Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Healthy way to cut weight? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=61035)

BHalbrooks 03-13-2013 06:44 PM

Healthy way to cut weight?

As the title states, I need to cut weight. I'm 6'1" at 218ish, and need to lose 10 pounds before the 28th. I'm eating a really healthy diet. For dinner I had a can of tuna, some crackers, and some cheese for example. It's not the most tuned in diet, obviously, but it's working well. I've lost 16ish pounds in the past 3-4 weeks. I don't drink Soda. Only Water, Crystal Light Lemonade mix, and Coffee with 3 splenda and Skim milk.

Aside from starving myself, have any of you had any experience with cutting weight?

After the 28th I'll explain what this is all for.

RobR1205 03-13-2013 07:14 PM

Re: Healthy way to cut weight?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHalbrooks (Post 1806897)
As the title states, I need to cut weight. I'm 6'1" at 218ish, and need to lose 10 pounds before the 28th. I'm eating a really healthy diet. For dinner I had a can of tuna, some crackers, and some cheese for example. It's not the most tuned in diet, obviously, but it's working well. I've lost 16ish pounds in the past 3-4 weeks. I don't drink Soda. Only Water, Crystal Light Lemonade mix, and Coffee with 3 splenda and Skim milk.

Aside from starving myself, have any of you had any experience with cutting weight?

I'm 6'0" and right around 200 pounds. I know caffeine ups you metabolism and have used it to help me cut fat. Green tea also helps with this. Upping you fiber and whole grain intake will also help...you burn more calories to digest these foods than your body actually gains from them. Make sure you take multivitans because when you lack a certain nutrient from your diet, your metabolism slows down. Finally, I would suggest eating a small appetizer (whether its crackers, fruit, or veggies) about 15-30 minutes before an actual meal. This will send a signal to your brain that there is food in your stomach and will make you much less hungry for an actual meal, that way your not starving yourself, but still consuming less than normal. Hope you find this useful!:tu

hotreds 03-13-2013 07:15 PM

What really does work is going very low carb. Obviously you can't do this forever(altho "low carb" IS possible.) but from now until the 28th if you lose the carbs you'll lose at least 10lbs. Atkins, Paleo, South Beach, etc etc. I am on a low carb and have been losing about 1-2 lbs a week, but I'm eating a fair amount of fruit so my carbs are not THAT low. If I quit the fruit I'd probably lose more quickly, but I'm happy losing and eating at a rate I can live with. The biggest enemy is starch- pasta, potatoes, bread, etc.

Sounds like you have it down pretty good, tho!

BHalbrooks 03-13-2013 07:21 PM

I forgot. I pretty much have cut out the "excess" food. Especially Breads, etc like you mentioned. I've also started doing portions more. I've always been a "Eh, that looks like enough food", and I think that's helped a lot. I've also started taking a GNC weight loss supplement.

Thanks 'reds and Rob.

Fordman4ever 03-13-2013 07:24 PM

I do paleo. No grains, no processed sugars, no dairy. That's the basics of it, but if you live by that code then you will start to cut more weight. I don't really know of a healthy way to cut 10lbs in 2 weeks minus starving yourself. slow and steady does it. I've lost 14lbs in the past 2.5 months with this diet and I feel amazing. my body is actually starting to use the fat stores for energy instead of all the grains and sugars I used to eat. I still eat dairy on occasion because my wife isn't doing paleo and she still puts cheese on stuff now and again.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

RobR1205 03-13-2013 07:24 PM

Somewhat different approaches from me and hotreds, but I'll echo what he said: keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working! Good luck buddy!

BHalbrooks 03-13-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordman4ever (Post 1806925)
I do paleo. No grains, no processed sugars, no dairy. That's the basics of it, but if you live by that code then you will start to cut more weight. I don't really know of a healthy way to cut 10lbs in 2 weeks minus starving yourself. slow and steady does it. I've lost 14lbs in the past 2.5 months with this diet and I feel amazing. my body is actually starting to use the fat stores for energy instead of all the grains and sugars I used to eat. I still eat dairy on occasion because my wife isn't doing paleo and she still puts cheese on stuff now and again.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobR1205 (Post 1806926)
Somewhat different approaches from me and hotreds, but I'll echo what he said: keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working! Good luck buddy!

