View Full Version : Official MMA Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

kayaker
01-23-2009, 09:35 PM
I hope Arlovski puts on a good fight.

:tpd:

BengalMan
01-24-2009, 04:00 PM
GOing out to dinner then going to my boy's place for the Affliction card. Going to be a helluva card. It really pisses me off that no one is giving Arlovski a shot against Fedor. Personally, I he has a great chance to pull the upset. Anyone see the weigh in pics? Is it me or did Fedor look the most out of shape that I've seen him yet? Below is a picture. I mean Fedor has never been ripped by any means, but this picture really makes him look out of shape. I think AA has better cardio and better striking. If this stays standing up, I'm taking AA. Fedor will likely dominate AA on the ground though.
Other than this fight, I think the other fights, while they have big names, will likely be one sided. I'm taking Babalu, Lindland, Barnett and Buentello over "Lil Fedor" as they call Sidelnikov.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/IanHummel/fedorarlovski.jpg

Tw3nty
01-24-2009, 05:04 PM
If everything goes according to plan, I will ve at the fight in Vegas for GSP v Penn. I know you are all going to think I am crazy, but I thing B.J. is going to win. GSP wrestling is great, but B.J. has probably the best BJJ for MMa than anyone in the world. The only problem for Penn will be if he cant get GSP off his feet, and that is tough.

I say Penn in 2 via sub...Rear Naked Choke

I really have to argue that B.J is the best at BJJ in the world. I would argue Anderson Silva is better and would even argue that Vinny Magalhaes who is a three time world BJJ competitor (02' 05' & 07') is better.

Tw3nty
01-24-2009, 05:09 PM
GOing out to dinner then going to my boy's place for the Affliction card. Going to be a helluva card. It really pisses me off that no one is giving Arlovski a shot against Fedor. Personally, I he has a great chance to pull the upset. Anyone see the weigh in pics? Is it me or did Fedor look the most out of shape that I've seen him yet? Below is a picture. I mean Fedor has never been ripped by any means, but this picture really makes him look out of shape. I think AA has better cardio and better striking. If this stays standing up, I'm taking AA. Fedor will likely dominate AA on the ground though.
Other than this fight, I think the other fights, while they have big names, will likely be one sided. I'm taking Babalu, Lindland, Barnett and Buentello over "Lil Fedor" as they call Sidelnikov.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/IanHummel/fedorarlovski.jpg

Fedor always looks that out of shape, especially in his pride days. If you think AA has better stand up you must have missed the Silvia fight. Fedor is sick at all aspects of the game. His stand up is great, and ground game is even, better because the big guys are not that good at the ground game--except Barnes. I really can't see AA giving Fedor a fight, unless Fedor gets into one of his feel out the opponents until he destroys them.

Steelergar
01-24-2009, 05:31 PM
The second HD net fight is about to start and I gotta sat that I love this promotion right now. Gotta love Bas Rutten commentating as well. Also cut muscles do not mean your a dominate fighter refer to Mark Kerr.

NCRadioMan
01-24-2009, 09:45 PM
One punch! :r

Got Fedor?

Tw3nty
01-24-2009, 09:46 PM
WHat a fight. Fedor just has too much power. What a punch.

Steelergar
01-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Nice fight, Fedor has beaten the best that the UFC has to offer.

BengalMan
01-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Main event was crazy. Fedor was getting beat hands down on the stand up game just as I thought, then BOOM. Honestly, we thought Arlovski slipped at first until we saw the replay. He want for that flying knee and got straight put to bed. Baby Fedor got beat on by Buentello. I really wish Kimblow would have accepted Buentello's challenge way back when, it would have been hysterical.

ActionAndy
01-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Main event was crazy. Fedor was getting beat hands down on the stand up game just as I thought, then BOOM. Honestly, we thought Arlovski slipped at first until we saw the replay. He want for that flying knee and got straight put to bed. Baby Fedor got beat on by Buentello. I really wish Kimblow would have accepted Buentello's challenge way back when, it would have been hysterical.

Going into it I wanted to see a Fedor victory. But, lately I have really appreciated AA as well. So when AA really set the pace and gave out some good strikes, and Fedor got flustered, I was EXCITED. I couldn't believe that knockout. What a jawdropping halt to a fight. AA was obviously heartbroken and you really have to wonder what would have happened if he hadn't been so giddy with that knee. Oh well.

goalie204
01-24-2009, 11:09 PM
It's stupid that bas only commentated on the undercard. Should be him and mauro. The last 3 fights were good.

Steelergar
01-25-2009, 06:39 AM
It's stupid that bas only commentated on the undercard. Should be him and mauro. The last 3 fights were good.

I agree, they could have at least let scotty ferrall be a ringside commentator, that would of been funny as hell. Also I never really saw AA dominating the fight maybee I will have to watch it again to see what you guys are talking about. He did have that nice push kick before he got knocked out.

Steelergar
01-25-2009, 07:28 AM
I just rewatched the fight a couple times. AA did have some good jabs and 1 or 2 counter punches at the start. He also had some nice leg kicks to keep Fedor away from him. However, the way Fedor fights he is a counter puncher and was letting AA throw those strikes picking his moments. Even when he was dominating PRIDE he would take his fair share of shots but always gave out more than he recieved. Also Fedor was swinging for the fences like he always does and it was only a matter of time before he landed a clean shot regardless if that knee was thrown or not. I also liked it when AA tried to take Fedor down but could not, that is top level clinching with great balance and technical skills.

BengalMan
01-25-2009, 09:07 AM
I agree with Ferrall, he's classic. I was at his live radio show at UFC 68 in Columbus when he was doing stuff for Dana still then had a chance to hang out and have a few drinks afterwards. Helluva time. He is such a huge MMA supporter, it's a shame him and Dana's relationship went down the tubes. He's got the best sports show on radio, hands down.

spiritsilvers2
01-25-2009, 10:21 AM
wondering what ppl opinion n the machidavs thiago silva fight. machida likes his stick and move. where silva is like a dog goin in hard and fast. im pushing for machida

goalie204
01-25-2009, 10:23 AM
I agree, they could have at least let scotty ferrall be a ringside commentator, that would of been funny as hell. Also I never really saw AA dominating the fight maybee I will have to watch it again to see what you guys are talking about. He did have that nice push kick before he got knocked out.

i hate ferall, i don't like his tracheotomy voice :p

Ken
01-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Arlovski was doing a good job taking the fight to Fedor and winning the exchange, but a mistake just opens the a window for Fedor to KO your butt, and AA slipped up.

wondering what ppl opinion n the machidavs thiago silva fight.
I really can't stand Silva, and after the Tito fight I think Machida will stick-n-move and use his strength in the clinch in the same manner, so I'm pulling for and believe Machida will win this one.

