PDA

View Full Version : St Louis Cardinals Fans Sound Off!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

qwerty1500
06-04-2013, 05:11 PM
The suspension seemed kind of light to me too. Hope he doesn't have to take it during the Reds series. Otherwise, the appeal would look like a bad idea.

Wacha again tonight. Hope the kid does alright.

688sonarmen
06-04-2013, 06:46 PM
On right now, he is doing ok. And we really need Yaddi for the Reds, that's for sure!

688sonarmen
06-04-2013, 06:54 PM
A quick plug for Matt Carpenter, he is a beast! A vacuume on defense and he takes all his at bats so deep to swing the appearance to his favor.

qwerty1500
06-05-2013, 04:17 AM
Matt's a gem ... Wacha tonight, not so much. His next game will tell us a lot.

Long game, great bullpen work, crummy outcome. All those innings from the bullpen have put us in a bind since they were thinking about startring Joe Kelly tonight.

688sonarmen
06-05-2013, 06:52 AM
You are right, it could be a good thing if he pulls out a gem next game. But it is his test, the kid has never had to overcome anything so far.

Man, I really like Joe Kelly for the work he put in last year. Not sure what happened but I hope he is just a better starter than reliever. Cards should have actually lost the game in 9 from the 3rd base upms blown call, either way Cards NEVER seem to win in extra innings. I'm not having a good feeling about the momentum right now, and the fact that the Reds are next.

I almost fogot about Matt. C getting hit 3 times last night, lol!

688sonarmen
06-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Well that's the Cards I remember from 2011! Holliday error, several double plays and shoddy defense, lol! "Wild Thing" Kelly pitched well and battled with risp. Seems like the Cards and Reds destiny is tied with their loss last night.

688sonarmen
06-06-2013, 07:30 PM
HR derby tonight! Even a blast by Shelby Miller!

qwerty1500
06-07-2013, 05:40 AM
Glad there were only 9 innings ... the D'Backs just kept chipping away ... they're pretty good team. Speaking about pretty good teams ... the Reds are next.

688sonarmen
06-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Glad there were only 9 innings ... the D'Backs just kept chipping away ... they're pretty good team. Speaking about pretty good teams ... the Reds are next.

I was thinking the same thing. Actually at first I was thinking why are they wasting Mohica warming up with such a huge lead, then I got more respect for Mathney. The Dbacks right fielder, forget his name but he is the Jay for their team, what a beast!

I would love love love to attend the game in Cinci, its going to be NUTS!

qwerty1500
06-08-2013, 05:29 AM
Off to a good start in Cinci. We'll see how the rookie does tonight against their lineup.

688sonarmen
06-08-2013, 05:39 AM
All I can say is 2 outs, 2 outs, 2 outs! And all the hitting streaks.

I'm worried once again that I'll be blacked out and a Nationals game will be on since Fox is covering it. If so ill be listing old school to the radio feed.

688sonarmen
06-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Latos is a beast as usual. It was a close game until Lyons started coming apart and the BP did not help much with of all things their fielding. How about the last out?

Ah well, rubber match today and I'm thinking the Cards have it.

qwerty1500
06-10-2013, 05:25 AM
How about the last out?

I must be getting old ... went to bed and totally missed it.

Ah well, rubber match today and I'm thinking the Cards have it.

Yup ... it was one of those piranha innings, complete with a grand slam.

I AM getting old ... was sound asleep when the bats finally woke up. Guess I'm glad they aren't playing on the west coast ... would have probably missed the entire game.

688sonarmen
06-10-2013, 08:32 AM
That was the best game of the year, lead changes, errors, questionable calls, clutch hitting, amazing late inning pitching, and a Win!

688sonarmen
06-11-2013, 05:20 AM
Wacha has a lot to prove this outing. I'm defiantly not counting out the Mets, any team that sweeps the Yankeeys then gets swept by the Marlins is dangerous and should not be issued a gun, :D

qwerty1500
06-11-2013, 05:40 AM
Wacha has a lot to prove this outing. I'm defiantly not counting out the Mets, any team that sweeps the Yankeeys then gets swept by the Marlins is dangerous and should not be issued a gun, :D

With Westbrook due to return ... Wacha has to know that he's on the bubble. Time to buckle down rookie and show them what you have ... otherwise ... the next stop will be the bullpen or Memphis BBQ. I'm rooting for you.

The comment on the Mets is classic.

qwerty1500
06-12-2013, 05:45 AM
Well ... the rookie did okay once he settled down after the first inning ... not dominate ... but okay ... still walked too many batters. The first inning and all the walks really ran up his pitch count.

Here's my question for the morning. Who do you move from the rotation, Lyons or Wacha?

I'm not sure that Westbrook will be back to stay.

Lyons is the only left-hander in the rotation.

Mozeliak was dropping all kinds of hints about Wacha needing to stay at AAA to work on his curve ball. Do you bring that kind of talent up for three games just to send him back to work on his curve ball? They knew that when they brought him up.

688sonarmen
06-13-2013, 05:56 AM
Wacha did work through it, but I would still send him down since he seems to be being groomed to be a starter and I think he needs a full season in the minors. As for the lefty I would say Boggs, Zepchinsky (Scrabble) Lol, and Marte would make excellent trade fodder for a decent lefty from on of the sub .400 clubs.

Gee pitched well last night and had the Cards guessing wrong all night. To bad about Miller, he had some good stuff but a rough 1st and got caught on a few fastballs. Rubber match in a few hrs!

100% agree with you about Westbrook.

Well ... the rookie did okay once he settled down after the first inning ... not dominate ... but okay ... still walked too many batters. The first inning and all the walks really ran up his pitch count.

Here's my question for the morning. Who do you move from the rotation, Lyons or Wacha?

I'm not sure that Westbrook will be back to stay.

Lyons is the only left-hander in the rotation.

Mozeliak was dropping all kinds of hints about Wacha needing to stay at AAA to work on his curve ball. Do you bring that kind of talent up for three games just to send him back to work on his curve ball? They knew that when they brought him up.

qwerty1500
06-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Wow ... love a good pitching duel. Two really good pitchers ... Cy Young candidates really ... amazing defense and key hits ... all down to the last out ... what more can you want?

Westbrook tonight. We'll see if he's healthy.

