View Full Version : Games thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Apoco
10-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Forza 4 should be waiting on me when I get home :banger
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
10-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks to steam (bastards) I pulled down the last two Red Faction games. Armageddon has promise at $20. The magnet gun is fun, reeking though it does of "give us a gravity gun like HL2 but...make it different enough so it's not so obvious we just stole the idea."

Apoco
10-13-2011, 02:04 PM
I was just checking to see when Assassin's Creed revelations comes out and saw an awesome sale going down on Amazon.

Preorder for PS3? $60
Preorder for Xbox? $60
Preorder for PC (with DVD-rom shipped to you)? $50
Preorder for PC (download)? $35

I know which one I'm doing! Heck - brotherhood is still $20 - or get the new one for $15 extra!
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
10-13-2011, 02:13 PM
I was just checking to see when Assassin's Creed revelations comes out and saw an awesome sale going down on Amazon.

Preorder for PS3? $60
Preorder for Xbox? $60
Preorder for PC (with DVD-rom shipped to you)? $50
Preorder for PC (download)? $35

I know which one I'm doing! Heck - brotherhood is still $20 - or get the new one for $15 extra!
Posted via Mobile Device

After bailing an hour in to the first one I'm just having a hard time with the idea of diving back in to the franchise. I know people keep saying how they fixed it. but... yeesh.

Once bitten.

Bill86
10-13-2011, 02:21 PM
The first Assassin's Creed is rough, the second is MUCH better....Brotherhood :banger

Love Brotherhood, Revelations will be EPIC!

madwilliamflint
10-14-2011, 11:47 AM
So Steam has a "Free to Play" weekend on Warhammer 40k dawn of war 2 "Retribution". Can't seem to get to it to try it, but they've been pretty good to me so far (40k strategy games) and the price deal is sweet, so if I can get to the free to play to demo it I may end up with it.

I still miss C&C Generals: Zero Hour for classic RTS goodness though :)

Bill86
10-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Trying Might and Magic VI out, we'll see. Looks alright, sadly though I was more impressed with the old school ones.

madwilliamflint
10-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Trying Might and Magic VI out, we'll see. Looks alright, sadly though I was more impressed with the old school ones.

aren't they all turn-based grid layout combat now?

Bill86
10-14-2011, 11:19 PM
aren't they all turn-based grid layout combat now?

Yep.

Just like the old school game Heroes of Might and Magic.

madwilliamflint
10-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Yep.

Just like the old school game Heroes of Might and Magic.

Gak. none for me thanks, I'm driving.

Apoco
10-17-2011, 09:02 AM
I watched the MLG for Starcraft 2 this weekend. Idra's run was INSANE. I feel so bad for him that he had to play that many games back-to-back. He was playing fantastically but it got rougher as time went on...who knows what a break would have done for him :(

Gamefly (figured I would give it a shot) delivered Deus Ex:HR for the PS3. Been enjoying it - it reinforces the fact that I have no idea how to play a stealth game. So far my approach has been "hope to find enough ammo". I hit the first boss last night right before I hit the hay - guess I will pick it back up when I get home. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

irratebass
10-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Sorry to intrrupt this thread, but
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY drops tomorrow!!!! :noon:noon

Bill86
10-17-2011, 11:38 AM
I watched the MLG for Starcraft 2 this weekend. Idra's run was INSANE. I feel so bad for him that he had to play that many games back-to-back. He was playing fantastically but it got rougher as time went on...who knows what a break would have done for him :(

Gamefly (figured I would give it a shot) delivered Deus Ex:HR for the PS3. Been enjoying it - it reinforces the fact that I have no idea how to play a stealth game. So far my approach has been "hope to find enough ammo". I hit the first boss last night right before I hit the hay - guess I will pick it back up when I get home. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

you should see how I play the Hitman games :r

I'm definitely no silent assassin :D

I've seen so many mass murderer ratings it's not even funny. I just suck at the stealth.

I've got to get Arkham city

madwilliamflint
10-17-2011, 02:24 PM
God I love stealth games. One of my favorite things to do (in context) is play Crysis on Delta with the added goal of "zero enemy shots fired." (for human enemies.) I spend a lot of time hiding in the bushes sniping into mobs then retreating into hiding.

The Thief games were awesome.

I need MOAR!

Bill86
10-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Sorry to intrrupt this thread, but
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY drops tomorrow!!!! :noon:noon

Not for PC :td

We've gotta wait till 11/8/11 :td

So stupid. :fl

VirtualSmitty
10-18-2011, 09:32 PM

It's worth the wait. I consoled it and you know what, was worth every penny. I'm loving it so and with all the extra content, side quests, riddler challenges, etc, i'm going to be at it for a long time :D

Bill86
10-18-2011, 09:33 PM
It's worth the wait. I consoled it and you know what, was worth every penny. I'm loving it so and with all the extra content, side quests, riddler challenges, etc, i'm going to be at it for a long time :D

Well that makes me feel a bit better. Still I hate the different day releases, makes no sense to me.

irratebass
10-19-2011, 03:32 AM

Bummer dude

Yes, this will last me at least until March when Mass Effect 3 is released.

emopunker2004
10-19-2011, 03:49 AM
Well that makes me feel a bit better. Still I hate the different day releases, makes no sense to me.

quit cryin or get a console :sl

emopunker2004
10-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Yes, this will last me at least until March when Mass Effect 3 is released.

Not gonna get BF3 or MW4?

Apoco
10-19-2011, 06:20 AM
I've been sticking with FF7 lately. I got to about the middle of disc 3 when I was younger...then my game corrupted. I'm about half way through what would be disc 1 now.

Still have Deus Ex: HR that I'm slowly wittling my way through.

I wasn't a huge fan of Arkham Asylum - albeit I only played 3-4 hours of it. Just wasn't my thing :sh
Posted via Mobile Device

irratebass
10-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Not gonna get BF3 or MW4?

If I do get them they will be used copies or Christmas gifts, I do want to play them, but I hate online MP and the single player campaign is not not long enough to throw $60 at

Now Saints Row The Third.....BOUGHT!

I wasn't a huge fan of Arkham Asylum - albeit I only played 3-4 hours of it. Just wasn't my thing :sh
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude!??? :jd Never heard anyone say they didn't care for BATMAN, need to replay that sucka.

madwilliamflint
10-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Dude!??? :jd Never heard anyone say they didn't care for BATMAN, need to replay that sucka.

Count me as another. Just wasn't very compelling.

irratebass
10-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Oh well, to each their own I suppose.

VirtualSmitty
10-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Count me as another. Just wasn't very compelling.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Apoco
10-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Has anyone looked into "Dungeon Defenders" on the PC? Looks like a fun game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kneo
10-20-2011, 10:12 AM
I am loving Arkham City. Great game!

irratebass
10-20-2011, 11:14 AM
I am loving Arkham City. Great game!

Agreed! I met Joker last night (no spoilers, just sayin') AWESOME!

madwilliamflint
10-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Has anyone looked into "Dungeon Defenders" on the PC? Looks like a fun game.
Posted via Mobile Device

I keep looking at that on Steam. I ended up deciding against it. They kept hitting the "you and N friends..." button, which shuts me out of it.

Looks like I'm shutting down most gaming until SWTOR comes out though. It's sucking my life out. Unsubbed from all my mmos, Deleted all my steam games other than Mass Effect 1&2.

I've been noodling with Glitch. Cute idea but a little slow and 2d for me. (http://glitch.com/)

yachties23
10-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Started Arkham City last night. Doesn't look like its going to disappoint.

KenyanSandBoa
10-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Started Arkham City last night. Doesn't look like its going to disappoint.

I was reading the review of that on GI...10 out of 10!!

It looks pretty impressive, so I may have to pick that one up...I've been holding out for Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3.

irratebass
10-20-2011, 04:28 PM
I was reading the review of that on GI...10 out of 10!!

It looks pretty impressive, so I may have to pick that one up...I've been holding out for Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3.

So far it kicks arse!!!!

It's HUGE!

KenyanSandBoa
10-21-2011, 08:12 AM
So far it kicks arse!!!!

It's HUGE!

The article was saying there was something like 440 missions/challeges for the Joker alone!!! :jd That's insane!!!

irratebass
10-21-2011, 08:25 AM
The article was saying there was something like 440 missions/challeges for the Joker alone!!! :jd That's insane!!!

WOW!!!!! Gonna keep me busy, that's good.

Bill86
10-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Trying Payday right now, this game seems like it has some potential so far though I find tazering completely Not plausible and annoying.

Hippi3Slay3r
10-22-2011, 03:04 AM
Blizzaed released the new D3 cinematic today! Still cant wait for this game !!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlhWqmVeDno

Bill86
10-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Blizzaed released the new D3 cinematic today! Still cant wait for this game !!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlhWqmVeDno

Nice find.

Alright I'm probably 65-70% through Payday already. I think it should have been renamed to Operation : Extreme Redundancy. Endless waves of enemies take away any chance of realism this game had and I do mean endless. I think in 3 missions my kill count is over 300.

