PDA

View Full Version : Games thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

VirtualSmitty
10-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Figured we needed a thread about video games since there are so many great titles on the horizon. To start:

Dead Space: i'll be picking this up tomorrow. Space survival horror? A_W_E_SO_M_E!

Next week:
LittleBigPlanet - game looks awesome. Platformer with crazy physics, a 3d place, and the ability to create some crazy levels of your own.

Fable II: This game will own. You have a fog and a musket. Nuff said!

So what are you looking forward too?

zemekone
10-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Spiderman: Web of shadow looks ****ING SICK! waiting for that!

King James
10-14-2008, 09:41 PM
can't wait for LBP...... will be there for midnight release (if they do one)

Sean9689
10-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Left 4 Dead is on my must-buy list as a zombie genre freak.

VirtualSmitty
10-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Spiderman: Web of shadow looks ****ING SICK! waiting for that!

I thought for sure you'd say Street Fighter 4 Gerry :confused:

Sean9689
10-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Dead Space: i'll be picking this up tomorrow. Space survival horror? A_W_E_SO_M_E!

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/10/review-dead-spa.html

VirtualSmitty
10-14-2008, 09:44 PM
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/10/review-dead-spa.html

I cannot wait.

King James
10-14-2008, 10:32 PM
also looking forward to new CoD...although the current one is still awesome

VirtualSmitty
10-14-2008, 10:42 PM
also looking forward to new CoD...although the current one is still awesome

Yea, i'm a bit of a CoD junkie. I was a little down they went back to the WW2 theme though. CoD4 was just so perfect.

King James
10-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Yea, i'm a bit of a CoD junkie. I was a little down they went back to the WW2 theme though. CoD4 was just so perfect.

I agree... ww2 has been done again...and again...and again...and again..... bueller..... bueller

VirtualSmitty
10-14-2008, 10:48 PM
I agree... ww2 has been done again...and again...and again...and again..... bueller..... bueller

Yep. have you tried the new Brothers in Arms game? It's another WW2 shooter, but your guy sucks at shooting. More tactical squad based stuff. Pin and flank, no super soldiers in that game lol.

zemekone
10-14-2008, 10:55 PM
I thought for sure you'd say Street Fighter 4 Gerry :confused:

thats a given...

Mugen910
10-15-2008, 07:17 AM
The newer street fighters don't have quiet the same feel..:( I'm still hammering away at my Tekken5 Skills...

Volt
10-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Fallout 3 is on my horizon. Even if it's only 1/2 as good as 1 and 2 I'll be happy. Many days of my life lost playing those games.

The next COD for FPS...

VirtualSmitty
10-15-2008, 08:36 AM
Fallout 3 is on my horizon. Even if it's only 1/2 as good as 1 and 2 I'll be happy. Many days of my life lost playing those games.

The next COD for FPS...

Agreed, Fallout 3 is on my radar as well. Bethesda is making it, i'm sure it will be good.

Volt
10-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Agreeded - they have high standards there - no release and let the buying public do the beta testing. Not that all games don't need some tweaking, but a polished version ought to hit the shelves.

VirtualSmitty
10-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Agreeded - they have high standards there - no release and let the buying public do the beta testing. Not that all games don't need some tweaking, but a polished version ought to hit the shelves.

Their games are always top notch. i'm not worried. Oblivion kept me occupied for a loooooong time :tu

Also, coming next year, Empire: Total War. I'm a big fan of the total war series, been playing it since Shogun. Having watched a few trailers I hafta say this game looks fantastic. Mix of turn based empire building with RTS battles and for the first time ship combat!

Volt
10-15-2008, 08:53 AM
I used to do RTS back in the Orc Craft and C&C days... But the click rush of grab the resources got old and a good player with Tanya could rule the game. If you like the turn based then try the Combat Mission games:

http://www.battlefront.com/

Replay isn't good but sometimes even knowing the scripted actions still isn't enough. I have yelled at the screen many a time when morale got low the my yelow cowards ran from the fight.

VirtualSmitty
10-15-2008, 08:56 AM
I used to do RTS back in the Orc Craft and C&C days... But the click rush of grab the resources got old and a good player with Tanya could rule the game. If you like the turn based then try the Combat Mission games:

http://www.battlefront.com/

Replay isn't good but sometimes even knowing the scripted actions still isn't enough. I have yelled at the screen many a time when morale got low the my yelow cowards ran from the fight.

I'll have to give it a go when i'm finished with Dead Space, thanks for the link :tu

kgoings
10-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Figured we needed a thread about video games since there are so many great titles on the horizon. To start:

Next week:
LittleBigPlanet - game looks awesome. Platformer with crazy physics, a 3d place, and the ability to create some crazy levels of your own.

Are these PC games?

VirtualSmitty
10-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Are these PC games?

No. Fable 2 is an Xbox360 title, LittleBigPlanet is a PS3 title, and Dead Space is available for both X360 and PS3.

Kneo
10-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Guitar Hero: World Tour is one I will be picking up.

FriskyDingo
10-15-2008, 12:45 PM

The next COD for FPS...

Definitely looking forward to Fallout 3!

DrDubzz
10-15-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm pumped for CoD:WaW, I'm excited for the pacific theater battles

:eevis
10-15-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm pumped for CoD:WaW, I'm excited for the pacific theater battles
Not only that, but the same Multiplayer engine as CoD 4 , plus vehicles!

VirtualSmitty
10-15-2008, 07:43 PM

Don't forget the dogs!

10-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Don't forget the dogs!
A buddy that I used to play with a lot said about CoD 4, this would be even better if you could set out the dogs from the game. When I told him about this, he ran out and pre-ordered it

VirtualSmitty
10-16-2008, 11:35 AM
A buddy that I used to play with a lot said about CoD 4, this would be even better if you could set out the dogs from the game. When I told him about this, he ran out and pre-ordered it

I doubt it will be better than CoD4. The dogs are cool, but WW2 is overdone.

ucla695
10-16-2008, 12:56 PM

COD4 is like video crack. I love it!!

Exactly my thoughts.

Well, that could be cool. I'll wait to read reviews before I buy. Can you imagine COD4 with modern vehicles? That would be insane!!

Seanohue
10-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Warhammer Online

That is all.

Arracald - lvl 27 Chosen - Mordheim
Leiracild - lvl 15 Witch Elf - Mordheim
Darracald - lvl 2 Disciple of Khaine - Mordheim

Sean9689
10-16-2008, 01:46 PM

Next week:

Did you get Dead Space? Wondering what you think.

VirtualSmitty
10-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Did you get Dead Space? Wondering what you think.

Yep, haven't gotten that far but I really like it. It's very unusual, think survival horror but with a real b-movie feel to it. The combat is pretty good (it's awesome how you have to delimb the space zombies) level design is fantastic (hard to describe, gothic space station?), enemy design is excellent and different, AI is decent, weapons are pretty unique, voice acting is pretty good, music is good, and I like the upgradable weapons/suit options. It is a very dark game, lot's of disturbing moments that genuinely scared me. I haven't finished it yet but i'm really digging it so far, def worth a look Sean.

Volt
10-16-2008, 04:01 PM
I'll have to give it a go when i'm finished with Dead Space, thanks for the link :tu

Let me know when your ready - I can hook you up....

Volt
10-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Don't forget the dogs!

Effn dawgs :fl

Genetic Defect
10-16-2008, 04:04 PM
what are these video games?

Sean9689
10-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Yep, haven't gotten that far but I really like it. It's very unusual, think survival horror but with a real b-movie feel to it. The combat is pretty good (it's awesome how you have to delimb the space zombies) level design is fantastic (hard to describe, gothic space station?), enemy design is excellent and different, AI is decent, weapons are pretty unique, voice acting is pretty good, music is good, and I like the upgradable weapons/suit options. It is a very dark game, lot's of disturbing moments that genuinely scared me. I haven't finished it yet but i'm really digging it so far, def worth a look Sean.

