PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2012 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

icehog3
01-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Some 2012 threads for indivdual teams up already, but this one can be for all things baseball, or for teams without as many fans as the Yankees.

Bad news right off the bat for my Detroit Tigers....Victor Martinez expected to miss most of the season after tearing his ACL during off-season conditioning.

SteelCityBoy
01-17-2012, 07:36 PM
The big question for me and all of Pittsburgh is......

Can the Pirates finally have a winning season! That's all we want as far as baseball is concerned!!!! It's been 19 consecutive years of losing!!! Just one season over .500 please!!!

The people of Pittsburgh deserve winning baseball again! Hopefully this will be the year!

Jasonw560
01-17-2012, 07:37 PM
We'll see who the Rangers get tomorrow....Prince Fielder or Yu Darvish.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Go Sox:D

elderboy02
01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
The Reds have made some awesome moves this offseason by signing Mat Latos, Sean Marshall, and Ryan Madson. I am expecting big things from them this year.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Sox could be in the hunt for two of Cuba's top players, Cespedes and Soler. With the White Sox history with Cuban players, those two players know how good Chicago is towards the Island natives. Plus we have Dayan Viciedo and the Cuban Missile Alexei Ramirez campaigning for us. And let's not forget 2005 and the great Cuban players that won the Championship:D
Man I would die to get those two players on the South Side.

Stephen
01-21-2012, 10:51 AM
We're still realistically a year away from competing, but it'll be fun watching the young guys continue to grow. Plus, Kansas City is hosting the All-Star game, so there's a level of excitement here for baseball that I haven't seen in a few years. Go Royals!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3375/3511229597_e9eb8851d7_z.jpg?zz=1

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-21-2012, 11:07 AM
I love this picture. Any other city have all 4 major Championships in the past 30 or so years? And Sir Jerry is in a league of his own. Bulls and Sox. Nuff said.
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/.a/6a00d8341c60fd53ef01348683c2f7970c-800wi

The Poet
01-21-2012, 11:15 AM
We're still realistically a year away from competing, but it'll be fun watching the young guys continue to grow. Plus, Kansas City is hosting the All-Star game, so there's a level of excitement here for baseball that I haven't seen in a few years. Go Royals!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3375/3511229597_e9eb8851d7_z.jpg?zz=1

Well, this certainly raises MY level of excitement! :D

GreekGodX
01-21-2012, 11:26 AM
I love this picture. Any other city have all 4 major Championships in the past 30 or so years? And Sir Jerry is in a league of his own. Bulls and Sox. Nuff said.

Boston has won all 4 in the past 10 years :)

Waiting to see what the Tigers decide to do with Martinez being out. That bat will be hard to replace. Getting a healthy Boesch back will help.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-21-2012, 11:46 AM

Waiting to see what the Tigers decide to do with Martinez being out. That bat will be hard to replace. Getting a healthy Boesch back will help.

You could argue the Pats. I really don't see them as a part of Boston. Isn't Foxboro a good 45 mins south of Boston? I guess that's close enough for Boston to take claims:r

Jasonw560
01-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Dallas is next to win all 4. Just need the Rangers to get over the hump, so to speak. Great chance to do that this year.

Stephen
01-21-2012, 11:59 AM
I was gonna say, as much as I'd like to, how could one forget about Bahston?

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-21-2012, 12:20 PM
I was gonna say, as much as I'd like to, how could one forget about Bahston?

Who cares about Boston?:r

kelmac07
01-21-2012, 12:54 PM
That picture has me rooting for KC. :dr :dr

gorob23
01-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Some 2012 threads for indivdual teams up already, but this one can be for all things baseball,

I HATE baseball :sl
Rob ;s

icehog3
01-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Love the trophy pic, Nate!

Somebody told me they were looking at acquiring Alfonso Soriano.

Please, God, no. :hn

Stephen
01-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Whenever my fiancé and I go to the ballpark, we play this cute little game that helps keep her interested. I kiss her on the strikes and she kisses me on the balls.

kelmac07
01-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Whenever my fiancé and I go to the ballpark, we play this cute little game that helps keep her interested. I kiss her on the strikes and she kisses me on the balls.

:r :r :r

Mr.Erskine
01-21-2012, 07:48 PM
The big question for me and all of Pittsburgh is......

Can the Pirates finally have a winning season! That's all we want as far as baseball is concerned!!!! It's been 19 consecutive years of losing!!! Just one season over .500 please!!!

The people of Pittsburgh deserve winning baseball again! Hopefully this will be the year!

Likewise with the Nats. Okay, so we don't have 19 years, but... We had some promise with Frank Robinson, and then Dumbass Riggleman.

Looks like we have some promise in this season, coming, though! GO NATS!

VirtualSmitty
01-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Likewise with the Nats. Okay, so we don't have 19 years, but... We had some promise with Frank Robinson, and then Dumbass Riggleman.

Looks like we have some promise in this season, coming, though! GO NATS!

The Nats are on the right path. If the lineup stays relatively healthy and that Harper kid works out, they have a pretty potent mix of pitching and offense. The bullpen leaves much to be desired apart from Clippard and Storen, but there's hope!

GreekGodX
01-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Somebody told me they were looking at acquiring Alfonso Soriano.

Please, God, no. :hn

Heard that too, Pops. I will swear off baseball if that happens. Carlos Pena was the favorite until he signed back with the Rays. I wish Illitch would take a Red Wings approach and just sign Prince Fielder. I know there is zero chance of that but it would be awesome.

Some rumors going around that Delmon Young's brother and former Tiger Dmitri Young, wants to make a comeback. I'm not excited about that option either. There's also Hideki Matsui, Bobby Abeau, Resigning Ordonez, Vlad Gurerro, Manny Ramirez, Trading for Carlos Lee, Johnny Damon and Derek Lee. It's a matter of taking a gamble on the right guy. A lefty would be preferred considering the Tigers right handed heavy lineup. I think it would be better if we could find someone to bat behind Cabrera rather than in front of him.

icehog3
01-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Agree on pretty much all counts, Son.

Mr.Erskine
01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
The Nats are on the right path. If the lineup stays relatively healthy and that Harper kid works out, they have a pretty potent mix of pitching and offense. The bullpen leaves much to be desired apart from Clippard and Storen, but there's hope!

I've been keeping half an eye because I want to see if these pitching moves are finally going to pay-off. Werth was a joke of a move, but it did seem to motivate others in the roster. I'm looking forward to this season.

GreekGodX
01-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Heard that too, Pops. I will swear off baseball if that happens. Carlos Pena was the favorite until he signed back with the Rays. I wish Illitch would take a Red Wings approach and just sign Prince Fielder. I know there is zero chance of that but it would be awesome.

Some rumors going around that Delmon Young's brother and former Tiger Dmitri Young, wants to make a comeback. I'm not excited about that option either. There's also Hideki Matsui, Bobby Abeau, Resigning Ordonez, Vlad Gurerro, Manny Ramirez, Trading for Carlos Lee, Johnny Damon and Derek Lee. It's a matter of taking a gamble on the right guy. A lefty would be preferred considering the Tigers right handed heavy lineup. I think it would be better if we could find someone to bat behind Cabrera rather than in front of him.

Mr. I answered my wish!! Tigers sign Prince Fielder today, 9 years $214million :wo Now what to do when Vmart comes back from injury..

Prince Fielder Signing (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7498284/detroit-tigers-reportedly-land-prince-fielder-214m-offer)

My next wish, Mr. Illitch is for my own 9 year $214million contract. Or a job in the front office when I graduate :D

Blak Smyth
01-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Mr. I answered my wish!! Tigers sign Prince Fielder today, 9 years $214million :wo Now what to do when Vmart comes back from injury..