NCRadioMan
01-26-2009, 09:33 AM
The WEC card was pretty good last night too. Looks like Faber is back with a vengence while Varner didn't look all that great.

I like Machida over Silva.

Killjoy
01-27-2009, 10:56 AM
I will be at the UFC fight saturday..I hope Silva knocks Hong Kong Phooey on his backside!!!!
The WEC fight was good..I hate Varner...and hate him even more now. Faber did Look aweseome..hard to knock out a guy with a chin the size of sacramento.

LasciviousXXX
01-27-2009, 11:05 AM
I just thought I'd let you guys know that I now own all 3 Fedor Affliction shirts :D

That is all :r

Killjoy
01-28-2009, 03:43 PM
that just means you spend too much money on t-shirts...

I have a black Xtreme Coture Gym t-shirt they gave me when I signed up.
wish I could give it back

LasciviousXXX
01-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Nah! However it does bring my total of Affliction shirts up to nine though :r

Not a fan of Xtreme Couture anymore?

goalie204
01-28-2009, 07:21 PM
can't wait for gsp to smash bj

Steelergar
01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah I like a couple of the matches on the card. Silva vs machida should be a brawl. I think either one of these fighters could beat Rashad Evans or Tyson Griffin I beleive they got where they are because they are Dana White's boys. I want to see Nate Diaz and Dong Hyun Kim fight as well.

Killjoy
01-29-2009, 08:03 AM
Nah! However it does bring my total of Affliction shirts up to nine though :r

Not a fan of Xtreme Couture anymore?

went to his gym 4 times....Met John Alessio..Gina Carano...paid almost twice more a month to train there.

I went back to my old gym. I am considering starting back up at Ken Hans place. I used to work out with him when I was still at Cobra Kai. Someone told me he moved into a new place and has Frank Mir's money behind him. Wanderli Sylva is opening a gym here too. I had to stop for about a year and get into some type of shape before I jump back in to get Ready for Grapplers Quest

kayaker
01-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Check this (http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/2009/01/29/bj-penn-vs-georges-st-pierre-video-game-ufc-undisputed/)out:

Pretty cool looking. :tu

goalie204
01-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Check this (http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/2009/01/29/bj-penn-vs-georges-st-pierre-video-game-ufc-undisputed/)out:

Pretty cool looking. :tu

Damn! that iS cool looking, Nice graphics

Steelergar
01-29-2009, 06:49 PM
look pretty good. The ju jitsu looks impresive as well. To bad I sold my xbox a couple months ago after the 3 rings of death.

NCRadioMan
01-30-2009, 05:29 PM
I just saw the final weigh-in for tomorrows fights and by the looks of it, watch out for Nate Diaz v Clay Guida to steal the show. They had the best stare-down and it looked like they had fire in thier eyes.

Steelergar
01-30-2009, 05:43 PM
I just saw the final weigh-in for tomorrows fights and by the looks of it, watch out for Nate Diaz v Clay Guida to steal the show. They had the best stare-down and it looked like they had fire in thier eyes.

Yeah I'm looking forward to this fight. Nate Diaz looks promising being trained by ceasar gracie. His brother is a bad mutha too.

goalie204
01-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Toldja! GSP domination.

RHNewfie
01-31-2009, 11:12 PM
Awesome fight, GSP did an awesome job! Now, did the doc really stop the fight cause it looked to me as if BJs corner threw in the towel!!

the nub
01-31-2009, 11:18 PM
BJ was done. You could see it in his demeanor at the beginning of the third round. Total frustration.

kayaker
01-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Awesome fight, GSP did an awesome job! Now, did the doc really stop the fight cause it looked to me as if BJs corner threw in the towel!!

They're saying that BJ's brother called the stop after the doctor's assessment.

Who's next after Thiago Alves?

spiritsilvers2
02-01-2009, 09:01 AM
bj's brother called it after doc assessment you can see him give the cut sign. total domination bj did not know what was goin on at all. loved the machida vs silva fight. knock out at the last second. beautiful.

RHNewfie
02-01-2009, 02:12 PM
I've been trying to find something post-fight from Penns camp, video or photos even with no luck. If you know something post it up!

BengalMan
02-01-2009, 04:35 PM
I tell you what, I don't think anyone is going to beat Machida anytime soon.....

On another note, GSP purely dominated BJ in every aspect. Alves vs GSP is going to be a war.

kayaker
02-01-2009, 04:58 PM
I've been trying to find something post-fight from Penns camp, video or photos even with no luck. If you know something post it up!

Haven't found anything yet either. UFC.com has a GSP post fight interview though.

Ken
02-02-2009, 06:28 AM
Found a couple of videos from the fights but had to read the results of the GSP Penn fight. Machida had a great KO. Jon Jones looks like a good up and coming fighter, just needs to work on the stamina.

From how I read GSP pretty much batter Penn in the same manner he took out Serra. I love it! The excuses will be pouring out from the Penn camp.

goalie204
02-02-2009, 08:08 AM
gsp will dismantle alves and guaranteed stoppage in probably the 2nd round

kayaker
02-02-2009, 11:22 AM
UFC 94 Notebook: Accusations Swarm St. Pierre
Monday, February 02, 2009
by Brian Knapp (bknapp@sherdog.com)

Welterweight champion and pound-for-pound stud Georges St. Pierre had little time to savor what many saw as a landmark performance against rival B.J. Penn at UFC 94 on Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

J.D. Penn, the challenger’s older brother, confirmed to Sherdog.com that a formal complaint will be filed with the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Monday, claiming St. Pierre used a “greasing” agent during the UFC 94 main event. The 27-year-old French Canadian retained his welterweight belt with a fourth-round technical knockout.

“We are not trying to make excuses, but the NSAC needs to protect the fighters,” Penn said via text message. “They never notified us or completely wiped his back with water and towels.”

The accusation cast a cloud of suspicion over St. Pierre after he dismantled the popular Hawaiian in a one-sided, four-round affair. Controversy deepened in the hours after the news broke. In an interview with InsideFighting.com on Sunday, Penn’s head coach, Rudy Valentino, claimed St. Pierre used similar tactics the first time the two fought in 2006. Valentino also indicated the camp of former UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra alleged St. Pierre did the same in their April 2008 rematch.

