Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Because I'm too fat.... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57534)

lbowles2 08-14-2012 07:54 AM

Because I'm too fat....

....is the reason I am selling some cigars right now. I have joined a gym and want to do some personal training sessions but
didn't have the money. So to you guys buying my smokes THANKS!!! You're helping me get started toward a healthier me :tu

Now the REAL reason for this thread. Along with working with a personal trainer to get started I need to have some sort
of accountability to stay with this so my plan is to post at least once a week to chat about how it's going.

Right now I am 40 yrs old, about 5' 9" tall and weight about 305lbs... and it just keeps going up. It's time to do something
about it. I want to be able to keep up with my 5 yr old and I want to be around to see her go through school, get married
and have her own children. So this is important to me :)

On Friday I will be paying for my training sessions and getting started. Wish me luck!!!

pnoon 08-14-2012 07:56 AM

Re: Because I'm too fat....

Best of luck, Larry.
Our kids and grandkids can be great motivators.

kelmac07 08-14-2012 08:05 AM

Best of luck Larry. Stick to it brother.

CigarNut 08-14-2012 08:06 AM

Good luck!

Blak Smyth 08-14-2012 08:18 AM

Good luck brother, sounds like you are ready for a lifestyle adjustment with proper motivation!

longknocker 08-14-2012 08:37 AM

Good Luck, Larry! :tu. Kids & Grandkids Keep Us Going, Brother!:D

icehog3 08-14-2012 09:00 AM

Kick some arse, Larry, stick with it until it becomes a lifestyle. :tu

Jefft72 08-14-2012 09:23 AM

Get out there and do it.

My wife and I started around the beginning of the year focusing on a better diet as a way to lose the weight. With only a healthier diet and portion control I saw 20lbs drop off over the course of <6 months. No exercise other than keeping with my 4 knuckleheads. I still want to employ some sort of exercise regiment, but for now we are maintaining the weight and enjoying finding new ways to cook that keep us interested. We still splurge every now and again by going out to eat and over eating, but by and large our plan so far has been very successful.

At the end of the day I believe that exercise is very key, but it definitely goes hand in hand with providing your body with the correct amount and the correct balance of food to achieve your goals. Having the personal trainer should give you a big leg up in putting together a great plan.

I look forward to reading your progress.

jluck 08-14-2012 09:25 AM

You can do this,Larry.:tu

IBQTEE1 08-14-2012 09:27 AM

Best of luck Larry

AECUSN 08-14-2012 09:30 AM

You are already heading in the right direction. You have the proper motivation and you have written down a plan. Now the hard part, is following it! Good luck, and YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Ncpsycho 08-14-2012 09:59 AM

Good luck bro

CRIMPS 08-14-2012 10:11 AM

Good luck, Larry. Stick with it! :tu

racerX 08-14-2012 10:27 AM

You can do it! Tape your post to the fridge. Visualize you at your goal weight 3 months from now. I can do it - say it out loud every day. I'm rooting for you.

lilcgrsmkr 08-14-2012 10:45 AM

good luck:)

Taki 08-14-2012 10:48 AM

Good Luck Brother :tu
Great reason to get motivated!!!

htown 08-14-2012 10:57 AM

Good luck! I am right with you- I have lost 15lbs (was 266 and now 251) in the past three weeks eating low carbs and it feels good to go down holes on my belts. My incentive is my three small kids as well.

Remo 08-14-2012 11:14 AM

Good luck Larry, once you get the ball rolling and see the lbs. come off it will become addicting :tu

ArgusP2 08-14-2012 01:52 PM

Good luck! It can be done! Just know that you did not gain it all overnight so do not think you can get rid of it overnight. That's one of the main causes for losing that drive! Do not focus only on the poundage but on getting healthier. Muscles will develop and that's where much of the weight will come from, do some measurements also and together you will see the results.

maninblack 08-14-2012 01:53 PM

Best of luck brother!!