PDA

View Full Version : The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

theycallmedan'lboone
10-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Here she be boys.
England wins 4 out of 4 with 15 goals... Rooney scored 2, Gerrard had 1 (and missed an open goal from 6 yards).

Croatia up 4-0 last i checked.

funnymantrip
10-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Rooney is starting to get on quite a roll.. I suspect he will break a toe next week.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-15-2008, 02:43 PM
haha!

aldukes
10-15-2008, 04:01 PM
I wish Wayne would score at this pace for my fantasy team.

:eevis
10-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Just Starting to get into Futbol myself. Loved watching the Euro Cup. Watching the US v. T&T right now

theycallmedan'lboone
10-16-2008, 06:50 AM
Just Starting to get into Futbol myself. Loved watching the Euro Cup. Watching the US v. T&T right now

I didn't get to watch that match as I had a friend in town, but I saw T&T's first goal off brads head... unlucky... in other world cup qual news:

Torres and Babel both injured for Liverpool, Torres is out 10 days :( most likely not to play against Wigan, Atletico Madrid and probably Chelsea... time for Keane to earn his wages... Babel has an ankle injury with no time frame for return

Robinho is also out of the action with a thigh strain for an undetermined amount of time.

Michael Owen is hoping to return to duty in 10 days time after a groin strain.

Cesc Fabregas has suffered a quite probable broken nose but insisted on playing through for Spain. He says he will try to push through for Arsenal as he is the oldest of the midfielders (thats scary).

Adjust your teams accordingly..... :bh:bh

theycallmedan'lboone
10-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Anybody got grubby hands on with Fifa 09 yet?

Tombstone
10-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Anybody got grubby hands on with Fifa 09 yet?

I did not know that there were soccer fans in Alabama.:D

theycallmedan'lboone
10-16-2008, 09:29 AM
My friend, it would probably get me killed down here, if I admitted I'd rather watch Liverpool than Auburn (even before my Orange and Blue teams current plight) If Auburn was playing at 0630... I wouldn't think about getting up... if Liverpool were to play that early... (they do often) I'm up and ready.... speaking of the 'pool... some video's from the past...
The Greatest comback in the history of football (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4090758461576691668&hl=en)

Liverpool v Arsenal 2nd leg CL last year (very excite!) (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3203065207766895406&hl=en)

funnymantrip
10-16-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't have my copy yet but played my buddies xbox 360 way too late last night and I am working from home today.

md4958
10-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Ciao ragazzi! Great idea for a thread... look forward to chatting with you all.

Forza Azzuri!!

theycallmedan'lboone
10-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Ciao ragazzi! Great idea for a thread... look forward to chatting with you all.

Forza Azzuri!!

:bh:bh:bh GAH! Can't get away from the italians..!!!!!:c:bh:bh
(I have this passionate extreme dislike for 99 percent of Italian football, the national team, clubs etc.. say 99% because Alexandre Pato's first goal ever was something to behold, first touch in the Serie A is a goal... can't knock it, so don't take it offensively... I just hate 'em... think Doc Holiday)

md4958
10-16-2008, 12:58 PM
(I have this passionate extreme dislike for 99 percent of Italian football, the national team, clubs etc..

:r no, you cant... we are everywhere!

Jason
10-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I was suprised to see calcio in the thread title there DB, you must admit though:

Don Fabio is whipping even the Ingerlish into shape :D he said they'd "win the important games" and they are.

forza rossoneri

theycallmedan'lboone
10-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh they know their football, but they taught Christiano Ronaldo to fall down... see! (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-77073027039150763&ei=han3SNK-DpCYrAKhtozrDg&q=italian+soccer+tactics)

md4958
10-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Oh they know their football, but they taught Christiano Ronaldo to fall down... see! (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-77073027039150763&ei=han3SNK-DpCYrAKhtozrDg&q=italian+soccer+tactics)

We teach the best to be better!

hotreds
10-16-2008, 07:48 PM
FORZA JUVE!
FORZA ITALIA!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e8/Juventus-FC.png/160px-Juventus-FC.png

http://www.freewebs.com/serieamania/italie.jpg

md4958
10-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Awesome pic!!!

Don Fernando
10-17-2008, 03:29 AM
Torres and Babel both injured for Liverpool, Torres is out 10 days :( most likely not to play against Wigan, Atletico Madrid and probably Chelsea... time for Keane to earn his wages... Babel has an ankle injury with no time frame for return

Babel isn't out long, just a strained ankle, nothing serious.

Don Fernando
10-17-2008, 03:32 AM
(I have this passionate extreme dislike for 99 percent of Italian football, the national team, clubs etc.. say 99% because Alexandre Pato's first goal ever was something to behold, first touch in the Serie A is a goal... can't knock it, so don't take it offensively... I just hate 'em... think Doc Holiday)

:tpd: the defensive style of football, the macho behaviour, Italian football is boring. I never watch Italian calcio, even though some of my favorite players (Cristian Chivu, Zlatan Ibrahimovic) play there. And they play for the most boring team, Inter Milan.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-17-2008, 06:54 AM
I absolutely LOVED liverpools dismanteling of the "best team in Europe(Inter Milan) " last year... it was priceless. Though now they have "the Special One" we'll see... I love me some football. Hot Reds I dig the 16 picture.. where'd ya get it... you're not constantly "in" an airshow are ya?

aldukes
10-17-2008, 08:10 AM
the macho behaviour

:r:r:r hahahahah good one.

funnymantrip
10-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I absolutely LOVED liverpools dismanteling of the "best team in Europe(Inter Milan) " last year... it was priceless. Though now they have "the Special One" we'll see... I love me some football. Hot Reds I dig the 16 picture.. where'd ya get it... you're not constantly "in" an airshow are ya?

I thought the best team in Europe at the end of the year was United... I mean call me crazy, but that's what I thought.

Don Fernando
10-17-2008, 12:14 PM
I love United, Van der Sar is the best keeper in the world.

aldukes
10-17-2008, 12:24 PM
I thought the best team in Europe at the end of the year was United... I mean call me crazy, but that's what I thought.

good point funnyman. very good point.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-17-2008, 12:42 PM
I love United, Van der Sar is the best keeper in the world.

Thats only because he's from where you are...

and yes last year, Manchester United was the best in Europe... I was referring to the commentators before the first leg of the Liverpool-Inter match when all they could talk about was 'how good' Inter was....

Don Fernando
10-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Thats only because he's from where you are...

like he didn't win the CL and the premiership last year. Tell me, who's better then Van der Sar.

Jason
10-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Inter are sh*t. Always have been, always will be. The last few years are the closest they've come to climbing out of the evil spell they seem to be under (nothing to do with the titles they were given). How a gentleman of the caliber of Javier Zanneti ever came to play there I'll never know but I give him the credit for maknig the team credible to me.

It's funny to listen to you guys bash the Italian game while you love the English, I don't agree with your points much at all, it's totally a matter of perspective. I realize this, it's why I haven't bothered to offer my critique of the English game.

However I do find it dripping with irony that you will bemoan the Italian cultural and mentality type aspects of the Italian game while the Italian Boss that personifies it best perhaps has England looking more credible than any boss of the modern era.

I've gotta throw a wink in on that one!

;)

Don Fernando
10-17-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't care about national teams Jason, and the guys that make the premier league worth watching are mostly non English players anyway (not bashing players like Ferdinand, Rooney, Walcutt, Lampard etc)

theycallmedan'lboone
10-17-2008, 01:18 PM
like he didn't win the CL and the premiership last year. Tell me, who's better then Van der Sar.

Pepe Reina is a better goal keeper than Van Der Sar. and I pull for the US more than I pull for england... (tells you something about my sanity right) but Fabio Capello is certainly a good coach. The Italian style of football is certainly a very finesse style, in all honesty the only problem I have with the Italians is the diving. I feel they play a little dirty, but ok whatever. It's really the diving that bothers me.

Don Fernando
10-17-2008, 01:31 PM
I disagree with Reina being the better goalie.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-17-2008, 01:31 PM
I disagree with Van Der Sar being a better goalie. ( we should see how long we can do this )

theycallmedan'lboone
10-17-2008, 01:32 PM
speaking of diving... riot:r (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1978390637155647040&ei=l-f4SOGYOoaYrQLmydiKCQ&q=drogba+diving)

theycallmedan'lboone
10-17-2008, 01:34 PM
I say, most recently, last year Pepe Reina was the better goalkeeper. I believe it was 2 years before E Van Der Sar was the best keeper...

Gold Glove award anyways..

md4958
10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
The Italian style of football is certainly a very finesse style, in all honesty the only problem I have with the Italians is the diving. I feel they play a little dirty, but ok whatever. It's really the diving that bothers me.

:tpd: I have to agree with you here.. The Italians have really turned diving into an artform. It bothers me because I have always played with a different attitude. The Italians are all about the free-kicks and, like you mentioned, finesse.

funnymantrip
10-17-2008, 02:57 PM
:tpd: I have to agree with you here.. The Italians have really turned diving into an artform. It bothers me because I have always played with a different attitude. The Italians are all about the free-kicks and, like you mentioned, finesse.

I think the Portuguese will give the Itailians a good run for the money in Diving any day...

Jason
10-17-2008, 05:13 PM
I think the Portuguese will give the Itailians a good run for the money in Diving any day...

yup yup yup and let us not even go anywhere near S America.

