Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

hotreds
07-11-2010, 05:46 AM
How did Dusty fail tonight? We are still in 1st place :confused:

General "fail."

chippewastud79
07-11-2010, 10:58 AM
General "fail."

It just looks like the tables may be beginning to turn on the Reds luck. 3 last at-bat wins for the opposition. If this keeps up we are going to be in a world of hurt in the second half. Good thing the division still sucks. :tu

elderboy02
07-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Jesus....

hotreds
07-11-2010, 05:39 PM
has nothing to do with it!

Starscream
07-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Looking forward to the break.

chippewastud79
07-12-2010, 06:01 PM
MC Hammer at the Ballpark Friday :tu

elderboy02
07-12-2010, 06:08 PM
MC Hammer at the Ballpark Friday :tu

You going to go see him?

chippewastud79
07-12-2010, 08:00 PM
You going to go see him?

Oh sure, he better play that old school stuff too. :tu

Starscream
07-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Oh sure, he better play that old school stuff too. :tu

Enjoy the old skool experience.:tu I thought about making a road trip for it but decided against it.

elderboy02
07-14-2010, 05:00 AM
Enjoy the old skool experience.:tu I thought about making a road trip for it but decided against it.

Do you still have any parachute pants?

Starscream
07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Do you still have any parachute pants?

Not since the sixth grade.:D

chippewastud79
07-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Good news for the Reds, they have the weakest second half schedule of any MLB team. Only 25 games against teams with a winning record. :tu

elderboy02
07-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Good news for the Reds, they have the weakest second half schedule of any MLB team. Only 25 games against teams with a winning record. :tu

:banger I heard that on ESPN radio the other day. Buster Olney, the ESPN insider said the Reds will win the division :banger

The only thing that scares me is that they have to play all the West Coast teams, and they typically don't do well in that time zone.

Starscream
07-15-2010, 11:36 AM
:banger I heard that on ESPN radio the other day. Buster Olney, the ESPN insider said the Reds will win the division :banger

The only thing that scares me is that they have to play all the West Coast teams, and they typically don't do well in that time zone.

West coast is bad news for us normally.

chippewastud79
07-15-2010, 03:22 PM

Buster said on SportsCenter this morning he likes the Cardinals to win the division, because their schedule is fairly weak (not as weak as ours) but they are the better team. :r

chippewastud79
07-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Only a half game up :bh

Luckily, we have the power of the Hammer pants tonight and playing weak teams while the Cardinals play some tougher games. And we are missing Jimenez because he pitched the All-Star game. :tu

ChicagoWhiteSox
07-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Any Red's fans see this. I found it funny:r

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Reds-Votto-dislikes-Cubs-disses-All-Star-teamm?urn=mlb%2C256004

elderboy02
07-17-2010, 12:31 AM
Any Red's fans see this. I found it funny:r

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Reds-Votto-dislikes-Cubs-disses-All-Star-teamm?urn=mlb%2C256004

I heard that the other day. My respect for Votto has increased even though I already liked him.

Reds win! Reds win! :banger

chippewastud79
07-17-2010, 01:49 PM
I heard that the other day. My respect for Votto has increased even though I already liked him.

Its a dick head move. I don't care if you don't go out to dinner with the guy after the game, but he made a good play in an AllStar game that gave the NL home field advantage and a win for the first time in 15 years. Now maybe its not a big deal for the NL to have home field advantage for the Reds because they won't be there. Give the guy a high five. :2

chippewastud79
07-17-2010, 01:50 PM
MC Hammer rocked the house, but I think no one else knew any of the songs but me. :tu

Starscream
07-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Its a dick head move. I don't care if you don't go out to dinner with the guy after the game, but he made a good play in an AllStar game that gave the NL home field advantage and a win for the first time in 15 years. Now maybe its not a big deal for the NL to have home field advantage for the Reds because they won't be there. Give the guy a high five. :2
I tend to agree, but I also like the fact that he is a diehard fan of his own team.
MC Hammer rocked the house, but I think no one else knew any of the songs but me. :tu

:r:r Glad you had a good time!:tu

chippewastud79
07-17-2010, 02:03 PM
I tend to agree, but I also like the fact that he is a diehard fan of his own team.

Again, if he doesn't want to go to the dinner with the guy, thats fine. He may play for the Cubs some day. Who knows? We aren't talking Red Sox-Yankees here. The Cubs are hardly relevant this year and the Reds haven't been in years, there isn't a huge rivalry, its not a head-to-head game and it was irrelevant to either of them individually, give the guy a high five. :rolleyes:

Starscream
07-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Again, if he doesn't want to go to the dinner with the guy, thats fine. He may play for the Cubs some day. Who knows? We aren't talking Red Sox-Yankees here. The Cubs are hardly relevant this year and the Reds haven't been in years, there isn't a huge rivalry, its not a head-to-head game and it was irrelevant to either of them individually, give the guy a high five. :rolleyes:

Anything good from the 90 team last night? I hear Eric Davis (The MAN!) said that they weren't Lou's team. They were still Pete's team. And Lou made an appearance on the screen w/ his Cubs hat still on.

Starscream
07-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Sabo inducted into Reds Hall of Fame last night.

Starscream
07-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Travis Wood was Awesome today. Too bad our offense couldn't get the job done. Ten left stranded...

elderboy02
07-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Travis Wood was Awesome today. Too bad our offense couldn't get the job done. Ten left stranded...

Yeah. Nice job by Brandon Phillps today. 0-5 :td

smitdavi
07-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah. Nice job by Brandon Phillps today. 0-5 :td

Can't fault him...looks like the entire team fell flat today. If I'm not mistaken he had a HR and 3 RBI's last night.

elderboy02
07-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Can't fault him...looks like the entire team fell flat today. If I'm not mistaken he had a HR and 3 RBI's last night.

I know... I just hate his constant HR swing. In the last at bat of the game, all the closer threw him were breaking balls down and away. Rather than just make contact, he kept swinging for the fences :td

chippewastud79
07-18-2010, 10:24 PM
I know... I just hate his constant HR swing. In the last at bat of the game, all the closer threw him were breaking balls down and away. Rather than just make contact, he kept swinging for the fences :td

Kind of like the rest of our team. There is no true leadoff hitter on the team. 2 out of 3 isn't bad, would have been only one if we faced Jimenez, but we got two wins off a bad team. On to another bad team next too. :tu

Starscream
07-19-2010, 04:05 PM

It was a bad at bat, but you can't blame him for the loss. It was a team effort. The only one who gets no blame in this one is Wood.

elderboy02
07-21-2010, 11:36 AM

Facing Strasburg tonight....

