PDA

View Full Version : Red's Fans Check in

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Starscream
05-16-2011, 08:05 PM
I was in the car listening to the bottom of the 6th. The Cubs are pathetic.

Zambrano, the bullpen, and Soriano are pathetic. I feel bad for Castro, Barney, and Byrd. Those three deserve to win.

Starscream
05-16-2011, 08:06 PM
RWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWR WRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRW:noon:noo n:noon:noon:noon

:r

icehog3
05-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Zambrano, the bullpen, and Soriano are pathetic. I feel bad for Castro, Barney, and Byrd. Those three deserve to win.

Zambrano has actually been lights out for the most part since last August. I have no issues with him.

Quade needs to replace Soriano with Reed Johnson....RJ may not get Soriano's solo home runs, but he is clutch at the plate and in the outfield.

The bullpen? Get a rope. :r

Barney has been a revelation.....love the guy. :tu

Starscream
05-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Jeff Baker looks good too, but they won't give him much playing time. What's the story on him? Career utility player or new guy who hasn't earned playing time yet?

Starscream
05-17-2011, 03:23 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2011/05/17/marty-brennaman-goes-off-on-cardinals/

Marty's take on the whining.:r

elderboy02
05-17-2011, 04:54 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2011/05/17/marty-brennaman-goes-off-on-cardinals/

Marty's take on the whining.:r

I love Marty Brennaman. He just tells it like it is :tu

elderboy02
05-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Reds win! Reds win! :banger :banger :banger :banger :banger

5 in a row! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Starscream
05-17-2011, 08:41 PM
No, more like Cubs lose, Cubs lose!:banger:banger:banger:banger:banger

They gift wrapped it and handed it to us on a silver platter with all of those errors. We were lucky tonight, but a win is a win and I'll take it anyway we can get it.

icehog3
05-18-2011, 12:48 AM
You're welcome. :td

chippewastud79
05-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Nothing like getting a win where the opposition has ZERO earned runs. Man, thank the lucky stars this division is so awful :tu

Starscream
05-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Nothing like getting a win where the opposition has ZERO earned runs. Man, thank the lucky stars this division is so awful :tu

Lucky us.:)

You see Stubbs' numbers for this month? He's starting to come around.:tu

chippewastud79
05-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Lucky us.:)

You see Stubbs' numbers for this month? He's starting to come around.:tu
The Reds definitely benefit from the worst division is baseball. They showed a stat during the game the other night that the Reds have the highest win percentage inside the division of any team in baseball since Jan. 2009 :rolleyes:

Yeah, finally, Only took him 2 years to get his average to almost .300. Nice to have such bad pitching to hit against lately. :tu

elderboy02
05-18-2011, 12:08 PM
..Nice to have such bad pitching to hit against lately. :tu

Yeah.. horrible pitching :rolleyes:

Carpenter and Zambrano are just pathetic :rolleyes:

chippewastud79
05-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Yeah.. horrible pitching :rolleyes:

Carpenter and Zambrano are just pathetic :rolleyes:

Yeah that one hit off Zambrano sure was a screamer :rolleyes:

Heck, he even has one more hit than strikeout now. He is almost out of the top 10, but he still averages more than one per game. :tu

One good week doth not a great season make. ;)

Starscream
05-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Yeah that one hit off Zambrano sure was a screamer :rolleyes:

Heck, he even has one more hit than strikeout now. He is almost out of the top 10, but he still averages more than one per game. :tu

One good week doth not a great season make. ;)

I'm more worried about Gomes and Janish at this point. Renteria too if he's gonna keep getting all of this playing time.

Starscream
05-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Reds lose! Reds lose!:banger:banger

Oh wait... :td:td:td

Sh!tty offense is finally catching up to us against a sh!tty team that has a decent defense.

elderboy02
05-19-2011, 04:56 AM
The pitcher for the Pirates was awesome last night.

chippewastud79
05-19-2011, 08:26 AM

Holy crap! The Reds lost and Dan made a post! :hm

Starscream
05-19-2011, 09:41 AM

Not really. We made him good in the same way the Cubs made us look good on Tuesday.
I know we're second in runs scored in the league (at least we were), but we seem to consistently make mediocre pitchers look like aces when we are at bat.

chippewastud79
05-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Reds D'oh! :bh :td :( :sh :hm

icehog3
05-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Cubs fans feel your pain, Pirates have had their number the last couple seasons.

Starscream
05-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Cubs fans feel your pain, Pirates have had their number the last couple seasons.

:r Thanks, Admiral... I think.:)

Starscream
05-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Another tough series this weekend.

Let's see how many times we can get Gomes to be in the lineup in this series.:r

chippewastud79
05-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Since the Reds are stinking it up lately, I checked in on my buddy from CMU, Josh Collmenter picked up his second win of the season yesterday (http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_05_19_atlmlb_arimlb_1&mode=recap_home&c_id=ari). Looks like the Reds could use him in their rotation. :tu

chippewastud79
05-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Gomes as the DH? Seriously? :hm

elderboy02
05-20-2011, 04:27 PM

Weaksauce :td

Starscream
05-20-2011, 06:26 PM

I told ya.:r
Let's see how many time we can get him into the lineup this series.:r I'd rather take my chances with the pitcher than Gomes hitting in that spot.

Question: Can the AL use the pitcher in the DH spot or is that not legal?

chippewastud79
05-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Stubbs and Gomes, 0'fer 8 in front of the reigning MVP:bh

I told ya.:r
Let's see how many time we can get him into the lineup this series.:r I'd rather take my chances with the pitcher than Gomes hitting in that spot.

Question: Can the AL use the pitcher in the DH spot or is that not legal?
Yes. :hm

elderboy02
05-21-2011, 06:36 AM
I have always thought Dusty was an idiot for his theory of "play the guys, they will hit their way out of their slump" Gomes should be sitting or released :2

chippewastud79
05-21-2011, 08:41 AM
I have always thought Dusty was an idiot for his theory of "play the guys, they will hit their way out of their slump" Gomes should be sitting or released :2

Must be fuming about Stubbs and Bruce being allowed to hit out of their slumps then. Remember around this time last year Stubbs was well below the Mendoza line. :rolleyes:

chippewastud79
05-21-2011, 08:55 AM
For those of you not sold on needing an upgrade at SS:

Reds SS vs SS production of other ML teams
.237 BA (21st)
.293 OBP (20th)
.571 OPS (27th)
Total errors from SS: 8 (24th)
Fielding % (24th)

Edgar Renteria 2 for last 29
Paul Janish 1 for last 22
Combined: 3 for last 51

:hm

Starscream
05-21-2011, 12:30 PM
For those of you not sold on needing an upgrade at SS:

Reds SS vs SS production of other ML teams
.237 BA (21st)
.293 OBP (20th)
.571 OPS (27th)
Total errors from SS: 8 (24th)
Fielding % (24th)

Edgar Renteria 2 for last 29
Paul Janish 1 for last 22
Combined: 3 for last 51

I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade there, but I still want that power option for LF that we've been promised since we got rid of Whiffey and Dunng.

chippewastud79
05-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Unfortunately, with the exception of batting average, SS appears to be more of an issue.

Reds LF vs LF production of other ML teams
.194 BA (28th)
.308 OBP (15th)
.696 OPS (14th)
9 HR (3rd)
25 RBI (10th)

Starscream
05-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately, with the exception of batting average, SS appears to be more of an issue.

