Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-07-2017, 11:12 AM   #461
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

Nice pick ups Andrew.

Have a bcm 14.5 with a pin and weld on the way.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:19 AM   #462
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
I picked up a Charter Arms .38 in "gator" skin, a Sig SP2022 in 9mm, a Ruger American .450 Bushmaster, a Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor, a Savage .17 HMR, a Windham AR-15 .223 and I'm sure there is a few others I forgot.
Wow man! Did you leave anything for the rest of us?

Went the other day to fill out some paperwork for another can. They said the wait is 10-14 months right now??? That's a little ridiculous.... While I was there I picked up a used S&W 1 1/2 in .22 short for only $100.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:05 PM   #463
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

One of my newer acquisitions... a 3rd Gen. Smith & Wesson Semi-automatic

Model 6946 - a police trade-in marked N.P.D.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:22 PM   #464
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

My newest pick up. RIA 1911

Old 10-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #465
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

I'd been wanting to get a 9mm carbine of some kind for a while, but was in no hurry and took time to look at some in person. Also, it's become more of a buyer's market these last 9-11 months or so, another reason to not rush into a purchase.

Today I picked up a Freedom Ordnance FX-9, basically an AR platform in 9mm, that uses Glock magazines. Was able to get a (smallish) discount for cash, which allowed me to pick up a set of "iron" sights to throw on the gadget rail.

The FX-9 seems to have a good reputation, but this was the first one I'd seen in person, so I took the time to look it over pretty well. This thing appears fitted up nicely, and the outside looks like they clean the guns up pretty good before putting the finish on. There are certainly some AR makers who don't seem to think that, even in a really crowded field of competitors, they need to get rid of rough spots that a shooter's fingers really won't like.

Anyhow, I will get a chance to try this out on Sunday, hopefully.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:47 AM   #466
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
I'd been wanting to get a 9mm carbine of some kind for a while, but was in no hurry and took time to look at some in person. Also, it's become more of a buyer's market these last 9-11 months or so, another reason to not rush into a purchase.

Today I picked up a Freedom Ordnance FX-9, basically an AR platform in 9mm, that uses Glock magazines. Was able to get a (smallish) discount for cash, which allowed me to pick up a set of "iron" sights to throw on the gadget rail.

The FX-9 seems to have a good reputation, but this was the first one I'd seen in person, so I took the time to look it over pretty well. This thing appears fitted up nicely, and the outside looks like they clean the guns up pretty good before putting the finish on. There are certainly some AR makers who don't seem to think that, even in a really crowded field of competitors, they need to get rid of rough spots that a shooter's fingers really won't like.

Sounds pretty cool. The 9 is really nice in a carbine with the lower recoil which always equals accuracy.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #467
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

I tried out the Freedom Ordnance twice. It was hitting low at 15-20 yards, so I had to shorten the front sight post. Can't say I really like whittling on a brand new gun, or in this case the brand new MagPul back up sights, but it's mine so what the heck. That did the trick, it's dead on now. My 55 year old eyes are asking me to put a red dot scope on the top rail as well.

It functions just fine with all magazines tried, even when some jacketed hollow point ammo was mixed in. Based on my experience, and reviews read on line, I think the company has a winner here. Now, to talk Freedom Ordnance into sending me a logo hat or t-shirt for free!
Old 10-30-2017, 05:59 PM   #468
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever View Post
My newest pick up. RIA 1911
Think I may have that same holster

Going sometime this week to pickup a new 1911 to add to the collection. I will post some photos if I can get this new photo uploader working....
Old 11-06-2017, 03:33 AM   #469
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Picked it up on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing how it does.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-06-2017, 04:19 AM   #470
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Looks good Hal.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:20 AM   #471
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:

Sounds like a fun pick up.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:24 PM   #472
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

It's been running just fine, I consider testing/break-in to be over. The 16" barrel adds give or take 300 feet per second to 115 grain ammo, compared to say a 4" Glock handgun.

I have it zeroed for 25 yards, which seems to put it an inch or so high at 50 yds. That goes along with what I've read, which further states it should then be almost dead on again at 100.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:31 AM   #473
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

Anybody else notice the deals on some if not most of Remington's guns lately? For example the little RM380 can be had for $100 with sale price and rebate subtracted.
I think the company has been merged, conglomerated, and reorganized too many times. Plus, a couple of lawsuits on defective products haven't helped.

If you have confidence in their stuff, this may be a good time to buy.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:48 AM   #474
dijit
Have My Own Room

Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
Anybody else notice the deals on some if not most of Remington's guns lately? For example the little RM380 can be had for $100 with sale price and rebate subtracted.
I think the company has been merged, conglomerated, and reorganized too many times. Plus, a couple of lawsuits on defective products haven't helped.

I think Remington is trying to entice customers back with incredible pricing due to the bad press. They have had some hand guns in the past 15 years but I still swear by their rifles and wouldnt have a problem with most of their handguns.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:26 AM   #475
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Name:  B58F86B7-1799-4B33-9D02-6BF362A02EAA.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  9.7 KB

This RIA Tac II Ultra CS is en route to my FFl
Old 11-24-2017, 08:22 AM   #476
dijit
Have My Own Room

Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

On a different note, I just picked up a Makarov in the 9mm short. Had the egyptian version of this pistol in 380 about 20 years and its one of those I should have never let get away!
Old 11-24-2017, 05:37 PM   #477
Flynnster
Life's too short Swishers

Trading: (7)
Flynnster has a spectacular aura aboutFlynnster has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I took advantage of this and picked up my first shotgun this week! Less than $200 for a 870 12 Gauge. Should serve me well as I get my hunting license and begin down that path.
Flynnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:13 PM   #478
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnster View Post
I took advantage of this and picked up my first shotgun this week! Less than $200 for a 870 12 Gauge. Should serve me well as I get my hunting license and begin down that path.
Good grab!
Old 11-24-2017, 06:36 PM   #479
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

So I’m looking at getting a glock 43 for concealed carry. Any thought pro or con? Figured since I’ve been in Texas for a year now I need a gun like everyone else.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #480
benedic08
Bob's great grandson

First Name: Benedic
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
benedic08 has a spectacular aura aboutbenedic08 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba View Post
So I’m looking at getting a glock 43 for concealed carry. Any thought pro or con? Figured since I’ve been in Texas for a year now I need a gun like everyone else.
Nice and light to carry. I opted to get the Taran Butler +3 base pad then you have 9+1 rounds of 9mm
benedic08 is offline   Reply With Quote