Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice
Default My Little Girl is Leaving The Nest!

Looks like my youngest, Jenn will be moving out around July 1st, her and a co-worker just got a place in Windsor where they work. Only fun part will be moving her stuff up the stairs so she says...oh my aching back
Hummm I now may have a smoking room in the winter??
Old 06-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: My Little Girl is Leaving The Nest!

Good luck to her, and to you with the transition - and the backsprain.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to her and to you...for gaining a smoke room...LOL!! My daughter move out and then back in (she is out again now)...revolving doors!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

I hear you, Dave! I've had 3 leave the nest (out of 4)...

One lives in Las Vegas...
One is getting ready to move back in after he lost his job and can't afford apartment rent...
One has moved out and back in, and back out and back in, and back out and is now back again!

I know you and Gail will miss her, but at least Windsor's not that far, so you'll see her occasionally! And SailChaser may be happy, cuz Jenn won't be there to yell at him for not parking properly when he comes to visit you and Gail!!

I'm glad that she was at your herf and I got to meet her... along with your other daughter. You guys have two gracious daughters!

Old 06-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
Waynegro1

Good luck, Dave. I'm sure she'll be fine. It's got to be very hard to watch them go out on their own. I can't imagine watching them leave, I've got many years before that happens (Thank God). Take care of your back and enjoy the new room.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
GTCanuk
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Paul (AKA Darrel)
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
GTCanuk is on a distinguished road

What part of Windsor is she moving? From my driving around for work I see a lot of for rent signs. From the Herf she works around Huron Church. Hopefully what she has found is in a nice area
GTCanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #7
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTCanuk View Post
What part of Windsor is she moving? From my driving around for work I see a lot of for rent signs. From the Herf she works around Huron Church. Hopefully what she has found is in a nice area
Won't know till she gets home, but she said it was in a good area.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:27 AM   #8
RHNewfie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (15)
Partagas
RHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the rough

I can't imagine how tough this would be, speaking from the perspective of the father of an 8yo, I don't let him go to the school bus on his own!! I'd imagine the time is probably right and dear old dad is only a few miles away! Good luck with the move!! Make sure she knows that the bills come EVERY month... Its not a one shot deal :-) boy was that a tough lesson!!
Old 06-21-2009, 04:38 AM   #9
dandaman

GOODLUCK to her & you. I could only wish my girls would move out & take da MOTHER w/ them. lol
Old 06-21-2009, 04:40 AM   #10
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Good luck to her and your family. I am sure you are both excited for her future!
Old 06-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #11
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I wish Jenn all the best Dave...she had great parents, so I am sure she will do great!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #12
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

A new smoking room, I bet you'll help her move as many boxes as possible Dave! Good luck to Jenn and your family for the transition.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #13
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

Smile Re: My Little Girl is Leaving The Nest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandaman View Post
GOODLUCK to her & you. I could only wish my girls would move out & take da MOTHER w/ them. lol

Moving big stuff July 1st, they got a dang good deal also and in a good part of city ta boot!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #14
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Best wishes to all.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #15
Sailchaser
Black Ops-SOB

First Name: Chris
Trading: (7)
HUpmann CoastGuard
Sailchaser has disabled reputation

Dave,
All my best to Jenn and her roomie
Sounds like a new Blacks Ops Control Room
Old 06-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:46 PM   #17
kiwi michelle

Awww Dave - Ya babies are growing up. Don't think for a minute that she won't still be asking for a loan. Looks like that smoking room might be the silver lining!!