I got a friend thats been training 16 years and is a nutrition and workout/get healthy god, so i won't be trying to start any debates on here no worrys :P

King James
12-09-2008, 09:03 PM
shoveling snow/sleet mix is a good workout

Mugen910
12-09-2008, 09:28 PM
yeah cant wait till it snows here so i can shovel and get more exercise. :confused:
Posted via Mobile Device

icehog3
12-09-2008, 10:11 PM

When you are young....when you get older, it is the key to a premature heart attack. ;)

zemekone
12-10-2008, 12:40 PM

Looks like us So*Cal guys are missing a good workout :hn

Mugen910
12-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Looks like us So*Cal guys are missing a good workout :hn

You have no idea! :r

Genetic Defect
12-10-2008, 02:04 PM

:r

Mugen910
12-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Nothing crazy last night...went to the gym and did all upper body till failure. Legs still a bit sore from the 5k jog.

Starscream
12-11-2008, 07:52 AM
It's been a week since I last did a leg workout. My legs have just now returned to feeling normal (no ache and pain). Ready for round two this afternoon.

icehog3
12-11-2008, 10:17 AM
It's been a week since I last did a leg workout. My legs have just now returned to feeling normal (no ache and pain). Ready for round two this afternoon.

Hope you cut your recovery time a little on this one, Andy! :D

Starscream
12-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Hope you cut your recovery time a little on this one, Andy! :D

I'm guessing it'll be a lot shorter. I should be able to get back to working legs every other day.

Chris.
12-11-2008, 11:46 AM
try not to work them so hard and your recovery times will be a lot shorter. I work legs twice a week and incorporate a little leg workout every time I go to the gym. My problem is with squats and deadlifts, I get lightheaded and short of breath. I can't figure it out or get it to stop unless I take a good 1 minute break between sets...:(

Starscream
12-11-2008, 01:46 PM
try not to work them so hard and your recovery times will be a lot shorter. I work legs twice a week and incorporate a little leg workout every time I go to the gym. My problem is with squats and deadlifts, I get lightheaded and short of breath. I can't figure it out or get it to stop unless I take a good 1 minute break between sets...:(

Long recovery time was due to it being my first time working those muscles seriously in almost two years.

Chris.
12-11-2008, 01:56 PM
oh, yea, I understand that! Been there just a few months ago. But take it easy(lighter weight or just don't do one thing until failure) for a few workouts and your muscles will get used to the work again.

Mugen910
12-11-2008, 02:02 PM
oh, yea, I understand that! Been there just a few months ago. But take it easy(lighter weight or just don't do one thing until failure) for a few workouts and your muscles will get used to the work again.

my problem is I don't go to the gym more than 2-3x a week so when I go I feel that I have to do all upper body and assume jogging will help the lower body.

Genetic Defect
12-11-2008, 02:07 PM
You can go to the gym 3 times a week and get legs in there

Chris.
12-11-2008, 02:10 PM
my problem is I don't go to the gym more than 2-3x a week so when I go I feel that I have to do all upper body and assume jogging will help the lower body.

thats all I go too. Between school and work it is really hard to get in the gym more than 2x/week for me. Now that school is out for the holidays, I'll be in there 3 to 4 times a week I hope.

smitdavi
12-11-2008, 02:12 PM

I drove an old 77 pick-up in high school that was a manual with no power steering lol. Talk about a beast. When I would get done lifting for football it was always a trip to try to drive that thing home with noodle legs and arms

Been about 3 1/2 months straight (4+ days in the gym a week) now for me in the gym. Finally starting to loose weight. Def picked up some bulk in my arms and chest, my suit jackets are a little tight in through the arms and chest this year :D

Genetic Defect
12-11-2008, 02:20 PM
I drove an old 77 pick-up in high school that was a manual with no power steering lol. Talk about a beast. When I would get done lifting for football it was always a trip to try to drive that thing home with noodle legs and arms

Been about 3 1/2 months straight (4+ days in the gym a week) now for me in the gym. Finally starting to loose weight. Def picked up some bulk in my arms and chest, my pants are a little tight ithis year :D

I would love to get to the gym

BigFrank
12-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I currently follow a program that has a shortened 3 day a week version. Its a little more geared towards powerlifting, but i am sure with a little tweaking it can be set up for general lifting. Let me know if ya want some details.

BigFrank
12-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Assistance work day.
I was only working out 3 days a week, but I felt like a total bum. So I bumped to 4 days a week. Thursday are more or less a borderline bullshit day. nothing superheavy mainly assistance work for bench. I do not bother to write down numbers or reps. Just kinda hit some weights, do a little HIT cardio then out of the gym. 45 minutes tops usually.

Standing Military Presses
DB laterals superset with hang cleans
HS shrugs super set with blackouts/skull crushers
kaz presses done with dumbbells
pull ups
hammer curls
suicide sprints

on a side note, I forgot to do neck work LOL.

icehog3
12-11-2008, 04:58 PM
on a side note, I forgot to do neck work LOL.

Don't forget next time, Frank....don't wanna get turkey neck! ;) :r

BigFrank
12-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Don't forget next time, Frank....don't wanna get turkey neck! ;) :r
I think it would take a lot more than that to get a small neck.:r

Gotta get fitted for a suit for my brothers wedding. its my goal to make it a total pain in his ass getting it tailored hahaha.

Mugen910
12-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I currently follow a program that has a shortened 3 day a week version. Its a little more geared towards powerlifting, but i am sure with a little tweaking it can be set up for general lifting. Let me know if ya want some details.
I wouldn't mind taking a look at it....I am mostly trying to loss weight I never had a problem picking up size but looking lean has almost been impossible. Thanks big frank.

Did upper body at home..light weights but till failure.

icehog3
12-11-2008, 10:55 PM
I think it would take a lot more than that to get a small neck.:r

Gotta get fitted for a suit for my brothers wedding. its my goal to make it a total pain in his ass getting it tailored hahaha.

When I got married, the Men's Warehouse had to cut one of their tuxedo coats to fit me....all at no extra charge. It was pretty cool. ;)

BigFrank
12-12-2008, 05:02 PM
When I got married, the Men's Warehouse had to cut one of their tuxedo coats to fit me....all at no extra charge. It was pretty cool. ;)
I think the tuxes are going to be from a pricey place ( not MW ) I think its funny because her faimly is covering most of the wedding, rich peoples lol!

ps open bar there and yes im getting tanked.

BigFrank
12-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Friday Squat and Bomb Out Day
Squats
475x3 475x3 475x5(pr) ( went for a 6th rep, and hit the bottom and had nothing, crash bang boom power rack to the rescue hahahaha )
At this point I became enraged. after a 5 min swear fest, I pull my knee wraps so tight my feet were almost numb and racked 500, stood out and had nothing out of the bottom again) I quitted then.
Lunges
135x10x3
Good Mornings
135x10x3
Abs
100 crunches
Grip Strength Training

Shitty day at the gym.hit my 3RM PR, but wanted more. Got really upset. Story of my life.

Chris.
12-13-2008, 07:00 AM
what do you do for grip strength? I find my hands cramping up a lot when using heavier dumb bells and seated rows etc..usually towards the end of my workout though.

Genetic Defect
12-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Chris for grip look into Captains of Crush :) never heard a bad thing about them.

BigFrank
12-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Chris for grip look into Captains of Crush :) never heard a bad thing about them.
That is what I use.
Here is the website http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/ironmind/Main/captainsofcrush.html

Here is where I purchased mine from.
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=223

Here is the rating breakdown.
Guide @ 60 lb.
Sport @ 80 lb.
Trainer @ 100 lb.
No. 1 @ 140 lb.
No. 1.5
No. 2 @ 195 lb.
No. 2.5
No. 3 @ 280 lb.
No. 3.5
No. 4 @ 365 lb.

I currently train with the No.1. My grip training usually consists of 3 sets of 10 squeezes per hand. Also training without lifting straps will increase hand strength.

Mugen910
12-13-2008, 02:25 PM
what do you do for grip strength? I find my hands cramping up a lot when using heavier dumb bells and seated rows etc..usually towards the end of my workout though.

I remember reading some time back that if you do pullups..try to incorporate regular towels. Throw them over the bar and use those to pull up onto. Your forearms will burn but the strength can pick up very fast.

zemekone
12-13-2008, 02:30 PM
I remember reading some time back that if you do pullups..try to incorporate regular towels. Throw them over the bar and use those to pull up onto. Your forearms will burn but the strength can pick up very fast.

I use to do that! One caution: it kills your forearms so much it may mess up the rest of your back/bis/pull day...

BigFrank
12-13-2008, 05:56 PM
I use to do that! One caution: it kills your forearms so much it may mess up the rest of your back/bis/pull day...
That's why I deadlift first hahaha!

zemekone
12-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Slow as helll at work...

Gonna do cardio, traps, and calves after work...

Chris.
12-13-2008, 08:17 PM
yea I was thinking about buying the No.1 captains of crush thing. I know I probably wont be able to squeeze it in all the way but it would give me something to work up to instead of buying one I know I could squeeze all the way and having to buy a whole other set of them down the road. Thanks for the info on that guys!

Do any of you do shrugs? Do you use dumb bells for it or what? How about neck strengthening exercises?

Genetic Defect
12-13-2008, 08:21 PM
When I do shrugs it was on a machine used to use barbells though

BigFrank
12-13-2008, 08:57 PM
yea I was thinking about buying the No.1 captains of crush thing. I know I probably wont be able to squeeze it in all the way but it would give me something to work up to instead of buying one I know I could squeeze all the way and having to buy a whole other set of them down the road. Thanks for the info on that guys!

Do any of you do shrugs? Do you use dumb bells for it or what? How about neck strengthening exercises?
I would buy the lower ones opposed to one you may not be able to close. Use one you can close for reps, then when you are ready for the next just buy it. I initially purchased the no.2 figuring my hand strength was great. I was dead wrong. I ended up buying the sport. Once I was closing it 20+ times I picked up the trainer, than same 20 reps got the no.1.

I am forced to do barbell shrugs because my gym's dumbbells go up only to 125. My trap training is on and off. There are a lot of other exercises for building a huge pair of traps. I have been doing a variation of the Hang Cleans which are a hybrid lift, and have noticed a big difference.
Here is a good article.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/the_yoke.htm

I just starting doing neck work again. I picked up a neck harness awhile back.

BigFrank
12-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Here is the hang clean.
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/HangClean.html
I only do 2 parts of this exercise. I dont put it on my chest. Its more like an upright row. But I use heavier weight and use my body to get a little english on it.

DavenportESQ
12-13-2008, 10:35 PM

When it comes to grip strength check out www.sorinex.com

They are a local company here in Columbia SC they make the best equipment I have ever used. Its a small family company. The man who started the Company's name is Richard. He is the first person to close the 3 gripper (20 years ago with all the certification b.s) The most recent (2008) and the Oldest (mid 50's) they have a good online forum too that talks a lot about training especially grip work.

For Grip work I like the actual grip weights called "the blob"

sorinexforums.com

zemekone
12-14-2008, 11:50 AM
:salute:When it comes to grip strength check out www.sorinex.com

For Grip work I like the actual grip weights called "the blob"

I like the blob slot better then the grippers too, thanks dave...

Mugen910
12-14-2008, 12:32 PM
afternoon gym rats...Just got back from a 5k race in somerville, ma. It was cold but fun..everyone running had either a santa hat on or something Xmas on. :tu

Chris.
12-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Great links big frank! I definitely want to develop my yoke more. I hate how small it is.

icehog3
12-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Didn't have a lot of gas in the gym today, but I went through the routine and did the best I could for a low-energy day.

zonedar
12-15-2008, 01:59 PM
So yesterday was chest/triceps day. Was over at the inclined bench and was setting some DBs down in front of it to get ready. Twink... Back... Ouch... Not bad, though. Didn't think much of it and did the rest of the workout, no problem. Today I'm walking around shaped like a '?'.

Don't you hate it when you tweak your back in the gym. I mean the irony...

GhostRyder
12-15-2008, 03:03 PM
afternoon gym rats...Just got back from a 5k race in somerville, ma. It was cold but fun..everyone running had either a santa hat on or something Xmas on. :tu

Cool deal. I love getting out there and just running for fun. My last 3 mile (I know not a true 5k) for our PFT was pretty solid, so I'm thinkin about signing up for a 5k after Christmas Break is over. Although, I'm tempted to go all out again and run another marathon. It was so rewarding this first time around.

BigFrank
12-15-2008, 03:25 PM
So yesterday was chest/triceps day. Was over at the inclined bench and was setting some DBs down in front of it to get ready. Twink... Back... Ouch... Not bad, though. Didn't think much of it and did the rest of the workout, no problem. Today I'm walking around shaped like a '?'.

Don't you hate it when you tweak your back in the gym. I mean the irony...
or when you smash your hand on a barbell because some hot chick caught your eye during warmups. LOL

Bench Day
Bench-380x5 - 400x3 - 415x2( 3rd rep I had nothing coming out of the bottom ) this has been happening a lot recently.
Dips-Bodyweight+100x5x2 - +100x9
Abs 100 crunches
Treadmill crap 15 minutes.

DavenportESQ
12-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Didn't have a lot of gas in the gym today, but I went through the routine and did the best I could for a low-energy day.

These are often the days when most gains are made.

BigFrank
12-15-2008, 03:41 PM
These are often the days when most gains are made.
agreed, whenever I go into the gym feeling like im going to do well I usually disappoint myself. But on days when I feel like crap I usual hit a new PR.

DavenportESQ
12-15-2008, 03:44 PM
or when you smash your hand on a barbell because some hot chick caught your eye during warmups. LOL

Bench Day
Bench-380x5 - 400x3 - 415x2( 3rd rep I had nothing coming out of the bottom ) this has been happening a lot recently.
Dips-Bodyweight+100x5x2 - +100x9
Abs 100 crunches
Treadmill crap 15 minutes.

Bigfrank did you cut this workout short? Doesn't seem like a lot for a normal bench day? 10 work reps isn't that much volume? Curious as to what type of training you are doing?