If the NSAC clears St. Pierre of wrongdoing, his latest conquest will likely stand as one of his crowning achievements. Never had Penn been so thoroughly beaten.

“I knew I broke him mentally in the first round,” St. Pierre said. “It was my gameplan. I stuck to it. My gameplan was to make the first round and the second round a clinch [war] and mostly like a wrestling match.”

As each round passed, St. Pierre dug deeper into Penn’s defenses, as he neutralized the Hawaiian’s considerable stand-up skills, forced him to his back and hammered away at him on the grown. St. Pierre leaned on Penn from the start, as he pressed him against the cage and sucked the energy from his 168-pound frame. Keenly aware of Penn’s penchant for fast starts, St. Pierre made sure to establish himself early in the fight.

“B.J. Penn, when he comes out, he always comes out strong in the first round because he’s got very good hand speed,” he said. “So I wanted to make him tired, to carry my weight.”

By rounds three and four, Penn was visibly discouraged, his pace labored. St. Pierre scored at will with takedowns and passed the former Brazilian jiu-jitsu world champion’s guard with stunning ease. His relentless ground-and-pound -- punches, elbows and knees -- also took a heavy toll on Penn, whose head and body were often exposed in side control.

“He’s a very tough guy,” St. Pierre said. “Even at the end of the fourth round, I was mad. I was trying to finish him … hard, but he always survived. I’m not surprised. I was expecting that.”

At the conclusion of round four, Penn had nothing more to give, and his corner motioned for the cage-side doctor to stop the fight. Afterward, St. Pierre focused on his drive and dedication to develop all his skills.

“People talk about stand-up and this and that,” he said. “It’s a mixed martial arts fight.”

St. Pierre thinks his takedown prowess enhanced his striking skills against Penn, a man some believe to be the premier boxer in the sport. Penn’s lethal jab, which he used to pick apart Sean Sherk at UFC 84, was never a factor.

“I knew he was afraid of my wrestling, so it made my stand-up look a little better maybe,” St. Pierre said. “I’m very confident with my stand-up now. I box with world champion boxers and former world champion boxers in Montreal, so I’m in very good hands.”

RHNewfie
02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Yep, gonna be interesting to see what develops...

RHNewfie
02-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Greg Jacksons response

http://www.cageplay.com/blog/2009/02/02/greg-jackson-addresses-gsp-vaseline-allegations/

goalie204
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Nothing will develop, it's just a sore loser trash talker crying. GSP was dominating the entire fight, even the first round. BJ had nothing. The vaseline did nothing, it wasn't even on his entire back, and it was unintentional. this is just dumb crying

kayaker
02-02-2009, 06:15 PM
More on the GSP controversy:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/nsac-comments-on-vaseline-controversy-16028

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13895/kizer-penn-yet-to-file-ufc-94-appeal-st-pierres-corner-could-face-action.mma

goalie204
02-02-2009, 06:36 PM
blah blah blah

chippewastud79
02-02-2009, 07:06 PM
This isn't all just BJ crying, the commission is looking into it, Dana called it BS and more than one person brought it to the commission's attention during the fight. Did it affect the outcome of the fight? Likely not, Penn was only even close to even trying to get one submission in the second round. But it is still bush league by the corner guy who is supposed to understand you can't do something like that. :bh

goalie204
02-02-2009, 07:56 PM
It was an accident, who cares, it's ridiculous that they're making a stink abuot it at all.

RHNewfie
02-03-2009, 05:27 AM
I agree that it should be looked into, do I think it affected thr outcome - no. The GSP camp said they would welcome a third fight if need be.

Steelergar
02-03-2009, 06:07 AM
What's up with Kim losing by by split decision? I thought he dominated the whole fight except for getting thrwon that one time.

LasciviousXXX
02-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Awesome fight IMO. The whole greasing thing is ridiculous. What Jackson did was SO nowhere close to the realm of greasing its laughable. Guy put vasoline on GSP's face between rounds and while talking to GSP rubbed a small spot on GSP's back and then tapped his chest as a sort of ritual ala the "nipple tweak".

If he were greasing GSP he would have rubbed it on his entire back and not one small spot on his back. IMO dude just forgot he had vasoline on his hand when doing it.

goalie204
02-03-2009, 11:54 AM
yep

Ken
02-04-2009, 08:33 AM
I love Penn being broken and now the whinny ass Prodigy doesn't know if he wants to fight any longer. :r Oh, he is such the "Prodigy". :rolleyes:

ActionAndy
02-04-2009, 08:48 AM
I love Penn being broken and now the whinny ass Prodigy doesn't know if he wants to fight any longer. :r Oh, he is such the "Prodigy". :rolleyes:

I've never liked him and couldn't have been happier to see him get absolutely mangled.

kayaker
02-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Here's (http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/2009/02/04/bj-penn-talks-about-gsp-fight-retiring-video/) a link to the video of Penn's post fight comments.

Does anyone recall him talking about retiring before the fight?

goalie204
02-04-2009, 11:38 AM
I've never liked him and couldn't have been happier to see him get absolutely mangled.

:tpd:

kayaker
02-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Penn has contacted the NSAC about the "greasing" issue (http://mmajunkie.com/news/13913/b-j-penn-contacts-nsac-with-official-request-into-ufc-94-investigation.mma).

RHNewfie
02-06-2009, 06:56 AM
It's looking like GSP vs Penn III this summer... sherdog.com

goalie204
02-06-2009, 08:11 AM
that's stupid, but i'm not complaining. Anytime i get to see someone kick the **** out of little ***** jay (bj) i'm all for it.

ActionAndy
02-06-2009, 08:18 AM
that's stupid, but i'm not complaining. Anytime i get to see someone kick the **** out of little ***** jay (bj) i'm all for it.

I'm all for rematches but I want to see GSP get in there with someone else in the meantime.

kayaker
02-06-2009, 09:33 AM
I don't know if this is really going anywhere. If the NSAC doesn't come up with much they won't do anything, and I don't know if III will attract as many people as II did.

NCRadioMan
02-06-2009, 09:38 AM
UFC Fight Night is tomorrow night at the Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas!

Matchups:

Joe Lauzon vs. Jeremy Stephens
Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer
Derek Downey vs. Nick Catone
Cain Velasquez vs. Denis Stojnic
Rich Clementi vs. Gleison Tibau
Jake Rosholt vs. Alessio Sakara

Decent card. Who ya got?

EDIT: Updated card

dannysguitar
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM

Matchups:

Joe Lauzon vs. Hermes Franca
Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer
Amir Sadollah vs. Nick Catone

Decent card. Who ya got?

