PDA

View Full Version : Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda and Icehog3 II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

swingerofbirches
05-27-2015, 09:36 AM
After the last couple of lifts I've spent 10-15min in the sauna (due to lack of a hot tub) and I feel like it's actually helping me relax and helping my muscles feel a little better.

Any of you guys sauna or hot tub with frequency?

Sancho
05-27-2015, 11:24 AM
Nice lifts Charlie and Huy, get it!

Knee felt wicked again after squating Monday, I suspect I'm going to need some form critiques cause I can't imagine it's supposed to hurt afterwards.

Anyone using knee sleeves?

Charlie, I haven't used the sauna or hot tub post workout but I imagine it should help provided your not dehydrated.

Got in a quick cardio bunny session on lunch, elliptical, oh how Boring it is.

Adriftpanda
05-27-2015, 11:47 AM
I use knee sleeve when I train heavy squats but I don't think I really want to train that heavy again. Your knees are going to hurt eventually, training heavy and frequently on legs takes a toll on your entire body.

I use SBD knee sleeves, they are pricey but well worth it. They are primary use for power lifters.

I use Nike Romaleos and knee sleeves when I squat. What kind of shoes you are squatting in?

No hot tubbing, maybe when I was in college and with girls.

Sancho
05-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the input Huy, I will look them up on the usual suspects.

I'm wearing vibram five fingers for all of my lifting these day. I would go barefoot, but it's frowned on.

swingerofbirches
05-27-2015, 04:34 PM
Front squats (close stance/progressive load/decreasing reps) / shoulders / cardio / sauna :)

icehog3
05-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Howdy Men, Fellow Movers of the Weights.

Incline bench, flat bench, decline bench, flyes. Yeah, I was real creative today...NOT. :r

Not much gas after hockey last night, but I really rocked the declines and ended up almost pumped as a MoFo. :D

swingerofbirches
05-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Good work Tom! Almost is close enough when it comes to MoFo pump! :D

Speaking of hockey ... GO HAWKS!!!

icehog3
05-27-2015, 09:37 PM
Thanks Charlie! Give the Hawks some more love on Saturday for Game 7 please! :D

area51
05-27-2015, 09:46 PM
Light chest, tris and abs today. 265 3x5 225 3x8.

Adriftpanda
05-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Drumsticks today

Front squats 5x6-4
Hack squats 6x10-12
Seated leg curls 7x12 pauses

area51
05-28-2015, 11:01 AM
Deads and Bi's.

335 3x5
355 1x3
375 1x1

Everything will increase 10lbs every week.

As far as Bis I'm now curling 55 3x8 which is cool and preacher curling 110.

Hope everyone has a great workout.

area51
05-28-2015, 11:02 AM
Deads and Bi's.

335 3x5
355 1x3
375 1x1

Everything will increase 10lbs every week.

As far as Bis I'm now curling 55 3x8 which is cool and preacher curling 110.

Hope everyone has a great workout.

swingerofbirches
05-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Good stuff, Ken & Huy! Get it!

Lighter arms day today; lighter all around honestly.

Front squats (wide stance) / arms (super sets) ... cardio will come tonight.

Sancho
05-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Nice work all around!

Chins/dips 2x5
Seated Military press 4x5
ISO chest press 4x10
Supersetted some bi's and tri's at the end

swingerofbirches
05-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Man, my left elbow is NOT happy with me now that I'm done lifting. I'm tempted to take the supplementary lift tomorrow since it's supposed to be light back & chest anyway. I don't wanna do to my left elbow what I did to my right :/

icehog3
05-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Good lifting by all!

Charlie, hope that elbow gets better quickly, sounds like you've got a plan.

Back today, did a cable pre-fatigue routine with super wide puldowns, neutral grip pulldowns and cable rows, then hit the barbell rows heavy....tough after all that cable work first, but good pump. Hockey tonight, so time for food and rest now.

GreekGodX
05-28-2015, 02:14 PM
Chesticles today. Was supposed to do shoulders but ran out of time. Will probably double up tomorrow with back and shoulders.

DB slight decline bench 3x8
Reverse band bench 5x5
Incline bench 3x6
Deficit weighted push-ups 3 sets until failure
A million face pulls (ok only a hundred but it felt like a million)

I listen to barbell shrugged podcast and they recently did an episode about "the window of gainz" aka peri and post workout nutrition. Made me change up a few things. I'm drinking a protein shake with dextrose added starting about 30 min before my workout and finishing it somewhere in the middle. Then within 90 min of finishing eating a meal. Before I was doing shake after the workout which held me over for a couple hours then I got a meal in. So far this way I'm getting more protein and carbs in closer to the end of my workout. Also I am getting more calories because I'm eating an extra snack after the post workout meal.

swingerofbirches
05-28-2015, 05:23 PM
Good lift man! Keep it going!

Funnily enough, I listened to that same podcast last week, Christos. I've switched up a couple of things as well. I used to occasionally do a shake during a loft and BCAAs afterwards but last week and this week I've been doing my shake during and BCAAs after. I've also cut back on my BCAA intake. Previously is just mix up a BCAA drink throughout the day just as something to drink that wasn't water but I've cut that out as well. I'd always made sure to eat a good post workout meal before but I'm just more conscious of my carb intake now that I'm low carb/keto; I just take in the majority of my daily allotment of carbs after my lift.

I've been listening to a lot of their old podcasts while doing cardio and in the sauna afterwards. Some rly good info and cool/interesting guests on there. I was listening to the one about sleep (The One Thing That'll Make You Better At Everything) and it's been excellent!

area51
05-28-2015, 05:26 PM
I use knee sleeve when I train heavy squats but I don't think I really want to train that heavy again. Your knees are going to hurt eventually, training heavy and frequently on legs takes a toll on your entire body.

I use SBD knee sleeves, they are pricey but well worth it. They are primary use for power lifters.

I use Nike Romaleos and knee sleeves when I squat. What kind of shoes you are squatting in?

I personally squat barefoot or in Converse.

swingerofbirches
05-28-2015, 06:16 PM
Did a little trail running tonight. Hot as can be out there! My run turned into interval running at the .75mi mark lol

GreekGodX
05-28-2015, 07:00 PM
I've been listening to a lot of their old podcasts while doing cardio and in the sauna afterwards. Some rly good info and cool/interesting guests on there. I was listening to the one about sleep (The One Thing That'll Make You Better At Everything) and it's been excellent!

The sleep episode was one of my favorites. I wish the podcast was a little less "bro" sometimes. Otherwise a lot of really good information. Some of my other favorites were with Tim Ferriss, Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, Louie Simmons, AJ Roberts, Roop Sihota, Kelly Starret, Jill Miller

I'm in the minimal shoe (new balance with vibrate bottoms) squatting and deadlifting category. I only use my weightlifting shoes for olympic lifts or any standing overhead pressing.

swingerofbirches
05-28-2015, 08:22 PM
lol I hear ya about the "bro" vibe but I can easily put up with it for the quality of the info.

I liked the Mark Divine/Unbeatable Mind episode too. Made me wanna check out that book.

I'm a shoe plebe ... I use a pair of fairly flat bottomed Nike trail runners. I've been tempted to go socks only but my feet are super stinky so I've opted against it LOL

Adriftpanda
05-28-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm more of a low top chucks guy and my Romaleos on skwat days.

Shouldahs today

Seated DB press 5x8
Side delt raise 4x10
Landmine single arm press 5x8-10
Seated front raise 5x8-10
Upright row 4x10

Incline DB curlz for funnsies to end the day 3x6 heavy, 3x8 moderate

How can I forgot, it's National Burger Day. Going to enjoy a couple double doubles from In-n-Out

icehog3
05-28-2015, 10:19 PM
"Barbell Shrugged" is the name of the podcast, Son? I'm gonna have to check that out, sounds like some interesting stuff.

Huy, I didn't even know it was National Burger Day and I had a 1/2 lb sirloin burger after hockey...I'm so trendy!

Tear it up manana, Men! :tu

Adriftpanda
05-28-2015, 11:29 PM
I ate a few...

area51
05-29-2015, 04:56 AM
I'd love to see more numbers guys.
Keep up the great work everyone.

GreekGodX
05-29-2015, 05:23 AM
"Barbell Shrugged" is the name of the podcast, Son? I'm gonna have to check that out, sounds like some interesting stuff.

Huy, I didn't even know it was National Burger Day and I had a 1/2 lb sirloin burger after hockey...I'm so trendy!

Tear it up manana, Men! :tu

That's it, Pops :tu

Sancho
05-29-2015, 10:52 AM
Charlie, I got my vibrams off amazon for 13$ was going to get chucks, but they cost double. They are lime green, very subtle haha. It was about closest I could get to socks after the one trainer read me the riot act for barefoot squatting.

I do wonder if I need a altitude training mask to complete my trendiness.

Good lifts men!

swingerofbirches
05-29-2015, 11:37 AM
I'd love to see more numbers guys.
Keep up the great work everyone.

You looking for anything specific or just more detail regarding everyone's every day lifts? PRs?

swingerofbirches
05-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Charlie, I got my vibrams off amazon for 13$ was going to get chucks, but they cost double. They are lime green, very subtle haha. It was about closest I could get to socks after the one trainer read me the riot act for barefoot squatting.

I do wonder if I need a altitude training mask to complete my trendiness.

Good lifts men!

$13? Wow that's cheap for any pair of shoes. Can't hardly get flip flops for $13 lol

Altitude masks always remind me of the Bane mask from Batman lol
I actually think they have use but just think that most people don't need em. Example: a buddy of mine lives here in Cincinnati but is training to climb Mt Rainier this fall so he uses one when doing hiking and running. Makes sense to me.

area51
05-29-2015, 11:44 AM
You looking for anything specific or just more detail regarding everyone's every day lifts? PRs?

Just to track eachothers progress and keep eachother motivated. By all means post whatever you feel confortable with I just love seeing what people are moving.

swingerofbirches
05-29-2015, 12:39 PM
I gotcha :)
I used to list the weights but stopped when I was doing more pyramid/progressive loading type lifts and just never started back up.

Be forewarned, as I've said before, my upper body is pretty weak so don't expect mind blowing upper body numbers. lol

Today was supposed to be squats & light back/chest, but I tweeked my elbow ytrdy soon ...

Squats (wide stance)
Set 1 - 135x5 (warm up)
Set 2 - 225x5 (warm up)
Set 3 - 315x5
Set 4 - 405x3
Set 5 - 405x1 (failure on second rep)

Chest/Back Superset (light day) x 5
Flat Bench - 135x15 SS w/ Close Grip Anchored Row @ 90 (plus bar?) x 15 (so 5x15 of the SS)

My left elbow started hurting on my last set so I peddled off, like I should have done in the first place.

Saturday & Sunday are squat only days. I'll post up numbers on those too. :)

area51
05-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Loving those squat numbers brother. Good work. What are you using as far as supplements?

swingerofbirches
05-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Loving those squat numbers brother. Good work. What are you using as far as supplements?

Thanks man! Hopefully I'll be able to keep pushing. :)

Supplements are pretty tame ... I'll do 2 scoops of C4 before my lift, a 2 scoop protein shake during my lift and then a BCAA drink afterwards. I'm expiramenting with some Alpha T3 and Forskokin that a buddy gave me but they aren't usually a part of my long term supp routine.
I also take a multi-vitamin and Vitamin D.

What about you?

area51
05-29-2015, 01:08 PM
I've been taking Mr. Hyde lately for pre and Optimum Nutrition Protein and Creatine post. Beyond that just fish oil and a multi vitamin.

swingerofbirches
05-29-2015, 01:12 PM
I've been taking Mr. Hyde lately for pre and Optimum Nutrition Protein and Creatine post. Beyond that just fish oil and a multi vitamin.

I was think of going ONGS for the slight bit of extra fat compared to my current protein, since I'm low carb/keto now.

How u like the Mr Hyde? How does it compare to C4 or other more popular pre-workouts?

I don't take creatine as part of my routine. Granted, there's small amounts in the C4 but less than I'd be taking if it were part of my "stack". I'm tempted to start taking it once the fall hits as I'm more interested in losing fat this summer and it's pretty dang hard to bulk muscle and lose fat. :/ :)

area51
05-29-2015, 01:15 PM
I've never tried meth but I feel like this comes pretty close to it. It also has a thermogenic component in it so you sweat bullets. Needless to say it's a lot more powerful than C4. Give it a try.

Creatine is a must, I tell everyone I train that. It's cheap and it works. ON has capsules of it, 2 a day and you're set.

Adriftpanda
05-29-2015, 01:36 PM
You guys missed out on the good old days of 1,3 dma.

The pwo now are not nearly as "strong" as they use to be. I would'nt say it's technically better because everyone has preference on what the like to take, but as far as that "cracked out" feeling, pwos now are poo.

I trained without pwo a few times this week.

Here are my numbers from yesterday's dinner. :)

Fries - 395 calories, 18/54/7
2 double doubles - 1340 calories, 82/78/74

I was health conscious and had a coke zero

GreekGodX
05-29-2015, 02:58 PM
You guys missed out on the good old days of 1,3 dma.

The pwo now are not nearly as "strong" as they use to be. I would'nt say it's technically better because everyone has preference on what the like to take, but as far as that "cracked out" feeling, pwos now are poo.

I trained without pwo a few times this week.

Here are my numbers from yesterday's dinner. :)

Fries - 395 calories, 18/54/7
2 double doubles - 1340 calories, 82/78/74

I was health conscious and had a coke zero

I still have a bottle of the old formula Jack3d. I love taking that once in a while for that old feeling :) I haven't taken a pre workout in a while maybe I should have a couple scoops tomorrow :D

Adriftpanda
05-29-2015, 03:26 PM
For the guys talking about Mr.Hyde. The old formula was just called Hyde and that wZ insane as well.

swingerofbirches
05-29-2015, 05:32 PM
So I'm the noob missed out on old school pre-workouts :sad lol

icehog3
05-29-2015, 05:37 PM
I've got some Jack3d left too, and I am gonna see if I can turn up some Hyde. :0

area51
05-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Myself and some friends were in Iraq when the original Jack3d came out. I remember that we wouldn't even mix it, we'd just dump it down our throats and wash it down. Good times.

swingerofbirches
05-29-2015, 06:00 PM
So what's the big diff between the old stuff and the new?

Adriftpanda
05-29-2015, 06:08 PM
1,3 dma was banned a couple years ago. Dat der your meth

area51
05-29-2015, 06:13 PM
That's not to say that new PWO's are trash. It's just a different sensation.

swingerofbirches
05-29-2015, 08:22 PM
The wife and I managed a 4.2mi walk tonight. Pace was decent but not crazy ... although the humidity was off the charts *eek*

Also ... please gimme thoughts on knee sleeves. I'm thinking of picking up a pair from Rogue (I know, gasp) but I think they'd do me some good, especially with the frequency of my squatting. What say you all?

Adriftpanda
05-29-2015, 08:34 PM

The wife and I managed a 4.2mi walk tonight. Pace was decent but not crazy ... although the humidity was off the charts *eek*

Also ... please gimme thoughts on knee sleeves. I'm thinking of picking up a pair from Rogue (I know, gasp) but I think they'd do me some good, especially with the frequency of my squatting. What say you all?

Posted

Adriftpanda
05-29-2015, 11:00 PM
Unplanned day. Wasn't expecting to go...

Skwwats, narrow stance 5x6 @265
Bench, wide grip w/pause 5x3-5 @225
Deadlift 7x5 @365
Pull-ups 6x10 all different variations

Stepped on the scale this morning, 180 with a pop tart in hand so that makes me 179.8

icehog3
05-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Sound a product called "Loaded" on eBay. Claims it has 1,3 dma, and is the original Jack3d formula. I ordered, figured $19 was worth it to find out myself. I'll report back after it arrives.

area51
05-30-2015, 03:02 AM
Unplanned day. Wasn't expecting to go...

Skwwats, narrow stance 5x6 @265
Bench, wide grip w/pause 5x3-5 @225
Deadlift 7x5 @365
Pull-ups 6x10 all different variations

Stepped on the scale this morning, 180 with a pop tart in hand so that makes me 179.8

You're killing deads great job!

swingerofbirches
05-30-2015, 07:49 AM
Cardio Bunny day today lol

Squats (close stance & wide stance rotation)
Set 1 - 90x10 close (pause squats) SS w/ 90x10 wide (pause squats) (warm up)
Set 2 - 135x10 close
Set 3 - 135x10 wide
Set 4 - 185x5 close
Set 5 - 185x5 wide
Set 6 - 90x10 close SS w/ 90x10 wide (burnout set)

45min on the elliptical followed by 15min in the sauna.

I was absolutely gassed today. Didn't help that my phone battery was dead so I had to go without music. Depending on how I feel tomorrow morning, it may be a pretty light day all around so I can recover a little bit for Monday. We shall see. :/

swingerofbirches
05-30-2015, 07:50 AM
Like Ken said, great deads Huy!

I saw your post about the knee sleeves and it's what made me wonder if anyone else o here had any experience with sleeves. :)

Adriftpanda
05-30-2015, 08:05 AM
Like I said, it will save you knees in the long run.

icehog3
05-30-2015, 08:30 AM
I know I just feel gassed without my tunes, Charlie.

Never used sleeves, but not opposed to trying. Do they make a shoulder sleeve? :r

GM Huy & Ken!

area51
05-30-2015, 09:19 AM
I've never used sleeves either. I'm not opposed to them just don't know enough about them to warrant wearing them.

GreekGodX
05-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Sound a product called "Loaded" on eBay. Claims it has 1,3 dma, and is the original Jack3d formula. I ordered, figured $19 was worth it to find out myself. I'll report back after it arrives.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!! :po

How long do you really plan on squatting everyday for? I've been consistently squatting 2x per week for at least 2 years. Only recently have my knees been sore. When that happened I started doing tissue work on them which has alleviated the soreness. Otherwise no sleeves and no problems. Maybe you should be looking at other issues rather than a quick fix :2

swingerofbirches
05-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Christos - the plan is to SED for 30 days and then see how I feel. I'd imagine that I'll take a break from it and go back to 2-3x/wk like I was doing before. This SED routine is more of a mental exercise than physical one. Yeah I'm adding weight to my PRs but the biggest aspect is the commitment to being in the gym every day, no exceptions (even if it's just for 15min to do some light squatting) for at least 30 days. Other factors had made me consider sleeves prior to even starting this routine ... old sports injury (right knee), ever increasing age (34) and the fact that I'm a big fella so not only do I have the weight of the bar but also a less dexterous body than someone my age who didn't let themselves go. Not sure what you mean by "quick fix"?

area51
05-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Today was a horrible lift day. I was dehydrated and didn't realize it until I got into the gym.

icehog3
05-30-2015, 12:43 PM
Legs and arms today, lots of gas. Strong on everything. Love days like that.

swingerofbirches
05-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Sucks, Ken .. at least you know that tomorrow will be better.

Get it, Tom!

area51
05-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Sucks, Ken .. at least you know that tomorrow will be better.

Get it, Tom!

Squats are tomorrow, I will ensure I am well rested/hydrated haha.

GreekGodX
05-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Christos - the plan is to SED for 30 days and then see how I feel. I'd imagine that I'll take a break from it and go back to 2-3x/wk like I was doing before. This SED routine is more of a mental exercise than physical one. Yeah I'm adding weight to my PRs but the biggest aspect is the commitment to being in the gym every day, no exceptions (even if it's just for 15min to do some light squatting) for at least 30 days. Other factors had made me consider sleeves prior to even starting this routine ... old sports injury (right knee), ever increasing age (34) and the fact that I'm a big fella so not only do I have the weight of the bar but also a less dexterous body than someone my age who didn't let themselves go. Not sure what you mean by "quick fix"?

I'm referring to the sleeves as a quick fix. In my view I would rather get down to the root cause and get that fixed. That takes time, effort, and sometimes money. In my time of lifting, I've found that any time I'm doing something to work around a problem I pay for that problem later on in some other way. Maybe a knew sleeve isn't such a severe case and is something that wouldn't lead to other problems. My advice will always be to fix the problem. Take my advice for what it is worth, if your goals don't include spending time to do that then by all means a knee sleeve should help you. It isn't something I would do. Just offering my two cents :2

swingerofbirches
05-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Squats are tomorrow, I will ensure I am well rested/hydrated haha.

Get it man! Your squat #s were great last time you posted! You going for a new PR?

area51
05-30-2015, 07:42 PM
255 was my "working load" last week so I'm going to increase that by 10 as well as every other set. My last true PR on squats was 335 and I've already shattered that. Not sure when I'll attempt a PR again, maybe later next month.

swingerofbirches
05-31-2015, 12:27 AM
Good stuff, Ken. Look fed to seeing your #'s from today (yeah, late night tonight lol)

swingerofbirches
05-31-2015, 12:59 PM
Just squats today .. light day, basically a recovery day ...

Set 1 - Front / Close Stance - 95x10 (pause)
Set 2 - Front / Close Stance - 135x10 (pause)
Set 3 - Front / Close Stance - 185x10 (pause)
Set 4 - Back / Wide Stance - 235x10 (pause)
Set 5 - Back / Wide Stance - 315x5 (pause)

Played 9 holes with the wife earlier this afternoon too. Might do some light cardio later this afternoon. We shall see.

