Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Fitness advice available (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58676)

The Hulk 10-17-2012 01:18 AM

Fitness advice available

Hi all!

I know I'm new to the forum, but I wanted to put this out there for those who may need a little help. I have a BS in Exercise Physiology, been a certified personal trainer since '06, and Unit Health Promotion Coordinator for the US Coast Guard. I am currently preparing for a bodybuilding competition here at NSA Bahrain.

Enough of my credentials. I want to help anyone who is looking to make their lives healthier. I can help with workouts or nutrition advice. I look forward to helping out where I can. Just shoot me a message if interested. Thanks for your time folks.

Adriftpanda 10-17-2012 01:49 AM

Re: Fitness advice available

Glad to have you here, Tyler.

pektel 10-17-2012 02:34 AM

Welcome to CA, hulk. Great group of people here. :tu

I may have to take you up on that advice. I've been meaning to get back into shape, but haven't the slightest on where to begin.
Posted via Mobile Device

hammondc 10-17-2012 05:10 AM

Oh yeah!!

The Hulk 10-17-2012 11:38 AM

I love to help those who are willing to take it. Pete you got a message in your in box.

Emjaysmash 10-17-2012 12:36 PM

I'll probably be messaging you soon enough! :tu

mosesbotbol 10-17-2012 12:39 PM

What is an optimal copper and zinc intake one should have daily as guideline? Are there any forms of either mineral that are easy on the stomach?

The Hulk 10-17-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 1734883)
What is an optimal copper and zinc intake one should have daily as guideline? Are there any forms of either mineral that are easy on the stomach?

Normally 30 to 50mg is suggested as far as zinc goes. I hear different numbers on zinc. What I usually do is take a ZMA (zinc and magnesium) supplement before bed. Usually the doseage on the label will meet your daily requirements. The zinc helps w/ your immune system as well as natural testostrone production and maganesium is a natural muscle relaxer. I have never had any digestive problem w/ taking this supplement. Twin labs, optimum, and GNC are three good companies that manufacture this and they are trust worthy products. Many minerals such as zinc absorb better when taken w/ certain minerals (ZMA for example is one).

As far as copper I will have to get back with you. I normally don't deal w/ that as a form of supplmentation. Usually get enough copper building transmission cables ;) . I will definately look into it though.

I will put this disclaimer out there. I'm not a doctor so if you have any pre existing issues or your are taking medications please speak with your doctor before taking supplements:tu.

Chainsaw13 10-17-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hulk (Post 1734894)

I will put this disclaimer out there. I'm not a doctor so if you have any pre existing issues or your are taking medications please speak with your doctor before taking supplements:tu.

Oh, where's the fun in that? :D

357 10-17-2012 01:10 PM

Isn't copper somewhat linked to Alzheimer's?

http://www.jacn.org/content/28/3/238.full

mosesbotbol 10-17-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 357 (Post 1734907)
Isn't copper somewhat linked to Alzheimer's?

http://www.jacn.org/content/28/3/238.full

Here's an article on its benefits, but not much is needed: http://www.livestrong.com/article/11...r-supplements/

icehog3 10-17-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 1734919)
Here's an article on its benefits, but not much is needed: http://www.livestrong.com/article/11...r-supplements/

I only go to that website when I need blood doping advice, Moses. ;) :r

Remo 10-17-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1734940)

Kick him when he's down Admiral.....I like it :lr

BC-Axeman 10-17-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 (Post 1734943)
Kick him when he's down Admiral.....I like it :lr

We like dirty laundry.

Serious question.
What are your opinions about HGH and supplements to boost production of it?

mosesbotbol 10-17-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1734940)

Armstrong's results speak for themself.

Remo 10-17-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 1734953)
Armstrong's results speak for themself.

Ah...true :tu

The Hulk 10-17-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC-Axeman (Post 1734945)
We like dirty laundry.

Serious question.
What are your opinions about HGH and supplements to boost production of it?

HGH is still very new as far as research is concerned. The US doesn't do many studies on it due to the "steroid" stigma attached to it. But European countries have been doing studies for a short period. I'll have to find the article but they are testing it on children who are lagging behind in normal growth. The short and skinny is that it is making subjects grow with no side effects. Unfortunately no long term studies have been done that would give a better answer to long term damages it may cause.

From my research, plus my wife did a very interesting dissertation on it, the stuff seems be very effective with little to no side effects. It actually, on the surface looks like a miracle drug. I haven't taken it and won't due to it being against CG policy. Plus being 27 it would be hard to convince a Doc my libido and energy is to low to write a script -(P. I need to find her paper again to try and give you some really good resources.

Now there are many supplements that you can get at your local vitamin store that aid in testosterone production. Horny goat weed, saw palmetto, zinc, and tribulous to name a few. I've taken all these and noticed good results as far as my workout energy and muscle growth. Other products like Animal stack by Universal nutrition combines all these.

Remember when taking supplements like these you need to cycle of them and take as directed on the bottle or pack. Everyone is different and all supplements react differently on certain individuals.

Also I want to put this out there. There is nothing, and I mean nothing that is anywhere close to steroids sold in GNC. Worked there during college and got asked that question all the time. Hope this helps some.

Adriftpanda 10-17-2012 03:57 PM

One thing I wish I never got into... PWO. I feel like I can't get a good work out in without taking any PWO, oh and it has to be 3-1 dymeth. These high caffeine pwo doesn't work for me, I up the dosage to 2 scoops and it's just mehhh. PWO is like opening pandoras box.

Bax 10-17-2012 04:59 PM

Very cool of you Tyler. Might have a question or two for you in the future :tu

Emjaysmash 10-17-2012 05:46 PM

Wordy PM sent.

Take your time. ;)