Very cool idea, very poor execution.

Also the play time is probably 8 hours or so. Depends on who quickly you can do the missions and how many times you have to do them.

There is only 6 though.

Apoco
10-24-2011, 06:49 AM
I finished up Deus Ex: Human Revolution last night.

I really dislike that style of ending...I won't explain that further to avoid spoiling.

However - it was still a fun game. It had about 12-16 hours of game time for me (I didn't do very many of the side quests). It was worth the week of my gamefly...now to see how bad the turn around time is for them :r
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
10-24-2011, 07:01 AM
I agree about the ending. I think I mentioned that earlier, maybe not.

Fun game though, just wish it had more playing time.

This game Payday: The Heist is somehow painfully addicting. I think I am at 16 hours so far. Most have been played on the same heist over and over again. So much can go wrong.... Kinda keeps you playing.

I just wish it was more involved. Sequels of this game that would be more advanced would be awesome. More heists too.

Pretty cool though.

Apoco
10-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Oh man! I'm so excited. I was just googling to look at FFX (I've gotta admit - I adore this game. Even more-so than FF7) cause I've been considering a replay...they're gonna remaster it in HD.

That means I can finish off my FF7 replay (Or we can call it "Actually finishing the damn game this time"-play) then wait till 10-HD comes out.

Bill - Have you looked into "Orcs Must Die!" yet? I've been ejoying it for PC - single player tower defense style game. Might be worth a look.
Posted via Mobile Device

KenyanSandBoa
10-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Ok...so who picked up BF3 yesterday?

I was able to play for 11 minutes and then I couldn't sign into the servers until about 4 hours later. From what I've played so far, I like it. :tu I'm counting down the minutes until I can leave work and fire that bad-boy up. :D

irratebass
10-26-2011, 11:38 AM
GTA 5 has been announced!!!! Trailer will be released on 11/2

Starscream
10-26-2011, 12:45 PM
GTA 5 has been announced!!!! Trailer will be released on 11/2

I hope it's better than 4. Nothing was better than Vice City IMHO.

irratebass
10-26-2011, 01:13 PM
I hope it's better than 4. Nothing was better than Vice City IMHO.

I liked VC better too, but I really enjoyed 4 better than San Andreas.

Bax
10-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Battlefield 3 anyone??? anyone???

Apoco
10-26-2011, 02:11 PM

Exactly.

And I was really stoked about BF3 but the horror stories about EA Origins is really scaring me off. I am also in another crunch time at work...so...yeah.
Posted via Mobile Device

chippewastud79
10-26-2011, 02:50 PM

I was conteplating picking it up, then I heard that the newest installment is far too similar to Modern Warfare. I am a huge FPS fan, but with Battlefield 3 sandwiched in between Gears of War 3 and Modern Warfare 3, I think I will be skipping it all together. :hm

Bax
10-26-2011, 05:25 PM
I still might pick it up, I was such a huge fan of #2 and I never got around to picking up GoW3.

iamsolitary
10-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Anyone want to play SC2? I picked it back up a few weeks ago. Just a silver leaguer but I'm working on it.

iamsolitary #962

irratebass
10-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Rumor has it that GTA 5 will be in L.A. and more than one playable character

Bill86
10-26-2011, 10:35 PM

Haven't installed it yet. Sometime next week I'll get around to playing it.

Drez
10-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Haven't installed it yet. Sometime next week I'll get around to playing it.

what are u waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill86
10-26-2011, 11:31 PM
what are u waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!

:r I've got things to work on and Saturday I'll be out of town all day. Sunday maybe.

Drez
10-27-2011, 12:14 AM
:tu

Bax
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Think I might be heading out to Gamestop today :banger

irratebass
10-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Think I might be heading out to Gamestop today :banger

Get Batman, you won't be disappointed.

Starscream
10-27-2011, 12:14 PM
True.
Rumor has it that GTA 5 will be in L.A. and more than one playable character

I like the one playable character idea, but hope it's not in LA. Too many sandbox/driving games already based there. I'd like something a bit more refreshing.

irratebass
10-27-2011, 01:07 PM
True.

I like the one playable character idea, but hope it's not in LA. Too many sandbox/driving games already based there. I'd like something a bit more refreshing.

Like Chicago?

Bax
10-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Well, I got BF3 and Origin is every bit a nightmare as reported. I've been trying to install the game for the last hour. I wouldn't let me do it off the disc.

Apoco
10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Well, I got BF3 and Origin is every bit a nightmare as reported. I've been trying to install the game for the last hour. I wouldn't let me do it off the disc.

I hope you don't need EA's "technical assistance". I have heard only horror stories. Unfortunately it has scared me away from BF3. I was really looking forward to it, too :(

I guess I'll just keep playing BFBC2 and Left 4 Dead 2 as my primary shooter games...
Posted via Mobile Device

Bax
10-27-2011, 03:19 PM
I hope you don't need EA's "technical assistance". I have heard only horror stories. Unfortunately it has scared me away from BF3. I was really looking forward to it, too :(

I guess I'll just keep playing BFBC2 and Left 4 Dead 2 as my primary shooter games...
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll let you know. If I could just get teh damn thing to load the single player off the disc at this point I'd be happy.

Apoco
10-28-2011, 08:38 AM
I have Dead Space coming my way. One of those games that I heard so many good things about...but it didn't matter because I was still playing WoW :r
Posted via Mobile Device

irratebass
10-28-2011, 08:49 AM
I have Dead Space coming my way. One of those games that I heard so many good things about...but it didn't matter because I was still playing WoW :r
Posted via Mobile Device

Dead Space for me was great UNTIL I encountered the 1st boss (no spoilers), but I couldn't beat him and this was after about 7-10 hours of gameplay!!! I was :c

Apoco
10-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Dead Space for me was great UNTIL I encountered the 1st boss (no spoilers), but I couldn't beat him and this was after about 7-10 hours of gameplay!!! I was :c

I hit that same wall with Deus Ex: HR. The boss fights wanted you to use one tactic.

I never felt bad about going to YouTube for help with it. I enjoy playing challenging games - don't get me wrong. But I don't necessarily want it to be work. I just don't have the time these days to put tons of hours into a single boss fight (and holy **** do I wish I still had that kind of time :r)
Posted via Mobile Device

Bax
10-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Well, BF3 has officially crapped out my video card. Even on low it still freezes up. Just bit the bullet and ordered a new one and a power supply to go with it. Man, this game is expensive:r

Apoco
10-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Well, BF3 has officially crapped out my video card. Even on low it still freezes up. Just bit the bullet and ordered a new one and a power supply to go with it. Man, this game is expensive:r

You can't tell me that and then NOT say what specifically you ordered.

You tease you :r
Posted via Mobile Device

irratebass
10-28-2011, 03:14 PM
I hit that same wall with Deus Ex: HR. The boss fights wanted you to use one tactic.

I never felt bad about going to YouTube for help with it. I enjoy playing challenging games - don't get me wrong. But I don't necessarily want it to be work. I just don't have the time these days to put tons of hours into a single boss fight (and holy **** do I wish I still had that kind of time :r)
Posted via Mobile Device

I went to YOUTUBE, went to my cousin... no goood.

Mikey202
10-28-2011, 04:16 PM

Got it...Love it...was up till 4am playing last night, and I'm 43 years old.:noon

I'm on XBOX 360.

Bax
10-28-2011, 05:05 PM
OK, here's the goods on the way
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p78/bauxyeux/51ALlL4Vf-L.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p78/bauxyeux/51TrgU2rrxL__AA160_.jpg
This should get me thru for a while... but I am considering 2 extra monitors for surround gaming

Bax
10-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Got it...Love it...was up till 4am playing last night, and I'm 43 years old.:noon

I'm on XBOX 360.

Damn!!! You need to be on PC so I can take some pot shots at ya :noon

madwilliamflint
10-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Guys help!

I need a classic single player RPG. I'm jonesing bad. Skyrim is a couple weeks away.

Difficulty: No Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

Any suggestions?

emopunker2004
10-31-2011, 02:07 AM

Picked it up last night. Played it for a shot time on my 360. So far it seems decent. I have not played online at all because I need to renew my XBL

VirtualSmitty
10-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Guys help!

I need a classic single player RPG. I'm jonesing bad. Skyrim is a couple weeks away.

Difficulty: No Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

Any suggestions?

Witcher 2? King Arthur? Might and Magic VI?

I just picked up the Indie Royale bundle. Four pretty good games for four bucks :tu

Bill86
11-01-2011, 01:25 PM
The Witcher 2 was pretty good.

Kreth
11-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I've been playing Oblivion GOTY quite a bit. I had to restart the Knights of the Nine quest line because I didn't realize you couldn't complete it with any infamy (I'd done the first Thieves Guild quest after completing the KotN pilgrimage).
Posted via Mobile Device

VirtualSmitty
11-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Time to dust off the PS3, Uncharted 3 came out today :D:tu

Apoco
11-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Playing Dead Space 1 right now. This is the thing about horror games - you know to expect it because it is a horror game. It is a cool game and interesting kill concept (limb shots do more damage than center of mass shots) but...eh.