Happy Sunday everyone! :)

icehog3
05-31-2015, 02:06 PM
Nice job, Charlie, some nice sets there. :tu

Today was a scheduled off day, but I was full of energy after the Hawks win last night, so I went in and did a high-rep chest day with moderate weights, and then heavy on declines.

Incline 205, 225, 245, 265
Bench 205, 225, 245, 265, 275
Vertical Bench 245, 265, 285, 315
Decline 315, 335, 365, 275, 225
Machine Flyes 235, 250, 265

swingerofbirches
05-31-2015, 02:40 PM
Great work, Tom! PAAMF? :D

Hawks/Bolts final ... I couldn't be happier! Lived in both places and love both teams. I'd prefer to see the Hawks win it all but the Bolts would have been my second choice. Gonna be a rly fun series for me!

area51
05-31-2015, 02:53 PM
Squats, squats, squats, squats, squats
http://i.imgur.com/CkxD2sH.jpg?1

I set this little baby up to ensure I was going below parallel. After coming off 5 weeks of 5,3,1 I'm going back to my 3x5.

Squats
265 3x5
275 1x8 (Just for fun, this should put me at a 340 1RM though since it was following my working load I think it may be a tad higher.)

Leg Press

600 3x8

Dumbell Curls

55 3x10 (Going up to 60 next workout)

Preacher Curls

100 3x10

Rope Curls

110 3x10

and then incline Abs with a 44lb kettle bell on my chest.

area51
05-31-2015, 02:55 PM
Nice job, Charlie, some nice sets there. :tu

Today was a scheduled off day, but I was full of energy after the Hawks win last night, so I went in and did a high-rep chest day with moderate weights, and then heavy on declines.

Incline 205, 225, 245, 265
Bench 205, 225, 245, 265, 275
Vertical Bench 245, 265, 285, 315
Decline 315, 335, 365, 275, 225
Machine Flyes 235, 250, 265

Kill it.

swingerofbirches
05-31-2015, 04:36 PM
Get it, Ken! Great work and good numbers!

icehog3
05-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Nice, Ken! :tu

Charlie, this series will only be fun for me if won by the team with the best captain in the NHL. :)

swingerofbirches
06-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Day21 ...

Back Squats / Close Stance
Set 1 - 45x10 (warmup)
Set 2 - 95x10 (warmup)
Set 3 - 135x10 (warmup)
Set 4 - 225x10
Set 5 - 315x10
Set 6 - 405x3

First time attempting 405 at Close Stance. My depth wasn't as good as I'd like but I kept my form together and still got down reasonably far so I'm happy since it's still progress.

Chest Day after squats ...
Flat Bench @ 135 (chest) SS w/ Close Grip Flat Bench @ 95 (tris) - 3x10 w/ a 4th burnout set (95 chest / 45 tris - both to 25 reps)
Incline Bench @ 95 (chest) SS w/ Close Grip Incline (tris) every other set @ 65 - same as above (45 chest / 45 tris)
Incline Dumbell Flys 3x8 (35lb dumbells)
Wide Grip Bench (Hammerstrength) ... got through one set of 8 reps @ 180 when my elbow told me to call it a day.

Not a great chest day as I felt pretty gassed still when I got in there, but I lifted something so that's better than not :)

icehog3
06-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Sounds like a good one to me, Charlie.

Back day for me, tired going in, decent workout.

Medium grip pulldowns 180, 200, 220, 240, 240
Cable Rows 220, 240, 260, 270, 290
Barbell rows 225, 255, 285, 295, 265, 225
T-bar rows 225, 250 (gassed)
2 sets pulldowns to failure

area51
06-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Awesome squats Charlie. I can't wait for 405...One day.

I'm skipping the gym today. I only got 3 hours of sleep last night and I'm about to pass out. I did run today though. 2.5 miles at a 8:00 - 8:30 min/mile pace and then .5 miles of sprints.

Goodnight all

GreekGodX
06-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Trying something new. I want to spend the least amount of time in the gym and still make strength gains. My plan is 3 workouts per week and under 40 minutes per workout. To start I'm only using 4 exercises: kettle bell swing, military press/push press, bent over row, and some variation of ab exercise. I'm really considering adding a bench press. My thought is KB swings will be enough posterior work if I do them 2x per week along with abs 2x, and the rest of the exercises will be 1x per week. We will see how week 1 goes.

Keep pushing weight everyone. Some nice numbers Pops and Charlie :ze

Adriftpanda
06-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Had a couple hours to kill before my flight back home. Love training at new gyms.

+ first time getting hit on by a hot girl, had to give her the boot since I didn't have much time. Had to tell her I just had a kid.

- gym was hot as hell, no ventilation. Weights were like land mines.

Did chest today with short rest.

Incline DB press - 5x8-10 @ 90lb DB
Incline hammer strength machine - 4x12 @185
Incline bb press - 4x8 @185 (pause push)
Pull overs 5x12 @60lb DB
Dips 5x12

icehog3
06-01-2015, 10:20 PM
You're an angel, Huy. :)

Looking forward to hearing the results of the new program, Son.

swingerofbirches
06-02-2015, 07:06 AM
Great lift, Huy!

swingerofbirches
06-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Best of luck with your new routine, Christos! Keep us updated.

Get it, Tom! #PAAMF

Squats (front / wide stance) - extreme focus on slow tempo and depth. Didn't wanna go very heavy or much volume since it's back day and I can't deadlift for crap if I squat heavy right before.

Set 1 - 135x10 (warmup)
Set 2 - 225x5
Set 3 - 225x5
Set 4 - 225x5
Set 5 - 225x5

Deadlift (no chalk)
Set 1 - 135x5 (warmup)
Set 2 - 225x5
Set 3 - 225x5
Set 4 - 315x3
Set 5 - 315x1

Single Arm Dumbell Rows SS w/ Dumbell Hammer Curls
Set 1 - 10reps @ 70 (warmup) SS w/ 25lb dumbells for 10reps
Set 2 - 10reps @ 85 SS w/ 35lb for 10reps
Set 3 - 10reps @ 90 SS w/ 35lb for 10reps
Set 4 - 8reps @ 95 SS w/ 35lb for 8reps
Set 5 - 6reps @ 100 SS w/ 35lb for 5reps

Close Grip Rows - 3x10 @ 200
Wide Grip Rows - 3x10 @ 160
Cable Lat Pulldowns - 3x15 @ 80 (had to go lighter for my elbow's sake)

I've got Group Power (HIIT) tonight ... I'll probably die, sooo ... you've all been great! Best of luck going fwd! LOL

Also, diet update - one week deep into low carb and my body loves it. It always takes me a few weeks before my body starts letting go of weight on this eating routine but I already feel mentally better and my sleep is improving. By week 3 or 4 I'll be dropping some lbs so hopefully I'll have some good weight loss figures to report before too terribly long :)

icehog3
06-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Great day, Charlie, how did those row/curl supersets treat you?

Shoulder day today, not many sets, but super high reps.

Seated press 135, 155, 175, 195, 205, 185, 165, 135
Barbell shrugs 225, 275, 315, 365, 365

swingerofbirches
06-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Tom, on chest day I try to do at least one superset with the primary and secondary muscles. I have an arm day on Thursday but I want that tiny bit of arm work on Mondays and Tuesday, plus I feel like it ratchets up my workout's intensity and makes me push my chest and back harder on Mondays and Tuesday's. So, in short, I enjoy it :)
Love me some rows too. :)

Good stuff man! Gotta love high volume shoulder workouts! Killer shrug #'s too! One day I'll be able to shrug like you. Out of curiosity, what kind of volume are you doing with the heavier shrugs? I usually stick to mid-range when I do barbell shrugs.

icehog3
06-02-2015, 01:55 PM
I'm getting easy 20 on the lighter sets, Charlie, and 12-15 on the heavy sets. My grip strength gives out before my traps, but I rarely wear straps so that's just how it goes.

Love me some supersets too, haven't incorporated many in the last few months though. Sounds like a good change up for me and way to ramp up my intensity. Think I'll start throwing some in the mix. :tu

swingerofbirches
06-02-2015, 03:39 PM
I hear ya, Tom! I LOVE supersets! I used to SS chest/back & shoulders/arms fefore I went to this routine and only do one muscle group per day. However, my Wed-Fri are still completely supersetted. Wednesday is shoulders so I SS them. Thursday is arms so I do bicep SS as he first half of my lift and tri SS for the last half. Friday is "light" chest & back so I'll SS chest/back then.

Ok, survey time everyone ... what's your favorite superset (or top3)?

Personally ...
1) Tricep cable pull downs SS w/ Overhead cable rope extensions.
2) EZBar preacher curl SS w/ Dumbell hammer curls
3) Flat Bench (chest) SS w/ Close grip bench (tris)

area51
06-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Flat Bench w/ Close Grip

followed by

Tricep Pull downs w/ Push downs

swingerofbirches
06-02-2015, 05:03 PM
You recovered from your nearly sleepless night, Ken?

area51
06-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Yes Sir, heading to the gym in 25 minutes.

area51
06-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Flat Bench: 270 3x5
225 1x10

Incline: 205 3x8

Fly machine: 245 3x8

Close grip: 175 3x8

Tricep pull down: 120 3x8

10 minutes of incline abs

Twas a good day

swingerofbirches
06-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Those are great numbers, Ken! Killin' it!

icehog3
06-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Nice, Ken! :tu

Favorite supersets lately....

T-bar rows / Barbell rows

Incline Bench / Wide barbell rows

Cambered bar curls / Skullcrushers

Barbell Curls / Cable Pushdowns

area51
06-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Thanks guys. You're the best.

Adriftpanda
06-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Wasn't planning on doing legs, it was back day but ran into a friend that wanted to do legs.

Over head skwaats 4x5 @ 155
Pause skwaats 4x5 @ 275
Hack squats 4x10 @ who knows, it was heavy
Lying leg curls - seated leg extensions 4x12-15
Stiff leg deads using DB 4x15 @60lb DB

icehog3
06-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Nice, Huy! :tu

I have two hockey games tomorrow, so just some quick arms and abs for me in the AM, and then Thursday off for sure.

area51
06-03-2015, 06:50 AM
Did a 1.5 miles of sprints today. My knees are hurting a bit so I took some meds and extra fish oil in preparation for deadlifts tonight.

icehog3
06-03-2015, 08:27 AM
Kill those deads tonight, Ken!

GreekGodX
06-03-2015, 11:25 AM
I <3 Deadlifts

I Hate overhead squats

Short workout is a mental test not to do more than I programmed. Also need to go up in weight but didn't have time today to see where I was at. Picked weights I knew I could finish my sets and reps.
Push press 3x5 185
Bent over rows 3x5 225
Drag Curls with fat gripz 2x6 85

Sancho
06-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Missed a few updates here.