Btw, have good tickets for the Cubbies game next Tuesday.

qwerty1500
06-16-2013, 02:37 AM
What happened to our starting pitching? Thought Westbrook might still have some physical problems ... not so sure after watching what they did to Lynn.

Heard that Mozeliak sent Wacha down because he wasn't able to locate his fast ball and that made his change-up a lot less effective. I guess we will see if Lyons can solve the problem with the Miami lineup.

688sonarmen
06-16-2013, 06:12 AM
Lynn had a sort of implosion late last year. I think also he is putting weight back on. I'm not sure what it all means but maybe he has the game endurance to be a starter but not the season endurance.

qwerty1500
06-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Lynn had a sort of implosion late last year.

Yeah, he did. Think we heard the first pop?

Hadn't noticed the weight thing ... but I'll be looking for it.

qwerty1500
06-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Sheesh ........

688sonarmen
06-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Had to happen some time, fitting it was against Miami.

qwerty1500
06-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Yep, totally agree.

If that's how they are going to play in the heat and humidity, it's going to be a long summer in St. Louis.

qwerty1500
06-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Got to watch that awful game in person.

Wanno had a disasterous first inning. Our line-up didn't seem to be trying to work the count and kept their starter in the game ... who looked like Cy Young for the 8 innings I saw. Freese with two dp's killed the only rally hopes until the 9th inning. Plus, we had to sit next to two cub fans ...

Can't say I enjoyed it much.

But ... trying to find something good to say ... it was a beautiful night to be at Busch.

688sonarmen
06-19-2013, 05:50 AM
It did look nice on tv. I came in before the last out in the bottom of the 1st and had to rub my eyes. That S 13 guy for the Cubs was pitching pretty good though. Hey at least the 9th showed some promise. I feel for you though, the next ge I'm going to is July 7th vs Miami, going to be really pissed if the Cards lose.

qwerty1500
06-19-2013, 10:17 PM
At Busch again tonight. Great seats ... row 14 between home and the cubies dugout. Perfect spot to watch Westbrook. Was a little concerned after his last outing but he looked solid ... everything seemed to be working.

Some sloppy play on defense. Not a lot of offense ... but enough. Hoping Holliday is coming out of his slump ... that boy is streaky.

Overall, enjoyed this one much more than last night. Negatives? We're hitting into too many double plays. And, Busch is starting to warm up ... mid 80's all night and not much of breeze.

688sonarmen
06-20-2013, 05:50 AM
It was good to see Westbrook get a W. there should have been more double plays but the Cubs defense like the Cards was a little sloppy. I was really surprised to see M Carpenters. Also Yaddi has not been himself on defense lately. But a W is a W!

qwerty1500
06-21-2013, 06:39 AM
Is it possible that Lynn "un-imploded?" I didn't see any of this game ... had to work ... but listened to the 8th and 9th innings on the way home. From the box score and what I've heard, it sounds like Lynn had his game going. However, only 6 innings and 90+ pitches ... 3 hits, 6 strike-outs and only 2 walks ... sounds like he had to work for every out.

Holliday was 2 for 4 with a HR ... slump seems gone ... for now.

Still a little concerned about the DP's. Hit into 2 and one was a rally killer.

Tonight, they're matching up Lyons against the Rangers. Hope that works out ...

688sonarmen
06-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Lynn was pitching vs the Cubs, lol! Maybe he just was a little uneasy for a few games. Not sure how the Rangers are doing this year but it should be interesting!

qwerty1500
06-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Lynn was pitching vs the Cubs, lol! Maybe he just was a little uneasy for a few games. Not sure how the Rangers are doing this year but it should be interesting!

Well ... wasn't his "implosion" against the Marlins ... an even worse record that our beloved cubbies?

Rangers are a pretty good club again, as we saw last night. Why do we have so much trouble with left-handers every single year?

I'm about ready to throw in the towel on Mr Lyons. Shelby tonight.

The Poet
06-22-2013, 12:26 PM
So what's this story about Matt Holliday hitting a dinger with his dong out? I thought you could only be swinging ONE bat atta time! :r

688sonarmen
06-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Well ... wasn't his "implosion" against the Marlins ... an even worse record that our beloved cubbies?

Rangers are a pretty good club again, as we saw last night. Why do we have so much trouble with left-handers every single year?

I'm about ready to throw in the towel on Mr Lyons. Shelby tonight.

Looks like they did send Lyons back down. Kelly proved last year he could start and has had limited innings this year to build up stamina, why not get him going and stop bringing young guys up from the minors.

I have no clue about the Matt Holliday dong, lol!

Go Cards and Go Miller!

688sonarmen
06-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Blacked out on MLBTV and flipping Baughston is on FOX, FML!

qwerty1500
06-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Looks like they did send Lyons back down. Kelly proved last year he could start and has had limited innings this year to build up stamina, why not get him going and stop bringing young guys up from the minors.

I have no clue about the Matt Holliday dong, lol!

Go Cards and Go Miller!

Kelly was good last year/night ... why not?

Matt? Remember Jeffery "one-flap down" Leonard's home run trot ... sort of the same deal.

Rain delay ... they will get it in.

688sonarmen
06-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Lol! Just saw this, Matt Cs reaction in the dugout is classic!

qwerty1500
06-23-2013, 01:54 PM
We need Wainwright to be the stopper tonight. You would think that our offense might have a chance against their rookie (9.00+ ERA in his last 3 games) ... but who knows ... they seem to be on vacation this weekend.

688sonarmen
06-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Missed the game, and missing the offense the Cards had just a few series ago!

688sonarmen
06-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Swept and there is drama going on between Wainwright and Mathney.

qwerty1500
06-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Drama? Unless I missed something, Wanno was upset that Matheny pulled him after 105 pitches. Good for both of them. Wanno is a gamer and he should be upset. Matheny knows this is a long season and doesn't want to risk Wanno.

I think everyone is just a little upset about the sweep. Pull him or don't pull him, it's hard to win when you only score one run. That worries me more than this drama.

I've also been worried about the number of times the Cards hit into DPs. Saw an interesting statistic about that. The Cards lead the NL in hitting into DPs ... 76 in their first 76 games.

Maybe we can get back on track against Houston?

688sonarmen
06-25-2013, 08:02 AM
The amount of DPs reminds me of the 2011 season. With one exception, this year the Cards went from being a leader turning DPs to leading hitting into them. It's hard to pull 2 out rally's when that is going on.

