PDA

View Full Version : Losing Weight with Starscream

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

hotreds
01-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Got a new scale, fear it will add some lbs. But, at least I know I have a reliable scale now.

Starscream
01-26-2012, 08:20 AM
245 this week. I've slacked off for a while now and figured I'd get back on track. I've lost 10lbs since Jan. 4th. I'm five pounds heavier than I was this summer, so I've got some work to do.

Chainsaw13
01-26-2012, 08:43 AM
You can do it Andy. Just think how good you'll look in a speedo come summer. :r

hotreds
01-26-2012, 09:46 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2HznfriqOGY/ThLZ_432iLI/AAAAAAAAA0M/BBu0G5g9sxc/s1600/viking-speedo.jpg

Chainsaw13
01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Damn you Hugh. Not a picture I wanted to see. :D

Chainsaw13
01-28-2012, 06:38 AM
I did it!!! After weeks of plateauing, I hit my weight goal. 185.8 this morning. Although now I think 175 maybe doable. Lol.

shilala
01-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Well done, Bob!!! :tu
I think if I go below 185 they'll start kicking sand in my face. ;)

shilala
02-02-2012, 08:50 AM
That should be a pretty solid number. I don't think I'll get back to the 190's, and I ate good yesterday. :tu

hotreds
02-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Bravo, y'all! Weigh in tomorrow- new scale added almost ten lbs, but I reckon I might as well know the correct figure!

E.J.
02-02-2012, 06:21 PM
I did it!!! After weeks of plateauing, I hit my weight goal. 185.8 this morning. Although now I think 175 maybe doable. Lol.

CONGRATS, Bob!

That should be a pretty solid number. I don't think I'll get back to the 190's, and I ate good yesterday. :tu

CONGRATS, Scott!

shilala
02-03-2012, 06:22 AM
188.4 this morning.
I have officially lost 60 pounds, almost 1/4th of my mass. :D

goalie204
02-03-2012, 01:15 PM
im doing the 6 or 7 small meals a day thing

E.J.
02-04-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm down to 211( 210.9;) ) this morning.... Since this started January 1st, I'm down 11lbs in my journey to get to 200lbs by mid March. I am truly amazed the difference I can see with 11lbs....:)

Down to 206.5 this morning(10:00 AM). Don't know where I am going to sneak in a workout today(a lot of kids sporting events today), but it will be done!

Down 16ish lbs....feeling great...:tu

Chainsaw13
02-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Excellent new EJ. Such a great feeling seeing that number drop, huh?

I've missed my last few runs this week. Was going to get one in yesterday but my head decided to start throbbing. Been battling it still today. So it's just rest and hope this goes away.

maconusmile
02-04-2012, 03:28 PM
So my wife and I have decided to start this medically monitored very low calorie diet (VLCD). We are very excited to start this new program as we will be losing about 100 pounds each, and hopefully I will be able to get off of my insulin pump and all other medications as well as my cpap machine. My wife is not diabetic but I am T2. I had my full blood lab work and urinalysis done three days ago, got weighed in at 283 pounds. I went to meet with my "Life Coach" today and we discussed my target weight and came up with around 180 pounds since I am 5'11" and my BMI is 41.7 and considered morbidly obese. This VLCD consists of (4) 200 calorie meal replacements per day and the only real food besides that you can eat is celery and (2) pickles a day. I need to ask but she said you cannot have coffee but are allowed a small amount of decaf tea and all the crystal light and sugar free jello you want. This is going to be a really tough diet to get used to but she sad after the first week it is not that bad as it puts your body into ketosis that switches your carbohydrate metabolism over to fat burning metabolism to burn the years of accumulated fat off very quickly. She said the first two weeks her clients usually lose about 20 pounds for the men and 12 pounds for the women and then about 3 to 5 pounds per week after that until you get to you "plateau" and she said you must introduce some heavier exercise into the mix. She said I should be around my target weight of 180 pounds in about 5 months then we go into the transition phase of the program where the diaticians will start introducing you to healthy foods again. It seems like a well organized/ structured program as we have to attend coaching classes at least once per week and they do urinalysis to check ketones and blood work every other week to check organ functions since it is such a low calorie diet. There is three phases to the program. The first phase is called "reducing" which is just mainly the meal replacements. The second part is called "transitions" which is one or two meals and then a 200 calorie meal replacement that is controlled with the diaticians and behaviorists. The third and final part is called "balance" and that is just basically eating healthy and exercising regularly and keeping your weight under control. My life coach also stated that the "balance" part of the program is the hardest part of the program as this is where you are changing the way you think about life/ food and cannot slip back into your old eating habits. They have a doctor on staff that looks over all the labs and she said he would be working closely with my endo especially in the beginning of this whole thing until I am completely off of insulin. We are very excited to get this show on the road but we don't start until 2/16/12

