Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-03-2014, 04:32 AM   #1
Byaah
BYAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (2)
Army (Disabled Vet)
Byaah is on a distinguished road
Default NOOB Review: Liga Privada No. 9

Stick: Liga Privada No 9

Obtained: Via Bomb

Price: Gift

Construction: Very well construced. Solid stick around, no features unappealing!

Pairing: Darjeeling Tea

Wrapper/foot aroma: This was a first for me. The aroma was a VERY musky smell. Not sure how to describe exactly but I loved smelling it, it had an odor that was unique.

Method of entry: Xicar Scissors

Toast/light: Was simple with my triple torch, no problems at all.

First third: Lord this cigar, never had one before and I am glad I had the chance. The 1st third was very complex. I was getting big honey notes from this. There was a toasty nutty taste that followed as well. The retrohale was very nice during this part.

Second third: At this point the nuttiness died down but hints of honey remained. There was more of a cedar taste than anything at this point.

Final third: It was kicking back towards the 1st 3rd but with some tar to it. The end of the stick stopped a bit early for me.
Burn: I smoked it a bit sooner than I should have so it was not at the RH I like. The burn was even however.

Draw: Draw was tight and had to do tons of small puffs to get to a smoke production I liked.

Ash: Ash held very strong at times in fear of ash lap I had to beat the thing off on the tray, so yeah, it was good!

Overall: This is a cigar I will be looking into without a doubt! D.E. seems to put out really good products (in my limited exp) so I continue to look forward to any/all sticks to try!

Byaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
badbriar

Default Re: NOOB Review: Liga Privada No. 9

See what others say, but seems to me that these and the T 52 like to be kept at a little lower humidity, like 65 to 68% . Try keeping the no. 9 a bit drier and see if the draw doesn't open up to near perfect. BTW, nice review.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #3
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  96.5 KB

Nice review Brandon, great smoke...last one I had was in Florida with ^^^ that guy
Old 10-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
badbriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Attachment 15156

Nice review Brandon, great smoke...last one I had was in Florida with ^^^ that guy
This dude has good taste!