PDA

View Full Version : Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

icehog3
11-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to my Brothers of the Iron.

BigFrank
11-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Looking good there Dan. It's slow at first, but stick with it. A lot of people never make it past the first 4-6 months of training.

I'm totally stuffed with food, pie, beer, and soda. Gym tomorrow.

itzfrank
11-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Ok. So this is my first thanksgiving while being on a diet and I'm not really sure of how to handle it. I've read that most people use today as a carefree day but I'm more concerned with enjoying myself today and then being ok tomorrow. haha.

My normal meal consists of 9oz chicken breast/turkey/tilapia/salmon.

I replaced it with Turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes(small amount), gravy, cranberry jelly sauce, and a slice of pie.

I did this two days in a row. How much damage could I have done? I was at 10.3%BF after monday's weigh in.

icehog3
11-26-2010, 01:13 AM
You have likely made your metabolsim much more efficient with your diet and exercise, Frank, so a couple days of cheating won't hurt at all....actually, sometimes I think it actually helps. I usually have at least one cheat day a week.

DBall
11-26-2010, 06:43 AM
I thought I was gonna be in pain all over today... only my lower back hurts. Oh well... time for coffee and a cigar.

BigFrank
11-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Ok. So this is my first thanksgiving while being on a diet and I'm not really sure of how to handle it. I've read that most people use today as a carefree day but I'm more concerned with enjoying myself today and then being ok tomorrow. haha.
My normal meal consists of 9oz chicken breast/turkey/tilapia/salmon.
I replaced it with Turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes(small amount), gravy, cranberry jelly sauce, and a slice of pie.
I did this two days in a row. How much damage could I have done? I was at 10.3%BF after monday's weigh in.
You have likely made your metabolsim much more efficient with your diet and exercise, Frank, so a couple days of cheating won't hurt at all....actually, sometimes I think it actually helps. I usually have at least one cheat day a week.
I agree with Tom here. I usually have a "cheat day" once a week and try and get 2 - 3 times the calories I normally get on a normal day. There are many schools of thought on this. I believe that by allowing yourself to enjoy foods that are not clean / diet worthy it keeps you honest the rest of the week when trying to avoid such foods. Also, a big jump in calories proceeded by a day of moderate to low calories causes a spike in your metabolism. I would avoid cheating multiple days in a row or having cheat meals throughout the week. Pick a day a week, eat whatever you want, take the GF / Wife / w/e, out to eat at some restaurant. Stuff your face, drink a few beers. Then the day after back on track with everything. Unless you are doing a bodybuilding show and you're trying to get into the single digits bodyfat wise you'll be fine.
I thought I was gonna be in pain all over today... only my lower back hurts. Oh well... time for coffee and a cigar.
Invest in a foam roller and get some soft tissue work in.
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=143&m=PD&pid=1468

Also, I use to have a lot of lower back issues because I squat and deadlift on the same day. After your workout hit up the foam roller and do some stretching for your lower back, hips, and hamstrings. That is if you would like to walking like a normal person a day or two after.

itzfrank
11-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I've read that it will help with metabolism but like I said, I haven't had much experience with this. I don't have a show or anything but my nutrition coach is moving me to 8%BF before we lean bulk. I feel so bloated it's disgusting. I'm very good with self control and I almost never cheat since I season my foods well and with variety.

Just wasn't sure of how to approach the Holidays and I'd really hate to move backwards 1% or something stupid.

I had a 1am Freakout session. lol.

DBall
11-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Got gloves and a belt today! :noon

BigFrank
11-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Got gloves and a belt today! :noon

Screw gloves, get some chalk! :banger

Ken
11-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Bench last night. Worked with some chains, keep the weight light at the bottom due to some shoulder issues

How do you like using chains? And are following the 5-3-1 protocol?

BigFrank
11-27-2010, 08:17 AM
How do you like using chains? And are following the 5-3-1 protocol?

To be honest I usually do not use chains often. During that gym session I wanted to do some 3 or 4 board work but only one other guy showed up to train, being the holidays and such most of the guys in our crew are either taking time off or coming in at odd hours. Most of the time I use bands because they are rather easy to set up.

I used the 5 3 1 program for about 9 weeks or so ( havent taken it down from my title yet...lol ) I found it was a decent program but I find it would be better suited for beginner lifters, older lifters or lifters looking to drop some weight or get into better conditioning. Overall it's a great training template because of how simple things are, which is the whole point of it. Plus at this point I am not training 100% raw, I have been working with a new pair of briefs and a new bench shirt.

DBall
11-28-2010, 06:59 PM
quick question on frequency... Do people go daily and if so, how do you break up the excercises? I presently go 3x weekly and kinda want to start going more...

PeteSB75
11-29-2010, 06:49 AM
quick question on frequency... Do people go daily and if so, how do you break up the excercises? I presently go 3x weekly and kinda want to start going more...

Are you doing full body, or body part splits? I generally lift 3x/week and do legs, chest/arms and back/shoulders as my split. Lots of different ways to play it. When I was lifting 4x/week regularly, I would do legs, chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders/abs.

Back/shoulders yesterday. Damn holidays messing with my groove...

Patrick B
11-30-2010, 03:06 AM
Still enjoying the heavier lifting, less cardio, and not-so-strict diet. Over the last 3 weeks my weight went up 3 pounds but that's with a 4 pound muscle gain according to the BMI thingy. Going to stick with this plan for 2.5 more weeks, then a 2 week break in Florida for the holidays. I'm telling myself the vaction will have some jogging, pushups, and situps, but that's probably wishful thinking. There's a lot of fish to catch and cigars to smoke.

As a side note, I'm loving JM presses on the Smith machine for triceps. New levels of deep muscle pump and some great soreness afterwards.

AD720
11-30-2010, 06:02 AM
I finally made it back to the Gym after being out for 3 weeks with a back problem, 2 weeks of family stuff and then the Thanksgiving Holiday.

I was dragging my feet all the way there but once I got going I was glad to be back. :banger

PeteSB75
11-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Pushing the bench this morning. 200x1, 215x1, 235x0, 235x1, then 200x5. Missed my first attempt on the 235, set up too far down the bench and couldn't bring it over to do the lift. Hit the second try, but was a bit too gassed to get through the rep-out at the end. Tried for a 6th, but had to have my spotter finish it. Tomorrow morning is my squat and dead new 1RM attempt. Looking forward to it :ze

mosesbotbol
11-30-2010, 07:43 AM

I break it with lifting/cardio and stretching/cardio days. That way you are not neglecting either equally important function in the gym.

Just as you could do a standard weightlifting day, then a Yoga day, and flip flop.

If you don't do cardio on your weight lifting days, try weights day, heavy cardio day (like Spinning), and then a Yoga day. You'll be able to do one or two of each, each week. You'll be in top shape if you maintain that schedule through the winter no doubt!

BigFrank
11-30-2010, 12:35 PM
As a side note, I'm loving JM presses on the Smith machine for triceps. New levels of deep muscle pump and some great soreness afterwards.

Try 'em with dumbbells :tu

DBall
11-30-2010, 01:27 PM
I have come to the conclusion that dead lifts are impossible. Not to do the weight, mind you, but to keep my back straight. Even with low weight, my back just naturally bends forward. Ugh... drives me nuts.

Squats and good mornings, though, I can keep my back fine for.

BigFrank
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Do you mean that your lower back is rounded?

DBall
11-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Do you mean that your lower back is rounded?

that and upper... like... my shoulders go down instead of my chest being pushed out and my back straight. I'm like the letter c.

BigFrank
11-30-2010, 03:22 PM
IMMO there is always going to be some back rounding / shoulders falling forward on the deadlift. The less the better, but for most heavy pulls there is going to be some.

DBall
11-30-2010, 04:03 PM
but then is seems like I'm lifting with my arms and back... not my legs. IDK... those are just super confusing to me.

BigFrank
11-30-2010, 04:29 PM
but then is seems like I'm lifting with my arms and back... not my legs. IDK... those are just super confusing to me.

Deadlift is primarily a hamstring, glute exercise. The back is used also during the lift, but the majority of the workload should be done by glutes and hams. The problem most likely is you are not getting, for lack of a better term, your ass low enough when the lift is started. After gripping the bar your hamstrings and glutes should be the primary moving force pulling the bar off of the ground. as is often the case, most lifters will slightly bend the knees and do the majority of the work for the deadlift with their lower back and lats.

Terrible form http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2BnM8TKzHs

Good form http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st8FEFHlInk&feature=related

Heres a video on Deadlift form
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-O_MT72rck&feature=related

mosesbotbol
11-30-2010, 06:11 PM
I have come to the conclusion that dead lifts are impossible. Not to do the weight, mind you, but to keep my back straight. Even with low weight, my back just naturally bends forward. Ugh... drives me nuts.

Squats and good mornings, though, I can keep my back fine for.

Dead lifts keep chiropractors and surgeons in business.

PeteSB75
11-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Dead lifts keep chiropractors and surgeons in business.

Poorly done deadlifts, perhaps. Properly done deadlifts massively reduces the nead for them, as strengthening the muscles around the spine reduces the skeletal strain of everything else.

mosesbotbol
11-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Poorly done deadlifts, perhaps. Properly done deadlifts massively reduces the nead for them, as strengthening the muscles around the spine reduces the skeletal strain of everything else.

