Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 01-29-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
Lexxxus
I break for Cubans

First Name: Wayne
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
Lexxxus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vinotemp: a lesson bad customer service UPDATE

Well, I was floored today to hear back from "The Supervisor" at Vinotemp. She told me my cooler was not a genuine VT and they would not send me the missing screws.

She said the serial number did not match their records and the Canadian distributor was buying them directly from the manufacturer. He is no longer selling VT and sold his remaining stock to another local company and I bought the last one.

So, in essence it is the 100% same unit (right down to the VT logo and emblem) but just not purchased through their distribution chain. She was incredibly rude to me and told me I should go back to the people who sold it to me.

They finally agreed to sell me the screws. $1 each and $10 shipping and handling. Even though the circumstances were unique she could have made an exception for the sake of customer relations.

I was thinking about getting a large VT dual zone wine fridge for for my home but after this fiasco I will be looking at other brands.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
AllOGistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxxus View Post
I was thinking about getting a large VT dual zone wine fridge for for my home but after this fiasco I will be looking at other brands.
I certainly don't blame you. I guess they don't understand that it's not just about the screws. It's about taking care of your customers. That woman is just full of
Old 01-30-2009, 05:47 AM   #3
SmokinDuck
Nuts I tell ya.

Trading: (1)
SmokinDuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, I was floored today to hear back from "The Supervisor" at Vinotemp. She told me my cooler was not a genuine VT and they would not send me the missing screws.

She said the serial number did not match their records and the Canadian distributor was buying them directly from the manufacturer. He is no longer selling VT and sold his remaining stock to another local company and I bought the last one.

So, in essence it is the 100% same unit (right down to the VT logo and emblem) but just not purchased through their distribution chain. She was incredibly rude to me and told me I should go back to the people who sold it to me.

They finally agreed to sell me the screws. $1 each and $10 shipping and handling. Even though the circumstances were unique she could have made an exception for the sake of customer relations.

I would try to go higher in the food chain until you get to someone that will treat you the way you should be treated.

Ask the "supervisor" for their "supervisor" and don't stop until you get what you need. You bought their product, don't put up with any of their crap.
SmokinDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Quote:

Wow, at least she's willing to bend over backwards for customers. Unreal.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
FrequenC
Look Away! I'm Hideous!!

First Name: Alex
Trading: (9)
PL
FrequenC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vinotemp... a lesson bad customer service.

Not for anything but if I was in your position I would have asked to speak to her supervisor followed by telling her to shove her screws straight up into her descending colon and gone straight to Home Depot to grab some screws. Douche bags like that should not be in Customer Service.

Either way you should still get a hold of her supervisor and relay the whole story to him/her.

Hope you get this sorted out without having to pay $12 for 2 flipping screws!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:39 AM   #6
lostark374
Framed

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (5)
ERdM
lostark374 has disabled reputation

talk about getting screwed for screws!!!
lostark374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

Response to my email below:

Sean

Thank you for your email. We will contact Cigarasylum.com regarding this post. (oopsie)

We request serial numbers as a means of quality assurance and this verifies true Vinotemp product. We have been in the business of manufacturing wine cellars for 25 years.

His unit was not a Vinotemp. He purchased a counterfeit Vinotemp and did not purchase from an authorized dealer and wants us to make good on a counterfeit item.

Vinotemp always stands behind there product and has always put the customers experience 1st and foremost.

We recommend you purchase the product through an authorized dealer. If you let me know the area you are located I can recommend a dealer for you.

Thank You,

Alvin Patrick

It sounds like the middleman in Canada is bypassing Vinotemp and buying the units directly from the factory (in China no doubt), sticking a Vinotemp sticker on them and passing them off as real. I could see Vinotemp being pissed at this and not wanting to support this product (since it isn't theirs). Try to get phone support for an illegal version of MS Office to see what I mean. Course, if this is what happened, it would be nice if they would be more clear on what is happening.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
Jay Hemingway
I know because of KRS1

Trading: (7)
LFdC
Jay Hemingway will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGAR View Post
Response to my email below:

Sean

Thank you for your email. We will contact Cigarasylum.com regarding this post. (oopsie)

We request serial numbers as a means of quality assurance and this verifies true Vinotemp product. We have been in the business of manufacturing wine cellars for 25 years.

His unit was not a Vinotemp. He purchased a counterfeit Vinotemp and did not purchase from an authorized dealer and wants us to make good on a counterfeit item.

Vinotemp always stands behind there product and has always put the customers experience 1st and foremost.

We recommend you purchase the product through an authorized dealer. If you let me know the area you are located I can recommend a dealer for you.

Thank You,

Alvin Patrick

see this here explains the situation and i agree with them (vinotemp).

i still believe that could have been explained just like that to the OP in the first place, as well as the offer to sell the screws.
Jay Hemingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation
Default Re: Vinotemp... read the whole thread

Edited the thread title to a neutral position. Put a note summarizing why in the first post. Bad situation for both sides.