Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 10-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #721
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
If you juiced them...........................added in a banana, it could be a new health phenomenon - peanut butter banana "juice" - on second thought skip the juicer, put it in a blender with a bit of milk and 3 scoops of ice cream! Oh wait..this is the wait loss thread not the weight gain thread
I do something like this already. I make protein shakes in the blender with peanut butter and bananas.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #722
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

ya but peanut butter m&ms thats like,...your shake on crack!
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #723
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you juiced them...........................added in a banana, it could be a new health phenomenon - peanut butter banana "juice" - on second thought skip the juicer, put it in a blender with a bit of milk and 3 scoops of ice cream! Oh wait..this is the wait loss thread not the weight gain thread
I just got three 42 ounce bags at Walmart. I might make peanut M&M lasagna and skip the fruit.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #724
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

M&M's are out of the question for me.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #725
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
ya but peanut butter m&ms thats like,...your shake on crack!
Shhh! Don't tell anyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I just got three 42 ounce bags at Walmart. I might make peanut M&M lasagna and skip the fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
M&M's are out of the question for me.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:15 AM   #726
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

188.0 this morning. I never thought I'd break that 190 barrier, let alone see it stick.
If I see 185, I'll be shocked.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:15 AM   #727
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Today's weight was 230.6, down 2.9 lbs this week and 7.8 lbs overall.

Thought I'd share a recipe with you that I REALLY liked and ate twice this past week. One of the best meals I've ever had. It's a weightwatchers recipe, but will work for any low calorie type of diet. The only difference is that my wife subbed the corn flakes for bread crumbs.

Southern-style oven fried chicken

POINTS® Value: 5
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Ingredients
1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3 oz buttermilk
3/4 cup(s) cornflake crumbs
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
Instructions

* Preheat oven to 365ºF. Lightly coat an 8 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.

* Combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper together in a medium-size bowl. Place buttermilk and corn flakes crumbs in 2 separate shallow bowls.

* Roll chicken breast halves in flour mixture and evenly coat each side. Next dip chicken into buttermilk and then corn flakes crumbs.

* Place coated chicken breasts in prepared baking dish. Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink, about 20 minutes (there is no need to flip the chicken during baking). Yields 1 breast per serving.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:21 AM   #728
kayaker

Way to go Scott and Duane!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:02 AM   #729
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Today's weight was 230.6, down 2.9 lbs this week and 7.8 lbs overall.

Thought I'd share a recipe with you that I REALLY liked and ate twice this past week. One of the best meals I've ever had. It's a weightwatchers recipe, but will work for any low calorie type of diet. The only difference is that my wife subbed the corn flakes for bread crumbs.

Southern-style oven fried chicken

POINTS® Value: 5
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Ingredients
1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3 oz buttermilk
3/4 cup(s) cornflake crumbs
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
Instructions

* Preheat oven to 365ºF. Lightly coat an 8 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.

* Combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper together in a medium-size bowl. Place buttermilk and corn flakes crumbs in 2 separate shallow bowls.

* Roll chicken breast halves in flour mixture and evenly coat each side. Next dip chicken into buttermilk and then corn flakes crumbs.

* Place coated chicken breasts in prepared baking dish. Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink, about 20 minutes (there is no need to flip the chicken during baking). Yields 1 breast per serving.
I love that recipe! I haven't had it in a while, but I use the corn flakes in it.
For those of you that have never tried this, do so. It' very good!

Congrats, Scott! You're only three pounds away from 185; you'll see it before you know it.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #730
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Down to 247 today. Hopefully it'll stay down until the weigh-in next week.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #731
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

245 today!

Insert quote here.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #732
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Maybe it's b/c of my lack of sleep last night, but I went from 245 yesterday to 249 today. I know weight fluctuates at all times, but 4 pounds?!?

Insert quote here.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:50 AM   #733
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Maybe it's b/c of my lack of sleep last night, but I went from 245 yesterday to 249 today. I know weight fluctuates at all times, but 4 pounds?!?
I gain/lose 5 to 7 pounds every day.
I'm 188.4 right now, if I weighed in this evening I'll have easily put on five pounds. In the morning, I'm back where I started.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #734
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
I gain/lose 5 to 7 pounds every day.
I'm 188.4 right now, if I weighed in this evening I'll have easily put on five pounds. In the morning, I'm back where I started.
That's why I weigh in in the morning after waking up. If I weigh in the afternoon or evening, I'm always much heavier, which is why I assume the lack of sleep caused the big fluctuation today.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #735
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

185.2 this morning. .2 pounds to go.
That's the first time in 13 years I've seen that number on a scale unless someone else was standing on it.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:32 AM   #736
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
188.0 this morning. I never thought I'd break that 190 barrier, let alone see it stick.
If I see 185, I'll be shocked.
Awesome, Scott!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #737
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Good news, Scott

I'm going up up up...

I'm eating right but the weight has increased over the last three days.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:47 AM   #738
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
That's why I weigh in in the morning after waking up. If I weigh in the afternoon or evening, I'm always much heavier, which is why I assume the lack of sleep caused the big fluctuation today.
Andy, I checked yesterday to see how much I gained over the day.
Yesterday morning I was 185.2. Last night I was 188.6. 185.4 this morning.
So the swing is about 3.5 pounds.
I've gained as much as 7 or 8 pounds over a couple day period, only to end up right back where I started a few days later.
I drink tons of water. Aquafina Grape water, mostly. I can tell when I get dehydrated by watching the scale, too. Today I'll be drinking a LOT.
I find that when I'm drinking coffee I tend to not drink my water, so I've cut way back on the coffee again. That seems to help.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #739
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

257 Today. As Long As I Stay In The 250's, I'm Happy! I Vary 10 pounds or so during the day, so I always weigh First Thing When I Get Up.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #740
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Andy, I checked yesterday to see how much I gained over the day.
Yesterday morning I was 185.2. Last night I was 188.6. 185.4 this morning.
So the swing is about 3.5 pounds.
I've gained as much as 7 or 8 pounds over a couple day period, only to end up right back where I started a few days later.
I drink tons of water. Aquafina Grape water, mostly. I can tell when I get dehydrated by watching the scale, too. Today I'll be drinking a LOT.
I find that when I'm drinking coffee I tend to not drink my water, so I've cut way back on the coffee again. That seems to help.
Much Better For You, Too, Scott! I Don't Think Any Of Us Drink Enough Water. First Thing I Feel When I don't Have enough Water intake, A Big Headache!