Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
GolfNut
Back in the woodshop!

First Name: Forrest
Trading: (38)
Partagas
GolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura about
Default Trial date set! What a racket.

For those of you following our battle against the insurance company from our August 2009 house fire, we finally had a court conference and got an actual trial date set: Jan 23 2102! Another flippin year!

So, we're going to do what we can to work with the city officials and get the house back to livable condition out of our own pocket during this year. First up will be a new roof and we have a contractor friend that has offered trusses at cost and possibly free labor crew to put the roof on.

Our legal situation in detail is not something I will put on an open forum, but let me offer this tidbit of advise for all you homeowners and future homeowners:

REVIEW your policy EVERY year and more often if your personal effects exceed your current limitations.

Make certain of construction costs in your area if you have replacement cost coverage.

If you purchase a house from a friend.....have a good attorney do the paperwork. It's in BOTH of your best interests! So many little details can be overlooked that can come back to bite you in the ass years later.

Enough of that. I'd love to go smoke a good cigar right now, but wife and I both have horrible colds and feel like absolute crap. It'd be a waste of a cigar since I can't taste or smell anything anyways!

So, we sit in the trailer and will make plans on what to do this year. I'm really happy to be back in the wood shop though. Keeps me doing things and my mind off this crap....for the most part.

We're still better off than a lot of folks in today's world!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Trial date set! What a racket.

hang in there
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
Neens
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (21)
Montecristo
Neens will become famous soon enough

Wish you all the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfNut View Post
For those of you following our battle against the insurance company from our August 2009 house fire, we finally had a court conference and got an actual trial date set: Jan 23 2102! Another flippin year!
I know they like to put court dates off but dam thats far.
Neens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

It must be frustrating to have this continue to be drawn out, Forrest...I hope the other plans you are putting into place in the meantime are successful.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #5
jesseboston81
CC Simple PIF Promoter

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (41)
Bolivar
jesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nice

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, 2.5 years is a ridiculous amount of time to wait! I wouldn't be surprised if you all reached a settlement agreement before that time, but it's still a tough date to hear. Hang in there and I'm sure everything will work out for the best in the end.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #6
TBone
Equal opportunity Bomber

First Name: Paul
Trading: (25)
ERdM AirForce (Disabled Vet)
TBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to hear Forrest...my daughter's house just burned down on 30 Jan but seems her policy had the maximum available and hasn't run into any problems as of yet...it can only get better.
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #7
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseboston81 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, 2.5 years is a ridiculous amount of time to wait! I wouldn't be surprised if you all reached a settlement agreement before that time, but it's still a tough date to hear. Hang in there and I'm sure everything will work out for the best in the end.

Hoping for the best for you.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #8
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Jeez, I hope everything works out in your favor. Also, that's very good advice. It helps if you have photographs of your possessions, as well.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:20 AM   #9
jitzy
Illusione Whore

Trading: (17)
Bolivar
jitzy is on a distinguished road

Wow Forrest I had no idea you were going thru all that crap, good luck brother and stay strong thru it all.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #10
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough

You'll get what you deserve Forrest And it will make all the BS you had to deal with, a little easier to swallow.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #11
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

wow, what a mess brother. sorry to hear about ur bad news. best of luck to you!