I've gotta say Van Der Sar has been a goalkeeping hero of mine since his days at Ajax, he was prone to some very strange moments now and then (Reina's mental game is, for now, better than VDS' has ever been) but I distinctly recall an uncanny knack for guessing the correct way to dive on penalty kicks every time for a while. Not just a lot of times, every time. It was bizarre. My brother and I noticed it in a PK shootout tiebreaker and consulted video from previous matches, it was like the Twilight Zone.

speaking of video, anyone want 100lbs of VHS soccer games?! I can't bear to throw them out but I have most of my collection on disks now. :D

hotreds
10-17-2008, 08:14 PM

I googled for it. Alas, I'm not "in" any airshows- just at them photographing. However, I've hitched some neat rides- with the Golden Knights and on a KC-135 refueling an F-22.
http://www.montgomeryaviationphotography.com/F22%20refuel/Resized_refuel.jpg

Jdbwolverines
10-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Wow Dirk Kuyt. Way to come out of that dry spell with a vengeance.

Jdbwolverines
10-18-2008, 04:03 PM
I say, most recently, last year Pepe Reina was the better goalkeeper. I believe it was 2 years before E Van Der Sar was the best keeper...

Gold Glove award anyways..

As much as I love both of those guys, I think I would have to say that Petr Cech is probably the best keeper in the world right now.

funnymantrip
10-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Hell I remember when Van der Sar used to be a Wall. You could not get the ball past him on Sega even... Right now my vote goes for Cech. Van Der Sar is starting to let his age show and he is letting in some bad stuff.
Reina he can't lock his house when he goes out of town :ss

theycallmedan'lboone
10-18-2008, 06:45 PM
MY GOD I love Liverpool FC. DId y'all see the goals? first off Zaki, is the real deal. NO lie. not the prettiest win, but kuyt wins it for 'pool... Zaki's volley was prettier. (http://www.sportizo.com/football/liverpool-vs-wigan-highlights/)

funnymantrip
10-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Uh oh, United is back in the top 4. With a game in hand, and when it evens up only will be 3 pts back. For a team that had to start on the road against everyone, no Ronaldo and injuries all over the place not too shabby.

And Rooney is still scoring.

Jdbwolverines
10-20-2008, 12:05 AM
So with Liverpool @ Chelsea and Hull @ West Brom next week, Hull very well could move into a tie for second place in the Premier League. I love it when newly promoted teams are able to find success in the top flight. To often the club that are promoted one year get relegated back down the year or two after. For Hull to go from the fourth tier (Football League Two) to the top level in only 5 years is rather amazing.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-20-2008, 05:53 AM
agreed joe. Kept many of the same core of players and they play very well together. Good stuff.
Anybody going to be in N. Alabama this coming weekend? More than welcome to come watch football at my place.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Steven Gerrards goals...38 minutes long (http://www.thisisanfield.com/news/2008/10/video-steven-gerrards-100-lfc-goals/)

just if you're bored at work like me. I know I'm all about Captain Wonder, but certainly the man has scored some magnificent goals in his time.

Jason
10-20-2008, 01:14 PM
For Hull to go from the fourth tier (Football League Two) to the top level in only 5 years is rather amazing.

Amazing, hope they can keep it up but I gotta ask the question, WHERE IS DEAN WINDASS?!?!?!

theycallmedan'lboone
10-20-2008, 01:34 PM
"Dean Windass (born 1 April 1969 in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire) is an English footballer who plays as a striker for his hometown club, Hull City.
Windass' career has come full circle, having started as a trainee at Hull and signing his first professional contract there. He has also played for Aberdeen, Oxford United, Bradford City, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United. He is seen as a controversial player, once being sent off three times in a game for Aberdeen, as well as grabbing another opponent's testicles while at Bradford City, but also is Bradford's third highest scorer of all-time." (wiki)

3 TIMES IN ONE MATCH!?! hell fire, I can't manage to even get straight red for telling the official how extremely intelligent he is and ripping his velcro'd badge off and taking it with me.. I just got 2 yellows for it.

Jason
10-20-2008, 01:40 PM
3 TIMES IN ONE MATCH!?! hell fire, I can't manage to even get straight red for telling the official how extremely intelligent he is and ripping his velcro'd badge off and taking it with me.. I just got 2 yellows for it.

the old fart got the goal that got them there and as far as I know he hasn't played a minute? Shameful.

OK, so I just wanna hear the announcer say WIIINNNNNNDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAASSS!!!! again when he scores.

aldukes
10-20-2008, 03:57 PM
windass was my nickname in high school.

Boone- away from a computer for a week- can we get a fantasy update?

theycallmedan'lboone
10-21-2008, 08:20 AM
roger roger coming up.

update on my sending off : haha oh well.
after telling the clown exactly how incredibly intelligent he was and HANDING HIM my copy of the FIFA 07-08 Laws I figure I'd do better than just a 2nd caution.

# Date Team Player Offense ban
3 10/19/08 Wolde Robert Pittman 2nd Caution 1 Game

fantasy update inbound... aldukes are we missing anybody here from elsewhere?

Don Fernando
10-21-2008, 08:23 AM
)

:D this made me laugh out loud

theycallmedan'lboone
10-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Points and places:
1 fantasy1 Dan'lboone 284
2 CS Scousers P NOON 243
3 Jdbwolverines Jdbwolverines 239
4 Heritage St. Lou Stu 229
5 SOS FC yayson 217
6 aldukes aldukes 197
7 Buckeye's Bashers reggiebuckeye 196
8 Lakeland Wednesday T. Tripoli 187
9 Trudy Tours TTOURS 169
10 Leeds Ga. Aracos 161

EPL UPDATE:
L'pool:
Stevie G says 'pool must start to dictate matches from start to finish rather than relying on Herculean combacks, Torres at best, extremely doubtful for Saturdays Clash w/ Chelsea. Good news, Dirk kuyt is on fire.
Chelsea:
After the 'our-reserve-team-scored-5-goals-against-boro-outing' Chelsea certainly look to have the firepower needed to be on top when it matters. First Top of the table clash coming Saturday Liverpool @ Stamford bridge.
ManU: Rooney Started to score.. maybe he should keep the haircut.
Arsenal: *INJURY UPDATE* Kolo Toure out for at least a month, Arsene Wengers squad seem to lack "grit" the ability to win ugly.
***** Other news warrented**********************
Zaki is the real deal
Official hit with 50 P peice... ( I do not condone such violent action )
Newcastle and Tottenham are getting relegated.

funnymantrip
10-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Newcastle and Spurs..... No...

theycallmedan'lboone
10-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Newcastle.. maybe not.. but have you seen Spurs play? wow.

aldukes
10-21-2008, 04:35 PM
is klinsmann coming back to spurs?

funnymantrip
10-22-2008, 07:02 AM
That would piss me off if Klinesman went to Spurs. I was so happy when the "rumor" went out that he would take over the National Team. I think he would have been a great fit... Though last year when the 'special one left' I did advocate US soccer sending him a check and letting him fill in the amount.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-22-2008, 07:09 AM
That would piss me off if Klinesman went to Spurs. I was so happy when the "rumor" went out that he would take over the National Team. I think he would have been a great fit... Though last year when the 'special one left' I did advocate US soccer sending him a check and letting him fill in the amount.

as did I. as much as I hate him

I'm bloody livid now, as I won't be able to watch Liverpool v Atletico because it's on ESPN DEPORTES!!!!!!!:fl:fl:fl

theycallmedan'lboone
10-22-2008, 09:18 AM
*******Injury update**********************

Martin Petrov out for at least 4 months. Take him off your squad.

funnymantrip
10-22-2008, 10:05 AM
as did I. as much as I hate him

I'm bloody livid now, as I won't be able to watch Liverpool v Atletico because it's on ESPN DEPORTES!!!!!!!:fl:fl:fl

I've got to get my head back in the game. I was home all day yesterday and completely forgot about United/Celtic. I am ashamed of myself.

pnoon
10-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I am ashamed of myself.

You should be. You're a ManU fan. ;)

funnymantrip
10-22-2008, 10:14 AM

Touche...

theycallmedan'lboone
10-22-2008, 02:19 PM
1-1 in the 80th. Keane and SImao

theycallmedan'lboone
10-22-2008, 02:39 PM
pool and A. Madrid go 1-1.

Jdbwolverines
10-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Was you're Liverpool-Atlético Madrid actually on Deportes? I had it on here (time-warner in Milwaukee) I had it on Espn 2. It was even in HD.
All in all I was fairly disappointed in both sides. Pretty choppy game, neither team really got into any rhythm. Reffing was pretty, although consistently bad. I think this played apart in the lack of flow. Was disappointed that Kuyt and Keane didn't get to start together. I think if they would have, Liverpool would have put it away in the first half. If Torres would have been playing,it wouldn't have even been close.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-23-2008, 08:07 AM
yeah down here it was only on Deportes, not happy.

funnymantrip
10-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Beckham to AC Milian? I thought it was just going to be the 'training' like he did last year but now they are talking it will be a permanent move. Why do people need an old, old. old midfielder whose prime is so past I don't even have those FIFA games anymore.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Becks still has some talent left... (not that he had an outrageous amount to being with) but certainly his experience is what makes him valuable.

Jason
10-24-2008, 09:51 AM
he puts butts in seats and shirts over the counter

and he's not past his prime I don't think, he's as useful as he ever was. Take that whichever way you please :)

theycallmedan'lboone
10-24-2008, 10:05 AM
ROFL

Don Fernando
10-25-2008, 09:43 AM

I really should ding your rep for this Peter! There's only one team I like more then ManU and that is Ajax Amsterdam.

Don Fernando
10-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Becks still has some talent left... (not that he had an outrageous amount to being with) but certainly his experience is what makes him valuable.

It's the mercandise he sells and the media coverage he will get for the club that makes him valuable.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Liverpool up 1-0 at half! Come ON you REDS!

pnoon
10-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Liverpool up 1-0 at half! Come ON you REDS!

Take that, Chelsea.