Amir and Hermes are injured, they have been replaced. Jeremy Stephens is in for Franca, and I forgot who is replacing Amir...

ActionAndy
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM

Matchups:

Joe Lauzon vs. Hermes Franca
Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer
Amir Sadollah vs. Nick Catone

Decent card. Who ya got?

I'm a big Mac Danzig fan. I don't know what all this vegan stuff is but I read an interview and he didn't seem like a prick about it, so that was refreshing...

NCRadioMan
02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Wanderlei Silva will move down to 185 lbs for his next fight. Even if he has some cardio issues from the drop in weight, I still would put him in the top three in the UFC's Middleweight Division behind Anderson Silva and Dan Henderson. He just could not take the punches at Light Heavyweight anymore. When he was younger, he ate a few shots each fight and kept coming forward. At Middleweight, he should be able to withstand most of the strikes without being concreted (obviously A. Silva and Dan Henderson's right hand are exceptions).

The move also will put some excitement back into the Middleweight Division. He's a real threat with his size and knockout power. Anderson Silva has made a living beating up guys who couldn't knock him out with a sledgehammer. Against Wanderlei, he'd at least have to respect his striking.

They should put Wanderlei against Yushin Okami first. It would make perfect sense. The UFC doesn't want Okami to be successful, but he keeps winning. Let Wanderlei knock him out then you don't have to cave in and waste an Anderson Silva fight with the inevitable beating he'd give Okami. Plus, Wanderlei has a long history of pounding the hell out of Japanese fighters.

http://rearnaked.blogspot.com/2009/01/wanderlei-to-185-lbs.html (http://rearnaked.blogspot.com/2009/01/wanderlei-to-185-lbs.html)

Steelergar
02-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Good point, I think demian maia is one of the top middleweights in UFC and should fight one of those three if he defeats sonnen in his next fight.

NCRadioMan
02-09-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm a big Mac Danzig fan. I don't know what all this vegan stuff is but I read an interview and he didn't seem like a prick about it, so that was refreshing...
Me thinks he needs to eat some meat. He hasn't looked good at all in last two fights.

Good card with some good subs and ko's. I was watching with tw3nty and he said something about Stephens looking good and I said to wait and that Lauzon would catch him and he did.

ActionAndy
02-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Me thinks he needs to eat some meat. He hasn't looked good at all in last two fights.

Good card with some good subs and ko's. I was watching with tw3nty and he said something about Stephens looking good and I said to wait and that Lauzon would catch him and he did.

Is it just me or is Neer an enormous 156. Mac put up a good fight but just couldn't finish it. I was expecting a stoppage when Neer was raining those elbows but Danzig didn't want to quit just then... Would have liked to see a win :(

Ken
02-11-2009, 01:09 PM
According to GSP Penn is a chapter in his book that he isn't turning back to. And he shouldn't.

I really wanted to see Lauzon lose, so maybe he'll get another shot at having his butt handed to him be Ken-flo again.:tu

Looks like Frank Shamrock is making his way back to the ring and taking on Nick Diaz. Shamrock should have this covered, though Diaz usually puts on a good fight, so it should be something to watch.

Anyone going to the Arnold Grappling Championship in Ohio?

LasciviousXXX
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Saw this posted on another site and got a chuckle, thought it deserved a post here.

Quote from Dana White (UFC president) on Fedor Emelianenko:
"Fedor sucks, He's not even a top 5 Heavyweight in the world. Guys like Randy Couture, GSP, and BJ Penn and Anderson Silva are the best fighters"

LOL of course other "legends" in the MMA world shared their thoughts on Fedor :D

Fedor is the best P4P fighter in the world
-Randy Couture, UFC HW Champion

Fedor is Pound for pound the best fighter in the world
-George St. Pierre, UFC LW Champion

Fedor is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world aside from BJ Penn, those 2 are the best fighters in the world.
-Rampage Jackson, UFC LHW Champion

As far as Fedor, I think that guy is the baddest mother****er on the planet, that guy's a savage. He's one of those rare HW's that's dangerous on all positions....His submissions are nasty...he can **** you up from any position.
-Joe Rogan, UFC commentator and BJJ brown belt

Fedor has no weakness! I have seen so many fights, and even the best fighters in the world have a flaw in their game but I have yet to find one in Fedor Emelianenko.
– Bas Rutten, former King of Pancrese and UFC HW Champion FSN

Probably the best ever lived….he’s a living legend right now and I don’t think there’s a man on this planet who can beat him; the man is unreal. Pound for pound the best in the world
–Diego Sanchez, hooterandgreenway radio show

"What do I think of Fedor? I think Fedor is a phenomenal fighter. He's extremely well-rounded.... And skill-wise he's probably the top guy in the world right now"
-Big John McCarthy, legendary referee

Fedor is my favorite
-BJ Penn, former UFC Welterweight Champion and BJJworld Champion, NWFS 7/9/06

Fedor is just too dominant, too good at punching people in the face. The way he punches people man he's trying to kill people, with both hands. He's in a whole different class by himself.
-Brandon Vera

NOBODY wants to fight fedor
-Wanderlei Silva, former Pride MW Champion and GP winner

Our great champion, he is the BEST in the world.
-Josh Barnett, former UFC HW Champion and adcc Champion

He hasn't really ever lost and he's pound-for-pound the best fighter.
-Jeff Monson, ADCC Submission Wrestling World Champion

He is the BEST
-Mark Coleman, former UFC HW Champion and Pride GP Champion

"It's between Fedor and my wife"
-Gary Shaw, Elite XC President on who the best fighter is

The best in the world, no doubt
-Phil Baroni

Look, I’ve fought many people from around the world, so I’ve seen many strong fighters. But like him, never
-Renato Sobral

Fedor would be absolutely great in K-1
-Ernesto Hoost, 4-time K-1 World Champion

Fedor is the most incredible fighter you'll ever see
-Frank Trigg

Fedor is pound-for-pound best in the world
-Shamada (Pride referee)

The best fighter to climb into ANY areana is Emelianenko Fedor. He is in his own league and you can't compare nobody.
-Kevin Randleman, former UFC HW Champion

He is the best and undefeated... His striking game and his ground game is the best, so that's why he is the best... He is the ****
-Mark Hunt, K-1 World Champion

He’s the total package; looks can be deceiving. He’s incredibly strong, his hips are amazing, probably his best asset. Hard to hold down, hard to do anything with the guy………**** he’s just the best, that’s why he’s the best. He gets in position to throw the big bombs, he throws just as hard on the ground as he does on the feet. That’s why he’s the world Champion.
– Mark Coleman, former UFC Champion and GP winner