Today:
Squats 3x5
Close grip rows 4x5
Bench 3x5
ISO press 4x10
Ex curls 4x7
Rope pushdowns 4x10
Erg rower 2km

Good lifts boys! Keep it up! Got a big leg day planned for Friday, heavy squats and deads

swingerofbirches
06-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Great lifts Christos & Chris!

Squats - back/wide stance
Set 1 - 135x5 (warmup)
Set 2 - 235x5 (warmup)
Set 3 - 315x5
Set 4 - 315x5
Set 5 - 315x5

Focused on speed and depth .. figured I'd take it easier today with the weight and volume considering that HIIT last night still has me pretty beat!

Shoulders today ...
OHP - 5x10 (8 last set) @ 100 SS w/ Front Plate Raises @ 45 (5x10)
Cable Front Raises 3x10 @ 50 SS w/ Single Arm Cable Side Raises 3x10 @ 20
Cable Standing Trap Row 3x10 @ 110 SS w/ Rope-to-Nose Cable Trap Pull 3x10 @ 110
I tried to shrug but I kept feeling a pinch in my left side so I figured better to stop than get hurt. :)

Cardio later with the wife. :)

icehog3
06-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Keep it up, Men, you all must be Pumped Like MoFos!

Tore up arms today, I'm PLAMF! :D

swingerofbirches
06-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Get it, Tom!!! #PLAMF

The wife and I managed just over 4mi walk in 1:17:45 today. Endomondo says 890cal, which I'll gladly take. :)

swingerofbirches
06-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Hey Tom ... GO HAWKS!!!!!

area51
06-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Just pulled a 405 DL and then 425. Thats a new PR.

swingerofbirches
06-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Kick ass, Ken! That's awesome!

area51
06-03-2015, 08:07 PM
I'm so stoked on it. The rest of my workout was **** but that made my night.

Adriftpanda
06-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Nice job on the pr.

Not going tomorrow, shoulders and back today.

Klokov presses 4x5
Wide grip lat pull down 4x8
Arnold presses 4x8
V-grip lat pull down

DB side delt raise - front pull down 4x8-10
Cable side delt raise - pull ups 5x10

GreekGodX
06-03-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm so stoked on it. The rest of my workout was **** but that made my night.

Haha that sounds about right. Congrats!!

icehog3
06-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Hey Tom ... GO HAWKS!!!!!

:D

Congrats on the PR, Ken!

Nice job, Huy! Enjoy the rest day, I'm resting tomorrow too, except for a late hockey game.

Christos is a wise man..... :)

area51
06-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Today is a rest day as well. Ill probably hit the cigar lounge.

swingerofbirches
06-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Squats :
Set 1 - (front/close stance) - 95x10 (warmup)
Set 2 - (front/close stance) - 115x10 (warmup)
Set 3 - (front/close stance) - 145x10
Set 4 - (front/close stance) - 195x4 (failure on 5th attempt)
Set 5 - (front/close stance) - 225x1
Set 6 - (back/close stance) - 225x5 (warmup)
Set 7 - (back/close stance) - 315x5
Set 7b - (back/close stance) - 315x3 (just a little mental warmup set for the 405)
Set 8 - (back/close stance) - 405x2

Focused a lot on speed and depth again except for the 225 front and 405 back. (I think i'm physically capable of pushing past 405 on my back/wide stance squats ... just a mental thing now :) )

Arm Day today ...

Preacher Curl EZBar SS w/ Dumbell Hammer Curl
Set 1 - 10reps @ 85 / 10reps @ 35 dumbells
Set 2 - 7reps @ 85 / 8reps @ 35
Set 3 - 6reps @ 85 / 6reps @ 35

Zottman Curls
Set 1 - 10r @ 25 dumbells
Set 2 - 9r @ 25
Set 3 - 7r @ 25
Set 4 - 7r @ 25
Set 5 - 5r @ 25

Cable EZBar Push Downs SS w/ Overhead Cable Rope Pulls
Sets 1-3 : 3/15 @ 100 ss w/ 3/15 @ 100 (kept these nice and low since these were the exercises the killed my elbow last time it all went really wrong ... got a nice burn and didn't injure myself, so i counted it as a win, despite being light)

Close Grip Bench
Sets 1-5 : 5x10 @ 135

I was pretty gassed after squats and bis. Tris may have suffered a tad. I was more focused on seeing the workout through than on the weight, honestly. I'm leaning more and more towards a non-squat deload week next week tho. I think it times out nicely too with my going back on the low carb eating routine last week. A week of squatting and cardio might just be the ticket for muscle and joint recovery and some fat loss. :)

icehog3
06-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Nice one Charlie!

GreekGodX
06-05-2015, 03:23 PM
28kg Kettlebell swings 75 reps + 25 more. Looking to always get 75+ in one set. It was challenging getting to 75.
Bench 225 3x5. Focused on speed.
Abs
Finished in 20 minutes. Then hit the sauna. Still hard to leave doing so little.

After my first full week of this program my thoughts are that I'm going to have to use a different set and rep scheme for everything but swings. I'm thinking of going 4 or 5 sets, with weights in 85%-95% of my max. Last set would be a speed set with around 50% of my max. I'm going to stick to what I'm doing now for 4 weeks to see but I'm foreseeing this tweak will be necessary.

area51
06-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Ah, another chest day come and gone

Flat: 2x5 275 (I failed)
1x5 265
1x8 225

Incline: 3x5 205

Fly Machine: 3x8 245 (I think I have to start doing dumbell fly's since I racked it out)

Shoulder Press: 155 3x8

Pull ups: 3 sets to failure

Incline sit ups

Not a bad workout.

icehog3
06-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Lots of swinging, Son! :tu Looking forward to seeing how you like the program moving forward.

Good day, Ken! :tu

Chest for me too, went a little lighter and kept my reps higher, except on the delcines .

Flat bench 215, 235, 255, 275, 285, 235, 205
Vertical bench 246, 265, 285, 315, 265, 225
Decline Bench 315, 345, 275, 225
Flyes one set at 250 and I was cashed.

Chicken and egg whites, fruit and whole grain toast with peanut butter for a post workout meal, catfish and brown rice for an early dinner tonight.

swingerofbirches
06-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Good work today, boys.

Squat (back/wide stance)
Set 1 - 135x5 (warmup)
Set 2 - 225x5 (warmup)
Set 3 - 315x5
Set 4 - 405x4
Set 5 - 405x2
Set 6 - 405x1

Focused on speed, form and depth more today, hence the lower reps.

Otherwise, i peddled off my light back/chest workout and did some calf work and some forearm curls (5x20 @ 45lbs)

Calves:
Leg Press - 5x20 @ 270
Seated Calf Raise - 5x10 @ 135
Standing Calf Raises - 4x25

Adriftpanda
06-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Breasties and some aaamz

Seated cable flies 5x8-10
Incline hammer strength machine 4x8
Flat DB press 5x6
Incline pullovers 3x12

Rope extensions 4x12
Incline DB curls 4x10-12
Dippitty 4x10
Seated preacher machine 3x15

swingerofbirches
06-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Squats (front/alternating stance)
Set 1 - 95x5 (narrow - warmup)
Set 2 - 95x5 (wide - warmup)
Set 3 - 135x5 (narrow)
Set 4 - 135x5 (wide)
Set 5 - 185x5 (narrow)
Set 6 - 185x5 (wide)

Then just some cardio :)

Happy weekend fellas!!!

icehog3
06-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Happy weekend, Charlie. I'll have to have a vicarious one through youse guys, I work both nights.

Back Day today.

T-bar rows 225, 250, 275, 300, 275, 250
Cable rows 260, 270, 290, 260
Barbell rows 185, 205, 225, 265, 285, 225
Pullups, 2 sets of 10 (+25 pounds)

area51
06-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Squats and Bis

Squat: 275 3x5
I think I'm going to stay at this for another week, I want to go deeper than I was today.

Calf raises

Leg press 630 3x8

Bi Curl: 60's 1x8
55's 2x8
35's 1x8

Preacher Curl: 100 3x10

Rope Curl: 120 3x8

Decline (Incline?) Abs with 35lbs

Not a bad day all in all.

icehog3
06-07-2015, 10:52 AM

Ok, gave this a try today.

Pros:

Decent focus
Decent energy
No jitters
No crash

Cons:

Mixes slighly less effectively than Jack3d
Does not taste as pleasant (relatively) as Jack3d

Do I think it is exactly the old Jack3d formula? No
Do I believe it has as much or the same DMA? No
Is it a decent PWO alternative for $19? Yes

I'll keep it and add it to the mix, may or may not order it again.

3 hockey nights in a row start tonight, so I did a quick high-rep military press workout, and got outta Dodge.

Military press 145, 165, 185, 195, 185, 165, 145
Machine press 165, 195, 165

Dat's it. I'll throw shrugs in with arms tomorrow.

swingerofbirches
06-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Do work, Tom! You're a machine!

Squats (back/alternating narrow and wide)
Set 1 - 135x5 (narrow - warmup)
Set 2 - 135x5 (wide - warmup)
Set 3 - 225x5 (narrow)
Set 4 - 225x5 (wide)
Set 5 - 315x5 (narrow)
Set 6 - 315x5 (wide)
Set 7 - 315x3 (narrow)
Set 8 - 315x3 (wide)
Set 9 - 405x3 (narrow)
Set 10 - 405x3 (wide)
Set 11 - 405x1 (narrow)
Set 12 - 405x2 (wide)

Finished with some incline treadmill (15inc @ 3.5mph) for 30min.

Focused some more on depth and speed again. I was sore enough after today's squatting that I felt sick after I got home and decompressed a bit. Whew!

Enjoy your Sunday, fellas!

area51
06-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Damn Tom. are you going to stick with that PWO?

area51
06-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Charlie are you squatting 5x a week?

icehog3
06-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Nice, Charlie! :tu That's seven times a week for Charlie, Ken. ;)

I will throw the Loaded into the mix, Ken, and decide when it's gone if I will buy another.

swingerofbirches
06-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Squatting every day, Ken. Today was Day27 :)

area51
06-07-2015, 01:27 PM
I can't imagine that. Good job though. Your numbers are great.

swingerofbirches
06-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Ken - at first the concept seemed kinda crazy to me too but at this point I'm honestly wondering how I'll do when I peddle back. Ive really enjoyed squatting before every lift (and before cardio on weekends) ... I feel like it puts me in an awesome mindset and physical setup for my supplementary lifts. It may just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I feel like I've made progress everywhere this past month, not just my squats. :)

You should give it a shot and see how you like it!

swingerofbirches
06-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Talk to me about Good Mornings. Anyone on here do em with regularity?

area51
06-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Ken - at first the concept seemed kinda crazy to me too but at this point I'm honestly wondering how I'll do when I peddle back. Ive really enjoyed squatting before every lift (and before cardio on weekends) ... I feel like it puts me in an awesome mindset and physical setup for my supplementary lifts. It may just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I feel like I've made progress everywhere this past month, not just my squats. :)

You should give it a shot and see how you like it!