Liverpool records a 1-0 win with a goal by Xabi Alonso - who just happens to be on my fantasy team. :)

theycallmedan'lboone
10-26-2008, 11:17 AM
*sigh* no fantasy point from Xabi for me.... but THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL!

funnymantrip
10-27-2008, 07:17 AM
I was pulling for Lpool (and for some reason guys became attractive). :) Great win. This is shaping up to be a fantastic year. I am amazed with Hull. 1/4 of the way through and with each game getting more and more safe.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Hull has certainly been fantastic. If they finish in the top half of the league thats pretty dogon impressive. If they keep at the pace they are, they'll finish ahead of all the teams that said they'd break into it this season... Man City, Aston Villa...

Don Fernando
10-27-2008, 07:30 AM
an impressive start doesn't guarentee anything. Reading just missed qualifing for the uefa cup in their first PL season. they relegated in their 2nd season.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-27-2008, 08:44 AM
True... and Liverpool were on top of the League last year before Christmas...

Don Fernando
10-27-2008, 08:59 AM
and in the end United will be champions again :)

theycallmedan'lboone
10-27-2008, 11:28 AM
don, lay off the crack.:D

theycallmedan'lboone
10-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Fantasy Update:
The Liverpool fans obviously have the top 3 wrapped up pretty tightly.... :ss

Position Team Name Manager Score
1 fantasy1 Dan'lboone 322
2 Jdbwolverines Jdbwolverines 279
3 CS Scousers P NOON 274
4 Heritage St. Lou Stu 254
5 SOS FC yayson 242
6 Buckeye's Bashers reggiebuckeye 231
7 Lakeland Wednesday T. Tripoli 220
8 aldukes aldukes 214
9 Trudy Tours TTOURS 182
10 Leeds Ga. Aracos 175

aldukes
10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
What happened to my team? I was movin on up.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-27-2008, 01:46 PM
what are you talking about? If we ended the season now, you wouldn't be relegated!:r

aldukes
10-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Is it too late to sign Freddie Ljungberg?

Jdbwolverines
10-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Is it too late to sign Freddie Ljungberg?

Do you get points for underwear ads?

Also, good fantasy week for me. Finally moved back into the second spot.

pnoon
10-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Do you get points for underwear ads?

Also, good fantasy week for me. Finally moved back into the second spot.

:tg

theycallmedan'lboone
10-28-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm just waiting for somebody to creep up on me... but then I've only got 12 transfers left...

theycallmedan'lboone
10-28-2008, 09:50 AM
So... I play in the Huntsville Adult Soccer League http://hasl.org/ in the first division for the team WOLDE, We are currently in 3rd from the bottom (read that as 1 game away from relegation or not) we have currently 12 points. The team below us, in the relegation spot, has 11 points. They will play the last place team, we will play the first place team. We've already beaten the first place team, 1-0. How exciting! Last year, we were a single point away from promotion... this year... fighting relegation... hilarious. By my math, and the 3 points for a win 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss: If the team we are fighting relegation against wins, and we win, it no matter. If the opposition wins and we don't win, we lose. As long as they don't win, we win. This is so complicated! They are a good team, who should be on top, we are a mid level team who should be mid-level. On a note that affects everyone: The National Weather Service is forecasting a 40 degree kick-off.... (that's a bit chilly down here in 'bama) I guess I'll post Wednesday night the results... honestly It'd be really funny if we got relegated, because the talent level on the team is just awe-inspiring, minus me of course, I just hit people.

Jdbwolverines
10-28-2008, 04:18 PM
What if you loose and they draw, wouldn't that put you tied at 12 pts? Would you then be relegated because of the goal differential? Then it wouldn't be "As long as they don't win, we win". But anyways, your fate is your hands so just win and don't worry about it.

It also snowed here yesterday so you have no sympathy from me with your "chilly" kickoff.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-28-2008, 04:37 PM
You damn yankees and your SNOW! you know me Joe, 45 degrees and I look like the kid from A Christmas Story.... http://kimandjason.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/autographed-randy_snowsuit.jpg

theycallmedan'lboone
10-30-2008, 07:24 AM
well we managed to avoid relegation. We won 2-1. I got my rear handed to me all night as one of their strikers was a bad man. I had two solid tackles, one saved a shot on goal, and one just kept my pride from getting hurt as I got burned. The shot on goal tackle was the most exciting, and earned me 4 duct tape butterflies as my medic fiance informed me that it needed stitches... I passed... and got the other guy kicked out. They play a long ball to (my) right of the field and then switch it through sending my man on, he was faster than me so he just went around, but when he slowed to shoot about 18 yards out, I saw my chance. coming from my right to left, I tackled in and hit the ball out to my teammate who was coming pounding in, right before this guy shot, when he put his foot down to try to go get the ball back, he stepped on my lower right thigh... hamstring area and just ripped my leg up. of course I've got to leave the field, and I point out to the official that is sending me to get the blood off, that normal dull cleats don't cut like that, you might want to check his boots. he does, the dude had filed the edges down til they were sharp and thin. If he had gone and changed boots it wouldn't have been a problem, but he saw fit ( the opposition was mexican they talk more than the bloody italians) to argue about it, and promptly cussed out the official... red... they picked up one more red card with about 10 minutes to go. So we held possession and passed until I would screw it up and just blast it down the field instead of giving it up. I had one really good opportunity to score and managed to screw it up as well. We had a free kick from about 40 yards, and I went up to had some height to the front line. Shot right at the keeper who drops it right on my foot... and I hit the post. I think if I was forced to reach for it I'd have scored... oh well. I'm way out of shape and it really showed tonight. SO my goal for the next season ( spring ) is to be in full 90 minute shape. WE shall see how that works out... but I need to get in shape bad because I sucked it up last night.

besides Liverpool won, who cares..

theycallmedan'lboone
10-30-2008, 11:32 AM
**********Points update************************
It would appear that young JDB is inching ever closer I guess I need to pick up my game...

1 fantasy1 Dan'lboone 371
2 Jdbwolverines Jdbwolverines 328
3 CS Scousers P NOON 314
4 SOS FC yayson 289
5 Heritage St. Lou Stu 289
6 Lakeland Wednesday T. Tripoli 282
7 aldukes aldukes 250
8 Buckeye's Bashers reggiebuckeye 249
9 Leeds Ga. Aracos 216
10 Trudy Tours TTOURS 205

**********INJURY UPDATE********************
Chelsea 5 R Carvalho Thigh Muscle Strain 22nd Nov 08
M Ballack Calf Muscle Strain 9th Nov 08
J Cole Ankle/Foot Injury 1st Nov 08 very doubtful
D Drogba Knee Injury 9th Nov 08
M Essien ACL Knee Injury Mar 09
Manchester City 5 M Petrov Knee Injury Feb 09
M Johnson Groin Strain no return date
V Bojinov Calf/Shin Injury Feb 09
D Vassell Knee Injury 2nd Nov 08
B Mwaruwari Thigh Muscle Strain 2nd Nov 08
Newcastle United 5 N Butt Ankle/Foot Injury 3rd Nov 08
M Owen Groin Strain 3rd Nov 08
A Smith Achilles Tendinopathy 20th Dec 08
W Ngo Baheng ACL Knee Injury Jan 09
M Viduka Achilles Tendinopathy no return date
West Ham United 5 M Noble Calf Muscle Strain 23rd Nov 08
D Ashton Os Trigonum Syndrome Jan 09
D Gabbidon Groin/Pelvis Injury 8th Dec 08
J Spector Hip/Thigh Injury 23rd Nov 08
K Dyer Broken Leg Jan 09
Blackburn Rovers 4 S Reid Knee Injury Jun 09
V Grella Hamstring Injury no return date
R Santa Cruz Hamstring Injury 1st Nov 08
D Dunn Calf/Shin Injury 20th Dec 08
Middlesbrough 4 Mido Hamstring Injury 1st Nov 08
J Hoyte Groin Strain 1st Nov 08
R Huth Ankle/Foot Injury 1st Nov 08
R Williams LCL Knee Ligament Injury Jan 09
Portsmouth 3 G Little Hamstring Injury no return date
G Johnson Groin/Pelvis Injury 1st Nov 08
D Nugent Gilmores Groin 8th Nov 08
West Bromwich Albion 3 D Kim Knee Injury 21st Dec 08
A Meite Calf Muscle Strain 1st Nov 08
N Clement Knee Injury no return date
Arsenal 2 E Da Silva Broken Leg 22nd Nov 08
T Rosicky Hamstring Injury Jan 09
Fulham 2 Andranik Knee Injury Jan 09
D Kamara Knee Injury Jan 09
Liverpool 2 F Torres Hamstring Injury 8th Nov 08
M Skrtel PCL Tear 21st Dec 08
Manchester United 2 O Hargreaves Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome 1st Nov 08
P Scholes MCL Knee Ligament Injury 20th Dec 08
Stoke City 2 A Davies Knee Injury 29th Nov 08
L Lawrence Sprained Ankle 8th Nov 08
Sunderland 2 C Gordon Sprained Ankle 1st Nov 08
D Ward Back Injury no return date
Aston Villa 1 W Bouma Ankle/Foot Injury Jan 09
Everton 1 L Jacobsen Dislocated Shoulder 22nd Dec 08
Hull City 1 C Fagan Broken Leg 13th Dec 08
Tottenham Hotspur 1 Gilberto MCL Knee Ligament Injury 1st Nov 08
Wigan Athletic 1 E Edman ACL Knee Injury 1st Nov 08

funnymantrip
10-30-2008, 01:57 PM
I got tossed last night on a long ball I was attacking, I was quite a bit faster than the defender and on the run to the ball he smartly got in my way.. While trying to jocky through his attempt at slowing me down the guy pulled a Ronaldo, Flailed to the ground as I broke contact and was going to be unopposed to the ball. Like I shot him in the head, where my contact to him was arm and maybe a bit of chest. Whistle blows and they claimed I struck him in the face. I was warned a little bit earlier for being a bit 'mouthy' in requesting a free kick as I was being tossed around like a rag doll.

theycallmedan'lboone
10-30-2008, 02:19 PM
I mentioned that to the official last night, the whole I'm getting shot by a sniper .50 BMG, he was very quick to tell the dirty mexicans to get the hell up. It was honestly kinda funny.