I am gonna put some more time into it tonight and see how it goes. I'm only about 2 hours in right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

BeerAdvocate
11-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Time to dust off the PS3, Uncharted 3 came out today :D:tu

Picked up my copy today. I cant wait to get home and play it.
The Uncharted series are the best games I have played!

Starscream
11-02-2011, 02:08 PM
GTA V preview today!
http://www.gtav.net/

Looks like it's in San Andreas again.

VirtualSmitty
11-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Playing Dead Space 1 right now. This is the thing about horror games - you know to expect it because it is a horror game. It is a cool game and interesting kill concept (limb shots do more damage than center of mass shots) but...eh.

I am gonna put some more time into it tonight and see how it goes. I'm only about 2 hours in right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

I loved both Dead Space games, prob my second favorite series behind AC this gen. Its weird, Isaac doesn't talk at all in the first game, but in the second game he doesn't shut up :r

madwilliamflint
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Here's something.

I dunno if there are any WoW heads, but I figure there are probably a couple around who just aren't admitting it in public. Fair enough.

They just pinged me wiht a deal on Tuesday wherein if I pre-paid a year, I'd get a free (as in beer) copy of Diablo 3, guaranteed expansion beta access (meh), and some in-game gotsy somethingorother.

I dabble in it just enough that the net price break ('cause let's face it, I was gonna get Diablo 3 no matter what) pushed me over the edge.

Can't find the link in any of the sites I can get to here from work. But I'm sure it can't be too hard to find.

Apoco
11-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Here's something.

I dunno if there are any WoW heads, but I figure there are probably a couple around who just aren't admitting it in public. Fair enough.

They just pinged me wiht a deal on Tuesday wherein if I pre-paid a year, I'd get a free (as in beer) copy of Diablo 3, guaranteed expansion beta access (meh), and some in-game gotsy somethingorother.

I dabble in it just enough that the net price break ('cause let's face it, I was gonna get Diablo 3 no matter what) pushed me over the edge.

Can't find the link in any of the sites I can get to here from work. But I'm sure it can't be too hard to find.

You...you just gave me a logical reason to renew WoW...

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/194/c/e/what_have_you_done_face_by_peteypiranha128-d3pbwit.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
11-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Sorry man. It falls under the same directive that drives "eww, this is disgusting...here, smell this."

Apoco
11-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Pretty sure this is closer to "Dude - try this crack!" :r
Posted via Mobile Device

VirtualSmitty
11-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Uncharted 3 is pretty awesome. Finished my first play through and was not disappointed. The multi is kinda meh but the singleplayer is outstanding. The back round set pieces are excellent :tu

yachties23
11-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Uncharted 3 is pretty awesome. Finished my first play through and was not disappointed. The multi is kinda meh but the singleplayer is outstanding. The back round set pieces are excellent :tu

After a summer of nothing, we get hit Arkham City, MW3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, AC:Revelations...

Finished the story mode of batman, I'll say it ended rather abruptly... but the game as a whole has been amazing... still have tons to do.

I think I'll try and get as much done as possible, than stat on AC, before my life goes on hiatus for Skyrim.

irratebass
11-05-2011, 09:29 PM
After a summer of nothing, we get hit Arkham City, MW3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, AC:Revelations...

Finished the story mode of batman, I'll say it ended rather abruptly... but the game as a whole has been amazing... still have tons to do.

I think I'll try and get as much done as possible, than stat on AC, before my life goes on hiatus for Skyrim.

I beat the main story last night as well, I agree it ends rather quickly and sneaks up on you. I am doing the side mission stuff now and still having a ball. Gonna try and finish this all up and trade it in for Saint Row The Third.

VirtualSmitty
11-05-2011, 09:32 PM

I'm working on my New Game Plus on Batman and the challenge maps. I finished all the riddler stuff and side missions. The game is awesome, still have some challenge maps to work on and finish before AC hits :tu

KenyanSandBoa
11-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Anyone getting Modern Warfare 3??

I can't wait...it should be at my house tomorrow when I get out of work.

Edit: ...if I make it into work, that is. :D

madwilliamflint
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Yeah I've got a 3 day weekend coming up (Oh, don't roll your eyes, I don't get paid for it :p ) and Skyrim is downloading on Thursday night. I MAY "work from home" on Monday.

I'm going to consume an awful lot of pizza.

And I tell ya, you guys are really starting to pull me towards the Batmans. I haven't heard a single negative word from any of you.

Bill86
11-07-2011, 09:47 AM
I can't wait to play the new Batman, should be out on PC soon. MW3 isn't exciting me too much, I'll knock out the single player but meh.

Battlefield 3 single player is so bad I gave up.

Surprisingly Payday : The Heist has been one of the better games as of lately, at least for single player replay value. It's like $20 for the game and I've got 30 hours into it already. I'm not even half way through the reputation levels.

Kreth
11-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Still bangin' away on Oblivion. I'm Arena Grand Champion, finished Knights of the Nine, and working through the Fighter's Guild and main quest line. I think I'll save Shivering Isles for last.
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
11-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Still bangin' away on Oblivion. I'm Arena Grand Champion, finished Knights of the Nine, and working through the Fighter's Guild and main quest line. I think I'll save Shivering Isles for last.
Posted via Mobile Device

what's your character build like? I start out ok, but end up getting slaughtered after I level a few times. Stealth hits are great when I can manage them, but when I can't I get trounced.

(err... "got trounced". I finally just gave up.)

irratebass
11-07-2011, 01:23 PM
And I tell ya, you guys are really starting to pull me towards the Batmans. I haven't heard a single negative word from any of you.

Easily Game Of The Year......so far. I am sure AC or Skyrim will beat it, but it's going to be hard. Bats is a very solid fun game and it's not that easy, it's challenging to say the least.

madwilliamflint
11-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Easily Game Of The Year......so far. I am sure AC or Skyrim will beat it, but it's going to be hard. Bats is a very solid fun game and it's not that easy, it's challenging to say the least.

Alright. Good enoguh for me. Sadly my job looks like it's likely ending at the end of November (but they can't tell me for SURE, so could I just pretend everything's ducky? kthxbai) so I won't be buying any more games for a while (says the guy who preordered SWTOR and Skyrim and bought a year of WoW all at once.)

Hopefully Steam will have some sale bundle deal in a few months, maybe after ME3 *swoon*.

Bax
11-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Alright. Good enoguh for me. Sadly my job looks like it's likely ending at the end of November (but they can't tell me for SURE, so could I just pretend everything's ducky? kthxbai) so I won't be buying any more games for a while (says the guy who preordered SWTOR and Skyrim and bought a year of WoW all at once.)

Hopefully Steam will have some sale bundle deal in a few months, maybe after ME3 *swoon*.

I haven't preordered it, but I'm looking forward to Start Wars too :)

Kreth
11-08-2011, 05:44 AM
what's your character build like? I start out ok, but end up getting slaughtered after I level a few times. Stealth hits are great when I can manage them, but when I can't I get trounced.

(err... "got trounced". I finally just gave up.)
It's a custom "Ranger" build from a FAQ. Off the top of my head, Blade, Light Armor, Marksman, Illusion, Restoration, and Sneak are major skills. It works pretty well, although I got a little lax boosting Marksman early on and had to correct that. Sniping is fun once you get the zoom ability at Journeyman... :r
Posted via Mobile Device

irratebass
11-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Traded in Batman last night...got $47like for it!!!! Had $28 down on Saints Row: The Third....paid it off and put $9 down on ME3. Yesterday was a good day.

madwilliamflint
11-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Skyrim.

Is.

Awesome.

Obscura
11-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road DLC

madwilliamflint
11-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I...
I just spent 15 straight hours playing Skyrim.

I think my eyeballs are bleeding.

Bill86
11-11-2011, 10:15 PM
I...

:r

Damn man, I'll be playing tomorrow for sure. How awesome is it?

madwilliamflint
11-11-2011, 10:27 PM
It's that awesome. No more classes. I was going to be upset about that but it works really well. Looking at the achievements it seems like the level cap is at least 50. There are a few different kinds of advancement.

Pacing is really good. Environmental effects are awesome. They really ran with the crafting aspect as well. You can make and enhance items. Durability is out, as are those awful repair hammers.

v. impressed.

Apoco
11-12-2011, 06:00 AM
I...

Steam says I played for 10 hours yesterday.

Sounds about right. I took breaks :banger

madwilliamflint
11-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Ugh. Then I got myself invited to the SWTOR beta this weekend. So much for productivity. Meh.

yachties23
11-13-2011, 07:57 AM
This is a bad month for me. I just finished Batman, picked up Skyrim and MW3 yesterday. MW3 still suffers from some of the flaws of mw2, although its 100 percent better than BOPS.

I doubt ill get too serious into it. SKyrim is insane, and I'm barely 2 hours in.

AC:Revelations Tuesday, and Uncharted 3 still sitting in the wrapper...

After 6 months of absolute trash on the consoles, we get hit with 5 seriously playable games...