shilala
02-04-2012, 03:33 PM
I wish you and your wife the very best in this endeavor. It'd take me tons of prayer and a padlock on my mouth to make it work. Fortunately you guys are doing it together, that should make all the difference in the world. :tu

backwoods357
02-04-2012, 08:20 PM
:tpd: Good for you brother!
Working has really put a hurt on my weightloss, a combo of the stress, lack of sleep and food. The wife and I just bought a treadmill (nordictrack t5.7) nothing fancy but I got it for less than $600 delivered. :noon Time to get back on track.

Jasonw560
02-08-2012, 11:46 AM
:np

Seriously, great work everyone. Started my own thread about this, but I'll tell you here.

Started WW last week at 281.2. Now down to 275.4.

Doing www.liveexercise.com for getting some muscle mass and losing this gut.

Maconusmile, I'm praying for you and your wife. I wish you nothing but the best. Philippians 4:13.

hotreds
02-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Best of luck to us all!

forgop
02-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I've found out the hard way that strep throat is a good way to ensure about a 3 lb loss over 4 days. :td

Oh well, I guess that gets me a little closer to my starting weight for the year with everything I indulged in for the month of January.

shilala
02-08-2012, 12:37 PM
I think I was up to like 194 this morning. I knew it was coming. Every single time I change my medication regimen I put on weight. Means nothing, it'll be right back to normal soon. Either that or I'll balloon to 220 and start all over again.
I see the doc in about 5 weeks, so I'm not gonna get the least bit excited until I know what he's going to do with me. Then I can work around his plan. :tu

shilala
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I just checked. Physical Therapy starts the 17th. After the eval, I'm hoping I can get right to the gym. I should put on some serious weight at that point. :)

maconusmile
02-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the prayers, and good luck to all of you as well. My wife was cleared by the doctor today for her diet and she received her first week supply of meal replacements but she is going to wait and start when I do. I go see my endocrinologist this Friday to get his blessing. Once I get his permission then I just have to be cleared by the Doctor that oversees this diet and hope to be going on the 16th of this month :)

In the meantime we have been trying to cut carbs substituting 1 meal a day with Atkins shakes and eating higher protein/ low carb foods. I have not had 1 potato chip in two weeks (one of my favorite things to eat) We started doing P90 X kempo... rough getting out of bed the last few days because our muscles are so sore!

Chainsaw13
02-08-2012, 07:39 PM
) We started doing P90 X kempo... rough getting out of bed the last few days because our muscles are so sore!

Are you doing any type of recovery drink after the workouts? Look into a simple mix of protein powder or even a glass of chocolate milk. It does wonders for lessening the soreness.

maconusmile
02-08-2012, 07:57 PM
never really gave it any of thought.. We have been drinking mainly water and tea. It has been years since I have done any real workouts like this, but we will definatly take the protein into consideration. Thanks

Chainsaw13
02-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Some form of recovery drink really does help, or even eating a protein heavy meal within 60 minutes of ending the workout. It's during that time when the body is screaming for nutrients to replenish what you worked off and start repairing the muscles. Moreso when weight lifting, but I find it helps with cardio workouts too.