He’s the fastest I’ve ever seen. Much faster than Mirko. And he’s got a great reaction Technically he may not have such a big advantage, but physically he is the fastest heavy guy in MMA history. He tries a punch, misses it, then immediately shoots again, Cro Cop for example didn’t even see them coming. He must practise that a lot, because it’s not easy to improvise that kind of thing. He is really with a good combination of styles, he can go from one art to the other, that’s what makes him different.
– Antonio Rodorigo Nogueira, former Pride Champion, UFC Interim Champion

He has a fast eye, good for counter-attacking. And in every fight he shows up with something new under his sleeve. Against Filipovic he used a great clinch-strike combo: he’d go for the uchi-mata, quickly following with a powerful hook.
- Pedro Rizzo

I love it, 3 out of 4 people Dana mentions say that Fedor is the best LOL

NCRadioMan
02-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Time for UFC 95 tomorrow live at 3pm but will air on Spike TV at 9pm from the O2 Arena in the UK.

It's not a blockbuster card but I think decent nonetheless.

Joe Stevenson Vs. Diego Sanchez
Dan Hardy Vs. Rory Markham
Nate Marquardt Vs. Wilson Gouveia
Demian Maia Vs. Chael Sonnen
Josh Koscheck Vs. Paulo Thiago

My picks in bold.

In other news....................

UFC 99 PITS RICH FRANKLIN VS WANDERLEI SILVA

The Ultimate Fighting Championship is set to make its German debut on June 13 at the Lanxess Arena in Cologne. While several fights have been rumored for the event over the past couple of months, most have not come to fruition.

MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday, however, was able to confirm through multiple independent sources that former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin and former Pride 205-pound champion Wanderlei Silva have agreed to fight each other at UFC 99.

http://www.mmalinker.com/news/25300/UFC_99_PITS_RICH_FRANKLIN_VS_WANDERLEI_SILVA.html

LordOfWu
02-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Time for UFC 95 tomorrow live at 3pm but will air on Spike TV at 9pm from the O2 Arena in the UK.

It's not a blockbuster card but I think decent nonetheless.

Joe Stevenson Vs. Diego Sanchez
Dan Hardy Vs. Rory Markham
Nate Marquardt Vs. Wilson Gouveia
Demian Maia Vs. Chael Sonnen
Josh Koscheck Vs. Paulo Thiago

My picks in bold.

Interesting...I think the entire card isn't PPV strong, but I think Big Daddy v. the Nightmare is potentially a great match up of two of the best at ground fighting. Should be fun and the price is right!

ActionAndy
02-20-2009, 12:00 PM
I hate Diego Sanchez. I remember paying to see him fight Josh Koscheck and then...Sanchez just walked around the ring being a crybaby. What a pathetic fight.

Steelergar
02-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Looking forward to the fight tonight. While there is not a big main event or co main event , I love watching the brazilians fight and there's a few on the card. Damien Mia is my favorite fighter to watch, hopefully the guy he is fighting dosen't avoid going to the ground and stall the fight like he did against paulo filho and play for points. I hope to ref stays out of the fight as much as possible. I also wish they show the Junior dos santos fight on the ppv, he is a good up and coming fighter.

NCRadioMan
02-23-2009, 09:09 AM
I picked well for this event. I was sick all weekend but I managed to stay awake long enough to watch the event.

UFC 95 Fight Night Bonuses:

Fight of the Night: Diego Sanchez vs Joe Stevenson

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090222/capt.f62f0de956ff400cb17b2e77c27d0569.britain_ulti mate_fighting_lth120.jpg

Submission of the Night: Demian Maia

http://i41.tinypic.com/2nbrjmf.gif

Knockout of the Night: Paulo Thiago
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww225/saihabot13/PauloThiagoKnockoutsJoshKoscheckUFC.gif

Diego Sanchez, Joe Stevenson, Paulo Thiago and Demian Maia each earned $40,000 "fight night" bonuses for their performances at "UFC 95: Sanchez vs. Stevenson."

The bonuses were down from January's UFC 94 $65,000 awards, but matched the bonuses issued at the organization's last trip to Europe, UFC 93.

---------------------------------

UFC 100: Georges St. Pierre vs Thiago Alves in Las Vegas on July 11

Georges St. Pierre will defend his welterweight title against number one division contender Thiago Alves in main event of the landmark UFC 100 pay-per-view (PPV) event at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 11.

goalie204
02-23-2009, 09:13 AM
i loved seeing koscheck got knocked out, that made my night. Hate the guy.

LordOfWu
02-23-2009, 09:28 AM
i loved seeing koscheck got knocked out, that made my night. Hate the guy.

I agree...but does anyone think that the ref called that one a bit quick? I thought it was a good call, but a buddy who was watching with me thought that they should have let it go a bit longer, that Kos was still defending himself, or acting like it.

NCRadioMan
02-23-2009, 10:15 AM
I agree...but does anyone think that the ref called that one a bit quick? I thought it was a good call, but a buddy who was watching with me thought that they should have let it go a bit longer, that Kos was still defending himself, or acting like it.

Yep, I thought so too. Looked like he was "out" on the way down but when he hit the ground he was looking to defend. I am glad he lost but I would have liked to see him get pounded a bit more. :bx

Steelergar
02-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Some good matchups taking shape for sengoku 7.

Heavyweight bout: Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Antonio Silva
Heavyweight bout: Roger Gracie vs. TBA
Heavyweight bout: James Thompson[1] vs. Jim York
Light Heavyweight bout: Muhammed Lawal vs. Ryo Kawamura

Some experts say if anybody can beat Fedor Emelianenko it is Antonio Silva, intresting that he is fighting his brother.

This event is not until March 20th.

ActionAndy
02-26-2009, 09:06 AM

Yeah, watch the slow-mo clip that Radio posted above. As soon as he's on the ground he looks directly at the opponent, squares his hands up to block, and raises his legs off the ground. I hate the guy and his retarded hair but he doesn't look OUT.

BengalMan
03-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Looks like Randy and Big Nog have both signed on to fight each other at UFC 101. Hopefully Nog will show up this time. Looking forward to it.

On another note, in the "are you serious!?" catagory, Bobby Lashley will be fighting Ken Shamrock on March 21st.

