PDA

View Full Version : Tatuaje -The Face

Pages : [1] 2

Beagleone
10-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Per Pete's tradition, the retailers have been announced for this year's edition of the Monster series, The Face. For those that are Tat whores (like myself) start making your calls.

http://tatuajecigars.com/theface/

Bill86
10-01-2010, 11:37 AM
WOO HOO one of the 13 in Nashville, TN ! I'm all over it.

Called and I'm on the list.

Darrell
10-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Mark at Tower (NorCal Mark) is on the list. Schweet!

jledou
10-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Holy crap Centro over in Lawrence is on the list?

bvilchez
10-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know if any of these retailers would be willing to sell a box?

sikk50

This. Means I might actually get my hands on some this time

x man
afeeding frensy

Brutus2600
10-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Thoughts on the new site? I like it. I've been feeling deprived not having a Tatuaje site up and running.

Interested to see when the Saints and Sinners stuff gets launched too.

Don Fernando
10-01-2010, 11:57 AM

I bet his inbox is full before the day is over :D

elderboy02
10-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm not making any calls. If I happen to find some, I'll get some.

Bill86
10-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know if any of these retailers would be willing to sell a box?

I'm awaiting to hear that. I'm put down for 2 boxes we'll see if they'll hold them.

AlohaStyle
10-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Of course they will be selling boxes... how they will do that is up to them.

AlohaStyle
10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
I hear ya Elderboy, I put in one text msg and that is it. If I get a box great, otherwise I'm just looking forward to some of the cigars on Halloween.

awsmith4
10-01-2010, 12:12 PM
I can't believe CI is on the list

Darrell
10-01-2010, 12:14 PM
I can't believe CI is on the list

http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/010haters.jpg

:D

elderboy02
10-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I hear ya Elderboy, I put in one text msg and that is it. If I get a box great, otherwise I'm just looking forward to some of the cigars on Halloween.

The main reason is that lists don't mean $hit. Last year I was on Outlaw Cigars list and they never called me back. I was also on some other shops lists and never got a call from anyone

klipsch
10-01-2010, 12:24 PM
I bet his inbox is full before the day is over :D

You mean there are people who didn't get on the list 4 months ago? :rolleyes:

tsolomon
10-01-2010, 12:28 PM
I had two places by me last year that changed the way they were going to sell them a couple of times. I would like to pickup 2-3 sticks for myself, but I'm not willing to go through what I did last year trying to get some Dracs. :confused:

elderboy02
10-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I had two places by me last year that changed the way they were going to sell them a couple of times. I would like to pickup 2-3 sticks for myself, but I'm not willing to go through what I did last year trying to get some Dracs. :confused:

Exactly.

replicant_argent
10-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Of course they will be selling boxes... how they will do that is up to them.

As soon as they open them to "inspect them" and remove the ticket, if it is there. ;)
:r

(assuming of course they do some giveaway again)

Pardon me, I need more coffee and pepto, lol.

BeerAdvocate
10-01-2010, 01:06 PM
My local BM, Centro, is getting them. I dont care about the LE box, I just want a few singles.

e-man67
10-01-2010, 01:08 PM
This year it will be a bit different...only 13 boxes at $666 per stick! Good Luck! :r:r:noon:noon:noon

Don Fernando
10-01-2010, 01:24 PM
You mean there are people who didn't get on the list 4 months ago? :rolleyes:

Yes, because not everybody knew about that list.

awsmith4
10-01-2010, 01:35 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/010haters.jpg

:D

I don't hate the player, just the game :D

I was just surprised to see such a large retailer

waffle
10-01-2010, 01:36 PM
This year it will be a bit different...only 13 boxes at $666 per stick! Good Luck! :r:r:noon:noon:noon

oooohhhh I'm in!

e-man67
10-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I swore that it was either CI or Famous that had the Frank in their catalog when it first came out....

McSmokey
10-01-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't hate the player, just the game :D

I was just surprised to see such a large retailer

Sucky thing is despite it being such a large retailer they will probably only sell to walk ins in the main super store. :td

Dukeuni
10-01-2010, 01:49 PM
I admit it, I always fall for this act. I have purchased boxes of The Frank and The Drac, and I am on three different lists for The Face. I also admit that I really am a fan of the boxes, and I REALLY want one of the 666 dress boxes. Yes yes, it is sad, but I just love the Monster series for some reason.

jmsremax
10-01-2010, 02:14 PM
6 3/8" and 56 rg.......damn that is a big cigar. I'm with Dan on this one....I'm going to sit on the sidelines and wait to hear the stories about trying to acquire these. I admit....the boxes look sick and PJ is a marketing genius....kudos to him!

klipsch
10-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Yes, because not everybody knew about that list.

I may have been the first person to actually start it... :r

LostAbbott
10-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Damn there is a lot of excitement for this gar today. To bad they are not coming any where near the NW.

688sonarmen
10-01-2010, 03:56 PM
So I just found out today that I have to go underway as early as next week for two weeks to support a submarine that needs help. I was expecting to be here since Im on shore duty and not sea duty anymore. I am asking if someone could take an order for me. I know its a long shot and all but worth a try.

Smokin Gator
10-01-2010, 04:25 PM
I am NOT in this year. GL to all of you who are!!

neoflex
10-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I found a box of Drac and Boris last year by accident three weeks after the release. I grabbed the box of Boris' but passed on the Drac as initial reviews were far from stellar. Still kicking myself for that one. If nothing else the box would have looked sweet on the garage wall. We'll see how it goes this year.

gijoey959
10-01-2010, 04:30 PM
As much as I want a box, it sounds like a pain in the bum for cigars that I'll probably have 1 of and store the rest since I'll never find another box

688sonarmen
10-01-2010, 04:37 PM
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/l_a3d0bc1a064b4a7890c3918c85a274f3.jpg

Dunkel
10-01-2010, 04:39 PM
I have no interest in this release whatsoever. Now if it was a re-release of the Pork Tenderloin, I'd be all over it!

smelvis
10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
If I run across them I'll buy, I won't wait in line or beg.

acarr
10-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I will let everyone else play the game this year. For those that get an extra box, I have a box of Boris or Dracs to trade.:D

Dukeuni
10-01-2010, 05:30 PM
I have to say that I am really surprised to only see 39 posts in this thread so far. I remember last year's ongoing thread, with people discussing getting on lists, not getting through phones, etc. It seems REALLY quite so far for this release. Wonder if the marketing and craze for these cigars has just finally gotten old to a lot of people.

Even in this threat there are a lot of people who say they will not jump on the band wagon this year.

Oh well, maybe it means I will have a easier time getting my boxes ;-)

acarr
10-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I have to say that I am really surprised to only see 39 posts in this thread so far. I remember last year's ongoing thread, with people discussing getting on lists, not getting through phones, etc. It seems REALLY quite so far for this release. Wonder if the marketing and craze for these cigars has just finally gotten old to a lot of people.

Even in this threat there are a lot of people who say they will not jump on the band wagon this year.

Oh well, maybe it means I will have a easier time getting my boxes ;-)

People don't have money either. It is real tough to get people to open up their wallets now days. I know I have cut back drastically.

RightAJ
10-01-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm pissed I forgot about this today, I was really excited to nab some of these... No point getting on the lists now :(

Maybe something will pop up though, never know

aj

SmokinApe
10-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Let's hope they don't taste like paint this year...