This breaks everything I know about working out but, if it's working for you then continue it. I would give it a go but due to having to run 3x a week (Thanks Army) I need the rest time.

Adriftpanda
06-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Wheels today.

Pause squats 4x3
Squats 3x8
Partial hack squats 4x12
Seated leg curls 4x12
Lunges DB 4x10 each leg

Das it!

Sancho
06-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Quick lunch lift today. Rack was full with gym couple. Grr.

ISO push press SS with ISO lay pulls
Push 5x6
Pulls 5x8

Some work for my old elbow injury with a db. Felt ridiculous but this is best my arm has felt in a while.

Finished with some deads but my grip was failing at 275 so I backed down. I blame the elbow work preceding the deads. Should've hit somewhere north of 340 on the big lift.

135,225,275,135x5

Sancho
06-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Doubled.

icehog3
06-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Glad your elbow is feeling better, Chris. :tu

Just arms today, and after hockey last night happy to just get there. Ran outta time on bi's so preachers only.

Close grip bench 185, 205, 225, 245, 265, 225, 185
Cable pushdowns 95, 115, 125, 135, 145, 160, 135, 95
Preacher curls (varying grips) 135, 145, 145, 145, 145, 135, 135

swingerofbirches
06-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Squats (front & back / alternating stances)

Set 1 - (front / close ss w/ wide) 95x10ea stance
Set 2 - (front / close) 95x10 (pause)
Set 3 - (front / wide) 95x10 (pause)
Set 4 - (front / close ss w/ wide) 135x5ea stance
Set 5 - (back / close ss w/ wide) 225x5ea stance
Set 6 - (back / close ss w/ wide) 315x5ea stance
Set 7 - (back / close) 315x10
Set 8 - (back / wide) 315x10

That's all for today ... ran way short on time, thanks to a cluster*ck at work :/

Good work, Tom! Get it, Chris!

I hear ya, Ken ... it was a bit of a head scratcher at first but it's really been working well. There have been times when I thought that I was too gassed or that I was too sore but i've always managed to push through. It's also important to note that the point isn't to PR every day ... just to make sure that you touch the bar. If that's just one squat; touch the bar. :)

Adriftpanda
06-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Had to go out and buy a a wrist wrap for my right wrist. Been kind of funky.

Chest and suppose to be back day but wife needed my help with the baby. So just chesticles.

Incline DB 4x8 @100
Decline hammer strength press 4x8-10 @225
Fly machine 6x10-12 @ 175 and worked down
Flat DB press 4x10 @ 70 for speed work

Wide grip lat pull down 3x15 @175

swingerofbirches
06-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Nice lift, Huy!

Squats:
Set 1 - (front/narrow) 95x10
Set 2 - (front/wide) 95x10
Set 3 - (front/narrow) 135x10
Set 4 - (front/wide) 135x10
Set 5 - (front/narrow) 185x5
Set 6 - (front/wide) 185x5
Set 7 - (back/narrow) 225x5
Set 8 - (back/wide) 225x5
Set 9 - (back/narrow) 315x5
Set 10 - (back/wide) 315x5

Deadlifts:
Set 1 - 135x10
Set 2 - 225x10
Set 3 - 315x5
Set 4 - 315x1

Good Mornings:
2 Sets - both bar only (45lbs) - done as stretching

icehog3
06-10-2015, 12:55 AM
You're a squatting monster, Charlie!

Had a day off from the gym but a late hockey game tonight. Back to the iron manana.

swingerofbirches
06-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Thx Tom! Today will be a rly light day tho as I tweeked my knee at HIIT last night and there's some definite inflammation going on in there. :/

Get that hockey. Go Hawks!

Sancho
06-10-2015, 10:57 AM
Heal fast Charlie, your a beast on the squats!

Another quickie on lunch today, kept rest to 30-40 seconds between sets

Heavy cable rows 5x6
Incline db press 5x8-10
Db floor press 5x10
Cable pushdowns 3x15
Ez bar curls 8x7 varied grips

Feeling a decent pump

icehog3
06-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Nice day, Chris! :tu

Hope that inflammation gets better and doesn't slow down your progress, Charlie.

Volume day for chest, lots of sets, lost of reps.

Incline Bench 195. 215, 235, 255, 275
Flat bench 205, 225, 245, 265, 275, 285
Decline bench 275, 305, 325, 275
Vertical bench 245, 275, 300, 325, 275
Super wide incline 185, 205, 225, 185
Super wide bench 245, 275, 295, 225
Machine flyes 225, 255
Pushups

swingerofbirches
06-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Today was Day31 of Squat Every Day. Went light today so as to not exacerbate my knee.

Squats (front/close)
Set 1 - bar only (45) x 10
Set 2 - 95x10
Set 3 - 95x10
Set 4 - 95x5
Set 5 - 95x5

I think using today almost like a stretch-via-exercise day really did help as my knee has felt markedly better than yesterday. Another light day and I may be back to fighting shape. :)

I don't think I'm quite ready to stop squatting every day though ... :)

A big thx to you guys too! The support on here has been great and a real encouragement. :) *thumbs up yall*

icehog3
06-10-2015, 09:50 PM
I've been enjoying watching you and the squat program, Charlie, don't know if I've ever seen anything like it. You will always be King Squat to me, even if you decide to pull the plug at 32.

EDIT; Just re-read that, I just want to emphasize that "King Squat" is a good thing. :r

area51
06-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Back and Bi Day:

Deadlifts 3x5 345
Seated Rows: 3x10 160
Pull Ups: 3xFail

Bi Curls: 1x8 60 (My arms weren't having it)
2x8 50
1x8 45

Rope curls: 3x8 130
Preacher Curls 3x8 110

Abs, abs, abs, abs

Adriftpanda
06-10-2015, 11:55 PM
I want to bench for 100 straight days...

GreekGodX
06-11-2015, 05:38 AM

You would be my hero <3

icehog3
06-11-2015, 08:19 AM
Your shoulders would fall off.

swingerofbirches
06-11-2015, 08:42 AM
I've been enjoying watching you and the squat program, Charlie, don't know if I've ever seen anything like it. You will always be King Squat to me, even if you decide to pull the plug at 32.

EDIT; Just re-read that, I just want to emphasize that "King Squat" is a good thing. :r

LOL i'll take it as a compliment then. :D

Cory Gregory (same guy who did SED) just released a new series called "Bench Most Days" ... maybe you should check it out? :)

This is what I was thinking too lol. The only reason I think i'm liking SED as much as I am is because i'm lower half dominant to begin with but I feel like my shoulders and elbows would completely disolve after a week of Bench Every (or even most) days. LOL
That said, Huy is obviously much stronger than me when it comes to upper body so i'd be really interested to see his results if he gave it a try!

I've been thinking about different routines for when i go away from SED and i'm putting together a compound movement based routine that will still have me squatting 3-4x/wk, deads 2x/wk, good mornings 2x/wk, bench 2x/wk & OHP 2x/wk ... with only a small amount of supplemental lifting. The idea being "bang for buck" since I do wanna be able to devote a good bit of time to cardio and burning fat.
Example ...
Monday = Squat & Bench (minimal supp lifts after)
Tuesday = Deads & Barbell Rows (minimal supp)
Wed = Good Mornings & OHP (minimal supp)
Thur = Squat & Bench (supp tricep work)
Fri = Deads & Barbell Rows (supp bicep work)
Sat = Squat (light)
Sun = Squat (light)

Still thinking it through ... might make Sunday a full rest day ... just throwing a rough schedule out there to get some thoughts.

swingerofbirches
06-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Day 32 ...

Squats (back / narrow)
Set 1 - 135x10 (warmup)
Set 2 - 225x10
Set 3 - 315x5
Set 4 - 315x5
Set 5 - 405x3

Surprisingly enough, I think that squatting a little more normally (not super light the whole time) actually helped my knee feel better. Idk lol

Finished up with 3x10 of Good Mornings @ 45lbs (bar only) ... I think i'm gonna enjoy doing these. :)

icehog3
06-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Like the new potential program, Charlie, but where's the shoulder day? :)

Back for me:

Cable pulldowns 200, 220, 240, 260, 240, 240, 220, 200
Barbell rows 225, 255, 275, 255, 225
T-bar rows 250, 275, 250, 250
Pullups 3 sets to failure
Cable rows 260, 270, 270, 260
Dead hangs

swingerofbirches
06-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Tom - I figured I'd do supplemental shoulders on Wednesday after OHP?

icehog3
06-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Tom - I figured I'd do supplemental shoulders on Wednesday after OHP?

Rog. Don't want to deny any of my friends the joy of shoulder presses, Charlie. :lr

swingerofbirches
06-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Rog. Don't want to deny any of my friends the joy of shoulder presses, Charlie. :lr

LOL by no means would I ever just skip shoulders

Adriftpanda
06-11-2015, 05:06 PM

Your face would fall off!

No I'm kidding, I don't think I would even want to. Maybe when I was I high school.

Back and arms. Found a gym near our hotel. Lots of douchary going on.

Pull ups 6x10
DB rows 4x6-8
Seated rows using long bar 4x10
Seated hammerstrength rows 4x8-12

Incline curls - single DB extension 4x10
Hammer bb curls - overhead DB extensions 4x8

Abs

icehog3
06-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Your face would fall off!

Maybe then I could get laid more. :)

swingerofbirches
06-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Nice lift, Huy! You're killing those pull ups!!!

swingerofbirches
06-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Squats : (back/narrow)

Set 1 - 135x10
Set 2 - 225x5
Set 3 - 315x5
Set 4 - 315x5
Set 5 - 315x5

Good Mornings :
Set 1 - 45x10
Set 2 - 95x10
Set 3 - 135x10
Set 4 - 185x10
Set 5 - 185x10

I foolishly played bball last night and some psychopath barreled into me in the last game while I was jumping for a high pass, and upon landing rolled my ankle. It's just swollen and tender today so I'm glad it's not worse. :)

Everybody have a good weekend :)

icehog3
06-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Yet you still hit the squats hard.....Hardcore, Charlie! :tu

Went to the gym at 11AM, it was closed due to a power outtage. Reopened at 4, but I just took the day off. It was shoulder day, I will consider it a gift from Heaven. :r

swingerofbirches
06-13-2015, 05:54 AM
That sucks .. had you already loaded up on pre-workout?
On the up side, a day off will prob do you some good #machine

icehog3
06-13-2015, 08:10 AM
Crazy thing is, I usually drink 1/2 my PWO on the ride to the gym. Yesterday I forgot to drink it....worked out well, I would have been a lot more pissed if I was all jack3d up! :r

swingerofbirches
06-13-2015, 08:53 AM
lol glad to hear it Tom.

