Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 05-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Dolphinswin
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Dolphinswin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A few questions and an introduction!

Thanks for the reply, With the humi pack how many cigars would you be limited to storing, and for how long will they keep? Lol humipaks and humi pouches are different right? Who would of thought cigar keeping is no easy task!
Dolphinswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphinswin View Post
Thanks for the reply, With the humi pack how many cigars would you be limited to storing, and for how long will they keep? Lol humipaks and humi pouches are different right? Who would of thought cigar keeping is no easy task!
Humi packs are like little water pillows which let out humidity. I am not sure humi pouches have any humidity releasing qualities, but are intended to store cigars for short periods of times. A water pillow or humi-pack will store a group of 15-25 cigars in a tupperware for well over a month, considering it is realitively airtight and depending on the humidity in your region.

I would consider finding a nice cheap humidor (25-50 count) from an online cigar retailer and invest in a small quantity of humidity regulating beads. Both of these can likely be had (with a sampler to boot) for about the same price as you could spend on humipacks for a years time.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Dolphinswin
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Dolphinswin is on a distinguished road

Alrighty so if need be I could buy humi packs and put them in with a air tight container. I read that these arturo fuente humipouches have 2 way humidity control and can store for 6 months. I will go to a local tobacco shop and see if I can get a cheap humidor, do you guys reccomend just starting with hump packs since there easier to maintain than having to deal with the real deal humidication devices? seriously can't thank you guys enough, finally have some people willing to help!
Dolphinswin is offline   Reply With Quote