Reds LF vs LF production of other ML teams
.194 BA (28th)
.308 OBP (15th)
.696 OPS (14th)
9 HR (3rd)
25 RBI (10th)

I don't agree with that assessment of matching up LF production vs other LF production. We have two spots that are weak offensively. A pick up at either would be great, but I would want the upgrade at the spot that is the weakest defensively which is LF IMHO. Janish can't hit, but he's a great defensive SS. He has had three errors this season, but that's not outrageous. Renteria is the problem there with five errors while playing a lot less than Janish.

chippewastud79
05-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm willing to include Gomes with Stubbs in the trade for Reyes, heck both their averages combined are about Reyes'. Not sure why he is still an everyday player, but everyone backs Stubbs and Bruce when they are in similar slumps. :hm

Obviously they need offensive help more than defensive right now. The Indians gave up 4 essentially unearned runs last night and the Reds still lost, two of the errors led to all 4 runs. They are also slowing down on run production severely recently. They still can't hit average to above-average pitching. :rolleyes:

elderboy02
05-21-2011, 02:11 PM
You gotta love the passion that Votto has. He gets so mad if he screws up. My boy Stubbs got a lead off single. Gomes does what he always does. Votto then grounds into double play and he was extremely upset with himself.

Starscream
05-21-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm willing to include Gomes with Stubbs in the trade for Reyes, heck both their averages combined are about Reyes'. Not sure why he is still an everyday player, but everyone backs Stubbs and Bruce when they are in similar slumps. :hm

Obviously they need offensive help more than defensive right now. The Indians gave up 4 essentially unearned runs last night and the Reds still lost, two of the errors led to all 4 runs. They are also slowing down on run production severely recently. They still can't hit average to above-average pitching. :rolleyes:
We have some obvious holes in the offense, but the FO is not gonna upgrade two spots (probably won't upgrade at all, but it's good discussion), so I still say find that good bat in LF.
Stubbs has come up a bit of late, but I'd make that trade in order to get Reyes right now. The bad thing is, if we were to get rid of him, he would turn into the next Josh Hamilton.:r

icehog3
05-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Look at the bright side, Guys....at least you're not Cubs fans. ;)

chippewastud79
05-21-2011, 05:02 PM
You gotta love the passion that Votto has. He gets so mad if he screws up. My boy Stubbs got a lead off single. Gomes does what he always does. Votto then grounds into double play and he was extremely upset with himself.

Stubbs gets on base one time! :tu .250 OBP! MVP! MVP! :D

Its too bad that Votto and Philips seem to be the only two that want to play most days. Votto is a pasionate player, he plays hard and I like it, he doesn't have much in front of him right now. He was probably mad because there was actually a base runner on for him today. In two days 1 for 16 out of Stubbs and Gomes in front of Votto, I'd be pissed too. Not like Stubbs who gets a fly ball caught and gets pissed because he swung at a bad pitch, I don't know why he expects to get on base as bad as he plays some days. :hm

chippewastud79
05-21-2011, 05:03 PM
We have some obvious holes in the offense, but the FO is not gonna upgrade two spots (probably won't upgrade at all, but it's good discussion), so I still say find that good bat in LF.
Stubbs has come up a bit of late, but I'd make that trade in order to get Reyes right now. The bad thing is, if we were to get rid of him, he would turn into the next Josh Hamilton.:r

Umm no. :td

Starscream
05-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Umm no. :td

Isn't that what happens to people we trade away?:r

All our pitchers wind up winning when they leave Cincy.

chippewastud79
05-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Isn't that what happens to people we trade away?:r

All our pitchers wind up winning when they leave Cincy.

Because Cincinnati couldn't win. If you go to a better team, by default you will get more wins. Cincinnati hasn't had a Halladay or a similar shut down pitcher. Cincinnati has pretty weak rotations in general, 3 (almost 4) of their starters would be fourth or fifth in most rotations. With the run support the pitching staff has got of late, it would be tough for most pitchers to win. Dusty also has a problem of leaving pitchers in too long and using bad pitchers out of the bullpen and they have already worn Chapman out (so much for the future starter/closer role). :sh

Not so much with subpar position players. Hamilton was phenomenal when he was here, they had no vision. Stubbs and Gomes combined < Hamilton. :tu

chippewastud79
05-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Sounds like Alonso is ready to go, this clears the way for the trade.
Gomes, Stubbs and Renteria, with a nice Double-A middle reliever.
Heisey to CF, Alonso to LF, Reyes to SS and lead-off, Janish plays back up to 3 of 4 IF positions. You upgrade two positions and get two better bats, one at leadoff.
Renteria gets put on assignment when he shows up and they have two sub par outfielders. :tu

Are you reading this Walt? :hm

Starscream
05-22-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm down with that. Alonso looks good. Hope he isn't a bust when he gets here, though.

chippewastud79
05-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Reds Ugh :bh :( :td :sh

Drew Stubbs 1 for 5! MVP! MVP! Nothing like a base hit in the bottom of the ninth when it means nothing. He did make it to 50 strikeouts today! :rolleyes:

chippewastud79
05-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Can someone explain why Volquez is still the #1 starter? Dan, you are a homer, do explain. :hm

Starscream
05-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Can someone explain why Volquez is still the #1 starter? Dan, you are a homer, do explain. :hm

Arroyo should be the #1 right now. I haven't given up on EV though. He's been light's out as of late after the first inning until today.

Today's game was an embarrassment. Only true offensive players right now are Phillips and Hernandez. Even Votto is below .300 as of late. He's been in a slump now for a couple of weeks.

chippewastud79
05-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Arroyo should be the #1 right now. I haven't given up on EV though. He's been light's out as of late after the first inning until today.

Today's game was an embarrassment. Only true offensive players right now are Phillips and Hernandez. Even Votto is below .300 as of late. He's been in a slump now for a couple of weeks.

Dusty needs to shake up this lineup, put someone in front of Votto who can get on base. Put Stubbs down to 8th and let him try to get on base for the pitcher to get bunted over. He hasn't been on base for Votto but one time during this recent run. Votto has struggled because he has to swing for the fences to have an effect on the game. :rolleyes:

Starscream
05-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Dusty needs to shake up this lineup, put someone in front of Votto who can get on base. Put Stubbs down to 8th and let him try to get on base for the pitcher to get bunted over. He hasn't been on base for Votto but one time during this recent run. Votto has struggled because he has to swing for the fences to have an effect on the game. :rolleyes:

With Phillips and Rolen behind him?:confused:

elderboy02
05-22-2011, 05:32 PM
With Phillips and Rolen behind him?:confused:

Remember, Adam thinks the only good player for the reds is Votto...

Starscream
05-22-2011, 05:48 PM

And Votto's struggling right now. Phillips is the better player this month.

chippewastud79
05-22-2011, 09:43 PM

Remember, Dan thinks that Stubbs is a future HOF'er and Bruce is the future MVP. :rolleyes:

I like Phillips, he and Votto are about the only players who come to play every day, as I have said before. :bh

Votto has had little opportunity to drive in runners with empty bases. Put some runners on for him and allow him to play baseball. Phillips is doing better because he is essentially a leadoff hitter for the second inning. ;)

Starscream
05-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Remember, Dan thinks that Stubbs is a future HOF'er and Bruce is the future MVP. :rolleyes:

I like Phillips, he and Votto are about the only players who come to play every day, as I have said before. :bh

Votto has had little opportunity to drive in runners with empty bases. Put some runners on for him and allow him to play baseball. Phillips is doing better because he is essentially a leadoff hitter for the second inning. ;)

Phillips, Votto, Hernandez, Hanigan, Rolen(?), Arroyo, and Cueto are the only ones who haven't looked horrible at this point. Hanigan can't hit, but he has decent at-bats and he calls a helluva game. Rolen and Cueto have been on the DL already too much, and Hernandez only gets limited field time. He should have been the DH every game in Cleveland. Hanigan behind the plate and Hernandez as DH.