Look at Optimum Nutrition brand protein powders. Some of the best on the market and very low in carbs per serving, plus they taste good. I've had a couple different chocolates and now the strawberry. The strawberry is good, but too sweet for my tastes. Tom (Icehog3) mentioned in another thread he likes the cookies & cream the best. That'll be my next purchase. Just mix a scoop with 12-16 oz of water and drink.

guado
02-13-2012, 07:34 AM
ok guys...fell off the train for a while but as of last week started up again.

From my lowest weight I only peaked up to 211 so I think I only gained about 6 or so pounds in a few months. Not bad considering I Was doing no running etc. I guess I did train my body to eat better.

I plan on going down to 195 finally. I want to be sub 200 for the first time since 1998. I was down to 205 yesterday(started at 211 early last week). Had a bit of an overboard cheat day yesterday and weighed in at 207 this morning...

Now I'm off to the gym. I hope to be updating more often now. See you guys around!

Chainsaw13
02-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Good luck Eddie.

I've seemed to kick my system back in gear again. Was hovering around the 187-189 mark for a bit, which I was fine with. Now all of a sudden, even after a week and a half of not working out, I'm down to 184.

Went suit shopping over the weekend. Totally surprised I fit into a 40 slim. I like the nice fitted look of the jacket. Can't wait to pick them up from being tailored so I can really try them on.

shilala
02-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Stuck at 193. If you stuck a fork in me I'd pop. The new meds will take time to iron out, for sure. I've been eating very lightly, rabbit food mostly. I'm very backed up, though. Plus I'm holding a lot of water despite the fact that one of my meds doubles as a diuretic (I drink umpteen 30oz. glasses of water a day to counteract that).
I started PT yesterday and did my exercises last night. They take quite awhile. Next Wednesday she'll give me a routine for the gym to add to the current regimen.
I was in bad shape yesterday morning, much, much more comfortable with my muscles today. The exercises really straightened out some chronic areas. :tu

Chainsaw13
02-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Damn Scott, I can't imagine what you go through every day. But good to hear the exercises have helped.

Officially I"m still at 184.0 as of my weigh in this morning. I had dipped down to 182 yesterday. I think the body has a weird way of keeping too much weight loss in check. Like it's sensing a lean time, so it holds onto whatever's taken in even though it might not be necessary. Still, I"m not fretting it as I'm around where I wanted to be.

shilala
02-18-2012, 08:01 AM
I think you're absolutely right, Bob. It is SO important that I stop and eat or I don't lose weight at all, despite what I do. By the same token, I can continue to eat at the same rate and don't gain. It certainly has nothing to do with what I'm doing. :)
The new meds really had me eating everything in sight, craving junk food and just constantly hungry. I simply oblged it and put on a few pounds. That's already leveled out and I'm back to eating right, for the most part. I'm sure that'll normalize even more in the next week or so.

I'm very much looking forward to getting to the gym. I'm having a real hard time justifying the time all this is going to take because there are a million other things I'd rather do. But I usually don't do them cause I'm so cobbed up. I think this is going to open up a whole new era where I can hit the gym and get my work done with a minimum of couch after a couple weeks. :tu

Jasonw560
02-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Being sick helps with losing weight. What goes in, comes out. LOL. I ate horrible yesterday, and still lost 2 lbs., more or less.

guado
02-22-2012, 08:25 AM
This morning I was at 200.2 I am already at a weight I havent seen since High School but I want to see a 1 in the front of that three digit #. Hopefully I will see it by friday! Cause Saturday it is Stogies and Stout at the Dunedin brewery and my body is in for a beating! LOL♠

Chainsaw13
02-22-2012, 08:26 AM
You can do it Eddie. :tu

E.J.
02-22-2012, 08:50 AM
This morning I was at 200.2 I am already at a weight I havent seen since High School but I want to see a 1 in the front of that three digit #. Hopefully I will see it by friday! Cause Saturday it is Stogies and Stout at the Dunedin brewery and my body is in for a beating! LOL♠

Nice, Eddie!

