Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #1
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Enclave figurado

This is a newer cigar from AJ Fernandez. It's more of a petite saloman shape, 6.5" and 52 ring gauge.

Very nice looking cigar. Rosado wrapper, Cameroon binder, Nicaraguan fillers. Once clipped, it has a perfect draw.

Right off the bat, this cigar doesn't disappoint. Nice flavors, full "strength", nice aroma. Sweet on the draw, spice in the nostrils, noticeable sweetness on the finish.

A few touch ups to the burn at first. I find that this is common with this shape of cigar. Once the burn goes past the tapered foot, it starts burning better.

About 1" in...man this is a tasty smoke. The sweetness has become more pronounced, but the spice is still present in the nose. The sweetness lingers on the palate between draws. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the sweetness is from the Cameroon binder. I remember a similar mouthfeel and sweetness from the old Oliva Grand Cameroon. As I type with the cigar between my teeth, the aroma coming from the foot is NICE. It's a very "cigar" smell, but a little woodsy and spicy. I am digging this smoke so far.

About 2" in...man, what a smoke. The sweetness is still very upfront, but the general spice flavor has taken on more of what I call a "baking spice" flavor. I really can't say enough about the sweet flavor of this cigar. Coupled with the spice, it's like smoking some kind of yummy baked goodness.

About halfway...the overall "strength" of the cigar has subsided a bit, still a solid medium. Sweetness is still very pronounced, but the nose has taken on a more woodsy note.

A little past halfway...the sweetness is still present on the draw, but the woodsy flavor has taken over in the nose and on the finish.

Toward the end...similar. Still sweet, prominent woodsy flavors in the nose and on the finish. A hint of anise on the palate between draws. I let 'er die at around 1". Checking the prices on these, they around around $6 a stick retail. A great value. I would probably buy a box of these at retail.

Final thoughts: What a smoke! AJ has rarely disappointed me, so I was expecting a good cigar, but I gotta say, the Enclave is one of the most memorable and easily one of the best cigars I've smoked in 2015.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:07 PM   #2
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Enclave figurado

Great review! AJ Fernandez is an excellent blender and I enjoy his cigars quite a bit.
Weelok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:03 AM   #3
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the review! I've been smoking the Enclave Torros and they're way up on my current favorite list.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:56 PM   #4
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Informative review Mark. Thank you
Old 02-11-2016, 09:18 PM   #5
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

Went ahead and snagged a box of these. Smoking one now. What a great cigar.

Hope this doesn't break a rule, but The Party Source has great prices on boxes. Their price on these was a full $20 lower than anyone else.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:51 AM   #6
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

very good cigar, think i'll light one right now