Damn man, I'll be playing tomorrow for sure. How awesome is it?

irratebass
11-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Just started playing AC: Brotherhood while waiting on Saints Row to drop.

Bill86
11-13-2011, 04:03 PM
It's that awesome. No more classes. I was going to be upset about that but it works really well. Looking at the achievements it seems like the level cap is at least 50. There are a few different kinds of advancement.

Pacing is really good. Environmental effects are awesome. They really ran with the crafting aspect as well. You can make and enhance items. Durability is out, as are those awful repair hammers.

v. impressed.

Playing it now yeah damn, seems pretty great. I just got raped by a frost troll though. Apparently heavy armor and a shield fully upgraded gets me 3 shot OUCH!

I guess you have to avoid it? :sh

Level 5 right now, half way to level 6.

Apoco
11-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Playing it now yeah damn, seems pretty great. I just got raped by a frost troll though. Apparently heavy armor and a shield fully upgraded gets me 3 shot OUCH!

Frost trolls are a higher level than you. Try again in 10 levels :tu

I got OWNED by a giant the first time I tried to kill one. After I got some levels under my feet and upgraded in the skills menu it became much easier :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
11-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Frost trolls are a higher level than you. Try again in 10 levels :tu

I got OWNED by a giant the first time I tried to kill one. After I got some levels under my feet and upgraded in the skills menu it became much easier :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Well my build succeeded easily after the first 2 tries. There's a strategy, once you get it down you're good.

I killed a Frost Troll at level 5 and another at level 7.

madwilliamflint
11-14-2011, 01:23 PM

Frost troll? o.O?

I'm L20 I'm not sure I've seen one, unless it was that thing I ran by while yelling OHS**TOHS**TOHS**T on the 7000 steps, in which case, yeah, I just bolted past it.

Now plain old trolls, yeah those are in the Dwemer ruins for the mage guild questline. Having "15x damage while sneaking with dual daggers" is awfully handy for them :-)

Come to think of it, having 15x damage with dual daggers while sneaking is handy for most things.

Bill86
11-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Frost troll? o.O?

I'm L20 I'm not sure I've seen one, unless it was that thing I ran by while yelling OHS**TOHS**TOHS**T on the 7000 steps, in which case, yeah, I just bolted past it.

Now plain old trolls, yeah those are in the Dwemer ruins for the mage guild questline. Having "15x damage while sneaking with dual daggers" is awfully handy for them :-)

Come to think of it, having 15x damage with dual daggers while sneaking is handy for most things.

Yes it was on the 7000 steps, I took it down. Took 2-3 tries but I got the bastage :r

I'm playing a tank class Orc with sword/shield. Put all my points into health and I'm doing quite well.

Almost level 13 :banger

madwilliamflint
11-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Cool, good to know. I play ninjarific classes. archery/light armor/1-hand/sneak/lockpick. I couldn't get close enough to him before he charged to get in more than one stealth crit with the bow, daggers out of the question. But yeah I'm gonna have to go visit that dude again.

Bill86
11-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Still playing almost level 17. Leveling in this game is so easy.

I love this game so much, definitely going to try and play it through with a harder build to play.

I'm doing
One-handed
Block
Heavy Armor
Restoration
Smithing

So far, VERY effortless compared to what it probably should be.

madwilliamflint
11-15-2011, 09:39 AM
I have some trouble with the stealth build. The first kill is always pretty easy, but after that you're a sitting duck. I've got sneak up to 79 so if there's someplace to run, I'm good. But the Deathlord? Yeah, he's not a fan of letting you get away. It's sufficiently difficult that I've got to think about the combat scenarios, which is about right. In Oblivion I'd get to L6 and just be dogmeat.

I want to try a pure mage build.

And if you havent, definitely play around with enchanting/disenchanting. It's an awful lot of fun. Smithhing looks neat but I don't train it fast enough to make stuff that's better than I've already got. I keep plugging away though, improving everything when I can, keeping raw materials in Breezehome.

madwilliamflint
11-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Something not about Skyrim!

I just thought of something.

What do you think about the idea of buying a console (don't give a hoot which one) in order to use game rental services (gamefly, etc.)?

I tend to burn an awful lot more than I'd like on games that end up sucking righteously. Now I don't mind paying for games I'm gonna play, But I'll bet if I did the math that I'd be net positive if I could rent to try them (including console cost, a TV, etc) in relatively short order.

what say you?

Bill86
11-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Hmm Yeah you might want to try my tank build so far I slay dragons like they are wolves.

Let me get my stats real quick

All gear is legendary Daedric except boots and helmet, I need 2 more daedric hearts and they will be legendary Daedric. Sword/shield same thing.

49 damage one handed with 446 armor rating

Health 280, stamina 140 and magicka 100

Smithing 91
Restoration 30
Heavy Armor 54
Block 40
One-handed 57
Enchanting 22

I'll be leveling enchanting next. I could use some higher block too.

The key is to pound smithing. Just make Iron Daggers in MASS quantities. The higher your smithing the higher you can upgrade items. Daedric armor to Legendary Daedric armor is a BIG boost. Also the quicker you can wear Daedric armor. Most things hit me for minimal damage.

madwilliamflint
11-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Where do you get that quantity of raw materials? I end up with 2 bits of iron before a node is exhausted.

Bill86
11-15-2011, 03:09 PM
I've never even seen the nodes.

Buy them, Iron ingots and leather scraps, they are cheap. You can pound like 15 levels for 1000 gold. Although it gets MUCH harder at 75+ you need a lot more but it is still very easy.

Mehrunes razor quest gives you 2400 gold, Mehrunes razor and 4 daedric hearts.

Excellent quest rewards.

Apoco
11-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Oblivion GOTY edition is $5 on steam.

You are losing money by NOT buying it at this price! GET IT (if you don't already have it)!

Bill86
11-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Ending the day at level 28. If it weren't for the bugs/glitches....this is about as close to a perfect game as I've seen in YEARS.

madwilliamflint
11-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Yep. Menu behaves a little funny and about once every 4 hours I get a CTD. Hit Archmage last night. It was neat but I haven't found anything interesting to do at the mage's college once I topped out. (unless of course getting to archmage isn't tapping out and I haven't realized it yet.)

Apoco
11-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Yep. Menu behaves a little funny and about once every 4 hours I get a CTD.

I've been crashing about every 5 hours of game play :/. It is usually right after I zone - so it autosaves anyway. Could be worse :)
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
11-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Biggest problem I have with it (because if I didn't come up with SOMEthing I'd be honor bound to have the skyrim symbol tattooed on my friggin head at this point) is that you HAVE to scroll the menus to get the right selection in to context. You can't just click the thing you want.

That and the fact that there's no category sorting of containers.

Bill86
11-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Yep. Menu behaves a little funny and about once every 4 hours I get a CTD. Hit Archmage last night. It was neat but I haven't found anything interesting to do at the mage's college once I topped out. (unless of course getting to archmage isn't tapping out and I haven't realized it yet.)

Yeah I'm one quest away from archmage. Pretty awesome quest lines.

I've been crashing about every 5 hours of game play :/. It is usually right after I zone - so it autosaves anyway. Could be worse :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Same here. No idea why, oh well.

madwilliamflint
11-16-2011, 11:40 AM
I need to pick another guild to run though. Haven't been able to pick. Seems like Riften is the thieves guild city. I went a fair bit through Companions but... I stopped at what will be an obvious point to people who've done that line.

Not sure what else there is.

Still not committing to Imperial or stormwhatchamacallits.

Bill86
11-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah after I finish the last two mage quests I'll need to do the same.

Is there an arena in this game or no?

madwilliamflint
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Yeah after I finish the last two mage quests I'll need to do the same.

Is there an arena in this game or no?

Haven't seen it but there's gotta be. I've explored what seems like nothing so far. Spent a lot of time heading Northeast, found some neat stuff. I might head back to the main questline or knock off some of these misc quests I've been accumulating.

Bill86
11-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Haven't seen it but there's gotta be. I've explored what seems like nothing so far. Spent a lot of time heading Northeast, found some neat stuff. I might head back to the main questline or knock off some of these misc quests I've been accumulating.

Yeah that's what I am doing today just the miscellaneous quests. I would love to find an arena though

Bill86
11-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Just hit level 30. Some of the bonuses higher in the trees are just amazing. I just snagged conditioning and matching armor. I run at full speed in full daedric now with matching armor gave me a nice +100 armor rating.

madwilliamflint
11-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Just hit level 30. Some of the bonuses higher in the trees are just amazing. I just snagged conditioning and matching armor. I run at full speed in full daedric now with matching armor gave me a nice +100 armor rating.

Damn, you're cruising through this. I'm paralyzed by fear of gimping myself by putting points in stuff that would be fun, but get me killed later on (i.e. enchanting/smithing.)

I am about to hit stealth100 though. 90+ is insane. Though ice bears/snow wolves have a seemingly supernatural ability to sniff me out....then eat me.