Prince Fielder Signing (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7498284/detroit-tigers-reportedly-land-prince-fielder-214m-offer)

My next wish, Mr. Illitch is for my own 9 year $214million contract. Or a job in the front office when I graduate :D

Man I was hoping the money could be borrowed for the Dodgers to sign him.
Congrats!

kelmac07
01-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Cody Ross os close to signing a one year $ 3 million deal with the Red Sox. This is a great fit for the Red Sox. Wish the Mets would have signed him.

VirtualSmitty
01-24-2012, 03:51 PM

Cabrera and Fielder is quite the one two punch.

icehog3
01-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Cabrera and Fielder is quite the one two punch.

The rest of that division could merge into one team and they still won't beat the Tigers now. ;)

Taki
01-25-2012, 05:55 AM
Congrats D on signing Prince but...let see what everyone thinks???
As it sits right now (knowing a lot more could happen), whos going to win the AL and the NL?? I will try and stay neutral on this as hoping everyone else will but GO PHILLS!!! :wo

Mattso3000
01-25-2012, 06:01 AM
Now Detroit has two immobile and chubby first baseman. Color me jealous. Really... no sarcasm intended.

01-25-2012, 07:34 AM
Now Detroit has two immobile and chubby first baseman. Color me jealous. Really... no sarcasm intended.

Two chubby immobile 1B that haven't missed any games lately too. While Cabby might be a defensive liability at 3B, at least he knows the position. This year should be fun but I can't imagine next year if Martinez comes back. Those three bats in the same lineup would be unbelievable.

Come on Christos, ask and you'll receive. Start wishing for a title!!!

Mattso3000
01-25-2012, 07:40 AM
I said I was jealous...:tu

GreekGodX
01-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Two chubby immobile 1B that haven't missed any games lately too. While Cabby might be a defensive liability at 3B, at least he knows the position. This year should be fun but I can't imagine next year if Martinez comes back. Those three bats in the same lineup would be unbelievable.

Come on Christos, ask and you'll receive. Start wishing for a title!!!

I still am waiting for Leyland to say Miggy is moving to 3rd. If that's the cause Cabrera better stop drinking now and get chasing some chickens!

Forget Vmart! What about Boesch coming back and having Delmon Young for a full season. This season is going to be fun.

My wish will come soon :)

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-25-2012, 08:21 AM
I would just say that coming from the NL to AL is a big swing for any player. I don't know exactly the type of hitter Prince is and what he likes as far as pitches go and his swing tendencies, but if he doesn't study tape day and night he will most likely struggle for a while. The key will be to LEARN from your mistakes.... I'm calling Dunn out on this one:gary

icehog3
01-25-2012, 09:14 AM
I would just say that coming from the NL to AL is a big swing for any player. I don't know exactly the type of hitter Prince is and what he likes as far as pitches go and his swing tendencies, but if he doesn't study tape day and night he will most likely struggle for a while. The key will be to LEARN from your mistakes.... I'm calling Dunn out on this one:gary

If Fielder has a season 1/10th as pitiful for the Tigers this year as Adam Done had for the White Sox last year, I will eat my Tigers cap.

Jasonw560
01-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Congrats D on signing Prince but...let see what everyone thinks???
As it sits right now (knowing a lot more could happen), whos going to win the AL and the NL?? I will try and stay neutral on this as hoping everyone else will but GO PHILLS!!! :wo

AL-Rangers.
NL- Pirates. :r

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-25-2012, 09:56 AM
If Fielder has a season 1/10th as pitiful for the Tigers this year as Adam Done had for the White Sox last year, I will eat my Tigers cap.

Dunn made history last season.. He was so damn bad it made you wonder if he even wanted to play. I'm definitely not saying Fielder we come close to what Dunn did last year, I'm just saying it's not easy for anyone to make a first time League change. Anything can happen though.

E.J.
01-25-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't know, even in the sport of Baseball, how a guy that appears that out of shape, isn't going to break down as he ages. That is a LONG and HEAVY contract for a guy that looks like he lives at McDonalds and didn't see a donut he didn't eat....

Then again, he puts up numbers....:sh

01-25-2012, 10:18 AM
I don't know, even in the sport of Baseball, how a guy that appears that out of shape, isn't going to break down as he ages. That is a LONG and HEAVY contract for a guy that looks like he lives at McDonalds and didn't see a donut he didn't eat....

Then again, he puts up numbers....:sh

True. Although I'll take the clogged arteries if the numbers come with it. Their heart conditions likely won't affect them until after retirement. :D

Mr.Erskine
01-25-2012, 11:21 AM

You know what happens when bloated players are given bloated contracts, right? THey ****.

kelmac07
01-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Not sure if Cabrera can hold it down at third base. He last played the position about 80 pounds ago.

GreekGodX
01-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Prince's weight will be fine. He turned vegetarian a few years ago. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just maintain :)

crazyirishman
01-25-2012, 02:26 PM
I think that the signing of Prince Fielder was not the best possible move roster wise.

Unless we pitch V-Mart for some extra spending cash, there's going to be some locker room tension, unless they rotate Miggy and Prince at first base, but I'm sure that he made the Tigers guarantee him an everyday playing spot for signing since he wasn't really the happiest to be here anyway.

GreekGodX
01-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Just heard from Leyland during Prince Fielder's press conference that Cabrera will be playing 3rd base. Good news is Tigers don't have to deal with Inge's bat in the lineup everyday. Bad news is Tigers will probably be one of worst defensive teams in baseball. Cabrera better get on that diet plan now.
Posted via Mobile Device

GreekGodX
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
I think that the signing of Prince Fielder was not the best possible move roster wise.

Unless we pitch V-Mart for some extra spending cash, there's going to be some locker room tension, unless they rotate Miggy and Prince at first base, but I'm sure that he made the Tigers guarantee him an everyday playing spot for signing since he wasn't really the happiest to be here anyway.

From the reports I heard, they asked Cabrera if he was alright with the signing and possibly moving or sharing time at 1st before it happened. So no tension in the lockeroom. Plus the one thing that will always squash locker room tension is, winning. Let's see how the season plays out. I can see an argument that it was too much money or too many years but not that there will be tension. Too much talent is a good problem to have.
Posted via Mobile Device

icehog3
01-26-2012, 01:27 PM
From the reports I heard, they asked Cabrera if he was alright with the signing and possibly moving or sharing time at 1st before it happened. So no tension in the lockeroom. Plus the one thing that will always squash locker room tension is, winning. Let's see how the season plays out. I can see an argument that it was too much money or too many years but not that there will be tension. Too much talent is a good problem to have.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not to mention that VMart is a non-factor for 2012. Let's get a title in 2012, then we can worry about 2013. ;)

shilala
01-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Prince can stroke the ball, but he clogs up the bases. I'm trying to get my head around the numbers, and it's a mystery to me. Add speed and defense to that power and it makes sense, but damn, man.
I think he's going to do well this year and only continue to get better, but the weight is definately going to start wrecking his body long before 9 years is up. That's just common sense. Fortunately he can DH now, that's where I expect to see him halfway through contract year #5.
I do love the fat bastage. Nice to see Detroit taking care of Jimmy Leland. I love that sumb1tch, too. :tu

icehog3
01-26-2012, 02:59 PM
I wish Leyland was my grandpa.

kelmac07
01-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Prince can stroke the ball, but he clogs up the bases. I'm trying to get my head around the numbers, and it's a mystery to me. Add speed and defense to that power and it makes sense, but damn, man.
I think he's going to do well this year and only continue to get better, but the weight is definately going to start wrecking his body long before 9 years is up. That's just common sense. Fortunately he can DH now, that's where I expect to see him halfway through contract year #5.
I do love the fat bastage. Nice to see Detroit taking care of Jimmy Leland. I love that sumb1tch, too. :tu

Clogs up the bases? He's 3X faster than Cabrera.

icehog3
01-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Clogs up the bases? He's 3X faster than Cabrera.

