Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aroid wins. Imagine that.

He just got his suspension reduced to 162 games.
I can't find an article yet, I just got a push on my phone.
I would think that he'd stay lawyered up until he gets it below 162 games. Even 160 or 161 so it's not a full season and he's employed this coming year.
I'd think that'd have contract implications?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
CamoFlogged
...may I have another?

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
CamoFlogged will become famous soon enoughCamoFlogged will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aroid wins. Imagine that.

Alex Rodriguez update: A-Rod suspension set at 162 games

Here are a couple.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/stor...rug-suspension

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...me-suspension/

Last edited by CamoFlogged; 01-11-2014 at 10:17 AM.
CamoFlogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another one with a completely horsesh*t reply from Aroid.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...vorable-to-mlb
Old 01-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
YankeeMan
Just moved South

First Name: Rick
Trading: (0)
Partagas
YankeeMan will become famous soon enough

Apparently he's looking for something equal or less than Braun's 65 games. If it gets down to that number, his case that he was singled out by MLB goes away and he plays in June.

We're going to see him in Federal Court, no doubt.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #5
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you wish we could just have a Bonds/Rodriguez Celebrity Deathmatch and put this whole steroid thing to bed?
65 games is fair, Rick. Imagine the saved money for MLB that could be put to Bobbleheads and making kids happy?
Old 01-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #6
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeMan View Post
We're going to see him in Federal Court, no doubt.
I think we will, and I think we should. Hey, I don't like the guy, and don't care if he never plays again. But MLB keeps claiming they have proof of his "cheating", yet still this was a decision made by an arbitrator and not by any sort of trial or judgement based upon open evidence. Almost by definition, the decision of an arbitrator is arbitrary.

Look at it this way: There are a LOT of Pete Rose supporters out there (and quite a few on here) who believe he should be in the HOF despite his violation of rules against gambling in baseball. Yet there was PROOF offered that he DID violate those rules! (We'll not get into the whole lying about it thing by Rose for years and years.) So where's the proof against A-Rod? And this is NOT about denying him some honor, but rather about denying him his livelihood. (Yeah, I know, it's not like he needs the money, but still.) I'm just wondering how you can in good conscious support a man who was AT LEAST as big an @$$hole as is A-Rod, while constantly giving everybody but THIS @$$hole the benefit of the doubt.

Just my about what's fair is fair.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #7
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I think it's great, now the Yankees have to pay him the remainder of his contract. Suck it Hal
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Thomas, I get your argument.
Here's the difference. People love Charlie Hustle.