Apoco
11-17-2011, 11:03 AM
I haven't gotten to play in the last couple of days. I keep thinking about it, though :(

I believe that I have maxed out pick pocket and stealth and Kaldo is level 37ish. Archery is ~70 and smithing is about the same.
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
11-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah I took the advice about iron daggers. It levels smithing almost every time at my current level.

Bill86
11-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Ended yesterday at 33. Leveling enchanting now, tossed soul trap on my Daedric Sword and I've got 25 soul gems now. I just tossed the iron daggers on the floor so I can use them later. Something like 200-250 daggers on the ground.

Just enchant them and sell them :banger

VirtualSmitty
11-19-2011, 10:57 AM
I have been able to break away from Skyrim and enjoy AC Revelations. It's very good, there is a ton of content packed in there.

Bill86
11-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Revelations is out ?!?! Crap I must have it!

emopunker2004
11-19-2011, 02:47 PM
heads up. turtle beach x31 on woot.com for $49

I bought one, all Frank(Drez)'s fault!

yachties23
11-19-2011, 09:20 PM
When I saw you on the other day I decided to pick it up, and I put skyrim on hold. Picks up right where we left off, and I'm loving it thus far.

I have been able to break away from Skyrim and enjoy AC Revelations. It's very good, there is a ton of content packed in there.

Apoco
11-20-2011, 06:24 AM
Revelations is out ?!?! Crap I must have it!

Doesn't release until November 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM (US/Pacific) for PC :(

Jbailey
11-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Had a few friends pick up a 360 recently so I have been playing boarderlands with them and got back into Halo. Nothing to new yet except Gears 3(horde mode is fun as hell).

Bill86
11-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Doesn't release until November 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM (US/Pacific) for PC :(

LAME! :td :td

Anyone play Saints Row the Third yet?

Also has anyone found a way to have multiple characters in Skyrim? I just hit 37 and I feel like playing a sneaky Khajit with a bow and dagger.

backwoods357
11-20-2011, 08:51 PM

I wish, I played the crap out of SR2. I haven't had a spare moment to play much lately between getting married in Sept and 60+ hr work weeks. When they announce HL episode III I have to buy a copy of portal 2 and replay episode II just to get caught up on the plot line. :sl

Bill86
11-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Almost forgot about HL Ep III, it's been how long?

P.S nice look revolver in your avatar :tu

backwoods357
11-20-2011, 11:39 PM
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/80038-55.html It's the next gun purchase on my radar.
I have a similar but blued Colt Python that my mom keeps as a self defense gun. I started using backwoods as my handle long before I became aware of the backwoods line of cigars, I should probably change it to avoid confusion (I'm just a guy that likes to shoot crap out in the woods, I don't smoke 'em). I digress.

Did anyone notice much in the way of tie-ins with the HL storyline in Portal 2? (Don't tell me specifics, I haven't played it yet.)

irratebass
11-21-2011, 04:18 AM
LAME! :td :td

Also has anyone found a way to have multiple characters in Skyrim? I just hit 37 and I feel like playing a sneaky Khajit with a bow and dagger.

Yep, been playing it, but I haven't been able to devote much time to it. I am about 19% completed on the story line. Still lost of side missions. The clothes and character options are awesome, some of the stuff you can do in this game is so over the top, but somehow it just works. Like you can just walk down the street and start dancing with someone or you can do a wresting move on them. The driving I feel is better this time around, and I love jumping off a building and throwing my parachute.....now that's fun.

They also added in a new voice this time.......ZOMBIE! I haven't tried it yet, but I am thinking about going to the plastic surgery and having it done heh.

Xplay gave this game a 5 out of 5. I am hoping it keeps me busy until Mass Effect 3

irratebass
11-21-2011, 04:19 AM
My new Game Informer came in, RAINBOW SIX is back!!!!!!!!! Called Patriots, unfortunately it won't be out till 2013 :td

Bill86
11-21-2011, 04:25 AM
Interesting I'll look into it sometime this week.

Started a new character in Skyrim level 13 Khajit, sneak + bows is insanely overpowering. :banger

madwilliamflint
11-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Interesting I'll look into it sometime this week.

Started a new character in Skyrim level 13 Khajit, sneak + bows is insanely overpowering. :banger

Thing is, with light armor you sorta need sneak + ranged.

It gets a little tricky when you agro more than one at a time and can't one-shot them. Then there's the 'uh oh...here they come' moments.

I keep wanting to start a mage focused toon but I just can't see going through all of this more than once.

Apoco
11-21-2011, 10:58 AM
I hit level 42 over the weekend. I still haven't touched the main quest line since about level 15 :r

Been working on assassin/thief guilds and their quest lines - along with the random tasks provided by people around town.

I played all weekend on my computer's gaming monitor along with watching MLG SC2 tournament on my TV. Damn it feels good to be a geek-ster :r
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
11-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Thing is, with light armor you sorta need sneak + ranged.

It gets a little tricky when you agro more than one at a time and can't one-shot them. Then there's the 'uh oh...here they come' moments.

I keep wanting to start a mage focused toon but I just can't see going through all of this more than once.

Yeah I'm working on one handed now. We'll see how it goes. So far I'm good with just ranged.

madwilliamflint
11-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah I'm working on one handed now. We'll see how it goes. So far I'm good with just ranged.

If you go one-handed, dual daggers are great with sneak, since there's that 15x perk (all the way up the right side. Might require sneak 70 or so. Not sure, I'm just back from a 6 jack & coke lunch.) I may keep a couple 1h swords in favorites (now that I'm finding some juicy glass ones) for plain "once they've found me" combat.

I'm not really jazzed about too many of the 1h perks though. I've generally not used anything other than daggers, so those extra bleed/crit/whatever perks just don't interest me much.

madwilliamflint
11-21-2011, 07:05 PM
I'll say this though: If you haven't reached Blackreach yet, you're in for a serious treat. :)

Bill86
11-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah I'm noticing a problem now. Level 23 and I do TONS of damage but for some reason that's not enough :sh

I've got a glass bow upgraded with BS, enchanted. Level 46 sneak and 46 bow, never tried daggering it yet. Waiting on that 15x multiplier.

Gold is a bit tight too, I'm tempted to start robbing all the local businesses and fencing the gear. We'll see.

madwilliamflint
11-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Finally tagged 100 sneak. It's funny when it works and when it doesn't. I may spend more perks in the root of the sneak tree.

I finally solved the gold problem once and for all. No cheating involved. I'll hold off mentioning it out in the open here though. Feel free to shoot me a message.

Hmm.. never fenced anything.

Even daggers can be challenging, especially when you have more than one mob after you. I tried a pair of swords but my God are they slow in comparison. I can't wait to get the dual enchanting perk so I can put soul trapping and health absorption on both of them. That's gonna be NASTY :)

irratebass
11-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Got the purple dildo in Saints Row this morning :noon Its on now!!!!

madwilliamflint
11-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Got the purple dildo in Saints Row this morning :noon Its on now!!!!

Wow, that's... yeah I think I never need to play that.

irratebass
11-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Wow, that's... yeah I think I never need to play that.

:lr

Bill86
11-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Finally tagged 100 sneak. It's funny when it works and when it doesn't. I may spend more perks in the root of the sneak tree.

I finally solved the gold problem once and for all. No cheating involved. I'll hold off mentioning it out in the open here though. Feel free to shoot me a message.

Hmm.. never fenced anything.

Even daggers can be challenging, especially when you have more than one mob after you. I tried a pair of swords but my God are they slow in comparison. I can't wait to get the dual enchanting perk so I can put soul trapping and health absorption on both of them. That's gonna be NASTY :)

I'm a bit confused so far I'm making it pretty good with my Glass bow, Smithing improved.

Doing the Dark Brotherhood now and trying to use daggers to level them up. However it's just so easy to one shot them with the bow from a distance.

BeerAdvocate
11-25-2011, 01:28 PM
I just posted in the WTT section, but I thought I would post it here also for all the gamers:

I would like to trade Uncharted 3 for Batman: Arkham City on PS3; PM if interested

emopunker2004
11-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Picked up a refurb Kinect for Xbox 360 today at gamestop for the wife for Christmas. it's an early Christmas present. This thing is a friggin workout. My legs are sore. But it's alot more fun than Wii

Apoco
11-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Origins seems to have finally worked through the kinks - not as many complaints these days. Went ahead and picked up BF3 - it is tons of fun.

Assassin's Creed Revelations releases for the PC tomorrow. So pumped! Never played the series on PC - I'll be interested to see if I prefer keyboard over controller in this style of game. If I don't - I have a Bluetooth adapter for my PS3 controller or use my wired 360 controller :). COVERED ON ALL FRONTS :noon
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
11-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Keyboard controls take a bit to get use to. I enjoy playing them on PC though.

Bax
11-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Origins seems to have finally worked through the kinks - not as many complaints these days. Went ahead and picked up BF3 - it is tons of fun.

:noon
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks me up on BF3, Alex. My name is Bauxyeux,

Apoco
11-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Looks me up on BF3, Alex. My name is Bauxyeux,

PC, correct?