Starscream
07-21-2010, 11:40 AM

Facing Strasburg tonight....

I'm nervous about this one. I hope we light him up!

elderboy02
07-21-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm nervous about this one. I hope we light him up!

That would be awesome! :tu

Starscream
07-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Not looking good tonight... I'm guessing we'll be 1 1/2 back in the morning.

elderboy02
07-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I am not sure what to think about them signing Isringhausen. Thoughts?

waffle
07-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Uggh down 3 in the top of the 9th... welp there goes the wildcard too...

Starscream
07-21-2010, 08:40 PM
I am not sure what to think about them signing Isringhausen. Thoughts?
It's a waste IMHO.
Uggh down 3 in the top of the 9th... welp there goes the wildcard too...

I'm depressed too, but it's not over yet.:tu

Starscream
07-21-2010, 08:47 PM
How is it that Cabrera is all of a sudden turning into a hitting machine, yet the rest of the team is looking pathetic as of late? Game over...:td

waffle
07-21-2010, 08:57 PM
How is it that Cabrera is all of a sudden turning into a hitting machine, yet the rest of the team is looking pathetic as of late? Game over...:td

The real issue is the hot and cold streaks the Reds get into... 7 runs in one game... none in the next.... grrrr I wanna see another world series in Cincinnati... I was 7 and went to both games in Cincinnati... what an experience!!!!

chippewastud79
07-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Got to keep the Cards losing, because we certainly aren't looking good right now. :td

Why does Drew Stubbs suck so bad? :hm

icehog3
07-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Got to keep the Cards losing, because we certainly aren't looking good right now. :td

Right in the thick of the wild card race with Colorado and San Fran, though. Good be worse,,,could be the Cubs. :r

Starscream
07-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Right in the thick of the wild card race with Colorado and San Fran, though. Good be worse,,,could be the Cubs. :r

True dat.

chippewastud79
07-23-2010, 07:25 PM
True dat.

By the end of the season I doubt the second place in the team figures to be the wild card team though. :hm

elderboy02
07-23-2010, 09:14 PM

waffle
07-23-2010, 09:15 PM
By the end of the season I doubt the second place in the team figures to be the wild card team though. :hm

That's what I'm worried about as well. The Reds need to win out if they want to have a shot at postseason...

chippewastud79
07-24-2010, 01:21 PM
That's what I'm worried about as well. The Reds need to win out if they want to have a shot at postseason...

Considering the Reds and Cardinals have enough games left against each other that one of them could have ten more losses than the other, I don't think its going to look good for the second place team in the division. The winner of the division will likely lose the first round of the playoffs regardless, this division is too weak and doesn't shape up well for a post season run :rolleyes:

Starscream
07-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Jayson Werth is available. Anyone else other than me think this could be a good trade? Move him to CF or LF?

chippewastud79
07-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Jayson Werth is available. Anyone else other than me think this could be a good trade? Move him to CF or LF?

We could use a decent CF :tu

chippewastud79
07-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Reds win :banger

Stubbs still sucks :td

elderboy02
07-28-2010, 05:14 AM

waffle
07-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Reds win :banger

Stubbs still sucks :td

:tpd: I have a love/hate relationship with games that look like they could be just a long bomb free-for-all. I think it really messes with a pitcher's head when he is getting "yarded" a bunch. On the other hand, I love to see it when its our team doing the "yarding".

Starscream
07-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Hopefully Wood can get that much deserved 1st W today.:gl

elderboy02
07-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I heard on talk radio that the Reds may be shoppers for Podsednik. Hmmm...

Starscream
07-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I heard on talk radio that the Reds may be shoppers for Podsednik. Hmmm...

And get rid of Gomes? No thank you. As a replacement for Stubbs, I'd consider it.

Starscream
07-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Looks like Wood isn't gonna get a win today either. He's doing great, but the Redlegs just aren't hitting today. Why can't we get hits off of the worst pitchers in the league?

elderboy02
07-28-2010, 01:43 PM
And get rid of Gomes? No thank you. As a replacement for Stubbs, I'd consider it.

They were saying that he would replace Stubbs. Podsednik is a legit leadoff hitter which we don't have.

Starscream
07-28-2010, 02:00 PM
They were saying that he would replace Stubbs. Podsednik is a legit leadoff hitter which we don't have.

We do need a leadoff hitter, and his avg. and obp. are good, but I'd rather have a power hitter to help us produce right now. But then again... BP and Cabrerra might produce more if we take them out of the one and two spots.

Starscream
07-28-2010, 05:37 PM
BP with a grand slam! Wood gets his first win!

smitdavi
07-28-2010, 06:00 PM
BP with a grand slam! Wood gets his first win!

Finally....seemed like every time Wood took the rubber he was spectacular and we couldn't give him any run support.

Starscream
07-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Finally....seemed like every time Wood took the rubber he was spectacular and we couldn't give him any run support.

He almost didn't get the win today either. We didn't wake up until the sixth. Thankfully the bullpen hadn't gone in yet.

elderboy02
07-28-2010, 07:23 PM

smitdavi
07-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Looks like Posednek is going to the Dodgers

Starscream
07-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Looks like Posednek is going to the Dodgers

I was just about to post the same thing, David.

chippewastud79
07-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Anyone else suprised that the Reds haven't made a move at the deadline? We are in the market for an outfielder who can hit and some starting pitching but while the teams around the league get stronger, we sit and watch. :hm

And why does Drew Stubbs suck so bad? :confused:

elderboy02
07-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Man, Stubbs sucked big time last night.

chippewastud79
07-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Man, Stubbs sucked big time last night.

He sucks big time all the time. He is batting .059 in his last 10 and 15 K's. :td

chippewastud79
07-31-2010, 08:57 PM
This just in: Drew Stubbs is absolutely terrible. :td

elderboy02
07-31-2010, 09:41 PM

waffle
08-01-2010, 10:03 AM
I honestly can't believe they didn't make a single move... what did we have nothing to trade? Uggh!

elderboy02
08-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Stubbs is out of the lineup today. Heisey starts :banger

chippewastud79
08-01-2010, 10:39 AM
I honestly can't believe they didn't make a single move... what did we have nothing to trade? Uggh!