Mugen910
12-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Cool deal. I love getting out there and just running for fun. My last 3 mile (I know not a true 5k) for our PFT was pretty solid, so I'm thinkin about signing up for a 5k after Christmas Break is over. Although, I'm tempted to go all out again and run another marathon. It was so rewarding this first time around.

That's what I'm hoping for brother..I'd like to run the Boston again...:tu

I'm just chillin' out in the house till the gf gets home..then off to the gym and see if I can handle BigFrank's regiment. :D

BigFrank
12-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Bigfrank did you cut this workout short? Doesn't seem like a lot for a normal bench day? 10 work reps isn't that much volume? Curious as to what type of training you are doing?
I am following a low volume high intensity format. Lately Ive been doing a little more than I should. This last wave, all max effort, I am trying to do less volume. I count the dips as a pressing supplement to bench. I could have done a little more, but the program doesnt really call for it. I think i made a post awhile back about the program I am following. If not I can always repost it. Going to give this program another wave, then thinking about running sheiko for 1 cycle.

King James
12-15-2008, 05:03 PM
good upper body workout today then had to help stack wood back @ home.

zonedar
12-15-2008, 05:24 PM
or when you smash your hand on a barbell because some hot chick caught your eye during warmups.

That doesn't bother me so much anymore. ;)

Mugen910
12-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Last night was a good workout night..

Chest
Triceps
Biceps

I need to start bringing a note pad to jot down my progress. :tu

icehog3
12-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Last night was a good workout night..

Chest
Triceps
Biceps

I need to start bringing a note pad to jot down my progress. :tu

Keep kickin' arse, Bao!

I am headed for a chest and back torture session shortly.

Mugen910
12-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Keep kickin' arse, Bao!

I am headed for a chest and back torture session shortly.

Have fun Tom..

Tonight = 3miler...

hmm...Ravioli for lunch. :tu

I kind of understand the multi-vitamin and joint supplement thing but
uhm..whey protein is for post workout to help rebuild muscles?

icehog3
12-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Have fun Tom..

Tonight = 3miler...

hmm...Ravioli for lunch. :tu

I kind of understand the multi-vitamin and joint supplement thing but
uhm..whey protein is for post workout to help rebuild muscles?

Whey gets into the system faster than most proteins, so it is recommended to have some whey protein right after the workout to start recovery and rebuilding faster.

Mugen910
12-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Whey gets into the system faster than most proteins, so it is recommended to have some whey protein right after the workout to start recovery and rebuilding faster.

:tu thanks :ze

King James
12-16-2008, 01:34 PM
legs today after a good upper body workout yesterday

BigFrank
12-16-2008, 03:49 PM
you can also add a little milk instead of water to whey protein to chase 2tbsp peanut butter for a quick meal too.

BigFrank
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Pull Day
450x5 - 490x3 - 540x5 ( pr )
Good mornings
Pull Downs
Rear Delts
neck and grip work

Good workout today, was feeling like crap all day. Plus smashed my hand bad at work thought I would have a crappy pull session. Hit my goal weight +4 reps today. Not to shabby.

Genetic Defect
12-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Pull Day
450x5 - 490x3 - 540x5 ( pr )
Good mornings
Pull Downs
Rear Delts
neck and grip work

Good workout today, was feeling like crap all day. Plus smashed my hand bad at work thought I would have a crappy pull session. Hit my goal weight +4 reps today. Not to shabby.

who walked by? :r

BigFrank
12-16-2008, 03:57 PM
who walked by? :r:r!!!

icehog3
12-16-2008, 06:20 PM
you can also add a little milk instead of water to whey protein to chase 2tbsp peanut butter for a quick meal too.

That's pretty much my post-workout shake these days...Skim milk, whey protein, glutamine and peanut butter. :dr

DavenportESQ
12-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Big Frank good luck with the workout and waves. I am Interested how you fair with this. I find when I am trying to really get my bench going I will bench, but that will only be 1/3 of the work. The other 2/3s include a lot of Lat loading, and tricep work.

Hope it works for you

Mugen910
12-17-2008, 08:21 AM
3mile run last night on the BORING tread mill but worked up a heck of a sweat with sprints.

started the Whey Protien + joint formula + multi-vitamin too. :tu

Question though..the glucosamene + multi-vitamin says to take these horse pills 3x a day..is that really needed? Can I just get by with once a day and up the dosage if I feel it's necessary?

icehog3
12-17-2008, 08:59 AM
3mile run last night on the BORING tread mill but worked up a heck of a sweat with sprints.

started the Whey Protien + joint formula + multi-vitamin too. :tu

Question though..the glucosamene + multi-vitamin says to take these horse pills 3x a day..is that really needed? Can I just get by with once a day and up the dosage if I feel it's necessary?

I would take the glucosamine as recommended, Bao. With a multi-vitamin, you could always go with a quality timed release once a day.

Mugen910
12-17-2008, 09:03 AM
I would take the glucosamine as recommended, Bao. With a multi-vitamin, you could always go with a quality timed release once a day.

My GF works at a BioTech company so I guess she got these at the company store. The label says "Elderly joint formula" I was thinking I'm not old enough to need that much but we'll see. :D

Genetic Defect
12-17-2008, 01:59 PM
this is where I reccomend a CL product :D
Orange Triad is what I currently use :)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/orangetriad.html

Chris.
12-17-2008, 05:00 PM
a muscle in my abs popped today when I had to dead lift a motor and put it in a car. feels a little sore but not painful...thankfully. I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow for a good leg workout. I'll incorporate some chest/traps into it as well.

Mugen910
12-18-2008, 09:38 AM
a muscle in my abs popped today when I had to dead lift a motor and put it in a car. feels a little sore but not painful...thankfully. I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow for a good leg workout. I'll incorporate some chest/traps into it as well.

Hope it heals Chris...pulled ab muscles suck!

inner thighs a bit sore from last nights leg workout but I like it! :tu

Took the horse pills in the AM and got another 3mile run tonite. :dance:

Genetic Defect
12-18-2008, 11:47 AM
three weeks no caffiene. Had some cake batter last nighr :dr

Mugen910
12-18-2008, 11:49 AM

uhm..congrats? That doesn't sound fun to me. No strong kick you in the arse coffee? :(

zemekone
12-18-2008, 11:59 AM

hows that no caffine treating you? are you taking taurine too?

BigFrank
12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Vito has switched to crystal meth to combat the cravings LOLOLOL!

Genetic Defect
12-18-2008, 02:02 PM
uhm..congrats? That doesn't sound fun to me. No strong kick you in the arse coffee? :(
It is a good thing :)
hows that no caffine treating you? are you taking taurine too?

The first two weeks were bad, now Im doing good, not taking the Tuarine forgot about that, can start it today :)

zemekone
12-18-2008, 02:03 PM
It is a good thing :)

The first two weeks were bad, now Im doing good, not taking the Tuarine forgot about that, can start it today :)

if your fine now, prolly all cleansed out... dont worry about it...

Genetic Defect
12-18-2008, 02:06 PM
if your fine now, prolly all cleansed out... dont worry about it...

Alright.

Is caffiene free soda really caffiene free?

zemekone
12-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Alright.

Is caffiene free soda really caffiene free?

most are...

maybe you are getting a sugar high...