Also - the new Assassin's Creed came out last night. I'm gonna have to bust out the 360 controller - the controls for PC are weird as hell on mouse/keyboard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
11-30-2011, 02:34 PM
PC, correct?

Also - the new Assassin's Creed came out last night. I'm gonna have to bust out the 360 controller - the controls for PC are weird as hell on mouse/keyboard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah they take some getting use to. But I dunno once you get use to it they are not too bad :D

Apoco
12-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Fifa12
Battlefield 3
Skyrim
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Dark Souls

Too...many...games...can't...decide...what...to... play...

I was freaking CRIPPLED last night - just stared at my computer trying to figure out what to play. Too many choices!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
12-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I agree this late in the year there are WAY too many releases. I'm still on Skyrim :r

Don't feel like beating it yet...trying a bunch of classes/builds. After that I'm going to Revelations for sure though.

Apoco
12-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Fifa12
Battlefield 3
Skyrim
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Dark Souls
Batman
Saints Row the Third

I forgot 2 :)

I beat the main storyline in Skyrim last night. Really cool ending :tu. I've still got plenty to do in the game, though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blak Smyth
12-05-2011, 06:48 AM
Well I tried my hand at PS3 this weekend. (I am an Xbox 360 guy)
Taki beat the snot out of me in FIFA 2012, like 12 times straight!!!
We went 1-1 in Madden.

madwilliamflint
12-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Starting to get a little sick of dungeon crawling. I may make the final push over this week.

Between Thieves Guild armor, Nightingale armor, Shroud armor and the homemade Dragon Scale, it's getting a little goofy. Especially now that I've got the "double damage backstab" gloves from one of those sets, which gives me 30x with daedric daggers. One-shotting deathlords and minor dragons had me yelling "Oh that's just silly" at the monitor.

Bill86
12-06-2011, 12:46 PM
I hear that, I've taken a few days off Skyrim. I probably should have stuck with one character. I kinda wanted to try EVERYTHING. I think I'll play the new Assassin's Creed and go back to Skyrim.

Apoco
12-07-2011, 09:54 AM
I hear that, I've taken a few days off Skyrim. I probably should have stuck with one character. I kinda wanted to try EVERYTHING. I think I'll play the new Assassin's Creed and go back to Skyrim.

Yeah - I'm taking a break from it too. We've all hit the burnout at the same time haha.

I'm also in month-end crunch at work...not much time for video games this week :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
12-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Yeah - I'm taking a break from it too. We've all hit the burnout at the same time haha.

I'm also in month-end crunch at work...not much time for video games this week :(
Posted via Mobile Device

:td

Playing Revelations now, pretty burned out on the games but I'll play for a few hours a day. Seems interesting so far. Not sure about this hook-knife deal yet.....

madwilliamflint
12-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Freaky. Yeah I've burnt out too. Finished Dark Brotherhood (favorite faction line so far) a couple days ago and have been limping along trying to clear up my quest journal, with little success. I realized tonight that it was turning in to "just work." So away I go for a bit.

Time to do some programming and hopefully see if my preorder of swtor includes early access. (Preload started today.)

madwilliamflint
12-08-2011, 07:18 AM
So much for that. Went back in to polish off the main quest line. Epic finale. It's actually the first one of these big old Bethesda RPGs that I've "finished." I came close with Morrowind, but killed some primary somethingorother without realizing it then just dumped it.

I tagged 100 enchant as well, so I'm going to noodle around making gear. But then it's time to put it down until the inevitable DLCs start showing up.

But yes, best. first person. rpg. ever.

Bill86
12-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Playing Saint's Row the Third. Not sure this game is any good but I did hear Bush - Machinehead :banger

Apoco
12-15-2011, 08:56 AM
So much for that. Went back in to polish off the main quest line. Epic finale. It's actually the first one of these big old Bethesda RPGs that I've "finished." I came close with Morrowind, but killed some primary somethingorother without realizing it then just dumped it.

I tagged 100 enchant as well, so I'm going to noodle around making gear. But then it's time to put it down until the inevitable DLCs start showing up.

But yes, best. first person. rpg. ever.

I beat NV and all of its DLC. Played through qutie a bit of Fallout3...but then I reformatted my computer and didn't get my save file. Couldn't bring myself to restart haha

Been playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations the last few days. Fun game - lots of new game mechanics that are interesting. The wired 360 controller is a life saver for me. Also been dicking around in BF3 and Fifa12. Fifa12 is a ton of fun but is the single most rage inducing game I have ever played!
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
12-15-2011, 09:10 AM
SWTOR.

18 hours a day for 3 days.

My eyes are bleeding.

Bill86
12-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Been playing Saint's Row The Third, haven't played any other Saint's Row games but it is entertaining.

Bill86
12-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Got Saint's Row to 92% complete, I believe 26 hours was the time on that. I messed around for half of that though easily.

Playing L.A Noire right now, so far I'm liking it a great deal.

irons
12-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Only got 220 hours in Skyrim. Feel like a chump who hasn't done a thing in the game. Still finding new cool stuff....

iamsolitary
12-16-2011, 02:15 PM
SWTOR.

18 hours a day for 3 days.

My eyes are bleeding.

I am really trying not to start playing this. I have been keeping myself busy with the Diablo III beta recently. Pretty awesome stuff. Can't wait for that to be released (or at least get a release date)

Bill86
12-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Diablo III beta O_O How does one play this?

yachties23
12-16-2011, 08:29 PM
LA noire was fun, but a bit disappointing at times. Story is pretty good.

Got Saint's Row to 92% complete, I believe 26 hours was the time on that. I messed around for half of that though easily.

Playing L.A Noire right now, so far I'm liking it a great deal.

Bill86
12-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Yeah that's why I'm playing. I still think there is part of the interrogation I just don't get. I started off shooting like 100%, then after 2 cases.....Failing badly...:confused:

yachties23
12-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah that's why I'm playing. I still think there is part of the interrogation I just don't get. I started off shooting like 100%, then after 2 cases.....Failing badly...:confused:

Sad thing is it doesn't really matter how you do in investigations, its not like you get penalized. Once the Dahlia stuff gets done the game takes a turn downward imho.

Bill86
12-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Hmmm I guess I botched a bunch of them and failed the third investigation and the dude got away. It just continued on, we'll see how it goes on now.

Bax
12-17-2011, 01:30 PM
That's the problem with LA, no matter how bad you screw up the game goes on just the same.

Bill86
12-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah I've noticed that. A lot of potential but I think ultimately it may just disappoint for that reason. I'll finish it though, we'll see.

madwilliamflint
12-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Attention MMOers: SWTOR is really really good.

Save yourselves. I've logged more hours in the last 4 days than I had in Skyrim in the first week. It's bad. I need to be making Christmas presents, candies and bread.

Having seen A New Hope in the theater when I was 7 I have to say that playing a jedi and getting to the cut-scene where you make your first light-saber, I misted up a bit.

There. Now you all know. #NEEEERRRDDD

Bax
12-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Attention MMOers: SWTOR is really really good.

Save yourselves. I've logged more hours in the last 4 days than I had in Skyrim in the first week. It's bad. I need to be making Christmas presents, candies and bread.

Having seen A New Hope in the theater when I was 7 I have to say that playing a jedi and getting to the cut-scene where you make your first light-saber, I misted up a bit.

There. Now you all know. #NEEEERRRDDD

I'll be getting it as soon as I get back from Christmas vacation!!!:noon

Apoco
12-19-2011, 02:03 PM
I'll be getting it as soon as I get back from Christmas vacation!!!:noon

I'm staying away. I swore off MMO's when I quit WoW. Gonna try to stick to that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
12-19-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm staying away. I swore off MMO's when I quit WoW. Gonna try to stick to that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Same here. It's scary how time consuming they are.

yachties23
12-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

+1

Apoco
12-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Same here. It's scary how time consuming they are.

Between WoW and Everquest I know for a fact I've sunk in AT LEAST 1 full year of time. D=
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
12-19-2011, 03:04 PM
I did 2 years of WoW. Never played Everquest.

Apoco
12-19-2011, 03:05 PM
I did 2 years of WoW. Never played Everquest.

I changed my number to be more realistic. I played Everquest for 7 years and WoW for about 3 or 4 years. In EQ my main character had 200 /played days - I believe my WoW druid was at about 130 days. That isn't including alts and rerolls >.<
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
12-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Ugh....I think collectively in my 2 years of wow....I might have been close to 365 days :r

It was pretty bad :r

yachties23
12-20-2011, 07:50 PM
I wasn't that bad but I was pushing close to half a year on my main.

iamsolitary
12-22-2011, 01:10 AM
I tried not to start playing The Old Republic.... I really tried...

I failed.

Apoco
12-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Green Man Gaming has Saints Row the Third for $20!

