Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #1
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about
Default Wedding Cigars Help

Our daughter is getting married in October and we are having it at a country club that has a patio where we can smoke cigars if it's not raining. I think this is great, but my wife who is also a cigar smoker doesn't want us out there all night. I'm looking for suggestions for a short, but larger RG cigar that I can put out for the few of us who might want to step outside and celebrate with a good cigar. Since you never know who else might want to smoke, I want to have 1-2 boxes that I can just set out that could be enjoyed by a wide range of smokers. Not sure how to handle the whole cutter and lighter part of this either, but I'm looking any recommendations you might have on this as well.

Thanks, Tom
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wedding Cigars Help

NC or CC? Or does it matter?
And what, in this context, is "larger RG"?
Old 06-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
heyferg
Feeling at Home

First Name: Larry aka Hollywood
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
heyferg will become famous soon enough

I did this for a friend's daughter's wedding last year. I had a box of Partagas D 4s for the experienced smokers and a box of Hemingway Short Stories for the inexperienced smokers. Everyone seemed happy.
heyferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:46 PM   #4
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

NC or CC I think I would go with something mild for the non cigar smokers so they don't take a drag and get overpowered and just snub it out.

For my friends wedding a brought a few cigars that I enjoyed to share with a couple people and some Epi 2s for others, they went over very well and to this day his staunch non-smoking wife will take a couple puffs if he's smoking an Epi 2 (which still blows my mind).
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
NC or CC I think I would go with something mild for the non cigar smokers so they don't take a drag and get overpowered and just snub it out.

For my friends wedding a brought a few cigars that I enjoyed to share with a couple people and some Epi 2s for others, they went over very well and to this day his staunch non-smoking wife will take a couple puffs if he's smoking an Epi 2 (which still blows my mind).
Good idea. And I think a shorter smoke so the guests will not be disengaged from the festivities for too long a period.

My first thought was an H Upmann Half Corona (CC)
Old 06-26-2015, 12:55 PM   #6
Pat1075
Feeling at Home

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (11)
HUpmann
Pat1075 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyferg View Post
I did this for a friend's daughter's wedding last year. I had a box of Partagas D 4s for the experienced smokers and a box of Hemingway Short Stories for the inexperienced smokers. Everyone seemed happy.
I totally agree with the short stories and a fuller bodied option.
This is how I tell people to handle this all the time. The short story keeps everyone interested but happy. As to a fuller bodied, short, large RG smoke there is a serie V nub.
For the cutters just go pick up some cheapies and leave them out with the cigars. That way if they walk who cares. Lighters Djeep or gas station jet torch with premium gas (it only has to last one night)
Put cards in front of each cigar one that says mild and another that says full.
And voila you have a self serve cigar bar
Old 06-26-2015, 01:46 PM   #7
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about

i always take cigars to the Weddings I go to. I try and stick with Corona sized smokes that I can pitch if needed. Last thing I want to do is miss the chance to cut a rug with the Wife LOL
Old 06-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
NC or CC? Or does it matter?
And what, in this context, is "larger RG"?
NC or CC, doesn't matter, I'm open to both. The RG issue has more to do with presentation, where I'm fine with small cigars, most of my buddies seem to think bigger cigars are better. Since we are talking shorter cigars to make the wife happy, I'm thinking maybe 46 -52. Maybe two different cigars might be a better fit for the occaison.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #9
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyferg View Post
It has been quite some time since I smoked an AF Short Story, but I'll pick a couple up this weekend and see how they smoke. Thanks
Old 06-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #10
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by czerbe View Post
i always take cigars to the Weddings I go to. I try and stick with Corona sized smokes that I can pitch if needed. Last thing I want to do is miss the chance to cut a rug with the Wife LOL
One of my HS buddies is the DJ, so I know we will have some good music to dance to. I'm been told by the daughter to pick out the daddy daughter dance music. I'm thinking My Girl by the Temptations and then fade into Girls Just want to have fun by Cyndi Lauper.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:21 AM   #11
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Tom, first off, get something you enjoy, as you may be stuck with a few to 20+ sticks (depending on smoking habits and weather). I like Peter's suggestion - H Upmann Half Corona. How about HdM Petit Robustos or Monte Petit Edmundos?
Old 07-01-2015, 01:03 PM   #12
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Tom, first off, get something you enjoy, as you may be stuck with a few to 20+ sticks (depending on smoking habits and weather). I like Peter's suggestion - H Upmann Half Corona. How about HdM Petit Robustos or Monte Petit Edmundos?
I really like the H. Upmann Half Corona and it would be a good choice for a quick smoke. The Monte Petit Edmundo at 4 1/4 by 52 looks to be the perfect size and I like the regular Monte Edmundo, so I will order a box of the Petit Edmundos and try them out. Thanks