PDA

View Full Version : BAF Cigar Club Banter

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Fekum
07-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Congrats Alex! Glad to hear you made it safely. Im stuck at the Atlanta Airport waiting to go back to BAF. See you all in a few days.

zitro_joe
07-08-2009, 03:11 AM
I have some smoke I want to drop off with you. I am not flying the next three days, but I am not up until the night time. Where can I drop the off?

SNKBYT
07-08-2009, 05:59 AM
I have some smoke I want to drop off with you. I am not flying the next three days, but I am not up until the night time. Where can I drop the off?

if you still have the cell # I gave you, call it.........if not you can stop by BASE OPS (across the road from Disney green fence) and see either SGM Stewart or MAJ Esponosa and they will hold for the BCC herf

zitro_joe
07-08-2009, 01:42 PM
if you still have the cell # I gave you, call it.........if not you can stop by BASE OPS (across the road from Disney green fence) and see either SGM Stewart or MAJ Esponosa and they will hold for the BCC herf

I dont have the number. I rarely leave camp Alpha, where is the base ops in relation to there. Dragon DFAC, Tower and the PXs are my main point of references. Thanks.

SNKBYT
07-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I dont have the number. I rarely leave camp Alpha, where is the base ops in relation to there. Dragon DFAC, Tower and the PXs are my main point of references. Thanks.

Base Ops is on 4 corners up the street from the USO / Pax terminal
2 story building with green fence across from clam shells on Disney drive

zitro_joe
07-08-2009, 02:38 PM
got it, thanks.

zitro_joe
07-08-2009, 02:39 PM
oh, and welcome back!

SNKBYT
07-08-2009, 03:03 PM
oh, and welcome back!

I'm back in the states now, for good.....enjoy the rest of your tour

zitro_joe
07-09-2009, 04:57 AM
Alright, stopped by today and dropped of about 30 smokes with MAJ Esponosa. Hopefully one of these days I wont be flying during a herf.

SNKBYT
07-09-2009, 05:18 AM
Alright, stopped by today and dropped of about 30 smokes with MAJ Esponosa. Hopefully one of these days I wont be flying during a herf.

I'm sure they (the smokes) will get a decent burial.......the BCC always has room for 1 more and the door is always open

Fekum
07-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Whats up everybody? Tonight was a great Herf as always. The turnout wasnt too big, but we had a great time anyways. Im attaching a few pics from the night. One is of our new logo. Were getting T-shirts made. I will let everyone know when they're in. Thanks to all who support this great hobby of ours.

SNKBYT
07-11-2009, 02:27 PM
wow that is a small group, but I still see some familiar faces in there......hope all is well, nice new logo

have MAJ E send me an email at yahoo

Fekum
07-13-2009, 12:12 AM
More people showed up, but by the time we took this picture most of them had left. I'll give Maj E the message.

zitro_joe
07-13-2009, 04:09 AM
What times do yall meet again? I might be able to make it this sat and sun.

SNKBYT
07-13-2009, 05:02 AM
More people showed up, but by the time we took this picture most of them had left. I'll give Maj E the message.
thanks.....hows the wind factor playing out
What times do yall meet again? I might be able to make it this sat and sun.
unless its changed 6pm - 9pm local time on Sat............afternoon on Sun

Fekum
07-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Yeah, still same time. It wasnt windy at all Sat. night. Last night was a different story though. We sat at our corner smoke spot and ate dust for about 3 hours.

SNKBYT
07-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah, still same time. It wasnt windy at all Sat. night. Last night was a different story though. We sat at our corner smoke spot and ate dust for about 3 hours.

if it makes you feel any better, I'm still coughing up dust :c

zitro_joe
07-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Those winds made takeoff and landing real interesting...

Fekum
07-14-2009, 03:03 AM
Got a great box in today from rrplasencia with some Carlos Torano Casa Toranos! I had one for lunch, what a great smoke! Thanks so much rrplasencia! They will be at Saturday night's BCC Herf. There's also some great snacks and a couple nice T-shirts.

zitro_joe
07-14-2009, 04:12 AM
casa torano is one of my favorites

SNKBYT
07-17-2009, 10:50 AM
how are the supplies for the BCC?

Fekum
07-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Not bad. I received some Carlos Toranos, and some CAOs and a few select other good ones. Not a whole lot, but still great quality stuff. A few cutters too. Hows home life so far man?

adam7476
07-18-2009, 10:55 AM
home at last

Glad to see that you made it home safe and sound. I am looking to be there for leave around the 5th or 6th of Aug. Hope you have a good time back at home.

Long Ash To All!!

SNKBYT
07-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Not bad. I received some Carlos Toranos, and some CAOs and a few select other good ones. Not a whole lot, but still great quality stuff. A few cutters too. Hows home life so far man?
glad the supplies are still coming in, as for home life - its getting easier day by day
Glad to see that you made it home safe and sound. I am looking to be there for leave around the 5th or 6th of Aug. Hope you have a good time back at home. Long Ash To All!!
thanks Adam and enjoy your leave

Fekum
07-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Last nights Herf was great. We had about 10 newcomers and about 20 regulars. The Carlos Toranos were a hit! I have about 7 left for next week. Thanks for all the support. We are looking at another Herf at Dust-off possibly 15 August.

SNKBYT
07-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Last nights Herf was great. We had about 10 newcomers and about 20 regulars. The Carlos Toranos were a hit! I have about 7 left for next week. Thanks for all the support. We are looking at another Herf at Dust-off possibly 15 August.

glad to hear the BCC is alive and well.......is the D.O.H. (dust of herf) gonna be the pig roast?