Genetic Defect
12-18-2008, 02:42 PM
It was Sprite and Sprite Zero wanted to make sure Im not unknowingly taking caffiene

Mugen910
12-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Why are you cutting out the caffeine, Perry?

Genetic Defect
12-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I googled caffiene and weight loss and looks like it doesn't do much to help.

BigFrank
12-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Assistance work tonight, nothing special. had to rush my workout, GF locked her keys in car...

Article for you Tom. http://www.elitefts.com/articles/sports-training/default.asp

Mugen910
12-18-2008, 09:17 PM
40 min jog tonight on the treadmill. Inner thighs still sore from squats and lunges the night before.

Back and Shoulders tomorrow..Yaay!!!

BigFrank
12-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Squats
415x5 - 455x3 - 495x5(PR)
Leg Press
8 PLates x20x3
Calf Raises
Abs

Felt good today in the gym. Squats are improving big time. Been working on my technique a lot and it has helped.

Mugen910
12-20-2008, 04:22 PM
60min jog today..Threw some chemicals into the body and feelin' good!

Thanks for the regiment BigFrank...It's great to get to the gym and know what to do. :tu

Chris.
12-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Hope it heals Chris...pulled ab muscles suck!

inner thighs a bit sore from last nights leg workout but I like it! :tu

Took the horse pills in the AM and got another 3mile run tonite. :dance:

thanks a lot man! It doesn't hurt at all anymore. I'm not really sure what the problem was. Had a good day in the gym today.

good mornings 3x10x50
bench 4x6x135
leg press(not sure of the weight of the machine before adding plates) 4x6x180
Forgot the name of the excercise, but you bend over and grab a barbell and shrug it while remaining in a bent position(with bent knees as well). 4x10x95
Seated dumb bell press 4x6x45
(I want to call these ticep kickbacks, but that can't be the name)4x6x25
and a little over a mile on a bicycle to warm up and get my heart rate going. Was gonna do squats also, but I finished my workout with the leg press and I was getting really light headed, so I quit for the day.

Mugen910
12-22-2008, 01:48 AM
I googled caffiene and weight loss and looks like it doesn't do much to help.

Cutting out complex carbs work I heard..like soda or white sugars (non natural)

I usually replace my coffee now with natural sugar or just drink it stronger.

The Professor
12-22-2008, 04:46 AM
Squats
415x5 - 455x3 - 495x5(PR)
Leg Press
8 PLates x20x3
Calf Raises
Abs

Felt good today in the gym. Squats are improving big time. Been working on my technique a lot and it has helped.
Damn, Frank ... really living up to your name, aren't ya. :) :tu

Off to the gym in a few myself. It's been over a week since I've lifted and even my cardio has been intermittent from gym closures. :(

BigFrank
12-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Cutting out complex carbs work I heard..like soda or white sugars (non natural)

I usually replace my coffee now with natural sugar or just drink it stronger.I think ya mean simple sugars. If ya going to drink coffee id drink it like a man, black and piss warm. :cb

BigFrank
12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Bench
370x5 - 385x1 - 385x6 ( I miss counted my weights today so, my rep scheme was jacked )
Incline - 315 x 5 x 2 315 x 9
Dips BW - 20,15,15
Kaz DB Presses - 45's x10x3
Mindless Jogging 10 minutes
Damn, Frank ... really living up to your name, aren't ya. :) :tu

Off to the gym in a few myself. It's been over a week since I've lifted and even my cardio has been intermittent from gym closures. :(
Sorry to hear that Prof. I need a gym that is open 24 hrs a day. My gym has the worst hours. It opens Super early 4am? But then again some dumb chick is running the joint. New cardio equipment every god damn week, and only 1 power rack. Which isnt even bolted to the floor.

Mugen910
12-22-2008, 10:50 PM
I think ya mean simple sugars. If ya going to drink coffee id drink it like a man, black and piss warm. :cb

I tried man...but the acidity level is to much for my girly taste buds. Little bit of sugar and cream for me.

Biceps, Triceps and Chest today..super sets :tu

some day I'll start keep track of my weights but for now just working out consistently is key. :D

The Professor
12-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Did upper body (lats, chest, tris, and shoulder rehabs) for the first time in a long time today ... basically first time since I acknowledged my shoulder was hurt. It's still bothering me and I really should go to the doctor. It's so odd because I can do lat pulldowns, no problemo. Wasn't as heavy as I was 2 months ago; but not far off and I was being cautious. I couldn't do incline bench press. Tried with just the bar and it hurt. On flat, though, I was able to lift around things. I got into an arched powerlift position, squeezed my shoulder blades together, and really focused on letting the lats take the weight on the down-motion. I used the real bench rather than the smith so that I could have a more natural movement. It helped. Anyway, I'm on the road to recovery now; but I still need to go see a doc and possibly get an MRI. Something is not right in there.

Mugen910
12-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Did upper body (lats, chest, tris, and shoulder rehabs) for the first time in a long time today ... basically first time since I acknowledged my shoulder was hurt. It's still bothering me and I really should go to the doctor. It's so odd because I can do lat pulldowns, no problemo. Wasn't as heavy as I was 2 months ago; but not far off and I was being cautious. I couldn't do incline bench press. Tried with just the bar and it hurt. On flat, though, I was able to lift around things. I got into an arched powerlift position, squeezed my shoulder blades together, and really focused on letting the lats take the weight on the down-motion. I used the real bench rather than the smith so that I could have a more natural movement. It helped. Anyway, I'm on the road to recovery now; but I still need to go see a doc and possibly get an MRI. Something is not right in there.

Sorry to hear Dokk. I went through the same thing a few months ago in the summer...Could do pull downs but no pushing. I wish I got it checked up but I'm to stubborn to do such a smart thing.

The Professor
12-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Sorry to hear Dokk. I went through the same thing a few months ago in the summer...Could do pull downs but no pushing. I wish I got it checked up but I'm to stubborn to do such a smart thing.
As of yet, so have I. And really, I don't want to get it looked at because that's important for my health blah blah blah. The only reason I'm really thinking about going in is because I can't lift how I want to because of the damn pain. :mad:

Mugen910
12-23-2008, 09:04 AM
As of yet, so have I. And really, I don't want to get it looked at because that's important for my health blah blah blah. The only reason I'm really thinking about going in is because I can't lift how I want to because of the damn pain. :mad:

For me it was never to a point of pure pain with bench presses. I was able to lift a decent amount but once I overstepped my pain threshold I had to step back. I just figured I was trying to do to much to soon.

icehog3
12-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Be careful about changing your natural form to compensate for an injury, Dokk, you often make matters worse. I hope that you can figure out the root of the problem, Brother.

The Professor
12-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Be careful about changing your natural form to compensate for an injury, Dokk, you often make matters worse. I hope that you can figure out the root of the problem, Brother.
True dat, Admiral. This felt "right" though. :tu

BigFrank
12-23-2008, 01:49 PM
You think it might be a rotator cuff issue?

Genetic Defect
12-23-2008, 02:12 PM
You think it might be a rotator cuff issue?

I do, better to get it checked out with a MRI and a specialist.

