Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #61
Blueface
Gramps 4x's
 
Blueface's Avatar
4
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Location: Boca Raton - North of La Habana
Posts: 8,773
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
cranberry juice causing them or preventing them? I've been drinking the hell out of cranberry juice lately. forgot to mention that in my drink list.
According to my uroligist, cranberry juice is worse for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenguamor View Post
Damn, brother. You're cursed with these.

Good thing your life is blessed in so many other ways.
Very true on both counts.
__________________
Little known fact: I am a former member of the Village People - The Indian
Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #62
smokeyandthebandit05
Feeling at Home
 
smokeyandthebandit05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Rich
Location: Branchville
Posts: 758
Trading: (1)
smokeyandthebandit05 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

Oh man seein those pics I scrolled down and had to scroll back up. After seein a bunch of guys on here and CS having these things I can only hope I never have to deal with them or by the time Im a FOG they have some super easy way of getting rid of them
__________________
MIAMI CANES 9-4
NJ DEVILS 37-21-3
smokeyandthebandit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #63
STYX&STONED
I TAKE SPECIAL VITAMINS
 
STYX&STONED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Gary
Location: Southeast Ohio
Posts: 70
Trading: (1)
RyJ
STYX&STONED is on a distinguished road
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

461 is nothing. I have to be well over 700 life time for these little bastards. Passed 14 just in the year of 08 and have already passed 2 on the 6th & 7th of this month. Just photoed and weighed the last 3 years worth @ 6.628 grams. Photo to come.
__________________
READ MY LIPS!!!
STYX&STONED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #64
Chris.
PSHC!
 
Chris.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,842
Trading: (25)
Partagas
Chris. will become famous soon enoughChris. will become famous soon enough
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

461 is nothing compared to 700+, but the article said they pulled 461 all at one time. I can't imagine the pains.
__________________
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/image.php?u=265&type=sigpic&dateline=1228179919
Chris. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #65
STYX&STONED
I TAKE SPECIAL VITAMINS
 
STYX&STONED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Gary
Location: Southeast Ohio
Posts: 70
Trading: (1)
RyJ
STYX&STONED is on a distinguished road
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

Blueface is correct.. There are many of us who's bodies can just not seem to work this out no matter the diet or meds. I've been doing this for 25 years none stop with my longest break between stones being only 3 months. and my kidney has shut down 3 times due to stones. The picture below shows what I have passed here at the office in the past 3 years. the 4 larger stones are just a bit bigger than a pencil eraser.
416 my ass being pulled threw a scope in your back aint ****. Try passing these big boys threw the head of your pee bug!!!!
__________________
READ MY LIPS!!!
STYX&STONED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #66
Blueface
Gramps 4x's
 
Blueface's Avatar
4
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Location: Boca Raton - North of La Habana
Posts: 8,773
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYX&STONED View Post
461 is nothing. I have to be well over 700 life time for these little bastards. Passed 14 just in the year of 08 and have already passed 2 on the 6th & 7th of this month. Just photoed and weighed the last 3 years worth @ 6.628 grams. Photo to come.
Man, misery loves company.

While some on here have passed a few, and that in no way is an easy feat of any kind as one stone is frankly one too many and as such, I will never even infer to trivialize that in any way, few know what it is to be chronic sufferer.

I am astonished to actually communicate with someone who has had this condition of mine to such a level even I can't possibly imagine.
MY GOD do you give me a whole new perspective. Not that I have ever complained about why me. I don't see it that way at all. "Why me" won't solve crap and won't ease the pain when they come. Folks like us just somehow learn to accept this as part of life and we deal with it.
In my case, I know on average, once a year, I will have one.
Unfortunately, there have been three in the last 6 months or so but on the positive side, I am hopefully looking forward to another three yearr break as I recall having until this past July.