Fekum
07-20-2009, 08:05 AM
We dont know yet. We have only set a date.

papichulo
07-21-2009, 09:10 PM
When I was there we did not have a place to hang out and herf. We just had to figure it out. Be safe and enjoy each smoke with your brothers:usa

zitro_joe
07-25-2009, 01:48 AM
man. just returned from last night's mission, probably wont make it tonight. sucks.

SNKBYT
07-28-2009, 05:12 AM
any updates on the BCC?

newcigarz
07-28-2009, 07:40 AM
As you may or may not know, we had a weekend long herf this past weekend to celebrate the homecoming of snkbyt - Alex. It was a great time and hopefully those with cameras will post up some pics.
But as a thank-you to me for being the go between to supply the BAF cigar club and Alex with cigars and comfort items during his tour, snkbyt decided to hit me with an amazing assortment of goodies. I accept these gifts on behalf of all who contributed and will display them proudly. I am also going to crosspost this in the BAF Banter thread.

BAF Cigar club Patch

http://www.fototime.com/D5BC272DA68957D/standard.jpg

1st maneuver enhancement brigade coin.
http://www.fototime.com/12272D266BC4A80/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/50BE5654E321808/standard.jpg

SSG Christy personalized US Army Staff Sergeant Coin
http://www.fototime.com/B0DF0B23039051B/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/55B2BF78779E65F/standard.jpg

To be continued....

newcigarz
07-28-2009, 07:41 AM
BAF cigar club coin personalized
http://www.fototime.com/0A785606EFACA3D/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/9FE0BE677F94FDB/standard.jpg

T-shirt
http://www.fototime.com/D01C26691C2CDB8/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/11C4442C891CEDF/standard.jpg

Xikar Cutter with Airborne Logo

http://www.fototime.com/9BD874AFD4DB36E/standard.jpg

To be continued....

newcigarz
07-28-2009, 07:42 AM
And last but certainly not least. 101st Airborne Division Flag. Signed by the members of the BAF Cigar Club. Simply Awesome!

http://www.fototime.com/3AA682C7818A3AA/standard.jpg

Alex it was a pleasure to finally meet you in person and share a smoke with you on American soil.

To Alex and the members of BAF Cigar Club, Thank-you for these gifts, but most of all thank-you for your service to our country. I will cherish and display these momentos proudly.

adam7476
07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
It def was a great pleasue smoking with Alex. I enjoyed my time there. I hope to be there this weekend. I am going on RnR on Tuesday so I need to get away for a few hours and have a good smoke.

SNKBYT
07-31-2009, 03:16 PM
It def was a great pleasue smoking with Alex. I enjoyed my time there. I hope to be there this weekend. I am going on RnR on Tuesday so I need to get away for a few hours and have a good smoke.

hope it works out for you.......tell the BCC gang I said hi and I've been drinking rum in their honor

Fekum
08-03-2009, 05:44 AM
Hey everyone! My internets been down for 2 days. Saturday night was a blast! The Poker set was a huge hit. We will definitely be playing poker more often. It really was a blast. Thanks to all of our supporters!

68TriShield
08-03-2009, 05:53 AM
how was the huge azz cigar? Want another? :D

Fekum
08-03-2009, 07:20 AM
He didnt actually smoke it. Everyone said, whoever lost first at poker had to smoke it. Well, I lost first, twice, but that thing would take a week. Hopefully it holds together, the wrapper was starting to come off. No thanks to another, I might actually have to try to smoke it and I dont get a week off at a time, haha!

SNKBYT
08-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey everyone! My internets been down for 2 days. Saturday night was a blast! The Poker set was a huge hit. We will definitely be playing poker more often. It really was a blast. Thanks to all of our supporters!

was that the poker set I left there or did someone send another?
have Maj E check his PMs and email....hope all is well

Fekum
08-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Its a different one. The one you left, I gave to our guys out at a FOB.

SNKBYT
08-06-2009, 03:53 AM
Its a different one. The one you left, I gave to our guys out at a FOB.

at least its not collecting dust.............still need to hear from Joe
hows things going on your end?

adam7476
08-10-2009, 05:51 AM
Just checking in to see how things are going? I am home in NY on leave. I been here for almost a week now. It seems like it def ain't long enough. I am looking to get back and have a good smoke with the club.

Long ash to All.

zitro_joe
08-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the Herf, I caught a space A yesterday. In Manas right now trying to work a ride back to the states. Stay safe.

SNKBYT
08-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the Herf, I caught a space A yesterday. In Manas right now trying to work a ride back to the states. Stay safe.

Have a safe trip, sorry we never got to herf...if you find yourself in FL, look me up
Posted via Mobile Device

zitro_joe
08-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Is this still a good address?

FOB BAGRAM
715TH MP CO (HQ)
APO, AE 09354

SNKBYT
08-16-2009, 07:04 PM

FOB BAGRAM
715TH MP CO (HQ)
APO, AE 09354

NO! I'll post "fekum" addy when I get back to FL...he took over the BCC when I left BAF
Posted via Mobile Device

SNKBYT
08-20-2009, 05:55 PM

FOB BAGRAM
715TH MP CO (HQ)
APO, AE 09354

ok here is the BCC addy as promised.......Bill is my replacement

SGT WILLIAM ADAMS
FOB BAGRAM
E CO 7-101
APO, AE 09354

Sailchaser
08-20-2009, 10:09 PM
ok here is the BCC addy as promised.......Bill is my replacement

SGT WILLIAM ADAMS
FOB BAGRAM
E CO 7-101
APO, AE 09354

A reminder Bump for the new troop addy

SNKBYT
08-21-2009, 12:52 PM
care package going out early next week from Duque Cigars (Tom) & the "snkpit" (me)

zitro_joe
08-24-2009, 01:47 PM
I'll be sending one out tomorrow as well.