BigFrank
12-23-2008, 03:57 PM
I do, better to get it checked out with a MRI and a specialist.
Agreed. I think Prof explained it to me before, but listening ( reading ) what he is saying sounds so much like a rotator cuff issue.

Tonights workout-
Deadlifts- 450x5 - 475x5 - 500x5
Good Mornings- 135x10x3
Hang Rows-135x10,6,5
Pull Ups- 12,12,8,6
Grip and neck work

Tired as hell working out tonight. Had zero gas in the tank. Dont know why, but just felt like crap. The whole time I was working out I just wanted to leave. I hit my goal reps for 500 ( 5 hundo lol ) but no extra reps. felt heavy too. Oh well, I'm going to reward myself with pizza bagels.

Mugen910
12-24-2008, 03:21 PM
3 Mile run last night.

Legs: Squats...Reverse hamstring machine...Quad machine

Calves: Calf raises...Calf press?

BigFrank
12-24-2008, 05:11 PM
pick a calf exercise lol.
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/CalfWt.html

Mugen910
12-24-2008, 10:49 PM
pick a calf exercise lol.
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/CalfWt.html

awww shiet!!! You da man BigFrank..

Genetic Defect
12-24-2008, 10:52 PM
awww shiet!!! You da man BigFrank..

The first clueless Marine, never thought Id see that day .... Google is not only good for nePkkOiRdN chicks

cvm4
12-25-2008, 06:11 AM
It was rough coming back this week after taking last week off. It's amazing how sore the muscles get. I'm hurting here... :hn

BigFrank
12-25-2008, 03:56 PM
The first clueless Marine, never thought Id see that day .... Google is not only good for nePkkOiRdN chicks
WHAT? the intraweb is only good for the pPrR0oNnSs!

It was rough coming back this week after taking last week off. It's amazing how sore the muscles get. I'm hurting here... :hnya I hear that. its a love hate relationship with muscle soreness. hahahah

Merry Xmas workout brothers.

Chris.
12-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!

Off topic...I love feeling sore after working out. Lets me know I did something right.

zemekone
12-25-2008, 05:03 PM
with the gym closed...

3 mile run in the drizzle and pullup in the gazabo rocky style...

Chris.
12-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Any of you guys use those pullup bars that are made to hook onto the top of your door frame? Just curious how they work with a person over 200 pounds? I weigh 225 and want to invest in one of these. Some coworkers were talking about it today but they bought it for their son who loves it.(he only weighs 125-130)

Genetic Defect
12-25-2008, 07:20 PM
MRI report on my right shoulder

1. Two small areas of rotator cuff tear in the supraspinatus component of
the rotator cuff, both anteriorly at the rotator cuff interval and
slightly more posteriorly at the insertion on the humeral head.

2. Intrasubstance tear within the infraspinatus component of the rotator
cuff.

3. Small amount of fluid within the subacromial subdeltoid bursa.

4. Mild hypertrophy of the acromioclavicular joint.

Genetic Defect
12-25-2008, 07:32 PM
4. baffles me

Mugen910
12-25-2008, 11:19 PM

cuff.

This is bad right?

BigFrank
12-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Any of you guys use those pullup bars that are made to hook onto the top of your door frame? Just curious how they work with a person over 200 pounds? I weigh 225 and want to invest in one of these. Some coworkers were talking about it today but they bought it for their son who loves it.(he only weighs 125-130)
I wouldnt trust it, unless its bolted in some fashion to a sturdy support.

BigFrank
12-26-2008, 10:53 AM

cuff.

Sorry to hear all that bro. Sucks big time.

4. baffles me
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acromioclavicular_joint
Its inflammation I believe.
Muscular hypertrophy

Main article: Muscle hypertrophy

One of the most common and visible forms of organ hypertrophy occurs in skeletal muscles in response to strength training (known as muscle hypertrophy). Depending on the type of training, the hypertrophy can occur through increased sarcoplasmic volume or increased contractile proteins.

This is bad right?
Depends on how bad the tears are. Sometimes time off does the trick. Sometimes surgery is necessary.

Genetic Defect
12-26-2008, 10:53 AM
This is bad right?

yes, but not sure of the severity

Mugen910
12-26-2008, 10:21 PM
yes, but not sure of the severity

that sucks bro...sorry to hear.

Today was
Back: Pull downs (two different stopping points) + seated row
and
Shoulders: shoulder press + something I cannot remember :confused:

...since I didn't run Xmas day I threw in a 30 min jog too. My shins are starting to bother me and I know my current sneakers are losing its cushion so I think it's time for new ones.

Genetic Defect
12-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Sorry to hear all that bro. Sucks big time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acromioclavicular_joint
Its inflammation I believe.
Muscular hypertrophy

Main article: Muscle hypertrophy

One of the most common and visible forms of organ hypertrophy occurs in skeletal muscles in response to strength training (known as muscle hypertrophy). Depending on the type of training, the hypertrophy can occur through increased sarcoplasmic volume or increased contractile proteins.

Depends on how bad the tears are. Sometimes time off does the trick. Sometimes surgery is necessary.

4. Still baffles me, it got bigger?

BigFrank
12-27-2008, 08:33 AM
4. Still baffles me, it got bigger?
Maybe they mean the swelling in the area is increasing?

...since I didn't run Xmas day I threw in a 30 min jog too. My shins are starting to bother me and I know my current sneakers are losing its cushion so I think it's time for new ones.You could always perform another form of cardio to take a little stress of your legs. Elliptical machine or a bike. If you decide to switch it up, just keep your heart rate the same and time.

Mugen910
12-27-2008, 09:37 AM
You could always perform another form of cardio to take a little stress of your legs. Elliptical machine or a bike. If you decide to switch it up, just keep your heart rate the same and time.

Yeah I could but it's ok..I do need new sneakers for the marathon anyhow. Sometimes the shin splints are from too much too soon.:mad:

Mugen910
12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
75 Min Jog on the treadmill tonite...Lucky the gym has TV's on each cardio machine. I also noticed I'm getting stronger...The other night when I was working on shoulders I kept having to go up lbs to get the "OK this is heavy enough" feeling. :tu

The Professor
12-29-2008, 07:59 AM
back in the gym for upper body today -- lats, chest, and triceps, mostly. a basic push-pull kind of day with lots of different rows, basic bench, and a couple of tricep thingies before my body just gave up and told me to quit. all in all, I was pretty satisfied with the day. my bench is getting better and my shoulder is feeling better.

regarding my shoulder, I think I may have tweaked my rotator cuff a little; but I really think I've got something a little outta whack in my upper back that an aggressive chiropractor could address. if only I still lived in GA -- my old witch doctor there was awesome at this sort of thing.

tomorrow will be lower body with traps thrown in. gym's only open two days this week; but I can get back on a sort of schedule next week ... well ... mid month (I have more traveling for interviews).

Mugen910
12-29-2008, 08:13 AM
My shins, calves, ankles, and knees are sore! Tonight is just weights.

Dokk best of luck on the interviews.