Cigarcop
10-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I honestly can say none of the Monster Series have floored me...not even close so I'll be skipping these for sure and sticking to the Brown Labels that never seem disappoint me:2

Beagleone
10-01-2010, 07:11 PM
The retailer I use has a list of some 40 names already. For a while there, the phone lines were jammed. I am sure the number will be greater by Monday.

montecristo#2
10-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Might have to trade a frank coffin for an empty box of these.

I will wait until the 1300 boxes come out and some small shop will be happy to get rid of them.

nick2021
10-01-2010, 11:24 PM
The retailer I use has a list of some 40 names already. For a while there, the phone lines were jammed. I am sure the number will be greater by Monday.

X2

njstone
10-02-2010, 03:53 AM
I had REALLY hoped to nab a collector's box of these (even if it was just for a split) as I have the previous boxes, but I really don't expect to be able to ... none of the "Unlucky 13" retailers are exactly near my base in Japan, lol, and most (just like last year) won't be taking many orders over the phone.

s15driftking
10-02-2010, 06:24 AM
I'd rather spend less headache getting some cigars I know I like (probably cheaper too).

I will admit though, Pete and I "had it out" mano-a-mano at a local B&M last year and the "limited release" topic was discussed in depth on my list of "things I'd say to Pete J." and his reasoning was acceptable in my opinions (for that topic).

HK3-
10-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Was at my local b&m yesterday having a few smokes listening to the word on the street about these. They are getting 41 of the 666 boxes to be released and they are not taking pre-orders. One of the employees was taking a count on how many phone calls he received for people who wanted to be on a waiting list. The count was up to 48 calls when I left yesterday.

At $18-$20 a stick.... I think I will buy some sig VI's instead. :2

Don Fernando
10-02-2010, 07:02 AM
I have my hopes on the European distributer, last year he was able to get some Dracs and Boris. I called dibs on the Face's if he gets them.

Brooks W
10-02-2010, 07:58 AM
I have my hopes on the European distributer, last year he was able to get some Dracs and Boris. I called dibs on the Face's if he gets them.

I got some for you Don :)

~brooks

Don Fernando
10-02-2010, 08:00 AM
No need, I bet The Longfiller Co will get some. And so far I've been lucky, I had all of the monster series.

E.J.
10-02-2010, 09:43 AM
A few shops have my name.... If they call great....if not, that is just the way the ball bounces. I would say my chances are 5%....I have absolutely no relationship with any of them and declined the offer(from one shop) to jump to the top of the list with a box purchase of any other Tatuaje product.

In the end, it would be fun to get a box & I'll cross my fingers that I am offered one.

Gonesledn
10-02-2010, 10:10 AM
cigar king in skokie has the 10 count boxes for prepaid sale still (150$), none of the 13 count boxes left though.

none for me, not interested. just thought i would check with them and pass the info on.

montecristo#2
10-02-2010, 12:14 PM
cigar king in skokie has the 10 count boxes for prepaid sale still (150$), none of the 13 count boxes left though.

none for me, not interested. just thought i would check with them and pass the info on.

Thanks for the tip. That price includes shipping.

Gonesledn
10-02-2010, 02:14 PM
welcome, glad to help

Nickerson
10-02-2010, 02:20 PM
People don't have money either. It is real tough to get people to open up their wallets now days. I know I have cut back drastically.

The issue isn't just that people don't have the money to spend, but there are a lot of great options out there for under $5.00. I could name a couple dozen cigars under $5.00 that I prefer over a Tatuaje.

Adriftpanda
10-02-2010, 02:57 PM
haters gonna hate.

Walt, sorry but looks like you have been bumped off the list. Who wants Walt's spot?

LasciviousXXX
10-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I don't smoke a lot of NC's, and I never tried the previous years monster series. However, I'm trying to stay up with the current production stuff. So when I saw this thread yesterday I called the shop in Tucson, AZ and got on their list. Not sure where I'm at on the list but I guess I'll know soon enough.

Nickerson
10-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Saw some people like the boxes? You can score an empty box of the borris or dracs on ebay for like $10.00 shipped. :)

WyGuy
10-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Got on a list last night as I forgot about the date, so I don't think my odds are that great. We shall see...

x man
10-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I will be getting some, no list where i am going for these.
Get there u get some. But its a certain day.

acarr
10-03-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't smoke a lot of NC's, and I never tried the previous years monster series. However, I'm trying to stay up with the current production stuff. So when I saw this thread yesterday I called the shop in Tucson, AZ and got on their list. Not sure where I'm at on the list but I guess I'll know soon enough.

They told me there is no list. You buy a box of other Tatuaje's and you can get a box of The Face.

montecristo#2
10-03-2010, 08:19 PM
They told me there is no list. You buy a box of other Tatuaje's and you can get a box of The Face.

When I called, he mentioned if you buy a box you move to the top of the list and are guaranteed a box of the face. Otherwise, he had a list but it was pretty long already and over 1/2 of the boxes were already gone. Pretty much meaning there was no chance to be added to that list at that point in time (I called yesterday).

I don't know, I don't have an issue with what they are doing, I have no doubt he can sell them all to locals who support his shop year round.

The fact that he responded to my email to give him a call was more than what most other shops on the list did. I think I emailed 10-11 and three or so responded.

I know the increase in revenue for the 13 shops is probably nice, but I can only imagine the cons to being one of the 13. Most of these shops are probably not set up for that kind of mail order. Then you have locals who expect to get some as they support the shop, while at the same time you are getting phone calls from people who will probably never buy anything from you again.

The only thing I can say, over the past two years I have had shops sell me some and shops not respond to my emails.

The shops that sold me some I have continued to use to this day, the ones that never responded to my email in most cases I have never bought from them again.

If I owned a shop, I am not sure what I would do. It is a good chance to reward your loyal customers, but it is also a chance to get new customers.

McSmokey
10-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Got a call back from the chatanooga shop after emailed the owner. He said that there will be an event featuring Pete himself ticket only entry. Attendees get first choice and if you buy a whole box of the face they will take the price of the ticket off. Seriously considering a daytrip right now

njstone
10-03-2010, 08:53 PM

I understand this completely ... a box of Sig IVs for $202 or a box of something you've never had for about the same price. Although, if you get a chance to smoke a Boris (from last year), take it ... really great cigar, in Pete's top 5 for certain, in my all time top 5 cigars.

klipsch
10-04-2010, 10:28 AM
haters gonna hate.

Walt, sorry but looks like you have been bumped off the list. Who wants Walt's spot?

F*#K YOU HUY!!! :r Actually...now I'm getting yours too, since you made some threat about balls being cut off??? :D

DoctaJ
10-04-2010, 11:39 AM
How does it work for the non-limited box release? When will those stores be announced? I don't really care for the limited edition box and the trouble to get in on it, I just want a couple singles :)

Drazzil
10-04-2010, 01:37 PM
You know what? I bought into Pete's bullsh-t marketing last year. Yes they are good cigars but there are tons of OTHER good cigars out there. I'll be d-mned if I am going to scrabble to have the PRIVILEGE of paying twenty dollars a
godd-mn stick this time around. I am tired of the hype, and I am tired of shops using their status as a member of the "thirteen" to either mark up the cigars MASSIVELY or make other chickensh-t rules about how people have to "buy another box" of tatajuae to be able to buy a box of face. This is blanket highway robbery. I came REALLY close to boycotting all Tat products (even though I am a HUGE tat whore) the last time this stuff came up. This might be the "face" that broke the camels back this time around.

Tatajuae can take the face and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I'm out.