Starscream
05-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Maloney and Frazier called up. Volquez and Smith sent down. Danny R Herrera has been DFA.

elderboy02
05-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Maloney and Frazier called up. Volquez and Smith sent down. Danny R Herrera has been DFA.

We should have made Gomes DFA.

Starscream
05-23-2011, 07:01 PM
And we should have left Maloney down in Louisville. Id take Willis over this clown, but Willis is hurt and probably about to go on the DL.

Starscream
05-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Piss poor pathetic. 6 straight.

chippewastud79
05-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Drew Stubbs 0'fer, 3K's. MVP! MVP! :rolleyes:

Man the Reds play a decent team or two and they can't come close to competing. Playoff rematch, my ass. They didn't even belong on the diamond with them. Below .500 against teams with a winning record, heck they have only played 11 games against winning teams and they stink up the joint. :td

Starscream
05-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Agreed.

elderboy02
05-23-2011, 08:37 PM
We suck right now :r

We will turn it around soon.

Starscream
05-23-2011, 08:39 PM
We suck right now :r

We will turn it around soon.

It was funny a couple of days ago. Now it just stinks.
Maybe this thread needs to be moved to the Thoughts and Prayers section.:sad

Once again, why was Maloney called back up?

elderboy02
05-24-2011, 04:59 AM
I think the more important question is why the heck is Gomes still on this team?

Starscream
05-24-2011, 06:46 AM
I think the more important question is why the heck is Gomes still on this team?

B/c he was a vital part to our team winning last year. Although he slumped in the second half of the season, it was Gomes that started the momentum last may which took us to first place. I think they're waiting for a while to see if he will get on a roll again, then trade him when it comes closer to the trade deadline. I'm not sure if he has options at this point, and it would be useless to have him DFA.

elderboy02
05-24-2011, 07:23 AM
...I'm not sure if he has options at this point, and it would be useless to have him DFA.

I would love to see him DFA'ed. No one is going to claim him and pay 1.25 million to a guy not hitting above .200. So, we can then send him to AAA. If he refuses, he gets no money.

Starscream
05-24-2011, 08:10 AM
I would love to see him DFA'ed. No one is going to claim him and pay 1.25 million to a guy not hitting above .200. So, we can then send him to AAA. If he refuses, he gets no money.

But he could be part of a trade bundle. I'd rather see us get something of value in return for him.

chippewastud79
05-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Did Dan actually just participate in sports discussion? :hm

More importantly, how come Dusty still hasn't shaken up this lineup? And why are they not seriously considering a package for Reyes? :sh

elderboy02
05-24-2011, 09:31 AM
But he could be part of a trade bundle. I'd rather see us get something of value in return for him.

I see what you are saying, but do you think we could actually get something in return for him?

elderboy02
05-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Did you guys see Joey Votto's SportsCenter commercial? It is pretty good. It is about halfway down on the page: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

Starscream
05-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Did Dan actually just participate in sports discussion? :hm

More importantly, how come Dusty still hasn't shaken up this lineup? And why are they not seriously considering a package for Reyes? :sh

Too far from trade deadline? It was posed to me on another board that most trades of any significance do NOT happen this early in the year. I looked it up, and other than the big trade with Piazza back in 98 (and that was due to personal conflicts), I couldn't find any.

Starscream
05-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Stubbs and Bruce look AWESOME tonight.:r

elderboy02
05-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Reds win! Reds win! :tu :banger :tu :banger :tu

Starscream
05-24-2011, 08:13 PM
...about damn time!

Starscream
05-24-2011, 08:14 PM
I missed Dan's smileys this week.

elderboy02
05-24-2011, 09:39 PM
I missed Dan's smileys this week.

I am glad I could cheer you up :banger :noon :noon :banger:noon

Starscream
05-25-2011, 07:12 AM
Frazier up, Frazier down. Moonlight Graham?

elderboy02
05-25-2011, 07:17 AM
Frazier up, Frazier down. Moonlight Graham?

elderboy02
05-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Uggghhhh.... top of the 16th. I think I am going to bed.

Starscream
05-25-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm with you, Dan. I'll find out how it ends in the morning...:hn

:sleep:

pnoon
05-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Cowards! :D

chippewastud79
05-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Sissies.:td

Probably better, you missed the Reds not being able to score on a position player pitching for the Phils. And some questionable decisions by Dusty :hm

Dan missed his boy going 0'fer in extras. Kind of like a normal game for him though I suppose. MVP!MVP! :rolleyes:

elderboy02
05-26-2011, 05:07 AM

Probably better, you missed the Reds not being able to score on a position player pitching for the Phils. And some questionable decisions by Dusty :hm

Dan missed his boy going 0'fer in extras. Kind of like a normal game for him though I suppose. MVP!MVP! :rolleyes:

Some people have jobs ;)

What did Dusty do?

Starscream
05-26-2011, 06:36 AM
Cowards! :D

:tg

I fell asleep about ten minutes too early.:td I saw Votto and Bruce's horrible at bats against the second baseman. That should have been the game winner there.

Three more outs and I would have made it.

chippewastud79
05-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Why are Reds batters even pulling their bats off their shoulders? Just go Drew Stubbs and watch pitches go by, if he strikes you out, more power to him. :sh

Dusty had pitchers in his bullpen, but stuck with the same guy even with the bases loaded and one out. Heck, they even had Arroyo, he only made it 2.2 innings the other day. :hm

Phillips had the game winning run but gets caught chatting it up and not paying attention :td

Stubbs looked poised for a career day at 2 for 4 with 2 runs. Then ends up thowing 3 K's in there and finished right on track at 2-9. Nice 'play' in the outfield dropping the fly ball after getting turned around twice leading to Ibanez's 'triple'. Is Reyes still available? :rolleyes:

elderboy02
05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
What Phillips did was stupid, but I am not going to give him a hard time about it. Think about how many games he has won us with his gold glove defense.

Starscream
05-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Phillips did look bad on that one last night. CoCo should have thrown a curveball rather than that fastball. PHillies couldn't hit curve balls all night. Stubbs looked horrible, Rolen 0-7, Bruce was great though, just couldn't produce later in the game. He put us in the game twice in one night. It was someone else's turn after that.

chippewastud79
05-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Reds get dominated again :bh

Starscream
05-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Bruce has come through as of late and Janish actually did something at the plate today. Hitting is SLOWLY coming around, but now our pitching has completely fallen apart. Bailey about to go on the DL? Jesus.