Hyperextensions are better suited for strengthening around the spine. I don’t think many fitness professionals would recommend dead lifts for their clients to mitigate future back issues, even if properly done.

The odds are against you if as you age if dead lifts are a regular exercise and even riskier if starting out with dead lifts being older. The same for kettle balls… Relaying what friends in the sports injury business tell me. I am just a messenger. Unless you're doing either with a trainer, it's not worth the risk vs. reward. There are plenty of core building or leg strengthening exercises out there. Mat Pilates or Yoga will build as strong a core.

Someone who lifts weights for the "art" of weightlifting is different, but that is a dying breed and wouldn’t pose this question. Plenty of exercises from clean-jerk into a standing military then into squat even with very light weight that is less risky, easier to learn, and has the same gym cache as dead lifts.

The odds are against you if as you age if dead lifts are regular exercise and even riskier if starting out with dead lifts being older. The same for kettle balls… Relaying what friends in the sports injury business tell me. I am just a messenger. Unless you're doing either with a trainer, it's not worth the risk vs. reward. There are plenty of core building or leg strengthening exercises out there. Mat Pilates or Yoga will build as strong a core.

Someone who lifts weights for the "art" of weightlifting is different, but that is a dying breed and wouldn’t pose this question. Plenty of exercises from clean-jerk into a standing military then into squat even with very light weight that is less risky, easier to learn, and has the same gym cache as dead lifts.

icehog3
12-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Is there an echo in here? ;) :r

PeteSB75
12-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Finished off my 4 week cycle in squat and dead.

Squat: previous 1RM 365
320x1, 345x1, 375x1, 380x1 - Was a bit unsure after the 375 how much I could add, so went conservatively. After the 380, thought I could have done 385.

Dead: previous 1RM 355
300x1, 335x1, 370x1, 375x1 - by the time I was getting to the last set of deads, I was completely spent, so I didn't push that one too much either. Barely got the 375 up, but did, without hitching.

Shoulders/back tomorrow, then finishing a similar 4 week cycle in bench on Tuesday, then an off week. After that, think I am going to switch things up and squat and dead on separate days, maybe move my dead into a back day, split shoulders out to their own day, with abs, and add some different leg exercises to my squats.

zemekone
12-01-2010, 10:35 AM
I AM PROCLAIMING THIS MONTH:
DEADLIFT DECEMEBER

today i hit 10 sets of 10 225lbs using only 25 plates...

sorry i havent been around, life kicked in

icehog3
12-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Gerry! :D

zemekone
12-01-2010, 10:46 AM

mr tom :D

Mugen910
12-01-2010, 10:49 AM
DEADLIFT DECEMEBER

Gerry! Hope life didn't kick in too bad.

icehog3
12-01-2010, 11:04 AM
mr tom :D

Great to see you, and Rock the Deadlifts! :banger

GreekGodX
12-01-2010, 11:23 AM
DEADLIFT DECEMEBER

Glad to see you've made a reappearance too :)

What's odd is that I've been doing deadlifts lately with 25 pound weights so I can get that extra few inches of stretch at the bottom. I'm all for deadlift month.

zemekone
12-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Glad to see you've made a reappearance too :)

What's odd is that I've been doing deadlifts lately with 25 pound weights so I can get that extra few inches of stretch at the bottom. I'm all for deadlift month.

thanks man!

BigFrank
12-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Is there an echo in here? ;) :r
To be quite honest Tom, I've been down that road so many times in the course of my life I care to not even look down it...:sh

I do em standing on mats or plates will work also, rather then use 102001 - 25lb plates...can use a box, boards w / e you got laying around.

Off to the gym later for some Benching. I feel good which means I will probably have a **** workout...

Glad to see ya back around to Gerry.

GreekGodX
12-02-2010, 03:43 AM
To be quite honest Tom, I've been down that road so many times in the course of my life I care to not even look down it...:sh

I do em standing on mats or plates will work also, rather then use 102001 - 25lb plates...can use a box, boards w / e you got laying around.

Off to the gym later for some Benching. I feel good which means I will probably have a **** workout...

Glad to see ya back around to Gerry.

Yea I use the deadlift platform with the 25 lb plates for an extra stretch. When I do that I'm doing them for reps so I don't need 9993889- 25 lb plates like you would :)

PeteSB75
12-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Shoulders and back this morning. Not much energy, yesterday wore me out.

zemekone
12-02-2010, 12:59 PM
plyoday:

100 yards of frog hops
100 yards of duck walks
5 sets of 20 box jumps
30 min of stairs

later tonight
45 min of mma conditioning
1.5 hours of gi jiu jitsu

BigFrank
12-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Yea I use the deadlift platform with the 25 lb plates for an extra stretch. When I do that I'm doing them for reps so I don't need 9993889- 25 lb plates like you would :)

Reps go higher than 5??? Damn....

GreekGodX
12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Reps go higher than 5??? Damn....

I would have never thought that either by looking at my workout log either :r

Hit deadlifts today :D 6sets of 3 reps with varying weights. Also squatted 10 sets of 3 reps with varying weights. That was it because I was pretty dead after all that. Weighed myself (I feel like it has been a while) and I'm down to 224.

BigFrank
12-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Back, Shoulders, and Biceps earlier for me nothing special. Did some overhead pressing with a 2" axle was pretty brutal.

Patrick B
12-04-2010, 11:47 AM
My gym did a cool 2 hour nutrition class this morning. I knew most of the basic stuff going in but did learn a lot about anaerobic fat burning, i.e. sprints on the treadmill with periods of walking. My daughters learned a lot (they workout with me) about diet, and they hear things a little better when it doesn't come out of my mouth. Hit a hard chest and tri workout afterwards, thanks to a big cup of coffee and a scoop and a half of Jack3d. :) Nice Bison steak afterward...

zemekone
12-04-2010, 02:49 PM
5 sets of 5 deadlifts 315lbs
6 sets of 3 stiff legs 205lbs
Legcurls an extensions...

BigFrank
12-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Looking good there Gerry.
Lazy weekend for me. Thinking of adding another day of cardio in the routine.

PeteSB75
12-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Looking good there Gerry.

Do it. Try spin, it's fun. That's what I did this morning.

icehog3
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM

Do it. Try spin, it's fun. That's what I did this morning.

Either that, or my hockey team could use a second enforcer, Frank. :) :bx

BigFrank
12-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Sadly Tom, I could only enforce in the Parking Lot. Not only can I not ice skate, but I cannot honestly think of a Hockey Rink anywhere near here, unless I drive an hour south to the Verizon Center and watch a Capitals Game.

Hockey isn't very big at all around here.

icehog3
12-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Sadly Tom, I could only enforce in the Parking Lot. Not only can I not ice skate, but I cannot honestly think of a Hockey Rink anywhere near here, unless I drive an hour south to the Verizon Center and watch a Capitals Game.

Hockey isn't very big at all around here.

Too bad Frank, we could have been the twin towers! :D :bx

PeteSB75
12-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Chest this morning. Last week of the 4 week program. Didn't sleep great last night and felt a little off this morning. Lifts: 210x1, 230x1, 245x1,0. the one rep at 245 I did get, I felt was at my limit, so I didn't want to add any more. I tried a second, but got stuck and had to be pulled out by my spotter. At least I hit a new PR :tu

icehog3
12-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Excellent, Pete! :tu :ze

zemekone
12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
missed yesterday posting:
5 sets of 5 225lbs flat bench
3 sets of 12 75lbs incline dumbell
25 pullups
50 chin ups

today was plyo day:
100 yards of frog hops
100 yards of duck walks
3 sets of 20 box jumps
5 sets of half court sprints (i hate sprints) :td

itzfrank
12-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Anyone use an H.I.T. approach for weight training? Just dropped my personal trainer(only using him for nutrition now) and looking for some direction to continue on my own.

DBall
12-08-2010, 09:46 AM
I just learned squats a couple weeks ago, so this was my third time doing them ever. last two times I did 3 sets of 8 at 135. Today I wanted to work my way up (doing 5 or 3 each) and see where I crapped out. Got to 205 and did it twice... third time I had to escape.

I'm pretty stoked on that... I do think I could do sets w/ 165-185 and that's probably what I'll try next week.

zemekone
12-08-2010, 10:09 AM
DEADLIFT DECEMBER!

Deadlift: 5 sets of 5 315lbs
Stiffleg deadlifts: 3 sets 10 of 185lbs
Pull througs: 5 sets of 10 of 100lbs
Goodmornings: 1 set of 10 135

kenstogie
12-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Been hitting the gym 5 days a week for about 2 weeks AND doing the diet thing (6 meals, 3250 cals) of mostly complex carbs, protien and some simple carbs cuz I am a hard gainer. It really gives me a nice "charge" :D Just thought I'd share.

BTW some one mentioned Natures Research Infinity mass builder (I am going for mass)
Thoughts on this???

BigFrank
12-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Rocked some Back, Shoulders, and Biceps today. Busted out a new PR on the Overhead Log Press. Brutal.
Been hitting the gym 5 days a week for about 2 weeks AND doing the diet thing (6 meals, 3250 cals) of mostly complex carbs, protien and some simple carbs cuz I am a hard gainer. It really gives me a nice "charge" :D Just thought I'd share.

