PDA

View Full Version : Trial date set! What a racket.

GolfNut
02-04-2011, 08:38 PM
For those of you following our battle against the insurance company from our August 2009 house fire, we finally had a court conference and got an actual trial date set: Jan 23 2102! Another flippin year!

So, we're going to do what we can to work with the city officials and get the house back to livable condition out of our own pocket during this year. First up will be a new roof and we have a contractor friend that has offered trusses at cost and possibly free labor crew to put the roof on.

Our legal situation in detail is not something I will put on an open forum, but let me offer this tidbit of advise for all you homeowners and future homeowners:

REVIEW your policy EVERY year and more often if your personal effects exceed your current limitations.

Make certain of construction costs in your area if you have replacement cost coverage.

If you purchase a house from a friend.....have a good attorney do the paperwork. It's in BOTH of your best interests! So many little details can be overlooked that can come back to bite you in the ass years later.

Enough of that. I'd love to go smoke a good cigar right now, but wife and I both have horrible colds and feel like absolute crap. It'd be a waste of a cigar since I can't taste or smell anything anyways!

So, we sit in the trailer and will make plans on what to do this year. I'm really happy to be back in the wood shop though. Keeps me doing things and my mind off this crap....for the most part. -(P

We're still better off than a lot of folks in today's world! :tu

hscmit
02-04-2011, 08:58 PM
hang in there

Neens
02-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Wish you all the best.

For those of you following our battle against the insurance company from our August 2009 house fire, we finally had a court conference and got an actual trial date set: Jan 23 2102! Another flippin year!

I know they like to put court dates off but dam thats far.

icehog3
02-04-2011, 10:59 PM
It must be frustrating to have this continue to be drawn out, Forrest...I hope the other plans you are putting into place in the meantime are successful.

jesseboston81
02-04-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, 2.5 years is a ridiculous amount of time to wait! I wouldn't be surprised if you all reached a settlement agreement before that time, but it's still a tough date to hear. Hang in there and I'm sure everything will work out for the best in the end.

TBone
02-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Sorry to hear Forrest...my daughter's house just burned down on 30 Jan but seems her policy had the maximum available and hasn't run into any problems as of yet...it can only get better.

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-04-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, 2.5 years is a ridiculous amount of time to wait! I wouldn't be surprised if you all reached a settlement agreement before that time, but it's still a tough date to hear. Hang in there and I'm sure everything will work out for the best in the end.

:tpd:
Hoping for the best for you.

Subvet642
02-05-2011, 05:36 AM
Jeez, I hope everything works out in your favor. Also, that's very good advice. It helps if you have photographs of your possessions, as well.

jitzy
02-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Wow Forrest I had no idea you were going thru all that crap, good luck brother and stay strong thru it all.

Montano
02-05-2011, 08:38 AM
You'll get what you deserve Forrest :) And it will make all the BS you had to deal with, a little easier to swallow.

Devanmc
02-05-2011, 09:36 AM
wow, what a mess brother. sorry to hear about ur bad news. best of luck to you!