I can understand Wainwright being upset but he is a "leader" on the team now. No place to bash his manager because he did not agree with being pulled. I'm betting we lose 2 out of 3 against The Astros and that will get their minds back into winning.

qwerty1500
06-26-2013, 05:07 AM
We could have used a couple of those runs last weekend.

Westbrook had a sort of meltdown after only 84 pitches ... out of gas or arm trouble again?

Mujica looked kind of rusty in the 9th.

688sonarmen
06-26-2013, 05:49 AM
Good thing there was about a 7 run differential , Jake did run out of gas later on. Mohica has given up a few runs as of late in non save situations. Hopefully I will be eating my words about dropping 2 out of 3.

688sonarmen
06-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Looks like Machine Gun Wild Thing Kelly is getting the start July 6th, the game I am planning on going to :tu

qwerty1500
06-28-2013, 07:07 AM
A's next ... this could be ugly ... hope I'm wrong.

What's with the Bucks?

CigarSquid
06-28-2013, 07:52 AM

What's with the Bucks?

I hope you aren't. I will be at the game tomorrow.

Let's Go Oakland!

688sonarmen
06-28-2013, 08:18 AM

What's with the Bucks?

They are on fire, but I'm betting as usual they will burn out before to long.

Hopwood04
06-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Best record in Baseball!

688sonarmen
06-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Our banter thread is now official, it has spam!

qwerty1500
06-28-2013, 04:47 PM
I hope you aren't. I will be at the game tomorrow.

Let's Go Oakland!

Tomorrow? That would be Wainwright for the Cards. Ought to to be interesting. He's coming into the game thinking he's got something to prove.

You guys have put together a nice season so far. Someone I know called the A's scrappy. Took a look at your stats. On the surface it looks more like you live or die with the long ball.

qwerty1500
06-28-2013, 04:50 PM
They are on fire, but I'm betting as usual they will burn out before to long.

They've been saying that since early May.

Spam? Sort of makes you proud, doesn't it?

qwerty1500
06-30-2013, 06:23 AM
Complete game ... 5 hits, 2 walks and 8 strike-outs ... I think Wanno showed what he wanted to prove.

Rubber game today ... "half a tank" Westbrook for the Cards ... good thing the bullpen is rested ... not much room to give up runs ... left-hander on the mound for the A's.

688sonarmen
06-30-2013, 06:30 AM
Complete game ... 5 hits, 2 walks and 8 strike-outs ... I think Wanno showed what he wanted to prove.

Rubber game today ... "half a tank" Westbrook for the Cards ... good thing the bullpen is rested ... not much room to give up runs ... left-hander on the mound for the A's.

:noon on the Westy comment.
Adam sure did and good to, you hit the nail on the head with needing the bullpen. Go Cards!

qwerty1500
06-30-2013, 09:01 PM
I was wrong about "half a tank" ... he was on "E." What I don't understand ... your team manages to score 5 runs against a left hander ... you have a rested pen ... and you wait to give "E" the hook until he has given away the lead?

688sonarmen
07-01-2013, 05:53 AM
I was wrong about "half a tank" ... he was on "E." What I don't understand ... your team manages to score 5 runs against a left hander ... you have a rested pen ... and you wait to give "E" the hook until he has given away the lead?

Mathney is suffering from Tyler Green syndrome again. But how the hell can be pull Wainwright and leave Westbrook in there?

qwerty1500
07-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Don't tell me it's a long season.

qwerty1500
07-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Miller righted his ship a little last nite and they found their bats for a change. Wainwright for the rubber game. Is it possible that we can finally take a series on this road trip?

688sonarmen
07-04-2013, 07:22 AM
I sure hope so. Something clicked last night after crushing losses. One thing I did not get a chance to comment on this series was the class Pujols showed by wearing a Musial patch, I don't think it's doing him much good but classy none the less. Wainwright should be able to mow them down, since "Hitters are just big dumb animals" anyways, lol!

qwerty1500
07-04-2013, 07:31 AM
One thing I did not get a chance to comment on this series was the class Pujols showed by wearing a Musial patch, I don't think it's doing him much good but classy none the less.

Haven't seen either of the games ... way past my bedtime ... I've turned into an old fart.

Didn't know about the Musial patch ... classy. It could have been a Pujols patch some day if he had stuck around. Noticed that he is 0-7 in the series so far ... think we can keep him down for one more game?

688sonarmen
07-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Lol but true on the Pujols patch. Well, with Wainwright on the mound I would say he has a good idea of what Pujols does and does not like, I'm betting on another 0 for Pujols.

qwerty1500
07-05-2013, 06:32 AM
What an awful roadtrip.

qwerty1500
07-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Westbrook finally had his sinker working. No strikeouts, 19 ground balls and only 2 fly balls. He looked like an entirely different pitcher than he did on the west coast.

Enjoy the game today. Should be a beautiful day for a ballgame.

688sonarmen
07-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Missed it!

I decided to take the family whitewater rafting instead of the Cards game. If the won it would be expected, and if they lost it would be really crappy, so.

qwerty1500
07-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Missed it!

I decided to take the family whitewater rafting instead of the Cards game. If the won it would be expected, and if they lost it would be really crappy, so.

Should have been a beautiful day for that too. Missed the first walk off win of the year. That's the good news ... Now the bad news ... Yadi was out for an MRI on his knee.

688sonarmen
07-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Just read that about Yaddi. Hundreds of innings are going to do that and I don't see him getting time off to fully recover before the season ends. Lets hope that nothing major happens till then.

And the whitewater was AWESOME!

qwerty1500
07-11-2013, 05:06 AM
They're on a bit of run against some teams they ought to beat. Hope they can keep it going in Chitown.

688sonarmen
07-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Kelly came through! Also happy birthday to Yaddi!

qwerty1500
07-14-2013, 05:49 AM
Kelly came through! Also happy birthday to Yaddi!

Kelly pitched a nice game. Wish I could say the same for Lynn. But, he had some help losing that game. Ugly ... messy.

688sonarmen
07-14-2013, 07:07 AM
I missed most of it and only heard the 1st and 2nd inning, it was enough to give a Cubs fan hope so I turned it off!

688sonarmen
07-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Not a bad way to end the last game of the 1st half! I can't wait until my stuff gets here tomorrow so I can start watching games again, Mike Shannon is killing me on the radio. I want to hear the game not anni dotes from 30 years ago.