Thanks for the review (so far), bro! I'm probably going to pull the trigger.

Volt
10-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Anyone got some old games they want to part with? Game swap/cigars/cash/girlfriends... I'm so bored I just bought Sid Meir's Pirates for $10, having a blast with it. He is one of the world's game masters. Love his stuff.

Jbailey
10-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Left 4 Dead is on my must-buy list as a zombie genre freak.

I'm all about anything zombie related.

I'm waiting for Resident Evil 5!

VirtualSmitty
10-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Anyone got some old games they want to part with? Game swap/cigars/cash/girlfriends... I'm so bored I just bought Sid Meir's Pirates for $10, having a blast with it. He is one of the world's game masters. Love his stuff.

Do you own any consoles or are you a PC gamer? Sid Meir's Pirates is awesome.

DrDubzz
10-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Pirates is a sweet game, makes me want to drink rum and bang... nevermind

I love his stuff, I'm a big Civ fan

VirtualSmitty
10-16-2008, 10:40 PM

Yep. There are a ton of good mods for Pirates! as well.

DrDubzz
10-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Yep. There are a ton of good mods for Pirates! as well.

I am not privy to these mods of which you speak... do tell

Volt
10-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Do you own any consoles or are you a PC gamer? Sid Meir's Pirates is awesome.

Strictly PC - no run for a console, and no time. Pc is about all I can mamage. I just elevated my self to levels in diificulty last night - I'm not quite the swordsman I thought I was.... Damn Pirates get rough.

Volt
10-17-2008, 06:12 AM

I love Civ 4 but play it poorly - I don't micro manage as well as I should.

King James
10-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Pirates, eh? only pirates game I know of is the free one from disney's website.

Volt
10-17-2008, 07:27 AM
This is stand alone - based on his first Pirates game.... Played on my C64 :) Both fairly similiar - Pick up the stand alone for $10 - good purchase.

I tried the online Disney one - decent, still had a beta feel and $$$ per month. Too many free online ones to pay to play.

King James
10-17-2008, 08:04 AM
I generally don't play PC games anymore, mostly because I have an iMac and this mouse and keyboard aren't too great for FPS. I have bootcamp w/ windows XP running so I guess I could get back into CS:S and some games, but have been console mostly for awhile

VirtualSmitty
10-17-2008, 08:53 AM
I am not privy to these mods of which you speak... do tell

There are a number of outfit mods here (http://www.pmajor.com/pirates/) (i'm partial to the black outfit sans eyepatch)

And there are just a ton of mods here (http://www.hookedonpirates.com/mods/index.php). I'm using a bunch of the flag models (because I need a Sobe flag lol), Djs shipmod, and a bunch of barmaid governors daughters mods.

Prefy
10-17-2008, 10:53 AM
I play Battlefield 2142 and COD4 on PC competitively...LOL I'm a NERD:D!!!

Cigargal
10-17-2008, 11:29 AM
I just finished Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway and am waiting for Fable and Fallout(both on order) Gears of War2 will have to go on my Christmas list as the game budget is maxxed!

Volt
10-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Game budget, cigar budget, motorcycle budget.... Too many budgets - and all are blown.

VirtualSmitty
10-17-2008, 01:00 PM
I just finished Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway and am waiting for Fable and Fallout(both on order) Gears of War2 will have to go on my Christmas list as the game budget is maxxed!

I am pumped for Fable 2 and Fallout. Gears not so much so.

LasciviousXXX
10-17-2008, 08:56 PM
I loved the first Fable, truly a ground-breaking game at that time.

Cigargal
10-17-2008, 09:01 PM
I am pumped for Fable 2 and Fallout. Gears not so much so.

I loved GoW-played through it with each grandson-same as Halo 2 and 3. When they come to visit I make them play with me:D

DrDubzz
10-17-2008, 09:12 PM
There are a number of outfit mods here (http://www.pmajor.com/pirates/) (i'm partial to the black outfit sans eyepatch)

And there are just a ton of mods here (http://www.hookedonpirates.com/mods/index.php). I'm using a bunch of the flag models (because I need a Sobe flag lol), Djs shipmod, and a bunch of barmaid governors daughters mods.

awesome thanks

shilala
10-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Guitar Hero: World Tour is one I will be picking up.
Me too. I just got Aerosmith last week to hold us over.
I swore I wasn't going to do it, but I needed another wireless guitar and the price was right.

schnell987
10-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Are there any good off road racing/rally games for Xbox360? Wanted to get a good one for my Brother.

Cigargal
10-19-2008, 01:28 PM

Still feel the same after a few days? Worth the money? I hear it is kinda short... I may take some old games to town and do a trade.

VirtualSmitty
10-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Still feel the same after a few days? Worth the money? I hear it is kinda short... I may take some old games to town and do a trade.

Yep. Do it, you won't be disappointed ;):ss

Cigargal
10-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Little Big Planet has been recalled? I don't have a PS3 so I am not affected, but someone on this thread was waiting for this one.

I expect an e-mail any minute to tell me fable2 has shipped...can't wait. I know what I am doing tomorrow night:tu

VirtualSmitty
10-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Little Big Planet has been recalled? I don't have a PS3 so I am not affected, but someone on this thread was waiting for this one.

I expect an e-mail any minute to tell me fable2 has shipped...can't wait. I know what I am doing tomorrow night:tu

LBP got delayed over a song that had some lines from the quran in it. Silly if you ask me, but that just means I will have more time with Fable 2. Tomorrow can't come soon enough! :D

Seanohue
10-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Heading to Gamestop today after class to pre-order Fallout 3. :tu My friend showed me a few videos online and now I am sooo excited for it!

Ms. Floydp
10-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Me too. I just got Aerosmith last week to hold us over.
I swore I wasn't going to do it, but I needed another wireless guitar and the price was right.

We got Aerosmith a month or so ago... some pretty awesome songs on there. I want to get GH4 bad but isn't gonna happen I'm sure. Don't really have room for the setup in our den and I don't want to play on anything other than the big screen.

I can't believe no-one has mentioned WorldofWarcraft!! Where are you Paul?? Wrath of the Linch King comes out on the 13th and it's easily the best game I've ever played and one that I want to play all the time. :( Been playing it for over 2 years and no sign of getting even a little bored with it yet. Blizzard has hit the money pot with this game.

DrDubzz
10-20-2008, 10:52 PM
anyone like to play CS Source?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQFYceNZS8

he does

Cigargal
10-22-2008, 12:15 PM
About 5 hrs into Fable2-having fun so far!

Seanohue
10-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Anyone else getting Fallout 3 tonight?

Volt
10-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I'll pick it up in the morning..... I've enjoyed posting here but I see my spare time coming out of the Vault to explore the world.

Volt
10-28-2008, 11:36 AM
I have pip-boy in hand and I'm preparing to leave the Vault...

Mugen910
10-28-2008, 11:38 AM
My bro just picked up LBP last night at BestBuy..was a crazy looking game..but it was fun to watch him play it..

Cigargal
10-28-2008, 01:09 PM
2/3 of the way through Fable and Fallout 3 should arrive today....

Volt
10-28-2008, 01:18 PM
ok, never heard of theis Fable stuff. What is it? Any Fable 1 peeps want to un load their old game? I can trade Stalker or Brother's in Arms EIB - or something else maybe?

DBall
10-28-2008, 02:25 PM
I got the Wii (and the balance board for the wii fit). That being said, I'm not huge on video games (because I am sure if I really got into them, I'd do little else... I don't go into things half-heartedly... ;)), however...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr40MjFwIU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWF9m8ckI1Y

This game is gonna be the shizz... you use the balance board to control your guy.

I can't remember the last time I was excited about any video game.

Presently all I have for the Wii is Madden 08 (awesome), Tiger 07 (incredible), Mortal Kombat Armageddon (very cool), and the Wii Fit (which I picked up for my wife, thinking she'd be the only one to ever use it... I was wrong... it's great).