HK3-
10-04-2010, 01:39 PM
You know what? I bought into Pete's bullsh-t marketing last year. Yes they are good cigars but there are tons of OTHER good cigars out there. I'll be d-mned if I am going to scrabble to have the PRIVILEGE of paying twenty dollars a
godd-mn stick this time around.

Dang, tell us how you really feel. :D

e-man67
10-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I understand this completely ... a box of Sig IVs for $202 or a box of something you've never had for about the same price. Although, if you get a chance to smoke a Boris (from last year), take it ... really great cigar, in Pete's top 5 for certain, in my all time top 5 cigars.

The Boris was a decent cigar but not in the Sig IV league.

klipsch
10-04-2010, 01:51 PM
You know what? I bought into Pete's bullsh-t marketing last year. Yes they are good cigars but there are tons of OTHER good cigars out there. I'll be d-mned if I am going to scrabble to have the PRIVILEGE of paying twenty dollars a godd-mn stick this time around.

$20 a stick sounds more like shops are taking advantage of the situation...not Pete. There are plenty of respectable shops that don't gouge their customers. With a total of almost 1970 boxes available...that's no where near the 50-200 box LE's that have been popping up from a number of manufacturers over the past 18 months that I've been smoking. Damn...almost 2000 boxes doesn't even seem like a Limited Edition really.

Brooks W
10-04-2010, 01:52 PM
godd-mn stick this time around. I am tired of the hype, and I am tired of shops using their status as a member of the "thirteen" to either mark up the cigars MASSIVELY or make other chickensh-t rules about how people have to "buy another box" of tatajuae to be able to buy a box of face. This is blanket highway robbery. I came REALLY close to boycotting all Tat products (even though I am a HUGE tat whore) the last time this stuff came up. This might be the "face" that broke the camels back this time around.

I would not buy from a store that marks up the cigars price wise just because it is "Rare".

~brooks

marge796
10-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I just paid for my dressed box this afternoon at Centro Cigars in Lawrence KS. They're getting 15 dollars a stick. I can't wait!

:ss

Chris.....

danreeve
10-04-2010, 02:33 PM
MSRP is 13

marge796
10-04-2010, 02:38 PM
MSRP is 13

I agree, anything over that is on the B&M not Tatuaje. :2

Chris.....

Beagleone
10-04-2010, 02:40 PM
How does it work for the non-limited box release? When will those stores be announced? I don't really care for the limited edition box and the trouble to get in on it, I just want a couple singles :)

Usually, the stores at were select will get a larger than normal number of boxes. For the Face (and others in the monster line), it should be around 50 or so (666 /13= 51.23 boxes) of the Face boxes each. I would guess they would get between 30 and 50 each. They will also have a number of 10 count boxes of the Face to sell to the public. Other retailers will recent a number of the 10 counts, and maybe a few of the limited 666 boxes. According to the website, this will go towards the other 130 retailers. This is based on my observations over this line in the last two years. There is still a chance you local B&M will get a few, however the unlucky 13 will get them first.

DoctaJ
10-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I agree, anything over that is on the B&M not Tatuaje. :2

Chris.....

Have to account for whatever your state taxes as well

CRIMPS
10-04-2010, 02:51 PM

Capitalism, yo! This is considered by many to be a good thing ;)

marge796
10-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Have to account for whatever your state taxes as well

Yup, 8.85% which came out to an additional 17.26 for the box. Not happy over that!!!

bigdix
10-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Well, I finally got on the list! They better not suck!! :ss

Brooks W
10-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Usually, the stores at were select will get a larger than normal number of boxes. For the Face (and others in the monster line), it should be around 50 or so (666 /13= 51.23 boxes) of the Face boxes each. I would guess they would get between 30 and 50 each. They will also have a number of 10 count boxes of the Face to sell to the public. Other retailers will recent a number of the 10 counts, and maybe a few of the limited 666 boxes. According to the website, this will go towards the other 130 retailers. This is based on my observations over this line in the last two years. There is still a chance you local B&M will get a few, however the unlucky 13 will get them first.

I know that Jose is getting more then 50 boxes, just don't know how many more...

Another Store I buy from just told me they are getting two dress boxes in, and they are not on the list (and asked if I wanted one)...I think Pete has said that he is going to try to send one or two dress boxes to more stores, so they can have something to show off while trying to sell the 10 count boxes...

~brooks

Adriftpanda
10-04-2010, 04:10 PM
I am tired of the hype, and I am tired of shops using their status as a member of the "thirteen" to either mark up the cigars MASSIVELY or make other chickensh-t rules about how people have to "buy another box" of tatajuae to be able to buy a box of face. This is blanket highway robbery. I came REALLY close to boycotting all Tat products (even though I am a HUGE tat whore) the last time this stuff came up. This might be the "face" that broke the camels back this time around.

I agree with you very much right there and I think most of us actually agree. I had a conversation with my buddy today (one of the 13 shops) and he thought the same. It's not Tatuaje that comes up with these rules.

On another topic, as far as pricing goes, msrp should be around $13 a stick. Looking forward to smoking em.

hscmit
10-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Capitalism, yo! This is considered by many to be a good thing ;)

haha

Drazzil
10-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Anthony's cigar emporium still has the face in stock. This is one of the places that requires you to buy ANY box of tatajuae but they are selling the face dress boxes at MSRP.

I called down there and (I think) I talked to the owner. He called me back from his cell number and I was *EXTREMELY* happy about the numbers that I was quoted, after some mild haggling.

If you guys want a box of face, PM me for his personal cell phone number and tell him David from Cigar Asylum sent you and he will set you up. I already softened him up for you guys.

As of 3:09 PST he still has dress boxes of face in stock. He does not know how much longer he will have em in so call me if you folks dont mind buying another box of tat.

AlohaStyle
10-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks for giving the info to people who want the collectors box of the Face. If anyone was looking for another box of Tats anyway, this is a good deal.

However, this guy is not doing you or anyone else a favor. I have his cell number from last year when he was pulling this same crap. I texted him as soon as the list came out and he is saying the same thing to everyone even though I've bought from him before. He will gladly give out his cell to anyone that has a dollar. He seems like a nice enough guy, but he's only looking out for the mighty dollar. If you want to spend it, by all means...

neoflex
10-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I thought the shops wouldn't have product until the 13th?

AlohaStyle
10-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I thought the shops wouldn't have product until the 13th?

You are correct. He just means that the shop has not accounted for all of their boxes coming in...

Drazzil
10-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks for giving the info to people who want the collectors box of the Face. If anyone was looking for another box of Tats anyway, this is a good deal.

However, this guy is not doing you or anyone else a favor. I have his cell number from last year when he was pulling this same crap. I texted him as soon as the list came out and he is saying the same thing to everyone even though I've bought from him before. He will gladly give out his cell to anyone that has a dollar. He seems like a nice enough guy, but he's only looking out for the mighty dollar. If you want to spend it, by all means...

I was able to get a box of face MSRP, and a box of tainos for an extremely good price. Whether this guy is doing anyone a disservice for asking that people purchase a box along with the box of face, I dunno. I can say that I was DEAD SET against purchasing a box besides the box I wanted, and I walked away happy that I personally was getting a good deal.

Is the guy a mercenary? Yes. Undoubtedly so for bundling boxes, but guess what? Five of the thirteen places on that list are doing the same thing. Another place wants you to buy THREE BOXES just to be able to qualify for the priveledge of buying a box of face.

And as far as mercenaries go, this one is one worth IMHO dealing with.