Tried to gear today's whole workout toward elevated heart rate/cardio, since traditional cardio is a little tough with my ankle still swollen.

Squats (front/close)
Warmup - 45x10
Sets 1-10 @ 95 (30sec rest between sets)

Wide Bench superset w/ Close Grip Bench - 5x20 @ 45 (so 1 superset = 40 total reps)

Wide Grip Standing Barbell Row SS w/ Barbell Curls - 5x20 @ 45 (only managed 11-15 for the last 3 sets of curls)

Arnold Press SS w/ Shrugs (Hammerstrength bench) - 5x15 @ 35lb dumbells (AP) / 5x15 @ 90 for shrugs

Battle Ropes - 5 rounds of 1min each ... first time trying these. Whew!

Everyone have a great weekend!

icehog3
06-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Nice SSs, Charlie!

Legs and Bis today, alternated between leg presses and barbell curls, then hamstring curls and preacher curls. Finished with a couple sets of concentration curls.

icehog3
06-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Chest and tris today, bench, inclines, declines and vertical bench for chest, skullcrushers for my gassed tris.

swingerofbirches
06-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Good work, Tom!

Squats (front/wide) SS w/ Good Mornings
Sets 1-3 - 135x5 SS w/ 135x5
Set 4 - 185x5 SS w/ 185x5
Set 5 - 185x5 SS w/ 185x5
Set 6 - 225x1 SS w/ 115x5

30min of elliptical
15min of sauna :)

area51
06-14-2015, 06:48 PM
Squats: 275 3x5
225 1x8

Leg press: 600 3x10

Box Jumps

preacher curls 100 3x10
Rope Curl 130 3x10
Cable Curl with flat bar 130 3x10

Abs as always. Not bad.

swingerofbirches
06-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Good lift, Ken!

What's your leg press PR?

area51
06-14-2015, 07:24 PM
I honestly don't know. I never tried it lol

swingerofbirches
06-14-2015, 08:53 PM
I honestly don't know. I never tried it lol

lol fair enough, I'm in the same boat

area51
06-14-2015, 09:04 PM
My 1rm calculator says 865. It's usually pretty spot on.

icehog3
06-14-2015, 09:32 PM
Nice legs+ days, Charlie and Ken! :tu

Back for me tomorrow, then planning on taking Tuesday off after hopefully celebrating a Stanley Cup win at the United Center tomorrow night.

Adriftpanda
06-14-2015, 11:16 PM
Only able to train one time on this vacation of ours. All my meals have been relatively on point, haven't cheated too much.

Looking forward to getting back home tomorrow so I can't train.

Looking good everyone. Keep it up.

Hey Tom, let's go train at the Mecca Saturday morning before the main event. I know you don't like to when on vacation but purrty pweese.

swingerofbirches
06-15-2015, 05:50 AM
Any kind of workout and diet control on vacation is commendable, Huy! Nice job!

Tom - it'd be nice for them to win this one at home. :)

icehog3
06-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Only if I am not drunk Friday night, Huy. :noon

Charlie...Let's Go Blackhawks!

swingerofbirches
06-15-2015, 09:39 AM
Squats (back/close)
Warmup - 135x5
Set 1 - 225x5
Set 2 - 225x5
Set 3 - 315x5
Set 4 - 315x5
Set 6 - 405x3
Set 7 - 405x2

Flat Bench SS w/ Close Grip Bench - 135x10 / 135x5-7 (3 sets)
Dumbell Flys - 3x10 (30lb dumbells)
Incline Bench SS w/ Close Grip Incline Bench - 95x10 / 95x5-7 (3 sets)

My left elbow was doing great until my last set of flys. I was rly hoping that my deload week would have taken care of it completely. Time to ice it and think about modifying my lifts to be more conscientious of my elbows :(

Cardio with the wife tonight.

icehog3
06-15-2015, 12:53 PM
Nice, Charlie...hope that elbow gets better too.

Wanted to superset back today, but the coordination of the equipment didn;t pan out. Instead, did light back with dropping rest between sets...good pump and a quick workout.

T-bar rows 250 x 7 sets
Barbell rows 225 x 5 sets
Superwide rows 185 x 4 sets
Pulldowns 220, 240, 260, 220
Cable rows 260, 275, 260, 240

Adriftpanda
06-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Back in z gym, feels so good.

Chest is already paying for it. Superset DB bench press to DB flies for 20 sets. Yup, 20 sets.

Warmed up with cable flies 4x12 didn't look at the weight, just wanted to warm up.

Set 1 - DB press x20
DB fly x1

Set 2 - DB press x19
DB fly x2

Set 3 - DB press x18
DB fly x3

Set 4 - DB press x17
DB fly x4

Set 5 - DB press x16
DB fly x5

Set 6 - DB press x15
DB fly x6

And so on till you hit set 20. Almost every set I increased by 5lb. Started out at 30 and I ended at 100lb. For flies, I basically started at 30 and went up to 40. Didn't go up too much since the sets got harder and harder.

Finished off with tricep rope extensions 4x15 @80lb my arms were shot.

icehog3
06-16-2015, 10:42 AM
Get it, Huy!

Good thing today was a planned day off. After the game last night, I am hungover as a MoFo. :r

swingerofbirches
06-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Great lift, Huy!

LOL Tom ... we have PLAMF and now HOLAMF

Squats:
Warmup - 135x5
Set 1 - 225x5
Set 2 - 315x5
Set 3 - 315x5
Set 4 - 315x5
Set 5 - 315x5

Deadlifts:
Warmup - 135x10
Set 1 - 225x5
Set 2 - 225x5
Set 3 - 225x5

Standing Barbell Rows SS w/ EZ Bar Bicep Curl
Warmup - 135x10 SS w/ 50x10
Set 1 - 225x8 SS w/ 50x10
Set 2 - 225x7 SS w/ 50x10
Set 3 - 225x7 SS w/ 50x10
Set 4 - 225x6 SS w/ 50x10

Close Grip Low Row (machine):
Warmup - 180x10
Set 1 - 230x10
Set 2 - 270x10
Set 3 - 270x8
Set 4 - 270x5

15min of elliptical and 15min of incline treadmill (did 15min of stationary bike when i first got up this morning). Maybe a tiny bit more cardio with the wife this evening ... more than likely it's gonna be sauna LOL

Speaking of the sauna ... really interesting old episode on Barbell Shrugged where there's discussion about the way that protein reacts to heat (sauna being their example). Cool stuff. Episode 119 w/ Dr. Rhonda Patrick.

icehog3
06-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Helluva day, Charlie! :ze :tu

area51
06-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Chest and Tris:

Flat Bench: 275 3x5 ( I was able to complete my sets this week)
225 1x8
Incline Bench: 205 3x8
Machine Fly 245 3x10

Close grip: 165 3x10
Cable push down: 140 3x8
Rope pull down: 130 3x8

I did decline abs with 35 on my chest for 25,20,15,10 and then repped out.

icehog3
06-16-2015, 05:39 PM
Nice work, Ken. :ze

Adriftpanda
06-16-2015, 10:49 PM
First time hitting legs in over 1.5 week. Weight felt so so, didn't want to train too heavy.

Squats - 6x5-4 @285 for sets 1-3, @315 for sets 4-6
Pause squats - 4x6-8 @245
Lying leg curls - 5x12 @90
Kettle bell lunges - 4x10 @80
Single leg extensions 3x15 @ ? Went light

area51
06-17-2015, 06:39 AM
First time hitting legs in over 1.5 week. Weight felt so so, didn't want to train too heavy.

Squats - 6x5-4 @285 for sets 1-3, @315 for sets 4-6
Pause squats - 4x6-8 @245
Lying leg curls - 5x12 @90
Kettle bell lunges - 4x10 @80
Single leg extensions 3x15 @ ? Went light

Nice numbers on squats my friend.

swingerofbirches
06-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Great lifts Ken & Huy!

Squats (front/narrow)
Warmup - 45x10
Set 1 - 95x5 (slow & pause)
Set 2 - 135x5 (slow & pause)
Set 3 - 135x5 (slow & pause)
Set 4 - 185x5 (slow & pause)
Set 5 - 185x5 (slow & pause)

Shoulder Press (machine):
Warmup - 90x10
Set 1 - 180x5
Set 2 - 230x5
Set 3 - 230x3
Set 4 - 180x8

Arnold Press (45lb dumbells) SS w/ Front Plate Raise (45lb plate) - 3x10 (last set was 8ea)

Dumbell Shrugs (90lb dumbells) SS w/ Dumbell Side Extensions (10lb dumbells) - 3x10

Cable Upright Rows (100) SS w/ Rope-to-Nose Pulls (100) - 3x10

5 sessions of Battle Ropes for as long as I could go; 15sec rest between sessions.

15min of sauna :)

Cardio tonight with the wife. :D

Sancho
06-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Nice Huy!

Keep forgetting to update here, sa la vie.

ISO lat pulls SS with ISO push press 4x6
DB Flat Bench SS with DB rows 4x10
Finished with some concentration curls 3 sets to failure

swingerofbirches
06-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Good work, Chris!

area51
06-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Effing deadlifts today.

swingerofbirches
06-17-2015, 05:42 PM
Effing deadlifts today.

Get it, Ken!
Do you do Good Mornings?

area51
06-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Get it, Ken!
Do you do Good Mornings?

I don't, I probably should but because of a previous back injury I'm scared to.

As for today

Deads: 345 3x5
Cable Row: 165 3 x 8
Pull Ups: 3xFail

Preacher Curl: 100 3x8
Rope Curl: 120 3x8
Close Grip Curl Barbell curl: 80 3x8

Abs

I'm stoked to continuously improve on my deads.

Adriftpanda
06-17-2015, 07:23 PM
hump day :)

Bent over rows using hack machine (they have nice handles) 5x8 @225
T bar row 5x6-10 @ 225-175
V grip pull down 4x8 @160
Reverse grip lat pull down 4x8-10 @160
Single arm lat pull down 3x12-15 @70

Tricep extension cables 3x15-20
DB curls - overhead extension 4x12
Reverse grip curls - push downs 4x12

icehog3
06-17-2015, 11:37 PM
Nice day everyone! :ze

Shoulders and traps today, went relatively heavy on military presses and shrugs, cut it short with some forearm cramping on the shrugs. Legs and Bis tomorrow.

GreekGodX
06-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Got a new gym. A bit of a downgrade but NY charges over $120 per month for the gym I was paying $60/month for in MI.

swingerofbirches
06-18-2015, 11:03 AM
Good lifts Huy, Ken & Tom!

