PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 7

G G
09-27-2016, 03:16 PM
So anyone upgrade to the iPhone 7 yet?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and last Friday I took advantage of the Promo that AT&T was running where you trade in your iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, or 6S plus for a credit of $650 on NEXT. I elected to purchase the iPhone 7 Plus Matte Black in 128 gig. It will supposedly be here 11/4 to 11/11 so it will be a little while until I get it. I probably wouldn't have upgraded if they hadn't ran the promotion. I goofed around with one in the store and think it's a pretty good upgrade. I use my phone quite a bit for email and internet. I like the 3D touch stuff since you can usually cut out at least one step sometimes 2 in getting to where you need to get to do something. Anyone else have one, or have any experience with AT&T shipping? The person in the store said they wouldn't charge my CC until the phone shipped since I had to pay sales tax and the difference in the $650 credit and the $869 price of the 7 Plus.

Chainsaw13
09-27-2016, 06:33 PM
My 128meg, 7 in space gray shows up tomorrow. I didn't have any plans to upgrade my 6 either, but figured I'd take advantage of Verizon's promo too.

CigarNut
09-27-2016, 08:13 PM
My wife has the 7 and she likes it a lot, but getting used to the new home button took a bit.

I ordered a 7+, which is supposed to arrive by the end of October, but may ship sooner.

AdamJoshua
09-27-2016, 08:57 PM
I have the 7+ in the flat back, 128mb. Love it, the haptic home button takes a few times to get used to but it's not a deal breaker or anything, I keep reading people are freaking out over it, I think they just have been out of their safe spaces too long.

It's wicked fast and wicked smooth.

Love the screen, even thought only new mac screens have the wide gamut so that's the only way to see the real difference for color in pictures, everything else looks better as well and the 2x zoom is awesome.

This is a terrible picture to take, but this is at night, new moon, no lights on expect what you see, I'm about 50 yards away from that house, this is just a regular picture from my balcony to test night shots.

I'm pretty sure on my 6 that would have just been a black, highly pixelated screen with an incredible amount of noise. It's pretty impressive you can see the wood fencing there at the back of the house.

Oh and the pics are huge, silly me I emailed the large version and it was too big to upload here.

http://i.imgur.com/gmQ8baI.jpg

WhiteMamba
09-27-2016, 10:21 PM
Funny you posted this. I just went with the wife and we are doing the verizon upgrade as well. They said ours should be in my October 19th. Any recommendations on cases? I have a lifeproof on my iPhone 5s now.

AdamJoshua
09-27-2016, 10:56 PM
Well a friend of mine is the head of Marketing for Lifeproof....so :sh

jledou
09-28-2016, 05:16 AM
upgraded from a 5s to 7 and other than trying to get used to the home button I am happy with it.

G G
09-28-2016, 07:02 AM

Discount? LOL

G G
09-28-2016, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I goofed with the one in the store and had a little hiccup or two with the new home non button button too, but I don't think it will be hard to grow accustomed to.

Hey Michael I have had Otterboxes on all my iphones for a while with the exception on 1 and I had a Mophie battery case for my 5 that was awesome.

The Otterbox Defender is definately a great protective case, but on my iPhone 6 plus I decided to put a Zagg Glass screen protector on it and wow, that is awesome compared to the cheapo plastic one built into the Defender. That piece of crap doesn't even fit down on the screen and leaves a gap which is a pain. So when I put the Zagg on it I had to do surgery on the case and do a removal of the built in screen protector which also makes the case a little less stable since it's so big.

Anyhoo, I am thinking seriously of going with something different for the new 7. Considering a Otterbox Commuter or Symmetry, or maybe a different brand altogether.

Steve
09-28-2016, 07:19 AM
Remember to pick up the correct drill bit to open up the headphone jack...

:noon

;s

G G
09-28-2016, 07:53 AM
Remember to pick up the correct drill bit to open up the headphone jack...

:noon

;s

yep:r

AdamJoshua
09-28-2016, 09:12 AM
Lifeproof = Otterbox now lol. For my last phone I used one of the Tech21 chases and really liked it.

I don't mind the lack of headphone jack at all, you get a little adapter in the box for older head phones and by removing that jack they were able to not only save room but that's part of the waterproofing, that and removing the physical home button. :tu

CigarNut
09-28-2016, 10:04 AM
I've been using Bluetooth headsets for so long that I cannot remember the last time I used the headphone jack...

WhiteMamba
09-28-2016, 11:09 AM
i have had life proof cases on my last two iPhones and have been mostly pleased but they are expensive and it seems like they break down after about a year. On the one I have now the rubber on the sides has been wearing off. Also, I am tired of dealing with the port cover every time i plug or unplug my phone. How waterproof are the 7's If they're half way descent then I won't really need the waterproofing of the life proof. plus 100+ for a phone case just seems silly.