Cigargal
10-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Shipment of Fallout was delayed a day-so it should be here tomorrow. Probably will start it this weekend.

VirtualSmitty
10-28-2008, 05:41 PM
I got Fallout today. Very awesome. LittleBigPlanet came yesterday. I just finished Fable 2 and Dead Space. Far Cry 2 is a whole lotta fun. I really can't remember having so many good games at once :)

Cigargal
10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
It's a good time to be a gamer.

Seanohue
10-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Fallout 3 is good :D

VirtualSmitty
10-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Fallout 3 is good :D

Yes it is! Needs patching bad though, too many bugs!

King James
10-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Will prolly get little big planet this weekend :)

forgop
10-30-2008, 08:31 AM
I've got a Wii stashed away for my wife/kids that I'm giving them for Christmas. Does anyone with small kids have some good games for young girls (currently 4/5)? I've seen some stuff like a Disney princess game, Hannah Montanna, American Idol, and a few others, but don't know how they would be. If you have any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

My wife just got a gym membership, but I'm thinking about Wii Fit for my wife for some additional workouts at home.

Volt
10-30-2008, 09:16 AM

No bugs so far (knock on wood)

SmokeyNL
10-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Just got fallout 3 for the ps3 and I love this game.

Little big planet comes out next week over here I believe and when it does it shall be mine as well :p (thanks for the tip Jordan #2)

VirtualSmitty
10-30-2008, 09:37 AM
No bugs so far (knock on wood)

Dude, i've put in less than four hours and have had some game breaking bugs. First, in the very beginning, when you take the test, the guy wouldn't give me my paper, so I just sat at the desk stuck. Restart, go through the bs again. Then at the radio station, after clearing out the baddies, I go up to talk to three dog and my guy gets stuck at the top of the stairs for no reason. he just won't move. I can turn, shoot, but I can't move cause i'm stuck on a little fukcing wall at the top. So I restart and have to do the whole freaking thing again! Then again, on my way towards the washington monument, at the hotel, I clear out the second floor of it's super mutant problem, I don't know where to go, so i'm just wandering, and again my guy gets stuck in a fukcing wall! So restart, and I have to do the whole thing over again! I am beyond frustrated with this game :fl:mad:

This is besides the floating corpses, the suspended body parts in mid air, floating brahmins's, and the terrible AI. And why does nobody blink!? The fact that i've had to restart three times already is beyond crazy, I like the game, but I don't even want to keep playing it until the stupid thing gets patched. I hate having to redo things over and over again, this is no good!

jquirit
10-30-2008, 09:52 AM
I loved GoW-played through it with each grandson-same as Halo 2 and 3. When they come to visit I make them play with me:D

Do you have XBox Live? Cigar Asylum GoW2 co-op! Also want to try the survival mode... sounds like lots of fun. :D

Cigargal
10-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Do you have XBox Live? Cigar Asylum GoW2 co-op! Also want to try the survival mode... sounds like lots of fun. :D

No Live! I would be playing all the time and be in a world of trouble here at home.

Mugen910
10-30-2008, 09:55 AM
No Live! I would be playing all the time and be in a world of trouble here at home.

I'm sure you want it though, huh? ;) c'mon...online gaming is soooo coool!

jquirit
10-30-2008, 09:58 AM

Hahahhaha! Looks like we need to get you one of those timers they use for kids to control how much tv/video games they play. :D

Ollie
10-30-2008, 10:23 AM
I've got a Wii stashed away for my wife/kids that I'm giving them for Christmas. Does anyone with small kids have some good games for young girls (currently 4/5)? I've seen some stuff like a Disney princess game, Hannah Montanna, American Idol, and a few others, but don't know how they would be. If you have any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

My wife just got a gym membership, but I'm thinking about Wii Fit for my wife for some additional workouts at home.

Sorry I can't answer your specific question, but I'm in the same boat (two boys, 4 & 6).

Mario cart was recommended to me as a 'must have'. There are also some games for the wii fit's balance board (wii ski, for ex.) that I figured the kids could master quicker than games using the remote. Other than that, it seems like all of the popular cartoon characters have their own games - Spongebob, Dora, etc.

You may be able to find some answers HERE. (http://www.wiispace.com/)

Seanohue
10-30-2008, 10:59 AM

Really? What console? I have PS3 and 2 guys down the hall of it for 360, and my roommate has it for PC, and none of them have bugs :confused:

DBall
10-30-2008, 11:20 AM
...but I'm thinking about Wii Fit for my wife for some additional workouts at home.

Get the wii fit as soon as you can (Walmart has em for $89)... it's the coolest video-game thing I've seen... not only will your wife love you for it, but the whole family will enjoy it (most likely you, too).

:tu

VirtualSmitty
10-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Really? What console? I have PS3 and 2 guys down the hall of it for 360, and my roommate has it for PC, and none of them have bugs :confused:

PS3. I checked the IGN and GT forums and i'm not the only one having these problems either. I'm done with this game until there's a patch.

Volt
10-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Ouch... your having some pain. Might want to do various check point saves instead of having to start over. I used to do that for some other games.

You sound like you either went a different direction or are way ahead of me. I'm the type that explores everthing so i get side tracked and don't typically rush through missions. I'm just completing the first survivior book mission to the grocery store and fixing to report in to the female who gave the mission.

Dude, i've put in less than four hours and have had some game breaking bugs. First, in the very beginning, when you take the test, the guy wouldn't give me my paper, so I just sat at the desk stuck. Restart, go through the bs again. Then at the radio station, after clearing out the baddies, I go up to talk to three dog and my guy gets stuck at the top of the stairs for no reason. he just won't move. I can turn, shoot, but I can't move cause i'm stuck on a little fukcing wall at the top. So I restart and have to do the whole freaking thing again! Then again, on my way towards the washington monument, at the hotel, I clear out the second floor of it's super mutant problem, I don't know where to go, so i'm just wandering, and again my guy gets stuck in a fukcing wall! So restart, and I have to do the whole thing over again! I am beyond frustrated with this game :fl:mad:

This is besides the floating corpses, the suspended body parts in mid air, floating brahmins's, and the terrible AI. And why does nobody blink!? The fact that i've had to restart three times already is beyond crazy, I like the game, but I don't even want to keep playing it until the stupid thing gets patched. I hate having to redo things over and over again, this is no good!

Cigargal
10-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Just getting ready to start the game...I looked at gamefaqs and didn't see any posts about terrible glitches. Maybe your disc is bad. I'm on a 360, so we shall see.

VirtualSmitty
10-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Just getting ready to start the game...I looked at gamefaqs and didn't see any posts about terrible glitches. Maybe your disc is bad. I'm on a 360, so we shall see.

If you check around the forums you will find a number of people having as bad of a time as me. There isn't anything wrong with the disc, it's just a glitchy game.

Joystiqs negareview was also pretty good in picking out the various problems with the game.

kwoody
10-30-2008, 04:16 PM
If anyone wants a beta code to COD 5 PC. Pm me:ss

Cigargal
10-30-2008, 08:26 PM
A few hours in and no problem so far-except the damn ants. I cleared out the super market and then headed over to help the kid find his dad and I don't have enough ammo to keep the buggers off me. I'm thinking that I am not ready to fight them. I am almost to level 3

Cigargal
11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I've been playing Fallout3 all weekend. I must have 20 hrs in the game-it is huge. I haven't had any glitches that I noticed. Game hasn't frozen up...been tons of fun. I did get the guide because this world is huge andlike Oblivion a person can spend a lot of time wandering around getting nowhere...The world map is unwieldy and the maps in the book aren't so good, but the walkthrus are very good.

The graphics in the games are great-when you get into D.C. you can really see the devastation.