Jdbwolverines
10-31-2008, 01:57 PM
The last couple of match days have been good to me in fantasy (and Liverpool). Also, good thing you didn't get relegated because I don't think I could be friends with anymore.

aldukes
10-31-2008, 01:59 PM
youre all a bunch of dirty players.

funnymantrip
11-01-2008, 07:22 AM
youre all a bunch of dirty players.

Maybe, but I'm not diver. So I got that going for me, which is nice

theycallmedan'lboone
11-01-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm not dirty, I showered earlier... and I don't dive.. hangs head because liverpool lost... :(

Don Fernando
11-01-2008, 07:44 PM
GO SPURS!!!

Ajax won the tough away game against FC Twente today and are now in 2nd position, equal points to AZ but a lesser goal difference.

funnymantrip
11-01-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm not dirty, I showered earlier... and I don't dive.. hangs head because liverpool lost... :(

Oh man.. I taped that game to watch some college football.. Was going to fast forward through it anyway.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Liverpool didn't deserve to lose, but I guess you win some you lose some. it's not like there's anybody in the PL thats undefeated.

Jason
11-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Liverpool didn't deserve to lose, but I guess you win some you lose some. it's not like there's anybody in the PL thats undefeated.

Did Rafa pick up Juande as an assistant or something? :D

theycallmedan'lboone
11-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Why He speaks spanish and english....:rolleyes:

theycallmedan'lboone
11-02-2008, 09:00 PM
geez, exciting, or depressing week of football depending on who your team is...

Jason
11-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Why He speaks spanish and english....:rolleyes:

That was the only way Tottenham was going to win, get rid of Ramos, and the only way I figured pool could lose, by picking him up ;) shtuff happens, I'm sure your guys have a good season ahead

The Milan Napoli match was electric today,looks like Milan's getting used to life without Pirlo, Kaka and Seedorf were bossin it today and Lavezzi with Napoli was just the shiz as usual. Lavezzi is amazing, we should buy him :|

theycallmedan'lboone
11-03-2008, 06:47 AM
we as in club stogie?

theycallmedan'lboone
11-03-2008, 06:54 AM
EPL fantasy roundup:
Position Team Name Manager Score Info
1 fantasy1 Dan'lboone 395
2 Jdbwolverines Jdbwolverines 352
3 CS Scousers P NOON 324
4 Heritage St. Lou Stu 321
5 Lakeland Wednesday T. Tripoli 311
6 SOS FC yayson 302
7 aldukes aldukes 278
8 Buckeye's Bashers reggiebuckeye 276
9 Leeds Ga. Aracos 242
10 Trudy Tours TTOURS 217

I dig it that the top three are run by the scousers.... although St. Lou Stu is creeping up and only 3 points off from Pnoon.
but it's a long season... Liverpool's gonna win it anyways...

funnymantrip
11-03-2008, 08:47 AM
I think my friend Aldukes will agree with me. 5 pts up, and United with a game in hand. The 2nd half of the season everyone comes to OT to play. If no one was up on United by 9-10, they are going to run away with it by the end of the season.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-03-2008, 08:51 AM
funnyman, I guess we shall see... if I wasn't already monetarily involved with a 3 other individuals over who finishes top of the PL this season, I'd offer an additional wager.. however, i'll say, I don't think so, but we shall see.

aldukes
11-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Im with funnyman on this one- that game in hand looks very pretty right now.
This season is shaping up to be a carbon copy of 07-08. I think the Champions League games actually help- they have so many midfielders and strikers- it keeps everyone fresh and game ready at the same time.

Don Fernando
11-03-2008, 10:34 AM
but it's a long season... Liverpool's gonna win it anyways...

sorry bro! The title will stay in Manchester.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-03-2008, 01:41 PM
only time shall tell.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-03-2008, 07:08 PM
jason. just for youhttp://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=588775&sec=england&cc=5901....

Bewildered Hull striker Dean Windass claims he feels like he has been "kicked in the teeth'' after being axed for last weekend's trip to Manchester United.

The 39-year-old forward stressed he would only consider leaving the Tigers if an offer which suits him comes in.

Oldham have confirmed their interest in Windass but Leeds have backed off, and in any case dropping two divisions to League One may not appeal to a player whose goal in last season's Championship final carried Hull into the Premier League.

The main gripe Windass has relates to his lack of involvement this season, and he has questioned manager Phil Brown's motives for using him off the bench against Chelsea last week.

Windass told itv.com: "I have to admit I've not had a great week and am feeling pretty low at the moment. In fact I feel like I've been kicked in the teeth.

"I finally got on to the pitch against Chelsea last Wednesday and it felt great to be playing again, even if it was only for seven minutes. But then on Saturday at Old Trafford I was dropped without any explanation from the manager.

"The reception I got from the Hull fans at the KC [Stadium] was amazing and made the hairs on my neck stand up, but after Saturday I now can't help feeling it was something of a token gesture from the manager.''

Windass claims he has a "great relationship'' with Brown, however, it may become strained as he waits on the sidelines for his chance in the top flight. He's told me often that he wants me to stay, but after Saturday I'm feeling bewildered,'' Windass said.

The former Middlesbrough, Aberdeen and Bradford striker is determined not to become a disruptive presence at the KC Stadium, although his first-team chances look slim with Daniel Cousin, Marlon King and Caleb Folan ahead of him in the pecking order.

"I'm still training hard, no-one can accuse me of sulking but I just can't see any light at the end of the tunnel,'' said Windass. "They say football has a habit of kicking you in the teeth and I'm feeling that at the moment.

"Apart from the seven minutes against Chelsea, it's been a long time since I played and I don't really know what to do. Shall I move on? I know I'll have to make a decision sooner rather than later.

"I've been told there's interest from Leeds, Oldham and Doncaster but nothing's gone any further. If I do leave it has to be for the right reasons and to the right club. I don't just want to go somewhere else to pick up the wages.''

theycallmedan'lboone
11-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Jozy Altidore became the first American to score in La Liga last night in a 4-1 win over Athletic Bilbao.

Liverpool v Athletico Madrid tonight as Chelsea take on Roma at the site of the Final this season, Stadio Olympico.

funnymantrip
11-04-2008, 08:03 AM
I had Jozy leading the EPL last year for Sheff. Wed and their Treble victory... Wait, I don't think that was real

Jason
11-04-2008, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-62GfQlOis

crappy video, easy goal

theycallmedan'lboone
11-04-2008, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-62GfQlOis

crappy video, easy goal

there's always a critic...

Jason
11-04-2008, 03:27 PM
there's always a critic...

that did sound a little critical didn't it? I'm very happy to have found it and even happier Jozy's doin the bidness

video blows though, no apologies

funnymantrip
11-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Come on United...Get the 3 pts and get us to the knockout stage.

Decent game for Lpool yesterday, it's obvious those are the 2 from the group going through. I know you would have liked to see the full 3 but better than being behind.

Stinking Chelsea better not have bad game next time out.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-05-2008, 08:01 AM
I'd have not given the penalty for liverpool in the waning moments of the match, however, there were 2 or 3 in regular time, that Blew my mind.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-05-2008, 08:51 AM
* guess who's the newest addition to my team!?!? ****

********************Injury Update by Team***************************

noteables:
Adebeyor -- no return date
walcott-- no return date

Club Injuries Player Condition Expected Return* Next Match**
Arsenal 7 B Sagna Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
E Eboue Knee Injury no return date
T Walcott Shoulder Injury no return date
E Adebayor Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
W Gallas Hamstring Injury no return date
E Da Silva Broken Leg 22nd Nov 08
T Rosicky Hamstring Injury Jan 09
West Ham United 7 S Parker Calf Muscle Strain 8th Nov 08
V Behrami Calf Muscle Strain 1st Dec 08
M Noble Calf Muscle Strain 23rd Nov 08
D Ashton Os Trigonum Syndrome Jan 09
K Dyer Broken Leg Jan 09
Newcastle United 6 N Butt Ankle/Foot Injury 3rd Nov 08
M Owen Groin Strain 3rd Nov 08
I Gonzalez Achilles Tendinopathy no return date
W Ngo Baheng ACL Knee Injury Jan 09
M Viduka Achilles Tendinopathy no return date
Manchester City 5 M Petrov Knee Injury Feb 09
M Johnson Groin Strain no return date
D Vassell Knee Injury 9th Nov 08
B Mwaruwari Thigh Muscle Strain 9th Nov 08
Chelsea 4 A Cole Calf Muscle Strain 15th Nov 08
R Carvalho Thigh Muscle Strain 22nd Nov 08
M Ballack Calf Muscle Strain 9th Nov 08
West Bromwich Albion 4 F Teixeira Calf Muscle Strain 8th Nov 08
D Kim Knee Injury 21st Dec 08
A Meite Calf Muscle Strain 8th Nov 08
Blackburn Rovers 3 S Reid Knee Injury Jun 09
R Santa Cruz Calf Muscle Strain 15th Nov 08
Fulham 3 K Seol Knee Injury no return date
Andranik Knee Injury Jan 09
D Kamara Knee Injury Jan 09
Manchester United 3 W Brown Sprained Ankle 8th Nov 08
O Hargreaves Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome no return date
Middlesbrough 3 M Shawky Thigh Muscle Strain 6th Dec 08
R Huth Ankle/Foot Injury 9th Nov 08
R Williams LCL Knee Ligament Injury Jan 09
Sunderland 3 D Connolly Groin/Pelvis Injury 13th Dec 08
C Gordon Sprained Ankle 8th Nov 08
D Ward Back Injury no return date
Everton 2 N Valente Knee Injury 8th Nov 08
L Jacobsen Dislocated Shoulder 22nd Dec 08
Hull City 2 A Gardner Thigh Muscle Strain 22nd Nov 08
C Fagan Broken Leg 13th Dec 08
Liverpool 2 F Torres Hamstring Injury 8th Nov 08
Portsmouth 2 G Little Hamstring Injury 8th Nov 08
D Nugent Gilmores Groin 15th Nov 08
L Lawrence Sprained Ankle 29th Nov 08
Tottenham Hotspur 2 J Jenas Ankle/Foot Injury 9th Nov 08
Gilberto MCL Knee Ligament Injury 9th Nov 08
Wigan Athletic 1 E Edman ACL Knee Injury 29th Nov 08
Bolton Wanderers 0

Jdbwolverines
11-05-2008, 08:23 PM
I'd have not given the penalty for liverpool in the waning moments of the match, however, there were 2 or 3 in regular time, that Blew my mind.

