Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 06-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #1701
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Official weigh-in today. 229.8. I can't believe it's coming off this fast. I almost feel like I should eat more to slow it down.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #1702
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, my brother!!!
Don't eat more to slow it down, it'll slow down when it's ready.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #1703
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Scott. I'm going to keep the status quo.

Anyone hear from Andy lately?
Posted via Mobile Device
Chainsaw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #1704
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

Way to go Bob.

Eating more may not slow you down, unless you eat **** like pastries and sugar.

Often on "diets" the thing people do is restrict calories, and bodies don't like that, they hang on to it more!
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #1705
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

just watched that movie Fat Head - thanks to whoever recommended it. MOre proof that carbs are bad and the USDA is full of sh1t
Old 06-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #1706
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
just watched that movie Fat Head - thanks to whoever recommended it. MOre proof that carbs are bad and the USDA is full of sh1t
That would've been me. Yep, it's a interesting flick, debunks a lot of commonly held thoughts about food/nutrition.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #1707
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Thanks Bob!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #1708
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Bought a set of Bowflex adjustable dumbbells yesterday. Now to clean up the basement and setup the TV/DVD so I can start the P90 program (precurser to P90x). I can tell I've lost some muscle mass with the weight loss. All the walking's built up the leg muscles a bit, got some definition in the thighs but losing it up top in the arms/chest. The work schedule will make it tough to do the full 90 days in a row, but I'll give it my best shot. Would be nice to have it complete by my birthday at the end of September.

Went out yesterday and bought basically a new wardrobe. Replaced all my fat pants and bought a bunch of new ones for work. All the old stuff is either being pitched or donated. Was kinda cathartic clearing it all out. I figure by getting rid of it all, it lessens the chance of me going back to that size. Only downside is this could be temporary too as I plan to lose more. I could be doing this all over again in 3 months. I"m good with that though.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #1709
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Tomorrow I start the Medifast diet. Would like to lose 90 lbs. I think I finally realized I need an idiot proof diet that tells you and gives you what to eat, basically no choices except for one lean and green meal a day.I'll try really hard to stick with it until the SH, when I know I'm gonna ease up a bit to enjoy the wonderful eats there. But, I'll still hafta be careful and not over do it. Hopefully I'll have dropped a fair amount of weight by then! Reading the stories here has been very inspirational, hopefully I will one day be able to add to that portfolio!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #1710
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Bob, in that movie, they talk about a lot of oil being not good for you.

Things that aren't natural, like when you mash up corn, you dont get oil, so how the heck do we get Corn Oil?

I need to look into this and figure out what oils are bad, corn? Canola? And if Olive oil really is good.

Biggest thing i've learned is that the conventional ideas we have about whats good and not good for us are total B.S. - that's why ive really got to figure out this oil thing asap!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #1711
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Anything in large quantities won't be good for you, including oils. I still don't know if I subscribe to the belief that having oils/fats in your diet makes you fat. Seems that as people have gone to low fat, high carb/sugar diets, the obesity rate has jumped.

I'd be interested to hear what you find Myles. As for me, I pretty much use olive oil exclusively, with some canola oil at times.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #1712
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Joining in. I'm on the Wii Fit Plus and work-your-ass-off-in-a-yogurt-plant program. I'm trying to eat healthier (free yogurt helps) and drink plenty of water. So far I'm down 4 lbs in 6 days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #1713
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Well, i actually e-mailed the Drs. Eades, so we'll see if i get a reply. The belief that fat makes you fat is unfounded, and proven time and time again to be untrue. Fat satiates us, and makes us non hungry, and also helps our body burn existing fat (assuming one doesnt eat it in ridiculous quantities)

You are right - low fat automatically means higher carbs, and the fatty rate has most definitely increased, and they are directly related.

Notice that A.D.D didn't used to exist back when people fed their kids real butter, and real milk, instead of this modern day experimentation stuff? Anyway i can't prove that, but the writing is on the wall.

If i find anything i'll let ya know !
Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #1714
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

GM Guys
Going to check out that Documentary tonight.
Had my weigh in 269.6
Up a pound from last week, but not sweating it.
Had a feeling Last weeks # was off due to being dehydrated or the like!

Continued success Bob, glad to see your not to far from your goal!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #1715
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Hugh and Jeff!!!

Hugh, don't sweat the "great stuff at Shack" thing. I've found that my stomach just can't hold as much, period. Even when I eat what I now consider a lot, or way overdone, it really isn't. I just simply can't eat near as much as I used to, even if I try. They call that the stomach shrinking effect, I suppose that's as good a thing to call it as any.
I lost 20 pounds in the last 3 months, starting at 223. You're bigger than me, and from watching this thread it seems that bigger guys lose lots of weight really fast at first, then taper when they get closer to what might be their "natural weight".
As long as you're headed in a positive direction and continue working at it, I really don't think it matters how quick it comes off. Just keep hanging in there!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #1716
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Nice work Jeff. Keep it going. Gotta love free yogurt. I eat that almost every weekday for breakfast, along with some fruit and maybe a english muffin with some creamcheese.

Anyone else watch "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution"? Great program if you ask me.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #1717
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Have never seen it
Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #1718
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Welcome Hugh. Good luck with the weightloss goal. You've done the hardest part already, making the decision to get started. Not saying the rest will be easy, but stick with it and you'll get there in no time.

Scott's right about bigger guys taking it off faster at the beginning. Just don't get discouraged if you don't see big numbers ever week. There will be that period after about the first 3-4 weeks where the body says "Whoa, what's going on here?" and you won't lose much or possibly go up. It's your bodies defense mechanism to the change. It's been so used to carrying the extra weight and caloric intake for so long. Just get through that hump and you'll be on your way.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #1719
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Bob is right. The body doesn't like to change! We have to fight to make it, and show it whos boss! Btw, welcome to the club Hugh
Old 06-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #1720
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Can't decide between eggplant lasagna or the mushroom burgers for dinner tonight. Plus I want to get a nice walk in before hand. Looks like I could be eating a late dinner.