VirtualSmitty
11-03-2008, 03:24 PM
This trailer for Red Alert 3 is awesome:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42291.html

Darrell
11-04-2008, 04:24 PM
I just pre-ordered GOW 2 and chose "release date delivery" for shipping option, it will be here on Friday and s/h was only $6. Amazon kicks ass!

Darrell
11-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Is anyone getting Left 4 Dead? That game looks GREAT! :tu

SmokeyNL
11-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Got little big planet yesterday, this game is fun for everyone, my girlfriend loves to play it, I like to make levels and things like that and our son loves to watch it like a cartoon :D

for more information: http://www.littlebigplanet.com/

Volt
11-05-2008, 07:49 AM
On FO 3 - On the 360 - I've read if it crashes - that clearing your cache may help. I have started having huge issues with the game locking up and crashing. I've tried most of the internet fixes I have read about. I finally got it to run in windowed mode with no crashing. This also helped kill the gamma though (very dark). Since then I have tweaked it to run in full mode and no crashes. Only issue I have left is some of the audio doesn't play???? What I have done:

1. Updated video and catalyst drivers
2. Updated audio/video codecs
3. Blew out the insides with air - it was very dirty. (this had a huge effect on the game - overheating the video board????
4. Played with the sync, anit-ailiasing, etc.

My thoughts.... It acts like either a huge memory and/or cpu leak eating up resources. Video or main RAM???? The clean cooling fins and better airflow may be helping, I need to install a thermometer to check the heat.

I just got a travel check from the company so I think a cheap add on sound card to free up the cpu a bit and swapping my ATI X1300 for a GeForce 8600GT 512MB (fastest card I can put in with out a PSU swap). It can't hurt and just might help. Never really owned a Nvidia GPU, but no external power required and it is DirectX10.

Very disappointed in Bethesda, definitly not their norm to put out this buggy a game. On the other hand - I am enjoying it quite a bit and damn ammo is tough to get. I'm having to boost the shooting perks over some other stuff I normally take.

Cigargal
11-05-2008, 09:29 AM
As to ammo-I started the game spending every cap on ammo and stimpaks. After awhile your enemies are tougher and carry more weapons and ammo. Most locked ammo cans have a decent cache of ammo. I focused on small guns and try to use my hunting rifle most of the time-super mutants usually have them(good for repair) and spare ammo to boot.

Since I have only a dozen games saved on my console, my 360 is performing well so far. I don't have Live(I don't know if that uses any of the memory or not.) For some reason, around the outside of the Jefferson Memorial it was a bit laggy, but that is the only place I have had a problem.

Darrell
11-05-2008, 09:35 AM
I kind of screwed myself. I talked to Moriarity and he told me that he would sell me information on my Dad for 100 caps. I went and got 100 caps from killing various bad guys, etc. Well when I went back to him, I had 150+ caps and he raised the price to 300.

That was a load of crap, so I busted out the flame thrower and killed everyone in there. :r

Now, I can't get out of town. :r :r :r

VirtualSmitty
11-05-2008, 11:26 AM
For anybody with a 360 that wants to try the CoD WaW beta, it's now available to all on the xbox live marketplace.

Seanohue
11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I just pre-ordered GOW 2 and chose "release date delivery" for shipping option, it will be here on Friday and s/h was only $6. Amazon kicks ass!

We're assembling 3 TVs and 3 Xboxs in the dorms here to play the 5 player co-op :D

Volt
11-05-2008, 01:34 PM
I kind of screwed myself. I talked to Moriarity and he told me that he would sell me information on my Dad for 100 caps. I went and got 100 caps from killing various bad guys, etc. Well when I went back to him, I had 150+ caps and he raised the price to 300.

That was a load of crap, so I busted out the flame thrower and killed everyone in there. :r

Now, I can't get out of town. :r :r :r

Well if Magaton doesn't start getting to be a bit more helpful... I'm gonna blow the nuke in the middle. I signed up for that optional mission from the Mafia looking dude. I guess though goodbye karma. That Irish bar owner really needs me to bust a cap in his face.

Cigargal
11-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Well if Magaton doesn't start getting to be a bit more helpful... I'm gonna blow the nuke in the middle. I signed up for that optional mission from the Mafia looking dude. I guess though goodbye karma. That Irish bar owner really needs me to bust a cap in his face.

I disarmed the bomb and got the house....I really needed to drop off some weapons. I go back to unload and sleep-sell stuff. I completed the Wasteland Survival Guide Quest, so I really don't need to go there often. Of course, now I have a contract out against me and the Talon gang is always trying to kill me-which is okay because I like their armor.

VirtualSmitty
11-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Blow the town up and get the penthouse. Karma be damned, it beats the heck out of that shack in megaton!

11-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I just finished the first of the Wasteland Survival quests. Walked arouned that :c Super Mart for an hour before i found the Food stash. FOund the medicine right of the bat.:bh I hate this game:D

But I need me a Pip-Boy

Cigargal
11-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I just finished the first of the Wasteland Survival quests. Walked arouned that :c Super Mart for an hour before i found the Food stash. FOund the medicine right of the bat.:bh I hate this game:D

But I need me a Pip-Boy

I was just the opposite...I found the food first and made a second trip back to get the drugs...needed more ammo :D Had to kill everything that moved.

Darrell
11-05-2008, 06:17 PM
I just found the radio station and then I died. :fl

Volt
11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I disarmed the bomb and got the house....I really needed to drop off some weapons. I go back to unload and sleep-sell stuff. I completed the Wasteland Survival Guide Quest, so I really don't need to go there often. Of course, now I have a contract out against me and the Talon gang is always trying to kill me-which is okay because I like their armor.

Hmm, I sort gave up on the guide - can't seem to locate the pool for teh mirliock observer with killing them.... Maybe I need to head back there.

Volt
11-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Blow the town up and get the penthouse. Karma be damned, it beats the heck out of that shack in megaton!

There is a Penthouse - where - I'm down with that!

Darrell
11-05-2008, 06:20 PM
There is a Penthouse - where - I'm down with that!

Tenpenney Tower I think it's called? You meet that shady dude in the suit there if you blow up Megaton.

VirtualSmitty
11-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Yep, tenpenny tower has the penthouse. Make sure you do all the megaton quests first though before you nuke it!

Cigargal
11-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Hmm, I sort gave up on the guide - can't seem to locate the pool for teh mirliock observer with killing them.... Maybe I need to head back there.

The pool was underground...somewhere near the Alaska memorial. I used two stealth boys to get in and out without killing any of the miralurks....I hate those things!

Cigargal
11-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Yep, tenpenny tower has the penthouse. Make sure you do all the megaton quests first though before you nuke it!

I get the feeling you guys don't care about losing karma.

Darrell
11-05-2008, 09:30 PM

I do, it's a PITA when you don't have any karma. :hn

Volt
11-06-2008, 03:22 AM
The pool was underground...somewhere near the Alaska memorial. I used two stealth boys to get in and out without killing any of the miralurks....I hate those things!

Yea, it's under the Alaaka memorial from what I can tell. I forgot about teh 2 Stealth Boys in the inventory... I'm heading back tonight :)

VirtualSmitty
11-06-2008, 08:25 AM

Actually, I like to play a balanced character. I really like that Robot, but it will only join your your party if your character has neutral karma. The one liners he spouts alone are worth a few bad deeds :D

AdamC
11-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I've been playing Mario Kart wii for a while...My XBOX360 got the ring of death. I was so pissed.

VirtualSmitty
11-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I've been playing Mario Kart wii for a while...My XBOX360 got the ring of death. I was so pissed.

Did you call Microsoft? odds are they'll replace it for you. I'm on my third 360 :r

Darrell
11-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know where to do the power training to be able to wear the power armor on Fallout 3?

SmokeyNL
11-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know where to do the power training to be able to wear the power armor on Fallout 3?

at the citadel I believe it was, elder lions there can teach you.

Darrell
11-07-2008, 09:41 AM
at the citadel I believe it was, elder lions there can teach you.

