Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Pinar del Rio Oscuro

What are your thoughts on this cigar? Have heard good things about the Sun Grown, and as I am not normally a practicing maduro smoker anymore, haven't been keeping up with that. Back in the late 90s, most maddies became awefully one-dimensionaly and so I moved one.

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
Walt

Default Re: Pinar del Rio Oscuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
What are your thoughts on this cigar? Have heard good things about the Sun Grown, and as I am not normally a practicing maduro smoker anymore, haven't been keeping up with that. Back in the late 90s, most maddies became awefully one-dimensionaly and so I moved one.

Thanks.
I've had a handful of them a couple of months back. I seem to remember them being like the Padilla Obsidians in terms of requiring extra work to keep them lit. Flavors were good and its a solid smoke overall.

Personally, I think the real winner in the Pinar del Rio lineup is the Classico Exclusivo (Connecticut) Lancero.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I smoked my first one of these today...was not impressed. Was rather bland...expected more from this stick.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

IMHO they were pretty much one dimensional, I was not super pleased with this stick, I expected it to be better. The SG however was much better.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #5
mariogolbee

I had one the other day and I loved it. A good price for a box of them came up yesterday on Monster and I pulled the trigger. They should be here in a week and if you'd like maybe we could swap a few if you'd like.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
vankleekkw
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kris
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
vankleekkw is on a distinguished road

I like the HSG a lot more than the Oscuro. I plan on keeping the box in the back for awhile to let it age a bit. I think that the Oscuro wrapper is what is holding it back as it has many of the same flavors as the Sun Grown.
vankleekkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #7
mikeandshellie2
Feeling at Home

First Name: Shellie
Trading: (72)
Cohiba
mikeandshellie2 has a spectacular aura aboutmikeandshellie2 has a spectacular aura about

Interesting how everyone can have different opinions. Personally, I really like this cigar, but that's just my two cents.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #8
tuxpuff
Feeling at Home

First Name: Luke
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
tuxpuff will become famous soon enough

I have one sitting in the humi that I need to try...in general I've enjoyed the HSG and Clasico.
tuxpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #9
vankleekkw
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kris
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
vankleekkw is on a distinguished road

I think that I'll dry box one for a day before smoking the next one.
vankleekkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
mariogolbee

I picked up the sampler from Monster a while back so I've got three types. I'll have to give the other one's a try soon. But I've got so many new ones to try with so little time.