:tpd: Were we not in the market for a CF or a SP or someone to bolster the bullpen? Down the stretch I feel we are going to fall apart. If someone goes on the DL we could be in a world of hurt, unless ofcourse its Stubbs. :hm

Jockety says they are happy with where we are at and that we have a good core of young players behind them. So why aren't we trying to find some players from Louisville to fill the spots of our crappy players? :bh

waffle
08-01-2010, 12:48 PM
And why sign Isringhausen to leave in the minors???

Starscream
08-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Anyone else suprised that the Reds haven't made a move at the deadline? We are in the market for an outfielder who can hit and some starting pitching but while the teams around the league get stronger, we sit and watch. :hm

And why does Drew Stubbs suck so bad? :confused:

I was a bit upset that we didn't get Werth. A lot of people are saying that the Front Office has given up on this season b/c we didn't make any trades, but I'm not so sure. Castellini may not be a pot of gold, but Jocketty is competitive. I think this is W. Jocketty's plan to stick with what we have. He is secretive and makes some strange decisions from time to time but if you look at his track record you almost have to trust his instincts.

chippewastud79
08-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I was a bit upset that we didn't get Werth. A lot of people are saying that the Front Office has given up on this season b/c we didn't make any trades, but I'm not so sure. Castellini may not be a pot of gold, but Jocketty is competitive. I think this is W. Jocketty's plan to stick with what we have. He is secretive and makes some strange decisions from time to time but if you look at his track record you almost have to trust his instincts.

I am still not sold on the lineup they put on the field everyday. They have a severe need for a true leadoff hitter, better outfielders (particularly in center), some help in the bullpen and a starting pitcher. Down the stretch if they lose Rolen or Votto, they are in trouble and if they lose both, they might as well call it a day. Everyone else in the NL who is a threat got better except us. Luckily we play in the cupcake division and play all losing teams down the stretch so there is still hope. If they make it to the playoffs, I suspect a quick exit. :hm

elderboy02
08-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't have a problem with them not making a trade. We are in 1st place after all. St. Louis did us a favor by trading away Ludwig for a 4th started. They have not been good at scoring runs.

Starscream
08-02-2010, 07:26 PM
I am still not sold on the lineup they put on the field everyday. They have a severe need for a true leadoff hitter, better outfielders (particularly in center), some help in the bullpen and a starting pitcher. Down the stretch if they lose Rolen or Votto, they are in trouble and if they lose both, they might as well call it a day. Everyone else in the NL who is a threat got better except us. Luckily we play in the cupcake division and play all losing teams down the stretch so there is still hope. If they make it to the playoffs, I suspect a quick exit. :hm

Playoffs? Playoffs? Any Reds team that makes the playoffs at this point is a major upgrade from teams past in recent history. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm happy with a winning record this year. I think we will be better off than many think at this point though. If we make it to the playoffs, the Braves and Padres will be very tough though.

chippewastud79
08-02-2010, 07:42 PM
I don't have a problem with them not making a trade. We are in 1st place after all. St. Louis did us a favor by trading away Ludwig for a 4th started. They have not been good at scoring runs.

Ofcourse you don't have a problem, you are the eternal optimist with no subjective insights. ;)

chippewastud79
08-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Playoffs? Playoffs? Any Reds team that makes the playoffs at this point is a major upgrade from teams past in recent history. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm happy with a winning record this year. I think we will be better off than many think at this point though. If we make it to the playoffs, the Braves and Padres will be very tough though.

It is a good sign if they can end with a winning record, but past indications will show they will likely dump some of their best players in favor of a farm system that hasn't produced much (particularly in the batters box). To this point in the season it seems like a perfect storm that is keeping the Reds in the hunt (bad division, last at-bat wins and St. Louis playing like trash) and the offseason may do a lot more harm than good. :2

elderboy02
08-02-2010, 07:53 PM

Starscream
08-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Cards lose! Cards lose!:banger

waffle
08-03-2010, 08:10 AM

So I was pissed off that we didnt make any trades until I listened to Lance on 1530 last night, he made some very valuable points. We have amazing talent in AAA that is absolutely lighting it up... Dickerson is hitting above .400, just brought Springer up, have Isringhausen, have Harang, have Bailey... we didn't make a trade because we can cherry pick the guys that are on rehab assignments and if they dont pan out, its not costing us anything. The best move will be the Dickerson up and Stubbs taken out back and shot... I'm all for that one :D... after all whats the point of have a river so close if you cant throw a few crappy players in it??

elderboy02
08-03-2010, 08:16 AM
So I was pissed off that we didnt make any trades until I listened to Lance on 1530 last night, he made some very valuable points. We have amazing talent in AAA that is absolutely lighting it up... Dickerson is hitting above .400, just brought Springer up, have Isringhausen, have Harang, have Bailey... we didn't make a trade because we can cherry pick the guys that are on rehab assignments and if they dont pan out, its not costing us anything. The best move will be the Dickerson up and Stubbs taken out back and shot... I'm all for that one :D... after all whats the point of have a river so close if you cant throw a few crappy players in it??

I listened to Lance yesterday as well. I heard the same thing. That is why I am not upset that we didn't make a move. You have to remember that Adam is an eternal pessimist and will never be happy ;) Give Adam a gold brick, and he will not be happy that you didn't give him 4 gold bricks ;)

chippewastud79
08-03-2010, 09:32 AM

Don't listen to Dan, he is a homer. Always a homer. If we have all this AAA talent, why aren't they helping us? Why is Stubbs still an everyday player if he is batting .229? Like I said, it feels like the perfect storm, in any other division we are likely not even in contention. :rolleyes:

elderboy02
08-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Don't listen to Dan, he is a homer. Always a homer. If we have all this AAA talent, why aren't they helping us? Why is Stubbs still an everyday player if he is batting .229? Like I said, it feels like the perfect storm, in any other division we are likely not even in contention. :rolleyes:

Adam, that is one thing, I agree on. Stubbs needs to go down to Loiusville. Bring up Dickerson who is hitting .400 :tu

Starscream
08-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Here's a hilariuos article by Paul Daugherty:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daugherty/2010/08/03/the-morning-line-83/

Manny to Cincy!:r

elderboy02
08-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Here's a hilariuos article by Paul Daugherty:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daugherty/2010/08/03/the-morning-line-83/

Manny to Cincy!:r

I like Daugherty. He is one hell of a writer.