I just left the radio station, so I have not made it that far yet. :2

SmokeyNL
11-07-2008, 09:53 AM
its near rivet city where you need to go anyway, you will end up there anyway, but it will take longer if you follow the story

kayaker
11-07-2008, 09:54 AM
How's the game play in Fallout 3?

I'm using a walkthrough to finally get me through Fallout Tactics. Can't wait to start getting some energy weapons, and proper suits of amour.

Cigargal
11-07-2008, 12:44 PM
How's the game play in Fallout 3?

I'm using a walkthrough to finally get me through Fallout Tactics. Can't wait to start getting some energy weapons, and proper suits of amour.

I stuck with small arms and can take down a super mutant with one head shot while sneaking with the hunting rifle(lots of ammo available). I just put all my points in sneak, repair lockpick and small arms...sometimes a bit in science and medicine. I wear Talon mercenary armor.

Volt
11-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I went more science and lockpick and medical based on FO 1 &2.... Time to boost small arms.

VirtualSmitty
11-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey everyone, I found a great deal on the new Tom Clancy game, End War. There's a demo floating around, it's an RTS that you actually talk to and give commands. It's pretty cool, very unique, I liked the demo alot and ordered myself a copy. Go Gamer 48 hour madness, gotta love it, brand new 360 game for 39.99:

http://www.gogamer.com/Tom-Clancy-s-End-War-for-XBox-360-All-XBox-360-Games_stcVVproductId55451731VVcatId444939VVviewpro d.htm

That's 20 bucks less than Gamestop :)

mugwump
11-07-2008, 09:56 PM
I've been playing a lot of Rockband 2 with my wife and kids. It's such a blast and I'm enjoying every minute of it knowing that the day is fast approaching when they'll no longer want to do such crazy things with their old dad.

And I've finally got things figured out on the Call of Duty 5 beta so I'll be getting that next Tuesday.

VirtualSmitty
11-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm actually having some fun with the CoD beta now. I have to admit, double barrel shotgun is nice :D

Darrell
11-08-2008, 11:32 AM
The kid and I played some GOW 2 last night, good game. Had some fun with it, too bad he got himself grounded today so he will be dreaming of playing GOW 2 and that's about it. :r

Darrell
11-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Man, I am loving Fallout 3. This is such a kick ass game. :tu

Nimbus
11-09-2008, 12:44 PM
The last game that I played was Metal Gear Solid IV and Halo 3. Both are excellent in their respective rights!

Genetic Defect
11-09-2008, 01:11 PM
is fallout 3 that good? I have to readup on it, not a big fan of walking around shooting.

VirtualSmitty
11-09-2008, 01:14 PM
is fallout 3 that good? I have to readup on it, not a big fan of walking around shooting.

In which case you won't like it. The whole game is walking around, exploring, and shooting.

Genetic Defect
11-09-2008, 01:16 PM
In which case you won't like it. The whole game is walking around, exploring, and shooting.

Thanks, you saved me time, what about Fable 2, anygood? I like RPGs not FPS crap:dance:

VirtualSmitty
11-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks, you saved me time, what about Fable 2, anygood? I like RPGs not FPS crap:dance:

I really liked Fable 2. Easy intuitive combat system, plenty of side quests aside from the main quest, funny, and of course the only game with virtual orgies lol.

have you played Dead Space yet perry?

Genetic Defect
11-09-2008, 01:25 PM
No, my game time is limited now. :( the last game I spent any length of time on was ES Oblivion. played games in between but nothing has me captivated by it.

Seanohue
11-09-2008, 01:28 PM
No, my game time is limited now. :( the last game I spent any length of time on was ES Oblivion. played games in between but nothing has me captivated by it.

If you spent a lot of time on Oblivion, then you will definitely like Fallout 3; it's pretty much the same game, but in the future.

Genetic Defect
11-09-2008, 01:29 PM
If you spent a lot of time on Oblivion, then you will definitely like Fallout 3; it's pretty much the same game, but in the future.

:confused: now I have to read again :r

jitzy
11-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I really liked Fable 2. Easy intuitive combat system, plenty of side quests aside from the main quest, funny, and of course the only game with virtual orgies lol.

have you played Dead Space yet perry?

did you finish it yet and if so how did you like it compared to the original?

jitzy
11-09-2008, 01:33 PM
I got fallout 3 from gamefly last week and still haven't been able to play (had shoulder surgery, its almost like a sick joke I'm out of work sick and can't enjoy my game)

VirtualSmitty
11-09-2008, 01:43 PM
did you finish it yet and if so how did you like it compared to the original?

Yes, I did beat it and I like it better than the original. It's a bit longer, there are more sidequests than the original, more area to explore, world is more effected by your good/bad deeds than in the first, overall just better in just about every way.

VirtualSmitty
11-09-2008, 01:45 PM

Well, Fallout is kinds like oblivion. Only set in a nuked out DC. And you have guns.

if your game time is limited, rent Dead Space. It is at the moment, imho, the best game released all year.

Genetic Defect
11-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Well, Fallout is kinds like oblivion. Only set in a nuked out DC. And you have guns.

if your game time is limited, rent Dead Space. It is at the moment, imho, the best game released all year.

that I can do :) hope they have it in :)

Genetic Defect
11-09-2008, 02:24 PM
should I rent Dead Space and fallout 3 for PS3 or Xbox360?

Seanohue
11-09-2008, 03:36 PM

Depends whether you want achievements or not.

VirtualSmitty
11-09-2008, 07:09 PM

Like Sean said, unless you care about 360 gamer achievements, it really doesn't matter.

Genetic Defect
11-09-2008, 07:44 PM
achievments don't mean much to me. Thanks now do I want to play on the plasma or DLP :r

VirtualSmitty
11-09-2008, 08:06 PM
achievments don't mean much to me. Thanks now do I want to play on the plasma or DLP :r

Plasma :ss

Seanohue
11-09-2008, 08:30 PM

DLP of course! Play on your PS3 then, since it's got the HDMI/Optical outputs (unless you have the 360 elite....)

VirtualSmitty
11-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Anyone picking up Mirror's Edge today?

Cigargal
11-11-2008, 10:05 AM

I maxed out my game budget this month with three games...let us know how it is. The ads remind me of PERFECT DARK ZERO.

Seanohue
11-11-2008, 11:01 AM

Nah; only got a 7.0 from Gamespot. Not worthy of purchase, IMO. Resistance 2 got a 9.0 though, so I may grab that (or wait for someone else to buy it and then borrow it).

VirtualSmitty
11-11-2008, 07:50 PM
I maxed out my game budget this month with three games...let us know how it is. The ads remind me of PERFECT DARK ZERO.

I may rent it, there is a demo online you can download for both X360 and PS3. I'm busy with CoD right now. my friggin third Xbox died today, moving on to 360 number 4 :r

11-12-2008, 03:26 PM
World at War is Awesome!!! I like that fact that it is a little more tactical than Modern Warfare because it cuts down on the pray and spray of the modern weapons. And the maps are awesome and provide more cover and and vantage points to snipe from. Just my opinion. Unlike many others, I don't mind at all that it went back to WWII

Volt
11-12-2008, 04:19 PM
World at War is Awesome!!! I like that fact that it is a little more tactical than Modern Warfare because it cuts down on the pray and spray of the modern weapons. And the maps are awesome and provide more cover and and vantage points to snipe from. Just my opinion. Unlike many others, I don't mind at all that it went back to WWII

Sigh----- one more to add to the buy list. Why do they all come out at teh same time?

11-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Same reason all the Summer Blockbuster movies do, Its the time of year

Volt
11-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Same reason all the Summer Blockbuster movies do, Its the time of year

Yea, but it doesn't make it any easier on the wallet.