BigFrank
12-29-2008, 03:42 PM
75 Min Jog on the treadmill tonite...Lucky the gym has TV's on each cardio machine. I also noticed I'm getting stronger...The other night when I was working on shoulders I kept having to go up lbs to get the "OK this is heavy enough" feeling. :tu
Good sign! Glad everything is working out for ya. If you feel you are getting a little sore, dont be afraid to step down the running then step it back up. Going 100% all the time is an easy way to end up with some issues.
back in the gym for upper body today -- lats, chest, and triceps, mostly. a basic push-pull kind of day with lots of different rows, basic bench, and a couple of tricep thingies before my body just gave up and told me to quit. all in all, I was pretty satisfied with the day. my bench is getting better and my shoulder is feeling better.

regarding my shoulder, I think I may have tweaked my rotator cuff a little; but I really think I've got something a little outta whack in my upper back that an aggressive chiropractor could address. if only I still lived in GA -- my old witch doctor there was awesome at this sort of thing.

tomorrow will be lower body with traps thrown in. gym's only open two days this week; but I can get back on a sort of schedule next week ... well ... mid month (I have more traveling for interviews).
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better Proff. Ya man, I feel ya on the stupid gym hours. I was thinking about getting my own gym when I purchase my home. Toss it in the basement or out in a garage, but I am definitely debating dropping another 10grand on the home loan to build a nice ass gym.

Anyways tonights workout.
Bench 365x3 - 385x3 -405x4(pr) 5 was possible but no spot as usual.
Incline DB
Kaz Curls
V bar pressdowns
Abs

Totally sandbagged my triceps tonight. After incline work my right shoulder had this weird ass pain in it. Felt very odd. used light weight went high rep nothing over the edge. I dont know if it was from not doing incline DB in a long time or what. Think im going to ice it down a little to be safe.

Genetic Defect
12-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Good sign! Glad everything is working out for ya. If you feel you are getting a little sore, dont be afraid to step down the running then step it back up. Going 100% all the time is an easy way to end up with some issues.

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better Proff. Ya man, I feel ya on the stupid gym hours. I was thinking about getting my own gym when I purchase my home. Toss it in the basement or out in a garage, but I am definitely debating dropping another 10grand on the home loan to build a nice ass gym.

about ten years ago all you needed was 10,000 to franchise Gold's

Mugen910
12-29-2008, 04:03 PM
starting to realize I go to the gym more often than 3x a week so I gotta change the routine a bit. :tu

10k Really Perry?

Genetic Defect
12-29-2008, 04:04 PM
starting to realize I go to the gym more often than 3x a week so I gotta change the routine a bit. :tu

10k Really Perry?
that was ten years ago, had all the info plans etc. Not sure what it is now plus you had to have a minimum size, can't remember the dimensions.

BigFrank
12-29-2008, 05:29 PM
about ten years ago all you needed was 10,000 to franchise Gold's
I'm sure its a lot more, but still damn...But then again, Gold's has changed a ton in ten years. Too commercial now.

10k Really Perry?Ir you're making gains and feeling good stick with what is working. Never change if you are making gains.

Mugen910
12-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Ir you're making gains and feeling good stick with what is working. Never change if you are making gains.
yeah there are gains but i have time for 4 day a week workouts. I would like to thank for the help BigFrank
Posted via Mobile Device

The Professor
12-30-2008, 09:31 AM
I can barely walk. Legs and lower back today. Worked up to 315 on deads and did it for 3 sets of 5. Worked up to 185 x 10 for 2 sets on stiff-legged deads. Finished off with leg press: 6pie x 10, 8p x 10, 10p x 10, 10p x 10, 12p x 3(failure).

My legs are wobbly. The stairs out of the gym sucked a$$.

And now the gym is closed until next monday. :mad:

BigFrank
12-30-2008, 01:37 PM
yeah there are gains but i have time for 4 day a week workouts. I would like to thank for the help BigFrank
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey no problem at all. 4 Days a week is fine. Like I said just listen to how your body feels. If you start feeling run down or tired or having trouble recovering tone it down a little.

I can barely walk. Legs and lower back today. Worked up to 315 on deads and did it for 3 sets of 5. Worked up to 185 x 10 for 2 sets on stiff-legged deads. Finished off with leg press: 6pie x 10, 8p x 10, 10p x 10, 10p x 10, 12p x 3(failure).

My legs are wobbly. The stairs out of the gym sucked a$$.

And now the gym is closed until next monday. :mad:

You know you love the pain Proff hahahaha!

The Professor
12-30-2008, 01:51 PM
You know you love the pain Proff hahahaha!

Of course I do. :tu

BigFrank
12-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Of course I do. :tu
Good was starting to think you went soft on us...:r

Tonights workout.
Deadlifts 475x3 - 500x3 - 525x5
Good Mornings
Pull Ups
Rows
Hammer Curls
Grip and Neck work
Shrugs.

Hit my lifts well tonight, the 5th rep on 525 felt easy as ****. I dont know why I didnt attempt a 6th. Oh well. Blew through the first part of my workout. Last bunch of crap took awhile to get done. Second half of my workout turned into a total bullshit / make fun of people ordeal.

Mugen910
12-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Legs and Calves tonite...I didn't realize it but I was suppose to do Back and Calves. :fl Oh well I'll just do something else tomorrow..hopefully the weather in VA will be nice enough to jog outside or the hotel will have a gym :D

DavenportESQ
12-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Heres a nice reference for some of you that might be curious to max's. Its been very accurate for me.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/1rm.htm

Sanitariumite
12-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Hola boys, it's been a while. I've been so busy trying to figure out what I'm going to do between trying to finish my degree, join the Marines (I'm going to enlist as soon as the tattoo's removed, and I'll finish my degree later to pursue a commission after a few years), and work enough hours to make my car payments, etc. It's all figured out now, and I'm still keeping up in the gym. I was finally able to get to a gym with a bench rack last week, and I hit a 1rm at 215lbs on the bench press. When I started lifting to get in shape roughly 7 months ago, my max was 125, so it's nice to feel a little improvement. I'm down to 233lbs from the 290 that I started at, and so it's nice to feel some progress at the waist-line as well. My bodybuilding.com order of 10lbs of ON Whey, and my Animal Paks are supposed to get here today, and I've also got Optimum's new N.O. Vassive supplement coming, so I'll be able to post back with some results on that one vs. NO Xplode and White Flood. Tomorrow's leg day, and it will be my first day on the N.O. Vassive, so you'll be hearing from me in not too long.

BigFrank
12-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Glad to hear all is well Sanitariumite. Keep up the good work!

Happy New year to all the workout crew.

icehog3
12-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Happy New year to all the workout crew.

