Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Anyone smoked a 9/11 343 yet?

I have my 9/11 box but have yet to smoke one (think i'll wait til the next anniversary) any of you guys who have them smoked them? Thoughts? Wondering how this blend is, I guess I could just break down and smoke one but it doesn't feel right yet.

Name:  PICT0001 (600 x 450).jpg
Views: 400
Size:  42.9 KB

Last edited by Remo; 12-23-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Remo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone smoked a 9/11 343 yet?

I smoked the rosado wrapper. It was delicious!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I am letting mine "Rest" afor a while longer. Maybe open on 9/11.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I have smoked one of each Mike and they are delicious smokes!! Going to save the rest and let them rest.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

This is the first I've seen these, they look awesone
Old 12-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikk50 View Post
This is the first I've seen these, they look awesone
Made by My Father in Esteli, only 343 boxes made for the 343 Firefighters killed on 9/11. There are probably still some available, $200 for box of 20 topquality cigars still shows in stock.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #7
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation

Kudos on the fundraising effort! I had no idea about these sticks but a quick google search yielded this:

OUR STORY

Jeffrey Holst, a Battalion Chief from Firehouse No. 1 in Lombard, Illinois brought to us the idea of doing something special to
commemorate the 343 fallen Firefighters of 9/11, the idea was taken seriously and immediately we approached Jaime Garcia with the
great idea, immediately without any hesitation Jaime accepted to blend and create this special extremely limited cigar. The decision
wasn't that easy, especially when My Father Cigar Factory was in the process to produce 80,000.00 cigars, Jaime thought for a minute
and replied "I Have the honor to be a part of this project" and seriously the huge production of the 80,000.00 was stopped to produce the
343 boxes that was requested by us.

When the process started, which took a period of 3 weeks the birth of new cigar was available for the market.
"My Father Commemorative 911 Cigars Blend 343 Limited Edition 2011" was consisted of 20 cigars in each box
9 Habano Seed Wrapper while the other 11 cigars consisted of Oscuro Oscuro wrapper which makes the Oscuro blend ideal for aging.
All cigars in each box measures 5 ½" x 54 unlabeled with 3 caps on the head "Toro Vitola" Binder and Filler remains a secret.

The 911 Cigar will be available every year with the birth of new blend.
Proceeds of box sales of these cigars will be donated to a designated charity of the fallen heroes of 911
Old 12-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
VersionX
The Collector

First Name: Christian
Trading: (1)
VersionX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Made by My Father in Esteli, only 343 boxes made for the 343 Firefighters killed on 9/11. There are probably still some available, $200 for box of 20 topquality cigars still shows in stock.
Has anyone here purchased from TQC before? Cause I would jump on this if its legit. Their checkout site has a URL that ends in Yahoo.net and it makes me a bit skeptical, especially for having these in-stock when they are extremely HTF.

Anyone deal with them before? Cause I'd love to pick up a box.
VersionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I bought my box from them. No issues here.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #10
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Man I wish they sold singles, not in my budget now. Props to all of you who did buy boxes and supported the effort.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #11
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
I bought my box from them. No issues here.
+1
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #12
ZachF88
Feeling at Home

First Name: Zach
Trading: (32)
ZachF88 is on a distinguished road

If anyone wants to do a box split, I'm in for a 3'er or 5'er!
ZachF88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersionX View Post
Has anyone here purchased from TQC before? Cause I would jump on this if its legit. Their checkout site has a URL that ends in Yahoo.net and it makes me a bit skeptical, especially for having these in-stock when they are extremely HTF.

Anyone deal with them before? Cause I'd love to pick up a box.
Where I got mine
Old 12-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #14
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachF88 View Post
If anyone wants to do a box split, I'm in for a 3'er or 5'er!
I can't wait to smoke em' but the box is why I got em, it's awesome!!
Old 12-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #15
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

They were well worth the money.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #16
Smoking Dragon
formerly sergeant smoky

First Name: John
Trading: (67)
Cohiba Army (Disabled Vet)
Smoking Dragon has a spectacular aura aboutSmoking Dragon has a spectacular aura about

Dam I need one of these boxes. I hope that they still have 1 at the end of the week. It would be great to sit down with my Army National Guard, The Smoking Dragons, smoking club next 9/11 to celebrate the heroism of those who gave all, and those that are still willing to give all.

Sarge
Smoking Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:05 PM   #17
BnBTobacco

Well, I haven't tried that yet.. I'm interested to know how it tastes too.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #18
VersionX
The Collector

First Name: Christian
Trading: (1)
VersionX is on a distinguished road

So for awhile I was assuaged by the idea of all you guys buying from TQC before. But now I see this: http://www.911cigars.com/

And it links to their site. IDK, but to me, something doesn't feel right. Without bands, I feel these cigars would be pretty easy to fake, and I fear that (or something else shady) is going on here. Why would any retailer buy a web domain to promote that they have a cigar that is more limited than a Tatuaje Monster?

Methinks something is up with this. I don't trust it, and thus I can't bring myself to spend the $200.
VersionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #19
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersionX View Post
So for awhile I was assuaged by the idea of all you guys buying from TQC before. But now I see this: http://www.911cigars.com/

And it links to their site. IDK, but to me, something doesn't feel right. Without bands, I feel these cigars would be pretty easy to fake, and I fear that (or something else shady) is going on here. Why would any retailer buy a web domain to promote that they have a cigar that is more limited than a Tatuaje Monster?

Methinks something is up with this. I don't trust it, and thus I can't bring myself to spend the $200.
Yea, don't do it
Old 12-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #20
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

$200 for a box and only $40 is donated? Sounds like they could donate a lot more than that. Looks like they're making a pretty good profit off of these cigars that are supposed to be going to help other people.
just my 2 cents.

That being said, the box is pretty cool looking and if it didn't cost so much I'd probably buy one.