VirtualSmitty
11-13-2008, 10:23 PM

The full version is much better than the beta. So many more reasons to play. And zombie mode is actually damned fun, my brother and I have been rocking that, although the furthest we've been able to make it is level 13 :r

Kneo
11-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Well I picked up GOW 2 and I am liking it so far. I didn't care for part 1. I insist on playing through the solo game before I do any MP. But once I get that done I am up for some MP if anyone is interested.

Anyone pick up GH World Tour? How does it compare to Rockband 2?

Is FO 3 really like Oblivion? If so I might have to pick it up.

Cigargal
11-14-2008, 07:02 PM
It is like Oblivion, only a different landscape. High tech weapons instead of swords. Main quest and side quests and lots of exploring and fighting for your life in the wilderness.

Genetic Defect
11-14-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm really wanting FO3 now

Kneo
11-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Just picked up Fall Out 3 for the 360! Now I am just waiting to pick up CoD 5.

Genetic Defect
11-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Just picked up Fall Out 3 for the 360! Now I am just waiting to pick up CoD 5.

I'm not sure I like you :r

VirtualSmitty
11-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Is FO 3 really like Oblivion? If so I might have to pick it up.

Yes and no. The gameplay style is cetainly oblivion with guns. First person style, but no run and gun here (third person view is just as worthless as it was in oblivion). I'd say the mainquest in Fallout is probably shorter than Oblivion and if you beat it, it's over. There's no continuing on to do other missed quests like in Oblivion. Also, if your a fan of old school Fallout games, prepare yourself for a very watered down adaptation of the universe here.

DrDubzz
11-17-2008, 05:46 PM
been playing Resistance 2 this weekend, it's a sweet game.

just a rental though, can't wait to pick up WAW in a couple weeks

Darrell
11-18-2008, 10:08 AM
I thought XBL was supposed to update today, I did not get an update request when I logged in, am I wrong? :confused:

Dooge
11-18-2008, 10:59 AM
The update happens tomorrow.

Everyone who signed up for the beta got it 24 hours earlier than everyone else (it's pretty fancy looking ;))

Darrell
11-18-2008, 11:01 AM
The update happens tomorrow.

Everyone who signed up for the beta got it 24 hours earlier than everyone else (it's pretty fancy looking ;))

Is it true you can watch Netflix with it?

Dooge
11-18-2008, 11:17 AM
yessir

Darrell
11-18-2008, 11:17 AM
yessir

That's dope as hell. I can't wait. :2

Dooge
11-18-2008, 11:54 AM
yeah man.. getting ready to eventually sign back up for netflix just for that ;)

Darrell
11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
yeah man.. getting ready to eventually sign back up for netflix just for that ;)

I don't blame you at all. I have NetFlix and am a Gold XBOX Live member, so I'm all set for the update. :tu

Dooge
11-18-2008, 12:09 PM
hah, yeah you are. All you need to do now is get online so we can play L4D with you

Darrell
11-18-2008, 12:11 PM
hah, yeah you are. All you need to do now is get online so we can play L4D with you

I'll have my game tonight, I might play something after I have lunch and a cigar. Most likely Fallout 3 though. :2

Lumpold
11-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Am I a bit late getting into Company of Heroes? I also play Football Manager (Worldwide Soccer Manager).

VirtualSmitty
11-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Am I a bit late getting into Company of Heroes? I also play Football Manager (Worldwide Soccer Manager).

Awesome game. Best RTS out there imo. There is a new expansion coming in the spring!

Mugen910
11-18-2008, 01:17 PM
been playing Resistance 2 this weekend, it's a sweet game.

Nooooo COD5 aka Call of Duty-World at War

Lumpold
11-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Awesome game. Best RTS out there imo. There is a new expansion coming in the spring!

I don't even have the first expansion yet - I'm still getting through the campaign for the first time, on easy! It's fuggin' hard, still getting used to how to control everything!

DBall
11-18-2008, 02:08 PM
I picked up skate it today... Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Darrell
11-18-2008, 02:10 PM
I picked up skate it today... Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Fun game! :tu

SmokeyNL
11-18-2008, 03:32 PM
have you fallout players seen this allready?

http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/maps/1/Capital-Wasteland

its a google earth style map of the wasteland :D

Genetic Defect
11-18-2008, 03:34 PM

I have yet to play fallout, and no I have not seen it :)

Cigargal
11-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Left 4Dead?? Going to be as good as Resident Evil series?

Cigargal
11-19-2008, 08:58 AM

The map in the game guide is great=though huge.

I am almost to the point in the main quest where there is no turning back so I am exploring. I decided to go after all the bobbleheads since I only had 5!! It's a big world out there and you can do the main quest and all the misc. quest and miss a lot of it. The Death Claw Sanctuary is downright scary-hate those things.

Volt
11-19-2008, 09:00 AM

Crap!!!! I quit the storey line 5 days ago to wander around and find places for the fun of it. Let's just say - I thought I was doing better than I really am.... Time for new hiking boots. Here Dogmet, here boy, off to see new places.

Volt
11-19-2008, 09:02 AM
The map in the game guide is great=though huge.

I am almost to the point in the main quest where there is no turning back so I am exploring. I decided to go after all the bobbleheads since I only had 5!! It's a big world out there and you can do the main quest and all the misc. quest and miss a lot of it. The Death Claw Sanctuary is downright scary-hate those things.

Only found 1 bobblehead so far :( Unhappily one of teh great things about Fallout was the ending. It used to review all the chars and your effect on them and the towns. No such ending in #3 from what I have read. Bethesda is really losing their grip...

VirtualSmitty
11-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Only found 1 bobblehead so far :( Unhappily one of teh great things about Fallout was the ending. It used to review all the chars and your effect on them and the towns. No such ending in #3 from what I have read. Bethesda is really losing their grip...

Yep, the endings are weak unfortunately.

You need to pick up a copy of Left for Dead and game with the CA crew Volt ;)

Volt
11-19-2008, 09:45 AM
What is Left for Dead like? I was thinking COD 5 next.....

VirtualSmitty
11-19-2008, 09:55 AM
What is Left for Dead like? I was thinking COD 5 next.....

Think swarms of 28 days later zombies against four players.

Though CoD is also quite good. I've been tearing that game up when nobody is on.

King James
11-19-2008, 10:29 AM
little big planet out now.... resistance 2, CoD 5, Fallout, NHL 09, Killzone 2 .... all these games coming or already out and I have no time for any of them :( ... xmas break cant come soon enough

Volt
11-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Tyoical fall releases.... Everybody realeses at once and IMO lose out. One, maybe 2 is all I can go at this time of year (time and $$$). Come Apr/May I'll be hunting them down to play.

Mugen910
11-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Think swarms of 28 days later zombies against four players.

Though CoD is also quite good. I've been tearing that game up when nobody is on.

:confused:

Hey Mike they have a zombie level you can play too...just you and 3 players gotta see how long you last with zombies trying to infiltrate. :tu

cigars_n_scotch
11-19-2008, 12:16 PM
i just picked up COD 5 and GoW2 (Gears of War) and played COD 5 last night. I started out playing single player and that lasted all of 2-3 missions then I wanted to see what multiplayer was like and thus far I am impressed. I am a COD4 addict but all of the modded controller players are quite annoying. COD 5 is better in my opinion for multiplayer though they still have juggernaut which is ridiculous. I played for a good bit last night and reached level 15.

anytime that someone wants to play just hit me up and let me know.

gt=cigars n scotch

cigars_n_scotch
11-19-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't blame you at all. I have NetFlix and am a Gold XBOX Live member, so I'm all set for the update. :tu

can you explain a little more what this means? i have netflix and am a gold member.

Darrell
11-19-2008, 01:34 PM
can you explain a little more what this means? i have netflix and am a gold member.

It means that you will be able to download the Netflix add-on for the new XBOX dashboard and watch streaming movies that are saved on your queue (only works for videos you can watch via the computer on NetFlix, not everyone movie is available).