BTW some one mentioned Natures Research Infinity mass builder (I am going for mass)
Thoughts on this???

To be honest Ken, I would just stick to what you are doing now. Later down the road, when you have exhausted all " natural " avenues, then look for something like this or the real thing.

PeteSB75
12-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Back at it today, deloading on back and a little biceps with deads,
DEADLIFT DECEMBER!
lat pulldowns, some HS low row and finished off with some 21s.

icehog3
12-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Back at it today, deloading on back and a little biceps with deads,
DEADLIFT DECEMBER!
lat pulldowns, some HS low row and finished off with some 21s.

I triedn to deadlift Decemeber, Pete, but I could only lock out February. :)

GreekGodX
12-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Deadlift time :wo

kenstogie
12-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Chest and Lats and some ab stuff today. Oh and whole lot of eating too. :)

PeteSB75
12-14-2010, 07:00 AM
I triedn to deadlift Decemeber, Pete, but I could only lock out February. :)

clever :noon :r

Deloading chest today, so a bit of bench, then triceps.

bonjing
12-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Nice lite chest work out last night

3 x 12's across the board

incline
flat
cable decline
cable incline
pec-deck

for the last few sets I tried throwing in some push-ups between sets, damn that throws a curveball in the routine.

Out of curiosity, what is the weakest part of the chest or does that depend on the person?

GreekGodX
12-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Deadlifts and legs again today. Just grueling workout. Time for some food!!!

DBall
12-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Legs today... upped my weight for squats and leg stuff in general.

Patrick B
12-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Great chest and tri workout tonight. Getting awful sore right where my left front delt attaches at the top. No pain during the workout but now it feels strained. Any guesses?

PeteSB75
12-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Great chest and tri workout tonight. Getting awful sore right where my left front delt attaches at the top. No pain during the workout but now it feels strained. Any guesses?

You should stretch more?

Legs for me today, squats, front squats, and some calves.

Patrick B
12-16-2010, 07:27 AM
I stretch quite a bit, but could always do more. Taking a dose of scotch before bed, that always helps.:)

mosesbotbol
12-16-2010, 07:41 AM

Ice after the workout will help with any inflamation. Be careful with that area and make sure you not lifting beyond the natural movement range.

Patrick B
12-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Now that I think about it, I threw in a few sets of pretty deep cable crossovers that I usually don't do. Those will not be repeated. Great leg workout today. Threw an extra 10lb on the squat and kept the same reps and sets as last week. Maybe one last trip to the gym tomorrow for shoulders and core work before a nice two week break in sunny Florida. :)

GreekGodX
12-17-2010, 04:27 AM
Shoulder and chest workout yesterday. Really got into some pushups with bands for some added resistance. Also did some work with blast straps that I bought (similiar to trx band but much cheaper).

Back and Biceps today. Going to do some sled work on my makeshift sled at the gym. Just need to come up with something that will give enough friction so the weights don't slide off :hm

kenstogie
12-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Been trying to use the free weights alot more with the addition of the machines to isolate certain muscles (cybex at my gym) and they really do seem to give me much more of a "pump".

I also notice though that my core is also getting a workout as it needs to support the weight.

Also after about 2-3 weeks the girlfriend has started to notice :D the change and I feel so much better about everything which she noticed too. :D

Of course the diet has changed ALOT too. 6 meals/day 35g ptn, 300 cal plus a little creatine. I did before and I am doing it again.

+2 for exercise

PeteSB75
12-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Shoulders and a little bit of abs this morning. DB Press, Hang Cleans, and some crunches. Spin tomorrow. :tu

BigFrank
12-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Sorry for my absence fellas. Been a little banged up and fighting off some small cold this week.

icehog3
12-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Feel better, Frank.

BigFrank
12-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks there Tom. It hasnt been anything major, but I felt something brewing so I started my anti-cold/flu regiment and I think it kept it from getting full swing.

bonjing
12-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Hope you feel better Frank.

Finished up the week doing some back and shoulder work and threw in some ab machine.

Since I was alone in the gym felt like goofing off and tried the thigh press thingy. Read how to use it tried 3 sets of 20, what the hell right :sh, I see the women doing it. 3 days later my groin still hurts :td

:r

PeteSB75
12-20-2010, 06:37 AM
Spin on Saturday. Deads, lat pulldowns, bit of rowing and some curls this morning.

GreekGodX
12-21-2010, 12:15 PM
I was thinking about this today with regards to Propecia. While the main focus of it is hair loss prevention, the Olympics and other committees ban athletes from using it because it allows for more testosterone to be in the bloodstream(jose theodore was not allowed to participate in an Olympics due to taking it). Would taking Propecia along with some kind of pro-hormone supplement essentially create even more testosterone? It wouldn't even come close to taking the real deal but perhaps provide a boost in performance enough so to get some small gains? Some food for thought I guess.

BigFrank
12-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Christos unless you get it via a prescription you would have to travel down the same road as far as obtaining it as you would the real deal. At that point, I would rather see someone just use the real stuff, that way it's more controlled. Propecia also comes with it's own side effects. And with any testosterone booster, whether it be real test or pro-hormones that side effects and the way your body processes it is going to be the same regardless of how you go about it. Increase in testosterone also increases aromatase enzymes and the chances of side effects.

I know a lot of guys are in the position where they cannot use the real stuff ( work, athletics, fear ) or something along those lines and therefore are tempted to use something that is seen as "legal" alternative, when in all actuality if a real test was done you would test positive anyways due to an increase of free testosterone. If you really want to move down that side of the game, there are ways to obtain the real deal stuff via a prescription. If legal and work related issues are of concern.

GreekGodX
12-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the response Frank :) I feel like that's almost exactly what you said about pro-hormones not too long ago.

I merely posed the question because Propecia talk was going around at my house. I looked into it fairly quickly (ie searched google and read a select few articles in about 5 minutes). Then it got me to thinking as to why the IOC would ban it. Looking more into it now, I've simply come to the conclusion that there actually would be zero benefit for anyone to try and take Propecia along with steroids or a pro-hormone. It isn't even proven that taking Propecia increases testosterone levels, and if it did then the affect would be short lived.

PeteSB75
12-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Good lifts this morning, still going fairly light, but it's good to get in and move some. Missed yesterday so did legs and shoulders today, so squats, presses and hang cleans along with some time stretching on the mat and some ab work. Good stuff.

The Professor
12-31-2010, 06:39 AM
Howdy, folks.

Back in the gym ... first time posting here in a LOOOOONG time. Damage to my muscles and nerves last spring was worse than anyone thought. I've still got occasional pain and constant numbness in my right leg, so no crazy squats or deads for a while. Between the injury, getting out of the habit, then having a busy summer and fall semester, I've gone to sh*t. I'm sure I weight more than I ever have and I'm weaker than I've been in a couple of years -- a bad combination.

Basically, I'm a weak fatty right now. I guess that just means I have lots of room for improvement. :r

Anyway, the plan for right now is to be getting my cardio back up, start eating better, get things stretching, and start testing out where I'm at in my upper body. So today, I did 32 minutes on the recumbent bike at various levels of tension. Followed that up with a bunch of HammerStrength pull-downs and HS low rows, both working my way up with sets until I was failing out at 4-6. Ended up doing about a half dozen sets of 12 to 5 reps on each. Thought about doing some crunches; but was feeling like puking, so I stopped. :r

Anyway, it's time for me to get back in it to win it. I need to lose some weight and tone up a little before I head to SoCal for a conference in March. I don't want zEmEk0nE to mock me too much. :p

icehog3
12-31-2010, 10:07 AM
You'll be back in no time, Dokk. :tu

The Professor
12-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Thanks, Admiral. I hope you're right. :salute: :ze

The Professor
01-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Went late to the gym, today; but at least I went. :) 32 minutes of cardio, then chest and tris with some curlz for the gurlz at the end. All in all, I've solidified my opinion that I'm a weak a$$ mo'fo. :r I've never been great (or even particularly good) at chest exercises, but tonight's attempt was just pitiful. Oh well -- you've gotta fail to grow.

At least cardio is getting a little easier each day. :wo :r

Time for some salad and lean protein.... :dr

PeteSB75
01-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Welcome back Dokk!

Spin yesterday and today for me. Back lifting tomorrow.

The Professor
01-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Welcome back Dokk!

Spin yesterday and today for me. Back lifting tomorrow.
Thanks, Pete. :tu

Did legs for the first time in 4-5 months, today. It was sad; but you've gotta start somewhere, right? Started with 15 minutes on the recumbent to warm up. Did leg press, working up with sets of 10 from 0 pies to 8 pies (total, not per side). Did 2-3 sets (can't remember) of 10 with the 8 pies. Then went to do deads. Warmed up with 95lbs for 10, then did 3 sets of 10 with 135lbs. Tried to follow that up with some more recumbent bike, but my calves started cramping. :r

Anyway. I'm gonna keep taking it slowly. I'm not going for bulk right now, anyway. I need to get to the point where I'm not disgusted by how fat I've gotten. I don't want to be "skinny," mind you -- I've never been *that*. But I'd like to tone up a bit and lose some fat before I start thinking about lifting for power again.

