Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #501
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010

Yep, congrats Brad. I didn't see this one coming either!!! I sure hope the Gators get it done at home!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #502
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Yep, congrats Brad. I didn't see this one coming either!!! I sure hope the Gators get it done at home!!!
They Will! SC Is On A Downhill Spiral.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #503
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Yes they are.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #504
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

i REALLY ENJOYED W....dangit. I really enjoyed the game, was a classic battle for sure. I laughed when they
compared it to Michigan - Ohio State rivalry. Although maybe it is. I think he was thinking of Ole Miss, though, lol.
QB play was adequate and even exciting at times.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #505
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
i REALLY ENJOYED W....dangit. I really enjoyed the game, was a classic battle for sure. I laughed when they
compared it to Michigan - Ohio State rivalry. Although maybe it is. I think he was thinking of Ole Miss, though, lol.
Definitely Your Best QB Play Of The Year From Both Players, Brad! Congrats!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #506
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
How Long Do I Have To Look At That Avitar Of Yours?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #507
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass View Post

Are you referring to that nasty hit near the side line by Nelson? Looked like it hurt! Sorry your guy got injured - I really do hate that - but last time I checked, hitting in bounds was still legal. It wasn't cheap at all... just a solid hit. Oh... And according to replay that late hit call was complete BS.

As for hoping that Jericho Nelson has a season ending injury... Well, that's just low, dude. Seriously, man.
Yep...thats the one I am referring too. It was dirty. That close to the end of the game, with that kind of lead-- dropping the helmet and putting all you have into a player that is 1 step from out of bounds and obviously running out is uncalled for. Period. It was legal, but unnecessary.

Maybe low for me to wish that on him, but it was low for him to make that hit, like that. A shove would have been plenty sufficient. I am sorry if you disagree.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #508
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
As a buddy of mine from Clemson says: "When the November winds start to blow, the curse of the chicken begins"

Think it'll be a good matchup for sure this saturday
Old 11-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #509
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Yeah, we will see. Honestly, I am more realistic than most SC fans. I do not see them winning against Florida and if they play like they did yesterday, they will get rolled by Clemson. Hell...if it were not for the win vs Alabama, they would not even be ranked right now. A lot of questionable calls by the coaching staff this season and that fake punt takes the cake as the most rediculous call this year. Not sure what the coaching staff was thinking.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #510
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Latest SEC representatives in the BCS:

#2 Auburn

#5 LSU

#12 Alabama

#15 Arkansas

#19 Mississippi State

#22 Florida ()

#23 South Carolina
Old 11-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #511
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

On a positive note, the Tide slipping brings them closer to the kid for the bowl game. Orlando or Tampa is looking about right now, unless we were to somehow get an at large bid to a BCS bowl. But I don't think that's gonna be possible at this point.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #512
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Yep...thats the one I am referring too. It was dirty. That close to the end of the game, with that kind of lead-- dropping the helmet and putting all you have into a player that is 1 step from out of bounds and obviously running out is uncalled for. Period. It was legal, but unnecessary.

Maybe low for me to wish that on him, but it was low for him to make that hit, like that. A shove would have been plenty sufficient. I am sorry if you disagree.
So you contend that players should stop giving 100% b/c they are winning and time is winding down? Sorry... I completely disagree there. You seem to contend that since we were up and time is running out that our defense should chance a long sideline run from your team. Say Nelson lays up and goes for the shove... your boy cuts and gets passed him... Then what? See? So what, Nelson hit him hard. That's part of the game. Nelson undoubtedly feels bad for the guy being hurt, but that is also a risk of the game. There was no animosity there, no attempt to hurt the kid, just a solid hit. It wasn't dirty -- It was in bounds, legal contact, and in the play (not away from it). Hits aren't dirty b/c the other team is winning and the clock is winding down.

Players are coached to ALWAYS give 100% and to never lay up and to not take the chance on giving away the ground.

Don't be sorry for disagreeing with me... We can disagree and be friends. Be sorry that you're wishing ill upon a player who was doing his job b/c your boy got hurt doing his.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #513
Powers

Bolivar

Think we'll have any Saban to Dallas rumors??
Old 11-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #514
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Think we'll have any Saban to Dallas rumors??
No; I Think He's Done With The NFL, Michael.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #515
Powers

Bolivar

I think so as well, I was just ribbin' ya'll
I think they'll go after NFL guys like Cower and such
Old 11-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #516
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Cowher wants Carolina I think. Look for another big name, obviously.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #517
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Gaaaaaame!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #518
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Alright Smokin Gator......Gators n Chickens. Lets get it on......

*I wonder which Gamecocks team will show up?
Old 11-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #519
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Looks like the legit Gamecocks team showed up. If THAT Gamecocks team shows up in Atlanta, Auburn better bring their A-game. Well done guys.

...on a side note, WTF happened to Florida? The whole game, they played like SC normally does in the second half. I think the hurry up offense was a bad idea and bouncing around 3 QBs just seemed to cause a lot of confusion.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #520
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road

Glorious day in college football yesterday. Arkansas stomped UTEP (as expected) 58 - 21 (our 4th quarter second string always seems to give up a TD). And Tennessee raped Ole Miss 52-14. Oh how glorious it is when Arkansas wins and Houston Nutt gets humiliated.