And finally, something I'm crazy excited about, Cung Le recently said he would fight Anderson Silva if the UFC would co-promote the fight with Strikeforce. Unfortunately, this likely won't happen. :(

goalie204
03-02-2009, 04:25 PM
cung le rules

NCRadioMan
03-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Looks like Randy and Big Nog have both signed on to fight each other at UFC 101. Hopefully Nog will show up this time. Looking forward to it.

On another note, in the "are you serious!?" catagory, Bobby Lashley will be fighting Ken Shamrock on March 21st.

And finally, something I'm crazy excited about, Cung Le recently said he would fight Anderson Silva if the UFC would co-promote the fight with Strikeforce. Unfortunately, this likely won't happen. :(

Randy/Nog=snoozefest.

Lashley is pretty good and ungodly strong and should have no problem beating Ken.

Cung Le is, of course, a fantastic striker but nothing on the ground. Silva would win easily, imo.

Last nights WEC card was pretty good. Mike Brown is turning into a real beast.

NCRadioMan
03-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Great mma weekend coming up!

UFC 96 tomorrow live from The Nationwid Arena in Columbus, OH.
Matchups:

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Keith Jardine

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shane Carwin
Tim Boetsch vs. Jason Brilz
Matt Hamill vs. Mark Munoz
Gray Maynard vs. Jim Miller
Kendall Grove vs. Jason Day
Brandon Vera vs. Michael Patt
Tamdan McCrory vs. Ryan Madigan
Pete Sell vs. Matt Brown
Aaron Riley vs. Shane Nelson

Also this weekend:

Dream 7 live from the Saitama Super Arena,
Saitama, Japan airs live at 3am Sunday Morning.

Matchups:

Non-Tournament Bouts
Shinya Aoki vs. David Gardner
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Daisuke Nakamura

Dream Featherweight Grand Prix
Masakazu Imanari vs. Atsushi Yamamoto
Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Kim Jong Won
Yoshiro Maeda vs. Micah Miller
Chase Beebe vs. Joe Warren
Takafumi Otsuka vs. Bibiano Fernandes
Akiyo Nishiura vs. Abel Cullum

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sanchez-Guida Agreed for TUF 9 Finale

Diego Sanchez and Clay Guida are heading straight for one another.

The potent lightweight pair has agreed to meet in the headlining bout of The Ultimate Fighter 9 finale on June 20 at the Pearl inside the Palms Resort in Las Vegas, according to sources close to the fighters. The bout will anchor a night of final deciding bouts for the Spike TV reality series, which begins airing in April.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/sanchez-guida-agreed-for-tuf-9-finale-16439

ActionAndy
03-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Great mma weekend coming up!

UFC 96 tomorrow live from The Nationwid Arena in Columbus, OH.
Matchups:

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Keith Jardine

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shane Carwin
Tim Boetsch vs. Jason Brilz
Matt Hamill vs. Mark Munoz
Gray Maynard vs. Jim Miller
Kendall Grove vs. Jason Day
Brandon Vera vs. Michael Patt
Tamdan McCrory vs. Ryan Madigan
Pete Sell vs. Matt Brown
Aaron Riley vs. Shane Nelson

Also this weekend:

Dream 7 live from the Saitama Super Arena,
Saitama, Japan airs live at 3am Sunday Morning.

Matchups:

Non-Tournament Bouts
Shinya Aoki vs. David Gardner
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Daisuke Nakamura

Dream Featherweight Grand Prix
Masakazu Imanari vs. Atsushi Yamamoto
Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Kim Jong Won
Yoshiro Maeda vs. Micah Miller
Chase Beebe vs. Joe Warren
Takafumi Otsuka vs. Bibiano Fernandes
Akiyo Nishiura vs. Abel Cullum

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sanchez-Guida Agreed for TUF 9 Finale

Diego Sanchez and Clay Guida are heading straight for one another.

The potent lightweight pair has agreed to meet in the headlining bout of The Ultimate Fighter 9 finale on June 20 at the Pearl inside the Palms Resort in Las Vegas, according to sources close to the fighters. The bout will anchor a night of final deciding bouts for the Spike TV reality series, which begins airing in April.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/sanchez-guida-agreed-for-tuf-9-finale-16439

I used to see Tamdan at the bars a lot up at school. Never talked to him, but you'd never guess the kid's a pro fighter.

NCRadioMan
03-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Well crap!!!

Frank Mir Hurt, Out of UFC 98 Fight With Brock Lesnar

The UFC 98 heavyweight title unification fight between champion Brock Lesnar and Interim champion Frank Mir will reportedly not take place on May 23 as scheduled, as Mir has suffered an injury that will keep him out of the Octagon for at least a few months.

FiveOuncesofPain.com and MMAMania.com both reported the news Friday afternoon, although the reports conflicted about the nature of the injury and exactly how long Mir will be out.

It's not clear whether Lesnar will still fight at UFC 98 against a different opponent, or whether Lesnar will be put on ice until Mir is ready for the rematch. Either way, Lesnar-Mir was the heavyweight fight that UFC fans most wanted to see this year, and this news is a major disappointment.

The UFC will announce a new main event for UFC 98 during tonight's pay-per-view broadcast of UFC 96 "Jackson vs. Jardine," MMAFighting.com has learned.

Current UFC 98 Card:

Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
Sean Sherk vs. Frankie Edgar
Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Wilson
James Irvin vs. Drew McFedries
Houston Alexander vs. Andre Gusmao
Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Brandon Wolff
Phillipe Nover vs. Kyle Bradley
Tim Hague vs. Patrick Barry
George Roop vs. David Kaplan

Mikey202
03-07-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm pickin' Jardine to knock-out Jackson. I don't think Jardine gets enough credit for the caliber of fighter that he is.:2

BengalMan
03-07-2009, 08:02 PM
WOrd is Mir vs. Brock will now be at UFC 100. How convenient, lol. Looking forward to Carwin vs. Gonzaga tonight. I passed up great tickets to tonights UFC as I really didn't think it was going to be that good of a card for me to travel to Columbus, especially since I'll be up there next weekend anyways. Oh well, I've been to enough of them. Couple good fights tonight, worth me watching a stream online on my balcony with a cigar and bourbon. :)

Mikey202
03-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Did Hamill kill Munoz? What a knock-out. First time I've ever seen a stretcher brought in.:r

BengalMan
03-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Wow, what horrible officiating by Yyves Lavigne. TERRIBLE. That was a complete slaughter from the first hit....

BengalMan
03-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Did Hamill kill Munoz? What a knock-out. First time I've ever seen a stretcher brought in.:r

Yeah, helluva KO!