On the flip side, after hitting 201.3 last Wednesday/Thursday(?)....I have started to go the other way...:sh I have to assume it is = muscle + water & just a bad day on the scale...

Was thinking I'd have my first 1XX this morning(first time I have weighed since then) and looked directly at a 205.0. No big deal, but disappointing all the same...

Jasonw560
02-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Weigh in today. Lost another 1.2 lbs.

gained it back tonight....did NOT eat well.

shilala
02-23-2012, 08:11 AM
193.2 this morning and finally moving in the right direction.
I'll stop for lunch today and make sure I get at least a gallon of water in me.
Things have ironed out such that I can stop with the junk food and pay closer attention to what I'm eating. Tomorrow I get a list of exercises to do on the machines at PT and I'll start at the gym asap. I'll have to see how I respond to a double dose of exercises and go from there.
Good news is that I've been putting in a good day's work around here and my body is doing a good job of keeping up with what I want to do. I wear it out daily, but I'm recovering overnight. I can't ask for much better than that. :tu
Losing another 10 or 15 pounds would definately help, but it'll be tough to do as all this changes to muscle. I've got plenty of time and tons of motivation and stubborness, so it'll go great. :)

guado
02-23-2012, 08:59 AM
199.6 this am...prior to the usual morning "weightloss" of a pound or so! HAHAHAHA

I'm loving it! Once I hit 195 it's weights baby! I want to get OVER 200 with a lower body fat%

shilala
02-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Congratulations, Eddie!!! :tu

E.J.
02-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote from Jan 7th 2012 -

Well, I'm jumping on board....the stories I have been reading on the Health and Fitness section of this forum are inspiring.

Heading back to the Caribbean in the Spring and figured that I better get in better beach shape than I was in last year. I weighed in at 222('bout what I was in the picture you are seeing) at the first of the year and would like to get back to 200(weight I was when I graduated HS 24 years ago) by the time I head South. Way I look at it, it is about a pound a year....:r

Though I have always tried to get to the gym in the colder months and I ride bikes a lot in the warmer months, I have never really watched what I eat. That is relative, I like to think I know what I am putting in my body...but portions have never meant a thing to me. I am not one to eat dessert, but I'll eat 3 plate loads of whatever is for dinner, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I have started to count calories and have been religious at the gym.....we'll see where we end up..... It is written down for all to see, with a pic as well.... Here's hoping that I look better than this in 2.5ish months.....:tu

Today - :tu

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i397/EJB21/ScaleFeb242012.jpg

It has been well over 20 years since I have seen the 100's.... Could be back over 200 tomorrow, but this put a smile on my face....

shilala
02-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Well done, EJ!!! :tu

Chainsaw13
02-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Awesome EJ!

Chainsaw13
02-25-2012, 07:20 AM
After a week of worrying that I had put on some weight, I saw 184 on the scale this morning. Crisis averted!

maconusmile
02-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Well We started our vlcd 9 days ago. We had our first weigh in last night. The wife lost 5 pounds, and I lost 27 pounds in 9 days... I was excited

Chainsaw13
02-27-2012, 05:44 AM
27lbs in 9 days! Excited seems like an understatement. Congratulations, that's awesome.

Jasonw560
03-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Well We started our vlcd 9 days ago. We had our first weigh in last night. The wife lost 5 pounds, and I lost 27 pounds in 9 days... I was excited

:O

That is awesome. For both of you! Keep us informed.

E.J.
03-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Well, I was a bit worried about stepping on the scale recently... I have been a little slack, not really being careful with portions, drinking too much beer and I missed 2 days of exercise....

That said, 195.4 this morning.... Down 27lbs, 12% of my total body weight since the first of the year. Actually having to tailor all my boardshorts for the Cancun trip....which though cool, is a pain in the ass....:r

I really wish I would have done measurements and body fat before starting this....

Commander Quan
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Nice job E.J.

