Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Iphone 7

So anyone upgrade to the iPhone 7 yet?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and last Friday I took advantage of the Promo that AT&T was running where you trade in your iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, or 6S plus for a credit of $650 on NEXT. I elected to purchase the iPhone 7 Plus Matte Black in 128 gig. It will supposedly be here 11/4 to 11/11 so it will be a little while until I get it. I probably wouldn't have upgraded if they hadn't ran the promotion. I goofed around with one in the store and think it's a pretty good upgrade. I use my phone quite a bit for email and internet. I like the 3D touch stuff since you can usually cut out at least one step sometimes 2 in getting to where you need to get to do something. Anyone else have one, or have any experience with AT&T shipping? The person in the store said they wouldn't charge my CC until the phone shipped since I had to pay sales tax and the difference in the $650 credit and the $869 price of the 7 Plus.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Iphone 7

My 128meg, 7 in space gray shows up tomorrow. I didn't have any plans to upgrade my 6 either, but figured I'd take advantage of Verizon's promo too.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:13 PM   #3
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

My wife has the 7 and she likes it a lot, but getting used to the new home button took a bit.

I ordered a 7+, which is supposed to arrive by the end of October, but may ship sooner.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #4
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I have the 7+ in the flat back, 128mb. Love it, the haptic home button takes a few times to get used to but it's not a deal breaker or anything, I keep reading people are freaking out over it, I think they just have been out of their safe spaces too long.

It's wicked fast and wicked smooth.

Love the screen, even thought only new mac screens have the wide gamut so that's the only way to see the real difference for color in pictures, everything else looks better as well and the 2x zoom is awesome.

This is a terrible picture to take, but this is at night, new moon, no lights on expect what you see, I'm about 50 yards away from that house, this is just a regular picture from my balcony to test night shots.

I'm pretty sure on my 6 that would have just been a black, highly pixelated screen with an incredible amount of noise. It's pretty impressive you can see the wood fencing there at the back of the house.

Oh and the pics are huge, silly me I emailed the large version and it was too big to upload here.

AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:21 PM   #5
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

Funny you posted this. I just went with the wife and we are doing the verizon upgrade as well. They said ours should be in my October 19th. Any recommendations on cases? I have a lifeproof on my iPhone 5s now.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:56 PM   #6
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Well a friend of mine is the head of Marketing for Lifeproof....so
Old 09-28-2016, 05:16 AM   #7
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

upgraded from a 5s to 7 and other than trying to get used to the home button I am happy with it.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:02 AM   #8
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Discount? LOL
Old 09-28-2016, 07:08 AM   #9
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Thanks for the replies guys.

I goofed with the one in the store and had a little hiccup or two with the new home non button button too, but I don't think it will be hard to grow accustomed to.

Hey Michael I have had Otterboxes on all my iphones for a while with the exception on 1 and I had a Mophie battery case for my 5 that was awesome.

The Otterbox Defender is definately a great protective case, but on my iPhone 6 plus I decided to put a Zagg Glass screen protector on it and wow, that is awesome compared to the cheapo plastic one built into the Defender. That piece of crap doesn't even fit down on the screen and leaves a gap which is a pain. So when I put the Zagg on it I had to do surgery on the case and do a removal of the built in screen protector which also makes the case a little less stable since it's so big.

Anyhoo, I am thinking seriously of going with something different for the new 7. Considering a Otterbox Commuter or Symmetry, or maybe a different brand altogether.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:19 AM   #10
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Remember to pick up the correct drill bit to open up the headphone jack...

Old 09-28-2016, 07:53 AM   #11
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Remember to pick up the correct drill bit to open up the headphone jack...

yep
Old 09-28-2016, 09:12 AM   #12
AdamJoshua

Lifeproof = Otterbox now lol. For my last phone I used one of the Tech21 chases and really liked it.

I don't mind the lack of headphone jack at all, you get a little adapter in the box for older head phones and by removing that jack they were able to not only save room but that's part of the waterproofing, that and removing the physical home button.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #13
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

RA

I've been using Bluetooth headsets for so long that I cannot remember the last time I used the headphone jack...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:09 AM   #14
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

i have had life proof cases on my last two iPhones and have been mostly pleased but they are expensive and it seems like they break down after about a year. On the one I have now the rubber on the sides has been wearing off. Also, I am tired of dealing with the port cover every time i plug or unplug my phone. How waterproof are the 7's If they're half way descent then I won't really need the waterproofing of the life proof. plus 100+ for a phone case just seems silly.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
Old 09-28-2016, 11:43 AM   #15
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So you're saying you can get us a deal? Group buy?
Old 09-28-2016, 01:26 PM   #16
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba View Post
i have had life proof cases on my last two iPhones and have been mostly pleased but they are expensive and it seems like they break down after about a year. On the one I have now the rubber on the sides has been wearing off. Also, I am tired of dealing with the port cover every time i plug or unplug my phone. How waterproof are the 7's If they're half way descent then I won't really need the waterproofing of the life proof. plus 100+ for a phone case just seems silly.
I never had a lifeproof. I have had several Otterbox Defender's though and I gotta say they are pretty good for lasting. I have had the current one for almost 2 years and the only thing wrong with it is the flap that covers the charging port is worn a little so that it makes it hard to get it loose so I can plug it in. Other than that it's still as good as the day I bought it. And at only half the price of a Lifeproof too. I have looked at all kinds of reviews and different brands of case to get for my 7 plus when it gets here, but will probably just stay with what I know. Prolly an Otterbox and a Zagg Glass + screen protector.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:19 PM   #17
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

RA

I have only had a regular plastic or bumper style case. I had one iPhone (3s) where the screen shattered after a drop -- but still worked due to the Zagg screen cover. My Applecare contract covered it, so all was good.

The new phones are supposed to be waterproof, so I am going to continue to go with the bumper case -- they are a lot cheaper and the phone is a lot less bulky to carry.

I have not done the Zagg screen cover since the iPhone 5 days... I'm a gambler

Just my

Old 09-28-2016, 03:28 PM   #18
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
So you're saying you can get us a deal? Group buy?
I've never even asked her for a regular cover.

Oh and what I meant was Lifeproof bought Otterbox so same thing now.

Water proof test, also worth noting that all waterproof degrades over time, it's just something they spray on the device and it wears off, while some of it is due to thing like removing the physical home button, other items such as the ports are just treated with a chemical coating.

https://youtu.be/3-DtMyn7jfo
Old 09-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #19
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ

Quote:
I've never even asked her for a regular cover.

Oh and what I meant was Lifeproof bought Otterbox so same thing now.

Water proof test, also worth noting that all waterproof degrades over time, it's just something they spray on the device and it wears off, while some of it is due to thing like removing the physical home button, other items such as the ports are just treated with a chemical coating.

https://youtu.be/3-DtMyn7jfo
So are you going to ask her now?
Old 09-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #20
AdamJoshua

No I don't like those huge tank like cases, I just get cheep rubbery ones with the ribbed (for her pleasure) bumper guard corners, like the Tech21 has.