I agree. The penalty was pretty weak, just two guys going for the ball. We were due for a pk though, with all the no calls on some of the earlier handballs and what not. The team is really starting to miss Torres though and struggling to put the ball in the back of the net.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Gentlemen ( I use that term very loosely... Jason....) for your discussion:

A war of words has broken out between Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger and Stoke manager Tony Pulis over the physical nature of football

The Gunners boss accused some Stoke players of being 'cowards' and attempting to deliberately injure his team during Saturday's 2-1 defeat at the Britannia Stadium.

But Pulis has hit back, stating his players are just "honest and committed".

Do you think Wenger has a point? Should players receive greater protection? Are referees doing enough to deal with late tackles and challenges from behind?

Do you think the laws have gone too far already and offer too much protection to players? Do you believe there is a place for a more physical approach and tough tackling is just part of the game?

Jason
11-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Gentlemen ( I use that term very loosely... Jason....) for your discussion:

A war of words has broken out between Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger and Stoke manager Tony Pulis over the physical nature of football

The Gunners boss accused some Stoke players of being 'cowards' and attempting to deliberately injure his team during Saturday's 2-1 defeat at the Britannia Stadium.

But Pulis has hit back, stating his players are just "honest and committed".

Do you think Wenger has a point? Should players receive greater protection? Are referees doing enough to deal with late tackles and challenges from behind?

Do you think the laws have gone too far already and offer too much protection to players? Do you believe there is a place for a more physical approach and tough tackling is just part of the game?

Plain and simple Venga is a ***** and his players follow suit. I causes me no joy to say that, I love their devotion to the beautiful game and the players and coach are top notch but they have no leader, no iron man defensive holding mid to push them on when things are going poorly.

They have plenty of awesome players. These guys will urge their teammates on when things are going well but when they get down, they ALL get down. Not one player will hold his head and fist up and challenge his mates with positive encouragement. Gallas' technique is to scream psychotically.

I said Wenger is a good manager, he obviously has an eye for talent, is somewhat tactically astute and is a decent man manager. HOWEVER, he's an arrogant whining punk. He is the star and apparently he won't add that man that drives them on, he wants to be the special one. And he is always whining, merciful heavens shut this man up.

funnymantrip
11-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Could not agree with Jason any more.. Did AW think that going on the road into a brand new Prem Side, would be easy. Did he not think that Stoke would play agressive, and try to make things happen. Did he want to be awarded the points just b/c he is Arsenal and they are Stoke. They should just lay down to his superstars and be honored to play them. What a freaking crock.

This is England. Guess what, you get hard fouls, space closes down with a crunch. The game is not getting too agressive. In fact I think they are blowing way to many whistles. Most often somone goes flying you get a foul, all ball or not. I like how in England the officials seem to give warnings and keep track of players. Terrible fouls are booked, but for the most part you can tell when player x has used up all his credit, or when the next foul is going to get a card. WE DO NOT want what seemed to happen in the last WC and a bit in Euro where officials were on such a short leash, cards were flying teams were down 1 or 2 men for no real good reason.

I also think Jason has a great point on the Arsenal 'enforcer'. Would you tackle from behind in the midfield against a Roy Keane United.. Well you might do it once, but no more.

Wenger and Arsenal are a bunch of Puffs. Apparently they read a bit too much press and figured that they would just walk into the top 2 this year. Much like our esteemed friends from Lpool found out last year.. You need to collect 3 pts every week, draws and horrible losses don't get you there.

Lpool seems to have learned that lesson so far. Arsenal, same team that fell apart last year... I hope Stoke circles the trip to the Emerites and gives them another thrashing.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-06-2008, 11:27 AM
you bastages make me smile on the inside! I really despise Wenger, the majority of the Arsenal team, and wish they would lose enough to not make it in the top 4. They make some slick passes, clever runs, but if Jamie Carragher so much as touches you, fall the hell over... Every team has their "enforcer" Liverpool has Carra, and Skrtel, Man U has Rio and Vidic, Chelsea has Terry, Arsenal? has william gallas who likes to scream. Big reason they will not do well this season. The only person on Arsenal's team that I have respect for? Theo Walcott. The kid plays hard. He wants to win, but he's a kid. I think Wenger wants Cesc Fabregas to be his leader to be his Steven Gerrard/FrankLampard.... don't see it. Fabregas is just too quiet. not physically passionate. oh well. Funny, you make a great point about how pool has learned you have to win all the points week in, week out and see where you stand at the end of the season. Arsenal... not so much.

Jason
11-06-2008, 09:44 PM
The only person on Arsenal's team that I have respect for? Theo Walcott.

Take a look at Bacary Sagna, he should turn out to be something special. I have yet to see him crack a smile, he is a footballing cyborg.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-07-2008, 07:01 AM
kinda like martin skrtel? the man eats nails. The only emotion I ever saw from him was when he jacked up his knee against City...

get barry to cut his hair that stuff skeers me.

Jdbwolverines
11-07-2008, 01:27 PM
The last thing I want to see is EPL become like the NFL. You can barely tackle the quarterback or a receiver anymore without i being a flag or a fine. One of the reasons the the Premiership is the best league in the world is because it is a hard, tough league. If you can't hack it out there, go play in Italy or France or somewhere.

aldukes
11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I flopped this passed Wednesday night.

I lost a high ball in the lights lifted my arm up under the guy and fell. Oldest trick in the book. And you know what- the ball bounced over my head and I got the call. The gentleman that I elbowed did not take too kindly to it, but as I explained to him later- even I didn't think that would work.

My name is Matt, and I'm a flopper.

Jason
11-07-2008, 02:02 PM

blocked/ignored

funnymantrip
11-07-2008, 02:29 PM

It's ok, just try not to do it again.

funnymantrip
11-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Not a fan of the first half at all. Park is doing nothing, Arsenal is just flying down his side. United is choking when they get into the box, and I cringe each time Berbatov gets a touch.

Don Fernando
11-08-2008, 06:50 AM
The only person on Arsenal's team that I have respect for? Theo Walcott. The kid plays hard. He wants to win

hey hey, what about my fellow Dutchie Van Persie? Although he came from the wrong team (Feyenoord) and plays for the wrong team now, I think he's a great player, skilled as hell.

pnoon
11-08-2008, 08:16 AM
hey hey, what about my fellow Dutchie Van Persie? Although he came from the wrong team (Feyenoord) and plays for the wrong team now, I think he's a great player, skilled as hell.

Dirk Kuyt is no slouch. And he plays for the right team now.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Pnoon 1 ---- Don Fernando 0
Van Persie is certainly talented.. I just don't much care for him... too much priss.

Don Fernando
11-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Kuyt only played for wrong teams in his carreer. FC Utrecht, Feyenoord and now Liverpool. I mean, how many bad mistakes can a guy make? I will tell you, he will end up playing for Glasgow Rangers someday.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-08-2008, 06:06 PM
:r:r:r:r don the ranger comment was too much!

did anybody see Arbeloa's goal... it was pristine. here's the goal
http://eplvideos.com/index.php?ind=videos&op=entry_view&iden=1273

dcamacho
11-08-2008, 08:27 PM
http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgsp0074+arsenal-the-gunners-club-badge-arsenal-football-club-poster.jpg

Jason
11-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Kuyt only played for wrong teams in his carreer,,,,I will tell you, he will end up playing for Glasgow Rangers someday.

I had a guffaw on this one, well said :D

I saw Arbeloa's goal and was doubly glad I traded him into my squad this week!

theycallmedan'lboone
11-09-2008, 09:07 AM
too true... I got up to watch the blackburn, chelsea match just to see if Robbie Fowler would make it on... he did... but no goal.

Don Fernando
11-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Ajax beat Sparta and is still in the lead of the Dutch league, Klaas Jan Huntelaar might be a few weeks out with an ankle injury though :(

theycallmedan'lboone
11-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Fantasy Update:
points to ponder

1) now that Robbie Keane has scored in the EPL is he worthy of your squad? Especially with the Terrifying Fernando Torres returning..

2) is Michael owen on anyones team?

3) Why does Jermaine Defoe score, after I drop him?

4) Manchester have dropped 3 points to Arsenal, giving Arsenal a big morale boost, is Man U on the decline? or is it just a matter of time?

5) Somebody keep an eye on St Lou Stu as he is working on breaking the scouser glass ceiling... he's already passed pnoon, but I think peter's got it in him to stage a comeback.

1 fantasy1 Dan'lboone 438
2 Jdbwolverines Jdbwolverines 388
3 Heritage St. Lou Stu 363
4 CS Scousers P NOON 355
5 SOS FC yayson 345
6 Lakeland Wednesday T. Tripoli 334
7 aldukes aldukes 308
8 Buckeye's Bashers reggiebuckeye 304
9 Leeds Ga. Aracos 268
10 Trudy Tours TTOURS 238

pnoon
11-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Fantasy Update:
points to ponder

1) now that Robbie Keane has scored in the EPL is he worthy of your squad? Especially with the Terrifying Fernando Torres returning..

