Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #21
Linus
Virtualization Geek
 
Linus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Linus
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 134
Trading: (2)
RyJ
Linus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesOpusX View Post
Lets lay this out in plain english...

No boobies for avatars.
Or other various "body parts"?
__________________
It has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain when awake. ~Mark Twain || Cigar Newbie
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #22
Squid
Old Man Herfer
 
Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poorhouse, NC
Posts: 153
Trading: (1)
VR Navy (Retired)
Squid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
I hate to take down my Marine Corps flag. Can I keep it up until after November 10 (USMC Birthday)?
Come on mods, please let this brother keep the flag of my SISTER Service up for a while longer!
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #23
nozero
ברוך השם
 
nozero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Michael
Location: Dancing in the rain
Posts: 1,031
Trading: (6)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
nozero will become famous soon enoughnozero will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Hope I'm not overstepping bounds, but I'm of the opinion that if the mod staff has an issue with a particular avatar, it should be taken up with that inmate, rather than to address the masses.

It may also be a good idea to post something in the site rules about what will be considered acceptable and what will not.

Another option here, that may take some major programming to implement, is to have the avatars all be processed through the system and approved by one of the mods prior to acceptance.

Just my opinion FWIW.

Respectfully,
Michael
__________________

Help find cures.
nozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #24
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.
 
shilala's Avatar
6
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Scott
Posts: 13,507
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
The Team of 11 has now agreed to make all smartass's have Hello Kitty avatars. Changes will take effect within the hour.
Do Al first, PLEASE!!! hehehe
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #25
Genetic Defect
difetosso
 
Genetic Defect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Perry
Location: somewhere under the rainbow
Posts: 5,177
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozero View Post
Hope I'm not overstepping bounds, but I'm of the opinion that if the mod staff has an issue with a particular avatar, it should be taken up with that inmate, rather than to address the masses.

It may also be a good idea to post something in the site rules about what will be considered acceptable and what will not.

Another option here, that may take some major programming to implement, is to have the avatars all be processed through the system and approved by one of the mods prior to acceptance.

Just my opinion FWIW.

Respectfully,
Michael
its a new policy or heads up intended for all to follow.
Genetic Defect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #26
poker
1:11
 
poker's Avatar
2
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Kelly
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,279
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozero View Post
Hope I'm not overstepping bounds, but I'm of the opinion that if the mod staff has an issue with a particular avatar, it should be taken up with that inmate, rather than to address the masses.

It may also be a good idea to post something in the site rules about what will be considered acceptable and what will not.

Another option here, that may take some major programming to implement, is to have the avatars all be processed through the system and approved by one of the mods prior to acceptance.

Just my opinion FWIW.

Respectfully,
Michael
Thanks Michael.

We have usually always left options like avatars up to the members to decide what is appropriate and not appropriate in the past. We feel that most everyone here is an adult and can think for themselves. We would prefer to allow the members to decide first.

97% or so of the members here are familiar with how we ran other boards, and pretty much know the ground rules have not changed here.
The other 3% or so of the members we hope would read the stickies. This way it does not appear to be a targeted rule to the few in violation, but rather a general policy for everyone. This way nobody feels singled out per say.


The other suggestion of avatar processing would be too much work to be honest.

We have talked about this for some time behind closed doors and never said anything until now.

Trust me, nothing much is done here on an administrative level without plenty of dialog and feedback with the staff.

There is a definite plan in place on how this will be done.

Your feedback is appreciated though.

Thank you

Kelly
__________________

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro


Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #27
nozero
ברוך השם
 
nozero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Michael
Location: Dancing in the rain
Posts: 1,031
Trading: (6)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
nozero will become famous soon enoughnozero will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
Thanks Michael.

We have usually always left options like avatars up to the members to decide what is appropriate and not appropriate in the past. We feel that most everyone here is an adult and can think for themselves. We would prefer to allow the members to decide first.

97% or so of the members here are familiar with how we ran other boards, and pretty much know the ground rules have not changed here.
The other 3% or so of the members we hope would read the stickies. This way it does not appear to be a targeted rule to the few in violation, but rather a general policy for everyone. This way nobody feels singled out per say.


The other suggestion of avatar processing would be too much work to be honest.

We have talked about this for some time behind closed doors and never said anything until now.

Trust me, nothing much is done here on an administrative level without plenty of dialog and feedback with the staff.

There is a definite plan in place on how this will be done.

Your feedback is appreciated though.

Thank you

Kelly
Kelly,

Thanks very much for the detailed and articulate reply! My you all succeed in your endeavor.