Starscream
08-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I like Daugherty. He is one hell of a writer.

I normally like his stuff too but this is just dumb.

elderboy02
08-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I normally like his stuff too but this is just dumb.

Ughhh.. Your avatar is screwing with me. I can't find my posts in the thread :r

Starscream
08-03-2010, 09:21 PM

Peter said we were twins separated at birth (see my cut line).:tu:D

elderboy02
08-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Peter said we were twins separated at birth (see my cut line).:tu:D

I know ;)

chippewastud79
08-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Adam, that is one thing, I agree on. Stubbs needs to go down to Loiusville. Bring up Dickerson who is hitting .400 :tu

A week ago you were still proclaiming that Stubbs was the 'next big thing' :r

chippewastud79
08-04-2010, 09:12 AM

Just look at every other post and if that fails, just look for the ones that don't have anything to do with sports discussion. :r

elderboy02
08-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Just look at every other post and if that fails, just look for the ones that don't have anything to do with sports discussion. :r

I hate you! :r

Starscream
08-04-2010, 10:09 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving to chippewastud79 again.

:r:r

Starscream
08-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Janish is the MAN!:tu

elderboy02
08-04-2010, 06:28 PM

Starscream
08-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Looking good so far today!

Starscream
08-06-2010, 03:10 PM
And this one belongs to the Reds!

elderboy02
08-06-2010, 09:37 PM

Starscream
08-07-2010, 02:24 AM

Don't try to change avatars on me twin brother.:)

smitdavi
08-07-2010, 06:40 AM
I will be at the game tomorrow :D

elderboy02
08-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Don't try to change avatars on me twin brother.:)

Damn, I can't stand having the same avatar. It is messing me up.

elderboy02
08-07-2010, 02:09 PM

Starscream
08-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I will be at the game tomorrow :D
Have fun, David!:tu
Damn, I can't stand having the same avatar. It is messing me up.

:r

Cordero needs to come down with some "mysterious" injury and be placed on the DL. He friggin' sucks! He almost blew a 3-0 game. Walk Walk Walk HBP...

elderboy02
08-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Change your avatar!

smitdavi
08-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Taking off for Chicago here in a bit. I'll be sure to take some pictures :)

Go Reds!!!

Starscream
08-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Looking good today! Despite the rain and the B-team playing today, you picked a good day to go see the Reds (providing that they don't blow it late in the game), David.:tu

macsauce13
08-08-2010, 02:29 PM
UH-oh. NOT a good half inning!

elderboy02
08-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Looking good today! Despite the rain and the B-team playing today, you picked a good day to go see the Reds (providing that they don't blow it late in the game), David.:tu

Nice job by Fransisco :td

Hey Andy, change your avatar! :su

smitdavi
08-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Had a great time and the weather was beautiful once the game started. Gotta see Votto hit a bomb which was pretty sweet.

Starscream
08-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Nice job by Fransisco :td

Hey Andy, change your avatar! :su
:tg You're no fun, twin brother.
Had a great time and the weather was beautiful once the game started. Gotta see Votto hit a bomb which was pretty sweet.

:np

Cards game is postponed so we're gonna start the series up two games.:tu All we have to do to stay in 1st is win one game in the series. I hope we sweep 'em anyways.

elderboy02
08-08-2010, 05:59 PM
LOL. I still like you Andy :r

hotreds
08-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Andy and Dan twins?

http://cdn-redboxblog.bluebox-placeholder.com/wp-content/uploads/old_blog_images/6a00e5510dc3dd883301156fafa9e7970c-pi.jpg

Starscream
08-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Andy and Dan twins?

http://cdn-redboxblog.bluebox-placeholder.com/wp-content/uploads/old_blog_images/6a00e5510dc3dd883301156fafa9e7970c-pi.jpg

I'm the Governator.:su

elderboy02
08-08-2010, 07:47 PM
LOL

chippewastud79
08-09-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm the Governator.:su

Dan is definitely Danny Devito :r

elderboy02
08-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Not sure I like the trade of Edmonds for Dickerson :hm

Starscream
08-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Not sure I like the trade of Edmonds for Dickerson :hm

What's not to like? We haven't seen Dickerson all year, so we're not losing anything. Edmonds, 40, is hitting .286/.350/.497 for the Brewers in 217 at-bats this year. Hes played 47 games in the center, 13 in right and three at first base.Per Jon Fay.

Plus, he's hitting .293/.358 against righties.

No one was counting down the days until Dickerson was called back up. This may very well be an advantage for us. Edmonds probably won't be much of a starter, more of a defensive sub later in the games, but he's still got some pop in his bat.

I bet Fransisco will be the one to get replaced on the 25 man roster.

Starscream
08-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Rolen, Isringhausen, Edmonds... It's like a Cards 2006 reunion.:R

elderboy02
08-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I see your point Andy, but I mean, he probably won't play next year. Dickerson was hitting like .400 in AAA.

elderboy02
08-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Andy, they are talking about the deal right now. You can listen online: http://www.espn1530.com/mediaplayer/?station=WCKY-AM&action=listenlive&channel_title=

I guess it was an OK deal. Dickerson did get hurt alot.

Starscream
08-09-2010, 01:28 PM
I see your point Andy, but I mean, he probably won't play next year. Dickerson was hitting like .400 in AAA.

Next year doesn't matter right now. We have to get to the playoffs this year.

Dickerson is a poor team player, so would you really want someone like him playing for us next year? We don't need to ruin the team attitude and atmosphere by bringing back up one bad apple. Remember Spring Training this year? It was all about Dickerson and not about team.

Edmonds will only be here for the remainder of the season but as a seasoned vet who's helped bring championships to teams he played for is a SURE THING to be a positive on the overall atmosphere and attitude in the locker room right now.

Starscream
08-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Andy, they are talking about the deal right now. You can listen online: http://www.espn1530.com/mediaplayer/?station=WCKY-AM&action=listenlive&channel_title=

I guess it was an OK deal. Dickerson did get hurt alot.

A whole lot! Dickerson seems to be very frail.

Who is this Lance McAlister? He's pretty good.

elderboy02
08-09-2010, 01:48 PM
A whole lot! Dickerson seems to be very frail.

Who is this Lance McAlister? He's pretty good.