Thanks for listening, folks. Logging things here helps keep me honest with myself and accountable.

:salute:

PeteSB75
01-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Starting to lift a bit heavier again after almost a month of lighter weights. Back today, so Deads, lat pulldowns, a bit of rowing and finished up with some supinating curls. A few new years resolutioners in, even at 5 this morning.

Mugen910
01-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Starting to lift a bit heavier again after almost a month of lighter weights. Back today, so Deads, lat pulldowns, a bit of rowing and finished up with some supinating curls. A few new years resolutioners in, even at 5 this morning.

I have never had trouble finding parking at the gym on a sunday afternoon till this time of year. :c

Then again I only went to sit on the bike :D

hscmit
01-03-2011, 07:59 AM
it has been warm enough to run outside the last 3 days. I love not having to wait for cardio equipment this time of year

GreekGodX
01-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Oh I am not looking forward to all the New Years resolution people at the gym. It's funny because I definitely spot them out. Maybe there will be some new skinny girl with a skewed body image :)

The Professor
01-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Oh I am not looking forward to all the New Years resolution people at the gym. It's funny because I definitely spot them out. Maybe there will be some new skinny girl with a skewed body image :)
Wow. :r

Oddly, there were nearly none when I went today. I think a lot of the resolutioners join the different classes and I went at a time that had no classes. :)

Shoulders today. Bought an iPhone app to help me track everything. It (Gym Buddy) is a pretty good app. No frills -- just a tracking app that will run stats on what you've done so you can track your progress/regress.

Anyway ... another day down. :ze

bonjing
01-04-2011, 05:09 AM
Nice solid day back after a 2 weeks off, gained a few pounds back :su :td
Incline and flat dumbbell.
Decline machine
Incline dumbbell flys
Decline cable flys

Machine curls
Seated barbell curls
Easybar curls

All 3x12

Patrick B
01-04-2011, 05:26 AM
Back from two weeks vacay and eating everything that wasn't nailed down. I did run and do sit UPS and pushups 4x while in Florida, but still put on a few pounds. Strict low cal diet and lots of cardio for a few weeks then I am going back to heavy lifting and lots of clean calories.

The Professor
01-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Another day down. Did lats and bis today -- mostly lats. Didn't have time for my full cardio because I got drawn into spotting a friend and chatting with another professor who I haven't seen in a while. Didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped; but I did get a better sense of my limits and managed to get some more muscles to turn on and remember how to do things. :)

Tomorrow's supposed to be an "off" day; but I might save that for Thursday since I'll be traveling tomorrow evening. It's possible that I'll have to take the rest of the week off after that; but we'll see.

hscmit
01-04-2011, 08:40 AM
cardio then
back and shoulders didnt start out well, just feeling weak first set of pull ups was only 9 took five sets to get to 30

DBall
01-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Squatted 225 for 3 (with no belt)... Most I ever did before was 205. I'll hit my goal of squatting double my weight (290) soon, I think. :)

PeteSB75
01-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Squatted 225 for 3 (with no belt)... Most I ever did before was 205. I'll hit my goal of squatting double my weight (290) soon, I think. :)

Good job Dan :tu

Chest and Tris for me this morning. Bench, Incline bench and some random arm exercises. Shoulder is bothering me a little, but my wife says I have been sleeping weird with it, so I put some icyhot on and it feels better.

The Professor
01-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Sad sad sad leg day. Squatting for the first time in 4-5 months. Started with warmups. Then squatted 95 x 10. Then squatted 135 x 6, 5, 5, 5, 5. Then some deadlifts: 135 x 10, 5 ... just running out of gas on the second set with my lower back also tightening up. Then some leg presses on a seated machine since both real presses were in use: 255 x 10; 300 x 10, 10. Then I stretched for 10-15 minutes.

I waddled to my car. :r

PeteSB75
01-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Squats and front squats this morning, then some stretching. I need to sleep more.

The Professor
01-06-2011, 11:32 AM
No gym today. I'm traveling and am using today as my "off" day. Heading to a local LA Fitness tomorrow, though -- the DrMS and I packed our gym shoes and everything. :)

PeteSB75
01-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Shoulders this morning. Herf tonight. Think I might have to quit drinking again to drop the weight I've put on over the last 6 months.

bonjing
01-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Used the school gym last night, the dang place is super cold. Had to keep moving around just to stay warm. Knocked out some shoulder and triceps but it feels like I have some sort of weird pinch in the front/top of my shoulder.

The Professor
01-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Cest and tris at the closest gym to my mom's in WA. I hope they have protein in the vendomatic down stairs....

PeteSB75
01-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Cest and tris at the closest gym to my mom's in WA. I hope they have protein in the vendomatic down stairs....

Just eat a chicken or a cow. You'll be fine :ss

Heavy back this morning, deads, bunch of rowing and finished with some lat pulldowns.

PeteSB75
01-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Heavy chest today, flat and incline bench.

GreekGodX
01-11-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm on the last week of this workout routine.. Need to figure out something new :hm

bonjing
01-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Chest and tris last night. Been watching my intake again, lost the extra poundage that I gained over the holidays.

PeteSB75
01-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Squats and some abs this morning. I need something else to do on leg days since I decided to dead on back days...

DBall
01-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Squats yesterday... worked my way up; 135 x5, 165 x3, 185 x3, 225 x3, 245 x2, 265 x3, picked up 285, stepped back and held it, then put that sh!t back on the rack... hahaha. Went back and did a couple at 225 bunch at 135 to finish it off.

285 is double my weight (142 still), so I'm pretty close to my goal. If I did less reps of the others, I think I could do it... hell... it hurts my back (where the bar goes) more than my legs... I got a bony back. I'll probably try it in 2 weeks. :banger

PeteSB75
01-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Heavy shoulders this morning. Hit myself in the face with the bar doing hang cleans... Luckily it was not hard, but was still annoying. Spin tomorrow and Sunday.

GreekGodX
01-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Got an email from supplementwarehouse.com for a supplement that is supposed to be the exact same formula as Jack3d, Scivation Quake 10.0. Thinking about trying it considering it is half the price and double the servings.

GreekGodX
01-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Heavy shoulders this morning. Hit myself in the face with the bar doing hang cleans... Luckily it was not hard, but was still annoying. Spin tomorrow and Sunday.

Ouch!

I definitely did something to my hip doing deadlifts :td The one side kills and affects my walking. Not really sure what happened.

The Professor
01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
hey, folks. been MIA because I traveled and stuff. that said, I didn't let the travel get in my way. I've done full 4-day splits the last two weeks. :D slowly but surely (please don't call me Shirley), I'm getting back in.

:ze

The Professor
01-18-2011, 07:16 AM
Had a good shoulders day yesterday and a good upper back day today. Every week is a new high since starting back up. Now if I could only drop more of this fat weight. LoL!

Patrick B
01-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Chest and triceps are sore as hell! I'm planning on hitting it hard for the next few months and eating protein like a T Rex. Fun times!

PeteSB75
01-18-2011, 03:22 PM
chest this morning. off tomorrow. some days I wonder about myself...

PeteSB75
01-20-2011, 06:51 AM
Squats and front squats today. Shoulder tomorrow, then spin saturday and sunday. :wo

DBall
01-20-2011, 07:15 AM
Squat sets yesterday... 185 x8 x2 sets, 205 x8 x1 set, 225 x5 x2 sets, 135 a bunch of times to finish it off. Then a bunch of other leg stuff. I'm actually feeling it today... :banger

Patrick B
01-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Legs for me today, too. Pushed myself really hard over the last four day workout split and feeling pretty damn good about it. Diet has been damn near perfect as well. Come on results!

PeteSB75
01-21-2011, 07:16 AM
Shoulders for me this morning, some hang cleans, press and upright rows.

The Professor
01-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Took the last 3 days off for school and home maintenance reasons. Back at it this morning with a leg workout. I made it up to 225 x 10 on deadlifts today, which is a far cry from my old lifts; but at least I'm on the road to recovery. :D

PeteSB75
01-25-2011, 06:16 AM
Heavy back today, deads, some rowing and some lat pulldowns. Missed monday due to some alarm clock malfunction - me setting but neglecting to turn it on...

GreekGodX
01-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Anyone try VPX NO shotgun? Lot of guys at my gym take it and like it. 10% of me wants to try it, the other 90% is stuck on white flood/jack3d.

hscmit
01-26-2011, 08:30 AM
since last thursday I have had my gym time switched from 7am to 7pm, and now I am not sleeping well, I will be able to switch back to am workouts tomorrow, ever happen to you?

PeteSB75
01-28-2011, 07:46 AM
I haven't done evenings in quite some time. I usually wind up not going if I miss my morning workout.

Anyway, gym wasn't open yesterday morning because of snow or something. Sounds like a crap excuse to me, but means I am combining multiple workouts. Chest and shoulders today, hang cleans, flat bench, and finished with press. Makes for an interesting combo.