You on the other hand are something else and truly a chronic sufferer if ever one. My heart goes out to you.
Again, knowing first hand what this stuff is like on a regular basis, I am truly, truly, truly amazed.
__________________
Little known fact: I am a former member of the Village People - The Indian
Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #67
STYX&STONED
I TAKE SPECIAL VITAMINS
 
STYX&STONED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Gary
Location: Southeast Ohio
Posts: 70
Trading: (1)
RyJ
STYX&STONED is on a distinguished road
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

There are a few things I have learned when it comes to dealing with these bad boys.
1. If you go to the hospital for the pain, they want to dope you up and admit you for days until it passes. That cost a lot of $ and to me, is a HUGE waste of time.
2. If you know its coming, stay active and on your feet while increasing your liquid intake. Being up moving around and doing your best to keep up with the days work load will help it pass much faster.
3. Believe it or not, the big ones cause more pressure pain while slowing the flow of pee but the little ones with the jagged edges make me want to punch things.
& last but not least
4. As most of you look at those pictures and say, "you poor SOB"... I have learned to deal with this form of pain and if given something to deal with for my entire life...I'll take what I've been given. There are many other people out there that suffer from other forms of chronic pain that I do not believe I could handle as well as I do the kidney stone pain. And it could be worse than this, at least it not terminal just chronic.
__________________
READ MY LIPS!!!
STYX&STONED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #68
Blueface
Gramps 4x's
 
Blueface's Avatar
4
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Location: Boca Raton - North of La Habana
Posts: 8,773
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYX&STONED View Post
There are a few things I have learned when it comes to dealing with these bad boys.
1. If you go to the hospital for the pain, they want to dope you up and admit you for days until it passes. That cost a lot of $ and to me, is a HUGE waste of time.
2. If you know its coming, stay active and on your feet while increasing your liquid intake. Being up moving around and doing your best to keep up with the days work load will help it pass much faster.
3. Believe it or not, the big ones cause more pressure pain while slowing the flow of pee but the little ones with the jagged edges make me want to punch things.
& last but not least
4. As most of you look at those pictures and say, "you poor SOB"... I have learned to deal with this form of pain and if given something to deal with for my entire life...I'll take what I've been given. There are many other people out there that suffer from other forms of chronic pain that I do not believe I could handle as well as I do the kidney stone pain. And it could be worse than this, at least it not terminal just chronic.
All valid points. While the bigger ones do cause more pressure, I have found the smaller ones with those jagged edges to be the real painful ones.

As far as hospital, I have to admit that out of my 16, I have gone to the ER about 5 or 6 times.
The ones in July landed me there whether I wanted it or not. I was vomiting so much and so uncontrolled, as the pain intensified, that I was very dehydrated and came close to losing consciousness. It is a very good thing I went. I could not hold down water and as you know, that is the number cure for a stone. So, you have to know when to run for that morphine and IV but most can be passed at home.

Oh.......and I did have that magical one back in 2003 that they had to go in manually through the opening on my you know what and extract it. I had spent 13 days trying to pass it on my own as I refused to listen to the Dr. and let him go in and get it. I finally couldn't take it anymore and agreed to be admitted for the procedure. Thank God I was knocked out for that one or I would have knocked him out. I flew cross country with that stone. You should see what it feels like at 35,000 feet.

Hey, I feel like I found a support group.
__________________
Little known fact: I am a former member of the Village People - The Indian
Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #69
Kreth
Ronin smoker
 
Kreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
First Name: Jeff
Location: Oneonta, NY
Posts: 3,620
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Oh.......and I did have that magical one back in 2003 that they had to go in manually through the opening on my you know what and extract it.
Didn't I ask nicely that you not elaborate?
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #70
rizzle
Order Restored
 
rizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: st pete, fl
Posts: 2,679
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05 View Post
Oh man seein those pics I scrolled down and had to scroll back up. After seein a bunch of guys on here and CS having these things I can only hope I never have to deal with them or by the time Im a FOG they have some super easy way of getting rid of them
Bro, being a FOG ain't got nothing to do with it.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #71
rizzle
Order Restored
 
rizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: st pete, fl
Posts: 2,679
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: #16 is due - just a matter of time now

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYX&STONED View Post
Blueface is correct.. There are many of us who's bodies can just not seem to work this out no matter the diet or meds. I've been doing this for 25 years none stop with my longest break between stones being only 3 months. and my kidney has shut down 3 times due to stones. The picture below shows what I have passed here at the office in the past 3 years. the 4 larger stones are just a bit bigger than a pencil eraser.
416 my ass being pulled threw a scope in your back aint ****. Try passing these big boys threw the head of your pee bug!!!!
Wow. Just. Wow.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content is copyrighted jointly by Cigar Asylum and the content provider.