I was at 219 this morning down from 245 at the beginning of the year. I understand the clothing Catch 22. I just bought 3 new sports jackets right before Christmas.

kugie
03-21-2012, 02:47 PM
I always see this thread and want to post.
Well here it is.
December 11th, 2011 311lb
As of last week 296.
It's not Much but it's a start.
I was down to about 291, but it's easy to fall off the wagon so to speak and harder to get back on.

Here's my start to getting it done.

Jasonw560
03-21-2012, 02:57 PM
I gained 3 1/2 this past week. Spring break, kids off, had "carnival food" at the area Livestock Show. Back on the wagon, though.

Commander Quan
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Congrats Joe. Keep us posted.

Chainsaw13
03-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Nice job E.J.

I was at 219 this morning down from 245 at the beginning of the year. I understand the clothing Catch 22. I just bought 3 new sports jackets right before Christmas.

I'm on my third set of new clothes since I started my journey. Just bought 3 pairs of 34" shorts today. That's down from a high of 48" a few years ago. I"m also on the cusp of comfortably wearing medium shirts. Clothes shopping is actually fun now.

As for the occassional gains, try not to sweat it. (I"m still trying to learn that too). It will happen. As long as you recognize it and make the necessary corrections.

E.J.
03-31-2012, 07:43 PM
My lost 01/07/12 -

Well, I'm jumping on board....the stories I have been reading on the Health and Fitness section of this forum are inspiring.

Heading back to the Caribbean in the Spring and figured that I better get in better beach shape than I was in last year. I weighed in at 222('bout what I was in the picture you are seeing) at the first of the year and would like to get back to 200(weight I was when I graduated HS 24 years ago) by the time I head South. Way I look at it, it is about a pound a year....:r

Though I have always tried to get to the gym in the colder months and I ride bikes a lot in the warmer months, I have never really watched what I eat. That is relative, I like to think I know what I am putting in my body...but portions have never meant a thing to me. I am not one to eat dessert, but I'll eat 3 plate loads of whatever is for dinner, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I have started to count calories and have been religious at the gym.....we'll see where we end up..... It is written down for all to see, with a pic as well.... Here's hoping that I look better than this in 2.5ish months.....:tu

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i397/EJB21/LoseWeight.jpg

SPRING BREAK 2011 ^^^^^^

SPRING BREAK 2012 VVVVVVV :tu

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i397/EJB21/SB50.jpg

Chainsaw13
03-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Nice job EJ. :tu

Coach Deg
04-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Great job EJ!!!

guado
04-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Awesome job!

shilala
04-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Congratulations, EJ!!! :tu

I continue to be stuck at 193. It's not a problem, I'd just like to go lower. It leaves me at just short of 60 pounds lost, starting when this thread started and lasting for quite some time now.
My habits have all changed and it's not tough to stay right here. It just happens, actually.

Jasonw560
04-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Tomorrow's the day I weigh in. I'm crossing my eyes, fingers, toes, and t's that I lost the rest of the weight I had gained.

kugie
04-04-2012, 07:24 AM
On the Scale today and and Down 6 lbs.

It would be so much better if i didn't destroy what I do during the week on the weekend.
Still working on a plan that works for me.

Been going to the gym at work and I found out I can use it on the weekend so that's a plus.

I need to work on my eating habits but those are getting better as well.

I would like to get to Warrior Dash June 9th.
Here's to getting it done.

Jasonw560
04-04-2012, 07:52 AM
On the Scale today and and Down 6 lbs.

It would be so much better if i didn't destroy what I do during the week on the weekend.
Still working on a plan that works for me.

Been going to the gym at work and I found out I can use it on the weekend so that's a plus.

I need to work on my eating habits but those are getting better as well.

I would like to get to Warrior Dash June 9th.
Here's to getting it done.

Joe, seriously consider myfitnesspal.com for keeping track of what you eat, and what you burn when you work out. It's helping us with our goals.

kugie
04-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Joe, seriously consider myfitnesspal.com for keeping track of what you eat, and what you burn when you work out. It's helping us with our goals.