AlohaStyle
10-05-2010, 05:23 PM
No worries brother and nothing against you. I was genuine when I said thanks for sharing it for everyone that would want the info. For me personally, I won't do business with stipulations like that anymore. I bought from him last year because I REALLY wanted a box of Dracs and I didn't mind buying another box of Tats. This year is different for various reasons...

Since last year, did I go back to that guy when I wanted to make more purchases? No. Why? Because he was doing some shady business in my opinion and my business went to a few B&M's who were owned by honorable people that give good service at reasonable prices.

This is all just my opinion. I don't hold anything against anyone buying from them...

Drazzil
10-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Understood brother. Nothing against anyone who doesen't want to deal with the man. I have the same morals as you do. I hate that kind of sh-t myself. I was dead set against buying another box to get a box.

That being said, the deal I got was so good that I dont feel that jipped at all. This is all I will say about this particular subject.

McSmokey
10-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Purchased two tickets to the event at the Chattanooga Store myself and dpoe will be attending pm me if anybody else will be there we'll meet up!

Tatuaje
10-06-2010, 07:04 PM
After reading this whole thread and seeing everyones concerns, I might be tempted to sell only 666 boxes next year all directly from my Saints & Sinners club website....It will piss off a lot of retailers but at least I can keep the retail price at the suggested one. Of course anyone in California would have to pay OTP and local tax.....

First come first serve limit one per logged in customer......

I'm getting tired of being blamed for prices above suggested retail......

RightAJ
10-06-2010, 07:54 PM
After reading this whole thread and seeing everyones concerns, I might be tempted to sell only 666 boxes next year all directly from my Saints & Sinners club website....It will piss off a lot of retailers but at least I can keep the retail price at the suggested one. Of course anyone in California would have to pay OTP and local tax.....

Its not your fault, and if people are pissed about it then they don't have to go after any... no matter what marketing technique you use, somebody is gonna be critical of it.

I see how you'd wanna sell them only from your site, but I bet a ton of people would sign up JUST for that release and there would have to be some sort of lottery or something which, again, would create problems.

Honestly, I think the hunt for the Halloween releases is a big part of why it is so exciting. If they were available easily there probably wouldn't be as much excitement surrounding them.

I say keep it the way it is and let the haters hate. Most cigar enthusiasts love your products- you've obviously done something right. BUT, I would send a coffin or two to me for inspection of quality control... :ss

aj

Beagleone
10-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Pete, you shouldn't have to take the blame for the price on the sticks. We can't really control the taxes and what owners want for the markup. Personally, I haven't had too much of a problem getting what I want from the B&Ms I deal with. If I get some, then I am ahead of the curve. If not, then I will just wait and see where else I can grab one.

It is interesting to see the feeding frenzy, both online and at the stores. It reminds me a lot of the little kid in "A Christmas Story" when he opened all of the gifts, regardless of who they were addressed to. Online here, it is also the same frenzy that most of us inmates exhibit whenever the Opus and Sharks or any other limited released sticks are found in the wild. I am looking forward to the release of the Face.

E.J.
10-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Honestly, I think the hunt for the Halloween releases is a big part of why it is so exciting. If they were available easily there probably wouldn't be as much excitement surrounding them.

I say keep it the way it is and let the haters hate. Most cigar enthusiasts love your products- you've obviously done something right.

Bingo.... Well said AJ....

AlohaStyle
10-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Hey brotha Pete,

You have been pretty quiet at "the other place", but so are we about the Face so we don't cause the drama like last year! LOL

But I think you are doing a great job with the Face this year and if a customer doesn't realize how much you care or the lengths you go to try and make it fair, screw'em. You know I'm a huge Tat fan and I know I will get some of the cigars eventually so that's why I'm not going crazy trying to get a collectible box, I mainly want the cigars.

I personally think you keep everything as is but if you are concerned about retailers jacking the prices so much, maybe draft a letter to them stating you are taking extra precautions and are watching prices closely and make some recommendations. If the B&M's take it upon themselves to jack people around, that's on them, not you.

Peace brother and I'm looking forward to trying the Cojonu with Mexican wrapper! :)

neoflex
10-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Pete, it's great seeing you chime in and voicing your concerns. Sadly, its what some retailers do with the harder to find sticks. I have seen Anejos go for $35 a pop and Padron 45th go for $40. As long as people are buying them at the price the retailer has no reason to bring their pricing back down to where it should be. I honestly wish manufacturers like you would hold some of these retailers accountable and cut them off and hurt them in their pockets. I know that would also hurt the manufacturer which is why I am sure most will turn a blind eye. When it comes to this people find it easier to blame the manufacturer rather than the retailer. Thanks again for chiming in and it's nice to see that it pisses you off just as much as it does some of us the consumers.

marge796
10-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I love the thrill of the hunt! I think going to a website and clicking "add to cart or buy it now" would suck. I know I'm not the only one who looks forward to this time of the year. If my opinion counted, I'd say keep it as is Pete.

:2

Chris.....

smelvis
10-07-2010, 12:15 AM

I briefly met you in Seattle but so many people were hanging on I couldn't get to talk to you, Was going to buy a couple more boxes for you to sign for the troops.

Just couldn't get a word in so many were hanging on, so I just got a box of cabs and left. Dang it.

I also say leave it alone, we don't blame you. I am pissed at your groupies though :)

Drazzil
10-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Heres a novel idea: Instead of making it a limited number cigar sold at only a few stores that people and retailers gouge, why don't you make it a limited time cigar so that everyone has a fair crack at ordering/buying it if they want it.

Bingo, problem solved.

klipsch
10-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Heres a novel idea: Instead of making it a limited number cigar sold at only a few stores that people and retailers gouge, why don't you make it a limited time cigar so that everyone has a fair crack at ordering/buying it if they want it.

Bingo, problem solved.

Halloween comes at the same time every year. We're all on this forum, so apparently we all have internet access. There's almost 2000 boxes of The Face being produced, which is more than enough for everybody. The people that do have boxes locked in already don't have some magical source that they're able to sit around in their underwear and HTF, LE, Rare sticks just show up at their door (except for Brooks... :r). For anybody that is still in turmoil over the Halloween release that is going to be showing up out of no where, apparently with no warning...my best suggestion would be to start with this list of stores (http://www.tatuajecigars.com/site/stores/). People have cigars shipped from out of state all the time. As far as price gouging goes...just because some people already have a box or 18 boxes locked in...doesn't mean they didn't get gouged on the price. If anything...I'd be complaining about the @holes that are buying as many boxes as possible so that they can turn around and sell them for double what they paid this time next year. They're the ones that are eating up what's available for everybody. It's not Pete or the retailers. Those people need to get beat with a stick that has a nail in it.

Enough with the whining already...

klipsch
10-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Halloween comes at the same time every year. We're all on this forum, so apparently we all have internet access. There's almost 2000 boxes of The Face being produced, which is more than enough for everybody. The people that do have boxes locked in already don't have some magical source that they're able to sit around in their underwear and HTF, LE, Rare sticks just show up at their door (except for Brooks... :r). For anybody that is still in turmoil over the Halloween release that is going to be showing up out of no where, apparently with no warning...my best suggestion would be to start with this list of stores (http://www.tatuajecigars.com/site/stores/). People have cigars shipped from out of state all the time. As far as price gouging goes...just because some people already have a box or 18 boxes locked in...doesn't mean they didn't get gouged on the price. If anything...I'd be complaining about the @holes that are buying as many boxes as possible so that they can turn around and sell them for double what they paid this time next year. They're the ones that are eating up what's available for everybody. It's not Pete or the retailers. Those people need to get beat with a stick that has a nail in it.