Atlanta's offense has been worse than ours lately, but I still say they kick our tails yet again...:hn
Phillies didn't have a single player in today's lineup that was above .300, so Atlanta will probably have a field day against us.

chippewastud79
05-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Drew Stubbs is so awesome! He went from 50 to 60 strikeouts in only 4 games. One away from first place :banger

elderboy02
05-27-2011, 09:02 PM
And this one belongs to the Reds! :noon :noon :noon :banger :tu

chippewastud79
05-27-2011, 09:38 PM
The Reds did a good job taking advantage of the errors today, got the bounces and the game. Not bad. 2-8 in the last 10 isn't great, but you have to start somewhere. :hm

Oh and Dan, defend your boy please. He is trying to play his way to Louisville the last few games. Its a good thing they can win when he doesn't get on base. Drew Stubbs for MVP! 0 for 6, 4 K's. Great stat line there :td

Starscream
05-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Forget about Stubbs, Bruce has become the man lately. Almost to .300, leads the NL in HRs, has become a clutch hitter. The only thing I can rag on him is his defense and high strikeout rate. I'll take strikeouts anyday if he can produce and win ballgames for us though.

chippewastud79
05-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Reds Bleh :td :bh :( :sh

Starscream
05-29-2011, 10:50 AM
We're not winning, but at least we're not getting our @$$es handed to us. Extra innings means we're competitive.

chippewastud79
05-29-2011, 03:13 PM
They've been out scored 40-67 over the last 11. Take out the two wins and its 29 - 63. I wouldn't exactly call that being competitive. :hm

Starscream
05-29-2011, 07:19 PM
They've been out scored 40-67 over the last 11. Take out the two wins and its 29 - 63. I wouldn't exactly call that being competitive. :hm

Take out the Pittsburgh and Cleveland games.

chippewastud79
05-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Why does Drew Stubbs always look so dumbfounded when he strikes out? He does it so often, you would think he would be used to it by now. :hm

elderboy02
05-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Dang.

Starscream
05-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Another day, another loss. This one lost by a blown call? What say you?

chippewastud79
05-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Another day, another loss. This one lost by a blown call? What say you?

In real time he is out, most replays are inconclusive, and even the best angle looks close. I think the umpire was definitely influenced by the fact the throw was well ahead of Janish. :2

The best offense in baseball scored one run, going to be tough to win. Looks like they can't hit good pitching again. Terrible lapses in judgement this road trip, even Phillips and Votto included. Need to get their heads right with the Brew Crew coming to town. And Stubbs looks like he is much more comfortable stinking up the joint. :td

chippewastud79
05-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Drew Stubbs, 20 strikeouts to 1 walk in the last 10 games, Reyes, 0 strikeouts in his last 10. Reyes leads all SS in nearly every offensive category. Stubbs leads the MLB in watching 3rd strikes. Can we make this trade now? An upgrade at two positions. Look at trying to get Liriano too and the Reds might be on to something. Janish can go to Minnesota, they need a SS, Reds can probably unload about 3 players per trade and get two huge upgrades. :hm

Starscream
05-29-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm off the Reyes bandwagon now. Yes, we need an upgrade at SS, but I'd rather not have the organization decide who to pay next year w/ the big contract: Reyes or Phillips. I'd rather have BP anyday.

Right now we need a starting pitcher who can get the job done. That's our priority. We need a pitcher, then another bat.

chippewastud79
05-29-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm off the Reyes bandwagon now. Yes, we need an upgrade at SS, but I'd rather not have the organization decide who to pay next year w/ the big contract: Reyes or Phillips. I'd rather have BP anyday.

Right now we need a starting pitcher who can get the job done. That's our priority. We need a pitcher, then another bat.

I like Phillips a lot, but maybe having one of the best middle infields will appeal to both of them. Also have to look to the attempt to keep Votto in 3 years. He doesn't want to play for a team playing like they have been lately. ;)

Reyes brings better defense, better offense, more speed and more knowledge to a young team. You need to spend money to make money. No one comes to the ballpark to watch Stubbs strike out. :2

Starscream
05-29-2011, 10:12 PM
I like Phillips a lot, but maybe having one of the best middle infields will appeal to both of them. Also have to look to the attempt to keep Votto in 3 years. He doesn't want to play for a team playing like they have been lately. ;)

Reyes brings better defense, better offense, more speed and more knowledge to a young team. You need to spend money to make money. No one comes to the ballpark to watch Stubbs strike out. :2

Castellini is too cheap to pay for all of that. If we only make one trade this year, right now we need an ace.

I agree about Votto. I hate it, but he's probably gone when his contract runs out.

chippewastud79
05-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Heisey starts for Stubbs, result is exactly the same, start the game with a strikeout. They might as well start every game with Brandon Phillips up with one out. :sh

elderboy02
05-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Bruce has been on a tear!

Starscream
05-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Bruce on FIRE!
Gomes possibly getting his stroke back?
Pitching not bad tonight.

chippewastud79
05-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Reds Win! :banger :tu :wo :D :)

elderboy02
05-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Reds win! Reds win! :banger:banger:banger:):tu

chippewastud79
05-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Stubbs for MVP! Only one strikeout today! :banger :tu :wo

Starscream
05-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Stubbs for MVP! Only one strikeout today! :banger :tu :wo

Bruce is working his way there.:tu Leads the NL in HRs and RBIs.:)

chippewastud79
05-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Bruce is working his way there.:tu Leads the NL in HRs and RBIs.:)

Bruce looks very good of late, his average is almost up to .290 so thats a plus. Its unfortunate that Votto can't get pitches to hit and doesn't have people on base for him lately. If they can make some improvements this team could be good, LF, CF, SS and a leadoff hitter would go a long way to help this team compete for the division. :tu

Starscream
05-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Bruce looks very good of late, his average is almost up to .290 so thats a plus. Its unfortunate that Votto can't get pitches to hit and doesn't have people on base for him lately. If they can make some improvements this team could be good, LF, CF, SS and a leadoff hitter would go a long way to help this team compete for the division. :tu

If Bruce stays consistent enough to hit in the four hole, then Votto might get some more pitches. That or move Bruce to the 3 spot and let Votto hit cleanup for a while.

chippewastud79
05-31-2011, 01:45 PM
If Bruce stays consistent enough to hit in the four hole, then Votto might get some more pitches. That or move Bruce to the 3 spot and let Votto hit cleanup for a while.

I don't like the idea of Votto leading off the second inning most days. If Bruce continues to play well, I think you have to move him to the two spot, have Brandon hit leadoff and put Stubbs down at #8. Although, Rolen hasn't looked good of late. Of course, when they trade Janish away in the package for Liriano and Stubbs in the package for Reyes, the whole lineup will change for the better. :tu

Starscream
05-31-2011, 02:00 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.:)
But at least we might win that way.

Starscream
05-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Stubbs for MVP:banger

elderboy02
06-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Stubbs for MVP:banger

I love how he struck out looking 2x yesterday :td

Starscream
06-01-2011, 07:05 AM
I don't like the idea of Votto leading off the second inning most days. If Bruce continues to play well, I think you have to move him to the two spot, have Brandon hit leadoff and put Stubbs down at #8.

But if you move him to the two spot, who's gonna provide protection for Votto. I'm tired of seeing him getting walked day in and day out. Bruce is the only one right now who would allow Votto to see more pitches. Bruce or Hernandez, but Hernandez is an aging catcher and can't run, so he has to bat down in the order.

Starscream
06-01-2011, 07:07 AM

Typical Stubbs.

chippewastud79
06-01-2011, 07:39 AM

Why are you surprised? He leads the MLB in K's looking, he watches more 3rd strikes right down the heart of the plate. After first swinging at a bad pitch, fouling off strike 2 and then watches the 3rd strike. :td

Heck he had 2 hits before he struck out 3 straight times. He is a terrible lead off hitter, he hasn't even drawn a walk in the last 10 games. :rolleyes:

Good news Dan, he took over 1st place last night :tu

Starscream
06-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Maybe he needs contact lenses.

chippewastud79
06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Maybe he needs contact lenses.