4) Manchester have dropped 3 points to Arsenal, giving Arsenal a big morale boost, is Man U on the decline? or is it just a matter of time?

5) Somebody keep an eye on St Lou Stu as he is working on breaking the scouser glass ceiling... he's already passed pnoon, but I think peter's got it in him to stage a comeback.

1 fantasy1 Dan'lboone 438
2 Jdbwolverines Jdbwolverines 388
3 Heritage St. Lou Stu 363
4 CS Scousers P NOON 355
5 SOS FC yayson 345
6 Lakeland Wednesday T. Tripoli 334
7 aldukes aldukes 308
8 Buckeye's Bashers reggiebuckeye 304
9 Leeds Ga. Aracos 268
10 Trudy Tours TTOURS 238

I seem to be sinking like a stone in the table. While I do think I can stage a comeback, all that really matters to me is that Liverpool continue to win.

(A loss to Tottenham? I still don't believe it. :bh :bh)

theycallmedan'lboone
11-10-2008, 09:02 AM
do you need to check out who to put in your squad? Who's most likely going to get you points for starting? Who's got a few goals here and there? check out
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html
Anelka has scored 10 goals this season and is in a pretty good vein of form at the moment, I'd be a fool to not pick him up

the premier league statistics table shows who leads the appearances chart and who rarely plays

who scores, who assists, who gets carded and who gets sent off. Some valuable information.

funnymantrip
11-10-2008, 09:39 AM
I can easily answer #4.

United is not on the decline.. The big for games are all out of the way on the first round. 2nd round is all at OT.

Fernado Torres hes no Ronaldo.

aldukes
11-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Im now starting 3/4 of the backline for ManU.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Fernando Torres is certainly not Ronaldo. Torres doesn't fall over as easily.

Jason
11-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Fernando Torres is certainly not Ronaldo. Torres doesn't fall over as easily.

Stevie G does the easy falling! ;)

funnymantrip
11-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Gerrards wife is smoking though, you have to give him a pass on that. And I am sure Torres' boyfriend is quite the looker as well.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Stevie G does the easy falling! ;)

I am certain I do not know what you're talking about.

but yes. Steven Gerrard's wife... wow. :tu

Don Fernando
11-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Gerrards wife is smoking though.

yeah? what's her fav marca? :r

Jdbwolverines
11-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Fantasy Update:
points to ponder

According to Lampard, ManU is done if they loose another game. While I don't completely agree with him, as I feel both Chelsea and 'pool will still drop a couple games this year, you don't want to be scrambling from behind trying to make up points. With it being at 8 points now, even with the game in hand, you don't want the lead to grow to double digits. After that it will get really difficult.

I thought of adding Owen after his string of goals in September, but stuck with Defoe. I'm glad I stuck with him. Although I wish I went with my gut and added Crouch instead. I think he's had like 4 or 5 goal and a couple assists since I wanted to add him.

Keane probably won't ever see a spot on my squad. I see being the type of player that will score 4 goals and add a couple assists in 2 or 3 games then go completely silent for the next 5 or 6. In the end he could pry be a good fantasy value, but I would always be adding him tight as he's about to go cold and then dropping him right before he gets hot again. I'm too impatient. I also see helping Torres score more than Torres helping him find the net. I don't know exactly why, but that is just the way I see it.

Also, will both you and St. Louis Stu keep dropping player right before they have big games. Its the only way anyone has a shot at closing the gap with you, and Stu is making me very nervous.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-11-2008, 07:14 PM
From this point on, I will not drop any player.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-12-2008, 07:12 AM
apparently liverpool has the possibility of being forced to sell all of its star players to pay for the debt owed...:fl:fl

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=591596&sec=england&cc=5901
I don't want some rich oil man to buy every great player on earth, I want someone who will own the club, give it money when needed, and just sit back and watch... we'll see what happens.

Premier League takeover broker Keith Harris believes Liverpool could go into financial meltdown in January and might be forced to sell up.

Anfield: Might be in financial trouble

Harris, who has masterminded deals for Chelsea, Aston Villa, Hull City, West Ham United and Manchester City and is currently seeking buyers for Newcastle United and Everton, claims that the Reds could be severely affected by the global credit crunch.

Bickering Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have two months to pay back a reported £350million worth of debt and with refinancing packages and new financial stakeholders getting harder and harder to find the Merseyside club might have to offload star players to pay off the debt.

The worse case scenario would be for the banks to consider repossessing the club if the payments cannot be met.

"The one that worries me is Liverpool," said Harris. "Liverpool's debt is due in January, with maybe a six-month extension."

"The two banks which are the principal lenders - the Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia - are two of those that have suffered. Whether they want to lend it again or not, they may not be able to."

Harris, chairman of Seymour Pierce investment bank and a former Football League chairman, has also admitted that Everton and Newcastle are no closer to finding a buyer.

"It has never been more difficult to find buyers," explained Harris.

"It's no longer a question of price negotiation - it's should we? People are wondering if now is the time to spend."

Los Angeles Galaxy owner Philip Anschutz was linked by a number of newspapers with a possible bid for Newcastle as part of a US consortia but the owner of AEG denied the reports on Wednesday.

"Neither AEG nor anyone affiliated with the organisation are in negotiations or are contemplating the purchase of Newcastle United Football Club," the billionaire said in a statement.

pnoon
11-12-2008, 07:33 AM
That is some scary $hit.

aldukes
11-12-2008, 07:51 AM
I should buy Pool and pull a "Major League"

funnymantrip
11-12-2008, 08:28 AM
I should buy Pool and pull a "Major League"

You need a partner, I am in. I've got 2 strikers on my Adult League who would fit right into the starting 11.

aldukes
11-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Robby Keane will be moved to the "Seniors" Team.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-12-2008, 09:29 AM
I hate both of you.

funnymantrip
11-12-2008, 03:14 PM
I hate both of you.

And you are not going to make these jokes when somebody comes and asks the Glazers for repayment on the one billion dollars he borrowed to buy United.

Is it me or does it seem that buying a team now is a lot like flipping a house. Borrow as much finanicing as you can. Knowing the team will make X and you would have enough to repay the payments and keep a little on top of that.

I am sure we pull our resources and credit scores we can get somebody to loan us the 100% financing to buy Luton Town.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-13-2008, 05:49 AM
yes but thats not the point... thats manchester United... this is Liverpool. ;):rolleyes:

Jdbwolverines
11-13-2008, 10:11 AM
There was kind of an interesting article on ESPN about the downfall of the FA Cup since the 1999-2000 tournament when ManU withdrew from the competition to play in the FIFA Club World Cup.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=589335&sec=england&root=england&cc=5901

theycallmedan'lboone
11-13-2008, 10:54 AM
int-er-es-tin'.... well after the dismal 2nd team showing against spurs hopefully pool straightens up this weekend...

Don Fernando
11-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Van Nistelrooy out for 6 to 9 months due to a knee injury.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-13-2008, 11:37 AM
I just read that, that blows.

Jdbwolverines
11-13-2008, 12:23 PM
int-er-es-tin'.... well after the dismal 2nd team showing against spurs hopefully pool straightens up this weekend...

I still think our second team loosing to the spurs is better than Chelsea loosing to Burnley with a number of their starters playing. It doesn't matter anyways, its just the Carling cup.

funnymantrip
11-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Van Nistelrooy out for 6 to 9 months due to a knee injury.

That's his 2nd knee problem too. He blew one out totally at PSV before going to United.

Don Fernando
11-13-2008, 01:15 PM
he blew his knee 2 times in a row at PSV

aldukes
11-13-2008, 01:47 PM
still no excuse for being offside 45 times a game.

Don Fernando
11-13-2008, 02:02 PM
or being a prick who played for psv. I'm not a fan.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-14-2008, 08:04 AM
haven't all his knee problems been on the same knee?

aldukes
11-14-2008, 08:16 AM
he must have knee-monia! :r:r:r

theycallmedan'lboone
11-14-2008, 08:20 AM
THAT WAS BAD!!!!!!!!:r:r

theycallmedan'lboone
11-14-2008, 08:30 AM
just a side note for all the folks that have alvaro arbeloa in their squads... he's suspended for tomorrows match, sub him.

ME thinks that the "respect campaign" is on the verge of collapsing...

theycallmedan'lboone
11-15-2008, 07:00 AM
You want me to tell you who a bad man is? Daniel Agger. Liverpool bit the bullet and as D.Agger is going back he gets kicked in mouth... LOSES A TOOTH ... PICKS IT UP AND HANDS IT TO A PHYSIO AND GETS BACK IN THE GAME! thats awesome!

Jason
11-15-2008, 09:08 AM
no bad men today hold a candle to Vinnie Jones, that whole 'dons team were nails

http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/Los_Angeles_HS/lahighsoccer/_notes/gazza.jpg

edit: hahah, just noticed it's Vinnie and the orrible cvnt together again <--^^

aldukes
11-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Arsenal? :D

Jason
11-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Arsenal? :D

hammered by the usurpers for their top 4 spot :r

theycallmedan'lboone
11-15-2008, 01:01 PM
is that really vinny jones?

Don Fernando
11-15-2008, 01:06 PM
yes it is, that is one of his more famous fouls.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Nice!

theycallmedan'lboone
11-17-2008, 08:53 PM
for your viewing pleasure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EtGOuBPdtg)

funnymantrip
11-18-2008, 09:40 AM
short one...hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XuEGHHoZGM

theycallmedan'lboone
11-18-2008, 07:55 PM
never thought of this.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gi98iEziKQ&feature=related)

Jason
11-19-2008, 10:12 AM
never thought of this.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gi98iEziKQ&feature=related)

Couple of players from Arsenal tried this same penalty a few years back and muffed it completely. Pires and Henry if memory serves. It was funny.

aldukes
11-19-2008, 10:20 AM
This is my favorite of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eawlZjqho4w

Jason
11-19-2008, 11:55 AM
This is my favorite of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eawlZjqho4w

Baresi missed one in that series as well. The 2 guys that drug them to that final (debatable) absolutely fooked it in the end. Irony.