Prince and Miguel can jog the bases after jacking 'em out of Comerica. ;)

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-26-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm looking forward to see how Ventura does this year for Chicago..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh4yNl6mVj4

icehog3
01-26-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm looking forward to see how Ventura does this year for Chicago..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh4yNl6mVj4

Can't do much worse than he did in the fight versus Old Man Nolan. :lr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HddrB7F66iM

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Can't do much worse than he did in the fight versus Old Man Nolan. :lr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HddrB7F66iM

You call that a "fight":r

icehog3
01-26-2012, 11:17 PM
You call that a "fight":r

One guy was in one. ;)

icehog3
01-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Ventura was a "shoot the puck" contestant at the Hawks game I was at Tuesday night. He was better at baseball than he was at hockey....and fighting. :lr

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-26-2012, 11:20 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/sportsnetChicago/search/v/46754987/best-of-white-sox-on-ventura.htm

I don't know, we'll see what happens. He was a hell of a player, hell of a guy, maybe he can be a hell of a manager.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-26-2012, 11:22 PM
One guy was in one. ;)

Nolan maybe got his girly hands on him a few times:r

icehog3
01-26-2012, 11:30 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/sportsnetChicago/search/v/46754987/best-of-white-sox-on-ventura.htm

I don't know, we'll see what happens. He was a hell of a player, hell of a guy, maybe he can be a hell of a manager.

Now if only he had Verlander, Scherzer, Cabrera, Fielder, Valverde, Avila and Delmon Young. ;)

Nolan maybe got his girly hands on him a few times:r

Rather beat someone with girly hands than take a beating from them! :D

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Now if only he had Verlander, Scherzer, Cabrera, Fielder, Valverde, Avila and Delmon Young. ;)

Nah, we'll be fine with what we have. If we see any improvement from Rios, Bacon, and Dunn then we'll be there towards September.. Then things get interesting. I think the biggest thing is playing well as a team, and hopefully Robin can bring a good vibe to the Sox.

Also, did you jump ship to the Tigers Tom?

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Hoping Cespedes and/or Soler sign today. I'd imagine it will be soon if not today. Concepcion is close to signing from what I hear too.

icehog3
01-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Also, did you jump ship to the Tigers Tom?

In 1967.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-27-2012, 09:14 AM
In 1967.

Gotcha:r I always thought you were Cubs only. Which team do you root for in a Cubs/Tigers WS? Don't say both:D

icehog3
01-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Gotcha:r I always thought you were Cubs only. Which team do you root for in a Cubs/Tigers WS? Don't say both:D

Grew up in Detroit, but Mom was from the North side of Chicago.

Even though I'd love to see the Cubs win a WS after 100+ years of misery, if they are playing Detroit, I gotta go with the Tigers.

Blackhawks - RedWings would be the exact opposite. :r

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Grew up in Detroit, but Mom was from the North side of Chicago.

Even though I'd love to see the Cubs win a WS after 100+ years of misery, if they are playing Detroit, I gotta go with the Tigers.

Blackhawks - RedWings would be the exact opposite. :r

I have an idea, let me know what you think Tom... Chicago really only needs one MLB team, so let's merge the Cubs with the Sox, dissolve bad contracts/managment, and consolidate the balance sheet and income statements. That would give the White Sox some serious cash for players:r:r Also, you would never have to worry about a Cubs-Tigers WS.

Stephen
01-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Not sure if Cabrera can hold it down at third base. He last played the position about 80 pounds ago.
And wasn't that good even then.

kelmac07
01-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Phillies sign Juan Pierre to a minor league deal. Another great move by the Phils.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Phillies sign Juan Pierre to a minor league deal. Another great move by the Phils.

Juan can't field worth crap.. His speed is still there, and I know he's a team player and he always busts his a$$, I just cry whenever I see him in left for the Sox:r

icehog3
01-27-2012, 03:43 PM
I have an idea, let me know what you think Tom... Chicago really only needs one MLB team, so let's merge the Cubs with the Sox, dissolve bad contracts/managment, and consolidate the balance sheet and income statements. That would give the White Sox some serious cash for players:r:r Also, you would never have to worry about a Cubs-Tigers WS.

And have the Sox play at Wrigley? :noon

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-27-2012, 03:47 PM
And have the Sox play at Wrigley? :noon

I'm fine with that if this merger were to happen:D

icehog3
01-27-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm fine with that if this merger were to happen:D

And bring back Dusty Baker?

The Poet
01-27-2012, 04:15 PM

If you brought back Shoeless Joe, you might have something. :D

icehog3
01-27-2012, 04:29 PM
If you brought back Shoeless Joe, you might have something. :D

If I build it, he will come?

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-27-2012, 11:07 PM

Dusty is fine.. Shoeless Joe comes though.

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Just got a text saying the Sox signed Kosuke Fukudome:gary

Pseudosacred
02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
The Twins have always been my team. Now, I don't really ever expect anything from them...because, well, you all probably know. They do alright every year, just never anything spectacular. We had Thome, he hit his 500th HR and then traded him. I believe he wanted to go, though?

This year we got Mastrionni from the Jays.

We're also processeing 18 year old Miguel Sano. This kid is just awesome. Last season he hit .292, slugged 20 home runs and drove in 59 runs.

Another reason we need him, Luke Hughes sprained his shoulder pretty badly.

Any other Twins fans? Or am I alone...as always hahahaha

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-14-2012, 10:56 AM
The Twins have always been my team. Now, I don't really ever expect anything from them...because, well, you all probably know. They do alright every year, just never anything spectacular. We had Thome, he hit his 500th HR and then traded him. I believe he wanted to go, though?This year we got Mastrionni from the Jays.

We're also processeing 18 year old Miguel Sano. This kid is just awesome. Last season he hit .292, slugged 20 home runs and drove in 59 runs.

Another reason we need him, Luke Hughes sprained his shoulder pretty badly.

Any other Twins fans? Or am I alone...as always hahahaha

Thome hit his 500th for the White Sox, I was at the game:D
Thome had maybe 1 or 2 good years left in him after he left the Sox.

Pseudosacred
02-14-2012, 09:45 PM
My bad, all I remember is that it was a pretty landmark thing that happened right before or right after his departure.

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-14-2012, 09:57 PM
My bad, all I remember is that it was a pretty landmark thing that happened right before or right after his departure.

Yeah he hit #500 late in the 2007 season. It was a walk off too.. I had plans later in the evening so we were just about to get up and leave the park when he hit it. Glad we stayed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so9VXpxK5RM&feature=related

Thome hit #600 with the Twinkies, so maybe that's what you're thinking.

Pseudosacred
02-15-2012, 12:39 PM
TWINKIES?! :gary

That's the number I was looking for :tu

Must have not been thinking :sh

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-29-2012, 09:55 AM
So who's ready for Spring Training? First game for the Sox is March 5th vs. LA Dodgers.

kelmac07
02-29-2012, 10:11 AM
As ready as I'm gonna be for this year. At least on opening day, my Mets will be in first place. Won't be able to say that the rest of the year. :bh :bh

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-29-2012, 10:14 AM
As ready as I'm gonna be for this year. At least on opening day, my Mets will be in first place. Won't be able to say that the rest of the year. :bh :bh

Well I'm hoping for a full blown disaster in Detriot for my Sox to do anything:r

Stephen
02-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Because I'm too lazy to look it up, how far did they move the fences in? Also, were they lowered any?

kelmac07
02-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Because I'm too lazy to look it up, how far did they move the fences in? Also, were they lowered any?

