Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 02-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough
Default 2013 NCAA Lacrosse thread

A couple weeks late in making this, but lets get College Lax thread goin.

Got a rematch of the NCAA Championship today at 1:30 on NBC Sports Network, Maryland at Loyola(GO HOUNDS! except for that one game on April 27th), plus numerous streams throughout the day of other games(http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2013/...eam-games-week), and we get my boys from the other end of Charles Street, Johns Hopkins, getting off to a 3-0 start against Michigan on tape delay tomorrow morning at 11:30 on ESPNU(or today at 1 on ESPN3, yes I intend to watch both airings ).

And then coming up on Friday we have two of the best games of the season, my boys puttin a whoopin on Princeton at 5, and UVA hopefully putting a big ol whoopin on Cuse.

I'll give you guys three guesses at who my two least favorite teams are
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
hazydat620
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Chad(choad, schoad)
Trading: (10)
hazydat620 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2013 NCAA Lacrosse thread

Thanks for the heads up,Gives me a reason to load a pipe full.I love watching a good lacrosse game.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazydat620 View Post
Thanks for the heads up,Gives me a reason to load a pipe full.I love watching a good lacrosse game.
That link updates every wednesday afternoon with streams and TV schedule for the week. Helps me keep track of the games. Navy at G'town tomorrow should be a damn good game too.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
timj219
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (15)
Partagas
timj219 will become famous soon enoughtimj219 will become famous soon enough

SU vs Army tomorrow. After looking helpless on D in losing to Albany in their opener I don't know what to expect. I really would like to make it to a couple games at the dome me this year. I wasn't able to see any last season.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM

Well that was a complete and utter let down of a game. We kept shooting ourselves in the foot taking horrible shots. The same things I noticed last year are continuing. No one on the crease wants to cut. If you're on the crease you should not be standing still or walking flat footed. Plus the refs certainly didn't help anything, that was a complete and utter bullchit no goal at the end of the first half, and again in the fourth quarter. I was waiting for Petro to storm out on the field and snap one of the refs like a twig.

We got another doozy of a game in the morning with Maryland taking on Duke at Koshkien. I honestly don't know who I should root to lose the game more in this match up. Oh who am I kidding, I bleed Columbia Blue and White. Go Duke!*

*for only this one game and then may you continue losing until you face UMd in the tourney

Oh, and a great match up in Colgate at Cornell later in the afternoon, with the returning Tewaaraton Winner going against arguably the best player in college lacrosse in Rob Pannel. Plus, theres Navy at Bucknell, a must win for both teams.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM

Some big news today in the college lacrosse world.

The ECAC has signed a multiyear deal with Fox Sports, that starting this year will air the entire ECAC tournament on one of the Fox Sports Networks, and continue next year on Fox Sports 1, with an option for Fox to do a game of the week every week. This may just entice Loyola back from their impending departure to the Patriot League.
http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2013/...i-year-tv-deal

The ACC will have 6 teams next season with Notre Dame's expedited departure from the Big East. But, the biggest news from this article, is that my Johns Hopkins Blue Jays may be ending their 130 year independence. The University announced its formal consideration for conference affiliation. The article lists the Big 10, Big East/Catholic 7, and ECAC as possible resting spots. Personally, all the Big 10 has to offer is UMd, who we will continue to play regardless of what conference either team is in, the Big East offers nothing really, the Catholic 7 aren't really power houses in lacrosse, but the ECAC is intriguing. Sets up a Denver rivalry I'd love to see, may entice Loyola to stay, which would help extend that rivalry, and brings in a good Ohio State match up yearly(assuming the Big 10 doesn't announce a sponsorship). Though the best fit would be the ACC, assuming the ACC rules to allow associate membership. Keeps three storied rivalries(Cuse, Carolina, UVA), brings back the Duke matchup, AND adds a very intriguing Notre Dame match up.
http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2013/...ers-conference

Oh, and Duke-Carolina tomorrow at 7:30 on ESPNU
Old 04-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM

Way too belated bump.

Hopkins has just managed to lose two consecutive VERY winnable games that now have us on the outside looking in for the tourney. We now NEED to win out(UMd, Navy, Loyola, Army, in that order). 6-4 is not a record I like to see.

Defense kept shooting us in the foot. Both goalies played well, with Albany's getting somewhere damn near 20 saves. Neither defense could help their goalies as damn near every goal was from within 5 yards of the crease. Oh, and I want to rip that one Thompson brother's possum tail(over sized rattail) off his head. Its times like these I wish we had a punching bag at work, its a miracle there's not a hole in one of our walls.

Navy played UMd tight and exposed a LOT of weaknesses. Here's hoping Petro locks our boys in the film room for a day.

Lots of televised games on tomorrow.
11 am on CBS Sports, we have Lehigh at Colgate in a game with major Patriot League implications(and also possible at-large bid implications)
1 pm on the Big Ten Network, Hobart travels to Ohio State in what could be a trap game for OSU
3:30 pm on ESPN3, Carolina at UVA in a must win for the Hoos
5 pm on ESPNU, Syracuse travels to Princeton in what should be a damn good game.

Other online games being streamed:
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/8114...amp-Discussion

Note the Army-Bucknell game at noon and Cornell-Harvard game at 1, both should be great games. Just wish those streamers would get the Denver games, the Bellarmine game on Sunday would be awesome to watch.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Go Heels!

(Yeah, I had to smack the Bear on the snout with that one. )
Old 04-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Go Heels!

(Yeah, I had to smack the Bear on the snout with that one. )

Old 04-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post

Old 04-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
timj219
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (15)
Partagas
timj219 will become famous soon enoughtimj219 will become famous soon enough

#7 SU v #2 Cornell 6pm Wednesday 4/10 ESPNU
Should be a good one
Old 04-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM

3 games on TV today. Two of the biggest rivalries and a HUGE CAA match up.
Towson-Penn State on BTN at 1
Army-Navy on CBS Sports at 2
Hopkins-Maryland on ESPNU at 3

Plus a number of big games being streamed throughout the day, namely Loyola-Denver at 1. Its gonna be a good day for lacrosse