DrDubzz
11-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Nooooo COD5 aka Call of Duty-World at War

I didn't want to spend 8 bucks to rent a game I'm getting next week

so I rented the one I probably wouldn't buy

I'm pumped for WaW

Mugen910
11-19-2008, 01:54 PM

I'm pumped for WaW

saaaweeet! By next week I should be a Brig. Gen. :D

Lumpold
11-19-2008, 04:11 PM

I'm pumped for WaW

Man, they should have made World at Warcraft - using your sorcerer to destroy hitler.

DrDubzz
11-19-2008, 05:04 PM
saaaweeet! By next week I should be a Brig. Gen. :D

which system do you play on? (I want to know if I get to own you or not)

Mugen910
11-19-2008, 05:05 PM
which system do you play on? (I want to know if I get to own you or not)

The better one that plays bluray. :r

DrDubzz
11-19-2008, 05:50 PM
The better one that plays bluray. :r

ooooooh goodie, I have the one that plays blu-rays too!

I will acquire your PSN ID when I get the game

VirtualSmitty
11-20-2008, 09:55 PM
:confused:

Hey Mike they have a zombie level you can play too...just you and 3 players gotta see how long you last with zombies trying to infiltrate. :tu

What, I like the actual game a lot more than the beta. Mulitplayer is mad fun!

cigars_n_scotch
11-21-2008, 08:55 AM
What, I like the actual game a lot more than the beta. Mulitplayer is mad fun!

I convinced myself to suck it up and finish the solo campaign just to get the zombie level in coop and it was well worth it. It's loads of fun. The solo campaign is nothing to brag about, quite boring if you ask me but I always buy these games for the MP so it doesn't really matter. MP is tons of fun and I really like that Treyarch coded the game so that modded controllers don't work. This COD is a little more difficult to level up given the weapons, unlike the spray and pray fully auto's of COD4 which is another plus in my book. I bought COD:WW and GOW2 at the same time earlier this week and I have yet to open GOW2. I really want to but have just spent all of my time on COD: WW.

Smitty, what's your GT?

VirtualSmitty
11-21-2008, 09:12 AM
My GT is VS82. And I agree with you on many points, Zombie mode is awesome, single player is blah, multiplayer is improved. Single player is just missing the intensity that CoD4 had. The Russian levels I found to be better than the US campaign. Enemy AI was crap for one thing, the whole death cards thing I could care less about, and coop campaign was just a little too easy.

But like you said, multiplayer is where it's at. Sub machine guns get spammed a bit, but otherwise I think everything is better balanced. I'll be honest and admit i'm guilty of Ppsh spam on some levels. I also like the higher leveling cap, more prestige, more perks, little more graphic, and the vehicles.

Mugen910
11-21-2008, 09:14 AM
My GT is VS82. And I agree with you on many points, Zombie mode is awesome, single player is blah, multiplayer is improved. Single player is just missing the intensity that CoD4 had. The Russian levels I found to be better than the US campaign. Enemy AI was crap for one thing, the whole death cards thing I could care less about, and coop campaign was just a little too easy.

But like you said, multiplayer is where it's at. Sub machine guns get spammed a bit, but otherwise I think everything is better balanced. I'll be honest and admit i'm guilty of Ppsh spam on some levels. I also like the higher leveling cap, more prestige, more perks, little more graphic, and the vehicles.

I know it's a stretch but why can't they ever get rid of the n00btubes... ugh..once I see a guy/gal use one..they become my new fav target!:2

VirtualSmitty
11-21-2008, 09:18 AM
I know it's a stretch but why can't they ever get rid of the n00btubes... ugh..once I see a guy/gal use one..they become my new fav target!:2

No kidding. I hate how the MP40 does MORE damage than a Thompson. And all the newbs always use either stopping power of juggernaut. it seems like everytime I die it's from someone hitting me with an MP40 with stopping power. It's ok though, it only makes blowing them into chunks with my sawed off double barrel shottie all the more fun. Or even better, the shotgun bayonet kill. Nothing says pwned like being stabbed to death by a shotgun :D

Mugen910
11-21-2008, 09:20 AM
No kidding. I hate how the MP40 does MORE damage than a Thompson. And all the newbs always use either stopping power of juggernaut. it seems like everytime I die it's from some hitting me with an MP40 with stopping power. It's ok though, it only makes blowing them into chunks with my sawed off double barrel shottie all the more fun. Or even better, the shotgun bayonet kill. Nothing says pwned like being stabbed to death by a shotgun :D

hahaha...I concur! I do wish there was something really drastic to say "You got pwnd!" I remember on game where as the medic you revived dying people but if you so inclined..you could use it on the enemy! Nothing better than seeing

Kaze978 (shock paddle sign) newbiebewbie :r

VirtualSmitty
11-21-2008, 09:27 AM
I hate it when someone has last stand and screams "REVIVE ME, REVIVE ME!". I answer buy throwing a molotov in their face, followed by a STFU :ss

King James
11-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Picked up CoD5 last week and although I was skeptical at first I do like it. I'm not a huge fan of returning to the WW2 format, but the game is pretty good. I have not played online yet, but maybe will later today

Mugen910
11-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Picked up CoD5 last week and although I was skeptical at first I do like it. I'm not a huge fan of returning to the WW2 format, but the game is pretty good. I have not played online yet, but maybe will later today

Online is where it's at bro!:ss

King James
11-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Online is where it's at bro!:ss

Oh I know. Played quite a few hours online w/ cod4. Just have been enjoying the campaign so far

Mugen910
11-28-2008, 11:41 AM
yeah campaigns are fun...

King James
11-28-2008, 12:15 PM
wow. I just finished the campaign and it seemed REALLY short. I'm kind of disappointed.

Mugen910
11-28-2008, 12:22 PM
wow. I just finished the campaign and it seemed REALLY short. I'm kind of disappointed.

I haven't played the campaign mode but I usually like the challenges..

VirtualSmitty
11-28-2008, 12:56 PM

The campaign is short, and I found it much less intense than Cod4. I also got a bit sick of listening to Keiffer Sutherland and Gary Oldman screaming at me every 10 seconds lol. However, when you jack up the difficulty and start hunting for death cards I am finding the single player in WaW has a lot more replayability than CoD4's campaign had. Plus coop campaign is cool and the zombie mode is a nice bit of fan service. It's tough, it's fun, it requires teamwork and strategy, one of these days some of you guys got to jump on and rock some zombies with me online!

King James
11-28-2008, 01:01 PM
The campaign is short, and I found it much less intense than Cod4. I also got a bit sick of listening to Keiffer Sutherland and Gary Oldman screaming at me every 10 seconds lol. However, when you jack up the difficulty and start hunting for death cards I am finding the single player in WaW has a lot more replayability than CoD4's campaign had. Plus coop campaign is cool and the zombie mode is a nice bit of fan service. It's tough, it's fun, it requires teamwork and strategy, one of these days some of you guys got to jump on and rock some zombies with me online!

I'd be up for that. Thought you play on PC though? I haven't tried the campaign on higher difficulty levels yet, but I do wish it was a tad longer.

VirtualSmitty
11-28-2008, 01:07 PM
I'd be up for that. Thought you play on PC though? I haven't tried the campaign on higher difficulty levels yet, but I do wish it was a tad longer.

I'm usually a PC guy, but all my friends got it for X360 so I caved and bought it for xbox.

The campaign could have been longer, I agree. But I think with only telling the two stories, USA and Soviet, it would have dragged a bit. I would have liked to see a British campain to keep things fresh, like some of the previous CoD games. My hope is maybe we'll see some DLC in the future.

King James
11-28-2008, 01:18 PM
eh just got my ass kicked online for about 30 mins. I'm a bit rusty

Mugen910
11-28-2008, 01:19 PM
eh just got my ass kicked online for about 30 mins. I'm a bit rusty

it take a game or two for me to shake off the rust..I'm sure you just need time to learn the map and weapons.:tu

cvm4
11-29-2008, 06:02 AM
I just picked up FarCry 2 from Amazon for $25, woot!