SNKBYT
08-28-2009, 07:59 PM
how many BCC members left? about time for Maj E (smokingjoe69) group to leave...........Fekum have you found your grasshopper (replacement) yet?
happy herfing guys:salute:

zitro_joe
08-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Sent it out on Wednesday. Enjoy.

Fekum
08-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Im back everyone! I had a string of Internet/Computer problems. Wow has it been an eventful couple of weeks. Last week at our Saturday night "BAF Cigar Club Herf" we had a special guest from the NRA, Phillip Schreier. He gave out NRA coins, donated some cigars to the troops and took some pictures hopefully to write an article about the BCC. Tonight, wow what a night. We had at least 70 people show up. Its was our veteran BCC members last Herf before they return to the great US of A. A few soldiers that formed a band came and performed for us. They played everything all kinds of music. They even had a few soldiers go up and sing (karaoke style). There were burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, chips and drinks. We totally depleted our cigars for the troops stock. We played dominoes, and texas hold-em. Everyone had an outstanding time. It was a really great way to send out our great friends on with a bang. I will post some pictures tomorrow. Everyone with a camera is already in bed. We stayed and played until 0100 in the morning. Great music, great smokes, great N/A beer, great games and even better friends! Everyone is sincerely thankful to all of you that have supported the soldiers for so long. If there is anything that any of us can do for any of you, please ask.

Fekum
08-29-2009, 03:07 PM
how many BCC members left? about time for Maj E (smokingjoe69) group to leave...........Fekum have you found your grasshopper (replacement) yet?
happy herfing guys:salute:

Alex, Tonight was the Warrior gangs last Herf. We have picked up quite a few new members though, with the Warrior guys' replacements getting here and just random others we've met. Havent found a replacement yet.

Thanks for the packages you guys are sending. I will let you know when they get in.

SNKBYT
08-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Im back everyone! I had a string of Internet/Computer problems. Wow has it been an eventful couple of weeks. Last week at our Saturday night "BAF Cigar Club Herf" we had a special guest from the NRA, Phillip Schreier. He gave out NRA coins, donated some cigars to the troops and took some pictures hopefully to write an article about the BCC. Tonight, wow what a night. We had at least 70 people show up. Its was our veteran BCC members last Herf before they return to the great US of A. A few soldiers that formed a band came and performed for us. They played everything all kinds of music. They even had a few soldiers go up and sing (karaoke style). There were burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, chips and drinks. We totally depleted our cigars for the troops stock. We played dominoes, and texas hold-em. Everyone had an outstanding time. It was a really great way to send out our great friends on with a bang. I will post some pictures tomorrow. Everyone with a camera is already in bed. We stayed and played until 0100 in the morning. Great music, great smokes, great N/A beer, great games and even better friends! Everyone is sincerely thankful to all of you that have supported the soldiers for so long. If there is anything that any of us can do for any of you, please ask.
sorry to see it was the last for the Base Ops guys but sounds like they went out w/a bang.........God speed home guys
Alex, Tonight was the Warrior gangs last Herf. We have picked up quite a few new members though, with the Warrior guys' replacements getting here and just random others we've met. Havent found a replacement yet.
Thanks for the packages you guys are sending. I will let you know when they get in.
keep me posted on the BCC and support, check w/the Retention NCO and see if the 82nd stuff and flags showed up yet......also keep me posted on the article about the BCC.......I'm sure you'll find a grasshopper soon.....good job being the BCC CEO:tu

Fekum
08-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Snkbyt, Thanks brother, I appreciate it. Yeah, its going to suck not having those guys around. They have been some really great friends. I really hope to stay in touch with them once they leave. We got together tonight and played poker and dominoes again. Im still waiting for my buddy with the camera to bring his SD Card so I can upload some pics.

So, Saturday night (I forgot to mention this) Maj H brought his camera and at one point during the night after most people had left, he says hes gotta find his camera. Well, me being the nice guy that I am, found it for him, but I waited about 5 minutes to give it to him. As it turns out, you can take alot of pictures of your "ball$" and "bum" in the bathroom in 5 minutes. So I come back out of the bathroom, and its a pretty big camera mind you, and I stuck it in my cargo pocket and had to walk sideways to get past him, because he was up looking all around for his camera. The look on his face said it all too as soon as I saw him. He had that look of worry like, some mother$%^*er took my camera. So I get to my seat and say "here it is, it was under the chips." So he had no clue, he was just relieved that his camera wasn't gone. So tonight, were playing cards and he hadn't shown up yet. Well when he does come, he starts talking about his day and how he got to see a full moon with some friends! It was awesome. Yes for those of you that aren't in the Army, thats how we "roll." Good times.

kelmac07
08-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Yes for those of you that aren't in the Army, thats how we "roll." Good times.

Anything is fair game except for a mans family, his chow, and his mail!! Plus any chance to get a field grade is always good!! :tu

Fekum
08-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Sent it out on Wednesday. Enjoy.

Got zitro_joe's package today! You are the man! Huge thanks from all of the guys in the BCC!

zitro_joe
09-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Got zitro_joe's package today! You are the man! Huge thanks from all of the guys in the BCC!