It is giving me goose bumps to hear Carpenter, yes the other white meat is throwing 94mph right now at AAA! And as for #13 I can't say that there is a player I like more right now, his work ethic shows by how well he has played the game thus far. Go Cards! 12 in 13!

qwerty1500
07-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Rumor ... trade for Matt Garza? Seriously?

688sonarmen
07-16-2013, 07:43 PM
All dogs go to heaven :D

qwerty1500
07-20-2013, 05:59 AM
Off to a good start in the second half. Jake did okay but didn't go deep. That's a shame too because he really seemed to be a threat at the plate ...

688sonarmen
07-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Finally settled in here and got a chance to wtch it. It was the Jake Westbrook show last night, 3 for 3 with a double. And he almost lost is as well. Not as bad as the guy they put in for the 9th, "The Chief" had to come in and close it. But 9 runs no HR's, it was a very enjoyable game. And oh yeah, Matt Carpenter is still killing it!

qwerty1500
07-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Shelby pitched a nice game. Looks like 12 days rest must have done him some good.

688sonarmen
07-24-2013, 04:44 AM
And they are keeping his pitch count low.
When was the last time we hit a HR? I'm loving it, winning without the big blasts and playing small ball!

qwerty1500
07-24-2013, 05:43 AM
When was the last time we hit a HR?

It's been a loooong time hasn't it ... honestly can't remember the last one. Beltran and Holiday are our only legitimate threats anyway. Holiday has been out and Beltran's long balls seem to fade as the season goes on.

Took a look at the stats ... only the D'backs, Giants, Royals and Marlins have hit fewer HRs than the Cards.

On the other hand .... the lineup last nite only had 3 position players with a BA under .300 and one of those was Freese. Plus, it is nice to see Molina and Craig tied for first in the NL batting race ... both at .355.

688sonarmen
07-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Wow 3 of those teams are in last place I think. Lets see if Jake Babe Ruth Westbrook has another game like his last one :D

688sonarmen
07-24-2013, 07:07 PM
In game update because its awesome. Molina and Craig have hit back to back 2 times, in the process swapping best Avg in the NL for the same.

qwerty1500
07-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Wish I could have seen it but just got home from work ... these guys love evening meetings.

Checked the box score. Looks like Jake had his sinker working tonight ... 17 ground-ball outs to only 8 fly-ball outs. Molina (3 for 5 - .339) seemed to inch ahead by .002 because they walked Craig (2 for 4 - .337) once.

But, the HR drought continues ... RBI's - 4 singles, 2 doubles and a triple.

Another good sign that had me worried earlier in the year ... they only hit into one DP.

Looked like a heck of a good game to watch.

qwerty1500
07-24-2013, 11:21 PM
Didn't notice this until I read the game recap ... Westbrook stole a base ... now, I'm really sorry I missed it.

688sonarmen
07-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Yeah! It had a bit of everything, lol! Freese nailed a ball that for sure looked like a game 6 HR to center but nope a double. I'm beginning to think these guys are going to get fined if one goes over the wall, jk. Shane Greased Lightning Robinson might just have Jays job at center if he keeps going like he does, good d, ran out a single at 1st, and then ran out a triple to score 2.

qwerty1500
07-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Shane Greased Lightning Robinson might just have Jays job at center if he keeps going like he does, good d, ran out a single at 1st, and then ran out a triple to score 2.

I keep hearing that he is the best athlete on the team. He was a terrific player in college and showed enough talent to bring him up to the show. Not sure he is equal to Jay in center field. He does show flashes like last night but the next game he looks lost at the plate. The guy is a mystery to me.

qwerty1500
07-26-2013, 05:48 AM
Glad we got the sweep ... tough stretch ahead ... Braves, Dodgers, Bucks and Reds.

HR drought ... you might enjoy this:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bird-bytes-cards-offense---this-ain-t/article_ba9c39ec-bdbe-5313-a89d-5c0854fb1946.html

688sonarmen
07-26-2013, 09:15 AM
No joke, this road trip should set the table for the rest of the season. I guess that goes without saying though.

"It isn't Mike Matheny Baseball ... because I'm not really sure what Matheny Baseball is."

Lol! Thanks for the link!

qwerty1500
07-27-2013, 05:39 AM
Not a good start ... but they hit a HR ... yippie.

688sonarmen
07-27-2013, 06:03 AM
I missed it, but totally blame the HR for the loss :D. The Cards just have to win the series.

qwerty1500
07-27-2013, 06:17 PM
The Cards just have to win the series.

Guess that's not gonna happen.

qwerty1500
08-01-2013, 04:48 AM
Just awful right now ... can't even watch it.

688sonarmen
08-01-2013, 05:14 AM
Yup. I was all postseason for the 1st game of the double header and again last night. Resting on their laurels? Maybe the Cards and Pirates are having a "Freaky Friday" moment. I have read that the baseball gods finally took notice of the risp avg. Either way part of me would rather lose vs sub .500 teams and win vs .500. It's looking like the boys had an easy schedule and even when they did win vs the contenders they were just getting hot.

688sonarmen
08-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Game is not quite over but I have an exam tomorrow am. But Feast or Famine! Machine Gun Kelly pitched well and when he did not pitched out of a few jams. Took the no no into the 5th and had 2 hits. And the kid can RUN!

Starscream
08-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Reds vs Cards is gonna be crucial...
It's gonna be must see TV...
The Cards are on a downslide, and so ate the Reds.

I hope the Reds beat the Holy Hell out of the Cards, but I just don't see it happening. Even without Molina. Cueto ain't gonna kick anyone from the netting at home plate.

Best of luck to you guys, but I sense that the Cards don't need luck, even with the rookie pitching and missing Molina.

688sonarmen
08-02-2013, 04:42 AM
Hey Andy, good to hear from you!

I'm not sure how it will go but I don't want to see 13-0 games either way. The Cards and Reds need to battle it out to get that competitive spirit going, sans bench clearing brawl LOL!

qwerty1500
08-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Plus, no matter what, we're gonna miss Molina.

688sonarmen
08-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Well, there goes that wish...

qwerty1500
08-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Well, there goes that wish...

Kind of spooky isn't it?

688sonarmen
08-03-2013, 07:53 AM
It is. That is the only way to explain two 13 run games after dropping 7 straight and DD hits 2 HR back to back in the same damn spot. Tonight's game should be another interesting one!