I'm beginning to think this place is full of Italian haters :fu

theycallmedan'lboone
11-19-2008, 11:59 AM
**Fantasy and Injury update**

1 fantasy1 Dan'lboone 482
2 Jdbwolverines Jdbwolverines 427
3 Heritage St. Lou Stu 406
4 SOS FC yayson 396
5 Lakeland Wednesday T. Tripoli 381
6 CS Scousers P NOON 380
7 aldukes aldukes 362
8 Buckeye's Bashers reggiebuckeye 341
9 Leeds Ga. Aracos 313
10 Trudy Tours TTOURS 261

Pnoon continued his storied fall (quit watching arsenal damnit) from the top 3 down to # 6 with St Lou Stu, Jason and T.Tripoli in front of him. The dynamic duo of JDB and Dan'lboone hold down spots 2 and 1 respectively.

So far in November Aldukes and St Lou Stu lead the scoring with 111 and 117 points... so far.

My 55 point lead is shrinking... William Gallas continues to lose points starting 6 times with my squad and allowing 10 goals... scoring 1 and having 2 cautions. he's getting dropped.. (which means he'll probably score, have a clean sheet etc.. I guess I'm going to have to start scoring some points... come on TORRES! I know that if I pick up Kuyt he'll stop scoring.

Drogba picked up a 3 match ban for hurling a coin back at the burnley fans..
Young Star Theo Walcott, poor bastard, dislocated his shoulder in training for the England Squad.

******************Injury updates********************************
Chelsea 9 F Lampard Rib Injury 22nd Nov 08
P Cech Thigh Muscle Strain 22nd Nov 08
F Di Santo Hamstring Injury 14th Dec 08
Alex Thigh Muscle Strain 6th Dec 08
J Belletti Ankle/Foot Injury 22nd Nov 08
A Cole Calf Muscle Strain 22nd Nov 08
R Carvalho Thigh Muscle Strain 22nd Nov 08
J Cole Ankle/Foot Injury 22nd Nov 08
Newcastle United 7 J Barton MCL Knee Ligament Injury 17th Jan 09
Xisco Groin Strain 22nd Nov 08
S Taylor Groin Strain 22nd Nov 08
I Gonzalez Achilles Tendinopathy Mar 09
W Ngo Baheng ACL Knee Injury 1st Jan 09
M Viduka Achilles Tendinopathy 28th Nov 08
Manchester United 6 D Fletcher Knee Injury no return date
R Ferdinand Back Injury 22nd Nov 08
W Rooney Virus 22nd Nov 08
W Brown Sprained Ankle 22nd Nov 08
O Hargreaves Jumpers Knee May 09
West Ham United 6 D Tristan Ankle/Foot Injury 23rd Nov 08
M Noble Calf Muscle Strain 23rd Nov 08
D Ashton Os Trigonum Syndrome 3rd Jan 09
K Dyer Broken Leg 3rd Jan 09
Arsenal 5 B Sagna Ankle/Foot Injury 13th Dec 08
T Walcott Dislocated Shoulder Feb 09
E Eboue Knee Injury 21st Nov 08
E Da Silva Broken Leg 22nd Nov 08
T Rosicky Hamstring Injury 10th Jan 09
Manchester City 5 D Sturridge Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
J Hart Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
M Petrov Knee Injury Feb 09
M Johnson Groin Strain 5th Dec 08
Sunderland 5 M Waghorn Sprained Ankle 6th Dec 08
G McCartney Ankle/Foot Injury 23rd Nov 08
D Connolly Groin/Pelvis Injury 13th Dec 08
C Gordon Sprained Ankle 23rd Nov 08
D Ward Back Injury 23rd Nov 08
Blackburn Rovers 4 B Emerton Hamstring Injury 13th Dec 08
S Reid Knee Injury Jun 09
V Grella Hamstring Injury 13th Dec 08
Fulham 4 F Stoor Flu 22nd Nov 08
K Seol Knee Injury no return date
Andranik Knee Injury Jan 09
D Kamara Knee Injury 1st Jan 09
Middlesbrough 4 M Shawky Thigh Muscle Strain 6th Dec 08
Mido Hamstring Injury 28th Nov 08
R Huth Ankle/Foot Injury 22nd Nov 08
R Williams LCL Knee Ligament Injury 17th Jan 09
Portsmouth 4 L Diarra Sprained Ankle 22nd Nov 08
S Campbell Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
J Utaka Virus 22nd Nov 08
G Little Hamstring Injury 22nd Nov 08
Hull City 3 A Dawson Ankle/Foot Injury 22nd Nov 08
A Gardner Thigh Muscle Strain 22nd Nov 08
C Fagan Broken Leg 13th Dec 08
Liverpool 3 S Gerrard Thigh Muscle Strain 26th Nov 08
P Degen Metatarsal Fracture 26th Dec 08
Tottenham Hotspur 3 L Modric Thigh Muscle Strain 8th Dec 08
G Dos Santos Sprained Ankle no return date
Gilberto MCL Knee Ligament Injury 23rd Nov 08
West Bromwich Albion 3 L Barnett Cartilage Knee Injury 22nd Nov 08
D Kim Knee Injury 21st Dec 08
Wigan Athletic 3 A Zaki Virus 24th Nov 08
E Heskey Calf Muscle Strain 24th Nov 08
E Edman ACL Knee Injury 29th Nov 08
Everton 2 N Valente Knee Injury 30th Nov 08
L Jacobsen Dislocated Shoulder 22nd Dec 08
L Lawrence Sprained Ankle 29th Nov 08
Bolton Wanderers 1 R Vaz Te Knee Injury Jun 09

pnoon
11-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Pnoon continued his storied fall (quit watching arsenal damnit) from the top 3 down to # 6 with St Lou Stu, Jason and T.Tripoli in front of him.

At this rate, I'll finish 11th. :D

funnymantrip
11-19-2008, 12:37 PM

I think someone would be punched in the brain if they tried that.

aldukes
11-19-2008, 01:51 PM
England 1 Germany 0 at half. Pretty entertaining first half actually, England is playing very hard.

In other news my club team will earn its first 3 points of the season tonight, because the other team won't play in the cold.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-19-2008, 04:17 PM
good luck with that whole cold thing...

germany 1 - england 2 courtesy of a John terry winner

I'm watching a replay of the Italy-Greece match... reminds me why I hate the italians all the nonsensical blah blah ing.Howard Webb gives nothing. I like him. Even the Italian Snarl-er gattuso I don't like.

Jason
11-20-2008, 08:38 AM
US looked damn good last night vs Guatemala for a "Second side" against a team desperate for a win.

Some great fast paced pinging combos through the back line of Guatemala. Had the feeling they should have scored a lot more but they looked really sharp. Does Sacha Kljestan ever do anything wrong in the USMNT jersey?

aldukes
11-20-2008, 08:54 AM
the move that JOZY made before that cross was fantastic. Sure, he missed 2 wide open nets, but he's the most exciting player to ever put on a US jersey.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-20-2008, 09:14 AM
That big guy number 9? um he wasn't too bad. I thought the US played OK. Sacha.. yep. He's good. Freddy Adu, he did ok had some good runs, his 50 yard run/ shot was really nice. free kick goal, was a goal, but not the nicest, Sacha K had a big hand in that as the keeper bit on his "run over the ball"

Arsenal... are done.

aldukes
11-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Donovan's loan to Bayren Munich is through: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=594415&sec=europe&cc=5901

this quote sums it all up:

And Bayern manager Uli Hoeness has been impressed with what he has seen so far. "What he has shown so far is okay, he can certainly kick," said Hoeness.

Jason
11-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Donovan's loan to Bayren Munich is through: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=594415&sec=europe&cc=5901

this quote sums it all up:

And Bayern manager Uli Hoeness has been impressed with what he has seen so far. "What he has shown so far is okay, he can certainly kick," said Hoeness.

I was chatting with a German friend at length this morning about this. I think we wrote a better article between us. He certainly can kick? Like he's a mule :D

As a German side note I'm proud to report some outstanding behavior of some Bremen fans in dealing with some neo-Nazis at the Bremen/Bochum match last week. The Nazis unfurled a banner with their politiks on it and the crown turned on em with Nazis Raus! and got the cops to haul them off. They taunted them all the way off with the auf Wiedersehen, awesome :D

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bremen+bochum+nazis

Lumpold
11-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Oh man, the Premiership Respect Campaign.... how are you supposed to have respect for refs when they couldn't officiate a sunday league game, let alone a top flight one. If they didn't make multiple bad calls in one match, I could get behind the campaign, but when they screw up each and every game with awful decision,,,,

theycallmedan'lboone
11-20-2008, 01:03 PM
lump glad to have another football fan around! The respect campaign. well I guess what they wanted to try to happen is for the players to respect the fact that they are human, but it seems they make too many mistakes.

do you have a team in particular?

Lumpold
11-20-2008, 02:27 PM
See your avatar!

aldukes
11-20-2008, 02:28 PM
oh god. :bh

funnymantrip
11-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Not another one.

pnoon
11-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Not another one.

:D

Jason
11-20-2008, 02:44 PM
glory hunting bandwaggoners!

Lumpold
11-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Who do you support?

Jason
11-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Who do you support?

AC Milan. I don't have to hunt glory, it finds me :D

funnymantrip
11-20-2008, 08:23 PM
United.

hotreds
11-20-2008, 08:43 PM
http://www.wearyourbeer.com/images/Juventus_Oval_Logo_Black_Shirt.jpg

Jdbwolverines
11-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Not another one.