And a different spot in the batting order, or a new team :rolleyes:

elderboy02
06-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Reds win! Reds win! :banger:noon:tu:banger:xxx

Starscream
06-01-2011, 08:01 PM
:wo:wo

Starscream
06-01-2011, 08:02 PM
And a different spot in the batting order, or a new team :rolleyes:

chippewastud79
06-02-2011, 05:33 PM
I predict Drew Stubbs won't strike out a single time tonight. :r

Starscream
06-02-2011, 07:54 PM
I predict Drew Stubbs won't strike out a single time tonight. :r

Guaranteed! :r

chippewastud79
06-03-2011, 07:01 AM
I will be booing Stubbs in person tonight, can't wait. By the second or third time he strikes out I am sure I can get some fellow baseball fans to join in. :tu

Starscream
06-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Enjoy it, Adam.:tu I'm jealous. Haven't been to a Reds game in Cincy yet.:td

elderboy02
06-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Enjoy it, Adam.:tu I'm jealous. Haven't been to a Reds game in Cincy yet.:td

You need to come up! My brother and I are surprising my dad since it is his 50th birthday and we are taking him to a game in a couple weeks and we will be sitting in the Diamond Seats (right behind home plate). Maybe tune in and you will see our ugly mugs. It is all you can eat and drink. You have your own personal waiter/waitress. It is also fireworks night after the game :noon

Starscream
06-03-2011, 01:49 PM
You need to come up! My brother and I are surprising my dad since it is his 50th birthday and we are taking him to a game in a couple weeks and we will be sitting in the Diamond Seats (right behind home plate). Maybe tune in and you will see our ugly mugs. It is all you can eat and drink. You have your own personal waiter/waitress. It is also fireworks night after the game :noon
Let us know what day to watch for you. Enjoy it!:tu

You need to wear a Stubbs For MVP shirt so we know it's you, Dan.:D

elderboy02
06-03-2011, 04:58 PM

It is the Friday night in June when we play Toronto. Do you get to watch the games in NC?

elderboy02
06-03-2011, 08:10 PM
And this one belongs to the Reds! :noon :banger :tu :banger :)

chippewastud79
06-03-2011, 09:31 PM

It won't be hard to miss Dan, he sticks out like a sore arm. :tu

chippewastud79
06-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Stubbs wins :tu :banger :D :np :pu

Starscream
06-04-2011, 11:07 AM
It is the Friday night in June when we play Toronto. Do you get to watch the games in NC?

Not often. I do have mlbaudio and I listen in most every night. But there are some days where I can find a pirated broadcast or the rare occasion the game is on ESPN/Fox/WGN/TBS/Sportsouth.

chippewastud79
06-04-2011, 07:27 PM
What a deplorable outing by the bullpen :bh

elderboy02
06-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Nice Home Run by Drew Stubbs :banger

chippewastud79
06-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Nice Home Run by Drew Stubbs :banger

Yeah, 14 hits and now only 22 strikeouts in the last 11 games! MVP! MVP!:tu

Starscream
06-05-2011, 01:39 PM
What a deplorable outing by the bullpen :bh

...and the starter today.:hn

chippewastud79
06-05-2011, 04:11 PM
...and the starter today.:hn

Stubbs had a chance to extend the game, but he had to keep up his league leading K total. He is great at getting hits when they don't need them, nice 1 errr 2 :rolleyes: for 5 day today. :bh

Starscream
06-05-2011, 08:23 PM
A small tribute to the good ol' days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQyNYq1gHFM

elderboy02
06-05-2011, 08:33 PM
A small tribute to the good ol' days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQyNYq1gHFM

Nice! I have some good memories in there.

chippewastud79
06-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Reds Win! Reds Win! :tu :banger :D :banger :banger

Drew Stubbs 1 for 5, 2 K's maintains the league lead.

elderboy02
06-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Reds win! Reds win! :banger :) :) :tu :banger

Nice HR by Stubbs.

Starscream
06-07-2011, 07:30 AM
If we don't win this series, you can call this year as officialy done.

Tripple 7's
06-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Gomes performance yesterday was long overdue. Hoping his homers yesterday are motivation for the
entire team.

I miss the days of Johnny Bench,Pete Rose, Joe Morgan,Tony Perez, Dave Concepcion, Ken Griffey
all great players. Reds fanbase was massive back then. I didn't hear as much smack and trash talking
about the team as I do today.

Starscream
06-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Gomes performance yesterday was long overdue. Hoping his homers yesterday are motivation for the
entire team.

I miss the days of Johnny Bench,Pete Rose, Joe Morgan,Tony Perez, Dave Concepcion, Ken Griffey
all great players. Reds fanbase was massive back then. I didn't hear as much smack and trash talking
about the team as I do today.

There will probably never be another team like it. The Big Red Machine and the '27 Yankees come only once in a blue moon.

Hopefully Gomes can keep producing. I hate it for him, b/c he's a good guy, but unfortunately a good personality alone doesn't win baseball games.

Leake was the man yesterday as well. It's about time a pitcher in the rotation can give us 8 innings of baseball in one game.

elderboy02
06-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Reds win! Reds win! :banger:banger:banger:noon:tu

Starscream
06-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Two in a row? The team better not get cocky now.;)

Starscream
06-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Volquez looked decent tonight. Lowered his ERA a bit, cut his hair, and looks like he's got a slight bit more discipline on the mound. What's the bullpen going to do with virtually two days off? 8 innings by Leake yesterday, now 7 by Volquez.

chippewastud79
06-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Reds Win! :5 smilies:

Beating a team battling to stay out of the cellar better help their confidence. Luckily the leagues bottom 3 are shaping up to be terrible again this year. :tu

Starscream
06-08-2011, 12:43 PM
No go for Yoyo. :bh Here comes the pen to make it worse.:hn

Starscream
06-08-2011, 01:05 PM
the bottom half of our lineup is just freakin' pathetic.:bh PATHETIC!

elderboy02
06-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Crap, I forgot they played today. Maybe I will turn on the radio.

chippewastud79
06-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Man, they are bad on 'get away day' this season. :td

Stubbs should take notes from Fukudome on some patience to draw a walk, get on base and not strikeout in the leadoff spot. :hm

elderboy02
06-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Reds win! Reds win! :banger :) :tu :banger :tu

Starscream
06-10-2011, 12:02 PM
I did not expect a win last night.

elderboy02
06-10-2011, 12:02 PM
I did not expect a win last night.

Why not? We are awesome :D

Starscream
06-10-2011, 12:04 PM

:tf

chippewastud79
06-10-2011, 12:24 PM

:rolleyes:

Drew Stubbs is AWESOME! 0-4 and a K, taking the lead a little further last night, now he is up 3 :tu

Starscream
06-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Didn't see it, but looks like it was a beat down by looking at the score.

Reds win!

688sonarmen
06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Yeah it was, what did the Giants do to deserve that? Nice win!

chippewastud79
06-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Yeah it was, what did the Giants do to deserve that? Nice win!