688sonarmen
08-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Also I'm not sure what came 1st, the Matt C slump then limiting his working hours or the other way around but let the man show up to the park and work when he wants! He is getting another day off, not what he needs IMHO, I don't think he is a guy the benefits from messing with his schedule.

688sonarmen
08-04-2013, 06:38 AM
AGHHHH! Bunting!

hotreds
08-04-2013, 08:08 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/9/4/6/55594946/080113_cardinals_muscle_kilzssoy.gif

688sonarmen
08-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Lol! Nice one Hugh, that was after his big loss the day before.

qwerty1500
08-04-2013, 03:50 PM
15 runs ... Seriously? Hope that doesn't mean they will start out flat against the Dodgers. Ever since they got Pueg ... whateverhisnameis ... the boys in blue have been on fire.

Btw, Lynn pitched a nice game. Great improvement over Jake "sinkerballess" Westbrook.

Sorry, martinis do that to me.

Starscream
08-04-2013, 03:55 PM
The best team won this series. Cards have pretty much owned the Reds, and even moreso than usual this year.

qwerty1500
08-04-2013, 04:38 PM
The best team won this series. Cards have pretty much owned the Reds, and even moreso than usual this year.

You guys could easily be the hot team at the end. That's all that seems to matter in October.

Btw, you're pitching was awful today.

688sonarmen
08-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Lol love the Jake "Hook Line No Sinker" Westbrook comment!

Blowouts are only so much fun, by the 8th it was feeling pretty silly with the base hits. Ditto on the pitching.

Starscream
08-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Btw, you're pitching was awful today.

:r

688sonarmen
08-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Seth Maness is a double play machine!

688sonarmen
08-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Miller is out of the game after 2 pitches. Took a line drive off his throwing arm elbow.

qwerty1500
08-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Miller is out of the game after 2 pitches. Took a line drive off his throwing arm elbow.

They say that the xrays are negative ... good ... but you have to think he will be out for a while.

We did learn that Jake can be even worse ... if that's possible .. on less than full rest. I blame Matheny for that one.

qwerty1500
08-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Just heard that Carlos Martinez will start tonight. Another top rookie brought up before he's ready? Or, maybe, this time, we can find one that can shine? Well ... we sure need him to shine ... and if he doesn't, at least the bullpen is rested.

688sonarmen
08-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Blazek was pitching great and things looked good before Westbrook was put out there.

qwerty1500
08-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Geez ... now we can't even beat the bad teams.

688sonarmen
08-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Mathney says the guys are tired. Not like they have played any more games than the rest of the league. I'm not really feeling another lets get in the playoffs by the skin of our teeth kind of year.

qwerty1500
08-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Okay ... dropped ball in the 9th ... beat the tag in th 14th ... kinda ugly ... but it's a win ... beats getting buried.

Miller back tonight ... hope that elbow is okay. Btw, heard that they are moving Wacha to the pen. Hope that works.

688sonarmen
08-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Big win, or it should be. Do you think after being swept by the Rockies the Pirates are heading into their predictable slide? Either way an extra inning win for St Louis should get the ball rolling, even if they were handed a win.

qwerty1500
08-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Do you think after being swept by the Rockies the Pirates are heading into their predictable slide?

Sure didn't look like it last night. Why can't the Cards EVER hit left-handers?

688sonarmen
08-15-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm not sure. One day this freshman class of pitchers will be better.

688sonarmen
08-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Well Jake "Wild Wild" Westbrook did it again last night, and the bats followed.

qwerty1500
08-17-2013, 09:01 AM
Sort of tired watching them trot him out there every 5th day to take another beating. Wacha or somebody has to be able to do better than that.

Hope Kelly gets us a win today. Maybe Wong will show us why they brought him up?

688sonarmen
08-17-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm hoping for something. I know Carp is making the trip just to improve the "feeling" in the clubhouse, and something about Wong bringing "excitement" as well. All these emotions makes me wonder what time of the month it is, Lord knows they are either hot or cold.

qwerty1500
08-19-2013, 05:28 AM
I'm hoping for something. I know Carp is making the trip just to improve the "feeling" in the clubhouse, and something about Wong bringing "excitement" as well. All these emotions makes me wonder what time of the month it is, Lord knows they are either hot or cold.

A few wins strung together would do a lot more to improve the feeling and excitement ... I would think. That ... and finding a replacement for "guaranteed loss" Westbrook.

688sonarmen
08-19-2013, 07:47 AM
Yup Westbrook should have been trade fodder.

qwerty1500
08-20-2013, 06:20 AM
Pitching ... We need a starter other than Wanno who can go more than 6 innings every once in a while. Mujica ... strained shoulder ... who can step in if he shuts down?

Hitting ... Nice to see Wong finially get on track ... plus 2 stolen bases in one game. Yadi seems to be back at the plate ... hope his knee can hold up.

Schedule ... get to see the opening game with Atlanta (party room) and the first game with Cinncy (field box in left field). Kind of psyched ... haven't been to a game in a while.

688sonarmen
08-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Awesome!

I agree with you, don't see the Cards going much further than a wild card without a replacement starter.

688sonarmen
08-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Joe "Machine Gun Wild Thing" Kelly getting it done!

qwerty1500
08-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Joe "Machine Gun Wild Thing" Kelly getting it done!

He looked pretty good last night. Also glad to see Wacha have a good inning. Rosenthal in the closer role, however, does make me nervous.

688sonarmen
08-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Westbrook on the Dl with Lions as a replacement. Should be an improvement. I am missing some great games as I'm working nights right now, Wainwright just may get a Cy Young.

qwerty1500
08-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Westbrook on the Dl with Lions as a replacement. Should be an improvement. I am missing some great games as I'm working nights right now, Wainwright just may get a Cy Young.

Something has been wrong with Jake for a while. Anything would be an improvement. At least we won't have to watch him pitch against Cinnci when we're there on Monday.

Also heard that they called up Martinez again. Looks like a Russian Roulette Rotation for a while.

qwerty1500
08-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Saw two really good games against the Braves and Reds.

Nice to be back in 1st.

Did you see me on TV? I was the guy in the red shirt ...

688sonarmen
08-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Lol! I totally saw you, all 40,000!