Thanks guys

BHalbrooks 03-13-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobR1205 (Post 1806920)
I'm 6'0" and right around 200 pounds. I know caffeine ups you metabolism and have used it to help me cut fat. Green tea also helps with this. Upping you fiber and whole grain intake will also help...you burn more calories to digest these foods than your body actually gains from them. Make sure you take multivitans because when you lack a certain nutrient from your diet, your metabolism slows down. Finally, I would suggest eating a small appetizer (whether its crackers, fruit, or veggies) about 15-30 minutes before an actual meal. This will send a signal to your brain that there is food in your stomach and will make you much less hungry for an actual meal, that way your not starving yourself, but still consuming less than normal. Hope you find this useful!:tu

What's a good Multi Vitamin, Rob?

RobR1205 03-13-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHalbrooks (Post 1806931)
What's a good Multi Vitamin, Rob?

Currently, I take animalpak, which is more geared toward body building. A very good, and fairly inexpensive multi I would suggest is OptiMen by Optimum Nutrition. I'll pm you a link with the website I use to order various workout paraphernalia and supplements.

BHalbrooks 03-13-2013 07:33 PM

Boom. Appreciate it.

forgop 03-13-2013 08:30 PM

Wear this in a steamy shower/sauna. Exercise while wearing it for better results. http://www.amazon.com/Everlast-PVC-S...bs_14333001_13

If you're well hydrated, it should be no big deal cutting a few extra pounds the night before/morning of the 28th.

Lasix will work well too. ;)

Robulous78 03-14-2013 02:18 AM

I will echo NuRon (even though he hasn't posted here yet) and say that the MetRx Colossal 100 Meal replacement bars have done me (and pre-surgery, him) a lot of good... Available at any Walmart...

big a 03-14-2013 09:11 AM

+1 for paleo. A couple friend and myself are on it and all seeing some results after minimal time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobR1205 (Post 1806932)
Currently, I take animalpak, which is more geared toward body building. A very good, and fairly inexpensive multi I would suggest is OptiMen by Optimum Nutrition. I'll pm you a link with the website I use to order various workout paraphernalia and supplements.

Can you send me this link aswell please. I have been looking for a new multi to take.

BHalbrooks 03-14-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big a (Post 1807127)
+1 for paleo. A couple friend and myself are on it and all seeing some results after minimal time.

Can you send me this link aswell please. I have been looking for a new multi to take.

I'll forward it to you Andrew.

Thanks everyone.

Commander Quan 03-14-2013 11:30 AM

From the sound of it you're trying to make weight for something. The only way you'll loose 10 pound in 2 weeks is in water weight. Going low carb does tend to reduce water weight because a reduction in carbs tells your body to start burning muscle glycogen which is stored in water. The problem is that if you are doing this for some athletic reason 2 weeks isn't enough time for your body to make the change from burning glycogen to burning fat without some performance setbacks.

BHalbrooks 03-14-2013 11:44 AM

Yea, trying to make weight, but not for an athletic purpose, so performance wise setbacks aren't a problem. It's just trying to get down to that point.

This morning I was at 216. So 8 pounds, 2 weeks, 4 pounds a week shouldn't be a problem.

mosesbotbol 03-14-2013 12:51 PM

No booze and lots of fiber. Drink a gallon of water a day and get a double colonic about a week before the 28th. You'll be all

pnoon 06-27-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter007 (Post 1854840)
I think for this purpose exercise is important, It's not too much important that what kind of exercise... Any exercise that you have done and this effective to burn calories, You can do for fat eliminate. But the thing is most important is your diet. Make sure that you take such foods which is not produce body fat. So to get an effective results, You should do both things.

I think you need to respond to the PM I sent you and the questions others have directed to you.

Or just say buh-bye.

mosesbotbol 06-28-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 1807207)
No booze and lots of fiber. Drink a gallon of water a day and get a double colonic about a week before the 28th. You'll be all

Colonics will drop you weight and it is weight that you really want to drop in the body... Not only that, you'll feel really light and tight after.

icehog3 06-28-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHalbrooks (Post 1806897)

:tt