The Mets are moving in portions of the outfield wall at Citi Field as much as 12feet and lowering the height of the home run line to 8 feet throughout the outfield. The outfield wall will become blue in 2012 concurrent with the Mets 50th Anniversary season. The home run line and distance markers will remain orange.

The Mets will erect a new wall in leftfield starting between the New Era and Caesars signs and angled to the Citi sign in left-centerfield (see renderings below). The new wall will be closer to home plate by approximately 4 feet in leftfield and up to approximately 12 feet in deep left-centerfield.

A new wall will start in right-centerfield and extend toward the bullpen, and be as much as approximately 11 feet closer to home plate. The fence in front of the Mo's Zone/Modell's Clubhouse will move in approximately 10 feet. The distances from home plate to centerfield and the foul poles in leftfield and rightfield will remain the same.

Stephen
02-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the info!:tu

Islayphile
02-29-2012, 01:33 PM
MLB Bans Gun From Appearing on Commemorative Houston Astros Uniform

:rolleyes:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/mlb-bans-gun-from-appearing-on-commemorative-houston-astros-uniform/

44stampede
02-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Got a friend coming over for breakfast Sunday morning (Sat evening east coast US) to watch first game of spring training for the Jays. Hope to at least battle for a wild card this year :)

03-01-2012, 10:53 AM

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/mlb-bans-gun-from-appearing-on-commemorative-houston-astros-uniform/

LAME!!!

BTW, I heard Prince Fielder hit some 600+ ft bomb in BP. Yea it's only BP, but it still makes me :D

BigAsh
03-01-2012, 11:48 AM
The Mets are moving in portions of the outfield wall at Citi Field as much as 12feet and lowering the height of the home run line to 8 feet throughout the outfield. The outfield wall will become blue in 2012 concurrent with the Mets 50th Anniversary season. The home run line and distance markers will remain orange.

The Mets will erect a new wall in leftfield starting between the New Era and Caesars signs and angled to the Citi sign in left-centerfield (see renderings below). The new wall will be closer to home plate by approximately 4 feet in leftfield and up to approximately 12 feet in deep left-centerfield.

A new wall will start in right-centerfield and extend toward the bullpen, and be as much as approximately 11 feet closer to home plate. The fence in front of the Mo's Zone/Modell's Clubhouse will move in approximately 10 feet. The distances from home plate to centerfield and the foul poles in leftfield and rightfield will remain the same.

and with that slugging line-up...look out!!...:r:r....but they still have Mike Pelfrey :noon....speaking of which...

Q: What is the difference between Mike Pelfrey and bowling icon Walter Ray Williams, Jr.?

wait for it...

A: Walter Ray Williams, Jr. knows how to throw a strike.

:r

kelmac07
03-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Ouch!! Keith is in mid season form. :r :r

BigAsh
03-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Ouch!! Keith is in mid season form. :r :r

No worries folks, I'll be here all season!....Gotta keep you grounded Mac, don't want your high Mets expectations running away with you...:D

03-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Anyone see the "Perfect Club" commercial? JV did pretty well.

jonumberone
04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
This made me chuckle

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/robert-andino-face-displays-toll-playing-orioles-173610101.html

Coach Deg
04-11-2012, 02:54 PM
How about those Rays!!!!! 4 against Verlander in the 9th

kelmac07
04-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Mets still in first place (tie) for another day. :D

Jasonw560
04-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Rangers 4-1, Darvish and Feliz both got W's in their first outings as starters. The boomsticks are picking up where they left off.

04-12-2012, 10:56 AM
How about those Rays!!!!! 4 against Verlander in the 9th

Unreal. JV was rolling a 1-hitter coming into the 9th. What a let down.

Starscream
04-12-2012, 08:02 PM
This made me chuckle

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/robert-andino-face-displays-toll-playing-orioles-173610101.html

:r

Starscream
04-12-2012, 08:04 PM

That sucks, but what better opportunity than ever to have a uniform with Billy Dee Williams holding a 40 oz. Colt 45 right on the center!:banger

04-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Verlander gets his first win of the year and a complete game. He struck out the las out with a 100 mph pitch, his 131st pitch of the game.

icehog3
04-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Verlander gets his first win of the year and a complete game. He struck out the las out with a 100 mph pitch, his 131st pitch of the game.

:D

04-17-2012, 12:11 PM

It's almost not fair. ALMOST.

VirtualSmitty
04-17-2012, 07:26 PM

He's the best in the game right now imho :2

pnoon
04-17-2012, 07:27 PM
He's the best in the game right now imho :2

I just noticed your avatar! :lr :lr :lr

VirtualSmitty
04-18-2012, 06:05 AM
I just noticed your avatar! :lr :lr :lr

We need shirts!

Fun night of baseball yesterday. Watched the Yankees handfily beat the Twins, caught some of a very tightly played Nats game game, and watched the BlowSox get absolutely smoked. Love this MLB games package :D

Jasonw560
04-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Looking forward to the Rangers/Tigers series. Going to be a great one early in the season. Either a 2/2 split or Rangers take it 3/1.

icehog3
04-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Looking forward to the Rangers/Tigers series. Going to be a great one early in the season. Either a 2/2 split or Rangers take it 3/1.

Or Tigers take it 3/1 would work for me. ;)

Jasonw560
04-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Or Tigers take it 3/1 would work for me. ;)

It COULD happen. I don't think it will, but it could.

I'm being an optimist.

icehog3
04-19-2012, 01:14 PM
It COULD happen. I don't think it will, but it could.

I'm being an optimist.

I'm trying to be a jackhole. ;) :r

Blak Smyth
04-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Kemp homered again, but I have a feeling we are going to blow this win like we did last night.

Jasonw560
04-19-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm trying to be a jackhole. ;) :r

You're succeeding. :D :r

I'm trying NOT to be one.

Jasonw560
04-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Did the Tigers and Red Sox switch uniforms tonight?

CigarSquid
04-19-2012, 08:31 PM
My A's are hitting pretty good for being A's.

That Cespedes is a beast. I am going to the Tigers @ A's game on May 12th. Diamond seats baby!

icehog3
04-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Did the Tigers and Red Sox switch uniforms tonight?

Bad night for the Tigers' bullpen, and it won't be the last. Truly the middle relief could be their Achilles' Heel.

shilala
04-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Curtis Granderson, 5/5, 3 home runs. Not a bad night's work. :tu

icehog3
04-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Love me some Granderson.

shilala
04-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Mike Napoli has effectively pulled his head out of his ass this week, too. Seems like all the slow starters are busting out, except Miguel Cabrera.
I think these guys fall in love withthe couch and it takes some time to shake the dust off.

Blak Smyth
04-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Curtis Granderson, 5/5, 3 home runs. Not a bad night's work. :tu

Holy hell that is a great week let alone a single night!

Matt Kemp another homer last night, Dodgers record another win. I thought we were gonna blow it though.

04-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Mike Napoli has effectively pulled his head out of his ass this week, too. Seems like all the slow starters are busting out, except Miguel Cabrera.
I think these guys fall in love withthe couch and it takes some time to shake the dust off.

