Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
darkninja67

Default LFD Double Ligero Chisel

So I thought I would start to review some cigars since I smoke a lot of different lines and vitolas. This is my first review so take it easy on me.

The La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel is a cigar that I believe most BOTL enjoy and recommend. I have had these before but they are a line that I almost always look past whether online or at a B&M.

The DL Chisel is one of the more powerful smokes I have had in my 15 years of smoking. It is said to be rolled by Satan himself.

It is not one for the novice and not one you should smoke on an empty stomach or without a sweet drink nearby.

Construction: A very well made stick. Slight veins apparent but overall a well rolled cigar with a very unique head that is triple capped (at least it looked like it). Beautiful reddish Equadorian wrapper. I had a slight crack near the foot. No big deal.

Burn: It took to the flame easily enough. Initially it was burning evenly during the first third or so. It got a bit uneven later on but I did not feel the need to touch it up. It pulled a nice 2" ash before I tapped it off. Draw was pretty good as well. The head reminds you of those childrens sippy cups. It produced a medium volume of smoke.

Flavor: This cigar had a nice rich and smooth flavor to the palate. I tasted notes of leather, some coffee and a tangy flavor from the ligero. This cigar was great tasting from the start to finish. Not overly complex but solid all around.

Overall: This is a cigar I would love to get a box of. It is that good. If you have not had one then you owe it to yourself to try it.

Rated 9 out of 10
Old 07-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
scooter

Default Re: LFD Double Ligero Chisel

Thanks for the great review. I have enjoyed this cigar myself.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
Azpostal
Feeling at Home

First Name: Don
Trading: (9)
Army (Served With Honor)
Azpostal is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review.
Azpostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post
So The La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel is a cigar that I believe most BOTL enjoy and recommend. I have had these before but they are a line that I almost always look past whether online or at a B&M.

The DL Chisel is one of the more powerful smokes I have had in my 15 years of smoking. It is said to be rolled by Satan himself.

It is not one for the novice and not one you should smoke on an empty stomach or without a sweet drink nearby.
I would agree. A friend gave me one a while back and told me I would probably want something in my stomach before I smoke it. I was like ya-ya. About a third of the way thru it, I went and got something to munch on.

A great cigar though!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

Great review bro

I just polished offf a maduro
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #6
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Very tasty stick! The single and double LFD Ligeros are outstanding! Please do yourself a favor and try a Tat T110...you will love them!
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
darkninja67

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-man67 View Post
Very tasty stick! The single and double LFD Ligeros are outstanding! Please do yourself a favor and try a Tat T110...you will love them!
Not a huge Tat fan but the T100 looks good. I would grab a 5'er in the WTS forum but I blew $300 on cigars already this month.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
Serts

This is just a great cigar i smoke him every week
Old 07-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I had one of these today, thanks to johnnykay5...great stick!!! Thanks JK!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #10
GHC_Hambone

Thanks for the review! The one I had was a little strong for me, but I really liked the chisel shape.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:34 AM   #11
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Thanks for the review! I have a couple sitting in the humi and looking forward to smoking em. I have to admit, lately I've been really into LFD.
Adriftpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:56 AM   #12
Rockestone
Anythings Possible

First Name: Greg
Trading: (5)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Rockestone will become famous soon enoughRockestone will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the review. That is one of my favorites!
Old 07-14-2009, 04:22 AM   #13
BlackIrish
MassHole Militia

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (55)
LGC
BlackIrish has a spectacular aura aboutBlackIrish has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
Great review bro

I just polished offf a maduro
The maduros *are* particularly delicious.

And if you don't have the time or don't want the full nic blast of the Chisel, the chiselito delivers a lot of the taste in a smaller package.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #14
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

I finally got around to trying one of these tonight and it didn't do much for me. It was very smooth, but had way too much power, without enough complexity to keep me interested. It was an absolute nicotine bomb. I can see how the full bodied-pepper fiends of the world would love this cigar, as the construction was flawless and it had all the pepper and power one could ask for, but not my style. I did however, absolutely love the chisel tip. It was almost like smoking from a pipe. I just wish there were a more complex and medium bodied smoke made with that chisel tip. I had to let this one go out early so I could switch to a Juan Lopez No. 2. Give me the Cuban leaf over a pepper bomb any day!
akumushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #15
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

The Double L Chisel Tip Maduro is one I do buy by the box, great cigars for the full flavor crowd even though I do not find them as strong as many others. Unfortunately the price has gone up about 30% on them since I first tried them a couple of years ago.
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #16
Barteur
Golf is life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (18)
Cohiba
Barteur will become famous soon enough

Bought a box last month while I was in vacation and smoke my first yesterday. I did not found it as powerfull as many are saying (even LFD website have warnings) but I am really anxious to see what they will do with age. I personally think this is a unique cigar with good potential after a little rest. Any thoughts?

Frenchie
Old 10-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #17
BC-Axeman

My thoughts are with the reviewer's. Not overly complex but great tasting. I don't get a lot of pepper taste from these. I like the natural a little more than the maduro.
Great review.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #18
SLO_Smoke
Burnt my fingers again!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (27)
LGC
SLO_Smoke has disabled reputation

I Like a full bodied smoke and this one fits that description.
Yes, it's a bit linear in flavor profile but if you like the flavor it's good to the nub.
I smoke the Chisel Gorda in Maduro and the Chiselito Maduro by the box
SLO_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #19
roughrider
Feeling at Home

Trading: (24)
roughrider is on a distinguished road

I gotta pick some up. Thanks for the review.
roughrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #20
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

The LFD Chisel is a very good cigar. Try its stronger cousin, the Litto Gomez Diez Chisel Puro if you are looking for something a "bit" stronger.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote