PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Cigars Help

tsolomon
06-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Our daughter is getting married in October and we are having it at a country club that has a patio where we can smoke cigars if it's not raining. I think this is great, but my wife who is also a cigar smoker doesn't want us out there all night. I'm looking for suggestions for a short, but larger RG cigar that I can put out for the few of us who might want to step outside and celebrate with a good cigar. Since you never know who else might want to smoke, I want to have 1-2 boxes that I can just set out that could be enjoyed by a wide range of smokers. Not sure how to handle the whole cutter and lighter part of this either, but I'm looking any recommendations you might have on this as well.

Thanks, Tom

pnoon
06-26-2015, 12:25 PM
NC or CC? Or does it matter?
And what, in this context, is "larger RG"?

heyferg
06-26-2015, 12:34 PM
I did this for a friend's daughter's wedding last year. I had a box of Partagas D 4s for the experienced smokers and a box of Hemingway Short Stories for the inexperienced smokers. Everyone seemed happy. :2

AdamJoshua
06-26-2015, 12:46 PM
NC or CC I think I would go with something mild for the non cigar smokers so they don't take a drag and get overpowered and just snub it out.

For my friends wedding a brought a few cigars that I enjoyed to share with a couple people and some Epi 2s for others, they went over very well and to this day his staunch non-smoking wife will take a couple puffs if he's smoking an Epi 2 (which still blows my mind).

pnoon
06-26-2015, 12:49 PM
NC or CC I think I would go with something mild for the non cigar smokers so they don't take a drag and get overpowered and just snub it out.

For my friends wedding a brought a few cigars that I enjoyed to share with a couple people and some Epi 2s for others, they went over very well and to this day his staunch non-smoking wife will take a couple puffs if he's smoking an Epi 2 (which still blows my mind).

Good idea. And I think a shorter smoke so the guests will not be disengaged from the festivities for too long a period.

My first thought was an H Upmann Half Corona (CC)

Pat1075
06-26-2015, 12:55 PM
I did this for a friend's daughter's wedding last year. I had a box of Partagas D 4s for the experienced smokers and a box of Hemingway Short Stories for the inexperienced smokers. Everyone seemed happy. :2

I totally agree with the short stories and a fuller bodied option.
This is how I tell people to handle this all the time. The short story keeps everyone interested but happy. As to a fuller bodied, short, large RG smoke there is a serie V nub.
For the cutters just go pick up some cheapies and leave them out with the cigars. That way if they walk who cares. Lighters Djeep or gas station jet torch with premium gas (it only has to last one night)
Put cards in front of each cigar one that says mild and another that says full.
And voila you have a self serve cigar bar

czerbe
06-26-2015, 01:46 PM
i always take cigars to the Weddings I go to. I try and stick with Corona sized smokes that I can pitch if needed. Last thing I want to do is miss the chance to cut a rug with the Wife LOL

tsolomon
06-26-2015, 02:37 PM
NC or CC? Or does it matter?
And what, in this context, is "larger RG"?NC or CC, doesn't matter, I'm open to both. The RG issue has more to do with presentation, where I'm fine with small cigars, most of my buddies seem to think bigger cigars are better. Since we are talking shorter cigars to make the wife happy, I'm thinking maybe 46 -52. Maybe two different cigars might be a better fit for the occaison.

tsolomon
06-26-2015, 02:42 PM
It has been quite some time since I smoked an AF Short Story, but I'll pick a couple up this weekend and see how they smoke. Thanks :tu

tsolomon
06-26-2015, 02:50 PM
i always take cigars to the Weddings I go to. I try and stick with Corona sized smokes that I can pitch if needed. Last thing I want to do is miss the chance to cut a rug with the Wife LOLOne of my HS buddies is the DJ, so I know we will have some good music to dance to. I'm been told by the daughter to pick out the daddy daughter dance music. I'm thinking My Girl by the Temptations and then fade into Girls Just want to have fun by Cyndi Lauper. :D

jjirons69
07-01-2015, 08:21 AM
Tom, first off, get something you enjoy, as you may be stuck with a few to 20+ sticks (depending on smoking habits and weather). I like Peter's suggestion - H Upmann Half Corona. How about HdM Petit Robustos or Monte Petit Edmundos?

tsolomon
07-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Tom, first off, get something you enjoy, as you may be stuck with a few to 20+ sticks (depending on smoking habits and weather). I like Peter's suggestion - H Upmann Half Corona. How about HdM Petit Robustos or Monte Petit Edmundos?I really like the H. Upmann Half Corona and it would be a good choice for a quick smoke. The Monte Petit Edmundo at 4 1/4 by 52 looks to be the perfect size and I like the regular Monte Edmundo, so I will order a box of the Petit Edmundos and try them out. Thanks