Lincecum pitched like doo doo and the Reds took advantage, hell even Stubbs walked 3 times. :sh

elderboy02
06-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Reds win! Reds win! :banger :tu :banger :) :banger

Starscream
06-12-2011, 08:53 AM
, hell even Stubbs walked 3 times. :sh

:r:r:r

Starscream
06-12-2011, 08:53 AM
National tv tonight!:tu ESPN

elderboy02
06-12-2011, 08:54 AM
:banger

chippewastud79
06-12-2011, 12:06 PM
National tv tonight!:tu ESPN

Thankfully we don't have to listen to those Homers on FSN telling me that Drew Stubbs is the best leadoff hitter in baseball and Jay Bruce is the best RF in recent baseball history. :rolleyes:

chippewastud79
06-12-2011, 06:17 PM
"Drew Stubbs, not your typical leadoff hitter...... leads the MLB in strikeouts..... not very good as a lead off." :r Its nice to have the refreshing announcing of guys who aren't super homers. :tu

Starscream
06-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I know EV's a pitcher, but if he's gonna pitch in the bigs, he HAS to learn how to run the bases.:bh

elderboy02
06-12-2011, 09:33 PM
The Giants got lucky that they got Heisey out for the final out. The commentator even said that there was a "dangerous hitter with power" on deck. He was referring to Stubbs :tu

Starscream
06-12-2011, 09:52 PM
The Giants got lucky that they got Heisey out for the final out. The commentator even said that there was a "dangerous hitter with power" on deck. He was referring to Stubbs :tu

yeah, but Stubbs always chokes in those type of situations. When he starts swinging for the fences, it usually results in a K. I smelled a K coming a mile away, but the opportunity never arose.

chippewastud79
06-12-2011, 10:26 PM
The Giants got lucky that they got Heisey out for the final out. The commentator even said that there was a "dangerous hitter with power" on deck. He was referring to Stubbs
The Giants didn't get lucky in that series, the Reds got lucky the Giants keep losing players. The Giants lost their second baseman, for possibly the season, are playing without an All-Star catcher and Lincecum had the worst outting since his rookie year and the Reds could only win 2 out of 4.

Stubbs was due for another strikeout to extend his major league lead. Nothing like a lead off hitter with an OBP in the top 200 in the MLB and an average in the 180's in the league. :rolleyes:
Hahahahahaha. Thats funny. :r ;s

Stubbs pretty much showed tonight that he has nothing to do with this teams success or lack there of. He gets on base and they don't win, he strikes out 4 times a game and they can. Solution: trade him away for Reyes. :tu

Starscream
06-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Trolleydodgers then most of the AL East. Not a good sign for the Reds coming up.:hn

Starscream
06-13-2011, 07:20 PM
The Giants didn't get lucky in that series, the Reds got lucky the Giants keep losing players. The Giants lost their second baseman, for possibly the season, are playing without an All-Star catcher and Lincecum had the worst outting since his rookie year and the Reds could only win 2 out of 4.

Stubbs was due for another strikeout to extend his major league lead. Nothing like a lead off hitter with an OBP in the top 200 in the MLB and an average in the 180's in the league. :rolleyes:
Hahahahahaha. Thats funny. :r ;s

Stubbs pretty much showed tonight that he has nothing to do with this teams success or lack there of. He gets on base and they don't win, he strikes out 4 times a game and they can. Solution: trade him away for Reyes. :tu

As far as Stubbs is concerned, I'm not sure he should be traded, but he is definitely not a leadoff hitter. We need a leadoff hitter, but I think Stubbs would be much better in the 6-8 hole in the lineup each night. Yes, he leads the MLB in Strikeouts, but I'd take his offense anyday over Renteria's/Janish's/Gomes'/Lewis'.

Starscream
06-14-2011, 07:18 AM
We won last night. Where's Dan?

:wo:wo:banger:tu:banger

elderboy02
06-14-2011, 07:21 AM
And this one belongs to the Reds! :banger :banger :tu :) :banger

We won last night. Where's Dan?

I fell asleep last night after the 4th inning. The game was going so slow. Hiroki Kuroda is a human rain-delay. For crying out loud, throw a damn pitch!

Starscream
06-14-2011, 10:30 AM

I fell asleep last night after the 4th inning. The game was going so slow. Hiroki Kuroda is a human rain-delay. For crying out loud, throw a damn pitch!

You did better than me. I was out before it even started.

icehog3
06-14-2011, 10:39 AM

I saw some of the Reds game Sunday. That pitcher dude can really put some mustard on his fastball, and that one outfielder guy is fast as lightning.

elderboy02
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
I saw some of the Reds game Sunday. That pitcher dude can really put some mustard on his fastball, and that one outfielder guy is fast as lightning.

Come on Tom, you don't know that the pitcher is Travis Wood and the outfielder guy is Drew Stubbs? :r

You slay me Tom :r

icehog3
06-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Come on Tom, you don't know that the pitcher is Travis Wood and the outfielder guy is Drew Stubbs? :r

You slay me Tom :r

I like to watch the Reds, but I have to tune out those loudmouth announcers.

elderboy02
06-14-2011, 01:33 PM

chippewastud79
06-14-2011, 10:31 PM

You didn't know they are all destined to be MVP's, Gold Glover's and HOF'ers? :hm:rolleyes:

elderboy02
06-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Reds win! Reds win! :banger :tu :) :tu :banger

Starscream
06-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Cueto deserved that one. Best arm we've got right now.

Starscream
06-15-2011, 06:56 AM
I agree. If I must listen, I'd rather listen to the radio announcers, Marty and the Cowboy.
You didn't know they are all destined to be MVP's, Gold Glover's and HOF'ers? :hm:rolleyes:

Now all the rage is our gold glove all stars in the minor leagues. Cozart, Alonso, Frazier, and Sappelt.

elderboy02
06-15-2011, 07:02 AM
I agree. If I must listen, I'd rather listen to the radio announcers, Marty and the Cowboy.

:r Tom was responding to what I said in the NHL thread

Starscream
06-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Add five more Smilies to this thread b/c this one belongs to the Reds!

hotreds
06-15-2011, 04:32 PM
ah-yup!

elderboy02
06-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Reds win! Reds win! :banger :tu :) :tu :banger

Starscream
06-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Anybody think Houston would be interested in getting rid of Keppinger? I could see him coming back to be a utility player for us. Get rid of Renteria and he could take some games over Janish and even give BP a day or two off.

Kepp has some good numbers the past two years for Houston.

elderboy02
06-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Anybody think Houston would be interested in getting rid of Keppinger? I could see him coming back to be a utility player for us. Get rid of Renteria and he could take some games over Janish and even give BP a day or two off.

Kepp has some good numbers the past two years for Houston.

I would like to see him come back. He hit when he was with us. I don't know how he has been recently.

elderboy02
06-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Tonight is the night we will be in the Diamond Seats right behind home plate. Look for us :tu

chippewastud79
06-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Tonight is the night we will be in the Diamond Seats right behind home plate. Look for us :tu

Nice look at the same strikes Stubbs watched last night?:sh

elderboy02
06-18-2011, 05:17 PM
We had a great time last night. I have never seen an inside the park home run before in person. Stubbs is awesome. The fireworks were great as well. We were literally dead center of home plate.

Here are some pics:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z282/elderboy02/Reds%20Diamond%20Seats%206-17-11/2011-06-17_19-07-51_361.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z282/elderboy02/Reds%20Diamond%20Seats%206-17-11/2011-06-17_19-21-19_942.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z282/elderboy02/Reds%20Diamond%20Seats%206-17-11/2011-06-17_18-57-26_855.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z282/elderboy02/Reds%20Diamond%20Seats%206-17-11/2011-06-17_21-22-27_910.jpg

Starscream
06-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Awesome pics Dan! Who were the thick girls at home plate?

elderboy02
06-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Awesome pics Dan! Who were the thick girls at home plate?