Seriously I have to get off nights. I can't have a cell phone where I am out so every few hours I come out to my car to check twitter. But, I watched the condensed version just now and I'm even more happy/pissed. What a game! Nothing better than letting the Reds think they are going to win again, lol! Strike zone seemed a little fuzzy in Lyons favor or he was missing Yaddis target but getting the call. Either way I love the sound of Grand Slams in the 8th!

qwerty1500
08-31-2013, 10:15 PM
Can there be much doubt that the Bucks are the best team in the NL Central?

688sonarmen
09-01-2013, 07:10 AM
Not at this point, it's up to Joe Kelly to keep the team from looking like fools.

qwerty1500
09-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Not at this point, it's up to Joe Kelly to keep the team from looking like fools.

He did. Kelly's stuff was nasty and Yadi called a heck of a game. The take-away was the Rosenthal inning ... 3 SO ... seems to have it figured out.

Glad to see them bringing Wacha back for the second game in Cincinnati. Don't let me down rookie.

Sure would love to get over to Busch for the series next weekend.

688sonarmen
09-02-2013, 08:27 AM
In Joe Kelly we trust. If clubs don't have a book on Kelly yet they sure as hell will now.

Not sure how far you live from the park but I would go if I could!

688sonarmen
09-06-2013, 08:25 PM
I have a man crush on Kelly.

688sonarmen
09-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Well, I thought we were going to win. Enter Westbrook...

qwerty1500
09-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Well, I thought we were going to win. Enter Westbrook...

Well, it seems they won inspite of him.

688sonarmen
09-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Just about. Went from 12-1 to 12-8 in 2 innings.

qwerty1500
09-08-2013, 05:16 AM
Glad to see the old Wanno back. Was getting a little worried that he was hurt.

688sonarmen
09-08-2013, 08:16 AM
He was classic Waino last night. It's rare that I will look forward to our pitcher pitching (at least of late) but when I see the series of pitches that classic Waino throw it is a pleasure! I don't know if you caught it a few months ago but FSMW interviewed him and he said batters are just big dumb animals, he proved that last night. So many caught looking on strike 3, love it!

Westbrook in the pen and Lynn might be heading there. I'm really not sure where we are going to get 2 more starters from, the rookies have not been producing either.

qwerty1500
09-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Westbrook in the pen and Lynn might be heading there. I'm really not sure where we are going to get 2 more starters from, the rookies have not been producing either.

Wacha is one. He's figured it out. Between now and then, keep the bullpen ready when Lynn pitches. Playoffs? You can do that with 4 pitchers. Does Wacha have the mental toughness?

Craig out till playoffs. Well ... It's time for Carpenter to shine. Already topped Albert's home hit record.

688sonarmen
09-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Sweep! Wacha did look good today, I'm not sure if he is postseason material but there is only one way to find out. Carpenter continues to amaze me. Now if Kozma could only figure out the other half of baseball.

qwerty1500
09-09-2013, 06:12 AM
Carpenter continues to amaze me.

The Post Dispatch looked at his numbers. He has more single season hits at new Busch than Albert ... more doubles than Rolen ... and ... as a second baseman ... they were comparing him to Hornsby. Don't think he's there with Hornsby yet but it has to be an honor to even be in the same sentence.

688sonarmen
09-09-2013, 09:55 AM
The Post Dispatch looked at his numbers. He has more single season hits at new Busch than Albert ... more doubles than Rolen ... and ... as a second baseman ... they were comparing him to Hornsby. Don't think he's there with Hornsby yet but it has to be an honor to even be in the same sentence.

Wow! I heard Pujols record had fallen but Honrsby is something. I think he is a throw back to that age and a good mix of the good things of this age (hours put in before games, mental focus)

Oh yeah, it's great to be back in top!

5newmans
09-10-2013, 04:52 AM
Weekend sweep and back on top, oh yeah baby!!!!

qwerty1500
09-19-2013, 05:53 AM
Two game lead with ten to play ... think they can hang on?

The good thing is that the Bucks and Reds still have to play each other six times.

688sonarmen
09-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Postseason!

qwerty1500
09-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Postseason!

Gotta win the Central or it could be a one-game post season.

qwerty1500
09-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Gotta win the Central or it could be a one-game post season.

Okay ... now ... postseason!

qwerty1500
10-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Nice start in game 1. Wanno was as nasty as ever. Lynn in game 2? Hope Mike knows what he's doing.

qwerty1500
10-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Wacha! Great game rookie.

688sonarmen
10-08-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm here! And Wacha was amazing! I was really hoping my man Kelly would have shut them down.
How about Holiday becoming clutch in post season, that's a real shocker!

qwerty1500
10-09-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm here! And Wacha was amazing! I was really hoping my man Kelly would have shut them down.
How about Holiday becoming clutch in post season, that's a real shocker!

Kelly will get another chance if Wanno can get them to the NLCS. Two shocks ... Holiday and the disappearance of Carpenter's bat.

688sonarmen
10-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Freese is back! And Kozma continues to crush October dreams!

stevef2005
10-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Cannot believe I just found this. Enjoying smoke, some bourbon and cardinals on the radio. Let's hope Wainwright can keep this pace for rest of game. Gotta keep it in St Louis for a few more days.

stevef2005
10-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Wacha! Great game rookie.

An AMAZING game.

688sonarmen
10-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Cards own the Central!

MarkinAZ
10-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Cards own the Central!

Blaaaah:D;)

GO BLUE...:noon

688sonarmen
10-10-2013, 03:55 AM
Blaaaah:D;)

GO BLUE...:noon

Cards are working with the spirit of "The Man" who just happened to get his name for bustin Dem Bums!

qwerty1500
10-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Cards are working with the spirit of "The Man" who just happened to get his name for bustin Dem Bums!

Perfect ... didn't know that. Thanks for educating a fan wantabe.

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/ultimate-cardinals-record-book/2013/1/20/3896158/stan-musial-dies-5-home-run-doubleheader

qwerty1500
10-10-2013, 06:37 AM
Cannot believe I just found this. Enjoying smoke, some bourbon and cardinals on the radio. Let's hope Wainwright can keep this pace for rest of game. Gotta keep it in St Louis for a few more days.

Welcome! Maybe it was all those summer nights of my childhood ... listening to Harry Caray on the screened-in porch with my Dad ... a Card's game on the radio is still something special.

MarkinAZ
10-11-2013, 09:05 PM
2 and 2 going into the bottom of the 7th...