Wow, Christos, $120/mo, don't blame you for finding a new gym. Good luck there!

Squats, Good Mornings & Arms today followed by a small bit of cardio (I was gassed).

Maybe I'll get a walk in tonight with the wife.

swingerofbirches
06-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Maintenance question ... what does everyone think is acceptable volume for maintenance? If my focus is on dropping fat without losing muscle I know my diet needs to be right but what I'm finding is that I'm so gassed from my lifts that I don't have the energy to do the amount o cardio I need to burn fat the way I'd like.

So is anyone here in maintenance? If so, what kind of weight and volume do you typically do?

Thx!

icehog3
06-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Hope the new gym works out well, Son!

Can't help with the maintenance question, Charlie, sorry.

Leg presses, leg curls, cambered bat curls, barbell curls and preacher curls today. Hockey tonight, legs should hopefully not be sore yet. Off tomorrow.

Adriftpanda
06-19-2015, 01:51 AM
From my own experience. Whatever you are currently doing for training is going to be your maintainance, if that makes any sense. There's no optimal rep range. If you're training heavy, you're going to have to continue to train that way in order to keep that same strength. For example, my PL program. I took a month off from training that style and my strength is not nearly as strong as before. Again, this is my own experience and opinion.

From the post I've seen from Tom, I don't think he's trying to become Ed Coan. He's simply training to maintain his build, strength etc. I could be wrong but just what I see from all his logs.

As far as cardio, I hate cardio. Performing HIIT has been shown much more effective for fat loss than steady pace cardio. Again, all this is my own experience and opinion.

Adriftpanda
06-19-2015, 01:58 AM
Shoulders, abs and Jurassic World tonight :)

Klokov presses 4x5 @ 160
Arnold presses 4x10 @ 60
DB side delt raise 4x10 @25
Reverse fly machine - side delt raise machine 4x12-15@ ? It was fairly light
Plate front raises 5x10 @ 45 plate
Smith machine upright row 4x8-12 @ 135

Ab stuff...

Jurassic World was badass.

swingerofbirches
06-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Nice lifts, Tom & Huy! I'd never heard of Klokov Presses before ... they look intense. The wife and I also saw Jurassic World last night. Fun movie!

Today was Squats, Calves & light chest/back. Cardio tonight.

icehog3
06-19-2015, 10:30 AM
You have it pretty spot on, Huy. At my age, it's more about keeping as much of the strength and muscle as I can, the days of huge gains are probably behind me. Strength has definitely declined some in the past few years, but I'm still stronger than most of the 20-30 year olds in the gym, so I am OK with it.

GreekGodX
06-19-2015, 10:55 AM
I've talked maintenance with lots of trainers, PTs, and Docs. The common theme is you need to choose your goal and stick with that. Because even when you are training for 1 area, another are will take a back seat. You will run yourself into a wall if you are trying to gain strength and lose body fat. So the times I've wanted to stay the same I've looked at what's most important to me to keep and I train that. That's my :2

Worked out at the 'new' gym today. I was pleasantly surprised with all the equipment. Noticed that the benches are all always in use :rolleyes: Still doing KB swings. Picked up their heaviest KB which I think was 28kg or 32kg and busted out 90 reps. Did some snatches, Abs, and left. Messed up my pad lock trying to reset the combination so I was in a hurry just in case someone had some sticky hands.

Sancho
06-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Squats 5x5. Been a busy week

Looks like everyone is killing it! Keep it up!

area51
06-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Rep day:

Bench- 225 3x10
Incline - 185 3 x 10
Cable Crossovers - 100 3x10

Shoulder press - 155 3x8
Pull downs - I forget 3x10
Shrugs - 100 3xFailure

Abs

Adriftpanda
06-19-2015, 08:17 PM
Quickish leg day along with some obliques.

Leg press machine 5x25 @ ? Moderate weight, I didn't look
Front skwaats 5x5 @ 225
Stiff leg deads 5x8 @185
Seated baby cow raises 5x20

Obliques

swingerofbirches
06-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Nice lifts, fellas.

Squats (front/narrow/pause)
45x3 (warmup)
95x3
135x3
185x3
225x1

Good Mornings
3x10 @ 135

Forearm Curs
1x50 @ 45
1x20 @ 45
1x15 @ 45

Cardio
30min of treadmill @ 3.5mph & 15incline ... burn dat fat! lol

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

area51
06-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Squats: 285 3x5
295 1x5

Leg Press: 640 3x8

Bi Curls: 60's 1x8
50's 3x10

Close grip barbell curls: 80 3x8

Reverse BB Curls: 40 3x8

Calve raises: 225 3 x10

Abs

icehog3
06-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Good lifts, Everyone, tearin' it up! :tu

Internationa Chest Day here.

Bench 225, 255, 285, 296, 305
Incline 195, 215, 235, 265, 195
Vertical Bench 250, 275, 300, 325, 275
Decline 275, 295, 315, 365, 275
Flyes 250, 265

swingerofbirches
06-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Good stuff, Ken & Tom!

Squats (front/close/pause)
45x3 (warmup)
95x3
135x3
185x3
225x2
245x1 ... which is a new front squat PR for me :)

30min on treadmill @ 3mph/15 incline

icehog3
06-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Congrats on the PR, Charlie! :tu

Back day today, repped out on pulldowns to prefatigue, not much gas in the tank today.

Pulldowns 8 sets @ 200
Cable rows 240, 240, 260, 275, 290, 240
Barbell rows 205, 235, 265, 295
Pullups 2 sets to failure

Adriftpanda
06-21-2015, 11:17 PM
International Breast Day.

Incline press - 4x5 @ 195
Incline DB press - 4x8-10 @ 80
Chest press machine - 4x10 (I grabbed the neautral grip bar and placed it between the handles, worked as a decline press)
Seated cable flies - 5x10 (in between sets I would squeeze my chest for 10 secs)
Decline DB flies - 3x15 @ 40 (went really light but took it for a nice slow ride on every rep)

Super set some arms

Rope extensions - ez bar curls 4x15
Seated hammer curls - overhead DB extensions 4x12

Dips x2 to failure, around 20-25

swingerofbirches
06-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Good work, Huy!

Squats (front/wide/pause)
45x3 warmup
95x3
135x3
185x3

Dumbell Flat Bench / Incline Bench / Flys / Dips / Close Grip Bench

Cardio with the wife. :)

Adriftpanda
06-22-2015, 07:58 PM
Copied ya, was going to do back but decided on drumsticks today.

Squats - a little more narrow than usual. 10x8 @ 225 (3 second pause for the first 4, normal rep speed for the other 4)

Lying leg curls - 6x12-15 @80

Single leg press - 5x10-12 @165

Stiff leg deads - 4x20 @ 135

area51
06-22-2015, 08:45 PM
Chest and Tris

Flat Bench: 280 3x5 (New PR)
225 1x10

Fly Machine: 250 3x10

Incline Bench: 185 3x10

Cable Push down: 150 3x10
Rope Cable pull down: 130 3x10
Close grip bench: 175 3x8

Abs

icehog3
06-22-2015, 10:57 PM
Nice job, Charlie, Huy and Ken!

Half-assed shoulder day today. Got up late, got shorted on time, and has little motivation (or gas after late hockey last night). Will try to have a better day manana.

swingerofbirches
06-23-2015, 11:38 AM
Squats (front/close)
45x3 warmup
95x3
135x3
185x3
225x2
245x1

Deadlifts
135x10 warmup
225x5
285x5
315x3
325x1

Single Arm Dumbell Rows SS w/ Dumbell Hammer Curls
Set 1 - 80x10 / 35x10
Set 2 - 90x8 / 35x10
Set 3 - 100x7 / 35x10

Barbell Wide Standing Rows SS w/ Barbell Shrugs
135x10 / 135x10 warmup
Set 1 - 225x10 / 225x10 (pause)
Set 2 - 245x6 / 245x10 (pause)
Set 3 - 285x1 / 285x5

Got two sets into lat Pulldowns @ 140 before I started feeling a bit tweeky so I backed off em.

15min on treadmill at 3mph / 15 incline.

HIIT class tonight, if I can drag myself there lol

icehog3
06-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Awesome workout, Charlie!

I am almost embarrassed to say I did bis and tris today! :r Skipped legs as I have 3 games in the next 3 nights.

area51
06-23-2015, 03:53 PM
Skip legs. Blasphemy.

icehog3
06-23-2015, 05:24 PM
Skip legs. Blasphemy.

Try playing competitive hockey 4 nights outta 5 and then talk to me, Ken. ;) :r

Adriftpanda
06-23-2015, 07:12 PM
Skip legs? Good move! Lol I can't because I want turkey thighs, not chicken wings.

Had an awesome back day, weights felt so nice and easy today, maybe because I went light lol.

Warmed up with pulls ups 4x12-20, wide grip/med grip

Pull down machine, using neutral grip 5x10
Rear delt machine 6x12-15
Bent over bb row 4x8-10 @185 only time I looked at what weight I was doing
V grip lat pull down 5x8
Seated row machine (single arm) 4x10-12 using a good 2-3 sec pause
Pull ups 3x8-10 my back was on fiiiiia

swingerofbirches
06-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Don't blame you, Tom. Playing hockey is enough of a leg workout.

Nice lift, Huy! Sometimes you need a lift like that to feel good and get a pump while still giving yourself a bit of a break.

area51
06-24-2015, 06:52 AM
Try playing competitive hockey 4 nights outta 5 and then talk to me, Ken. ;) :r

Touche, I'll see myself out haha.

Speaking of legs I ran today. No matter how much I do it, it never becomes fun where I actually want to do it. I guess it's a necessary evil however.

icehog3
06-24-2015, 10:42 AM
Off day today, have another game tonight. Still up in the air whether I will take a second day tomrorow, playing it by "feel".

Keep swellin', Men! :tu

swingerofbirches
06-24-2015, 04:38 PM
Squats (back/close)
135x10 warmup
Set 1 - 225x5
Set 2 - 315x5
Set 3 - 365x3 (failed on 4th attempt)

Shoulder Day ...
Arnold Press SS w/ Front Plate Raise
5x10 @ 40lb dumbells / 25lb plate

Rope-Nose Pulls SS w/ Upright Cable Rows
3x30 @ 70 / 3x15 @ 50

Dumbell Shrugs SS w/ Plate Reverse Flys
3x10 @ 90lb dumbells / 3x15 @ 10lb plates

Barbell Shrugs
3x10 @ 225

I feel like I've lost a little bit of strength (and even size) the last week but did some digging regarding low carb/keto and loss and it's seems pretty typical but people seem to say that the size and strength returns after a month or so. Looking fwd to that :)

Sancho
06-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Nice sets! Keep working those squats Charlie!

