Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63655)

swingerofbirches 03-06-2015 04:54 PM

Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3 II

Nice work, Tom!

Today was 5x5 Squats (315) & Leg Press (720)

Did some arm work today but stopped when my left shoulder (my typically good one) started hurting too much.
4 Sets : Close Grip Cable Pull Downs (progressive load 180 - 205) SS w/ Cable Curl EZBar (progressive load from 130-150) - each dropsetted in 30lb increments on last set; each to failure
Seated Preacher Curl @ 70 - 4x8
Overhead Rope Extensions @ 140 - 4x10

Had to stop before i hurt my shoulder too much to lift again on Sunday :/

icehog3 03-06-2015 05:38 PM

A good day, Charlie! :tu

Sancho 03-08-2015 01:04 PM

Nice work Tom and Charlie!

Today was
Chins and Dips (assisted) 3 to failure
Deadlifts 135,225,225,275,275 x5
Concept2 10km

Feeling a pretty good pump, this maybe the plamf

icehog3 03-09-2015 01:17 PM

Sick here, missed yesterday and today, tomorrow is still up in the air but likely a no-go as well. Hit it hard for me, Brothers.

swingerofbirches 03-09-2015 06:35 PM

Dang, Tom, hope you feel better soon.

I'm coming off a weekend of bad eating so I managed 1.25hrs of cardio today ... had to break the 1000cal burned marker. I'm shooting to drop weight/fat for the next couple of weeks anyway as we have a little trip coming up at the end of March.

Tomorrow will be 5x5 and more cardio.

icehog3 03-09-2015 11:18 PM

Good deal, Charlie. :tu

I am sick as a MoFo and am gonna be out for at least tomorrow, and I am guessing longer. This sh!t got a hold of me this time. :hn

swingerofbirches 03-11-2015 03:44 PM

Dang Tom, sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hopefully you'll be back in the saddle soon.

Yesterday was another 1000+ calorie burned cardio session.

Today was heavy chest/back finished up with a hypertrophic arm workout. Heading back later to do some cardio with the wife ... doubt it'll be the 1000 though. Need to peddle back a bit today so i can hit it hard tomorrow and friday.

icehog3 03-11-2015 05:35 PM

Keep fighting the good fight, Charlie...hope to join you again before the week is out.

swingerofbirches 03-11-2015 07:39 PM

Hey Tom ... any opinions on good but cheap pre-workout?

I'm loving the cardio-cuts but it's expensive and my wife uses it daily for the thermogenic and cardio so i want to go to CC only on cardio-only days. I'm cycled down on carbs those days anyway so the fat burner is a nice little boost. But i'm trying to achieve my full 40/40/20 split on lifting days, so i'm taking in 40% carbs and would prefer to be taking the most effective and cost effective pre-workout that I can on those days.

So far i've tried Cardio Cuts, Ab Cuts, C4 & Neon Sport.

Anyones thoughts are appreciated.

icehog3 03-12-2015 10:48 AM

None of the pre-workouts I have in my mix could really be considered inexpensive, Charlie. Right now I have original Jack3d, Pump Fuel, NO Explode, Hemo-rage and Prodigy in rotation. Unfortunately for me, it seems to be "yu get what you pay for".

swingerofbirches 03-12-2015 02:45 PM

No lift today ... another 1000cal cardio day.

I hear ya, Tom. I'm probably just going to hunt online until i find a sale or good deal on a pre-workout that I know works. Nobody wants to gamble on a tub of stuff that may turn out to be a big bust. :/

Adriftpanda 03-13-2015 01:39 PM

New to the board here, hi guys.

Charlie, I have a couple questions for you. Are you tracking how many calories you're consuming a day? And if you are, what is it?

As far as a pwo, I'm like Tom. I have a rotation of them I go through. ESP by Metabolic, Muscle Prime by Allmax, and AMP Matrix by Aesthetic Labs.

I don't know your tolerance for caffeine, stim, etc. but for price point, C4 is probably your best best. If there is a Costco near you, they sell 2 tubes for around $35-40, can't beat that.

If you can go without a pwo, more power to you, it's opening Pandora's box.

swingerofbirches 03-13-2015 03:31 PM

Hey Huy!

Yeah I track my food and try to stick to a 40/40/20 (carb/protein/fat) split on lifting days and a 30/50/20 split (or thereabouts) on cardio only days. I try to consume between 2000-2200cal/day. I shoot for 200g of protein per day considering that at absolute peak physical condition id prob be 205-215?

I'm a big guy (278 as of this morning), just for reference. I've lost a good bit of weight and put on a decent bit of muscle over the last year and a half.

Any and all advice is appreciated. Thx for the Costco tip!
I have a really high caffeine tolerance :( lol
I'm honestly really new to supplements despite a bit of pre-workout dabbling. So I'm also open to hearing whatever anyone has to say on stims vs no-stims.

swingerofbirches 03-13-2015 03:34 PM

The funny thing is that from my belly up and my mid-thigh down I look like a completely different person than in my middle ... if I posted a pic of my belly and then one of just my chest and up you wouldn't think it was the same person. In fairness my mid section is way smaller than it used to be, it just still bares the evidence of my sinful past. :)
I only recently started taking my diet really seriously (a couple of weeks) and my body is always slow to respond so I'm sure that I'll start seeing mid-section results here in a few weeks to a month.

icehog3 03-13-2015 05:13 PM

Slow, steady improvement, Charlie, sounds like you're on the right path.

GreekGodX 03-13-2015 07:29 PM

Here's the cheapest pre-workout I know of that works great.
http://truenutrition.com/p-995-buzz-...servings.aspx?

Adriftpanda 03-14-2015 02:20 AM

Made my weekly Costco trip. Saw the twin pack of C-4 for $39. Not sure if you have a Costco near you though.

swingerofbirches 03-14-2015 09:11 AM

Good call guys! I called my local GNC and they said that they'd price match the C4! :)

swingerofbirches 03-15-2015 02:46 PM

So a friend of ours went to the Arnold Classic in Columbus a couple weeks back and apparently she got me a TON of pre-workout sames. Got em when we hung out last night. SO AWESOME!!! :)

icehog3 03-15-2015 03:01 PM

Let us know about any new good ones, Charlie. :tu