He wasn't loafing in the offseason. He lost quite a bit of weight. He's looking pretty good so far at 3rd base. It seems like he's breaking out of his little slump.

CigarSquid
04-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Holy hell that is a great week let alone a single night!

Matt Kemp another homer last night, Dodgers record another win. I thought we were gonna blow it though.

Your a Dodger fan?

We got your old left over, who is still suspended. Manny... Disgust!

kelmac07
04-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Congrats to Phil Humber on his perfect game...the 21st in MLB history. :tu :tu

Another one the Mets let get away. :bh :bh

icehog3
04-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Dropped third strike almost cost Humber the perfect game.

Valverde made it interesting as usual in game 2 of the Tigers - Rangers doubleheader. Man, that guy is a waking heart attack.

Tigers can get the split tomorrow.

Pseudosacred
04-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Was a great day of ball yesterday. I went back and watched Humbers whole game...man it was great. Seattle had no idea what to hit

Today might be bad. My Twins play Tampa.......

Lirianos starting, I hope he dumps all over their lineup!

icehog3
04-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Tigers bullpen does it again. :hn

Blak Smyth
04-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Man, Houston is killing us today!

icehog3
04-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Texas beats the Tigers three outta four.

Josh Hamilton and Mike Napoli have 13 homers between them.

Miguel Cabrera and Price Fielder have 6. Hell, Austin Jackson has more HRs than Prince. Time for the bats to come around...Tigers are going to need them considering their middle relief is pitiful.

Jasonw560
04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Rangers need to get this series against the Evil Empire.

Islayphile
04-23-2012, 08:49 PM

Chalk up 1 for the Empire

jonumberone
04-24-2012, 07:48 AM

Not sure why Texas would need this series. :confused:
They have a 5.5 game lead on Oakland and the Angles can't seem to get out of their own way.
If they do lose the series, they'll be fine.

kelmac07
04-24-2012, 08:20 AM
I thought it was very fitting that "Pudge" threw out the first pitch at Texas yesterday...and threw from home to second. :tu :tu

jonumberone
04-24-2012, 12:38 PM
I thought it was very fitting that "Pudge" threw out the first pitch at Texas yesterday...and threw from home to second. :tu :tu

I actually thought it was a bit overdone.
He should've just started out behind the plate and made the throw.
No reason to march him out to the mound first, and have the PA guy make an announcement.
Just seemed forced to me. :sh

Jasonw560
04-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Not sure why Texas would need this series. :confused:
They have a 5.5 game lead on Oakland and the Angles can't seem to get out of their own way.
If they do lose the series, they'll be fine.

Bragging rights.

icehog3
04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
And the Tigers bullpen blows yet another Verlander game. :hn

kelmac07
04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Delmon Young is being charged with a hate crime for a man he assualted in NY. WTF???

jonumberone
04-27-2012, 09:54 PM
And the Tigers bullpen blows yet another Verlander game. :hn

Rocky Pen's seem to be the norm around the league thus far.
Except for the Yanks, their pen is great.
It's their starters that blow! :r

While the pen did blow it, this wasn't one of his better starts.
Verlander doesn't have a career win in Yankee stadium.
In his last 3 starts there he has failed to go more than 6 innings.
Curious numbers from a guy who seems to throw 120 pitches every outing.

Jasonw560
04-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Rangers' 'pen has been outstanding. Love this Robbie Ross kid, and Ogando is great as always. Nathan was a decent pick up for closer. Prefer Feliz in that role, and bringing Feldman back to start. But it is what it is.

icehog3
04-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Delmon Young is being charged with a hate crime for a man he assualted in NY. WTF???

Waiting for the truth on this one, sounds a bit fishy to me.

icehog3
04-28-2012, 12:30 AM
5 losses in a row thanks to the Tigers' bullpen (or should I say their lack of one).

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/thumbsdown-1.jpg

jonumberone
04-28-2012, 05:30 PM
5 losses in a row thanks to the Tigers' bullpen (or should I say their lack of one).

Almost let another one get away.
I hadn't realized how much the tigers pen had fallen off.

icehog3
04-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Almost let another one get away.
I hadn't realized how much the tigers pen had fallen off.

Valverde has been awful, Benoit shaky, and the rest of them just plain suck. :hn

Jasonw560
04-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Valverde has been awful, Benoit shaky, and the rest of them just plain suck. :hn

Now you know why the Rangers got rid of Benoit.

jonumberone
04-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Was shocked to see LA come away with a sweep over DC.
Granted, it was without Zimmerman and Morse, their two best offensive players.
I thought DC was legit, but wasn't sure about the Dodgers.
They started off hot against the likes of the Pad's and Buc's, and I thought they were just riding Kemp's hot bat.
They are definitely riding Kemp's bat, but they are playing well across the board!

icehog3
05-07-2012, 11:20 PM
And the Tigers bullpen blows yet another stellar starting performance. If the Tigers had even a mediocre bullpen, they would be in first place.

Blak Smyth
05-08-2012, 05:24 AM
And the Tigers bullpen blows yet another stellar starting performance. If the Tigers had even a mediocre bullpen, they would be in first place.

I could have used Fister's win on my fantasy team too.

kelmac07
05-08-2012, 07:17 AM
What's everyone think about the Cole Hamels suspension? He admintted to throwing at Harper, which I thought was complete "bush league". Harper has none games under his belt and has played hard and said the right things to the media. Wondering what warranted this beaning???? Are the Phils worried that Harper is stealing some of their thunder? Maybe if they weren't in the cellar of the NL East, they'd get some positive press. :2

CigarSquid
05-08-2012, 07:26 AM

I will be seeing them Saturday in Oakland! The way the Tigers have been playing, It should make for a good game.. As long as the A's stay how they have been, as well.

Diamond Seats baby! Right behind home plate!

Jasonw560
05-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Josh Hamilton. 4 HRs in one game. 18 bases. If he stays healthy, it could be a race to see if either he or Kemp can win the all-elusive Triple Crown.

icehog3
05-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Josh Hamilton. 4 HRs in one game. 18 bases. If he stays healthy, it could be a race to see if either he or Kemp can win the all-elusive Triple Crown.

Amazing game for Hamilton.

Stephen
05-09-2012, 05:02 AM
They could both win one this season. They play in different leagues.

Bigwaved
05-09-2012, 06:09 AM
Wondering what warranted this beaning????
Fear.

Blak Smyth
05-09-2012, 06:15 AM
What's everyone think about the Cole Hamels suspension? He admintted to throwing at Harper, which I thought was complete "bush league". Harper has none games under his belt and has played hard and said the right things to the media. Wondering what warranted this beaning???? Are the Phils worried that Harper is stealing some of their thunder? Maybe if they weren't in the cellar of the NL East, they'd get some positive press. :2

Didn't Harper steal home? I would guess it was an immature gesture to teach Bryce a lesson?

Bigwaved
05-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Was shocked to see LA come away with a sweep over DC.
Granted, it was without Zimmerman and Morse, their two best offensive players.
I thought DC was legit, but wasn't sure about the Dodgers.
They started off hot against the likes of the Pad's and Buc's, and I thought they were just riding Kemp's hot bat.
They are definitely riding Kemp's bat, but they are playing well across the board!
A blown save and no offense could not overcome the great starting pitching (both squads got solid starts all series). The Nats handed another one away last night with a walk-off dinger to the Pirates. They need Storen and Lidge back to get H-rod out of the closer spot. He stresses out and loses the little control has has harnessed. Zimmerman and LaRoche returned last night, but Werth is not gone for at least 12 weeks and Morse is still a ways out. They will not have their full roster available until way after the All-star game. They will be facing a decision with when to shut down Strasburg the last 3rd of the season as well.