They sang the Canadian National Anthem and our National Anthem. The dude standing on the pitchers mound is an eagle handler. During the National Anthem, they released a bald eagle from center field and he flew to the handler. :usa

chippewastud79
06-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Drew Stubbs 0 for his last 8 :banger 4 K's :tu An inside-the-park 'homerun' on a dropped fly ball. :r He'll be at 100 K's by the end of the week. MVP! MVP!

Starscream
06-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Reds win! Brewers look to be about to lose. We're about to be only two games back.

Starscream
06-19-2011, 02:20 PM
We had a great time last night. I have never seen an inside the park home run before in person. Stubbs is awesome. The fireworks were great as well. We were literally dead center of home plate.

Here are some pics:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z282/elderboy02/Reds%20Diamond%20Seats%206-17-11/2011-06-17_19-07-51_361.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z282/elderboy02/Reds%20Diamond%20Seats%206-17-11/2011-06-17_19-21-19_942.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z282/elderboy02/Reds%20Diamond%20Seats%206-17-11/2011-06-17_18-57-26_855.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z282/elderboy02/Reds%20Diamond%20Seats%206-17-11/2011-06-17_21-22-27_910.jpg

Did the attendance pick up later in the game, Dan? From those pics it looks like High Attendance Day for the Marlins.

Acesfull
06-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Drew Stubbs 0 for his last 8 :banger 4 K's :tu An inside-the-park 'homerun' on a dropped fly ball. :r He'll be at 100 K's by the end of the week. MVP! MVP!

Yeah I was arguing with my brother, with me saying he was garbage leading the league in SO and having a horrible OBP for a leadoff hitter. He needs to play because of his D and speed but he shouldn't be hitting leadoff till he gets his act together. When he does get on in the leadoff spot its almost a guaranteed run combining his speed with BP and Votto hitting behind him.

It was awesome to see them win today and was a great outing by Arroyo. Now its time for the Spankees.

chippewastud79
06-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Did the attendance pick up later in the game, Dan? From those pics it looks like High Attendance Day for the Marlins.

Reds fans are pretty fickle, besides special give-aways/Opening Day/certain Saturdays/Yankees, there are usually plenty of seats to be had. Weekday games are usually less than 'full'. :tu

Starscream
06-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Reds fans are pretty fickle, besides special give-aways/Opening Day/certain Saturdays/Yankees, there are usually plenty of seats to be had. Weekday games are usually less than 'full'. :tu

So another year that Bob can say, if you come to the ballpark, we'll invest more. Never ending circle.

Starscream
06-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah I was arguing with my brother, with me saying he was garbage leading the league in SO and having a horrible OBP for a leadoff hitter. He needs to play because of his D and speed but he shouldn't be hitting leadoff till he gets his act together. When he does get on in the leadoff spot its almost a guaranteed run combining his speed with BP and Votto hitting behind him.

It was awesome to see them win today and was a great outing by Arroyo. Now its time for the Spankees.

Nice to see Arroyo win a day game. Day games are usually the ones where he stinks the joint up.

chippewastud79
06-19-2011, 03:02 PM

He is definitely not a good lead-off hitter. He has less than remarkable selection of pitches and can't get on base. He is a decent power hitter, but his play is so streaky (except for his strikeouts). He should be batting 8th in the lineup so the pitcher can bunt him over the one time a game he gets on base. :tu

His defense is respectable but he loves taking bad jumps and letting fly balls drop, kind of like the one that got him a 'homerun' the other day. Looked like him and Bruce out there playing a high flyball. :rolleyes:

There are some here (Dan) who think he is a HOF'er in the making, but I think he is more like trade bait to get a real leadoff hitter back (Reyes). :2

chippewastud79
06-19-2011, 03:05 PM
So another year that Bob can say, if you come to the ballpark, we'll invest more. Never ending circle.

The Reds are a small market team and all of them in this area, despite being homers, don't turn out to watch games. Heck, I know people who are 'diehard' Reds fans that have been to fewer games this season than I. I like watching sports, particularly in person, but "the Reds 'till I die" fans don't seem to want to go to the ballpark. :rolleyes:

elderboy02
06-19-2011, 03:48 PM

Yes, the attendance picked up considerably. The attendance was 32,026

elderboy02
06-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Reds win! Reds win! :banger :tu :banger :) :tu

chippewastud79
06-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Stubbs 0-4 :banger :tu :D 0 K's :) :banger

chippewastud79
06-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Yes, the attendance picked up considerably. The attendance was 32,026
Only about 10,000 short of capacity, it was 'Fireworks Friday' :tu

Coach Deg
06-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Anyone coming to Florida for Rays vs Reds??

chippewastud79
06-20-2011, 06:15 PM

Maybe Andy, he is closer than I. Dan might have some free time. :tu

chippewastud79
06-20-2011, 06:16 PM
The news is getting better for the Reds, Pujols out with a broken arm. :sh

chippewastud79
06-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Drew Stubbs. 3 K's, one backwards :tu :r :D :banger

Starscream
06-21-2011, 08:12 AM

Maybe Andy, he is closer than I. Dan might have some free time. :tu

Nope. Way too far for me. I'll consider going to Atlanta, but that's about as far as I'll be willing to go right about now.

Starscream
06-21-2011, 08:13 AM
The news is getting better for the Reds, Pujols out with a broken arm. :sh

Tough year for the Cards this year. Surprised they're doing so well.

elderboy02
06-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Tough year for the Cards this year. Surprised they're doing so well.

Yeah, I just heard on the radio this morning that Pujols had the broken arm/wrist. Hopefully we can capitalize on it.

Starscream
06-21-2011, 05:45 PM
It's the NL Central. Of course we won't capitalize on it. Larussa is too good of a manager, and we've only scored 7 runs over the last 4 games. The Cards lost seven in a row at one point this season and still were in first place afterwards.

Good to see John Fay getting on board the Cozart bandwagon. If the Enquirer beat reporters keep hounding Walt and Dusty, then maybe we'll see a change at ss. Janish and Renteria just aren't getting the job done.

chippewastud79
06-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I just heard on the radio this morning that Pujols had the broken arm/wrist. Hopefully we can capitalize on it.

Joey Votto will likely capitalize, he looks to be the starter for the All-Star game by default. :tu

hotreds
06-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Reds DON't LOSE!:noon:noon:noon:banger:sl

chippewastud79
06-21-2011, 07:39 PM
It's the NL Central. Of course we won't capitalize on it. Larussa is too good of a manager, and we've only scored 7 runs over the last 4 games. The Cards lost seven in a row at one point this season and still were in first place afterwards.

Good to see John Fay getting on board the Cozart bandwagon. If the Enquirer beat reporters keep hounding Walt and Dusty, then maybe we'll see a change at ss. Janish and Renteria just aren't getting the job done.

The Reds still can't beat winning teams this season. See: 2010-2011 :td

Reyes can't get here fast enough to save the Reds from themselves, the leadoff position and SS. :rolleyes:

chippewastud79
06-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Reds DON't LOSE!

