Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63655)

mahtofire14 02-21-2024 08:47 AM

Re: Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II

I'm going to try and frequent this thread to keep myself accountable. Played baseball in college and spent time in the gym daily, but was never a big muscle guy. Fast forward to now I've been gradually inching closer to 200 lbs over the last ten years. I'm 5'11 for reference. About 6 months ago I got up to 212 and had a mexico trip coming up and started hitting the gym 5 days a week on a lifting program that my wife's side gig promotes. Man I saw some nice results. But we ended up having to cancel the trip and I fell off the wagon. I'm sitting around 200 lbs again and am trying to get myself going again. Going to hit the same program because I was seeing good results. It's called Lift More and it's a mix of dumbell circuits, HIIT, and burnouts. First goal is to get back under 200 and hopefully closer to 190. I know with adding muscle I might not get there right away but that's fine. The scale doesn't tell the whole story.

We start today.

mosesbotbol 02-21-2024 09:31 AM

My wife follows Vladislava Galagan on YouTube. She is good for inspirational videos to get one to work out.

icehog3 02-21-2024 11:38 AM

Kick ass, Pete! :banger:

bonjing 02-22-2024 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2253504)
Kick ass, Pete! :banger:

:banger

Still going to the gym/training. Not as hard as I used to, 3 days a week down from 5 days a week. Taking a lot longer to recover than it used to. Not to many heavy weights in the gym so trying to keep up with the lighter faster guys is killing me.

icehog3 02-23-2024 07:07 AM

Glad you're still hitting it, Greg. :bx

mahtofire14 02-24-2024 08:27 AM

Two for two the last two days. It's amazing how the right workouts and routines make you feel solid after even a few days.

I know this might open a can of worms here but are you guys taking any supplements? I started creatine for the first time since high school. I read up on it a 6 months ago and found a lot of research saying it doesn't bloat you and really helps building muscle faster, and actually can help metabolism and cognitively.

I have been taking it since I started really working out again 6 months ago and I do think it's helped build muscle and I actually feel less foggy and quicker mentally on the days I use it. Could be all mental but I think it's benefiting me.

bonjing 02-26-2024 08:39 AM

I am using alpha joe coffee booster. It contains creatine, l-tyrosine and cocoa; mixed every morning with my coffee. Normal pre workout before hitting the mats and weights and a recovery eaa when I get home. Just started a collagen powder, don’t know how that will work.

Missed all last week due to overtime and laziness. Did a full body workout on Saturday to make up… what a nice sleep afterwards.

mosesbotbol 02-26-2024 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjing (Post 2253587)
Just started a collagen powder, don’t know how that will work.

Been using it for some time. You'll be clipping your nails and getting haircuts way more often at a minimum.

icehog3 02-27-2024 07:26 AM

I'm only doing a pre-workout at this time, I've used 'em all over the years but right now it's just that and good food.

bonjing 02-27-2024 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 2253588)
Been using it for some time. You'll be clipping your nails and getting haircuts way more often at a minimum.

Don’t get this balding man’s hopes up :sad

mosesbotbol 02-28-2024 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjing (Post 2253608)
Don’t get this balding man’s hopes up :sad

Throw that hope out the window.

This won't thicken or grow more hair. The hair you have (or don't) will just grow faster. ;s

bonjing 02-28-2024 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 2253623)
Throw that hope out the window.

This won't thicken or grow more hair. The hair you have (or don't) will just grow faster. ;s

All hope is lost :r I just don’t have the head for the bald look. :D

mosesbotbol 02-29-2024 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjing (Post 2253635)
All hope is lost :r I just don’t have the head for the bald look. :D

Plan a trip to Turkey for hair restoration then. :2 :)