Enough with the whining already...

This wasn't meant to be directed at any one person...and I apologize if it appeared that way.

Tatuaje
10-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I think if I made them available for only a short time, I would still have a problem. Retailers would be pissed because they wouldn't get their order in on time and I would still have to limit them on quantities that they could purchase.

688sonarmen
10-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Once again you can't please everyone. As we say in the Navy a b*tching sailor is a happy sailor.

Brutus2600
10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
I think if I made them available for only a short time, I would still have a problem. Retailers would be pissed because they wouldn't get their order in on time and I would still have to limit them on quantities that they could purchase.

Yeah, I think whatever you do, as stated earlier in this thread:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/5059716035_28c6dffd83.jpg

With any limited release cigar, there will be scalpers, there will be collectors, there will be hoarders, and there will be the people who just want to try the cigar. With the release of the dress box and the plain box, I think you've covered your bases for the Tatuaje fans who matter. As for the scalpers and hoarders, well, not much you can do about them no matter how you distribute your cigars.

Personally, I won't be buying a dress box even though I'd love one, I can't afford it at MSRP or inflated prices, so that doesn't really matter to me. I will however try to pick up a few of the singles when they're released in the plain box.

Drazzil
10-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Look, I've been thinking about this thing, and I've been kind of a dick on the face thread. Fact is, last I checked I still had a box coming, I paid a price I am happy with and when push comes to shove, those who want to try it will get a shot at it, if not at the retailers, then on the rebound.

I was kind of in a really foul mood that day I blasted Tat's marketing. Truth told, people could make a casebook on Pete's marketing under the category "Do this if you can". As I am going to marketing school, I should have realized this.

Yes there are people out there on Tats unlucky list of thirteen that tried to gouge prices, I got past those folks and ordered from a place that I am EXTREMELY happy with. I got what I want, he got what he wanted, and in the end, Pete gets paid.

Capitalism at it's best and I am sorry for the sour grapes. For those who had to endure my drama queen mood I have only one thing to say ;s

stewshi
10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Being fairly new to this will the cigars in a dress box be more than they are as singles? This is my first Tat LE release im following. Thanks in advance.

xlc12rf
10-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Im just hoping to get my hands on a few singles :)

neoflex
10-07-2010, 12:27 PM
I am just impressed to see Pete posting and stating his case. I have never seen any other manufacturer ever post on a public message board. Shows a lot about his character in my opinion.
Just keep doing what you do. People will b*tch and moan no matter how you release the sticks or if you decide not to continue the limited release and if you do. Like someone else said, "You can;t please everyone. The fact that people are making a big deal and getting so pissed about just means your doing something right.

smelvis
10-07-2010, 12:50 PM

You sell and make one of the most sought after brands today, I tend to think you must be already doing it right LOL
Dave

marge796
10-07-2010, 12:50 PM
I am just impressed to see Pete posting and stating his case. I have never seen any other manufacturer ever post on a public message board. Shows a lot about his character in my opinion.
Just keep doing what you do. People will b*tch and moan no matter how you release the sticks or if you decide not to continue the limited release and if you do. Like someone else said, "You can;t please everyone. The fact that people are making a big deal and getting so pissed about just means your doing something right.

:tpd:

Don Fernando
10-07-2010, 12:55 PM

And he came through, there are 2 boxes heading for The Netherlands, one has my name on it :D And as I am not greedy and selfish, I will share them with my fellow Dutch botls.

BigAsh
10-07-2010, 01:04 PM
And he came through, there are 2 boxes heading for The Netherlands, one has my name on it :D And as I am not greedy and selfish, I will share them with my fellow Dutch botls.

hey...I'm 1/32 Dutch!....:r

Don Fernando
10-07-2010, 01:15 PM
hey...I'm 1/32 Dutch!....:r

and that's the part of you that acts up as soon as the waiter brings the bill? :D

kelmac07
10-07-2010, 01:16 PM
and that's the part of you that acts up as soon as the waiter brings the bill? :D

Good one Ferdie!! :r :r :r

BigAsh
10-07-2010, 01:18 PM

:noon...

Beagleone
10-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Personally, I won't be buying a dress box even though I'd love one, I can't afford it at MSRP or inflated prices, so that doesn't really matter to me. I will however try to pick up a few of the singles when they're released in the plain box.

Does that mean you want me to bring one of the Dracs and Borris to the herf this weekend for you?

Being fairly new to this will the cigars in a dress box be more than they are as singles? This is my first Tat LE release im following. Thanks in advance.

I don't think many of us inmates knew that Pete was on this forum. I am glad to hear from him nonetheless.

Skywalker
10-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I agree with you very much right there and I think most of us actually agree. I had a conversation with my buddy today (one of the 13 shops) and he thought the same. It's not Tatuaje that comes up with these rules.

On another topic, as far as pricing goes, msrp should be around $13 a stick. Looking forward to smoking em.

Did you smoke one today???

How was it???

Did you get hints of leather???:sh

Brooks W
10-07-2010, 05:13 PM
A box will be here tomorrow, so we will see...

~brooks

Matt-N-Ga
10-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Regardless of how you handle this Pete, someone is gonna be pissed.

i.e...take the guy who can't get them...it's your fault that you didn't produce enough, making demand too high, causing a panic...all the while, you sit back and collect the profit.

i.e...You sell them from your site...The B&M owners/supporters see you as taking product from them to keep profit for yourself, so now they are pissed.

Long story short, your never going to please everyone. Do what you feel is best, sleep well (if you sleep at all) and let those who whine, whine. Let those who have garnered a relationship with a retailer that can get them their desired sticks continue to enjoy your product. I know I love my Noella Reservas, even though they at times can be hard to find.

688sonarmen
10-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Looks like some people allready have their hands on these.

neoflex
10-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I thought these don't ship until the 13th????

muhren
10-07-2010, 05:51 PM
I saw a box on facebook already

688sonarmen
10-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Seems it would be kind of hard to hit a delivery date of the 13th to every one of the 13. That's some serious coordination that is probably impossible to do, so I would imagine most will get theirs early. Could you imagine the high pitched whines is they were late:r

neoflex
10-07-2010, 05:53 PM
I saw a box on facebook already
Nice, so now the search begins.:r

Skywalker
10-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Looks like some people allready have their hands on these.

Fakes!!!:r

neoflex
10-07-2010, 05:55 PM
They may have been asked by Pete to remove it since they are slated for the 13th. May be gun shy that an angry mob will be outside his house ready to burn him at the stake.:r

Smokin Gator
10-07-2010, 06:12 PM
I have no problem with the marketing or the markups that retailers may demand. That is the open market. My only *itch is that an LE product should be top notch. Last year that was not the case. The Dracs are not a top quality product. I hope for the ones that buy this year's product that it is awesome. For me I don't care for the size and am still miffed by last year's product.

BTW.. I thought the Frank was great.

E.J.
10-07-2010, 06:25 PM
When I first heard of the size of this smoke, I was not interested....but as the release came closer, I decided that I probably should just try to acquire a box and see what happened...

Don Fernando
10-08-2010, 01:37 AM
The box that is headed my way will be split between JHinc, SmokeyNL and me :banger

Adriftpanda
10-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Did you smoke one today???

How was it???

Did you get hints of leather???:sh

Smoked one as soon as the boxes were in today. It was good, reminded me of the Boris. First half was good and with the last 3rd left, it just picked up and went to work with some good flavors. I think most of you guys will enjoy this cigar. :D

Adriftpanda
10-08-2010, 02:00 AM
I should do a review before Brooks gets his smoke in tomorrow, lol.