Sweet, I tried to put together a variety of smokes.

zitro_joe
09-06-2009, 10:01 PM
How was the farewell smoke?

SNKBYT
09-09-2009, 04:30 AM
got a full box headed your way....was waiting for a few items to come in to top it off.....try not to break the lighter this time, but if you do just send it back to get replaced (no fault warranty)......let me know if you need anything else or have any special requests for the BCC

Fekum
09-09-2009, 12:03 PM
You are the man Man! Ive got flyers up around post, were expecting this Saturday night to be a big one.

SNKBYT
09-09-2009, 02:05 PM
You are the man Man! Ive got flyers up around post, were expecting this Saturday night to be a big one.

maybe you'll find your "grasshopper"..........have fun, enjoy........having a rum for you and the boys:salute:

Fekum
09-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Got a box from Skybyt and Duque cigars yesterday! WOW! Thats freaking awesome. I will try to get some pics up tomorrow... My internet is being stupid. This is the first time its worked in 3 days. Thanks for your support!

DuqueCigars
09-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Got a box from Skybyt and Duque cigars yesterday! WOW! Thats freaking awesome. I will try to get some pics up tomorrow... My internet is being stupid. This is the first time its worked in 3 days. Thanks for your support!

It was our pleasure I hope ererything made it to you in good shape?
Enjoy.
Thomas Hunter
www.duquecigars.com

SNKBYT
09-18-2009, 04:51 PM
hey guys, when you get the chance check out this link
http://www.revitupandride.com/show.php (click on pod cast)
and check out the mention of the BCC from Tom while talking about cigars and the cigars for troops

longknocker
09-18-2009, 08:35 PM
hey guys, when you get the chance check out this link
http://www.revitupandride.com/show.php (click on pod cast)
and check out the mention of the BCC from Tom while talking about cigars and the cigars for troops

Awesome video, Alex!:tu Tom sounds like a great guy and a great friend to our guys overseas! Sonds like a nice shop for you to visit, also!:)

SNKBYT
09-20-2009, 04:54 AM
Awesome video, Alex!:tu Tom sounds like a great guy and a great friend to our guys overseas! Sonds like a nice shop for you to visit, also!:)
glad you enjoyed it, just hope the hodgie net is fast enough that they get to hear it

SNKBYT
09-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Any herf updates?
Posted via Mobile Device

Fekum
09-27-2009, 06:29 AM
Last night was a pretty good time as always, we had about 13 people show up. We played poker and smoked some good stoggies. Next week were heading down to dust-off. It may end up being our new spot. The new unit came in and tore down the power strip for the lights. The place is a mess too. It even stinks. The guys from their unit come out but dont associate, ask where its from, nothing, so were done there. The new spot is either going to be dust-off or the Big gazebo. Our shirts came in today. I will update more later.

SNKBYT
09-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Last night was a pretty good time as always, we had about 13 people show up. We played poker and smoked some good stoggies. Next week were heading down to dust-off. It may end up being our new spot. The new unit came in and tore down the power strip for the lights. The place is a mess too. It even stinks. The guys from their unit come out but dont associate, ask where its from, nothing, so were done there. The new spot is either going to be dust-off or the Big gazebo. Our shirts came in today. I will update more later.

that sux........any pics
keep the updates coming
be safe
and remember the BCC flag

Fekum
09-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Our shirts came in today. They came out really good. Me and Shug are going to hit the post office today to ship them to the guys from Warrior that are home already. Tomorrow night, the guys from the Tiki Hut and Dust-off invited us to a pig roast. Everything's going well though.

SNKBYT
09-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Enjoy the BBQ...post some pics...any extra shirts in XL or 2X?
Posted via Mobile Device

Fekum
09-29-2009, 02:13 PM
I think he sold all of the shirts tonight but one (which is spoken for) if the dude dont bring the money this Saturday, I'll let you know. My buddy Mac took some pics, will try to get them off him tomorrow night. They had 2 pigs tonight, steak, all kinds of sides. It was pretty nice. They played wiffle ball in the hanger. We played Mexican train dominoes with double 15 dominoes. It took forever. Great time.

SNKBYT
09-29-2009, 06:58 PM
I think he sold all of the shirts tonight but one (which is spoken for) if the dude dont bring the money this Saturday, I'll let you know. My buddy Mac took some pics, will try to get them off him tomorrow night. They had 2 pigs tonight, steak, all kinds of sides. It was pretty nice. They played wiffle ball in the hanger. We played Mexican train dominoes with double 15 dominoes. It took forever. Great time.

glad ya had a good time........how was the cigar turn out and is that the new BCC home (badge needed) or will it be the gazebo in time square?

Fekum
10-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Whats up everyone?!?!? Tonight was our weekly Herf. We had a turnout of about 20 people. We played poker, then some dominoes, and did a bunch of B.S.ing. As always, it was a pretty great time. Not much left but "filler" cigars but still a great time. Tim and the Tiki guys had some cuban monte's they shared with some guys. A buddy (Chris, Gus' replacement) gave me a Davidoff, my first one, and man was it unbelievable! I bought last week's weekly special off of CI and had a 5 vegas Cask Strength, and a Nica Libre. The Cask strength was awesome and the Nica Libre was pretty decent too. I had one of the Gurkha G5's last night. It was pretty good. Strong, which I like. I'm going to the the Rocky Decades roast for a while in the humi before I tear into those. Snykbyt, I bought some JRs a couple of weeks ago (yeah I know you love it), the padron alternatives, and they were this shizzzzzzz Nit. They were torpedoes and had an unbelievably silky smooth wrapper. I gave a bunch of them out to the guys and everyone loved them. They are probably someone in my top 30 list. Obviously that list is Non Cuban, haha. Everythings going pretty great around here. My anniversary was yesterday (8 years shes had to put up with me). We are less than 60 days from coming home! Im starting to pack stuff that Im not using up already. I sent another small box of stoggies out to our guys at one of our FOBs. One guy came back today and says thanks so much to everyone supporting the cause. They smoked them things up like crazy. Sorry I dont have any pics of tonight, 9 guys with cameras and not one of them brought one. I still dont have one after mine took a crap. Funny story about that... Two of my buddies decided to get a little payback on me. I have a habit of taking peoples cameras when they arent looking and taking pictures of some of my favorite places "cough cough hint hint" and putting their camera back... well they got me good, took it in the porta jon and took some of their favorite places as well as some Browns that had been taken to the super bowl, if you know what I mean. Anyways, the camera didnt work after that... Hmm I wonder why...? Oh yeah, Snykbyt, I got Maj H like that... I dont know if I told you. He couldnt find his camera, and I did, so I snuck in the bathroom and snapped a few and came back out like "here, I found your camera." Well, he didnt see the pics until a few nights later! It was hilarious, Maj E, SGM Stewart, MSG Nunnally were all there, they got a kick out of it. Good times!

zitro_joe
10-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Boxed up 50 to send out, should be out the door by thursday.

adam7476
10-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Just checking in to see how things are going. Been kinda busy with work to visit the BCC. Is it still in the same location? I heard rumors that it might have moved.

Fekum
10-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah we moved to Dust-off. Everythings going well though. How about you?

zitro_joe
10-08-2009, 10:41 PM
sent to you today

Fekum
10-09-2009, 09:33 AM
You are the man Joe, Hows home life treating you?

zitro_joe
10-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Between time off from the deployment, two stints of leave and being sent home for nine day for Quarters - this was my first week back. I put on E6 next month so I will be shuffled around somewhere to be NCOIC of something. The family is great, and life is awesome. Looks like I might be back pretty soon so I am just taking one day at a time.

SNKBYT
10-12-2009, 04:47 AM
Between time off from the deployment, two stints of leave and being sent home for nine day for Quarters - this was my first week back. I put on E6 next month so I will be shuffled around somewhere to be NCOIC of something. The family is great, and life is awesome. Looks like I might be back pretty soon so I am just taking one day at a time.

congrats on making SSG.......day by day is the way to go, bummer ya might have to go back.....maybe you could take over the BCC for fekum:ss

rrplasencia
10-19-2009, 03:15 PM
maybe you could take over the BCC for fekum:ss

:tpd:

zitro_joe
10-20-2009, 07:53 PM
oh man, I wish I could. my flying schedule would not allow me to hold a regularly meeting group.

Has my shipment arrived? Also,I made a trade with someone, they are sending their end to you, let me know when it arrives. Thanks! http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22658

Joe

SNKBYT
10-21-2009, 07:04 AM
so whats going on over there at BAF? you guys still smoking and have you found a new spot yet.....,too bad the old place didn't work out
:np

rrplasencia
10-22-2009, 07:43 AM
i'll have another box out to you guys in the morning. :usa

Fekum
10-23-2009, 09:38 AM
oh man, I wish I could. my flying schedule would not allow me to hold a regularly meeting group.

Has my shipment arrived? Also,I made a trade with someone, they are sending their end to you, let me know when it arrives. Thanks! http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22658

Joe

Yeah man! I got your box! Thanks again man. Outstanding smokes. They all went last Sat night.

Alex, I got your last Lapis egg today. I gotta wait until the first to mail it though. I gotta ease up the spending, I got 2 daily deals from CI this week alone, heheh.

Not much is new around here. We had a small earthquake last night... We are still using Dustoff for the weekly herf. About 3-8 of us Herf at our corner almost every night. Its starting to get cold as a mother though! Its supposed to be 32 tonight. Its beautiful during the day, but as soon as the sun hits the mountains, it gets COLD quick. We still sit out and smoke em up thought. Dedication baby! We have a few BOTL heading out REAL soon. We'll be sad to see them go, but glad they can finally reunite with their families.

SNKBYT
10-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah man! I got your box! Thanks again man. Outstanding smokes. They all went last Sat night.

Alex, I got your last Lapis egg today. I gotta wait until the first to mail it though. I gotta ease up the spending, I got 2 daily deals from CI this week alone, heheh.

Not much is new around here. We had a small earthquake last night... We are still using Dustoff for the weekly herf. About 3-8 of us Herf at our corner almost every night. Its starting to get cold as a mother though! Its supposed to be 32 tonight. Its beautiful during the day, but as soon as the sun hits the mountains, it gets COLD quick. We still sit out and smoke em up thought. Dedication baby! We have a few BOTL heading out REAL soon. We'll be sad to see them go, but glad they can finally reunite with their families.

that cool just let me know what I owe you.......yeah I remember those cold nights, maybe you should fire up the Hookha and stand around the charcoal

Fekum
10-24-2009, 11:01 AM
that cool just let me know what I owe you.......yeah I remember those cold nights, maybe you should fire up the Hookha and stand around the charcoal

You dont owe me nothing man, like I said, I will send it out on the 1st.

Looks like Ive got a replacement from the new guys at dustoff. Just gotta get his contact info and stuff.

SNKBYT
10-24-2009, 12:09 PM
You dont owe me nothing man, like I said, I will send it out on the 1st.