The Professor
01-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Having a hard time figuring out my schedule this semester; but I *think* I finally figured it out. What do y'all think about a 4-on, 3-off schedule. My problem is that Monday is completely shot as I'm occupied with teaching, meetings, and prep from 8am to 9pm+. Tuesday morning, chances are I'm still tuckered out from Monday. Wednesday, I'm on campus early again. I *could* go in Tuesday and Wednesday evenings ... but I HATE my gym in the evening (it's packed, the DBs are out, it's a mess, etc.). That said, I can easily do a Thursday-Sunday 4-day split (which is what I'm trying out this week).

Anyone have any (informed) opinion on a 4-on, 3-off schedule?

BigFrank
01-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Sorry I've been rather absent from the thread guys. I have a huge school project not to mention I'm in the process of buying a house, so my free-time is at an all time low. Still busting my bawls in the Gym. Hope you're all doing the same.

PeteSB75
02-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Dokk, don't see any reason why not. You might be a little sore from previous days, but you'll get used to it. Just order your workouts so you don't hit similar muscle groups two days in a row. I

Been a crazy week for me. Spin sunday, back monday, chest tuesday. Off yesterday, overslept today, so legs and shoulders tomorrow.

GreekGodX
02-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Having a hard time figuring out my schedule this semester; but I *think* I finally figured it out. What do y'all think about a 4-on, 3-off schedule. My problem is that Monday is completely shot as I'm occupied with teaching, meetings, and prep from 8am to 9pm+. Tuesday morning, chances are I'm still tuckered out from Monday. Wednesday, I'm on campus early again. I *could* go in Tuesday and Wednesday evenings ... but I HATE my gym in the evening (it's packed, the DBs are out, it's a mess, etc.). That said, I can easily do a Thursday-Sunday 4-day split (which is what I'm trying out this week).

Anyone have any (informed) opinion on a 4-on, 3-off schedule?

My only concern would be frequency. I like to hit muscle groups twice a week. Otherwise you should be fine.

Ender
02-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Question. Flat bench flies or slight inclined flies?

Patrick B
02-12-2011, 04:58 AM
I usually don't do any flat bench work as it hurts my shoulders. I have at least a little bit of incline on any chest work I do. Not saying that flat or decline stuff isn't good, it just isn't good for me.

Ender
02-13-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm wondering if anyone had some pros or cons regarding chest development. Right now I do flies at a slight incline to help hit both the inner and upper chest.

mosesbotbol
02-13-2011, 12:48 PM
I usually don't do any flat bench work as it hurts my shoulders.

With a barbell? Can you do a strict push up without shoulder pain? Incling the bench pushes the wait more towards the shoulders than when flat.

PeteSB75
02-14-2011, 06:35 AM
Heavy back work this morning. Deadlifts, lat pulldowns and then row, row, rowing :ze

potlimit
02-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Thought I would mention this here...

I am by no means a proponent of chiropractic, but my girlfriend convinced me to go see her chiro because he uses a technique called Graston. Basically it's just a tool that's like a tongue depressor made out of steel, which he "scrapes" my muscle with. Pretty damn painful, but for me it has really been worth the pain.

I've lifted for about 18 years (seriously for a while as I played Div. 1 football), but I made two major mistakes: 1) I RARELY stretched and; 2) For some reason I hated lifting back so I ended up working out chest twice as much as back. Without getting into an anatomy lesson, this has caused probelms for both. And of late it's really caused problems with my traps, leading all the way up my neck. That tightness has effected EVERY workout. The Graston has basically worked to break up some of that scar tissue, and act like several stretching sessions condensed in to 1. Undeniably noticeable difference in my workouts.

Just my two pennies, hope it helps someone else.
Mase

Ender
02-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but it's unclear to me how scar tissue is equated/related to not stretching.

potlimit
02-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but it's unclear to me how scar tissue is equated/related to not stretching.

The simple answer is without stretching you're more susceptible to tears/pulls... tears/pulls = scars, body's response to scars = scar tissue. That's what I've been led to believe, could be wrong and frequently am.

bonjing
02-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Nice solid week at the gym after almost a month off. It feels good to be in there again! ! !

Going to have to take some time off again though due to a complete change of schedule; adjusting from nights to days. I hope to get into the gym at about 0500 once I get a decent sleep sleeping routine.

PeteSB75
02-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Good heavy chest this morning. flat and incline bench. Tomorrow it's time to squat :tu

DBall
02-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Good heavy chest this morning. flat and incline bench. Tomorrow it's time to squat :tu

Did incline for my first time really trying it yesterday... definitely harder, but a great workout.

Ender
02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
The simple answer is without stretching you're more susceptible to tears/pulls... tears/pulls = scars, body's response to scars = scar tissue. That's what I've been led to believe, could be wrong and frequently am.

:hm That sounds fairly logical to me. Although if you think about it isn't weight lifting in essence tearing muscle fibers? I dunno. I'm so confused now. I do know that stretching is essential for healthy tendons but also it's beneficial for muscles too.....I think.

Mugen910
02-15-2011, 01:43 PM

I am by no means a proponent of chiropractic, but my girlfriend convinced me to go see her chiro because he uses a technique called Graston. Basically it's just a tool that's like a tongue depressor made out of steel, which he "scrapes" my muscle with. Pretty damn painful, but for me it has really been worth the pain.

I've lifted for about 18 years (seriously for a while as I played Div. 1 football), but I made two major mistakes: 1) I RARELY stretched and; 2) For some reason I hated lifting back so I ended up working out chest twice as much as back. Without getting into an anatomy lesson, this has caused probelms for both. And of late it's really caused problems with my traps, leading all the way up my neck. That tightness has effected EVERY workout. The Graston has basically worked to break up some of that scar tissue, and act like several stretching sessions condensed in to 1. Undeniably noticeable difference in my workouts.

Mase

Mase!!!! Glad to know you're still alive and kickin!

potlimit
02-16-2011, 09:09 AM
LOL, yeah, I'm alive but not doing so much kickin my man... slavin' away here in the salt mines. Good to know I'm missed though:)

CRIMPS
02-16-2011, 09:14 AM
I started P90X last night. Focused on Chest, Tri's, and Shoulders.

I don't think my Triceps have ever been this tight and this sore. Intense workout!

kaisersozei
02-16-2011, 10:05 AM

Mase

Never heard of Graston, but glad to hear it's helping you!

I can't imagine working out or weightlifting without a warm-up & stretch. It's just been ingrained in me since high school, and hard to break 30 years of habit. ;)

Is stretching something you think you can add to your routine, or is that something that's been ingrained in you? The Graston sounds kinda medieval--I'd want to avoid it!

DBall
02-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Box squats today... seen them done one videos and never tried them... they are WAY harder, but definitely an awesome workout. My legs are spent today...

potlimit
02-16-2011, 02:39 PM

I can't imagine working out or weightlifting without a warm-up & stretch. It's just been ingrained in me since high school, and hard to break 30 years of habit. ;)

Is stretching something you think you can add to your routine, or is that something that's been ingrained in you? The Graston sounds kinda medieval--I'd want to avoid it!

I think you can add it, God knows I have! Through high school and junior college I was pretty good about it, but when I got to the University I just got lax with all the, um, extracurriculars. I never lost any speed (which was my saving grace) so I figured I was fine.:sh

PeteSB75
02-17-2011, 06:41 AM
Shoulders this morning. Off tomorrow, love that extra hour of sleep in the morning. :tu Spin Saturday and Sunday :wo

GreekGodX
02-23-2011, 05:23 AM
Slickdeals.net has a deal on some whey protein and creatine monohydrate. $9.99 for either or and shipping is flat $4.99. Just thought I'd share for anyone who is interested.
http://slickdeals.net/giveaway/873

mosesbotbol
02-23-2011, 09:32 AM

Graston works really well, but leaves a serious black and blue mark. My chiropractor is one of the first in Boston area to be certified in it. Highly recommended treatment for soft tissue damage and scarring.

PeteSB75
02-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Missed spin Saturday, had to drive to the airport instead. yay. Went on Sunday. Monday back, Tuesday chest, Wednesday off, today legs/abs, tomorrow shoulders, then spin again both days this weekend. :tu

BigFrank
02-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Back Shoulders and Biceps today. Been out of posting in this thread a bit. Gonna get back to contributing...Hope everyone is keeping up..

Ender
02-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Man, calves are so hard to grow. I'm gonna be getting a bit more serious about them and hit them almost every time I'm at the gym.

PeteSB75
02-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Man, calves are so hard to grow. I'm gonna be getting a bit more serious about them and hit them almost every time I'm at the gym.

Why are you worried about your calves? If you have longer legs, they will look smaller. I have the same thing happen with my arms. I have shorter legs, so they look bigger, but a longer torso/arms, so they don't grow as fast as big. To me, it's all a matter of strength. If I am hitting my lifts, then I don't worry what they look like.

If you want to really work them, well just remember that appearance follows function, so what do your calves do, primarily? They flex your feet down, so IMO, the best way to work your calves hard is not to lift with them but to jump with them. Whether that means you are doing hang cleans, power cleans, or just jumping from the floor onto a box or bench, any of those will work, and give more overall power/strength to your calves.

Or you can always go the Johnny Drama route and get calf implants :noon

Anyway, heavy back today, so deads, lat pulldowns and finished up by rowing.