Zero K's for Stubbs today. :tu:noon:banger:D:)

Starscream
06-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Zero K's for Stubbs today. :tu:noon:banger:D

chippewastud79
06-22-2011, 09:50 AM

Moving Stubbs back in the lineup to get his stats up to .265 in time for the Reyes trade today :tu

elderboy02
06-22-2011, 10:03 AM
I checked the lineup for this afternoon. Drew Stubbs is batting 6th today. :hm

I think this is a good idea until Stubbs can reduce his strikeouts. What do you think Andy?

Starscream
06-22-2011, 10:43 AM
I like it. He's got the speed of a leadoff, but not much else. Who is leadoff today? Phillips?

Nevermind. I don't like it at all. Lewis hitting leadoff?:td That's worse than Stubbs. Give Heisey a shot there, or move Cozart up for the time being and let him hit leadoff for a few games.

chippewastud79
06-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Man, Leake looks terrible in this game and he is only down 2 :sh

I like it. He's got the speed of a leadoff, but not much else. Who is leadoff today? Phillips?

Nevermind. I don't like it at all. Lewis hitting leadoff?:td That's worse than Stubbs. Give Heisey a shot there, or move Cozart up for the time being and let him hit leadoff for a few games.
Lewis is looking decent in the leadoff and atleast had some patience in his at-bats and drove in the run on the sac-fly.

Stubbs is still 0-2 today but reached on an error and scored on an error :rolleyes:

chippewastud79
06-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Stubbs has led off 3 innings and without Pena having 3 errors he would be sitting on the bench 3 times. He did not strikeout yet, so maybe its working. :hm

chippewastud79
06-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Stubbs in the 6 looks a lot like the leadoff, no patience, no hits. He waited until his 4th AB to strikeout though, but he may have seen 12 pitches total this afternoon. :td

I like the way Lewis approached the leadoff roll, he had patience, fouled off pitches, and tried to put the ball in play. A few more opportunities to bat there and he could maybe be the right fit. The trade rumors have all but dried up, so this looks to be the team going forward. What say you Dan and Andy? :hm

Worst part of their play recently, the Reds can't score runs against 4 and 5 guys in the Yankees rotation and today they played about the weakest lineup the Yankees can put on the field. No Rodriguez (the reason they even had 2 runs with 3 E's by Pena), no Texeria, no Jeter and they are facing three pitchers that were in Triple-A to start the year. Luckily the weak division is all moving backwards right now :td

chippewastud79
06-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Stubbs on the bench tonight :hm Good move Dan? :confused:

Acesfull
06-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Yes... Stubbs should never play till he gets his act together..

Starscream
06-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Stubbs in the 6 looks a lot like the leadoff, no patience, no hits. He waited until his 4th AB to strikeout though, but he may have seen 12 pitches total this afternoon. :td

I like the way Lewis approached the leadoff roll, he had patience, fouled off pitches, and tried to put the ball in play. A few more opportunities to bat there and he could maybe be the right fit. The trade rumors have all but dried up, so this looks to be the team going forward. What say you Dan and Andy? :hm

Worst part of their play recently, the Reds can't score runs against 4 and 5 guys in the Yankees rotation and today they played about the weakest lineup the Yankees can put on the field. No Rodriguez (the reason they even had 2 runs with 3 E's by Pena), no Texeria, no Jeter and they are facing three pitchers that were in Triple-A to start the year. Luckily the weak division is all moving backwards right now :td
A trade may still happen, but it probably won't be what the fans want to see, as per usual.
At this point I say let's see what Cozart and maybe Alonso can do. LF and SS are killing us offensively this year. Heisey hasn't been bad, but being in a platoon role doesn't help him any.

Yes... Stubbs should never play till he gets his act together..
I wouldn't go that far, but Stubbs needs to sit for a few games and maybe he can get himself together.

Starscream
06-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Awesome win tonight!:tu

Too bad it wasn't against the Yankees' A team. But a win is a win.

elderboy02
06-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Reds win! Reds win! :banger :tu :banger :) :tu

chippewastud79
06-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Reds win! Reds win!
Stubbs sits, Reds win :tu
Heisey might be the answer to the leadoff spot after that display tonight. What do you think Dan? :confused:

chippewastud79
06-22-2011, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't go that far, but Stubbs needs to sit for a few games and maybe he can get himself together.

2 for his last 21 and 5 of 30 with 11 K's, he needs a nice long sit. I am not sure he has a 10 game stretch this season that he hasn't struck out atleast 10 times. Maybe a trip to Louisville would teach him some patience. :hm Good news, his STRIKEOUT total for this SEASON has now reached 100, or equal to the same number of WALKS he has in his CAREER. :td

Starscream
06-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Good news!

Looks like Renteria is about to get DFA and Cozart being called up. It's not official yet, but Lance and Fay are both reporting it's probably gonna happen today.

elderboy02
06-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Good news!

Looks like Renteria is about to get DFA and Cozart being called up. It's not official yet, but Lance and Fay are both reporting it's probably gonna happen today.

Good. I would like to see them DFA Fred Lewis as well.

Starscream
06-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah, but I hear the Reds are interested in Ludwick.:td

Really, I'd like to see one person in LF (Heisey) for at least 7-10 starts in a row.

elderboy02
06-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah, but I hear the Reds are interested in Ludwick.:td

Really, I'd like to see one person in LF (Heisey) for at least 7-10 starts in a row.

Yeah. I mean you need to reward someone when they hit 3 HR's off of the Yankees in 1 game :banger

chippewastud79
06-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Yeah. I mean you need to reward someone when they hit 3 HR's off of the Yankees in 1 game :banger

He could be the leadoff at that rate. :tu

Starscream
06-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Volquez needs to be sent back down.
Don't care if he's serious now b/c of his haircut.:rolleyes:

Heisey seems to feel at home in the leadoff spot.

chippewastud79
06-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Volquez needs to be sent back down.
Don't care if he's serious now b/c of his haircut.:rolleyes:

Heisey seems to feel at home in the leadoff spot.

Dan hasn't commented much about the change or responded to sports talk, probably because his team MVP is playing absolutely terrible of late. Stubbs needs to get knocked down to the 8th spot. :hm

Heisey seems to atleast have some patience and try to get on base, rather than striking out on 4 or 5 pitches. Could be the answer. :tu

Edit: Stubbs strikes out again while I am typing :td

Starscream
06-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Stubbs does not need to get knocked down to the 8th spot. Stubbs needs to sit for 8 games.

secretsquirrel
06-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Sam LeCure looks like player from the early 80's that just got off a night of binge drinking but he throwin well.

Starscream
06-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Sam LeCure looks like player from the early 80's that just got off a night of binge drinking but he throwin well.

He's reminds me of an old cowboy. With his looks and his mentality. Cool and consistent.

Marty just said that Davey Johnson might be named the Nats manager as early as tomorrow. I'd love to see ol' Davey back in action again.

elderboy02
06-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Stubbs does not need to get knocked down to the 8th spot. Stubbs needs to sit for 8 games.

I agree.

Starscream
06-24-2011, 09:04 PM
That was a horrible last two innings. Stubbs sucks. Janish looked ok, but I still want Cozart called up. Votto's looked like crap lately too. Tied for third with the Pirates.:td

chippewastud79
06-25-2011, 03:12 PM
I agree.

Note the day that Dan said Stubbs sucks. He pretends to love him, but he really knows how terrible he is. :rolleyes:

chippewastud79
06-25-2011, 03:13 PM

He needs a trip to Louisville, but no one will send him there. :td