MarkinAZ
10-11-2013, 09:39 PM
ugh! Bottom of the 9th...

MarkinAZ
10-11-2013, 11:02 PM
OH MAN, TOP OF THE 13TH:banger

EAST COASTIES STILL AWAKE???;)

MarkinAZ
10-11-2013, 11:27 PM
BELTRAN...:bh

GOOD GAME TONIGHT!!!

qwerty1500
10-12-2013, 05:47 AM
Betran seemed to be doing his best "Stan the Man" impression last night. Glad to take at least one from their big guns.

Hope the rookie can keep us in the game today.

688sonarmen
10-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Carlos really really wants a ring. Works for me!

qwerty1500
10-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Carlos really really wants a ring. Works for me!

Hope he finally gets one.

Sitting here listening to the game with a CoRo and a martini. Kershaw is tough. Hey ... Sac fly by Jay. We got a run!

pnoon
10-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Hope he finally gets one.

Sitting here listening to the game with a CoRo and a martini. Kershaw is tough. Hey ... Sac fly by Jay. We got a run!

Now that is a great combo!

qwerty1500
10-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Now that is a great combo!

Life is good.

Even better .... Dodgers bases loaded ... Wacha strikes out Puig and Urebe ... I think that answers my earlier question about Wacha's mental toughness.

688sonarmen
10-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Life is good.

Even better .... Dodgers bases loaded ... Wacha strikes out Puig and Urebe ... I think that answers my earlier question about Wacha's mental toughness.

That inning was more impressive than his last 2 outings combined.
Happy Flight!

MarkinAZ
10-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Dodgers appear to be hitting pretty decent this evening. Altnough, they just stranded another run on third base:rolleyes:

qwerty1500
10-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Dodgers appear to be hitting pretty decent this evening. Altnough, they just stranded another run on third base:rolleyes:

and your pitcher ... cy young whatshisname.

MarkinAZ
10-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Came in from work, turned on the game and it was 3-0 Cards, and then the Dodgers bats warmed up:D

and your pitcher ... cy young whatshisname.

Yeah, I don't know either;)

qwerty1500
10-16-2013, 05:18 AM
Every time I start wondering why Shane Robinson is on the roster ... still seems like a thin bench.

That pickoff at 2nd was the play of the evening .... amazing.

qwerty1500
10-19-2013, 05:42 AM
St. Louis Cardinals

National League Champions

This one belongs to Carlos and the rookies ... and, I'm happy to say ... Wacha Wacha Wacha

688sonarmen
10-19-2013, 06:17 AM
I could not agree more, DO IT FOR CARLOS!

kelmac07
10-19-2013, 07:09 AM
I could not agree more, DO IT FOR CARLOS!

Congrats to the Cardinals!! :tu :tu F*#k Carlos Beltran!! :td :td

mahtofire14
10-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Or do it so I don't have to watch that Dbag Puig anymore! He's like a 5 year old playing out there.

688sonarmen
10-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Or do it so I don't have to watch that Dbag Puig anymore! He's like a 5 year old playing out there.

I hear ya!

qwerty1500
10-19-2013, 06:10 PM

He'll learn. Just wish he looked happy about what's happening to him. Always looks so unhappy.

MarkinAZ
10-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Here's a nice piece that ran in the LA Times this morning by Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis regarding the upcoming World Series starting this evening:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-1023-aj-ellis-dodgers-world-series-20131023,0,7703851.story#axzz2iZLJUobW (http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-1023-aj-ellis-dodgers-world-series-20131023,0,7703851.story#axzz2iZLJUobW)

688sonarmen
10-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Here we go, hope the rain holds off. I have no idea what to expect, both teams play like a team and are postseason tough. Go Cards!

688sonarmen
10-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Pregame! 12 in 13! Do it for Carlos!!!

AdamJoshua
10-23-2013, 05:48 PM
http://www.desicomments.com/dc3/02/217585/217585.gif

Bahzinga! :D

AdamJoshua
10-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Great catch by Bel

icehog3
10-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Great catch by Bel

And he paid for it. :tf

688sonarmen
10-25-2013, 04:45 AM
And he paid for it. :tf

Sure.

Those are the Cards that got where they are. Great game, pitching, and base running. Happy Flight!

qwerty1500
10-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Happy Flight!

The first game was just ... sloppy ugly.

Game 2 ... Glad to see Wacha battle through the Sox lineup. Just heard that he tied Bob Gibson's scoreless streak in postseason. The bullpen bounced back to normal ... thank goodness. And, you can see how much Carlos wants it.

Feel a whole lot better coming back to Busch tied than down 0-2. Glad we're not going to get a repeat of 2004.

Dave128
10-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Although I'm rooting for the Cards to win this, I think Beltran is an asshat. Be careful that he doesn't watch three pitches fly by him when a hit can win the game. Kinda like he did when he played for the Mets in the 2006 post season against the Cards!

688sonarmen
10-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Although I'm rooting for the Cards to win this, I think Beltran is an asshat. Be careful that he doesn't watch three pitches fly by him when a hit can win the game. Kinda like he did when he played for the Mets in the 2006 post season against the Cards!

He was a Card then, just undercover!

AdamJoshua
10-25-2013, 03:38 PM
The first game was just ... sloppy ugly.

Game 2 ... Glad to see Wacha battle through the Sox lineup. Just heard that he tied Bob Gibson's scoreless streak in postseason. The bullpen bounced back to normal ... thank goodness. And, you can see how much Carlos wants it.

Feel a whole lot better coming back to Busch tied than down 0-2. Glad we're not going to get a repeat of 2004.

Yah one sloppy game for cards one for sox .. tied up 1 all in games and sloppy games. What errors giveth they also taketh away!

Blueface
10-27-2013, 05:57 AM

Dave,
What is fascinating to me is how we all perceive folks based on what we see on TV.
I had an opportunity to meet Carlos.
He is truly a gentleman in person.
Amazingly humble guy, quite generous to his community/country.

MarkinAZ
10-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Tough night for me. Have to keep flipping back and forth between the World Series and the Packers game:wo

688sonarmen
10-28-2013, 04:32 AM
Dave,
What is fascinating to me is how we all perceive folks based on what we see on TV.

Everything I have seen from Beltran is he is more than a great ball player. Somehow a player "losing" a team game gets the press and then the trolls go to work making assumptions on their personal life.