He is on everyday when the reds play at night. When the reds are off or play day games, Mo Egger is on. I like both broadcasters. Mo Egger has the better blog b/c he posts hot chicks ;) :tu

http://www.1530homer.com/pages/mo.html

Starscream
08-09-2010, 02:41 PM
He is on everyday when the reds play at night. When the reds are off or play day games, Mo Egger is on. I like both broadcasters. Mo Egger has the better blog b/c he posts hot chicks ;) :tu

http://www.1530homer.com/pages/mo.html

I'm still listening. Getting a bit repetitive, but he's pretty good! A two hour format would be excellent. I'm gonna start tuning into him when I can.:tu

hotreds
08-09-2010, 02:47 PM
I hope the Reds show up these next three games. A sweep would be great, but we HAVE TO win 2/3!

Prozac_Puros
08-09-2010, 02:54 PM
I hope the Reds show up these next three games. A sweep would be great, but we HAVE TO win 2/3!

St Louis fan stick his head in and says

Good luck with that....

St louis starting pitchers
Chris Carpenter 12-3, 2.91 ERA
Jaime Garcia 9-5 2.53 ERA
Adam Wainwright 16-6, 2.07 ERA

Starscream
08-09-2010, 02:54 PM

No we don't. I hope we do, but to hold our lead, all we need to do is win one game in this series.

Starscream
08-09-2010, 02:55 PM
St Louis fan stick his head in and says

Good luck with that....

St louis starting pitchers
Chris Carpenter 12-3, 2.91 ERA
Jaime Garcia 9-5 2.53 ERA
Adam Wainwright 16-6, 2.07 ERA

You ready for the big series starting tonight? Win or lose, it's gonna be a great series.

Prozac_Puros
08-09-2010, 03:07 PM
You ready for the big series starting tonight? Win or lose, it's gonna be a great series.

Got my evening smokes all lined up for the game tonight :)

Starscream
08-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Got my evening smokes all lined up for the game tonight :)

Not smoking tonight here, but I've already started getting drunk!:banger I'm more than ready for tonight.

BTW, Edmonds is in the lineup for tonight.:banger

Brandon Phillips 2b
Laynce Nix lf
Joey Votto 1b
Scott Rolen 3b
Jim Edmonds cf
Jay Bruce rf
Ramon Hernandez c
Paul Janish ss
Mike Leake p

hotreds
08-09-2010, 03:34 PM
No we don't. I hope we do, but to hold our lead, all we need to do is win one game in this series.

I'm talking in the grand scheme of things, Andy. We need to take at least 2/3 or you can kiss any chance of the post season bye bye.

Starscream
08-09-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm talking in the grand scheme of things, Andy. We need to take at least 2/3 or you can kiss any chance of the post season bye bye.

We still have 49 games to play. Of those 49 games we only play two teams that are in contention: Cards once again after this series and the Padres. We play Houston, Pittsburgh, Arizona, and the Brewers. I have faith. This series is big, but it's not the end all for the season.

elderboy02
08-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Well hell...

smitdavi
08-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Here's a picture for ya Andy :tu

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af250/smitdavi/DSC00149.jpg

chippewastud79
08-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Great move getting a CF that is worth a damn, because Stubbs obviously isn't. Can't believe it took 2/3rds of the season to realize that. :rolleyes:

We still have 49 games to play. Of those 49 games we only play two teams that are in contention: Cards once again after this series and the Padres. We play Houston, Pittsburgh, Arizona, and the Brewers. I have faith. This series is big, but it's not the end all for the season.

:tpd: The Reds don't play a decent team outside of the Cardinals down the stretch. They can get swept by the Cardinals and still have a chance because they play nothing but losing teams. If they even finish the season at .500 they could still win this crappy division. :tu

elderboy02
08-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Nice pic David! :tu

Starscream
08-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Here's a picture for ya Andy :tu

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af250/smitdavi/DSC00149.jpg

Those are great seats, David!:tu I'm jealous!

Starscream
08-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Anybody read BP's comments about the Cardinals yesterday? Hilarious stuff!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/cincinnatireds/entries/2010/08/09/

First Votto hates Chicago and its fans, now BP hates St. Louis!:r

If only he could have backed up his mouth last night. Maybe he'll get 'er done tonight.

elderboy02
08-10-2010, 10:37 AM
I love it :)

The Cardinals do bi**h a lot. Always complaining!

chippewastud79
08-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Nice little dust-up to start the game today. I wonder if Cueto will get suspended for kicking in the scuffle. :hm

Prozac_Puros
08-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Nice little dust-up to start the game today. I wonder if Cueto will get suspended for kicking in the scuffle. :hm

Thats all they are talking about here on Fox sports midwest, I'm suprised Molina and Phillips didn't get tossed

elderboy02
08-10-2010, 06:33 PM
I thought Molina should have gotten tossed. I wonder if LaRussa and Baker are fighting now that they are in the back room :)

smitdavi
08-10-2010, 07:32 PM
And this is why I have a hard time believing we can hold on to first place :hn

hotreds
08-10-2010, 07:36 PM
And this is why I KNOW we aren't going to hold on to first place!

http://images2.cpcache.com/product/team-sucks-suck/331297602v2_225x225_Front.jpg

elderboy02
08-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Everyone relax. Still a long way to go...

hotreds
08-10-2010, 07:38 PM
And a looooong way to fall.

elderboy02
08-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Jeez, can anyone besides me ever have a positive outlook on anything?

smitdavi
08-10-2010, 09:06 PM

I think most of us are just being realistic here.

elderboy02
08-10-2010, 09:10 PM
I think most of us are just being realistic here.

I hear you. There is no way we can win the division, we suck, we don't deserve to be here is all that I hear. I guess we should just forfeit all our remaining games b/c we can't stay in 1st place.

Starscream
08-10-2010, 09:15 PM

I'm still with you. We'll lose the first round of the playoffs if this series is worth anything, but at least I'm pretty sure we'll make it to the postseason.

Molina should have been tossed. Carpenter too.

elderboy02
08-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm still with you. We'll lose the first round of the playoffs if this series is worth anything, but at least I'm pretty sure we'll make it to the postseason.

Molina should have been tossed. Carpenter too.

Apparently the Cards are bi**hing again. They say Cueto kicked that punk LaRue in the head :su :D

smitdavi
08-11-2010, 05:07 AM
I hear you. There is no way we can win the division, we suck, we don't deserve to be here is all that I hear. I guess we should just forfeit all our remaining games b/c we can't stay in 1st place.