Chainsaw13
09-28-2016, 11:43 AM

So you're saying you can get us a deal? Group buy?:D

G G
09-28-2016, 01:26 PM
i have had life proof cases on my last two iPhones and have been mostly pleased but they are expensive and it seems like they break down after about a year. On the one I have now the rubber on the sides has been wearing off. Also, I am tired of dealing with the port cover every time i plug or unplug my phone. How waterproof are the 7's If they're half way descent then I won't really need the waterproofing of the life proof. plus 100+ for a phone case just seems silly.
I never had a lifeproof. I have had several Otterbox Defender's though and I gotta say they are pretty good for lasting. I have had the current one for almost 2 years and the only thing wrong with it is the flap that covers the charging port is worn a little so that it makes it hard to get it loose so I can plug it in. Other than that it's still as good as the day I bought it. And at only half the price of a Lifeproof too. I have looked at all kinds of reviews and different brands of case to get for my 7 plus when it gets here, but will probably just stay with what I know. Prolly an Otterbox and a Zagg Glass + screen protector.

CigarNut
09-28-2016, 03:19 PM
I have only had a regular plastic or bumper style case. I had one iPhone (3s) where the screen shattered after a drop -- but still worked due to the Zagg screen cover. My Applecare contract covered it, so all was good.

The new phones are supposed to be waterproof, so I am going to continue to go with the bumper case -- they are a lot cheaper and the phone is a lot less bulky to carry.

I have not done the Zagg screen cover since the iPhone 5 days... I'm a gambler :)

Just my :2

AdamJoshua
09-28-2016, 03:28 PM
So you're saying you can get us a deal? Group buy?:D

I've never even asked her for a regular cover. :lr

Oh and what I meant was Lifeproof bought Otterbox so same thing now.

Water proof test, also worth noting that all waterproof degrades over time, it's just something they spray on the device and it wears off, while some of it is due to thing like removing the physical home button, other items such as the ports are just treated with a chemical coating.

https://youtu.be/3-DtMyn7jfo

WhiteMamba
09-29-2016, 08:26 AM
I've never even asked her for a regular cover. :lr

Water proof test, also worth noting that all waterproof degrades over time, it's just something they spray on the device and it wears off, while some of it is due to thing like removing the physical home button, other items such as the ports are just treated with a chemical coating.

https://youtu.be/3-DtMyn7jfo

So are you going to ask her now?

AdamJoshua
09-29-2016, 09:57 AM
No I don't like those huge tank like cases, I just get cheep rubbery ones with the ribbed (for her pleasure) bumper guard corners, like the Tech21 has.

CigarNut
09-29-2016, 08:04 PM
My 256GB 7+ was supposed to ship October 19th from China. They must have a time machine as it arrived today!

G G
09-30-2016, 06:16 AM
My 256GB 7+ was supposed to ship October 19th from China. They must have a time machine as it arrived today!

I'm hopin mine comes before the estimated date as well since it's Nov. 4.

Chainsaw13
09-30-2016, 07:16 AM
Got mine yesterday. Thing is nice. Actually seems heftier than my 6. The new home button will take some getting used to, as well as the 3d touch. But overall i'm happy. Just have to remember to carry the headphone adapter with me.

Sauer Grapes
09-30-2016, 10:58 AM

Actually it was vice versa.

mosesbotbol
09-30-2016, 04:24 PM
I have been using the iPhone 7 for a week. I have the regular size one in rose gold. Smallest hard drive option. I really like it so far. Speaker is loud, well crafted, keyboard, and getting rid of the headphone slot was smart.

There should be nice wired headphones coming soon with apple's plug on it. I have not tried the converter that comes with the phone yet.

Getting the 7 to pair and connect in my Jag was pain! I read it is a common issue with several marques; it's an Apple thing not the car.

AdamJoshua
09-30-2016, 04:35 PM
Another of those low light pictures, took this one and goat locker took the same pic with his 6s .. I don't have the picture he took but it was much much darker, the difference was incredible actually.

CigarNut
09-30-2016, 05:27 PM
I've noticed that mine (7+) runs a little warm... anyone else notice this?

G G
10-26-2016, 08:53 AM
Mine still hasn't shipped. I see all these people getting theirs early and it don't look like it's going to happen for me. My original ship date says 11-4 to 11-11 and it's getting closer at least.

AdamJoshua
10-26-2016, 09:12 AM
Damn didn't realize they were still pushed out.

CigarNut
10-26-2016, 02:10 PM
What model and color did you order?

G G
10-26-2016, 04:03 PM
What model and color did you order?

Ordered a 7 plus matte black 128 gig.

CigarNut
10-27-2016, 05:44 AM
Must be a real popular combination! I thought that the backlog was all caught up since they shipped mine a month early.

mosesbotbol
10-27-2016, 06:34 AM
I've noticed that mine (7+) runs a little warm... anyone else notice this?

I noticed as well, but not warm enough for me to worry. I like how they ditched the headphone jack.

Launching the camera can sometime hang...