Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63655)

bonjing 03-11-2023 10:19 PM

Re: Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II

Shorts are tight and body is really jiggly when hitting the bags, working on remedying that :r. Went to pick up a few shirts and hit my fist Saturday work out. Some shoulder and bicep work, threw it all down the drain after with some pizza, soda and a couple cigars. Dropped my first cigar in a little puddle of water :gary still a long way from holding pads.

bonjing 04-13-2023 08:36 AM

Had my first solid week of m-f last week. Paying for it now.

icehog3 04-13-2023 09:52 AM

Keep it up, Greg, you know it will get better if not easier. :tu

Today is my 8th day out of the gym with some crud. Probably been since I had Covid last May since I missed this much time. Been paying for it mentally all along, but now it's starting to affect my physically too. Hopefully I'm ready to hit it by Monday at the latest.

bonjing 04-13-2023 08:59 PM

Hope you’re on the up and up now.

Did some tri and shoulder work last night. Tossed in an over head press, lots of clicking from the shoulder. Taking the night off and will continue the self abuse tomorrow.

mosesbotbol 04-28-2023 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 2195351)
Good leg day today. Haven’t squated a lot lately due to a lower abdominal pain. Don’t think it’s a hernia, but not taking any chances. It’s been feeling better, so I went moderate weight, but also volume.

I am dealing with Hernia. Chiropractor thinks I'll just have to live with it. Can only do side planks from now on.

Too much abs he thinks caused the issue or made it worse.

Going to primary physician next week. I think it'll need surgery, but my chiropractor is usually right.

icehog3 04-28-2023 08:54 AM

Sports hernia, Moses? Hope they can help you out.

mosesbotbol 04-30-2023 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2245111)
Sports hernia, Moses? Hope they can help you out.

A hiatal hernia. Chiropractor says in my case, too much abs and too old. I have a feeling my primary doctor will say "that's life and live with it" as that's his usual diagnosis.

If you ever had a surgeon consult, you realize how they make their money... By charging $200+ for consult saying you don't need surgery. Great gig.

bonjing 05-01-2023 08:51 AM

Moses, aren’t you a doctor or am I thinking someone else?:D:r

Hope they treat you vs live with it.

mosesbotbol 05-01-2023 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjing (Post 2245209)
Moses, aren’t you a doctor or am I thinking someone else?:D:r

Hope they treat you vs live with it.

"They call me Dr. Love..." :banger

bonjing 05-02-2023 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 2245213)
"They call me Dr. Love..." :banger

:r so quick, short visits :r

Jokes :D

bonjing 05-02-2023 09:13 AM

A little sparring with a young kid, high school I think, quick hands… you ever get hit so much in the face that your only thought is, “I’m so happy this kid keeps his gear clean and showers.”

Some dudes and their gear are just sour. :pu

Still some left arm issues though :gary

icehog3 05-03-2023 08:32 AM

I hear you Greg, nothing smells like a hockey glove in your face. :pu

Hope the arm gets better. I just got back full time after 3 weeks out of the gym with the Plague.

bonjing 05-03-2023 09:51 AM

Glad you’re feeling better Admiral! Fully recovered and running on all cylinders I hope :tu

I was talking to coach about people’s hygiene and equipment care. He said some fighters use the lack of hygiene as a tactic. :gary:pu

I hope I’m not one of those smelly dudes.

icehog3 05-04-2023 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjing (Post 2245331)
Glad you’re feeling better Admiral! Fully recovered and running on all cylinders I hope :tu

I was talking to coach about people’s hygiene and equipment care. He said some fighters use the lack of hygiene as a tactic. :gary:pu

I hope I’m not one of those smelly dudes.

Yeah Greg, must be why the goons in hockey never wash their gloves. :lr

I'm running on all the cylinders I have left at this age. I feel like I've aged 20 years in the past 5. :hn

Hope the arm continues to improve Brother!

Kayla Celmer 05-05-2023 07:33 PM

Re: Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda and Icehog3 II

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 2161620)
Started on legs last night. Got thru leg press, leg extensions and finished my last set of hamstring curls when both of em cramped up. Holy hell that hurt. Couldn't stand straight. Couldn't walk. Was kinda funny. They finally released enough for me to get to the water fountain.

I'm going to start skating this winter. I'm very interested in ice hockey. I also love fountains and have installed an indoor fountain in my house.

markem 05-05-2023 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayla Celmer (Post 2245414)
I'm going to start skating this winter. I'm very interested in ice hockey. I also love fountains and have installed an indoor fountain in my house.

Hate it when one slips through the cracks.

icehog3 05-06-2023 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markem (Post 2245415)
Hate it when one slips through the cracks.

https://i.imgur.com/JdwcWqP.gif

mosesbotbol 02-20-2024 10:52 AM

No one pumping iron no longer?

I have been without a personal trainer for a good year now. Sucks, but good on the wallet.

Went back to doing 2 muscle groups a workout (30-40 min) and 15 in sauna at 175. I go more often to make up for the shorter workout.

Doing the whole body is ideal when someone is training you or you have the concentration to stay an hour or so in gym. I have neither.

icehog3 02-20-2024 01:14 PM

I'm still in the gym 5-6 days a week lifting. Things are different now. Not as heavy (although still outlifting most in the place). Intensity ramped up every workout with different methods (volume, shortened rest, super sets, drop sets, etc). I'll keep going until I can't.

Chainsaw13 02-20-2024 01:22 PM

Couple things killed my mojo (Covid, neck surgery). I’ve been wanting to get back into the gym, but was waiting for all the New Year’s resolutions peter out before signing back up.