Boston has won and lost every game so far, the Cards need to take control and drive all these runners home that are left on base.

Dave128
10-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Dave,

Everything I have seen from Beltran is he is more than a great ball player. Somehow a player "losing" a team game gets the press and then the trolls go to work making assumptions on their personal life.

Boston has won and lost every game so far, the Cards need to take control and drive all these runners home that are left on base.

Well, he did win the 2013 Roberto Clamente award. I never said he wasn't a good guy off the field, but I pretty much implied that he f***ed the Mets over by watching a called third strike that a high school player could have hit to drive in a run or two to help the Mets move on to the World Series. My 2006 play off bitterness against Beltran is still sort of fresh.

kelmac07
10-28-2013, 09:12 AM

I do admit the "looking" at that third strike summed up his worthless stay in New York. He had two good years in his seven with the Mets, 2006 & 2007...nowhere worth the $ 117 million the Wilpons paid him.

But the kicker for me is when he blew off the annual Walter Reed visit to see Wounded Warriors EVERY YEAR he was in NY. Sealed it for me...HE'S A BUM!!!!

688sonarmen
10-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Go Cards !

qwerty1500
10-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Doesn't look good. The NLCS MVP is going to have to pitch a shutout if the Cards don't find their bats.

688sonarmen
10-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Dear Cardinal Bats,

Please come back, I miss you.

Very Respectfully,

Jake

qwerty1500
10-31-2013, 06:45 AM
Well ... the rookie didn't get it done ... he's REALLY going to have to work on that curve ball before next year.

They looked like the mid-August Cards at the plate. Heck of a time to go back into that funk.

Plus the Sox are an awfully good team ... looks like the deserve it ... congratulations to them.

AdamJoshua
10-31-2013, 09:18 AM
Heart attack series, when just about every game was decided by one inning or one hit or one mistake, I wasn't "relaxed" until it was actually over. I don't know if I could have handled a game 7, the Cards pitching is just sick, between them and the Tigers what a group of flamethrowers to have to fight through. It was fun, we should do this again next year :tu

massphatness
10-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Wacha looks like he's going to scary good.

And the comparison between the Cards' Martinez & Pedro leads me to believe the red birds have struck pitching gold. I expect them to challenge for years.
Posted via Mobile Device

688sonarmen
10-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Great series and I'm very happy for the Sox and fans. While another ring would have been nice and one for Carlos, it was good to see everyone happy around here for getting a WS win at home.

BOSTON STRONG!
And to take a page, er encyclopedia from the Cubs. Wait until next year! Go Cards!

qwerty1500
11-01-2013, 05:17 AM
Wait until next year!

Thought about that too but didn't want to sound like a Cubs fan.

Maybe it's too soon to even think about this ... but ... what do you do with Carlos? Sign him? Replace him with another quality free agent bat? Or stand pat with the homegrown talent?

What do you do about SS and CF? Can Craig and his foot play RF with Adams at 1st?

688sonarmen
11-02-2013, 07:07 AM
Carlos stayed healthy this year, next year who knows. He is a leader, is clutch, and does not make errors out there. Travers was not healthy last year at AAA and has not had a whole season in AAA. I would sign Carols but have Travers as a ready replacement. SS we need someone and should spend the money to get them, I think our biggest hole is at SS. If Kozma was even a average bat it would be a non issue, but he is not and his glove fails at the worst times. I would let Freeze go, thanks for 2011 but he is not cutting it. They want to put Matt C at third, I think that would take away all his talent. If Matt Adams dropped about 400lbs I would put him at 3rd just for his bat. Craig stays at 1st. Jay stays at CF.

qwerty1500
11-02-2013, 07:27 AM
Jay stays at CF.

Can't argue much with any of your moves ... except this one. Jay is a plus defensive player but is right up there with Kozma at the plate. My question is ... is Taveras ready?

Westbrook is already gone. Who do you see in the starting rotation?

688sonarmen
11-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Can't argue much with any of your moves ... except this one. Jay is a plus defensive player but is right up there with Kozma at the plate. My question is ... is Taveras ready?

Westbrook is already gone. Who do you see in the starting rotation?

Wainwright, Miller, Wacha, Kelly, Martinez. Not 100% sure about Martinez. And Rosenthall as closer.

I think Traveras comes up after the All Star break if at all.

kelmac07
11-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Hell of a pitching rotation. :tu :tu Wish we had it. I agree, Jay may not be the answer in CF. If they don't re-sign Beltran...Jay could move to right and Taveras plays CF.

688sonarmen
11-20-2013, 05:52 PM
A tip of the cap to a great warrior, so long Carp hope to see you on the coaching staff.

And we will be seeing more of Skip, just signed a 2 year deal with..... The Reds!

qwerty1500
11-21-2013, 08:39 AM
A tip of the cap to a great warrior, so long Carp hope to see you on the coaching staff.

And we will be seeing more of Skip, just signed a 2 year deal with..... The Reds!

The Post Dispatch is saying that Carp may stay with the club in the front office. I think he would be a real asset working with all those young pictchers.

Good for Skip. Only problem ... it seems that ex-Cards often come back to haunt us.

688sonarmen
11-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Happy Birthday Mr Musial!

AdamJoshua
11-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Hope someone is up there playing harmonica for him .. nah he's probably doing it himself.

I love this tribute to him by Bob Costas, really shows you who he was.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=25574499

qwerty1500
11-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Underwhelmed at the Freese deal. Just what we need ... two more good defensive outfielders who can't hit .270 ......

qwerty1500
03-29-2014, 09:04 AM
Well ... here we go ... 2014.

The starting rotation looks good ... and I certainly seldom say that. I'm a little worried about Shelby. I'm wondering if he has a physical problem ... even thinking back to the Series. If I have a pitching question, it's the bullpen ... we'll see.

I still think the lineup is going to miss Carlos. But, they are a bunch of young talented players with a whole lot of potential. It looks like Wong has finally come around. Peralta's bat should be a plus but I bet he's looking over his shoulder at our Cuban wonderboy down in the minors.

Questions? Who's going to back up Matt Adams at 1st? How are they planning to keep Molina rested with only Cruz to back him up? Will Bourjois stay healthy and hit better than Jay? And finally ... what's the deal with Taveras?

688sonarmen
04-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Wacha, Wacha, Wacha!