:fu We are slowly but surely taking this place over.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-21-2008, 09:36 AM

:pu :pu :pu I can take Manchester United over AC Milan.

Speaking of Liverpool over AC Milan look we have a Steven Gerrard Smily-->:wnr

YNWA

aldukes
11-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Manchester United :wnr

Heard it here first folks- Boone is a ManU fan!!

theycallmedan'lboone
11-21-2008, 10:20 AM
If Manchester United were to play AC milan. I would absolutely want Man U to win. As long as the Italians lose... I think you're confusing my feelings of Hatred towards the Italians as liking of Man U... dis-pick-a-ble.

funnymantrip
11-21-2008, 10:23 AM
When Chelsea play Lpool I hope a hole opens up on the pitch and swallows both teams. But if I doesn't and I don't get my Draw I guess I would hope the Lpool wins. That in no way makes me a Lpool fan.

pnoon
11-21-2008, 10:25 AM
If Manchester United were to play AC milan. I would absolutely want Man U to win. As long as the Italians lose... I think you're confusing my feelings of Hatred towards the Italians as liking of Man U... dis-pick-a-ble.

:tpd:
Not only do you see Christiano Ronaldo-like diving in Serie A but you also get the fish-out-of-water flopping around. You'd swear the players have gills.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-21-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm really a fan of the sniper analogy...

pnoon
11-21-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm really a fan of the sniper analogy...

I've heard that one, too. But when I sniper hits, the victim is dead and usually motionless. Have you ever seen a sniper shoot a victim and said victim flop around for minutes? :D

theycallmedan'lboone
11-21-2008, 11:49 AM
rarely.
but it's the flop around.. flop some more... scream... get carried off... come back on with a slight "limp" then run like it's the start of the match that I despise....
when Gattusso had the ball taken off of his foot by brian McBride in WC 2006 and dropped to the ground and grabbed the WRONG FOOT, I decided I hated him. The dive against the Soccerroos in the same WC made me hate them even more.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
William Gallas lost his armband and was dropped from the team for Saturday...

William Gallas has been stripped of the Arsenal captaincy and will not play against Manchester City, according to Sky Sports News sources.

The move comes after Gallas spoke of unrest in the Arsenal camp on Thursday, including details of a bust-up during half-time in the recent 4-4 draw with Tottenham.

A number of former players have been quick to criticise Gallas for the outburst and it now appears as though Arsene Wenger has acted quickly to discipline the Frenchman.

It is understood that Gallas, who was handed the armband at the start of last season, will not travel with the rest of the squad ahead of Saturday's game at Man City.

The latest development raises doubts about Gallas' future with the club, just two years after he joined the Gunners from Chelsea.

Arsenal have yet to confirm the news but reports suggest that goalkeeper Manuel Almunia will lead out the side against City.

Lumpold
11-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Haha, We might not have won a Premier League in 18 years, but at least we don't buy them! And you only won that last ECC cos you bought off the judges too, reducing your points deduction so you could still qualify. :r (This is mainly a joke, and I'm not about to get involved in another serie a fixing scandal/Berlusconi argument, but you may well have bought glory through bribes, sunshine!)
United.
Oh well. More power to ya.
http://www.wearyourbeer.com/images/Juventus_Oval_Logo_Black_Shirt.jpg
At least you guys returned to Serie A in honourable style, no matter how you left it.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-21-2008, 01:35 PM
pnoon, pnoon!?! please can we keep him?

Jason
11-21-2008, 02:08 PM
ah youth... Peter, what's you're excuse? :D

I knew Gallas screwed the pooch when I heard of his comments, Wenger has probably been looking for a reason to drum him out

theycallmedan'lboone
11-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Gallas has been dropped from my squad.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Liverpool and Fulham. Fulham have never won at Anfield and have 1 point away so far this year. Torres is in Gerrard is out. It's cold here in Alabama not enjoying being out of my bed... Liverpool, YNWA. OH and I have a new buddy. Lab mix name is Jamie Carragher. ;-) She even has his high pitched voice.. haven't seen her tackle yet, but I have hope. looking forward to the Keane Torres Partnership today!

Jason
11-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Liverpool and Fulham. Fulham have never won at Anfield and have 1 point away so far this year. Torres is in Gerrard is out. It's cold here in Alabama not enjoying being out of my bed... Liverpool, YNWA. OH and I have a new buddy. Lab mix name is Jamie Carragher. ;-) She even has his high pitched voice.. haven't seen her tackle yet, but I have hope. looking forward to the Keane Torres Partnership today!

big games disappointed all day, none of the "big four" scored a goal in England and Inter got over on Juve. Meh.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-22-2008, 07:15 PM
rough day for the big 4.

Lumpold
11-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Well, at least we didn't lose.

On the bright side of life, most tabloids he reckon Man City will make a bid for Chelsea's Wayne Bridge, and the Ramon Abromovich will block the sale as revenge for City's poaching of Robinho. Except for one, who reckon City are preparing a £60m ($90m) bid for John Terry. Tabloid newspapers - at least one remembered that they're just a joke!

funnymantrip
11-23-2008, 10:55 AM
For 60M pounds I hope you get the John Terry model that can make Penalty Kicks :ss

theycallmedan'lboone
11-23-2008, 12:02 PM
For 60M pounds I hope you get the John Terry model that can make Penalty Kicks :ss

:r:r:r RIOT!

aldukes
11-24-2008, 07:52 AM
I recently found out that GolTV now broadcasts via Time Warner- got to watch some La Liga this weekend- Getafe put up a great fight with Barca.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-24-2008, 09:43 AM
none of my starting 11 scored this weekend.. :-( my total was 518... table isn't ready yet, but my lead is probably pretty slim.

Jason
11-24-2008, 09:50 AM
I recently found out that GolTV now broadcasts via Time Warner- got to watch some La Liga this weekend- Getafe put up a great fight with Barca.

I just signed the GolTV back to Dish Network petition online, thanks for the reminder

I miss the weekly LaLiga and Serie A dedicated highlight shows and matches. They have a ton of really good Argentine games as well

Parshooter
11-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Wahoo, Columbus Crew :D:tu

Jason
11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Wahoo, Columbus Crew :D:tu

Hell yea!

I feel terrible about MLS, in 94 I was ready and the 2 year wait for it was excruciating. Now I hardly ever watch it.

I will redouble my efforts next season. I promise :D

aldukes
11-24-2008, 10:21 AM
I may or may not have forgotten about this game.

Flatsix
11-24-2008, 11:07 AM

Brutal!:r

Jdbwolverines
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
So earlier in the week I switched Crouch for Defoe on my team with Defoe most likely to have surgery on his calf. For some reason though I put him on the bench and in a weekend of relatively little scoring, he finds the back of the net. Why do I do these things to myself.

pnoon
11-24-2008, 11:20 AM
I think it was a bad week for everybody.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Wigan is beating Everton, Podolski wants to leave Bayern... (sigh... I wish Liverpool would sign him, play 3 strikers...) there was an MLS game? Speaking of United States soccer, did anyone watch the beating of Guatemala? My GOD the commentators DROVE ME INSANE!

aldukes
11-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Any chance JOZY will get some time against ManU?

theycallmedan'lboone
11-24-2008, 04:44 PM
maybe the last minute run out... doubt it.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Position Team Name Manager Score Info
1 fantasy1 Dan'lboone 518
2 Jdbwolverines Jdbwolverines 468
3 Heritage St. Lou Stu 444
4 SOS FC yayson 441
5 CS Scousers P NOON 411
6 Lakeland Wednesday T. Tripoli 406
7 aldukes aldukes 395
8 Buckeye's Bashers reggiebuckeye 374
9 Leeds Ga. Aracos 345
10 Trudy Tours TTOURS 285

funnymantrip
11-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Any chance JOZY will get some time against ManU?

I don't think Jozy is on the CL roster.. I would love to see him though.

aldukes
11-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Villareal squad for today:

Goalkeepers: Diego López and Viera.
Defenders: Javi Venta, Ángel, Gonzalo, Fuentes, Cygan and Capdevila.
Midfield: Marcos Senna, Edmilson, Bruno, Cazorla, Eguren, Ibagaza, Pires and Mati Fernández.
Forwards: Guille Franco and Rossi.

Lumpold
11-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Podolski wants to leave Bayern... (sigh... I wish Liverpool would sign him, play 3 strikers...)
I'd rather have Sergio 'Kun' Aguero. Hell, give Micheal Owen an adamantium skeleton and I'll take him!

theycallmedan'lboone
11-25-2008, 09:20 AM
haha adamantium... riot.. Aguero is certainly a very good striker... I just remember the possibility of Poldolski from the summer transfer...
Jozy has a lot of work to do to make the starting squad for Villareal.

Lumpold
11-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think Podolski is a great player, just whether he'd slot into the squad where we'd need him, we've got Voronin, and he and Podolski (IMO) are similar - whether he's better or not is a different question. Maybe we should give N'gog and Nemeth a chance, N'gog looks promising, and seems to get in the positions our other strikers can't.

Despite Mr Owen's seemingly cardboard skeleton, he's still the most prolific English footballer at this time - on average, scoring 1 goal every 2 games over his entire career. Including Spain. 398 total league and cup club appearances, 200 goals.

Jason
11-25-2008, 10:52 PM
anybody gonna be rockin the pink boots (http://www.youtube.com/v/oMPwBTl8gGE)?

Only Ribery could make these look less than girly, good choice

theycallmedan'lboone
11-26-2008, 05:57 AM
anybody gonna be rockin the pink boots (http://www.youtube.com/v/oMPwBTl8gGE)?

Only Ribery could make these look less than girly, good choice

Ribery is awesome... too bad he's French. I can't really see him with the pink though, weird.