Looks like Ive got a replacement from the new guys at dustoff. Just gotta get his contact info and stuff.

glad to hear you found your "grasshopper", the BCC shall live on:tu

rrplasencia
10-26-2009, 08:58 AM
2 boxes on the way to usps, enjoy

Fekum
11-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Got one today! WOW! What a selection! The guys were licking their fingers! Someone tried the Cohibas, another the Diplomaticos, another, the small montes. Not one complaint! Great stuff. Thanks as always!

rrplasencia
11-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Got one today! WOW! What a selection! The guys were licking their fingers! Someone tried the Cohibas, another the Diplomaticos, another, the small montes. Not one complaint! Great stuff. Thanks as always!

another going out tomorrow :usa

SNKBYT
11-07-2009, 07:55 PM
whats the latest? besides MAJ E making LTC E

rrplasencia
11-08-2009, 10:30 PM
you have inbound, some nice smokes in this one. :tu

Fekum
11-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Awesome, sounds great. I will let you know when it gets in. I'm still waiting on this dude (my replacement) to give me his info and to get on the board.

Alex, I havent sent your eggs yet, been busy as hell during the day, packing up and stuff. Will get them out this week for sure though.

SNKBYT
11-09-2009, 10:05 AM
good to hear from you...hope your grasshopper doesn't drop the ball...how many days left till stateside for your group?...stay safe and keep in touch
Posted via Mobile Device

adam7476
11-16-2009, 04:52 PM
I stopped by Dust off on Saturday, but no one was there. HAs it moved again or was I lookin in the wrong place. I was at the BBQ spot just inside the gate.

68TriShield
11-16-2009, 05:22 PM
I stopped by Dust off on Saturday, but no one was there. HAs it moved again or was I lookin in the wrong place. I was at the BBQ spot just inside the gate.

snkbyt/Alex will post up here shortly.I told him you were looking for the smoke shack.

SNKBYT
11-16-2009, 05:31 PM

SGT Adams is the BCC guy now.....if they are not at the "eagles nest" try going into the hanger and asking for the door to the "tiki bar" (NW side of hanger).......they also smoke at the big gazebo near the "aviation chow hall"

SNKBYT
11-22-2009, 01:35 PM
getting close for you guys to leave? what about 30 days?

zitro_joe
11-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Whats the addy for the new BCC/ CC? I have some goodies to send out! Thanks.

SNKBYT
11-23-2009, 05:20 AM
Whats the addy for the new BCC/ CC? I have some goodies to send out! Thanks.

for now its still SGT Adams's addy if mailed B4 12/2

still waiting for his replacement to sign in

SNKBYT
11-25-2009, 03:52 PM
hope you guys have a nice Thanksgiving, you'll be home in about a month (fekum & the boys)....have a great flight.

zitro_joe
11-29-2009, 10:16 PM
for now its still SGT Adams's addy if mailed B4 12/2

still waiting for his replacement to sign in

I ahve some stuff to send out but it wont be before the 2nd.

SNKBYT
11-30-2009, 05:45 AM
I ahve some stuff to send out but it wont be before the 2nd.

you could try to send it, but put in humi packs in case you get it back.....they leave around the 20th but if not already should be living in tent city

hope he found a replacement to take over the BCC

SNKBYT
12-04-2009, 10:57 AM
no word from the trenches.....hopefully someone chimes in soon to say they picked up where fekum (& I) left off

Afghanistansucks
12-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Went looking for the cigar club tonight and couldnt find it. I have 4 months left here and I'm just getting around to looking at cigar smoking as a hobby instead of a longer smoke break than anybody else:D I was really looking forward to trying some good cigars so as soon as the club starts again I'll be there. I'm in camp Khole(sp?) right now but moving to the other side of the airfield by next month.

SNKBYT
12-10-2009, 04:39 PM
any luck on the BCC?.......last word was Saturday nights 6-9pm either in the Eagles Nest (south end by gate) or back conex called Tiki Bar located at DUSTOFF hanger by the hospital

SNKBYT
12-31-2009, 01:42 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL serving not just in AFGHANISTAN (BAF) but to all SERVICE MEMBERS :salute:

zitro_joe
01-04-2010, 08:08 PM
anything?

SNKBYT
01-05-2010, 06:29 AM
anything?

not unless you're the CEO of the BCC :confused:
no word not even by carrier pigeon

zitro_joe
01-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Man, that breaks my heart. I am not headed out until june.

SNKBYT
02-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Man, that breaks my heart. I am not headed out until june.

as it gets closer to you departing and we'll see if we can't get this thread moving

vikesfan32
02-09-2010, 08:34 PM
I have a question. I am at BAF and wondering if the cigar club is still going on. I was told it does not exsist anymore. Is that true or no? Someone please let me know.

keven.r.lahde@afghan.swa.army.mil
cell (078)769-7154

Thank you very much!!
Keven:tf

SNKBYT
02-10-2010, 09:22 AM
I have a question. I am at BAF and wondering if the cigar club is still going on. I was told it does not exsist anymore. Is that true or no? Someone please let me know.

keven.r.lahde@afghan.swa.army.mil
cell (078)769-7154

Thank you very much!!
Keven:tf

Keven....travel down to the "dust off" hanger down by the Hospital and ask the gate guard to speak w/the contractors that work on the helos, there should be someone left there that smokes in the conex behind the hanger that knows about the BCC (we had several BBQ herfs in their AO)..........hope you find them......worst case is you might have to restart the BCC :ss.......put fliers up at the DFACs

adam7476
02-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Keven....travel down to the "dust off" hanger down by the Hospital and ask the gate guard to speak w/the contractors that work on the helos, there should be someone left there that smokes in the conex behind the hanger that knows about the BCC (we had several BBQ herfs in their AO)..........hope you find them......worst case is you might have to restart the BCC :ss.......put fliers up at the DFACs

I know that just before I left, I went every Saturday for about 3 weeks, but I was the only one there. We asked about it, but not many people knew what I was talking about.

