Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
jjmitchem
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jim "Chappy"
Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
jjmitchem will become famous soon enoughjjmitchem will become famous soon enough
Default Casa Magna Domnus Magnus Limitada

Casa Magna Domnus Magnus Limitada

I attended a Sag Imports Cigar event put on by Tamura's fine wine and liquor of Honolulu a few months back. Got to say the event was great with some great cigars and a variety of Whiskeys to try. I smoked a Quesada that night and stuck this one and a few others in my humidor to age a while. But when I saw all the hype over the Domnus Magnus I knew it time to pull it out. I smoked it two weeks ago and knew I wanted some more so I made the trip down to Honolulu to pick up some more with the intention of writing a review this weekend

Wrapper: Sun-grown Jalapa Wrapper (Nicaraguan)
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Size:*5 3/4 x 52 Box Pressed

pre-light draw: a combination of chocolate, tea, and wood

Initial light: cedar spice floral and citrus

Around the 1/3 point I started noticing cocoa which was more predominate on the first one I smoked and lesser on this one- perhaps the aging had something to do with it since this one sat in my humi only a week while my first one was in there for about a month. Also- I had water with this one while the first one was paired with a dram of Glenlivit which went VERY well with it.

Towards the end of the cigar the spices picked up with a very nice finish down to the nub

Burn and draw were perfect in my opinion with plenty of smoke. *Only downside was that it did not hold its ash very well - had my son laughing at me on the second dump onto my lap.

This is definitely going to be a guaranteed buy whenever I visit Tamura's at about $9.00 per stick
Old 01-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice
Default Re: Casa Magna Domnus Magnus Limitada

Nice review, this is my favorite Casa Magna by far and one of my top 10 releases this year
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
never_enough
Never Satisfied

First Name: Robert
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
never_enough will become famous soon enoughnever_enough will become famous soon enough

Sounds good. Will have to give one a try if I find one.
never_enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Nice review and pics, haven't tried on yet.