Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 06-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #1721
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

i love eggplant lasagna, the way i make it I basically layer eggplant with ground beef or chicken and lots of tomato sauce and cheese and bake it, nom nom nom
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #1722
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

That's kinda my plan, just need to put it all together. I hope I have enough sauce.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #1723
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

I've been reading The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. The book looks at nutrition from the viewpoint that people did not evolve to eat grains, how how a diet high in grains and processed foods wreck havoc on out blood sugar, and that is what causes huge huge appetites and crashes from increased insulin in the blood. The author recommends consuming between 50-100 grams of carbohydrates from fruit and vegetables for fat loss, and 100-150 for maintaining body weight.

I've been following these guidelines pretty closely and have seen some pretty impressive results in the last 2 weeks.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #1724
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I'll have to look at the library for that book Derrick. Myself, I"m taking in about 100-120 grams per day and losing weight. I just made the mushroom burger Scott posted a couple of days ago. Modified the recipe a bit to lower the carb level, turned out pretty good. I don't think I needed both eggs though. Still a very wet mix, but I can fix it for next time.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #1725
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

he's got a blog too. MarksDailyApple.com If you sign up for the newsletter you get a free .pdf cookbook which seams like it's got a lot of good stuff in it.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #1726
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Nice work Jeff. Keep it going. Gotta love free yogurt. I eat that almost every weekday for breakfast, along with some fruit and maybe a english muffin with some creamcheese.
I work nights, so my routine's a little backwards. When I get home in the morning, I hit the Wii Fit for about a half-hour, then have a cup of yogurt for dinner before I crash for the day. My "breakfast" is dinner, and I've been scaling back my portions.
I've found that I have to eat something at work or my weight will actually go up, so I make sure to bring something like a Clif Bar to snack on during my lunch break. I also bring a couple of Gatorade bottles of ice water to reduce the temptation to grab a soda from the vending machine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #1727
ashtonlady
The Lady is Here

First Name: Laura
Trading: (8)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ashtonlady will become famous soon enoughashtonlady will become famous soon enough

Ok, I am still here. Not doing so well, gained back the 2 lbs I lost. But I am keep my promise to eat breakfast when I get up. I also got my bike out and have ridden 3 out of 4 days. I found Runkeeper, so far I really like it.
ashtonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #1728
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Runkeeper is a great app. It's what I use too. Very simple to use and I like how it runs in the background so you can use other apps, change music, etc.

Don't get discouraged Laura. Just keep with the exercise and watch what you eat. In no time you'll start seeing it drop off.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #1729
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Another 3.3 lbs according to Wii Fit Plus. I worked last night in a department with me and another guy watching 6 machines. They weren't behaving, so I was on the run all night. Just finished my workout, time for a shower, yogurt, and bed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #1730
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Good to see more and more people in here.
After a dissapointing last week, it looks like this week I'm back down to anyone wanna take a wild guess?

The first three days this week, I ate poorly but as the week advanced I slowly started eating better. I've been sick with the crud all weekend, so I pretty much laid up and watched movies. No exercise, but plenty of rest.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #1731
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Nice job Jeff and Andy. Hope you feel better soon Andy.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #1732
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, Bob.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #1733
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Still at 203.6. I started taking laxatives yesterday so I can hopefully poop someday soon. That should bring me down to around 175.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #1734
Sean9689
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
Sean9689 is on a distinguished road

In a little over a year, I've managed to drop 70lbs (290 to 220) while losing 14% body fat (34% to 20%). Eating about 2000 cals per day (with one cheat day per week), working out 7 days a week (5 days of cardio, 2 days of core/strength).

After I reached my goal of 220 in March 2011, I started eating 3000 cals (or so) per day and working out 5 days per week (3 with personal trainer for strength and 2 days of cardio). I've managed to gain 3lbs and I've lost 1.4% body fat in 3 months. Also took some measurements in May and will remeasure in July to see how I'm progressing as well.

Hoping to stay around 220(ish) while dropping off some more body fat and gaining muscle over the next year or so, but no real specific goals other then to maintain and enjoy my new look!
Sean9689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #1735
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Awesome, Sean. Keep up the good work, brother!

Insert quote here.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #1736
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Awesome Sean. I'm hoping to do the same thing as well. Unofficial weigh-in this morning of 227.6. I only had ~1300 calories yesterday, although I ate a lot. Mostly veggies though, so lots of volume just not that many calories.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #1737
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

Bolivar

We only had 1 egg left in the carton this morning, so instead of the usual bacon & eggs with spinach and mushrooms I ate the rest of last nights chicken stir fry. I'm in a bad mood I want my bacon.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #1738
ashtonlady
The Lady is Here

First Name: Laura
Trading: (8)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ashtonlady will become famous soon enoughashtonlady will become famous soon enough

SHake for breakfast, Road 2 miles on my bike, and then hydrated and had a banana. Lunch will be something off the taco time fit menu. I dont know what dinner will be yet, besides salad.
ashtonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #1739
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean9689 View Post
In a little over a year, I've managed to drop 70lbs (290 to 220) while losing 14% body fat (34% to 20%). Eating about 2000 cals per day (with one cheat day per week), working out 7 days a week (5 days of cardio, 2 days of core/strength).
I've been doing mostly cardio (with some yoga for warm-up/cool-down), but I've been thinking of throwing some strength into the mix. Did you do two days in a row of strength, or did you space them out?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #1740
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Nice job Andy and Sean
Laura glad to see your back on the horse or in your case the bike