King James
11-29-2008, 08:30 AM
it take a game or two for me to shake off the rust..I'm sure you just need time to learn the map and weapons.:tu

yah, hit a decent streak last night

AdamC
11-29-2008, 08:54 AM
I gotta set up my XBOX live account again. Still haven't sent in my 360 to get fixed yet. Stupid ring of death sucks.

AdamC
11-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Got my Wii working though if any of you got it.

VirtualSmitty
11-29-2008, 09:21 AM
yah, hit a decent streak last night

I haven't quite gotten used to playing with the Xbox controller. I haven't been able to pull off a good streak yet, the best i've done so far is a 34 kill streak on dome.

VirtualSmitty
12-01-2008, 08:58 AM
I got home yesterday from a week long jaunt in SC and last night I tried the FarCry DLC weapons pack. It's actually quick awesome, the sawed off shotty is cool, the silenced shotgun is all sorts of badass, and the crossbow that shots exploding arrows has a very Rambo sort of feel to it. I like :D

Also, some Cyber Monday deals:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/under20/

http://www.gogamer.com/Black-Friday-Deals_stcVVcatId544567VVviewcat.htm

Amazon has some decent deals going today as well.

Volt
12-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Ok, yetsday I plunked down my hard earned cash for COD WaW. This is the second piece of crap software I have purchased in the last 30 days. I'm not even going to detail all the crap I went through to get FO3 to run without crashing.

With COD WaW on the PC - it just would not run. Based on comments on the Internet, I have had to set my desktop to 800x600 and 60hz and dummed my audio down to 41Khz..... Get this - I have had to "dumb down" my pc in order to get the game to run and it still crashes on load about 50% of the time. Once up and running it is at least stable. I'v been gaming since 1984, so yes I know to update everything. The system is up to date, video and audio driver (I even tried a few betas)....... An they cry and whine about game theft/copying. I'm going back to my old ways, burn it first and if I like it buy it.... Right now I'd gladly stick a dull knife in someones chest for wasting my money, patience and most importantly my time with this piece of crap....

Rant over.

VirtualSmitty
12-01-2008, 10:09 AM
What video card are you using Volt?

spooble
12-01-2008, 10:19 AM
I picked up Pure and Baja for the PS3 from Amazon today... $20 each. Both games have mediocre reviews, but I couldn't pass them up at that price.

Volt
12-01-2008, 10:38 AM
What video card are you using Volt?
My first Nvidia and last 8600GT or something like that. I just got it Last month. I miss my ATI.... 3 ATIs back to back - not 1 video issue in 5 years. It pays to buy good stuff from the OEM people.

cvm4
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Over the weekend, I also picked up Resistance for $20 and Brothers In Arms for $17!!!

VirtualSmitty
12-01-2008, 04:27 PM
My first Nvidia and last 8600GT or something like that. I just got it Last month. I miss my ATI.... 3 ATIs back to back - not 1 video issue in 5 years. It pays to buy good stuff from the OEM people.

Well, for what it's worth, i've heard quite a few people complain about CoD WaW issues. I can report that my 360 copy runs flawless lol. Anyways, i'm not sure it's a GeForce problem your having. One of my buds has an ATI 4870 and has told me he can't get it to run worth a damn either!

Volt
12-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, for what it's worth, i've heard quite a few people complain about CoD WaW issues. I can report that my 360 copy runs flawless lol. Anyways, i'm not sure it's a GeForce problem your having. One of my buds has an ATI 4870 and has told me he can't get it to run worth a damn either!

Ok the 2 things that allow it to start 1/2 the time are:

setting the screen to 800 x 600 and 60 hz

setting the audio to 24 bit 41Khz

Back to the warez side of life.... Never thought i'd say that again. Time to bone up on teh copy protection schemes...

VirtualSmitty
12-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Ok the 2 things that allow it to start 1/2 the time are:

setting the screen to 800 x 600 and 60 hz

setting the audio to 24 bit 41Khz

Back to the warez side of life.... Never thought i'd say that again. Time to bone up on teh copy protection schemes...

It's not even worth playing at those crappy settings. I tried playing CoD4 on my laptop while I was away, but it just looked to bad. 800x600? No mas.

EDIT: Kudos to the mod that stickied this thread.

Genetic Defect
12-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Wtg till after the holidays for new games

VirtualSmitty
12-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Wtg till after the holidays for new games

Don't miss this (http://www.gogamer.com/Barbie-Island-Princess-for-Nintendo-DS-Front-Page_stcVVproductId46221055VVcatId444710VVviewprod .htm) special deal Perry!

Genetic Defect
12-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Don't miss this (http://www.gogamer.com/Barbie-Island-Princess-for-Nintendo-DS-Front-Page_stcVVproductId46221055VVcatId444710VVviewprod .htm) special deal Perry!

:hm I will borrow Jimmehs

Volt
12-01-2008, 06:35 PM
It's not even worth playing at those crappy settings. I tried playing CoD4 on my laptop while I was away, but it just looked to bad. 800x600? No mas.

EDIT: Kudos to the mod that stickied this thread.

Actually it's not to bad once the game is running and all the video options are cranked up.... That is if I can get it running.....

Cigargal
12-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Almost done with Fallout 3. I explored just about everywhere and picked up on the main quest. Unfortunately I do not see much sense in playing this through a second time-sure is a fun game, though...maybe after a year or two.

VirtualSmitty
12-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Almost done with Fallout 3. I explored just about everywhere and picked up on the main quest. Unfortunately I do not see much sense in playing this through a second time-sure is a fun game, though...maybe after a year or two.

The liberation of Alaska is imminent :usa

Cigargal
12-01-2008, 10:07 PM
The world is now safe!

Sorry to see the game over. It is such a well designed game that is is beautiful to watch.

Now on to Dead Spaces.

VirtualSmitty
12-02-2008, 06:14 PM
The world is now safe!

Sorry to see the game over. It is such a well designed game that is is beautiful to watch.

Now on to Dead Spaces.

I think you will like Dead Space. After playing many superb games this year Dead Space is still my favorite game so far. Though Prince of Persia does look promising!

I just leveled up to a 65 in CoD. The Carbine/Flamethrower combo is beastly :D

cigars_n_scotch
12-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Volt you should just get a console! My xbox 360 copy has had no problems. I think that a lot of games they are making for PC's nowadays are not being handled well by a majority of the systems that consumers have. Not everyone can afford to buy a new desktop or laptop every 2 years, but these system requirements just keep going WAY up.

Smitty, what do you play the most to level up? I started playing a little coop (campaign) and such which is ok, but I mostly play HC SnD, HC FFA, or HC TDM.

Anybody up for coop campaign to get some XP?

Cigargal
12-03-2008, 11:32 AM
On the 3rd chapter of Dead Space. Damn Spooky game. Reminds me of Aliens and BioShock. Always something jumping out at ya from crawly spaces. Ammo is scarce so I do a lot of critter stomping.

Mugen910
12-03-2008, 11:36 AM
I think you will like Dead Space. After playing many superb games this year Dead Space is still my favorite game so far. Though Prince of Persia does look promising!

I just leveled up to a 65 in CoD. The Carbine/Flamethrower combo is beastly :D

:tu

I'm sadly only on level 56...I've been on HC TDM but recently got intro into HD F4A..more people to kill you but vice versa I say. :r

kayaker
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
You guys all have fun with your new V-Games.

I finally finished Fallout Tactics. Much easier following a walk through and planning better at the beginning of the game.

In a few years time I should finally have a computer capable of playing Fallout 3.:rolleyes:

VirtualSmitty
12-04-2008, 08:25 PM
This is an epic British PS2 ad I saw on GT (NSFW!!!)

Clickme (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/293379.html?playlist=featured)