SNKBYT
02-27-2010, 11:35 AM
I know that just before I left, I went every Saturday for about 3 weeks, but I was the only one there. We asked about it, but not many people knew what I was talking about.
had a bad feeling it would RIP but hope its not DNR :ss

vikesfan32
03-18-2010, 02:59 AM
had a bad feeling it would RIP but hope its not DNR :ss

Looks like I will start a new Cigar Club here at BAF. But it will not be on Post. It will be out east where I live. If anyone on here is on BAF email me at:

keven.r.lahde@afghan.swa.army.mil or keven.lahde@gmail.com or call me at
(078)769-7154

Thank you!!

Keven Lahde:ss

imthegoal
03-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Well I am PCSing from Ft Gordon and Heading to Campbell in 2 weeks. I know that I will only be there for a couple weeks before I head out to Afghanistan. I would say it is about a 90% chance I will be at Bagram. Will keep you all posted and lets see if we can get this going again.

SNKBYT
04-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Well I am PCSing from Ft Gordon and Heading to Campbell in 2 weeks. I know that I will only be there for a couple weeks before I head out to Afghanistan. I would say it is about a 90% chance I will be at Bagram. Will keep you all posted and lets see if we can get this going again.

if someone has to be there then they should have a place to relax and enjoy a cigar with fellow soldiers.......stay safe guys and come home soon
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z20/CSMMH07/BAF%20I/DSCN0401.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z20/CSMMH07/BAF%20I/DSCN0218.jpg

ABNMP619
06-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Looks like I will start a new Cigar Club here at BAF. But it will not be on Post. It will be out east where I live. If anyone on here is on BAF email me at:

keven.r.lahde@afghan.swa.army.mil or keven.lahde@gmail.com or call me at
(078)769-7154

Thank you!!

Keven Lahde:ss
Keven, where are you at out east? I am at FOB Wright. Hit me up sometime. daryle.r.walker@afghan.swa.army.mil.

SNKBYT
06-09-2010, 05:10 AM
Keven, where are you at out east? I am at FOB Wright. Hit me up sometime. daryle.r.walker@afghan.swa.army.mil.

Keven is back home in Cali but you might be able to hook up with
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28789
Brian - imthegoal
Craig - crewchief
Billy - huskysibe

zitro_joe
07-30-2010, 07:09 PM
My crew was moved back to BAF, anyone heading this up still?

SNKBYT
07-30-2010, 07:49 PM
My crew was moved back to BAF, anyone heading this up still?

there are a few still there..........see above posts as to where they work on BAF

thanks for your service, & stay safe

zitro_joe
08-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Is it on BAF, I am a little confused as to where exactly it is?

SNKBYT
08-02-2010, 09:01 AM
dust off is in the hanger next door to the base hospital
JOC is up past the PX

You should be able to find a cigar brother in one of those areas

hattz
12-26-2010, 10:52 AM
dust off is in the hanger next door to the base hospital
JOC is up past the PX

You should be able to find a cigar brother in one of those areas

also uso says 2000 wed they have cigars.. not 100% on that, i'll confirm if that's still going later this week.

the joc isn't open to everyone, but most days after lunch i can be found out there with a smoke.

if anyone is downrange in salerno they have a meet every sunday at 1900 over by the mwr, look them up at rocket city cigar club on facebook.

imthegoal
12-26-2010, 12:19 PM
I am on R&R right now but I work in the JOC on night shift. Would love to get together for a smoke every once and a while.

ABNMP619
12-27-2010, 06:55 AM
I will be up in BAF on 10 or 11 Jan for R&R. Anyone want to get together for some smokes?

SNKBYT
12-27-2010, 03:28 PM
I will be up in BAF on 10 or 11 Jan for R&R. Anyone want to get together for some smokes?

its a little far for me.......but if you ever make it to FL, feel free to look me up

ABNMP619
12-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Will do brother, THANKS!

ATobin
12-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Smoke em if you got em! Get home safe.

hattz
01-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Confirmed! USO, right by the pax terminal, has cigar club at 20:00 on weds. Couple of med web guys sorta orchestrating it, but there was about 40 or even a few more folks, even close to a dozen females. They had Tali-band coins, and similar membership structure. Said they were trying to do polo shirt order soon.

also uso says 2000 wed they have cigars.. not 100% on that, i'll confirm if that's still going later this week.

the joc isn't open to everyone, but most days after lunch i can be found out there with a smoke.

if anyone is downrange in salerno they have a meet every sunday at 1900 over by the mwr, look them up at rocket city cigar club on facebook.

SNKBYT
01-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Confirmed! USO, right by the pax terminal, has cigar club at 20:00 on weds. Couple of med web guys sorta orchestrating it, but there was about 40 or even a few more folks, even close to a dozen females. They had Tali-band coins, and similar membership structure. Said they were trying to do polo shirt order soon.

similar to the BCC?..........dozen FM soldiers, the BCC had maybe 3 for the whole year........how long are the gatherings? and where @ the USO building do they smoke?

ABNMP619
01-02-2011, 05:01 AM
Hey, so is anyone up for a cigar on 12 JAN? I will be up there to check this USO Cigar Night out. I guess I will bring my best stick and see who all shows up. Hope to see some of you all there.