Happy New Year to you Frank, and all the workout crew! :D:ze:chr

Mugen910
12-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Happy New Year to you Frank, and all the workout crew! :D:ze:chr
happy new year to my gym rats.
Posted via Mobile Device

:eevis
01-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Just wondering if anybody might be able to suggest a workout for me. I have been going to the gym for about 3 weeks now. I have been lifting 3 days a week, and hitting cardio for about 30 mins 2-3 days a week. Just been kind of wingong it and want to become more structured. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee

icehog3
01-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Just wondering if anybody might be able to suggest a workout for me. I have been going to the gym for about 3 weeks now. I have been lifting 3 days a week, and hitting cardio for about 30 mins 2-3 days a week. Just been kind of wingong it and want to become more structured. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee

I think people here can give you some ideas if you let us know what your goals are, as well as the time you have to commit to working out. :)

Shaerza
01-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I think people here can give you some ideas if you let us know what your goals are, as well as the time you have to commit to working out. :)

Marking the thread here so I can check your responses to him! probably will work as a change up routine for me :tu

01-02-2009, 02:52 PM
My goals are primarily weight loss to start, been working on that with diet, I am down to 230 is from 250-60. Also just want to get in better overall shape. Tired of looking like a lump of something (want more size and definition). I have currently been doing kind of a modified Body for Life Workout ( got the book about 6 years ago and tried a few times unsuccessfully) 12, 10, 8 then six reps Lower weight to high, one more set of 12 at mid-weight, then 12 reps of another exercise that hits the same group. I have about an hour+ that i go to the gym in the morning before I go to work
Currently doing 3 days lifting, 3 days cardio.
Thanks guys

BigFrank
01-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Did some assistance work on New Years Day, nothing special.

Squats tonight
440x3 460x3 485x4 ( 5th rep had a nasty bomb out. nose bleed and everything )
hack squats
leg ext
calf
abs

Hit my goal weight +1 rep, so I shouldnt be too upset. But I felt like I had 6-7 reps in me tonight. The bomb out was nasty. I went down for 5 went too low, ass shot out behind me, had to roll forward. When I was falling forward, my nose busted open like a fountain. I guess my blood pressure shot sky high or something? Was kinda cool looking. blood all over my face, the ground, and forearm somehow. Luckily nothing hurt after the bombout. Lower back felt fine. Knees fine.

Sanitariumite
01-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Ok so my stuff came a couple of days late due to the bad weather, but bodybuilding.com threw in a few extra samples I'm really excited about. I have a double sample of NO-Xplode (Grape... I hate grape...), a sample of the new White Flood Tabs, and then my tub of Optimum's new N.O. Vassive so I'll do the NO-Xplode tonight (Double Serving. One serving does nothing for me), the WF tomorrow, and then on Sunday I'll start on the N.O. Vassive, and I should be able to make a pretty good comparison from that. They also threw in a sample of CL's REDuction, and Nutrex's Lipo6X. I just took the Lipo6X, so I'll be able to compare the energy I get from the two of those as well. Plus it makes me happy to see a giant tub of Animal Paks, and 10lbs of Gold Standard in the top of my pantry. I think it's going to be a good day...

Commander Quan
01-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Does anyone workout with Kettlebells? I've finally found a place locally that sells them reasonably priced. Are they all that they are made out to be?

King James
01-02-2009, 04:22 PM
First full day back lifting today and it felt great. After two weeks off I did better then I thought

DavenportESQ
01-02-2009, 04:27 PM
First full day back lifting today and it felt great. After two weeks off I did better then I thought

I will start back on monday after a nice time of recharging my batteries

King James
01-02-2009, 04:28 PM

Hope it goes well. I generally don't lift on the weekends so should be ready for a full weeks workout come monday

01-03-2009, 03:41 PM
I had been having trouble getting myself motivated in the past. Somebody suggested that I watch this video. It definetly got my mind in the right place. I figured that i would put it out there is any other inmates decided that they would try to get in better shape, and came to this forum.
By the way, thanks for this forum Zemekone and Icehog3. Very informative
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA

Sanitariumite
01-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I took the Lipo6x yesterday, and felt nothing. Not even a the slight pick-me-up I get from 2 shots of espresso. This may be due to the fact that I haven't cut caffeine from my diet, but I want to test this under a realistic environment. I have 2-300mg of caffeine before I go to the gym, and I have espresso or a sugar-free energy drink 3-4 times a week so this probably has a strong effect on how potent the Lipo6x is to me. On the other hand, I took the REDuction this morning, and after about 15-20 minutes I started to feel a warmth spread through me. I definitely feel awake/alert, more than I would without. I don't feel hyper at all, or ready to run through walls or anything, but I've definitely got an elevated sense of alertness.

I didn't take the NO-Xplode last night, I got out of work too late, and didn't want to be up until 3:00 twitching in my bed. I'll take it tonight at about 9:45, and I'll be in the gym by 10:30. Tonight's chest/biceps, tomorrow will be triceps/shoulders on the WF tabs, and Monday will be Back/abs with my first serving of N.O. Vassive. I'll keep you guys posted as I try each of the three.

BigFrank
01-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Does anyone workout with Kettlebells? I've finally found a place locally that sells them reasonably priced. Are they all that they are made out to be?
I have in the past, the only exercise I did with them was kettle bell swings.
Some guys tie them to the end of a barbell and do flat bench, Its called crazy bells. Did those ones. didn't work. Supposed to help stabilization. Personally I would avoid buying them yourself.

Glad to hear bro. You coming back full force? or toning it down until you feel you are 100%?

Sounds good. I'm bout due for a recharge period. Getting those aches and pains.

I didn't take the NO-Xplode last night, I got out of work too late, and didn't want to be up until 3:00 twitching in my bed. I'll take it tonight at about 9:45, and I'll be in the gym by 10:30. Tonight's chest/biceps, tomorrow will be triceps/shoulders on the WF tabs, and Monday will be Back/abs with my first serving of N.O. Vassive. I'll keep you guys posted as I try each of the three.
careful taking to many stimulants. Animal pak makes a NO/ Pre workout called Pump. I used to use that when I worked out late before bed. Theres a red pill u can remove, so u get all the NO crap and creatine but no stimulants. might be having on hand incase you workout late, you can still get your pre workout supps in and avoid the insomnia.

My goals are primarily weight loss to start, been working on that with diet, I am down to 230 is from 250-60. Also just want to get in better overall shape. Tired of looking like a lump of something (want more size and definition). I have currently been doing kind of a modified Body for Life Workout ( got the book about 6 years ago and tried a few times unsuccessfully) 12, 10, 8 then six reps Lower weight to high, one more set of 12 at mid-weight, then 12 reps of another exercise that hits the same group. I have about an hour+ that i go to the gym in the morning before I go to work
Currently doing 3 days lifting, 3 days cardio.
Thanks guys
I would combine cardio and lifting days, and look into a 4 day split. For weight loss get a good diet together, keep your reps high and rest between sets low. For cardio steady state cardio and HIIT are going to be your best bet.

Genetic Defect
01-03-2009, 06:38 PM
White Blood is the non-stim version of white blood:)

Sanitariumite
01-03-2009, 11:55 PM
careful taking to many stimulants. Animal pak makes a NO/ Pre workout called Pump. I used to use that when I worked out late before bed. Theres a red pill u can remove, so u get all the NO crap and creatine but no stimulants. might be having on hand incase you workout late, you can still get your pre workout supps in and avoid the insomnia.

I'm cutting out the Energy drinks/coffee now that I'm going to be back on a N.O. Supp. I might re-up on some REDuction after today, but that would be the extent of my daily stimulant intake. I took the double NO-Xplode about 45 ago, and honestly, I don't feel much at all. I'll have to let my time in the gym do the real talking, but I don't feel any intense focus or energy boost like I used to with the WF. I'm heading out in a few. I'll report back after my session.