Blak Smyth
05-09-2012, 06:17 AM
A blown save and no offense could not overcome the great starting pitching (both squads got solid starts all series). The Nats handed another one away last night with a walk-off dinger to the Pirates. They need Storen and Lidge back to get H-rod out of the closer spot. He stresses out and loses the little control has has harnessed. Zimmerman and LaRoche returned last night, but Werth is not gone for at least 12 weeks and Morse is still a ways out. They will not have their full roster available until way after the All-star game. They will be facing a decision with when to shut down Strasburg the last 3rd of the season as well.

I hope Storen is back soon, I have him on my Fantasy DL.

jonumberone
05-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Didn't Harper steal home? I would guess it was an immature gesture to teach Bryce a lesson?

Hamels threw at Harper to say "welcome to the big leagues"
Harper stole home after the fact.
I honestly have no issue with it, and don't think he deserved the suspension.
I even like the comments Hamels made afterwards, and agree with him.
Pitchers like Bob Gibson and Don Drysdale threw at guys all the time.
No one called them bush, and both are in the hall.
I think baseball would be served well if the pitchers are allowed to take back the plate.
I also believe there is a right way and a wrong way to hit someone.

CigarSquid
05-09-2012, 07:05 AM
Brandon Inge, walk off grand slam last night in Oakland. I think I scared my neighbor since it was kinda late when that game ended.

Blak Smyth
05-09-2012, 07:21 AM
I think baseball would be served well if the pitchers are allowed to take back the plate.

I was wondering if the steal was before or after, kinda makes it cooler on Harper's end that he stole home after the hit. I don't think Hamel's should have lied about it being intentional, I like that he was honest about it.
Honestly you pay me millions of dollars and I will take a couple shots from Hamels :tu

Bigwaved
05-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I hope Storen is back soon, I have him on my Fantasy DL.He may start throwing by the end of this week.

Bigwaved
05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Hamels is no Gibson or Drysdale. They did not need to run their mouth about where they threw the ball or why. That was the rub with this one. That was the "bush" part of it. The suspension was a direct response to his big mouth. His pie hole forced them to do it.

jonumberone
05-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Hamels is no Gibson or Drysdale. They did not need to run their mouth about where they threw the ball or why. That was the rub with this one. That was the "bush" part of it. The suspension was a direct response to his big mouth. His pie hole forced them to do it.

While I agree Hamels is no Gibson or Drysdale, part of what made them so great was their ability to pitch inside and intimidate hitters.
That is a tool not available to today's pitchers.

They were mean, nasty, and fierce competitors.
Gibson once threw at Reggie Jackson in an old timers day.
And they always ran their mouth to the players they hit.

Here are some quotes

"I hated to bat against (Don) Drysdale. After he hit you he'd come around, look at the bruise on your arm and say, 'Do you want me to sign it?'" - Mickey Mantle

"My own little rule was two for one. If one of my teammates got knocked down, then I knocked down two on the other team." - Don Drysdale

I couldn't find any direct quotes from Gibson, but it was never a mystery as to what he did on the mound.
I think the big difference is today, Harper getting hit is a story, 50 years ago it would have only been a footnote.

I also don't see how fans aren't upset about the pitch, just what was said.
Iv'e always admired straight shooters and try not to waste my time with people who look me in the eye and lie to me. :2

kelmac07
05-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I just don't understand the plunking for the sake of "welcome to the big leagues". I recall Hamels being a top prospect when he came up and also do not recall anyone hitting him. Granted, he is a pitcher...but nonetheless. I thought the whole "I meant to hit him" was complete bush league. Hamels should have kept his mouth shut and went about his business.

jonumberone
05-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I just don't understand the plunking for the sake of "welcome to the big leagues". I recall Hamels being a top prospect when he came up and also do not recall anyone hitting him. Granted, he is a pitcher...but nonetheless. I thought the whole "I meant to hit him" was complete bush league. Hamels should have kept his mouth shut and went about his business.

Every rook that hits the field isn't going to get plunked, nor should they.
The whole "welcome to the big leagues" isn't meant to be taken literally.
The message is "you're in the majors now, you're not as good as everyone told you you are", it's an ego check.
Why Harper?
I can't think of a rookie that has come up with as much hype and fanfare as Harper has.
Harper handled it well, he made Hamels pay, and embarrassed him when he stole home.

I agree Hamels should've kept his mouth shut, I just don't think everyone should be acting like they're shocked, because he said he did it.

Bigwaved
05-09-2012, 08:53 PM
While I agree Hamels is no Gibson or Drysdale, part of what made them so great was their ability to pitch inside and intimidate hitters.
That is a tool not available to today's pitchers.

They were mean, nasty, and fierce competitors.
Gibson once threw at Reggie Jackson in an old timers day.
And they always ran their mouth to the players they hit.

Here are some quotes

"I hated to bat against (Don) Drysdale. After he hit you he'd come around, look at the bruise on your arm and say, 'Do you want me to sign it?'" - Mickey Mantle

"My own little rule was two for one. If one of my teammates got knocked down, then I knocked down two on the other team." - Don Drysdale

I couldn't find any direct quotes from Gibson, but it was never a mystery as to what he did on the mound.
I think the big difference is today, Harper getting hit is a story, 50 years ago it would have only been a footnote.

I also don't see how fans aren't upset about the pitch, just what was said.
Iv'e always admired straight shooters and try not to waste my time with people who look me in the eye and lie to me. :2
As far as today's pitchers not being able to establish the inside of the plate goes, I agree. They are not allowed to do that anymore.

Hamels did not go to Harper and ask him if he wanted an autograph after the game. He was not trying to establish the inside of the plate either. This was not a story until he ran his mouth after the game to a reporter. Before that, it was over with. He beaned the kid. He was hit on his 1st plate appearance as payback. That should have been it.

TJarv
05-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Some damn good games on right now

icehog3
05-10-2012, 01:14 AM
...and the Tigers bullpen gets yet another loss. :hn

kelmac07
05-10-2012, 05:05 AM
Mets continue to surprise me...SWEEP the Phillies. :wo :wo

icehog3
05-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Tigers beat the A's, but Brandon Inge hits his second grand slam of the week since being picked up on waivers from Detroit. Glad for him, he is a class act...and glad it wasn't enough the beat the Tigers. :)

CigarSquid
05-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Great smack. I thought they had life for a minute. I'll be there Saturday!

icehog3
05-11-2012, 11:31 PM
A's pound the Tigers, and Inge hits yet another home run...a 3 run shot in the 6th. 8 RBIs for Brandon in 2 games versus his former team.

CigarSquid
05-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Thank you guys for him. Hope the A's save some of it for tonight when I'm there.

icehog3
05-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Thank you guys for him. Hope the A's save some of it for tonight when I'm there.

Though I don't like to see the Tigers lose, I am happy for Inge....he was a great "team guy" for a long time, and I hope his surge continues (well, except for tonight. ;))

CigarSquid
05-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Inge is awesome. I was in the seats right behind home plate.. He acknowledged me most of the times I said something to him.. Lots of laughs and talking to people around the team. I am excited to have him on the team.

What an awesome game last night.. Great seats.

icehog3
05-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Finally, Valverde and Benoit don't blow a 2 hitter by Verlander.

CRIMPS
05-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Rangers didn't just beat the Angels last night... they embarrassed them. Rangers ERA against Weaver for his career is now at 5.22. They are scary good right now.

jonumberone
05-14-2012, 08:36 AM
What has happened to the closers this year?
At least 6 have already lost their jobs, and it seems the box scores are just littered with blown saves.