BengalMan
03-07-2009, 09:28 PM
HOLY ****!!!! What a KO by Carwin!

BengalMan
03-07-2009, 10:26 PM
What a war between Jardine and Rampage and a GREAT stare down / sh!t talking between Rashad and Rampage.

On another note, Vera looked GREAT! Viscous leg kicks! Looking forward to him at 205 in 09.

Ken
03-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Gonzaga getting KO'd made my year.:dance:

NCRadioMan
03-11-2009, 05:40 PM
TapouT Owner Dies in Horrific Ferrari Crash

TMZ has confirmed the owner of the TapouT MMA clothing line died this morning when his ultra-rare $300,000 Ferrari crashed into a light pole, ripping the car in half.

TMZ has learned Charles Lewis Jr. -- aka "Mask" -- was driving his Ferrari Modena in Orange County, Calif. around 1:00 AM this morning when cops say it "left the roadway, hit the curb, took out a light pole."

"Mask" was declared dead at the scene. A female passenger -- who was ejected from the crash -- was taken to a local hospital, but we're told she's in bad shape.

Cops believe "Mask" was racing a guy in a Porsche at the time of the crash, and authorities have since arrested the guy they believe was driving the other car. That man -- Jeffrey David Kirby -- is being held on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter.

RIP Mask

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

BJ Penn and his crew will not let this go.

PENN FILES COMPLAINT WITH NSAC
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/tem ... 7&zoneid=2 (http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/tem ... 7&zoneid=2)

After a month of telegraphing their intentions, B.J. Penn and his representatives have filed a formal complaint against Georges St. Pierre.

The 20-page document, filed on Monday with the Nevada State Athletic Commission, requests sanctions against St. Pierre, his cornermen, and other unknown licensees of the commission, and requests a formal hearing into the matter.

The complaint, drafted by Penn legal representative Raffi A. Nahabedian, of the Rosenfeld law firm in Las Vegas, Nevada, alleges that St. Pierre and his camp knowingly used illegal greasing agents to affect the outcome of his fight with Penn at UFC 94 on Jan. 31 in Las Vegas.

Penn succumbed to St. Pierres furious ground and pound attack 20 minutes after their encounter began, with Penns cornermen throwing in the towel between the fourth and fifth rounds.

Controversy erupted inside the cage between the first and second rounds when the NSAC was alerted to the inappropriate use of Vaseline by St. Pierre cornerman Phil Nurse. Officials wiped the welterweight champion down with a towel between rounds and monitored the corner closely until the bouts halt.

The document cites unnamed mixed martial arts fighters who complained about St. Pierres use of greasing agents as evidence of his culpability.

It is Penns belief that the aforementioned strategies were intentional and were orchestrated by Pierre as a means to unfairly and illegally defeat Penn in a regulated and sanctioned championship bout that prohibits the aforementioned conduct and that such calculated actions by Pierre were implemented as a means to prevent Penn from defending himself in a manner consistent with that contemplated in unarmed combat due to the highly and unnaturally slippery nature of Pierre during the bout, the document states.

Penn and his representative also allege that St. Pierre ingested a substance that would cause his body to become highly and unnaturally slippery during the bout.

Nurse, Jackson trainer Greg Jackson, and the unknown parties are named as co-conspirators to St. Pierres use of the agents.

The complaint requests numerous punishments for St. Pierres camp. It asks the commission to fine St. Pierre, Jackson, Nurse, and the unnamed parties up to $250,000; suspend St. Pierres license as well as the licenses of Jackson, Nurse, and the unnamed parties; change the result of the bout to a no contest; and require Pierre undergo a pre-bout shower to make sure no substances exist on his body.

St. Pierres manager, Sherri Spencer, had not read the document and would not comment to MMAWeekly.com until she had reviewed it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A championship battle of undefeated light heavyweights is slated to headline UFC 98, SI.com has confirmed.

Rashad Evans (13-0-1) will defend his UFC belt May 23 against Lyoto Machida (14-0).

Mikey202
03-11-2009, 08:12 PM
That's what happens when you try to play " Too fast, Too Furious , Tokyo Drift " . R.I.P " Mask.

I hope St. Pierre didn't cheat.:(

Read that Rampage has torn ligiments in his jaw and a hyperextended elbow. :r

chippewastud79
03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
‘Rampage’ injured; Machida gets shot at Evans
By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson needs surgery on his jaw and won’t be able to fight Rashad Evans as planned on May 23 at UFC 98, UFC president Dana White said.

White said Wednesday that he would give the title shot instead to unbeaten Lyoto Machida.

Jackson said at the postfight news conference for UFC 96 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio – in which he won a close decision from Keith Jardine to earn the title shot – that he wasn’t sure he could make it because his jaw was sore.

White said Wednesday that Jackson was examined on Tuesday in Las Vegas and it was discovered he had torn ligaments in his jaw. He also has a hyperextension of his left elbow.

Jackson will have surgery next week and will not be allowed contact for at least five weeks following.

“Rampage deserved the [title shot], but this is an awesome main event,” White said of Evans-Machida, which matches two unbeaten fighters. “A lot of people were complaining to me that Lyoto should have had the shot first. I think it’s going to be a great fight and Rampage can go get himself healthy.”

Evans is 13-0-1, with only a draw against Tito Ortiz marring his record. Machida is 14-0.

Jackson said Saturday that sparring partner Hector “Sick Dog” Ramirez had hit him with an uppercut several days prior to his win over Wanderlei Silva at UFC 92 on Dec. 27 in Las Vegas, injuring his jaw.

Jackson said he didn’t tell White about the injury. Jackson went on to knock out Silva in the first round of that fight, then almost immediately went back into training for the bout with Jardine.

The UFC had planned to make Jackson-Evans the main event of UFC 100, but changed plans on Saturday after learning interim heavyweight champion Frank Mir would be unable to train adequately for a rematch with heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar because of arthroscopic surgery on his knee.

White and matchmaker Joe Silva then decided to move Evans’ title defense to UFC 98, with the proviso that Jackson would get the bout if he won and felt he could make it and Machida would get it if Jackson felt he could not.

It would have been an unusually grueling pace for a top-tier fighter, with three high-level bouts in less than five months. Jackson, though, told White on Saturday: “You know I have your back” and promised he would fight if he could physically do it.

“It’s not the end of the world because we have a great fight to put on,” White said. “It shows you the kind of guy that Rampage is – that he was willing to sacrifice and take this fight because we needed him. You don’t forget things like that.

“But we’re lucky because we have a great fight to put in there and we don’t have problems.”