Genetic Defect
01-03-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm cutting out the Energy drinks/coffee now that I'm going to be back on a N.O. Supp. I might re-up on some REDuction after today, but that would be the extent of my daily stimulant intake. I took the double NO-Xplode about 45 ago, and honestly, I don't feel much at all. I'll have to let my time in the gym do the real talking, but I don't feel any intense focus or energy boost like I used to with the WF. I'm heading out in a few. I'll report back after my session.:)

if you are cutting out caffeine entirely it is recommended that you take 1g of Taurine (am I right Gerry)

Sanitariumite
01-04-2009, 12:02 AM
:)

if you are cutting out caffeine entirely it is recommended that you take 1g of Taurine (am I right Gerry)

Why is that? I'll only be cutting out non-supplement caffeine. There's 130 something mg in a serving of the N.O. Vassive, and I'm pretty sure there's some in REDuction which I'll likely start taking again, so I'd still have a daily caffeine intake of probably 150-200mg.

Genetic Defect
01-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Why is that? I'll only be cutting out non-supplement caffeine. There's 130 something mg in a serving of the N.O. Vassive, and I'm pretty sure there's some in REDuction which I'll likely start taking again, so I'd still have a daily caffeine intake of probably 150-200mg.

IIRC it helps cleanse the receptors, Gerry has the actual knowledge of this I'm just trying to remember it correctly

Sanitariumite
01-04-2009, 12:11 AM
IIRC it helps cleanse the receptors, Gerry has the actual knowledge of this I'm just trying to remember it correctly

So by supplementing taurine, I could up the effectiveness of caffeine? Interesting...

Genetic Defect
01-04-2009, 12:15 AM
So by supplementing taurine, I could up the effectiveness of caffeine? Interesting...

I'm not sure how it works, he will be able to clarify better

icehog3
01-04-2009, 12:16 AM

That's pretty much how I believe Gerry explained it, Perry. :tu

Genetic Defect
01-04-2009, 12:19 AM
thank you Tom, I wasnt sure if I was remembering it right, I actually started back on coffee this weekend amazing how a few cups kept me wired for many hours.

The Professor
01-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I get 3 days this week, which is exciting. Haven't had a week where (a) I was home 3 days and (b) the gym was open 3 days for a while. So today was chest and tri, tomorrow will be back and bi, and Wednesday will be legs. I'm off for an interview after that, so only cardio and probably curlz for the gurlz on Thursday and Friday. Then another interview that I leave for on Sunday. Then I'm back for good, as far as I can tell, starting on Tuesday afternoon. It'll be nice to get back into a routine for my training and my eating.

Today I did a more traditional chest/tri day. Warmed up with some barbell rows (135 x 2 x 8) and lat pulldowns (185 x 2 x 10), tricep pressdowns (100 x 1 x 10), and cable rope crunches (200 x 1 x 20). I'm finding that getting a good lat warmup is really helping with my bench by reminding me which muscles should be taking the weight on the down motion. My bench itself wasn't all that impressive -- 95 x 1 x 10, 115 x 1 x 10, 135 x 3 x 5, 115 x 3 x 10 -- because my shoulder is still bothering me ... and I'm a weak-ass. :) Followed it up with assisted dips (2 x 10) and tricep pressdowns (working up to 150 to failure ... somewhere around 8, I think) for a couple of sets.

Happy lifting to everyone!

01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Well this is my first time posting my actual workout so be kind :ss
Got to the gym at 5:15 this morning and di a 5 min warmup on the eliptical.

Hit the Bench for 5 sets (12 , 10, 8, 6, and 12 reps) followed up immedietly by a set of Flyes (12 reps)
* All exercises listed follow the same sets and reps*

Widegrip Lat. Pulldowns followed by a set of Back Extensions

Seated Cable rows followed by a set of Seated overhead presses

Cable Curls followed by a set of Preacher curls

Cable Pulldowns for the triceps, followed by tricep extensions

Did good food wise today, no crappy snacks or soda, or two days for that matter ( damn caffine withdrawls, don't drink coffee, so got a bit of a headache)

Looking forward to my cardio day tomorrow, and looking in to some of the routines that Big Frank sent me (thanks again)

BigFrank
01-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Im digging the taurine idea. Worth a shot.

Tonights workout :ze
Bench-350x5 - 385x3 - 420x3(pr)
Incline Dbs 100x5 - 100x5 - 150x8
Dips-50 reps total
Rope Ext-25 reps total
10 min on lazy bike

420 (LOL) was supposed to be a single. Snagged 3 reps. First two went up real smooth. Been working on my form and keeping my body tight. Small bench doesnt help much. Last rep was a fighter, finished got off the bench and my eyes were bloodshot like a mutha. Slow at the bottom again on last rep. Think im going to do a little chain/band work on my assistance day. Felt strong tonight despite a real lack of sleep.

The Professor
01-05-2009, 04:46 PM
420 (LOL) was supposed to be a single. Snagged 3 reps. First two went up real smooth. Been working on my form and keeping my body tight. Small bench doesnt help much. Last rep was a fighter, finished got off the bench and my eyes were bloodshot like a mutha. Slow at the bottom again on last rep. Think im going to do a little chain/band work on my assistance day. Felt strong tonight despite a real lack of sleep.
Dude ... just like Scott Mendelson. :tu :ze

I wanna be Frank strong someday. :D

Sanitariumite
01-05-2009, 04:47 PM
So I didn't get the chance to work out on the NO-Xplode because the people who run my gym don't keep up on maintenance, and so the motion sensors to turn on the lights in the weight area wouldn't activate. I worked out chest/biceps yesterday on the WF tabs, and holy damn, I felt like I could run through walls. I forgot how much I love WF! Tomorrow's Shoulders/Triceps on N.O. Vassive, so I'll let you guys know how that works out.

BigFrank
01-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Dude ... just like Scott Mendelson. :tu :ze

I wanna be Frank strong someday. :D
I tell you what, My strength sky rocketing compared to 6 months ago. I changed my diet around, and wrote down a good routine. Been sticking to it. Before, I wanted to bodybuild and get strong. Hard to do both. Now that I concentrate 100% on getting strong. Its helping a ton. Using a different routine now, that is a little less intense. Designed for a slower progression.

So I didn't get the chance to work out on the NO-Xplode because the people who run my gym don't keep up on maintenance, and so the motion sensors to turn on the lights in the weight area wouldn't activate. I worked out chest/biceps yesterday on the WF tabs, and holy damn, I felt like I could run through walls. I forgot how much I love WF! Tomorrow's Shoulders/Triceps on N.O. Vassive, so I'll let you guys know how that works out.
Sounds good bro. Think I might have to give in to the WF craze.

Sanitariumite
01-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Sounds good bro. Think I might have to give in to the WF craze.

Between WF and NO-Xplode, WF is definitely the superior. I love the beta-alanine tingles, it gets me pumped up and ready to lift, and the pump is really good. I was filling out the sleeves on my t-shirt like I never have before. Hopefully this N.O. Vassive stuff is as good as I've heard. But then again, I've also heard it takes a week or two of constant use to really see the benefits. I'll definitely keep you guys posted as that time progresses though.

zemekone
01-05-2009, 08:26 PM
peek...

everyone keep training hard?