CRIMPS
05-14-2012, 08:44 AM
At least 6 have already lost their jobs, and it seems the box scores are just littered with blown saves.

Yes, tough year for Closers. I saw some stat that Bullpens have been generally bad. Not sure where I saw that, though.

Blak Smyth
05-14-2012, 08:49 AM

Yah I have 5 closers on my fantasy team now, I had mid relief guys to collect holds and now they are all closing. I don't have enough RP spots available to use them all. Considering the 2 closers I drafted where either out for the season or on the DL, I got pretty lucky to have these closers. Let me know if you need one Dom, haha.

kelmac07
05-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Mets never really had a closer to start the season with. :r

jonumberone
05-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Mets never really had a closer to start the season with. :r

They didn't plan on having a lead after the first! :D

05-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Tigers blew a 5-2 lead against the White Sox. Smyly stuggled for the first time. I hope he bounces back. He's been huge so far. Fielder broke out of his slump too it seems. Still not smashing but hitting at least.

They are so frustrating. The Tigers left 13 on base. I don't know the official stats but they MUST be leading the league in total LOB for this season. They were 3 for 17 with RISP!!

kelmac07
05-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Still shocked that after 35 games, my Mets are 20-15. I would have thought they would be like 10-25 and 10-12 games outta first place. Still enjoying it while I can. :D D

Blak Smyth
05-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Matt Kemp on the 15 day DL, this is gonna hurt if my slackers do not step up on my fantasy team. The Dodgers need to have Eithier play well and thankfully AJ Ellis is doing well, gonna need a couple others to step up. We have a ton of injuries right now.

CRIMPS
05-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Cy Young candidate, Bruce Chen, shuts down the Rangers. :rolleyes:

jonumberone
05-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Still shocked that after 35 games, my Mets are 20-15. I would have thought they would be like 10-25 and 10-12 games outta first place. Still enjoying it while I can. :D D

Mets have done a nice job so far.
They are a very scrappy team.

Tigers blew a 5-2 lead against the White Sox. Smyly stuggled for the first time. I hope he bounces back. He's been huge so far. Fielder broke out of his slump too it seems. Still not smashing but hitting at least.

I really thought they would run away with that division.
There are a lot of surprises in the league if you you look at the standings.

On the positive side:

Dodgers: let's see how they do without Kemp
B'more: Just a matter of time but Buck has done a good job here
Cleveland : Lowe looks like he turned back the clock.
Cards: Albert who?

On the negative side

Boston: I thought they would take a step back, not fall of a cliff
Phills: With Utley and Howard out they couldn't hit, but I expected them to pitch. They haven't!
Reds: Decent enough, but I expected them to run away with the division
Miami: Playing better now
Angels: :td There are no words!

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Good start to the Sox and Tribe game

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Viciedo reminds me a lot of the Big Hurt..

icehog3
05-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Real pitchers' duel.... :rolleyes: :lr

TheTraveler
05-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Just gotta say Nice Game Mets! :)

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Real pitchers' duel.... :rolleyes: :lr

Jake threw the ball pretty bad, but our offense picked him up. Going for the sweep today!

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-27-2012, 11:45 AM
HBD Big Hurt
http://theghostofmoonlightgraham.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/frank-thomas.jpg

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Paul Konerko hits HR #400 in a White Sox uniform, 48 behind Frank now.

SteelCityBoy
05-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Pirates got their first sweep of 2012!!! Yeah! Thank you Cubbies! :D

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Pirates got their first sweep of 2012!!! Yeah! Thank you Cubbies! :D

Sad day for Cub fans, 12 losses in a row.

The White Sox can at least make Chicago proud:D

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Sox are riding a 7 game win streak in first place. Let's hope they keep it up for Chicago.
Posted via Mobile Device

theonlybear4CORT
05-30-2012, 12:12 AM
Giants are looking good again.

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Giants are turning it around
Posted via Mobile Device

kelmac07
05-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Mets only 1 1/2 games out of first...who would of thought? Not me. :wo :wo

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Sox are on a tear! First place at the end of May?? I didn't see that coming at all.

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-30-2012, 07:50 PM
And I thought Joe West made bad calls...
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/hawk-harrelson-rages-against-umpire-during-white-sox-215258514.html

icehog3
05-31-2012, 12:34 AM
Tigers bullpen blows yet another game. The epitome of an "Achille's Heel". :2

Blak Smyth
05-31-2012, 06:01 AM
Well Matt Kemp is back but not starting off on a tear.
He had a good minor league appearances but hasn't looked great in the majors again yet.

kelmac07
05-31-2012, 09:39 AM
Well Matt Kemp is back but not starting off on a tear.
He had a good minor league appearances but hasn't looked great in the majors again yet.

And he reaggrevated his injury last night...looks like more time on the DL.

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-31-2012, 09:43 AM
And he reaggrevated his injury last night...looks like more time on the DL.

Not good at all for LA. Why push his return? I say give him as much time as he needs, LA is a playoff team and will need a healthy Kemp.

icehog3
05-31-2012, 02:01 PM
Kemp was on the radio today and said the injury feels much worse than the first time....not too promising.

06-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Tigers looked like the team we expected last night. Good start by Max, followed by 9 straight hitters retired by the bullpen (Coke, Benoit, Valverde). Big game for Berry with some timely hits by Miggy and Prince. It would be nice to see this kind of performance become the rule rather than the exception.

kelmac07
06-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Congrats to Johan Santana...he pitches the first no hitter in Mets history, beating the Cardinals 8-0. :wo :wo

688sonarmen
06-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Congratulations Mets!

icehog3
06-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Oye Como Va!

Dave128
06-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Way to go, Mets!

kelmac07
06-01-2012, 09:18 PM
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/kelmac07_photo/595x416_santana_nohitter_p4ynq3f1_84ntf4g7.jpg

CigarSquid
06-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Congrats to Santana.

My A's are playing like sh!t.. 9 game losing streak.. It was fun while it lasted to be around the 500 mark.

ChicagoWhiteSox
06-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Congrats to Santana and the Mets! Great to see that for the Mets, I hope they continue to play good ball.

Chicago has played good ball, 9 game win streak and I'm loving it:)

Blak Smyth
06-07-2012, 02:25 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSabNc7y6i3Gj_LohoFAuie3nHi7MWHB gm6dahEaHNm0Kr86Du3AFXNxHqecQ

icehog3
06-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Red pitcher Pedro Borbon died Monday, he was one of the standouts of the Big Red Machine's pitching staff in the 70's.

Borbon was immortalized (and flattered) in the movie "Airplane" as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CahNAauFgys

icehog3
06-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Tigers skipped a place in their rotation this week with the day off, so Verlander will pitch Thursday at Wrigley versus the Cubs, and I will be there. :)

icehog3
06-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Matt Cain just finished off a perfect game for the Giants Vs. Houston.

Cain tied Sandy Koufax for most strikeouts in a perfect game (14).

Heading to Wrigley tomorrow, hoping for something similar from Justin Verlander.

CRIMPS
06-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Matt Cain just finished off a perfect game for the Giants Vs. Houston.

Cain tied Sandy Koufax for most strikeouts in a perfect game (14).

Heading to Wrigley tomorrow, hoping for something similar from Justin Verlander.

How cool was that! I am not a San Fransisco fan, but that was a lot of fun to watch. I expected a lot more emotion from his wife. ;s

MLB Network did a great job with the coverage, too.

kelmac07
06-14-2012, 05:12 AM
Congrats to Matt Cain!!