BTW Brooks I shipped out your smokes today.

Louistogies
10-08-2010, 02:15 AM
After reading this hole thread I realized...My eye hurt now! And no were closer to getting a box, great.

Drazzil
10-08-2010, 03:26 PM
My source is tapped.

kelmac07
10-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Boxes??? Hell, I'd be happy to find ONE single stick!! :D

neoflex
10-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Boxes??? Hell, I'd be happy to find ONE single stick!! :D

:tpd:I have a few phone calls out but nothing has come to fruition yet.

Darrell
10-08-2010, 05:49 PM
BTW Brooks I rubbed my sack all over your smokes today.

Geez, Wii. :D

stewshi
10-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Anyone in AZ going to the Tuscon store on release date?

acarr
10-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Anyone in AZ going to the Tuscon store on release date?

I will be there.

Ratters
10-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Really Andy, that's so surprising. :ss

Was at a Tat event last night. He actually is a pretty cool guy like most people say.

acarr
10-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Really Andy, that's so surprising. :ss

Was at a Tat event last night. He actually is a pretty cool guy like most people say.

Well you know I have to complete the collection. Even though I said I wouldn't be tracking these down this year, it wasn't much of a problem. I just have to "visit a client down in Tucson", find a baby sitter, miss my wife's birthday, ect to get down there for the event.:D

Matt-N-Ga
10-08-2010, 08:46 PM
It appears that I won't be getting any this year. My normal circle seems to be unawares of how to get any, and my buddy at GStreet said he is giving his walk-in customers first chance (which I think is fair, and really good of him, they are his life blood) if he has any left, they are mine, but not seeing that as a viable option.

jitzy
10-09-2010, 06:22 AM
I just wanna say everyone that thinks there not gonna get any, just relax and have patience last year and the first year I didn't think I would get any either and ended up with a boat load. Your gonna start seeing them pop up on the boards for sale or somewhere else. Not everyone will like it and try to sell them or sometimes guys will look to get some money back on the box they bought and sell a fiver. I remember guys getting boxes of Borris months after the release. Just have patience and remember if you see 15 guys online say they called ALL the shops on the list maybe one will have called. There will be cigars out there and I'm sure whoever really wants one will find one.

OLS
10-09-2010, 09:08 AM
If you guys want a box of face, PM me for his personal cell phone number and tell him David from Cigar Asylum sent you and he will set you up. I already softened him up for you guys.

As of 3:09 PST he still has dress boxes of face in stock. He does not know how much longer he will have em in so call me if you folks dont mind buying another box of tat.

hahaha, earlier in the thread you HAD HAD IT with The marketing, the BS, the hype, and you were OUT. Now you're pimpin' for em??? hahaha:r:noon:D:=:

OK, I see later in the thread you apologized for pulling what we like to call an 'OLS'. I still thought it was hilarious.

Brutus2600
10-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Does anybody know of a calendar of Tatuaje events? I'm curious if there are going to be any in my area. I didn't see anything on the site, but I might've missed it ;s

klipsch
10-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Allz I can say about these...is that they're absolutely DELICIOUS!

Goldie
10-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Imagine that, Walt thinks another Tatuaje cigar is tasty.

Just kiddin' ya' Walt, because you just so happen to be right about all the Tatuaje's. They are good.

neoflex
10-09-2010, 06:06 PM
With that, anyone have a 5er they would be willing to sell, hell I would be happy with 2 at this point. I've come up with bubkis so far.

klipsch
10-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Imagine that, Walt thinks another Tatuaje cigar is tasty.

Just kiddin' ya' Walt, because you just so happen to be right about all the Tatuaje's. They are good.

I'm going on record and saying that this is the best of the monster series that I've had to date. :tu

neoflex
10-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm going on record and saying that this is the best of the monster series that I've had to date. :tu

Looks amazing!:dr

colimo
10-09-2010, 09:42 PM
are these out already?...i thought they were not shipping till close to or after halloween?

neoflex
10-09-2010, 09:43 PM
They were slated to be released the 13th but seem to be hitting shops wayyyyy earlier.

Louistogies
10-09-2010, 10:23 PM
It looks like oily madness!

Adriftpanda
10-09-2010, 11:10 PM

No.

JHinc
10-10-2010, 04:55 AM
The box that is headed my way will be split between JHinc, SmokeyNL and me :banger

All i can say to that is....score!:dr

smelvis
10-10-2010, 05:05 AM
I give up. it is to that point where it's just to irritating to continue. just not meant to be I suppose. I will be content to smoke others.

688sonarmen
10-10-2010, 05:16 AM
Even if I had some I would not smoke them without a month of age on them. Its only the 10th and the "regular" release wont be out in full force until the 31st. Or at least the guys on the east coast, and Im waiting for a review from Brooks to really see how these are.

Ewingrules
10-10-2010, 08:23 AM
No.

Not as good as the Frank yet(but it is not by much). It could reach the point where it is as good or better than the Frank. It is better than the Drac by far and slightly better tha the Boris.

klipsch
10-10-2010, 09:54 AM
No.

I'm gonna pull out a Boris today...just to confirm my belief.

Brooks W
10-10-2010, 12:08 PM
No.

Can you elaborate?

~brooks

MiamiE
10-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Does anybody know of a calendar of Tatuaje events? I'm curious if there are going to be any in my area. I didn't see anything on the site, but I might've missed it ;s

I too and am looking for an answer to this!

Brooks W
10-10-2010, 12:53 PM
A photo of the cigars and box...

http://www.BrooksWhittington.net/cigars/Face_ (1 of 1).jpg

~brooks

klipsch
10-10-2010, 12:54 PM
A photo of the cigars and box...

http://www.BrooksWhittington.net/cigars/Face_ (1 of 1).jpg

~brooks
Is that burlap under the paper wrap?

Brooks W
10-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Is that burlap under the paper wrap?

Yep!

~brooks

AlohaStyle
10-10-2010, 01:00 PM

There has never been one before that I know of... haven't heard anything about a new one. I think Pete goes to too many things it would be too much work! LOL

klipsch
10-10-2010, 01:06 PM
I called 5 local shops this morning that hadn't even received any calls or had any plans for how they were going to handle the sales this year. The chase hasn't even begun around here yet.

Adriftpanda
10-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Can you elaborate?

~brooks

Not saying it's not good, just not my favorite of the series.

I'm not a fan of Mexican wrappers, it just doesn't do it for me. The initial few puffs were great, I got tons of smoke and spice. After a 5 minutes into, it just went away. I was able to taste that sweet tobacco but that was mainly it, didn't change a whole lot to me.

Now, maybe it was because I opened one of the 10 count boxes as soon as they arrived at the shop. I will sit on my box for a little bit and see how that goes.

I'm not saying that the cigar sucked, I liked it. I was just saying it's not my favorite of the monster series.

Brooks W
10-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Not saying it's not good, just not my favorite of the series.

I'm not a fan of Mexican wrappers, it just doesn't do it for me. The initial few puffs were great, I got tons of smoke and spice. After a 5 minutes into, it just went away. I was able to taste that sweet tobacco but that was mainly it, didn't change a whole lot to me.

Now, maybe it was because I opened one of the 10 count boxes as soon as they arrived at the shop. I will sit on my box for a little bit and see how that goes.

I'm not saying that the cigar sucked, I liked it. I was just saying it's not my favorite of the monster series.

