Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 09-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #21
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
LOL! sounds intense! its get really tense when you know all you can do is wait for a roll do go wrong and that's the end. haha keep us updated on how it ends (especially what is in the basement!)
I'm scared as hell of that basement. We've had a couple of rough nights in a row. We've had 3 fights with very near player deaths in the last 2 games. We keep calling it early because it really is taxing. The only other boss we've encountered in the prison smacked us around hardcore. 1 character dragged the 2 unconcious ones out >.<

Also - our DM gets to the level of drunk where he can't describe stuff anymore
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #22
mariogolbee

Default Re: Board games / table top RPGs?

Hey Alex, are you on BGG?
Old 09-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #23
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
Hey Alex, are you on BGG?
Don't believe I've ever heard of it.

So....no

What is it?
Old 09-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #24
Jbailey
Brewcifer

First Name: Dave
Trading: (17)
Jbailey has disabled reputation

I work at a warehouse that supplies all kind of shops around the country with board games/tabletop games/card games etc. I agree 7 Wonders is a great game. I have been a big fan of Talisman for a long time. Fantasy Flight games took over for it and has redone the 4th edition. There are a bunch of expansions they have also added.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #25
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
Don't believe I've ever heard of it.

So....no

What is it?
It's an uber game forum. If you are into games then the site is amazing. It's a plethora of game knowledge. From Board games to RPG's to video games, kind of like Toys'R'Us. I'm on there with the same user name. Look me up.http://boardgamegeek.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbailey View Post
I work at a warehouse that supplies all kind of shops around the country with board games/tabletop games/card games etc. I agree 7 Wonders is a great game. I have been a big fan of Talisman for a long time. Fantasy Flight games took over for it and has redone the 4th edition. There are a bunch of expansions they have also added.
That job must be like HEAVEN! I own Talisman, but have not yet played it. Haven't played 7 Wonders yet, but I have heard great things about it. FFG makes some superb games, several of which I own and do play. I am especially glad that FFG took over Battlelore from Days of Wonder. This enabled me to get the French re-purposed edition. for FFG!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #26
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I've still got the old DC Heroes that I bought in the early 90s. I never played it b/c I didn't have any friends that were interested enough in that sort of thing to come over to play it. therefore, I never got into rpg board games.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #27
Tredegar
Sing along with me

Trading: (9)
Tredegar is on a distinguished road

I used to play tons of war games, now I never even crack a box open. I started with some SPI games, moved to AD & D, picked up Napoleonic miniatures and eventually became an Advanced Squad Leader addict. I still have most of my games, but sadly, I never play any more. I have put some of my older games up for sale on flebay in the past couple of years and have made a little bit of cash on it.
Tredegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #28
Lonely Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
Anyone in here a fan?

I've been playing 7 Wonders - a German card/board game - with a group of friends every couple of weeks. It is a lot of fun - and we find ourselves doing 10 games back-to-back at 30 minutes a game. Just don't seem to get tired of it. I am really trying to pressure one of the other guys in the group to pick up Settlers of Catan so we can start playing that, too

I am also playing in my first D&D game in probably 7 years on Friday night. So stoked to get back into it! Gonna be playing a Halfling Bard/Detective ine the game with 4 people, and then playing a (bearded) Female Dwarf Open-Handed Fighter in the 3 person game.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm so old, I played D&D and Battletech with the guys from FASA. LOL

This 7 Wonders card game...how many people can play? I'm trying to find some fun, faster paced games that more than 6 people can play, so we can get my whole group in on the game and not sit people out.

Lately we've been playing Warewolf (google it, it's basically a game about lying.) But I'm just not getting into it. I've heard large groups love this game...but we must be missing something.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #29
Jbailey
Brewcifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
I'm so old, I played D&D and Battletech with the guys from FASA. LOL

This 7 Wonders card game...how many people can play? I'm trying to find some fun, faster paced games that more than 6 people can play, so we can get my whole group in on the game and not sit people out. Up to 7 players and the games run 30-45min.

Lately we've been playing Warewolf (google it, it's basically a game about lying.) But I'm just not getting into it. I've heard large groups love this game...but we must be missing something.
In large groups a short fun game is The Resistance.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #30
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

Wow, this thread brings back a lot of memories. Back in Jr. High I used to play AD&D and Shadowrun. I love the world of Shadowrun, there's times I miss it. These days I don't have the patience (or the people to play with) for pen & paper, but I keep looking at some of the boardgame stuff out there right now like Settlers of Cataan. There's also a bunch of zombie games and a Cthulu game that look pretty cool, but the price tags are a little high.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #31
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktblunden View Post
Wow, this thread brings back a lot of memories. Back in Jr. High I used to play AD&D and Shadowrun. I love the world of Shadowrun, there's times I miss it. These days I don't have the patience (or the people to play with) for pen & paper, but I keep looking at some of the boardgame stuff out there right now like Settlers of Cataan. There's also a bunch of zombie games and a Cthulu game that look pretty cool, but the price tags are a little high.
Unfortunately those RPG Board games are super expensive. Ive seen most of them upwards of $60
Old 10-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #32
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

RA

Quote:
Unfortunately those RPG Board games are super expensive. Ive seen most of them upwards of $60
That's the only reason I don't own any of them. I've seen them slightly cheaper on Amazon, but still over $50. Maybe I need to convince some of my friends to pool some money together to get one.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #33
mariogolbee

Quote:
Quote:
That's the only reason I don't own any of them. I've seen them slightly cheaper on Amazon, but still over $50. Maybe I need to convince some of my friends to pool some money together to get one.
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_sea...text=ravenloft
This is the site I use. They beat most anybody else for new games by a long shot. Plus they give free shipping with orders over $100 and offer rewards discounts which accumulate at every $100 mark. They are awesome!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #34
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

I've been going through D&D withdrawls. I haven't played in 4 weeks now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #35
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_sea...text=ravenloft
This is the site I use. They beat most anybody else for new games by a long shot. Plus they give free shipping with orders over $100 and offer rewards discounts which accumulate at every $100 mark. They are awesome!
Bookmarked. Many thanks! Their site navigation is a little wacky, but the prices are great!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #36
mariogolbee

Quote:
Bookmarked. Many thanks! Their site navigation is a little wacky, but the prices are great!
Ya, their prices and service are great. They will sometimes buy OOP and HTF items and sell them for a little more, but at least they'll get them. After spending $300+ now I get an automatic 2% discount. 2% isn't much, but it's on top of already low prices if I'm already going to order $100 in product for free shipping, then $2 off isn't so bad. Enjoy!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #37
Jbailey
Brewcifer

Quote:
What games were you looking at MJ?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #38
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

I like monopoly and sorry.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #39
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbailey View Post
What games were you looking at MJ?
Castle Ravenloft, Mystery at the House on the Hill... basically the things put out by Wizards of The Coast. They tend to milk every penny out of ya.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #40
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

D&D night...freaking finally! Our group hasn't played since the middle of September . My work schedule ruined it.

However, the rest of the group plays Warhammer 40K, so they kept themselves entertained without me
Posted via Mobile Device