Dave128
06-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Congratulations to Cain! That's quite the accomplishment!

jonumberone
06-14-2012, 06:28 PM

Glad you got to see a win, Tom!
If I go see the Yanks Vs the Toledo Mud Hens, chances are, the Yanks will lose.
Such is my luck. ;)
I didn't realize this was Verlander's first win in almost a month.
I knew Detroit was struggling a bit, but figured they were at least winning his starts.

icehog3
06-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Glad you got to see a win, Tom!
If I go see the Yanks Vs the Toledo Mud Hens, chances are, the Yanks will lose.
Such is my luck. ;)
I didn't realize this was Verlander's first win in almost a month.
I knew Detroit was struggling a bit, but figured they were at least winning his starts.

Thanks Dom, it was crazy as it seemed like there were more Tiger fans at Wrigley than Cubs fans. Delmon Young hit a sky high foul ball that was caught by a guy about 4 feet from me.

Verlander hasn't been too bad, but the Tigers bats have been sleeping in his last few starts. Great to see a win, suprising that it was Jackson's power that one it, rather than Cabrera or Prince.

And c'mon, I bet the Yankees would beat the Mudhens 3 out of 5. ;) :r

jonumberone
06-15-2012, 04:05 AM
And c'mon, I bet the Yankees would beat the Mudhens 3 out of 5. ;) :r

That's why the World Series is best of 7! :D

ChicagoWhiteSox
06-24-2012, 03:43 PM
White Sox acquire Kevin Youkilis. Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess he's better than what we have right now.

jonumberone
06-24-2012, 03:44 PM
White Sox acquire Kevin Youkilis. Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess he's better than what we have right now.

Youk is a good player!
A change of scenery will do him good! :2

ChicagoWhiteSox
06-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Youk is a good player!
A change of scenery will do him good! :2

Hopefully he comes ready to play

kelmac07
06-24-2012, 04:50 PM
I think he's gonna come with a chip on his shoulder to prove some people wrong. Hope it works out for him. With Lillibridge the Sox get yet another outfielder...what's that makes, 13 this year? :r :r He came up as a SS/2B.

ChicagoWhiteSox
06-24-2012, 05:09 PM
I think he's gonna come with a chip on his shoulder to prove some people wrong. Hope it works out for him. With Lillibridge the Sox get yet another outfielder...what's that makes, 13 this year? :r :r He came up as a SS/2B.

Lillibridge turned into a utility player, a good one too.

icehog3
06-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Lillibridge turned into a utility player, a good one too.

I thought so too, and was wondering how WS fans would feel about this trade. I guess a lot will hinge on how Youk performs.

ChicagoWhiteSox
06-25-2012, 08:43 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120624&content_id=33859202&vkey=news_cws&c_id=cws

icehog3
06-25-2012, 11:01 AM
How do you feel about the trade, Nate?

ChicagoWhiteSox
06-25-2012, 12:06 PM
How do you feel about the trade, Nate?

I feel good about it right now. We needed a third baseman, and Youk is proven. He's coming in with something to prove and hopefully he can add a spark to the club too. Brent was a very good utility player, Stewart was not all that great for us. I'll miss Brent, but I think Youk will help us get to post season and hopefully make a deep run. I don't think Kenny is done adding pieces either..

Starscream
06-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Non Reds fans chip in: Was the Chapman roll/flips out of line or simply a quick celebration to mentally prove that he's "back".

theonlybear4CORT
06-27-2012, 04:50 PM
#sweep la

Way to go Giants!

kelmac07
07-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm glad to see Melky Cabrera making the squad...but Sandoval beating out Wright for the start at third base??? :td :td R.A. Dickey better be the starter.

And with Kemp hurt, I'd like to see McCutchen get the start.

kelmac07
07-03-2012, 05:05 AM
Bryce Harper is impressing me more and more...:tu :tu

ATLANTA -- Chipper Jones has enjoyed seeing the enthusiasm Bryce Harper has brought to baseball stadiums on a daily basis since making his much-anticipated debut. Now he has even more reason to respect the young Nationals outfielder.

When placed on the same Final Vote Ballot as Jones on Sunday, Harper did not campaign to gain his first All-Star selection. Instead, he showed his respect for the game by saying that he felt the Braves' 40-year-old third baseman deserved to go.

"I texted him last night and said, 'That's a very classy thing for a 19-year-old kid to say,'" Jones said. "I think he's going to be in his fair share of All-Star Games throughout the years. He's an unbelievable talent. I just let him know I appreciated what he said. It was classy."

"[Jones] should have already been in the All-Star Game no matter what," Harper said on Sunday. "He's an All-Star, and he's been an All-Star for 20 years. I think Chip should have been there and, like I said, if I had a vote, Chip's going."

kelmac07
07-04-2012, 03:19 AM
No disrespect to Brewers fans...but no way Braun should be starting in place of Kemp. I believe that the nod should have been given to McCutchen and they year he and the Pirates are having.

While there numbers are close, Pirates are in first place, Brewers, six games back.
Braun: .309 BA, 23 HR, 58 RBI, 13 SB, .604 SLUG %, .993 OPS
McCutchen: .360 BA, 16 HR, 54 RBI, 14 SB, 612 SLUG %, 1.024 OPS

:2

ChicagoWhiteSox
07-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Sox rocked the best team in baseball last night. 19-2. Youk is showing well so far too:D

Jasonw560
07-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Sox rocked the best team in baseball last night. 19-2. Youk is showing well so far too:D

I was wishing the MLB had a mercy rule last night.

ChicagoWhiteSox
07-04-2012, 11:49 AM
I was wishing the MLB had a mercy rule last night.

No mercy will be shown from any South Sider:r

icehog3
07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
No mercy will be shown from any South Sider:r

Especially Richie Daley's nephews. ;)

ChicagoWhiteSox
07-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Especially Richie Daley's nephews. ;)

:r:r

kelmac07
07-09-2012, 11:17 AM
LaRussa opts for Matt Cain as opposed to RA Dickey to start for the NL All Stars tomorrow. This is another complete slap in the face to the Mets. First Pablo Sandoval wins the fans vote over David Wright with numbers not even close and now this?? WTF?? This is total BS!!! :td :td :td

icehog3
07-09-2012, 04:12 PM
First trip to Fenway this weekend, a great ballpark...Thank you, Vin! :D

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/GreenMonster.jpg

kelmac07
07-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I wanna hear about the sticks you smoked Tom. :D

icehog3
07-09-2012, 04:36 PM
I wanna hear about the sticks you smoked Tom. :D

But this is the baseball thread, Mac!

How 'bout them Tigers? :D

kelmac07
07-09-2012, 04:48 PM
But this is the baseball thread, Mac!

How 'bout them Tigers? :D

But we all know part of that package was that you wouldn't be smoking your sticks...just what Vin pulled out of his collection. :D

icehog3
07-09-2012, 04:49 PM
But we all know part of that package was that you wouldn't be smoking your sticks...just what Vin pulled out of his collection. :D

I did not smoke a single one of my own sticks, Mac, though I managed to give lots away. The boys in MA. took good care of me. :)

kelmac07
07-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Damn fine All Star game...those Giant earned their money. Really glad to see Melk Man get the MVP. Still wanted to see Dickey start...but I'll get over it.

ChicagoWhiteSox
07-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Damn fine All Star game...those Giant earned their money. Really glad to see Melk Man get the MVP. Still wanted to see Dickey start...but I'll get over it.

JV gave the game to the NL in the first:rolleyes:

icehog3
07-11-2012, 02:30 PM
JV gave the game to the NL in the first:rolleyes:

He wants to start on the road in the World Series. ;)