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/action/saints-row-the-third/

Use the code FIFTY-SAINT-XMASS

It even activates on Steam!

jonumberone
01-02-2012, 06:21 AM
I started playing Arkham City.
I'm probably in the minority, but I find the gameplay a bit convoluted.
The Main storyline is all over the map,
and traveling from one destination to another is unappealing to me.
All the gliding and grappling reminds of the NES game Bionic Commando.
If they wanted an open map, they should've given us a Batmobile to drive around.
I'm only about 3hrs in, hopefully it gets better.

mase
01-02-2012, 07:06 AM
I started playing Arkham City.
I'm probably in the minority, but I find the gameplay a bit convoluted.
The Main storyline is all over the map,
and traveling from one destination to another is unappealing to me.
All the gliding and grappling reminds of the NES game Bionic Commando.
If they wanted an open map, they should've given us a Batmobile to drive around.
I'm only about 3hrs in, hopefully it gets better.

I actually felt the same way. After a couple of sessions, I gave up. I got the new Assassin's Creed for Christmas but haven't fired it up yet.

Apoco
01-04-2012, 07:02 PM
So apparently dancing with ANY NPC is star wars will make them dance back. And this has been used to interrupt a boss' spell casting by some.

Hilarious little flaws....

BTW - I still haven't played it. Just saw the post about it on a gaming forum and thought I'd mention it here.

Bill86
01-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I've yet to get Arkham City. I never finished Skyrim (waiting on patches, the glitches are rampant and annoying), and also barely started Revelations (just not into it :sh).

Apoco
01-05-2012, 06:17 AM
I've yet to get Arkham City. I never finished Skyrim (waiting on patches, the glitches are rampant and annoying), and also barely started Revelations (just not into it :sh).

I'm in the same boat on Arkham City and Revelations. BF3 multiplayer (I know I know - you don't do MP) has been eating my gaming time. REALLY enjoying the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
01-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm in the same boat on Arkham City and Revelations. BF3 multiplayer (I know I know - you don't do MP) has been eating my gaming time. REALLY enjoying the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmmm....Perhaps I'll give it a shot. I couldn't complete the single player, too annoying.

Installing Arkham city now. We'll see if I get into it.

Revelations....eh....

backwoods357
01-05-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one shunning MMO's, I lost many a good gaming buddy to WoW. I'm fighting buying BF3, and starting to lose. I absolutely loved BF2 and seeing them bring back Karkand almost made me drag out the debit card. I think I'll just focus on beefing up/pimping out my gaming rig and wait for Bioshock infinite.

Does anyone have a copy of Bioshock 2 retail that would be willing to rip me an iso? My disk grew legs and left my special edition box set unusable, and when I contacted support they said I had to buy a new copy of the game, no replacement disks. :hn

Bill86
01-05-2012, 06:32 PM
PM inbound.

Bill86
01-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Just starting playing Arkham City. I really wish the combat was more entertaining. Like Assassin's creed style or something. Not just mash the mouse.

madwilliamflint
01-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Weird. I haven't had glitch problems with Skyrim. Finished main, thieves, DB, mages, etc. Still more stuff to do but waiting for DLCs now.

SWTOR is sucking my life. 8 republic toons 20+. Imperial is just too damn nasty. Though I'd really love to play spy and bounty hunter. I may wait for expansions and give it another go. At this rate most of my republic toons are gonna be pinned at 50 in a few months.

Apoco
01-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Weird. I haven't had glitch problems with Skyrim. Finished main, thieves, DB, mages, etc. Still more stuff to do but waiting for DLCs now.

Skyrim was one huge glitch...but in a kidn of adorable way. My horse walking straight up a hill...small animals flying a million miles...pretty hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
01-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Skyrim was one huge glitch...but in a kidn of adorable way. My horse walking straight up a hill...small animals flying a million miles...pretty hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device

So weird. I had none of that.

Worst I had was some of the normal clipping stuff (to be expected) and the odd quest that wouldn't complete once I deposed the stormcloaks.

Apparently you can't return the Helm of Winterhold to the Jarl if the Jarl's not the Jarl anymore. Or something like that.

Bill86
01-13-2012, 01:53 AM
I had a problem with quite a few of the quests. Especially since you are able to complete them before they are available. I still never finished Skyrim or Revelations.

I dunno, ACR never pulled me in.

Skyrim got annoyingly glitchy. I'll wait for a patch or two and finish it.

Anything new coming out? Anything worthwhile?

Apoco
01-17-2012, 12:31 PM
I had a problem with quite a few of the quests. Especially since you are able to complete them before they are available. I still never finished Skyrim or Revelations.

I dunno, ACR never pulled me in.

Skyrim got annoyingly glitchy. I'll wait for a patch or two and finish it.

Anything new coming out? Anything worthwhile?

Final Fantasy XIII-2 on Jan 31st - on 360/PS3
Twisted Metal in early Feb - on PS3
SSX at the end of Feb - on 360/PS3
Mass Effect 3 at the beginning of March - on PC/360/PS3
Ridge Racer at the beginning of March - on PC/360/PS3

Syndicate (don't know much about it) at the end of Feb - PC/360/PS3
Inversion (don't know much about it) at the end of Feb/early March - PC/360/PS3

That is pretty much my watch list.
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
01-17-2012, 12:53 PM
I did a baaaaad thing last night.

I re-upped on EvE.

Bill86
01-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Final Fantasy XIII-2 on Jan 31st - on 360/PS3
Twisted Metal in early Feb - on PS3
SSX at the end of Feb - on 360/PS3
Mass Effect 3 at the beginning of March - on PC/360/PS3
Ridge Racer at the beginning of March - on PC/360/PS3

Syndicate (don't know much about it) at the end of Feb - PC/360/PS3
Inversion (don't know much about it) at the end of Feb/early March - PC/360/PS3

That is pretty much my watch list.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah If figured nothing till March :td

Still haven't gotten the desire to play Arkham City, Revelations or finish Skyrim.

madwilliamflint
01-17-2012, 01:23 PM
ME3 is the only thing there that lights me up. I'd better finish my latest runthrough of 2 so I have an import toon.

I wonder if decisions in ME1 will show up in 3. (Rachni queen maybe?)

Bill86
01-17-2012, 01:27 PM
ME3 is the only thing there that lights me up. I'd better finish my latest runthrough of 2 so I have an import toon.

I wonder if decisions in ME1 will show up in 3. (Rachni queen maybe?)

Yeah I played it again 2 months ago but forgot to save my character files....maybe at the end of February I'll play it through one last time.

Apoco
01-17-2012, 03:06 PM
I did a baaaaad thing last night.

I re-upped on EvE.

Done with SWTOR already?
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
01-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Done with SWTOR already?
Posted via Mobile Device

Just need a break. I was 12-houring it for a while. My main is almost L40 with 6 alts spread evenly back to the mid teens. All Republic. I don't want to burn out completely on it.

The space combat in SWTOR, while fun, is really what drove me back to EvE.

Plus, the changes to EvE over the last couple years are pretty astonishing.

Apoco
01-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Just need a break. I was 12-houring it for a while. My main is almost L40 with 6 alts spread evenly back to the mid teens. All Republic. I don't want to burn out completely on it.

The space combat in SWTOR, while fun, is really what drove me back to EvE.

Plus, the changes to EvE over the last couple years are pretty astonishing.

So I was thinking of the right game.

As I remember - EvE is a nerve-wracking game. You can lose everything at the drop of a pirate ship fleet.
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
01-18-2012, 02:04 PM
So I was thinking of the right game.

As I remember - EvE is a nerve-wracking game. You can lose everything at the drop of a pirate ship fleet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh it's inSANE. If you go into any forum, or chat room and say "Rule #1" someone will very soon respond with "Never fly anything you can't afford to lose."

I actually started day trading in response to playing the market in EvE back when it came out.

Apoco
01-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Oh it's inSANE. If you go into any forum, or chat room and say "Rule #1" someone will very soon respond with "Never fly anything you can't afford to lose."

I actually started day trading in response to playing the market in EvE back when it came out.

But what about your ship upgrades? Isn't that where the majority of your value in game would be anyway?
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
01-18-2012, 02:30 PM
But what about your ship upgrades? Isn't that where the majority of your value in game would be anyway?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. Modules are "implicitly included" in Rule #1. Most of what you're flying is modules, definitely.

Bill86
01-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Installed Skyrim again since I reloaded on a SSD. About time I finish the mainline quest. I forgot how stunning the world looks on Ultra-Max. I really hope they release more content for the game, even though I'm level 38 and probably still have PLENTY to go.

madwilliamflint
01-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Installed Skyrim again since I reloaded on a SSD. About time I finish the mainline quest. I forgot how stunning the world looks on Ultra-Max. I really hope they release more content for the game, even though I'm level 38 and probably still have PLENTY to go.

If Morrowind and Oblivion are any indication, they're going to be milking the DLC market on this one for a long time to come.

I left a bunch undone but am excited for them to give me another reason to head back and play again.

Lately I've been looking for a fantasy MMO I can get behind. EvE and SWTOR are wonderful, but I need something sneaky and magicy. (this is how it always starts. "oh, one or two..."

Bill86
01-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah I got off those pay per month games, I would try SWTOR but to try it out you have to buy the game :td

I bet it would be like WoW though and you would have to play 5-8 hours a day to be "good" at the game. Not looking for that kinda time commitment.