Dude, Dan chill out lol. I've been positive at times. Nobody is saying forfeit the rest of the games. We are just frustrated that A. We talk a lot of **** and B. We can't back it up right now.

:tf

elderboy02
08-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Dude, Dan chill out lol. I've been positive at times. Nobody is saying forfeit the rest of the games. We are just frustrated that A. We talk a lot of **** and B. We can't back it up right now.

:tf

Its all good man. I listen to sports talk radio every day and the commentator keeps saying, just look at the rest of our schedule. Brings a smile to my face :D

qwerty1500
08-11-2010, 07:35 AM
From what I saw, they should have tossed Cueto ... because he fights like a girl.

Seriously, if the Reds lose the division, they can thank Brandon Phillips because he put some much needed spark into the Cards.

elderboy02
08-11-2010, 07:38 AM
From what I saw, they should have tossed Cueto ... because he fights like a girl.

Seriously, if the Reds lose the division, they can thank Brandon Phillips because he put some much needed spark into the Cards.

What option did Cueto have? He was pushed up against the net.

qwerty1500
08-11-2010, 07:45 AM
What option did Cueto have? He was pushed up against the net.

Kicking? Seriously? That's what my little sister used to do.

Sean9689
08-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Reds suck...GO CARDS!

Waino tonight...break out those brooms! :D

elderboy02
08-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Reds suck...GO CARDS!

Waino tonight...break out those brooms! :D

They don't play tonight. They play this afternoon. :rolleyes:

elderboy02
08-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Kicking? Seriously? That's what my little sister used to do.

I don't understand it when people say certain things aren't fair in a fight. If I ever got into a fight, I would want to win. I would care less what people think. ;)

Prozac_Puros
08-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Think Phillips taps Molinas shin guards today?

elderboy02
08-11-2010, 09:01 AM

I wish Molina was suspended.

Prozac_Puros
08-11-2010, 09:18 AM
I wish Molina was suspended.

I believe a handful of players on both teams will be writing checks for fines, Johnny Cueto will write the biggest check and get to sit out his next scheduled start.

What are the papers saying in Cincinnati?

Here is the sports page in the STL...Link (http://www.stltoday.com/sports/)

elderboy02
08-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Here is an article from here in Cincy: http://www.wlwt.com/sports/24585402/detail.html

chippewastud79
08-11-2010, 09:41 AM
I believe a handful of players on both teams will be writing checks for fines, Johnny Cueto will write the biggest check and get to sit out his next scheduled start.

Cueto will likely get a few games for actually throwing kicks, won't miss a start. And yes, he fights like a girl. Molina and Phillips should each get a few and Rolen should get atleast one. Overall it probably hurts us more if Philips and Rolen get suspended than the Cards losing Molina. :2

Philips opened his mouth, didn't back it up in game 1. Game 2 he comes out talking trash and taps the catcher on the shin guards, Molina gets in his face and starts a nice scuffle. Then Molina throws all of it right in Philips face when he hits a homerun and gives him a nice look on his trot around the bases. :rolleyes:

Better hope this isn't a sign of things to come, seems like they are falling apart and the motivational talks by the players are showing their immaturity rather than making them play better. They are too young and have been so bad recently that its a little early to start talking trash to other teams. Like LaRussa showed, they are jealous of the hardware the Cardinals have collected. :td

St. Lou Stu
08-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Wow!
What about Carp?
He's the one who started the ****.
It looked as if all was about to calm down before he started jawing with Dusty.
I lost all respect for Cueto... and I used to like him, even through his rough times.

Blueface
08-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Folks went to see a baseball game and got a hockey experience in return.:r

chippewastud79
08-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Wow!
What about Carp?
I lost all respect for Cueto... and I used to like him, even through his rough times.

A lot of jawing usually doesn't result in a suspension, he ended up pinned against the fence (like Cueto), scratched up by a kicking girl and didn't seem to do much of anything besides yelling at guys. :2

chippewastud79
08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Folks went to see a baseball game and got a hockey experience in return.:r

A hockey player wouldn't kick his way out if he got pinned against the boards. Unless it was Happy Gilmore, he was the only person to actually take his skate off and try to stab someone with it. :r

elderboy02
08-11-2010, 10:42 AM

I am listening to the game right now on the radio. They said that he did not tap Molina on the shin guard.

Prozac_Puros
08-11-2010, 10:45 AM
I am listening to the game right now on the radio. They said that he did not tap Molina on the shin guard.
Quick learner that Phillips kid...... :r

Gophernut
08-11-2010, 10:45 AM

Probably wise. That was some interesting theatre there!

Sean9689
08-11-2010, 12:04 PM
They don't play tonight. They play this afternoon. :rolleyes:

My bad, sweep this afternoon! :rolleyes:

You can't take some ribbing, huh? :D

BTW, did you catch that Rasmus Grand Slam a bit ago?

elderboy02
08-11-2010, 12:12 PM
My bad, sweep this afternoon! :rolleyes:

You can't take some ribbing, huh? :D

BTW, did you catch that Rasmus Grand Slam a bit ago?

I can take a lot of ribbing. I was just rolling my eyes b/c you came in and said the Reds suck (even though they have been in 1st place most of the year) and then said that the game was a night game.

Just throwing it back at ya ;)

Sean9689
08-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I can take a lot of ribbing. I was just rolling my eyes b/c you came in and said the Reds suck (even though they have been in 1st place most of the year) and then said that the game was a night game.

Just throwing it back at ya ;)

They've been in 1st most of the year? :confused:

elderboy02
08-11-2010, 12:26 PM
They've been in 1st most of the year? :confused:

I thought so... could be wrong though ;)

Sean9689
08-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I thought so... could be wrong though ;)

Might be...:)

elderboy02
08-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Might be...:)

Is there a way to look it up? I can't find anything on MLB.com

hotreds
08-11-2010, 12:45 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dusty-baker-cincinnati-reds.jpg

Prozac_Puros
08-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Alright, rain delay to prolong the inevitable

Starscream
08-11-2010, 12:56 PM

Wow!
What about Carp?

I don't think Rolen needs to get suspended, but Dusty and Larussa, BP, and Molina, Cueto and Carpenter need to go for a game. If Cueto or Carpenter get suspended it'll likely be for five days so that they would be forced to miss a start.