Brutus2600
02-28-2011, 10:14 AM
I never participated in this thread before, because since I've been on CA I haven't been to the gym once...until a few weeks ago! After a two year hiatus (because I'm lazy!) I decided to get back on track working out and eating better. My roommate (Matt) and I have worked out off and on together since college, but in the last couple years he's gotten pretty serious about it. This is lucky for me because the gym to him is what cigars are to me, so he does all the research and I can just ask him what a good workout routine for me would be.

Anyway, started back to the gym at the beginning of Feb, doing a Sun/Tue/Thurs routine. At the moment I'm doing a full body, 4 exercise, 5x5 routine that consists of Front Squats, Bench Press w/ bar, Pull ups, and then finish it off with Push Press.

First thing about this routine is, I hated squats. I've had knee problems since high school (read: ~10 years), and squats and leg press exercises always aggravated it. Since I quit working out however, Matt had learned how to properly do squats, and showed me the proper form. Within three trips to the gym my knee pain was completely gone and hasn't bothered me since.

Second, I love this routine because I don't have to spend too long doing these four exercises, but I still feel I've gotten a really solid full body workout. In two weeks he's changing up his routine he's currently doing and I think I'll probably go with that so we can actually lift together, but until then I'm enjoying this routine by myself.

Anyway, long post, but yeah, just wanted to give my background. Look forward to bantering with you guys about working out!

Patrick B
02-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Picked up some C4 to try. Almost out of Jack3d. Full review to come.

mosesbotbol
03-01-2011, 05:12 AM

Be careful. If you push the calves too hard, they can knot easily. Spend the time to strentch them in both directions after. Stretch the inside and outside of your foot too.

I remember in the early 90's, my friends doing spot injections into the calves thinking that would make them grow. :r

PeteSB75
03-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Heavy chest this morning. Was distracted and didn't get in the work I wanted to as one of my contacts was bothering me. Got home and took it out to see a rip down the middle of it. Damn thing ruined my workout... :sl

Patrick B
03-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I hate that, Pete. Had one screwing with me during an otherwise enjoyable round of golf over the weekend. I think I'm going to start packing an extra set at all times.

Shoulders for me today. Lots of shrugs and lateral raises...

icehog3
03-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm back. :ze

Missed y'all, looking forward to getting and giving some motivation again.

BigFrank
03-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Be careful. If you push the calves too hard, they can knot easily. Spend the time to strentch them in both directions after. Stretch the inside and outside of your foot too.

I remember in the early 90's, my friends doing spot injections into the calves thinking that would make them grow. :r

taurine and drinking lots of fluid will keep that away...

bailed on monday from squatting, I love squatting but i think I have a hernia or two. might head in to bench tonight not sure, if I do it will be light. doctors on friday.

Pass
03-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Haven't posted up in here in, well, forever. Figured I'd give a brief update. After my 4month exodus a while back (due to injury) I got back to lifting and have returned to form.

Got passed some pretty major obstacles on the way back to where I was pre-injury. In fact, in virtually all lifts I have surpassed my previous 1RM weight.

Bench is now 290 (pretty good for me)
Deadlift is now 481
Pullup is now 314
Squat is now 399 ~ only 6 more lbs to equal my previous.

Not too shabby... Training hard and with purpose. My goals are:
Squat - over 405
Dead - over 500
Bench - 315+
Pullup - 350

Mugen910
03-01-2011, 03:10 PM

Not if you're Asian :D

zemekone
03-03-2011, 03:53 PM
shhhhh...

icehog3
03-03-2011, 04:53 PM

hscmit
03-03-2011, 07:17 PM
back and shoulders
bookended with cardio

mosesbotbol
03-04-2011, 04:53 AM
A friend of mine is one of the most successful personal trainers around Boston and we are working out this weekend. Not as client/trainer, but ends up being kinda like that either way. Saves me the $100+ per session. I'll have to provide the booze and cigars for after....

icehog3
03-04-2011, 09:15 AM
I'll have to provide the booze and cigars for after....

My kinda post-workout, Moses! :tu

Back on tap today.

Da Klugs
03-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Need some diversity. Been doing push-ups every day since September of last year. 90 - 10 breaths, then 20 slow and full is the routine for the past few months.

Tried jumping jacks for a while but popped a hammie and stopped to get ready to go skiing in January.

Need some cardio advice - seems like I'm only motivated to do things right out of bed so needs to be available right then.

icehog3
03-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Have any cardio equipment at home, Dave?

GreekGodX
03-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Not sure on space limitations but a jump rope could work

mosesbotbol
03-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Have any cardio equipment at home, Dave?

Nordic Ski is king followed by Concept II for home, but former does not come easy.

Da Klugs
03-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Have an old schwinn Airdyne in the basement. It's a beast and what I used a decade ago to drop 40 lbs in 40 days. (Along with diet)

icehog3
03-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Maybe trying a couple devices at a club (or even a hotel's fitness room) might give you an idea of what feels comfortable and what you like. A one day pass to a club and try out the eliptical, stair-master, etc. :)

Patrick B
03-10-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm a big fan of the Extreme C4. Not as big of an initial hit as the Jack3d. Identical workout energy boost in my opinion with a great pump. Tastes great, like a very sugary koolaid. No crash a couple hours later like Jack3d was giving me.

:tu

GreekGodX
03-11-2011, 03:35 AM
I'm a big fan of the Extreme C4. Not as big of an initial hit as the Jack3d. Identical workout energy boost in my opinion with a great pump. Tastes great, like a very sugary koolaid. No crash a couple hours later like Jack3d was giving me.

:tu

I got Gerainamo from trueprotein.com (http://www.trueprotein.com) Taste is ok, not the worst tasting stuff ever but it is definitely the best preworkout I've taken. I get a better focus from this than from jack3d. I'm not sure if they posted the ratio of ingredients on their sight yet but I definitely think theres a better ratio of creatine/beta alanine/stimulants in this than in jack3d.

Bad part is shipping sucks. The supplement cost $18 and some change- discount through rep code+shipping=$27 to my door.

icehog3
03-11-2011, 09:24 AM
I got Gerainamo from trueprotein.com (http://www.trueprotein.com) Taste is ok, not the worst tasting stuff ever but it is definitely the best preworkout I've taken. I get a better focus from this than from jack3d. I'm not sure if they posted the ratio of ingredients on their sight yet but I definitely think theres a better ratio of creatine/beta alanine/stimulants in this than in jack3d.

Bad part is shipping sucks. The supplement cost $18 and some change- discount through rep code+shipping=$27 to my door.

Yeah, checked out the site, $9 for regular UPS Ground is :bs

kaisersozei
03-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Need some diversity. Been doing push-ups every day since September of last year. 90 - 10 breaths, then 20 slow and full is the routine for the past few months.

Tried jumping jacks for a while but popped a hammie and stopped to get ready to go skiing in January.

Need some cardio advice - seems like I'm only motivated to do things right out of bed so needs to be available right then.

The nice thing about cardio is that you can do it without any equipment at all. Aerobic workouts, plyometrics--it's all about jumping around, moving your body weight to get your heart rate into a range where you start burning calories. I'd check into a couple different DVDs, things like step aerobics, Jillian Michaels and Billy Blanks (tae bo) have some reputable videos out there--those might work for starters, and are good to ease into.

GreekGodX
03-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Buy 2 tubs of Jack3d get $20 off. Use coupon TWENTYVE
With shipping I paid $38 and change. Thought I would share :)

White Raspberry Jack3d (http://www.vitaminemporium.com/usp-labs-jack3d-pre-exercise-cns-carnosine-atp-augmentor-white-blue-raspberry/qxp310513?fromsrch=jack3d)

Mugen910
03-16-2011, 01:12 PM

Set a goal like a 5k race. It's a good starting point for people who want to do cardio and have a goal.

3.1 miler sounds like a lot but it's not the time you finish but just finishing one.

Even better to get one other friend or family member to run it with you since you are more likely to complete the 5k on a buddy system.:tu

PeteSB75
03-24-2011, 07:12 AM
Hmm, dropped to the third page. Not posted in a while myself, and I see everyone else has been busy too.

Anyway, went heavy this week, chest/arms tuesday, legs wednesday and shoulders and back today. Going climbing tomorrow, so didn't hit back too hard this morning. Hope you all are still hitting it hard.

Fordman4ever
03-24-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm on a 2 day on 1 day off split
Chest
Back
Off
Arms
Legs/shoulders
Off

Its been a pretty good routine for me so far. I usually do 4 sets for each exercise, raising the weight and lowering the reps for each set.

example: on chest day i start off with flat bench. 155lbsx12 reps, 205x10, 225x8 and 250x6.

after about a month of that i usually go to 3 sets of 15 reps with everything for about 2 weeks then go back to my normal sets. when i started this workout back in December, my flat bench max 225lbs for 1 rep. now i'm doing 225 8 times on my 3rd set. I think I'll stick with this routine for awhile. seems to be working pretty good. I'm also taking a great pre-workout from complete nutrition called lean revolution. this stuff is great, it gets me going in the morning when i dont feel like going to the gym. only thing wrong with it is if you take it too soon before you start working out then you start to itch all over, but once you start working out it usually goes away.

hscmit
03-24-2011, 08:08 AM
chest and arms monday
back and shoulders tuesday
cardio yesterday
chest and arms all sets to failure today, one of my favorite workouts, but dont get to do it very often b/c of need for a partner

Patrick B
03-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Made some good gains recently with chest strength (incline db press). Our dumbbells at the gym only go to 75s so I've been counting total reps. Got 14-12-12 last night. 2 months ago was probably 10-8-8. Gonna petition for some 85s. Still a long ways from my previous 'strong' phase 10 years ago. Feeling old these days and I'm not sure if I can get back to slamming around the 120s.