Well, after smoking one, I think a lot of people are going to be surprised with the profile of this one, esp considering the idea of who it was named after...

~brooks

AlohaStyle
10-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Well, after smoking one, I think a lot of people are going to be surprised with the profile of this one, esp considering the idea of who it was named after...

~brooks

Why will people be surprised? Just curious...

A Cojonu blend with the Mexican wrapper sounds mighty tasty to me! :tu

Adriftpanda
10-10-2010, 02:17 PM
And I couldn't agree with you more. When I was smoking it, I pretty much said that to myself.

klipsch
10-10-2010, 02:51 PM
And I couldn't agree with you more. When I was smoking it, I pretty much said that to myself.
I have to agree. But I found it to be the most complex of the monsters I've smoked. Keep in mind that the Drac did nothing for me at all...either when it was released or presently.

klipsch
10-10-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm gonna pull out a Boris today...just to confirm my belief.

Smoked a Boris tonight while watching Halloween II. Great cigar. But if I'm choosing between the Frank (the way they're smoking now), the Boris (I'm not even considering the Drac in the running) and the Face...I'm liking the Face as the front runner. Though the Frank was my favorite stick period, for some time... :sh

gijoey959
10-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Haha, you can tell yourself you don't want them all you want, when you see that bundle/box it goes out the door :P too bad no where locally sells very much Tatuaje or I'd be able to get a box (october birthday for the win! Wife and parents like buying me cigars :tu)

RightAJ
10-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Saw a box on OH for $300 already... Some people have no shame

I'd love to get a box but not that way.

aj

smelvis
10-11-2010, 09:02 PM

aj

I'd overpay but not that much, dang what you said!

klipsch
10-11-2010, 09:15 PM

aj

Your not supposed to ask double the price until this time NEXT year. Where's that stick with a nail in it...?

gijoey959
10-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I was bracing for $175 maximum for the 13 stick box, no way i'd pay more than that for that few cigars, limited release or not

Goldie
10-11-2010, 09:53 PM
$300 for the box, class act...

RightAJ
10-11-2010, 10:19 PM

Lol reminds me of The League last week... anyone else watch that show??

Sorry threadjack off

aj

Louistogies
10-11-2010, 11:36 PM

That's just shady.

stewshi
10-12-2010, 12:25 AM
I was bracing for $175 maximum for the 13 stick box, no way i'd pay more than that for that few cigars, limited release or not

That's retail isn't that?

sikk50
10-12-2010, 12:36 AM
I think retail is $172 so yea that's about right

neoflex
10-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Sadly, as the saying goes "There's an @sshole for every seat" so chances are someone with more money than smarts will snatch them up at that price. At that price that's $23 a stick!

E.J.
10-12-2010, 06:57 AM
I don't think that it is going to be too hard to get over $200 with taxes and shipping..... I did....

Nefari0us
10-12-2010, 08:04 AM
I look forward to getting my hands on a few of these, shop owner by me is supposed to be receiving some

rizzle
10-12-2010, 08:34 AM
What is "OH"?

DBall
10-12-2010, 08:53 AM
What is "OH"?

Onlinehumidor.com

While I'm posting in this thread, I've never smoked the 'monster' series (though I was gifted a Frank, which I'm sure I'll try at some point). Pete's marketing skills are clearly impressive, but I haven't been able to get into Tat's... that aside, these cigars are huge.

To each their own, though. For guys on the hunt... good luck.

Nefari0us
10-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Just went by the shop, the came in, I grabbed 3... I'll report back later after smoking one and let you guys know how it was

CigarGuy88
10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Onlinehumidor.com

While I'm posting in this thread, I've never smoked the 'monster' series (though I was gifted a Frank, which I'm sure I'll try at some point). Pete's marketing skills are clearly impressive, but I haven't been able to get into Tat's... that aside, these cigars are huge.

To each their own, though. For guys on the hunt... good luck.

*cough* smoke it on the 30th *cough*

gijoey959
10-12-2010, 09:21 AM
That would be cool, I'm gonna skip out on these if they're too expensive, since I can get a box of 20+ something else for around that price, but I like the idea of the monster series, and since I've never had any of them, why not jump in with "the face"... if I can find a box

Volusianator
10-12-2010, 09:26 AM
But if I'm choosing between the Frank (the way they're smoking now), the Boris (I'm not even considering the Drac in the running) and the Face...I'm liking the Face as the front runner. Though the Frank was my favorite stick period, for some time... :sh

Interesting, looking forward to getting them in our shop then as the Frank was an outstanding cigar IMHO.

McSmokey
10-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Looks like $212 will be the price after tax for the shop I will be purchasing from.

BeerAdvocate
10-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Looks like $212 will be the price after tax for the shop I will be purchasing from.

That is what I paid

rizzle
10-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Onlinehumidor.com

Thanks, Dan. Learn something new every day.

Hippi3Slay3r
10-12-2010, 10:33 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m50/Cindel_bucket/Walnuts.jpg For a couple of these :r

Louistogies
10-13-2010, 11:24 AM
So now it begins.

Brooks W
10-13-2010, 11:38 AM
So now it begins.

Nope, it started a week ago! LOL!

themoneycollector
10-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Nope, it started a week ago! LOL!

LOL :noon

Louistogies
10-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah but officially.

neoflex
10-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah but officially.

Actually, they were officially released last week and if trying to get a dress box from one of the Lucky 13 you will more than likely be SOL as most of the Lucky 13 have received and are sold out of the Dress boxes by now. If your just looking for a couple sticks or the unofficial box of 10 than yes, it has technically just begun for the rest of Pete's retailers are just now receiving these sticks.

Louistogies
10-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I thought they were suppose to be released today.

Brooks W
10-13-2010, 12:03 PM
I thought they were suppose to be released today.

Tell that to the stores that have already sent me mine :)

~brooks

Nefari0us
10-13-2010, 12:03 PM
I wasn't very fond of "The Face", I was under the impression that these were to be strong to represent Leatherface himself. It was actually a very mild smoke untill the last third, where the body picked up and the earthy flavor was backed by a mild pepper along with some other flavors that I was unable to pick out. This smoke reminded me of something I smoked not that long ago, unfortunately I'm drawing a blank when trying to remember what it was. I'd be willing to part with the remaining 3 sticks I have for something more up my alley

Louistogies
10-13-2010, 12:09 PM

~brooks

LOL.

neoflex
10-13-2010, 12:27 PM

~brooks

Mine should be on my doorstep tomorrow.:dr

E.J.
10-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Mine should be on my doorstep tomorrow.:dr

Same.... Though I am seriously considering trading them....:confused:

Drazzil
10-13-2010, 12:56 PM
To anyone who wants to try one face and score a fiver or tainos I am selling at least one sixer on my want to sell thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37525)

Louistogies
10-13-2010, 01:05 PM
To anyone who wants to try one face and score a fiver or tainos I am selling at least one sixer on my want to sell thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37525)

Dang. I haven't been here long enough yet I guess.

pnoon
10-13-2010, 01:10 PM
David - Since newer members do not have access to the WTS forum, we discourage cross linking threads.
Posted via Mobile Device

688sonarmen
10-13-2010, 01:26 PM
http://www.acigarsmoker.com/2010/10/13/cigar-review-the-face/
quite a different review from what we have seen so far, looks like next year is the wolfman.

Brooks W
10-13-2010, 01:34 PM
http://www.acigarsmoker.com/2010/10/13/cigar-review-the-face/
quite a different review from what we have seen so far, looks like next year is the wolfman.

Actually, it looks like that review is right in line with mine, and with most of what I have heard about this stick...

