Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 11-03-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
Dgar

Default First tin...

Picked up my first Tin of tobacco.

Samuel Gawth... 1792 flake, I believe thats the year... Im at the office, cant check...

Smoked a bowl last night, and on the advice of the guy working at the B/M, I mixed the 1792/ 50/50 with a flake I picked up in bulk, called 2010.

I enjoyed the mixture, I burned this bowl till there was nothing but a little white ash left in the bowl, looking forward to trying another bowl tonight.

This B/M dosent carry a lot of tins, but they did have Squadrin Leader, If I enjoyed the 1792 flake, do you think the squadrin leader would be a good next choice for a Tin?

Still learning as a newbie to pipes from cigars, so far I've learned just because it smells all tooty fruity dosent mean its going to taste that way, and just because it smells like shoe polish it dosent mean its going to taste bad either.... currently leaning towards the non aromatics, last week it was the aromatics..... ahh the joy of discovery and being a newbie to the pipes.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
macms
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trading: (56)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
macms has disabled reputation
Default Re: First tin...

Your kill'en me here! I can't wait to smoke a few bowls of baccy so that I can play to!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
physiognomy
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
ERdM
physiognomy will become famous soon enough

The bulk flake you picked up was McClelland's #2010 Classic Virginia... Tasty stuff, but I have found it a little bity when fresh, especially if not dried before smoking. Put some away in a jar & forget about it for a year or so (longer the better) & you won't be disappointed imho.
physiognomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
Python

Squadron Leader is a great tobacco, but it is entirely different from 1792 Flake. The Squadron Leader has Latakia and is an English Blend, the 1792 is flavored with Tonquin and could be classified as an Aromatic.
I would highly recommend the Squadron Leader. Every cigar smoker that I know that has tried it has liked it.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
Dgar

Thanks python, I'll make squadron leader my next tin....

Dont sweat it Fred... you got the Pipes, and the Tobacco is in route.. it wont be long.. We'll be reading your tobacco reviews any day!

Physiognomy..
Thanks for the info on the 2010, the guys at the B/M raved about it, so i'll take your advice, air out a little the next time I pack my pipe, and I'll be sure to store some away and let it age.