If I was a Cards fan I would be very pissed at Carpenter right now, not as much for the instigating last night, but for belittling his own teammate twice in one game. @$$hole.

No offense to any Cards fans but I still love what BP said about the Cards. He should have specifically called people out rather than the whole team. Duncan, Larussa, and Carpenter are whiny little b!tches.:D Always some issue with them when they come to Cincy trying to accuse us of cheating.

Rain go away. Let's get this embarrassment over with.

Starscream
08-11-2010, 01:01 PM

Two of the big Reds beat reporters both hate Phillips, so it's pretty negative.

Phillips is actually a good guy who watches a bit too much of Chad Ochocinco. He likes to boast when he does something impressive on the field(boasting in baseball terms. If he was in the NFL he would be one of the quietest people on the field). He donates a lot of his time to charity and is the first player that the Reds call when they need an appearance or goodwill rep in Cincinnati.

Prozac_Puros
08-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Game is back on..

Starscream
08-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Game is back on..

Let's get this embarrassment over with.

Prozac_Puros
08-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Cincinnati has 3 with the Marlins and St. Louis has the Cubs in town, I don't know if there will be much seperation between us the rest of the season

The remainder of the season the only teams with a .500 average or better Cincinnati plays is San Fransisco, San Diego, Los Angles And St. Louis. We have Atlanta, San Diego, San Fransisco and Cincinnati on September 3re, 4th and 5th.

Starscream
08-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Cincinnati has 3 with the Marlins and St. Louis has the Cubs in town, I don't know if there will be much seperation between us the rest of the season

The remainder of the season the only teams with a .500 average or better Cincinnati plays is San Fransisco, San Diego, Los Angles And St. Louis. We have Atlanta, San Diego, San Fransisco and Cincinnati on September 3re, 4th and 5th.

Our West Coast trips normally suck, but I'm only really concerned about San Diego and the final STL series.

Starscream
08-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Sweep...:td

Prozac_Puros
08-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't care how it happened, I'm just glad the cards played with a sense of urgency and started to hit and score.

elderboy02
08-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Well, that sucked.

Well, now we get to play a team that isn't a bunch of little b**ches who dont b**ch and whine all the time :tu :r

chippewastud79
08-11-2010, 04:15 PM
The more I watch that 'brawl', the more Cueto looks like the b!tch in the deal. Kicking Carpenter in the back and another guy in the face, with metal cleats on, what a punk. :td

The Cardinals pretty much just served Phillips a nice big plate of 'shut-the-hell-up'. The great thing about sports, if you open your mouth and can't back it up, you just look like a fool. And right now, Brandon and the rest of the Reds look like fools. Thank you Phillips. :td

Well, that sucked.

Well, now we get to play a team that isn't a bunch of little b**ches who dont b**ch and whine all the time :tu :r

Maybe Brandon can say something else stupid and get another team fired up. :td

chippewastud79
08-11-2010, 04:18 PM

The Reds have played the weakest schedule all season and only 25 games in the second half against teams with a winning record (6 of those against the Cardinals). When you only have one team in the division who is worth a crap it should make it easy, but the Reds are trying to make it difficult. If the Reds don't win this division, its a huge fail. :td

hotreds
08-11-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/a/b/c/d/12065738941859755999Arnoud999_Right_or_wrong_7.svg .med.png

chippewastud79
08-12-2010, 05:01 PM
7 games for Cueto and two for Baker and LaRussa. They should have given Cueto double for fighting like a girl. :td

Kind of suprised that Rolen and Phillips didn't get suspended. :hm

hotreds
08-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey- Reds won't lose tonight, I guarantee it!

chippewastud79
08-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Hey- Reds won't lose tonight, I guarantee it!

Nice prediction Hugh! You should take those skills to Vegas :tu

elderboy02
08-13-2010, 08:23 PM

Yeah, our team is really going down the tubes :rolleyes:

We just beat the guy who has the best ERA in the NL

chippewastud79
08-14-2010, 12:30 AM

Yeah, our team is really going down the tubes :rolleyes:

We just beat the guy who has the best ERA in the NL

Who was 0-4 in his last 4 starts. Having baseball discussion and Dan is no where to be found, but the Reds beat the super power Marlins and here he comes. 'Reds win :banger' :rolleyes:

chippewastud79
08-14-2010, 03:25 PM
One kid on the Hamilton, OH Little League team has a favorite MLB player who is a Red (Brandon Phillips), but atleast 4 of them said Albert Pujols :r

hotreds
08-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Nice prediction Hugh! You should take those skills to Vegas :tu

Hmmmm... ROAD TRIP!

elderboy02
08-14-2010, 08:19 PM

OMG! Our team is done for :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Starscream
08-14-2010, 09:55 PM
One kid on the Hamilton, OH Little League team has a favorite MLB player who is a Red (Brandon Phillips), but atleast 4 of them said Albert Pujols :r

Shame on those Ohio natives!

chippewastud79
08-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Shame on those Ohio natives!

It was pretty funny, most of the kids from the Illinois team were the same way. Only 3 picked Cubs players and most picked Pujols or Howard :r

Starscream
08-15-2010, 05:39 PM
We're back in first! Reds win, Cards lose!:banger

elderboy02
08-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Reds sweep! Reds sweep! :banger

OMG! Our team has no hope! We are only in 1st place again by 1 game :r

hotreds
08-15-2010, 07:48 PM
It's whose in 1st when the season ends that counts, Dan!

chippewastud79
08-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Reds sweep! Reds sweep! :banger

OMG! Our team has no hope! We are only in 1st place again by 1 game :r

We swept the Marlins! We are on the way to the World Series! We play the easiest schedule in the entire MLB and we can't pull away from the worst Cardinals teams in years! We are going to win 120 games next year! :r

Starscream
08-15-2010, 10:46 PM
It's whose in 1st when the season ends that counts, Dan!

We swept the Marlins! We are on the way to the World Series! We play the easiest schedule in the entire MLB and we can't pull away from the worst Cardinals teams in years! We are going to win 120 games next year! :r

But you guys have to enjoy it while it lasts!:D

elderboy02
08-18-2010, 06:57 AM

4 in a row! :banger Oh my God! We suck! We are only 2 games up on the Cards! :r

Starscream
08-18-2010, 03:01 PM

4 in a row! :banger Oh my God! We suck! We are only 2 games up on the Cards! :r

Game was on too late last night for me. Glad to see we are back to 2 up again!:banger

Starscream
08-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Votto scratched from the lineup tonight. Edmonds at 1st and Stubbs replacing Edmonds in CF.

elderboy02
08-19-2010, 04:55 AM

3 games up on the Redbirds! :)

Dusty sure has some balls doing the suicide squeeze with 1 out in the 9th and the go ahead run on 3rd. :) Kudos to Heisey for getting the bunt down.