What do you think of SWTOR though?

madwilliamflint
01-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Yeah I got off those pay per month games, I would try SWTOR but to try it out you have to buy the game :td

I bet it would be like WoW though and you would have to play 5-8 hours a day to be "good" at the game. Not looking for that kinda time commitment.

What do you think of SWTOR though?

They did a lot right. Being currently unemployed I've spent WAY too much time on it. There are a couple game mechanics they've added that are pretty interesting.

All in all the content itself is pretty linear, but that's reasonable since it's only been out about 5-6 weeks. Each "side" has 4 main classes (more or less mirror images of each other, with some real differences) which, at L10 you split into one of two sub-classes.

Space combat is fun, but clearly a simple placeholder for "The Big Space Expansion" which will no doubt come out in 6 months to a year.

Crafting is really itneresting. You ahve companions who you send on "crew tasks" which encompass crafting and a couple weirdnesses. There's a whole system of reverse-engineering things you make (and some things you find) which returns some materials and a chance of an recipe/blueprint for a higher quality version of the same item. This results in lots of variation in player made stuff. Some recipes can only be found, not bought, which is great. All together it means that two "maxed out armorers" for instance never have exactly the same list of things they can make. The basics are the same but the really neat stuff takes a while to figure out.

Combat and basic mechanics are smooth and the main class storylines are compelling enough to keep you running through.

I'm a fan. It's only the number of hours I have for this nonsense right now that's egging me on to look for something else.

Bill86
01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Oh wow the ending to the final quest in Skyrim was a bit disappointing :td

Shame.

Apoco
01-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Oh wow the ending to the final quest in Skyrim was a bit disappointing :td

Shame.

Yeah. It was. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
01-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah. It was. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

No bonus items are anything special either :td

That's one big complaint for me, the weapons and items are kinda weak and rewards often suck or are non-existent.

I wish everything was someone stat-level required. Because I'm wearing the same gear from level 22-24 at 38.5.

Now I'm wondering what to do :hm

Bill86
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Kinda back into Skyrim, leveling my Khajit.

Currently level 52 with 150K gold. Alchemy takes forever to level but I made about 75,000 doing it.

The game is certainly broken if you enchant items to buff other items. Currently doing about 350 damage with a bow shot, not including sneak 3x bonus. 5 shotting dragons.

Can't wait for more content.

madwilliamflint
01-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Yeah there are a couple guides out there to maxing out your enchantments by enchanting armor pieces to increase alchemy then using that to create potions that increase smithing and....I don't know, it goes in circles forever until you've got uber everything. I can't be bothered.

Though I do want Enchantment 100 so I can double-enchant stuff. Fire and ice daggers have just got to be fun :)

Bill86
01-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah there are a couple guides out there to maxing out your enchantments by enchanting armor pieces to increase alchemy then using that to create potions that increase smithing and....I don't know, it goes in circles forever until you've got uber everything. I can't be bothered.

Though I do want Enchantment 100 so I can double-enchant stuff. Fire and ice daggers have just got to be fun :)

That's what my bow is Fire and Ice. 273 damage base right now. 31/31 fire and ice.

Yeah it's a big circle. Starts with alchemy potions and buffing smithing to get the highest base damage bow, then alchemy to enchant it with enchanted enchanting buffing gear. A complete alchemy set as well.....

Gets ridiculous....I'll play with that later. I just got Smithing/Enchanting and Alchemy to 100. Alchemy took forever, probably 10 hours. But as stated, you won't need gold afterwards :r

yellowgoat
01-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I made an COD Elite clan called Morbid Alliance. If you have Elite free or premium come join. My game tag is Morbid Symmetry. I only have one member so far, but i hope we can get more.

I sent invites to some here from the xbox, like vs82 and such but don't know if he or they have elite.

Come join.

Apoco
01-30-2012, 08:32 AM
I made an COD Elite clan called Morbid Alliance. If you have Elite free or premium come join. My game tag is Morbid Symmetry. I only have one member so far, but i hope we can get more.

I sent invites to some here from the xbox, like vs82 and such but don't know if he or they have elite.

Come join.

Psht - COD. BF3 is where it is AT! :banger

No - but really - I played far too much BF3 this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blak Smyth
01-30-2012, 08:47 AM

Come join.

I am already a member of a clan otherwise I would consider it.

Send me a friend request if you would like to have a clan match sometime. GT: BLAK SMYTH

yellowgoat
01-30-2012, 11:55 AM
I am already a member of a clan otherwise I would consider it.

Send me a friend request if you would like to have a clan match sometime. GT: BLAK SMYTH

I deleted the clan. I'll send you a fr though.

Apoco
02-01-2012, 12:23 PM
So my collectors edition of Final Fantasy XIII-2 arrived at my doorstep yesterday.

I got home at 7:00 and started playing around 7:30. Approximately 7 minutes later my alarm went off telling me it was 11 PM and to turn off the game :r

The only complaint that I have so far is honestly the music (which is really weird to say about a Final Fantasy game)...it is obvious that the devs wanted to keep it light hearted - but there was a pretty painful scene tha tthey played upbeat, happy music through. WHY???

The game play is awesome, though. That's the main thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
02-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I wasn't particularly interested in Amalur until I played the demo. Seems slick. Some game review site said a "speed run" took 200+ hours, so I preordered. I'm hoping Steam preloads, but it doesn't look like it.

Skyrim's construction set drops tomorrow as well. There's some whispers about additional content being added along with it.

Apoco
02-07-2012, 06:16 AM
So my collectors edition of Final Fantasy XIII-2 arrived at my doorstep yesterday.

I got home at 7:00 and started playing around 7:30. Approximately 7 minutes later my alarm went off telling me it was 11 PM and to turn off the game :r

The only complaint that I have so far is honestly the music (which is really weird to say about a Final Fantasy game)...it is obvious that the devs wanted to keep it light hearted - but there was a pretty painful scene tha tthey played upbeat, happy music through. WHY???

The game play is awesome, though. That's the main thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alright - so I've been playing this pretty much every night since I got it a week ago. There's some stuff that is starting to bug me about the game 20+ hours in
This music is still terrible.
One of the characters is cute and designed to lighten the mood. This game has the potential to be really serious and his little quips tend to ruin that.
Because of the way the game is set up - it is non-linear (or at least has the appearance of non-linear). This has led me to wondering what to do next on more than one occasion.
The last few areas I have been in have resulted in countless waves of monsters to battle. Way more so than you would think is possible.

Despite these flaws - I'm still really enjoying the game. The music is by far the most frustrating/aggravating. It is a constant of hearing the "Aggressive Mix" of each song. Give me the old school Final Fantasy music any day over this stuff :/
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint
02-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Amalur, first impressions:

If you like Skyrim, avoid it.

It plays more like a consoley dungeon siege thingamabob.

crafting is neat but it's an awful lot of grinding for very little benefit. Every once in a while you can come up with a component through looting or salvage that will make something good. But most of the time you won't.

madwilliamflint
02-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Meh. Changed my mind. 20 hours in and the problem is that I bought it just as I was running out of Skyrim content. It's not the same game to be sure. But it's definitely fun for a romp.

There are a list of about a dozen "non-combat" skills (alchemy, blacksmithing, persuasion, detect hidden, etc.) you can put one point in per level. But then I found out about the trainers. :)

Apparently there's an in game "full respec" system as well, so no more starting from scratch to try another toon build.

cricky101
02-10-2012, 01:45 PM
I have been playing the HELL out of league of legends lately. Dominion (new game type) has breathed a new life into it. I can finish a game in 20 minutes and there is more to it than "don't die more than the other team"
Posted via Mobile Device

I've been looking for game my girlfriend and I can get into that doesn't take all day to finish and a friend suggested Dominion.

I think I'll add it to my next Amazon order and check it out.

Pseudosacred
02-14-2012, 12:16 PM
I've been looking for game my girlfriend and I can get into that doesn't take all day to finish and a friend suggested Dominion.

I think I'll add it to my next Amazon order and check it out.

League of Legends is a free download :tu

The only thing there is to pay for is Riot Points (You use them to get locked characters, skins for the characters and runes later on).

Reaver2145
02-15-2012, 05:58 AM
After pretty much giving up on EVE online ive been trolling my way through BF3 with my USAS and M320 PR0 pipe.

Also been modding skyrim to death so it looks like a real PC game.

Blak Smyth
02-15-2012, 06:02 AM
I deleted the clan. I'll send you a fr though.

:tu
Did you do this already?

Pseudosacred
02-15-2012, 11:29 PM
After pretty much giving up on EVE online ive been trolling my way through BF3 with my USAS and M320 PR0 pipe.

Also been modding skyrim to death so it looks like a real PC game.

Son of a B-word. When someone kills me with the USAS, I pull it out with frag rounds and double their score/kd :tu

Reaver2145
02-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Son of a B-word. When someone kills me with the USAS, I pull it out with frag rounds and double their score/kd :tu

When someone dose that i move onto my engy class frag usas and rpg