Respectfully,
Michael
__________________

Help find cures.
nozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #28
Bad Finger
The Duke of Dank
 
Bad Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
First Name: Clancy
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 218
Trading: (4)
SLR
Bad Finger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Can someone please tell me about the Avatar requirements rather than rules?

As in, what needs to be done in order to upload a working GIF file for animation? I see members have this working, but for some reason I can't get my gif avatar that works on all my other forums to work here. Is there some specific requirement that I'm missing?


Thanks for the help in advance!
Bad Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #29
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin
 
emopunker2004's Avatar
1
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
First Name: Justin
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Posts: 6,166
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Finger View Post
Can someone please tell me about the Avatar requirements rather than rules?

As in, what needs to be done in order to upload a working GIF file for animation? I see members have this working, but for some reason I can't get my gif avatar that works on all my other forums to work here. Is there some specific requirement that I'm missing?


Thanks for the help in advance!
PM Blak Smyth. He's been the one making peoples avatars
__________________
Cigar Asylum: Where all are equal, unless you are from CA, then you are more equal.
emopunker2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut
2
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PopTarts
Posts: 3,815
Trading: (63)
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
PM Blak Smyth. He's been the one making peoples avatars
That has absolutely nothing to do with what he asked.
NCRadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #31
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!
 
Blak Smyth's Avatar
2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
First Name: SD
Location: THE WOOD
Posts: 8,486
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Finger View Post
Can someone please tell me about the Avatar requirements rather than rules?

As in, what needs to be done in order to upload a working GIF file for animation? I see members have this working, but for some reason I can't get my gif avatar that works on all my other forums to work here. Is there some specific requirement that I'm missing?


Thanks for the help in advance!
The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
It looks like you got it working, that is pretty awesome!
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
Blak Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #32
Bad Finger
The Duke of Dank
 
Bad Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
First Name: Clancy
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 218
Trading: (4)
SLR
Bad Finger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Actually, I found out my answer. Most sites have a 120x120 policy, here it's 100x100px. Got it handled! Thanks again ya'll!
Bad Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #33
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin
 
emopunker2004's Avatar
1
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
First Name: Justin
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Posts: 6,166
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
That has absolutely nothing to do with what he asked.
sure it does. Shane has been making many GIF avatars for people. It would stand to reason he would know exactly what neeeds to be done to upload a working GIF avatar...
__________________
Cigar Asylum: Where all are equal, unless you are from CA, then you are more equal.
emopunker2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #34
pnoon
YNWA
 
pnoon's Avatar
12
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Peter
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,819
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Take it to PMs please.
Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #35
Da Klugs
Juan of 11
 
Da Klugs's Avatar
1
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Dave
Location: Right here
Posts: 3,888
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Things were running late at lunch today... ate my salad and soup in under 5 minutes.
__________________
Communities Not Commodities.
Punctuation challenged, but trying. 2 time defending Shack Cornhole finals losers.
Da Klugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #36
landhoney
Mr. Charisma
 
landhoney's Avatar
1
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Seth
Location: In the forest
Posts: 2,639
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
Things were running late at lunch today... ate my salad and soup in under 5 minutes.
Soup AND salad......fancy-shmancy.
__________________
Fields (to a heckling youngster): You're about to fall heir to a kitten stocking.
Kid: What's a kitten stocking?
Fields: A sock on the puss!
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #37
Bad Finger
The Duke of Dank
 
Bad Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
First Name: Clancy
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 218
Trading: (4)
SLR
Bad Finger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

I see somebody enjoyed the creepiness of an avatar staring at you!
Bad Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #38
Espresso
Coffee Extraordinaire
 
Espresso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
First Name: Tom
Location: Panama City, Panama
Posts: 45
Trading: (0)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
Espresso is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Poker, I agree 100%. I know I am new here and know this thread is old. But have been admin. & moderator of many forums. There is absolutely zero need for that. Even on a unmoderated forum that is a rule... Would your mother or boss like it?
Espresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #39
688sonarmen
Shipmate!
 
688sonarmen's Avatar
1
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
First Name: Jake
Location: Norwich, Ct
Posts: 2,696
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice
Default Re: Personal Avatar Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espresso View Post
Poker, I agree 100%. I know I am new here and know this thread is old. But have been admin. & moderator of many forums. There is absolutely zero need for that. Even on a unmoderated forum that is a rule... Would your mother or boss like it?
Who farted?
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content is copyrighted jointly by Cigar Asylum and the content provider.