Starscream
08-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Dusty has been offered an extension. Thoughts?

I never thought I'd say this but I want him to stick around for another year. We have improved every year while he's been the skipper and this year we have a great shot at the playoffs. If he doesn't bite, I wouldn't mind having Bobby Valentine take over.

elderboy02
08-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Dusty has been offered an extension. Thoughts?

I never thought I'd say this but I want him to stick around for another year. We have improved every year while he's been the skipper and this year we have a great shot at the playoffs. If he doesn't bite, I wouldn't mind having Bobby Valentine take over.

They offered him an extension: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Reds-offer-Baker-extension?urn=mlb-263528

elderboy02
08-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Reds win! Reds win! Sweep! :banger

Starscream
08-20-2010, 04:39 AM
They offered him an extension: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Reds-offer-Baker-extension?urn=mlb-263528

That's what I said (sans link).

chippewastud79
08-20-2010, 11:03 AM
That's what I said (sans link).

You would think he would have seen it, since he quoted your post. :confused:

Starscream
08-20-2010, 01:31 PM
So, what's you guys' thoughts on Baker's extension. Yes or no? Right now I say yes (for a one year extension at least).

chippewastud79
08-20-2010, 07:33 PM
So, what's you guys' thoughts on Baker's extension. Yes or no? Right now I say yes (for a one year extension at least).

Best team they have put on the field since '94. Might as well extended him, even when they fall apart and miss the playoffs or get swept in the first round. :rolleyes:

Starscream
08-21-2010, 01:49 AM
4.5 up! :wo :wo
We are kicking @$$! Dan isn't here to comment though (I think he is at the Shack this weekend)

elderboy02
08-21-2010, 10:09 AM

Sorry Andy, I misread ur post. I thought u said you weren't sure why they didn't offer him an extension
Posted via Mobile Device

Starscream
08-22-2010, 05:26 PM
First time since '04 that we won a series in Dodger Stadium!:wo:wo

elderboy02
08-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Votto for MVP!

Starscream
08-23-2010, 09:06 AM
I did not know that yesterday was Arroyo's 100th win!

elderboy02
08-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Arroyo is solid like a rock!

Starscream
08-24-2010, 07:39 AM
:td
Volquez is acting too much like Harang. I miss Hamilton.

elderboy02
08-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Volquez needs to go to AAA and get his stuff figured out. They said Harang isn't ready to be called back up. He hasn't been doing good at AAA the last couple starts.

Starscream
08-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Volquez needs to go to AAA and get his stuff figured out. They said Harang isn't ready to be called back up. He hasn't been doing good at AAA the last couple starts.

He was doing great until his last two starts. Something's up.

chippewastud79
08-24-2010, 05:58 PM
:td
I miss Hamilton.

:tpd:Someone, suprisingly not Dan, tried to tell me that Volquez was the better of that deal yesterday. :td

elderboy02
08-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Well hell... at least the Cards lost.

Starscream
08-25-2010, 05:41 AM
5-16 is not good.:sad

Starscream
08-25-2010, 05:42 AM
:tpd:Someone, suprisingly not Dan, tried to tell me that Volquez was the better of that deal yesterday. :td

When the deal was made, I liked it. Hamilton was a risk then but he's been the man ever since. One of the worst deals the Reds have made.

elderboy02
08-25-2010, 06:21 AM
When the deal was made, I liked it. Hamilton was a risk then but he's been the man ever since. One of the worst deals the Reds have made.

I don't think it was the worst deal ever. He went 17-6 in 2008 with a 3.21 ERA. He was an All-Star that year. Hamilton is still risky in my eyes. I think he will get hurt.

chippewastud79
08-25-2010, 07:25 AM
I don't think it was the worst deal ever. He went 17-6 in 2008 with a 3.21 ERA. He was an All-Star that year. Hamilton is still risky in my eyes. I think he will get hurt.

Hamilton is going to be the MVP and Volquez will not be winning the Cy Young any time soon. :rolleyes:

elderboy02
08-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Hamilton is going to be the MVP and Volquez will not be winning the Cy Young any time soon. :rolleyes:

He will be the MVP if he doesn't get hurt.

Starscream
08-25-2010, 10:46 AM

Volquez has been hurt too. Hamilton has produced so much more than EV. Two stand-up years in the AL. My only issue was his habits. I kept thinking that he'd go back to being a druggie again, but he's been good for the most part so far. That was the only risk we had with him. EV had one good year, then got injured, had TJ surgery, looked good when he came back, now he's falling apart.

I'll take Hamilton any day of the week. It's too late now, so I guess what's done is done.

elderboy02
08-26-2010, 07:47 AM

Starscream
08-26-2010, 12:39 PM

Not that they didn't try to lose it. Both starting pitching and the bullpen have been horrible on this road trip. What's up with that? Don't tell me they're falling apart this close to the end of the season.

hotreds
08-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Danger,Will Robinson!

chippewastud79
08-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Can Pujols win the Triple Crown and not win MVP if Votto gets his team to the playoffs? :hm

He will be the MVP if he doesn't get hurt.

He is likely the MVP even if he misses 15 games to end the season. The only other player in the discussion is Cabrera and his team likely won't make the playoffs.:tu

Starscream
08-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah! I love the Cubs!

elderboy02
08-27-2010, 09:52 PM

Starscream
08-27-2010, 09:55 PM

Hoping for a sweep!

waffle
08-27-2010, 10:01 PM
It was a great game to watch from the stands!!! And the fireworks afterwards were an awesome bonus!

Starscream
08-28-2010, 08:21 AM
It was a great game to watch from the stands!!! And the fireworks afterwards were an awesome bonus!

Awesome! Glad you had a good time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Starscream
08-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Five games up!:banger
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

hotreds
08-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Five game lead IS an important milestone. Looking good, I'd say.

elderboy02
08-29-2010, 02:50 PM

elderboy02
08-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Bruce is hot right now! :banger

hotreds
08-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Homer ain't!:td

elderboy02
08-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Juan Francisco! :banger