Still loving the C4 Extreme, feels like a better version of Jack3d...

GreekGodX
03-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Made some good gains recently with chest strength (incline db press). Our dumbbells at the gym only go to 75s so I've been counting total reps. Got 14-12-12 last night. 2 months ago was probably 10-8-8. Gonna petition for some 85s. Still a long ways from my previous 'strong' phase 10 years ago. Feeling old these days and I'm not sure if I can get back to slamming around the 120s.

Still loving the C4 Extreme, feels like a better version of Jack3d...

Time for a new gym, Patrick. :tu

I'm on a fierce cutting phase as my last one didn't last. 2 weeks and I'm down 15 pounds. Thinking about adding a fat burner but I don't really think I need it. Strength has remained without pushing myself which is a great sign.

Patrick B
03-24-2011, 11:37 PM
How about some pics, Christos? Haven't seen you in a while.

Pecs and tri's are wicked sore. I need a massage! Haha.

icehog3
03-24-2011, 11:56 PM
How about some pics, Christos? Haven't seen you in a while.

Pecs and tri's are wicked sore. I need a massage! Haha.

MMM....pics of Christos in a man-thong, and a nice massage. Zemekone would be so proud. ;) :r

Patrick B
03-25-2011, 12:12 AM
A thong would be great! That way I could compare to the last pics he sent me.

GreekGodX
03-25-2011, 03:32 AM
Pics? No problem :tu I only get the man thong out for you guys ;)

icehog3
03-25-2011, 10:30 AM
A thong would be great! That way I could compare to the last pics he sent me.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/scared.jpg

hscmit
03-25-2011, 10:38 AM
mountain run this morning, just three miles but the hills made a big difference

76GTFan
03-25-2011, 10:39 AM
20 minutes with the Shake Weight today.:r

hscmit
03-25-2011, 10:58 AM
"shake weight..."

Patrick B
03-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Time for back n biceps. Time to up my deadlift weight a bit and I am tired. C4 to the rescue!

Da Klugs
03-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Still havn't missed a day of push-ups since september. Have worked up to the current - 100 push-ups, rest for 10 deep breaths, then 25 more.

icehog3
03-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Looking forward to seeing the pecs, Dave, maybe you should post a pic like Christos. :)

Waist has gotten smaller and the rest has gotten bigger since getting back into the gym this month, so I can't complain.

bonjing
03-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Hopefully the start of going back to the gym for me. 5am gym kinda sucks. Strength and stamina are definitely not what it used to be after being off for almost 3 months.

Flat dumbbells
incline bench
Machine decline
cable fly's upper/lower chest
Peckdeck (SP)
crunches
leg lifts

rounded off with 15min on the treadmill

kjd2121
03-29-2011, 09:29 AM
OHP - Top set should be 125x6-2-2-2
Incline DB Bench - Top set 75x8
Dips - 4 sets - bodyweightx8-10
Curls - Top set 85x6-2-2-2

Trying to add weight each week

Legs tomorrow - Uggghhhh

bonjing
03-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Shoulders
dumbbell presses
flys
reverse pecdeck

Tri's
frenchpress
close grip bench
one arms cable pull downs

rgrecco
03-30-2011, 01:25 PM
I am hopeing someone in here can help me put a workout program together??? I am 6'1'' 225#'s Average Build...

I am looking to loose some fat and bulk up... Because of my profession I am not looking to be under 200#'s... But if I can loose the fat and build the muscle I would be thrilled...

I also need to work on Cardio Endurance...

I really wanna do this but i currently just lack the motovation... I hate going to the gym because I DON"T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING... I need to go there with a set schedule and know what I have to do and get done...

I am a member of American Family Fitness... If you know the place its HUGE... 3 pools, Racket Ball Courts, Full size basket ball court, all the equipment in the world, and many classes (i am not into taking classes)...

Hope someone can help me out...

RON

icehog3
03-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Ron, probably be a lot easier to have a trainer or someone in your area show you how to use the equipment and set up a program....tough to do over the net.

I do think you will have to concentrate on the cardio and diet at the beginning, tough to lose fat without a combination of both. You can put on some muscle and lose fat at the same time, but the fat loss should be the focus at first.

bonjing
03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Great, so about a week ago I get this numbing/pinching sensation going down my right arm, found out last night I have a pinched nerve in my neck that's causing this. Dr. said to cut back on the lifting as it may cause aggravation to the nerve and just focus on the cardio.

Bleh.

And to top it all off all I got was 800mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day to help with the inflammation.

Lear31MX
03-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Morning Guys, I look around this thread from time to time but never post in it so here I go. Any of you ever use those chains that go on the bench press bar. I tried it for the first time this morning and was not that impressed. just wondering if any one uses them on a reagular baises and have good results?

Chainsaw13
03-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Great, so about a week ago I get this numbing/pinching sensation going down my right arm, found out last night I have a pinched nerve in my neck that's causing this. Dr. said to cut back on the lifting as it may cause aggravation to the nerve and just focus on the cardio.

Bleh.

And to top it all off all I got was 800mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day to help with the inflammation.

Use a hot compress on your neck for 10-15 a couple times a day to help loosen up the muscles in that area. Also if it doesn't hurt too much, do some neck stretches. As far as you can rotate, turn your head to the left and hold for 30 seconds. Do the same to the right and repeat 5 times. Another one to try is tilt your head to the left and right, like youre trying touch your ear to your shoulder. Again hold for 30 seconds each time.

This helped me get through three herniated discs and pinched nerves last year.

mosesbotbol
03-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Ron, probably be a lot easier to have a trainer or someone in your area show you how to use the equipment and set up a program....tough to do over the net.

:tpd:

icehog3
03-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Morning Guys, I look around this thread from time to time but never post in it so here I go. Any of you ever use those chains that go on the bench press bar. I tried it for the first time this morning and was not that impressed. just wondering if any one uses them on a reagular baises and have good results?

Big Frank may use a reasonable facsimile, he would be the one here to ask. :)

bonjing
03-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Use a hot compress on your neck for 10-15 a couple times a day to help loosen up the muscles in that area. Also if it doesn't hurt too much, do some neck stretches. As far as you can rotate, turn your head to the left and hold for 30 seconds. Do the same to the right and repeat 5 times. Another one to try is tilt your head to the left and right, like youre trying touch your ear to your shoulder. Again hold for 30 seconds each time.

This helped me get through three herniated discs and pinched nerves last year.

Thanks for the tip! :tu

kjd2121
03-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Yesterday I hit my legs:

Squats -
185x6
225x6
255x6
285x4
315x6-2-2-2 -total of 12 with 1 min rest between last clusters

Seated Calf Press -
365x6
415x6
465x6
515x6
565x6
645x6-2-2-2 -total of 12 with 1 min rest between last clusters

Rack Pulls -
135x6
225x6
275x6
315x5
350x6

Will be super sore tomorrow, but this happens weekly.

bonjing
04-01-2011, 09:02 AM
A little bicep and back this morning.

Fordman4ever
04-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Arm day today. Biceps are super sore already.

GreekGodX
04-01-2011, 09:29 AM

I have before and I wish I still had chains to use. I relally like using them as it is a way to add resistance to the concentric part of your lift. I'm just confused as to what you were expecting from using the chains?

Lear31MX
04-01-2011, 10:36 AM
I have before and I wish I still had chains to use. I relally like using them as it is a way to add resistance to the concentric part of your lift. I'm just confused as to what you were expecting from using the chains?

I guess I wasn't expecting much, my thinking was on the way down it would get lighter and on the way up it would get harder. I really didn't feel a big diff. I was wondering the if it was something that had better results over long term or it was just adding a new element to the work out. I don't know I'll just add more weight to the bar :D

Patrick B
04-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Legs in an hour. Still loving the smith machine squats. I've never been able to do a decent looking regular squat. I have super tight calves that don't allow me to go down very far unless I use the smith machine so I can throw my feet forward a tad. I'm not overly concerned about doing regular squats, should I be for better growth?

GreekGodX
04-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I guess I wasn't expecting much, my thinking was on the way down it would get lighter and on the way up it would get harder. I really didn't feel a big diff. I was wondering the if it was something that had better results over long term or it was just adding a new element to the work out. I don't know I'll just add more weight to the bar :D

Maybe you weren't using big enough chains? The point is to help with your lockouts and it works your triceps more. IMO chains and bands can definitely help make improvements. You just need to use them in the right ways in addition to your training.

Lear31MX
04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Maybe you weren't using big enough chains? The point is to help with your lockouts and it works your triceps more. IMO chains and bands can definitely help make improvements. You just need to use them in the right ways in addition to your training.