Thanks, I will check it out.

shilala
04-04-2012, 08:14 AM
195 this morning. I've eaten everything in sight for two days, I've been starved. It's just cause my Isaac's has been keeping my muscles rock hard all day. I'm like a frozen pizza. :)
It uses lots of energy and needs lots of carbs, so I've been indulging it. It should ease off now as the barometric pressure is heading upwards for the next week. Yay!!! :tu

Jasonw560
04-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Lost 1.8 today. Down to 268.4.

E.J.
04-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Good job all....

Agree on myfitnesspal, though I have tailed off on my use of it....for months, it gave me a good indication of calories in and burned, which was eye opening.

forgop
04-15-2012, 10:33 AM
My habits have been pretty poor year to date. I weighed in at 187 on January 1st and have been in an off and on pattern of my dietary intake and it's been difficult getting to the gym between being a full-time student, working 24 hours/week, managing 12-18 hours/week for clinicals, and trying to have some resemblance of family life.

I ballooned up to 204. as of April 9 and I restarted my 17 day diet plan. As of this morning, I was under 196. I'm going to maintain this through April 30 when I take my final, but will allow myself to partake of some major deviations between our final "post-conference" up through graduation day with my classmates. :tu

The end goal will be to hit the 180 mark by my birthday, June 4th.

Commander Quan
05-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I am happy to report that weighing myself this morning I am now clinically overweight. I'm down to 207 from 245 January 1st. I had a goal to be 195 lbs. June 11th, which would have been 50 pounds lost by my birthday. At this point that would be a stretch, but I'm just happy to be were I am.

Chainsaw13
05-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Excellent progress Derrick. :tu

goalie204
05-12-2012, 06:29 PM
sup guys, long time :)

I'm failing miserably. I love food too much. Wish i didnt!

E.J.
05-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Though my goal was met back the end of March, I have kept my better habits and am down to 191.8 this morning. Losing weight and not trying(granted, not much), which probably means that there is plenty there to still come off. Down 30 lbs since Jan 1st....not too shabby.

Commander Quan
10-16-2012, 11:39 AM
I am happy to report that weighing myself this morning I am now clinically overweight. I'm down to 207 from 245 January 1st. I had a goal to be 195 lbs. June 11th, which would have been 50 pounds lost by my birthday. At this point that would be a stretch, but I'm just happy to be were I am.

Well it took a little longer than I was hoping but I've been at 195 now for the last couple weeks, so that makes 50 pound lost in 9 months. What's even better than that, is the other non being fat issues that have gone away like my GERD, snoring, and my triglycerides dropped from 285 2 years ago to 95 in march and now down to 60 in August.

Malakai
10-16-2012, 04:39 PM
First time posting in here...I had decided after a visit to my allergist where I weighed in at my heaviest of 263.5 lbs that I would start an exercise routine. Between August and about a week ago I had lost 20 lbs. But slipped at work and got a groin pull and saw the Doctor yesterday. 2 weeks off to allow groin to heal then back at it according to the Doc. Hopefully I don't get set too far back without being able to continue my full routine.

forgop
11-18-2012, 09:00 AM
I finally got back on the wagon after a few months of stress and eating garbage-it jist seems that I binge eat when going through a lot of stuff, so its a habit i need to change in the future.

I ballooned back to 217.6 as of October 3rd and started back on WW. I then implemented the 17 day diet on Nov 1st and as of this morning, was back down to 193.2. I figure 24.4# over 46 days is pretty darned good. Gonna treat myself to BBQ today than back at it Monday. I definitely want to be 185 by year end and think I would like to hit 170-175 again, which I haven't been in 20 years since I got done with my basic training/AIT.

shilala
02-20-2013, 08:04 AM
I got fat again over the last few months, too much inactivity and I didn't adjust my diet.
I'm working on turning that around again and should be back to something within reason before the weather breaks.