SNKBYT
01-02-2011, 06:39 AM
Hey, so is anyone up for a cigar on 12 JAN? I will be up there to check this USO Cigar Night out. I guess I will bring my best stick and see who all shows up. Hope to see some of you all there.

take some pics of the group there now......this was my last big herf @ BAF w/the BCC
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z20/CSMMH07/DSCN0431.jpg

hattz
01-03-2011, 01:58 AM
similar to the BCC?..........dozen FM soldiers, the BCC had maybe 3 for the whole year........how long are the gatherings? and where @ the USO building do they smoke?

most hung out till 2100 or so, it was cold as ****, mid/high 20s.. i imagine they would have hung out longer if if had been warmer.

there was someone running around with a good camera, i've never been able to get my pics to upload over hadji net. but i'll be back at benning later this week, see what i can do.

imthegoal
01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
The civilian in the UF hat is still at BAF if I am not mistaken. I will be there in probably 10 days to 2 weeks.

hattz
01-04-2011, 08:50 AM
The civilian in the UF hat is still at BAF if I am not mistaken. I will be there in probably 10 days to 2 weeks.

Sorry mate, I'm getting out of here tomorrow, but I'll be back through later this month, and again in march.

SNKBYT
01-06-2011, 01:21 PM
most hung out till 2100 or so, it was cold as ****, mid/high 20s.. i imagine they would have hung out longer if if had been warmer.

there was someone running around with a good camera, i've never been able to get my pics to upload over hadji net. but i'll be back at benning later this week, see what i can do.

were the smokes FREE?..........for cold nights we had a burn barrel
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z20/CSMMH07/BAF%20I/DSCN0262.jpg

GI_Odie
02-21-2012, 04:26 AM
Out of curiosity, is the group here at BAF still active? I arrived this month and would be interested in hanging around others who enjoy a good smoke.

SNKBYT
03-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Out of curiosity, is the group here at BAF still active? I arrived this month and would be interested in hanging around others who enjoy a good smoke.

feel free to give it life.....the original BCC was KIA shortly after after I returned stateside......we use to smoke across from the gym at 4 corners....I did here that the USO might have something going on for cigars...........good luck, stay safe & thanks for your service

GI_Odie
03-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Yes, I found that the BAF Club is still very active, last night we had around 80 people show. I am posting a pic of the club coin and the web link to the club page here.

http://tali-bannedcigaraficionadoclub.com/
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/93egtinlr/IMG00262-20120301-1633.jpg

SNKBYT
03-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Yes, I found that the BAF Club is still very active, last night we had around 80 people show. I am posting a pic of the club coin and the web link to the club page here.

http://tali-bannedcigaraficionadoclub.com/
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/93egtinlr/IMG00262-20120301-1633.jpg

glad you found some BOTLs to smoke & BS with, helps the TOD seem enjoyable..........our group was Bagram Cigar Club
http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z20/CSMMH07/BAF%20I/

GI_Odie
03-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Had a great night around the fire barrel enjoying some good smokes with good people here at BAF. Every Sat night across from the east side USO and every Wed night at the Pat Tillman Memorial USO. Come one, come all!

reggiebuckeye
03-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Had a great night around the fire barrel enjoying some good smokes with good people here at BAF. Every Sat night across from the east side USO and every Wed night at the Pat Tillman Memorial USO. Come one, come all!

I'm waiting for it to warm up some. I'm Air Force. I have to be comfortable while smoking. :)

SNKBYT
03-26-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm waiting for it to warm up some. I'm Air Force. I have to be comfortable while smoking. :)

reggie, you're back on tour?..........stay safe

reggiebuckeye
03-28-2012, 09:50 AM
reggie, you're back on tour?..........stay safe

Not back. Been here since December. Almost done.

SNKBYT
03-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Not back. Been here since December. Almost done.

be safe brother, and if I recall correctly BAF doesn't warm up at night till mid-May

reggiebuckeye
03-28-2012, 04:29 PM
be safe brother, and if I recall correctly BAF doesn't warm up at night till mid-May

Thanks. I'll do my best. I'm noticing about the temp. It's getting better though. I've had time in the morning to get a smoke or two in.

reggiebuckeye
04-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Stopped by last night. Not too bad. Had to leave early, but I'll be back before I leave.

GI_Odie
04-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Always good to have more folks around, we are there at Tillman every Wednesday and on the East side on Saturdays

GI_Odie
08-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Just a heads up for those here in BAF or coming in the next week. Wednesday is our 100th meeting and we will be celebrating with German Brats and wish they were beers as well as plenty of fine smokes.

SNKBYT
08-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Just a heads up for those here in BAF or coming in the next week. Wednesday is our 100th meeting and we will be celebrating with German Brats and wish they were beers as well as plenty of fine smokes.
we had a brat herf on one of our Saturdays.....thanks to the Kiwi's.........stay safe

GI_Odie
09-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Good news comes in, instead of being here till Feb, I get to leave in Nov...yay me!

SNKBYT
09-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Good news comes in, instead of being here till Feb, I get to leave in Nov...yay me!

nothing wrong with that :usa

Steelerfanatic
09-04-2013, 03:25 AM
Always good to have more folks around, we are there at Tillman every Wednesday and on the East side on Saturdays

Anybody know if this is still where the club meets over here?

Thanks!

SNKBYT
09-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Anybody know if this is still where the club meets over here?

Thanks!

stop by the USO bldg they did have "cigar night" events

Steelerfanatic
09-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Yep, GTG.......thanks!