Hotel workout for me the last two nights. Got to love a half a dumbbell rack, as in half the weights are missing. And just a ez bar with 1" plates for free weights.

Loaded it up tonight and went to it, worked as heavy as the equipment allowed, so about 110#s.
Because the weight was low, everything was for speed.

Inclines 5x5
Declines 5x5
Flat bench 5x5
Floor press 3x20
Squats 2x20
Ez bar curls 4x7
Db curls 5x30

area51
06-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Had to switch it up today because I have to run tomorrow .

Flat Bench: 235 3x10
Incline: 205 3x8

Preacher Curls: 100 3x8
Dumbell Curls: 55 3x8
Close grip Curls: 80 3x10
Reverse Curls: 40 3x10

Abs as always.

area51
06-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Squats (back/close)
135x10 warmup
Set 1 - 225x5
Set 2 - 315x5
Set 3 - 365x3 (failed on 4th attempt)

Shoulder Day ...
Arnold Press SS w/ Front Plate Raise
5x10 @ 40lb dumbells / 25lb plate

Rope-Nose Pulls SS w/ Upright Cable Rows
3x30 @ 70 / 3x15 @ 50

Dumbell Shrugs SS w/ Plate Reverse Flys
3x10 @ 90lb dumbells / 3x15 @ 10lb plates

Barbell Shrugs
3x10 @ 225

I feel like I've lost a little bit of strength (and even size) the last week but did some digging regarding low carb/keto and loss and it's seems pretty typical but people seem to say that the size and strength returns after a month or so. Looking fwd to that :)

Your squats are impressive.

swingerofbirches
06-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Nice sets! Keep working those squats Charlie!

Your squats are impressive.

Thanks much, guys! I was up to 405 before but couldn't quite get there today. The low carb/keto research helped put my mind at ease a bit. :)

Adriftpanda
06-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Shoulders and some tricycles today

DB side raise 5x8
Seated DB press 4x8 w/drop set
Side lat raise using cable (single) 4x12-15 - front plate raise 4x-12-15
Upright row 5x12-15 w/2 drop set
Cable front raise 5x10

Incline DB overhead extension (one at a time) 4x10
Rope extension 4x12
Overhead extension machine 4x12-15

area51
06-24-2015, 08:06 PM
Thanks much, guys! I was up to 405 before but couldn't quite get there today. The low carb/keto research helped put my mind at ease a bit. :)

When you're doing low carb, if your doing 1g per 1lb of protein do 1.5g while cutting. It'll help you keep your strength and recover.

Adriftpanda
06-24-2015, 08:48 PM
? 1 gram of carb per 1lb of protein?

If I'm consuming my normal 24-30oz of protein, you should just take in 2g of carbs? Am I reading this right?

Adriftpanda
06-24-2015, 08:50 PM
Charlie, what's your maintenance currently?

area51
06-24-2015, 09:47 PM
? 1 gram of carb per 1lb of protein?

If I'm consuming my normal 24-30oz of protein, you should just take in 2g of carbs? Am I reading this right?

Wow. I messed that up. When doing a low carb diet take in 1.5grams of protein per 1lb of body mass.

Adriftpanda
06-24-2015, 10:38 PM
That makes a little more sense to me lol. I didn't think you meant that. Hell, I sniff a bagel and that's 2g of carbs!

swingerofbirches
06-25-2015, 07:52 AM
My carb intake is really strict. I've done low carb before and usually count total carbs and stay under 40g/day. This time around, in an attempt to lose as little strength and muscle as possible i've been doing more of a net-carb intake of around 40-50g/day (really just to allow for Quest bars ... i'm so used to eating protein bars or Clif bars that my day feels all wonky if i don't have some kind of bar as a early afternoon (post-workout) snack.

My protein intake is way up and so is my fat ... i track my intake on most days and usually come up with 1g protein/lb of bodyweight. I'm usually right around 55% protein, 40% fat, 5% carbs.

Like I said, i've done low carb/keto before with really good results. So i know how to implement the fat loss portion of it (i'm seeing results from this last month already) but this is the first time i've done low carb after lifting heavily for a while so it's a new experience for me in that respect. I don't expect to drop a lot of fat and my muscle/strength to be unscathed ... i'd just like to retain (or bounce back) as much as possible.

Anyone else do low carb/keto? I wanna say i remember Tom saying that his carb intake is rly low on a daily basis (>50g?)?

Adriftpanda
06-25-2015, 09:01 AM
I keep everything simple now, I'm consuming around 180g of carbs and my protein intake, I just eat. I don't care how much protein I'm consuming but it's usually around 250-260g of protein.

I'm at work so I can't get too in depth with it. I'll explain my macro break down later when I'm at home.

icehog3
06-25-2015, 10:53 AM
My carbs are low for the most part, Charlie, though I don't do a strict count. Do eat berries for snacking so I am getting some simple sugar from those, but complex carbs are very limited (maybe a 1/2 - 1 piece of whole grain bread a day), almost no pasta, no potatoes, brown rice or qunioa a couple times a week. And a cheat day when my body and psyche needs one.

Adriftpanda
06-25-2015, 11:04 PM
Today was leg day along with some heavy benching

Leg press 8x12
Front squats 10x5
Seated leg curls 5x12-15

Flat bench 3x5
Flat DB 5x8
Incline hammer strength 4x10

swingerofbirches
06-26-2015, 10:33 AM
Good lift, Huy!

Squats (back/close)
Warmup - 135x5
Set 1 - 235x5
Set 2 - 315x5
Set 3 - 365x3
Set 4 - 405x2
Set 5 - 405x1

Good Mornings
Set 1 - 135x10
Set 2 - 235x5
Set 3 - 285x5
Set 4 - 315x3

Standing Barbell Rows SS w/ Barbell Shrugs
Set 1 - 225x10 / 225x10
Set 2 - 225x8 / 225x10
Set 3 - 225x5 / 225x8
Set 4 - 285x2 / 285x5

Flat Bench Press SS w/ Close Grip Flat Bench Press
3x30 @ 45 / 3x15 @ 45

Adriftpanda
06-26-2015, 12:08 PM
315 good morning? That's impressive!

icehog3
06-26-2015, 02:04 PM
Nice job, Men. Killin' it!

High rep day on bench, followed by a dew heavy declines and some high rep bodyweight dips.

Bench: 235, 255, 285, 295, 305, 295, 275, 245, 225
Decline: 315, 365, 315, 275
Dips 5 sets to failure

Adriftpanda
06-26-2015, 08:50 PM
Back. Pretty good day.

Stiff arm lat pull downs 5x10-15
Reverse grip lat pull down 4x8-10
T bar row 6x8-10 w/2 drop sets
Seated row machine 4x10
High pull down machine 3x12

Preacher curl machine 7x15-8 (15 sec rest)
DB curls 4x8
Reverse grip ez bar curl 4x10 (negatives)

icehog3
06-26-2015, 11:24 PM
Nice workout, Huy...gonna hit back in the morning as well.

swingerofbirches
06-27-2015, 01:37 PM
That sounds like a good back/bis workout, Huy!

I was a little surprised @ hitting 315 for 3 reps. My form wasn't perfect but it was passable. I've only been doing GMs for a little while now but I love em! I feel like it's helped me already when it comes to my squat and deadlift form/back positioning.

Squatted and did some light calves today ... pretty light day, all around volume wise.

Squats (front/close)
Set 1 - 95x5
Set 2 - 135x5
Set 3 - 185x3
Set 4 - 225x3
Set 5 - 255 (failed on this one lol)

Calves (leg press machine)
3x10 @ 630

icehog3
06-27-2015, 03:32 PM
How many days in a row now, Charlie? You are a machine!

Back today....bounced up and down in weight on bent over rows, holding the contraction on the light sets for a 2 count. Just felt good, no other rhyme or reason to the bouncing.

Bent over rows 205, 205, 245, 205, 265, 205, 285, 205, 295, 205
T-bar rows 225, 250, 270, 250
Widel cable rows 220, 240, 260
Narrow grip cable rows 260, 260, 220
5 sets of pullups to failure

swingerofbirches
06-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Today was Day49, Tom. You're the King of Rows!

Squats (front/wide/3sec pause)
Warmup - 45x5
Set 1 - 95x3
Set 2 - 135x3
Set 3 - 185x3
Set 4 - 225x2 ... I really had to fight to get the second one up after the pause but it felt rly good to come back up with it. Didn't bother trying for 255 again today lol

area51
06-28-2015, 01:42 PM
Friday was squats and bi's

Squats: 295 3x5
315 1x5

Today was deadlifts

345 3x5

I really want to start a new deadlift routine. I feel like I'm going to plateau soon.

swingerofbirches
06-28-2015, 02:05 PM
Nice squat & DL #'s Ken!

icehog3
06-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Good days, Ken and Charlie!

King of Rows? I could live with that. :r

Shoulder day today. Left shoulder (the bad one) kept me up a good part of the night and was still hurting when I got up. Wasn't sure I was going to be bale to train, but first set told me I could get through it, even with the discomfort. I only did presses and shrugs, but I even bounced around a little on the presses like I did yesterday on the rows, kept me interested and motivated anyway. :r

Military press 135, 155, 175, 195, 155, 205, 155, 185, 135
Barbell Shrugs 225, 255, 285, 315, 365, 315, 275

Adriftpanda
06-28-2015, 09:05 PM
Easy leg day.

Leg extensions 4x10-12
Hack squats 5x10
Deadlifts 4x5
DB lunges 4x10
DB stiff leg deads 4x10

Baby cow raises 4x20

swingerofbirches
06-29-2015, 07:00 AM
Get it, Tom! 365 shrugs! Baller!

Get them hack squats, Huy! Walking lunges are no joke either. Good stuff man!

GreekGodX
06-29-2015, 10:32 AM
Gym got a heavier kettlebell :) I weighed the heaviest they have and it is 28kg. New one is 32kg.

75+20 reps=95 swings at 32 kg
Abs
Speed Bench 3x5 225 different grip width on each set
Cold Shower

I really should have done measurements before changing my workout and diet. My waist is definitely smaller, abs are more visible, and overall just leaner. I think the target date for a routine change is end of July. Probably going to move over to something with higher volume.

swingerofbirches
06-29-2015, 12:59 PM
Glad your switch up in routine is yielding you results, Christos!

Squats (front/narrow/pause)
Warmup - 45x3
Set 1 - 95x3
Set 2 - 135x3
Set 3 - 185x3
Set 4 - 225x3
Set 5 - 245 - bailed on this one :(

Flat Bench SS w/ Dumbell Close Grip Bench
Incline Bench
Flys SS w/ Dip Machine

Battle Ropes ... Incline Treadmill