Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Milvel
My nizzles be skizzling.

First Name: Chris
Trading: (8)
Milvel will become famous soon enough
Default Partagas 150

Hi new friends!

Has anyone had a partagas 150 from Cigar.com? I'd love to order from then but I'm hesitant about authenticity since the price seems kinda low compared to every other place I've found then. Any thoughts?
Milvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation
Default Re: Partagas 150

They are very reputable. As long as you're willing to spend that amount, I wouldn't worry about ordering from them. Ofc if you really are interested in some, I'm sure some members from here could offer you some for much less than their price, wink wink.
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
Milvel
My nizzles be skizzling.

They are my father's favorite smoke of all time so I don't mind the price if that's what i have to pay and its the real deal. I also didn't want to hop on a new forum trying to buy/sell without peeps knowing who I am first. That's not to say I wouldn't be down at some point to buy or trade with you fine people!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Are they the same as the 150 Anniversary that came out in like 1995?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Milvel
My nizzles be skizzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Are they the same as the 150 Anniversary that came out in like 1995?
The ones on Cigar.com say they are from 1995, yes.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milvel View Post
The ones on Cigar.com say they are from 1995, yes.
What are you expectations?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
Milvel
My nizzles be skizzling.

Quote:
What are you expectations?
To not be buying a knock-off.

The last place I found these cigars they wanted $100 a piece and the very next day they were sold out..Now I find a site that has them but they only want $65 a stick (Which is great news for me if they are legit).

The reason I'm worried: The same site offers Opus X A's for $70 a stick NEW. If that's the case why wouldn't a legit Partagas 150 sell for more than $65?

Maybe I'm over analyzing the situation, but since this is all online and not in a B&M store I can't help but think something is a tad off.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

100% legit dealer. There is no way they would risk their reputation to sell a few fakes. If these meet your price parameters, I would not hesitate to try a few and see if your dad likes them.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
To not be buying a knock-off.

The last place I found these cigars they wanted $100 a piece and the very next day they were sold out..Now I find a site that has them but they only want $65 a stick (Which is great news for me if they are legit).

The reason I'm worried: The same site offers Opus X A's for $70 a stick NEW. If that's the case why wouldn't a legit Partagas 150 sell for more than $65?

Maybe I'm over analyzing the situation, but since this is all online and not in a B&M store I can't help but think something is a tad off.

Cigar.com is completely legit. IIRC, their Opus X prices are higher because they aren't an Opus X account and can't buy direct from Fuente, so they have to get them from other vendors who are.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #10
Milvel
My nizzles be skizzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
100% legit dealer. There is no way they would risk their reputation to sell a few fakes. If these meet your price parameters, I would not hesitate to try a few and see if your dad likes them.
I just ordered 4... Here's hoping they are as amazing as he remembers!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #11
Milvel
My nizzles be skizzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Cigar.com is completely legit. IIRC, their Opus X prices are higher because they aren't an Opus X account, so they have to get them from other vendors who are.
Good to know, thanks!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:35 AM   #12
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Please let us know what he thinks. That's quite an old for an NC Partagas.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #13
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
I just ordered 4... Here's hoping they are as amazing as he remembers!
The Partagas 150 was an amazing smoke in the day. Remember, an aged cigar, especially one almost 20 years old, will not be the same as what he remembers.

Just smoked a couple cigars I put away when my son was born, kept them till his 18th birthday. They were incredibly good. They were not what they were however. They were smoother and some of the distinctive flavors were muted. It was like the competing flavors had learned to play well together. They were however more complex than they had been, in a very subtle way.

I would loved to have been able to go back in time and smoke one of them fresh as well as the aged one.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #14
Milvel
My nizzles be skizzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
The Partagas 150 was an amazing smoke in the day. Remember, an aged cigar, especially one almost 20 years old, will not be the same as what he remembers.

Just smoked a couple cigars I put away when my son was born, kept them till his 18th birthday. They were incredibly good. They were not what they were however. They were smoother and some of the distinctive flavors were muted. It was like the competing flavors had learned to play well together. They were however more complex than they had been, in a very subtle way.

I would loved to have been able to go back in time and smoke one of them fresh as well as the aged one.
I learn something new everyday! Thank you for the quality info! I never stopped to think how different a 20yr old cigar would taste compared to its own fresh version.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #15
Milvel
My nizzles be skizzling.

Quote:
Please let us know what he thinks. That's quite an old for an NC Partagas.

May I ask what."NC" means here? I've seen it in several posts as well as "HERF" and both have me confused.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #16
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
May I ask what."NC" means here? I've seen it in several posts as well as "HERF" and both have me confused.
NC meand Non-Cuban
Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #17
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
I learn something new everyday! Thank you for the quality info! I never stopped to think how different a 20yr old cigar would taste compared to its own fresh version.
By the way, I loved the Partagas 150s fresh. I wish I would have purchased more of them and maybe even saved a couple - I didn't. And, at $65 a cigar, as much as I am curious, I am not going to splurge that much coin to find out.

I am curious to see what your father thinks. Hopefully you will update us with his thoughts.

Herf = gathering together for fellowship and cigars. Don't know where it came from, but that is the meaning of it as we have come to know it.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #18
Milvel
My nizzles be skizzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
By the way, I loved the Partagas 150s fresh. I wish I would have purchased more of them and maybe even saved a couple - I didn't. And, at $65 a cigar, as much as I am curious, I am not going to splurge that much coin to find out.

I am curious to see what your father thinks. Hopefully you will update us with his thoughts.

Herf = gathering together for fellowship and cigars. Don't know where it came from, but that is the meaning of it as we have come to know it.
I will let you know how it goes in October when we smoke them! Also, I purchased four so if your curiosity gets the best of you, and it's allowed here, we could work a trade of one!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #19
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
I will let you know how it goes in October when we smoke them! Also, I purchased four so if your curiosity gets the best of you, and it's allowed here, we could work a trade of one!
Trading is allowed here.

Access to the WTS/WTT sub-forums are automatically granted after a brief period of time and participation. What happens via private messages (PMs) is your own doing.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
Milvel
My nizzles be skizzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Trading is allowed here.

Access to the WTS/WTT sub-forums are automatically granted after a brief period of time and participation. What happens via private messages (PMs) is your own doing.
Coolio.