Have you seen other reviews? I have been looking, and have not found any (formal ones)...

~brooks

icantbejon
10-13-2010, 01:44 PM
I got mine coming today...got a call from the B&M and I made the cutoff. I'm pretty stoked honestly. Didn't think I'd actually get a call back. I was able to pick up some for a friend as well!

Bill86
10-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I got mine coming today...got a call from the B&M and I made the cutoff. I'm pretty stoked honestly. Didn't think I'd actually get a call back. I was able to pick up some for a friend as well!

Same and same!

Got 2 boxes, one dressed and one regular! I made the cutoff by about....2 people.

jovenhut
10-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I am looking for a 5er Plenty to trade

stewshi
10-13-2010, 01:50 PM

~brooks

Stores huh ... someone went fishing and scored big.;)

Brooks W
10-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Stores huh ... someone went fishing and scored big.;)

Yes, but I won't be keeping most of them...to many people out there without some :)

~brooks

klipsch
10-13-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm getting calls from shops that are saying people on their lists hear that they can't get a dress box...and are saying forget it. That's nuts!

688sonarmen
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Actually, it looks like that review is right in line with mine, and with most of what I have heard about this stick...

Have you seen other reviews? I have been looking, and have not found any (formal ones)...

~brooks

Now that I went back I see you are right, at first I thought the review was saying it was more powerful than I read now. I have never had any of the monster series but is it the strongest out of the 3? If I remember correctly the guy wore a dress at the end of the movie, not an image that makes me think it would be a strong stick:r

klipsch
10-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Now that I went back I see you are right, at first I thought the review was saying it was more powerful than I read now. I have never had any of the monster series but is it the strongest out of the 3? If I remember correctly the guy wore a dress at the end of the movie, not an image that makes me think it would be a strong stick:r

In my opinion...it's the strongest of the monster series. The other 3 had no strength behind them at all.

Brooks W
10-13-2010, 02:09 PM

It is definitely the Strongest (in terms of body and Nicotine) of the Monster series, esp in the last third...

However, in terms of Spice or pepper, it is Third or so (behind the Frank and the Drac)...it actually quite a mild cigar...

~brooks

688sonarmen
10-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Got mine in today. I went with the deal to buy a box of tats and get the face.

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/DSCN0105-1.jpg
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/DSCN0106.jpg
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/DSCN0107.jpg
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/DSCN0108.jpg
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/DSCN0110.jpg

RightAJ
10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
I hate you guys :D

aj

Louistogies
10-13-2010, 04:07 PM
I hate you guys :D

aj

HAHA! :r

mastershogun
10-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Didn't get a box of 13 but did find a box of 10

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1830/img1885j.jpg (http://img230.imageshack.us/i/img1885j.jpg/)

RightAJ
10-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Didn't get a box of 13 but did find a box of 10

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1830/img1885j.jpg (http://img230.imageshack.us/i/img1885j.jpg/)

I'd settle for that!:dr

aj

Louistogies
10-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Same here.

cigarmonkel
10-14-2010, 08:45 PM
i thought the 10's were the 2nd release?

klipsch
10-14-2010, 09:33 PM
i thought the 10's were the 2nd release?

Later release. But the shops that got the dress boxes got the boxes of 10 as well. The shops at least here in MA/RI (not the unlucky 13) haven't seen their orders yet, but they're en-route. They're getting really pissy too, if you try and get them to commit to anything for you...because they "say" they don't know what they're getting. :r

nick2021
10-15-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm looking out for the 2nd releases :)

neoflex
10-15-2010, 06:58 AM
My dress box landed yesterday. They smell absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to torch one of these SOBs. I will try and patiently wait for them to settle down for a few days first although it may be tough. They are beautifully ugly.

jmsremax
10-15-2010, 07:22 AM
I love the box that these come in, but I am not going to stress out getting one. If I get a chance to smoke one sweet if not oh well. Pete is a quite the marketing genius.

Congrats to those that got some. Has anyone reviewed them yet?

smokinpeace
10-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Expecting some today. Hope they are worth the effort.

LasciviousXXX
10-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Chris, Nefari0us, is stopping by a shop to look for a few for me. A public thank you brother :tu

McSmokey
10-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Somebody may try calling Burns Tobacconist in Chattanooga. Last I checked they still had 2 dress boxes unsold.

elderboy02
10-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Somebody may try calling Burns Tobacconist in Chattanooga. Last I checked they still had 2 dress boxes unsold.

Just called. He put me on a list. He is getting in the 10ct boxes.

McSmokey
10-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Just called. He put me on a list. He is getting in the 10ct boxes.

Good Deal:tu Oh and anybody going through or near Chattanooga I highly recommend stopping off at Burns this place is top of the line. Phil, the owner and Matt, the Manager are great people and very accommodating. My trip up there Wednesday for the release event as already brought up discussions of Roadtrips back there with my herf buddies in Gardendale.

Brutus2600
10-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Just called, the lady who answered said the line was busy then I got a call on my other line I had to answer :p I'm sure it was one of you guys on the phone with them, no? :r:r

Matt-N-Ga
10-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Good Deal:tu Oh and anybody going through or near Chattanooga I highly recommend stopping off at Burns this place is top of the line. Phil, the owner and Matt, the Manager are great people and very accommodating. My trip up there Wednesday for the release event as already brought up discussions of Roadtrips back there with my herf buddies in Gardendale.

Damn bro, didn't know you were there. me and whodeeni drove up there early, got there around 10:15 and hung out with Matt and his crew. We had a great time, spent way too much money, but unfortunately had to leave before Pete got there.

McSmokey
10-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Damn bro, didn't know you were there. me and whodeeni drove up there early, got there around 10:15 and hung out with Matt and his crew. We had a great time, spent way too much money, but unfortunately had to leave before Pete got there.

Yeah I didn't get there til about 5:45 spent what felt like forever getting down interstate.

Bill86
10-15-2010, 05:28 PM
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy292/Bill1986/IMG_4117.jpg?t=1287185166

My boxes touched down today, 4 people here are going to be happy!

-Bill

bishjd123
10-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Envious. My B&M said to come back the week of Halloween since I’m only looking for the non dress box.

smokinpeace
10-17-2010, 07:34 AM
I wouldn't worry. I think the Face is not that hard to come by this year. There is a lot more supply. Thank you Pete.

cigarmonkel
10-17-2010, 08:25 AM
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy292/Bill1986/IMG_4117.jpg?t=1287185166

My boxes touched down today, 4 people here are going to be happy!

-Bill

:banger:tu

cigarlvr
10-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Smoked one out if the dress box I got last night and it is a great cigar that kicked my butt and I am a heave cigar smoker. It was a great smoke ge them if you can

Brutus2600
10-19-2010, 10:02 AM
New Havana Cigars has them up right now for sale (the non-dress box). 13th customer to purchase a box gets a free upgrade to the dress box of 13. Also, they have singles. Might want to jump on this ASAP if you're interested in picking up a box.

Nevermind ;s

Jeez, literally by the time I posted this they were already gone. Ridiculous.

CigarGuy88
10-19-2010, 10:04 AM
NHC Sold out in 3 minutes

MiamiE
10-19-2010, 10:07 AM
This was ridiculous. At 12:00 I had them in my cart and at 12:01 they were sold out. Shocking.

GreekGodX
10-19-2010, 10:11 AM
As I learned from last years NHC Drac-off you had to be logged into your account already and have payment/shipping info saved or else you had no chance. Same thing happened today.