Cool thanks, the chains at my gym are maybe 10 lbs each, didn't know it would help with the lock out, and who doesn't want bigger triceps:D

kjd2121
04-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Legs in an hour. Still loving the smith machine squats. I've never been able to do a decent looking regular squat. I have super tight calves that don't allow me to go down very far unless I use the smith machine so I can throw my feet forward a tad. I'm not overly concerned about doing regular squats, should I be for better growth?

Doing regular squats will recruit more of your CNS(central nervous system) which in turn will tell you whole body to grow. You will also be using more hammies and glutes if doing low bar back squats. The Smith will use more of your quads when throwing your legs out.

I love low bar back squats - develops the whole back chain. Smith will isolate more. Also, the Smith is for pussies :)

Check out Mark Rippetoe on youtube for more info.

Patrick B
04-01-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm working on rolling out my calves and loosening them up. I'd do regular squats if they did any good. With my awesome form they are basically a good morning/squat hybrid, and I don't think it's good for my back or my legs to do them that way. I do plenty of deads so stick it up your ass, pussbag! :) Ha Ha, all in good fun...

Might take a day off tomorrow. It's been 5 or 6 days straight with my current 4 day split of chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders, legs. Also thinking of going to a 5 day, maybe chest, back/calves, shoulders, bi's/tri's, legs. I'm REALLY focused right now on hitting it hard, eating a ton of protein, and getting bigger. Thoughts?

PeteSB75
04-03-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm working on rolling out my calves and loosening them up. I'd do regular squats if they did any good. With my awesome form they are basically a good morning/squat hybrid, and I don't think it's good for my back or my legs to do them that way. I do plenty of deads so stick it up your ass, pussbag! :) Ha Ha, all in good fun...

Might take a day off tomorrow. It's been 5 or 6 days straight with my current 4 day split of chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders, legs. Also thinking of going to a 5 day, maybe chest, back/calves, shoulders, bi's/tri's, legs. I'm REALLY focused right now on hitting it hard, eating a ton of protein, and getting bigger. Thoughts?

so just curious, how are you able to dead, but not squat? Unless you are doing stiff-legged deads, you should be getting as low or lower at the beginning and end of a dead as you do at the middle of a squat. Once you start doing squats and doing them properly, they will stretch all the necessary muscles out through the warm-up sets.

Anyway, last week was deloading for me, chest/arms Tues, Legs on Thurs and shoulders/back on Fri, with spin yesterday and today. off tomorrow, then will be a heavy week, unless the baby decides to show up, in which case I will be doing my best just to get there :ze

kjd2121
04-03-2011, 11:17 AM

Just be sure you are not overtraining. You need to recover or you wont gain at all. Less is more.

Patrick B
04-03-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't know, Pete. I'll get some videos and we can all take a look. I guess that's the only way to know for sure. I can tell you my deadlift form feels solid, but my squat feels awful, like I am about to fall over on my face. I'll get a buddy to record me.

Fordman4ever
04-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Anybody here ever use Edge? Its made by a company called element nutrition. I just started it and wanted to know how others are cycling it.

PeteSB75
04-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't know, Pete. I'll get some videos and we can all take a look. I guess that's the only way to know for sure. I can tell you my deadlift form feels solid, but my squat feels awful, like I am about to fall over on my face. I'll get a buddy to record me.

Interesting. You're likely letting your knees too far forward as you go down. They should never pass a line drawn up from your toes. Instead, you should be sticking your a$$ out more. Can be a tough form to learn, especially without a good coach, and I don't know the best way to explain it other than to tell you to read Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe and Lon Kilgore. They explain it far better than I ever could, and in far more detail. I am not using my copy currently, so if you want to send me your addy, I can send it off to you.

Heavy chest/arms for me this morning, flat bench(205x5x3), incline bench(185x5x3), bar curls and cable bar pulldowns.

Fordman4ever
04-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Put up 260 on the flat bench today. Most I've ever put up. Hopefully i'll be up to 300 soon.

Pass
04-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Put up 260 on the flat bench today. Most I've ever put up. Hopefully i'll be up to 300 soon.

Grats dude! I finally got to 260 for 4 reps this last week as well... Working my way up to 315, but I keep hanging on 290 1RM. It's gonna be a long road!

Fordman4ever
04-05-2011, 01:51 PM
One thing that helped me get my max up was changing to a 3 set 15 rep work out.
I stick with my regular work out for about 2-3 months then do 2 weeks of the "3 set 15 rep for everything" workout.

DBall
04-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Man... ya lose it so quick... between the new job (new hours) and being sick more often than not in the past month, I've been to the gym a total of maybe 5 times... much different than the typical 3x per week religiously. I feel like I'm starting over again. What's worse, though, is I have ZERO desire to go after work. Bah.

King James
04-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Man... ya lose it so quick... between the new job (new hours) and being sick more often than not in the past month, I've been to the gym a total of maybe 5 times... much different than the typical 3x per week religiously. I feel like I'm starting over again. What's worse, though, is I have ZERO desire to go after work. Bah.

you will catch back up quicker than you think

Brutus2600
04-05-2011, 06:22 PM
I was surprised how quickly things are progressing for me after two years of not going to the gym.

A month of taking it easy is nothing, you got this :tu

I do know what you mean though, every time I stopped going to the gym it was because I got sick and stopped going for a couple of weeks and never started again.

My willpower is pretty awful sometimes :p

BigFrank
04-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Sorry havent been posting that much brothers. Life has dealt me a very ugly hand and I'm not good with cards. When I get my life put back together I'll try and post more.

hscmit
04-06-2011, 08:18 PM
hope things get back on track soon bigfrank

icehog3
04-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Saying a prayer for you Frank.

Brutus2600
04-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Prayers sent your way Frank!

Patrick B
04-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Well I can't seem to convert a video taken with my phone to something I can post here, but after seeing myself in action and having a few knowledgeable people at the gym take a look I am declaring my squat technique good to go. It's much better than I thought. My back is in a good position and I'm only an inch or two from getting to parallel. Doing them the regular way has made me get my lifting belt back out, it just feels safer that way. Legs today so I'm heading to sleep so I can go hard this afternoon.

Overall I'm making some good strides. My strength and BMI readings are both heading in the right direction!

GreekGodX
04-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Sorry havent been posting that much brothers. Life has dealt me a very ugly hand and I'm not good with cards. When I get my life put back together I'll try and post more.

Prayers on the way Frank!

Speaking of squats.. I've always had a problem with my right side initiating the lift. Trying to fix this is proving to be difficult

mosesbotbol
04-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Anyone take B12 shots?

hscmit
04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
chest to failure and arms today

my last set of chest had a weird pop in my shoulder, didnt hurt but felt weird as hell

Fordman4ever
04-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Back workout today. Lots of pull-ups, rows, lat pull downs, and more pull-ups.
I'm starting to be able to do pull-ups very slowly and deliberately with full ROM.

PeteSB75
04-19-2011, 10:28 AM

Sorry to hear that Frank. Best wishes for you and your family.

BigFrank
04-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Sorry to hear that Frank. Best wishes for you and your family.

Thanks Pete and to everyone else for the well wishes. Things are still a mess, but I managed to drag myself into the Gym this morning. I still don't quite feel like myself, but time will heal everything.

I hope everyone is getting it done in the Gym. I havent been posting much but if you have a specific question feel free to PM me.

icehog3
04-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Good to "see" you Frank, hope things are getting better.

Patrick B
04-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Well wishes sent your way, Frank.

Just got back from a great shoulder workout. Laterals, bent over laterals, military's, straight bar and dumbbell shrugs. Did some pretty intense drop sets all the way through. Hope everybody gets some work in so we can pig out later! :)

bonjing
04-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Good thoughts to ya Frank, hope everything turns better for you!

How did this fall to page 2. Light gym this week right arm still feels like crap with the pinched nerve and all. Chiropractor has got me down for once a week instead of 3 times a week.

Kinda sucks that being right handed, my left arm has totally beat out the right arm in strength for now.

Patrick B
04-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Another great week just finished up, well it will be after legs tomorrow. I maxed on bench for the first time in years and got 285 with room to spare. I think 300 is a very real possibility soon. I crushed arms just now so I am typing with a great arm pump right now, it's almost like drunk posting! :)

It's Friday so time to go pig out on a not so healthy dinner. I love Friday for just this
reason. Have a good weekend all.

PeteSB75
04-30-2011, 07:39 PM
First time in the gym at all this morning for about a month. Just did some abs and a spin class. I hope to be lifting tomorrow and this week, but it's tough to find time with a new baby in the house and a wife I have to do what I can to help stay sane.

icehog3
05-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Always good to blow off a little steam, Pete. :)

Two more workouts for me and I will take 5 days off to relax and heal the old bones.

BigFrank
05-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Always good to blow off a little steam, Pete. :)

Two more workouts for me and I will take 5 days off to relax and heal the old bones.

I feel ya on that one Tom. Without the Gym right now I dont know where my head would be. Hitting the gym up a little later. Been just going through the motions, now it's time to get into gear.

icehog3
05-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Just a way of life for guys like us, Frank, hard to imagine not being able to go anymore.

I have been able to put on a good amount of muscle again the last couple months, just wish I could take a couple more inches off my waist. Maybe I will just eat fish on vacation this week. :r