LordOfWu
03-12-2009, 09:06 AM
R.I.P Mask

goalie204
03-12-2009, 09:18 AM
R.I.P Mask

r.i.p.

on the lighter side, lol ken shamrock suspended for steroids

goalie204
03-12-2009, 09:22 AM
So bj filed an "official" complaint against gsp. His lawyer says ""This was one hundred percent intentional and orchestrated," said attorney Raffi Nahabedian, who filed the complaint on behalf of Penn Monday. "B.J. truly believes that if he (St. Pierre) wasn't as slippery, it would have been a vastly different bout." - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. So hillarious.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14237/penn-files-complaint-against-st-pierre-seeks-no-contest-ruling-of-ufc-94-bout.mma

LordOfWu
03-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Fedor fans, this is hillarious!

http://www.cagetoday.com/video-even-hitler-want-fedor-in-the-ufc/

ActionAndy
03-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Fedor fans, this is hillarious!

http://www.cagetoday.com/video-even-hitler-want-fedor-in-the-ufc/

Hitler's got a point, I can't take UFC's heavyweight division seriously knowing that Fedor exists.

NCRadioMan
03-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Alot of MMA news!

Dana White responds to reports of Affliction’s plans to counter-program UFC 100

If Affliction Entertainment is looking to create a sense of panic from the UFC regarding reported plans to counter-program UFC 100 on July 11, it would appear they will need to do a little more to rattle the cage of UFC President Dana White.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com submitted a request for comment to White via text message Sunday afternoon seeking his response to reports that Affliction is looking to go head-to-head on July 11 with one of the most historic cards in UFC history.

White responded to our request via voicemail and didn’t sound concerned in the least about Affliction’s plans.

“How do I feel about them trying to counter-program UFC 100?,” White began his statement, before continuing, “I love it. I f'ng love it. I love it. I don’t like these guys and I want to see them spend more of their t-shirt money. What they should be worrying about is — they’ve already seen first hand that nobody gives a **** about Affliction MMA — what they need to starting worrying about is nobody wants to wear their goofy f'ng clothes anymore either. The fad is over and they better start saving as much of that t-shirt money as they can.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A much discussed rematch between current WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown (17-4 MMA, 3-0 WEC) and the man from whom he took the belt, Urijah Faber (22-2 MMA, 7-1 WEC), has been signed according to a report from FiveOuncesOfPain.com.

According to the report, the bout will headline the as-yet-unannounced WEC 41 event on June 7 at the Arco Arena in Sacramento, Calif.

Brown defied conventional logic in the pair's November 2008 title bout, earning a first-round TKO victory over then-champion Faber. The American Top Team product has since defended the belt in a submission win over Leonard Garcia in the main event of March's WEC 39. The win marked the ninth-straight victory for the 33-year-old.

Affliction 3 on July 11; Fedor and Barnett in Separate Bouts

It will happen...

MMAWeekly.com is reporting that Affliction will indeed hold their third MMA event on July 11, the same night as UFC 100.

The possibility of the July 11 date for Affliction was first reported by fiveouncesofpain.com. The event is planned to be aired on non-premium cable television, not pay-per-view.

The expected match up of top heavyweights Fedor Emelianenko and Josh Barnett will not be taking place at Affliction 3. Sources say the cost of the bout would be too great to be held on free TV. No opponent for either fighter is known at this time. However, sources say Affliction is trying to put together a bout between former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia and Paul Buentello.

The report also debunked other reports claiming the event would be Affliction's last. Affliction Entertainment COO Michael D. Cohen told Versus.com's Ariel Helwani, "It's absolutely untrue... Trump's Affliction Entertainment is going nowhere except to the top, and the company will continue throughout 2009 and well into 2010."

The Japanese-based DREAM organization today announced a number of DREAM.8 bouts, including a heavyweight matchup of Jeff Monson (28-8) vs. Sergey Kharitonov (16-3) and the opening-round bouts for its eight-man welterweight grand prix.

The show, DREAM.8, takes place at Nippon Gaishi Hall in Nagoya, Japan.

The event broadcast debuts in North America on April 10 at 10 p.m. EST on HDNet.

In addition to Monson vs. Kharitonov, DREAM also officially announced the previously reported addition of PRIDE and EliteXC veteran Murilo "Ninja" Rua (16-9-1) to the card. He'll take on Dong Sik Yoon (4-6) in a middleweight bout.

Also in non-tournament action is a middleweight bout between Andrews Nakahara (1-1) and Shungo Oyama (7-11), who is a late replacement for Zelg Galesic (9-4).

In tournament action, the eight-man grand prix is headed by an intriguing and previously reported rematch between WAMMA lightweight champion Shinya Aoki (20-3) and Hayato "Mach" Sakurai (34-8-2). The two fighters first met at an August 2005 Shooto event, and Aoki suffered a close unanimous-decision loss; it's one of only three career losses for the former PRIDE fighter and 2008 DREAM lightweight grand prix runner-up.

Other DREAM welterweight grand-prix bouts include UFC veteran John Alessio (24-12) vs. Andre Galvao (2-0), one-time Affliction fighter Jason High (6-1) vs. Yuya Shirai (15-7), and Seichi Ikemoto (18-14-5) vs. Marius Zaromskis (8-2).

The full DREAM.8 card now includes:

Shinya Aoki vs. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai
Ikuhisa "Minowaman" Minowa vs. Katsuyori Shibata
Hideo Tokoro vs. DJ.taiki
Yuya Shirai vs. Jason High
Marius Zaromskis vs. Seichi Ikemoto
Andre Galvao vs. John Alessio
Murilo "Ninja" Rua vs. Dong Sik Yoon
Andrews Nakahara vs. Shungo Oyama
Sergey Kharitonov vs. Jeff Monson

Akihiro Gono has been rumored that he was fired from the UFC (he was released) since he said he was currently looking for a job at Sengoku.7 on March 20.

Dream Event Producer Keiichi Sasahara commented about Gono after the press conference at Deep official Gym in Tokyo on March 26. "He is a very attractive fighter because he has unique individuality. I believe he can attract and bring more fans into Dream. We have our first welterweight champion in July, and I want him to fight our champion for the welterweight belt."

The main event for UFC 101 has been set, and lightweight champion BJ Penn will defend his title against Kenny Florian on August 8 in Philadelphia.

MMA Weekly reports that Penn said on his own web site that it's official, and that Penn will make his first title defense since May of 2008. Lately Penn has seemed to be obsessed with getting justice for what he perceives as cheating by Georges St. Pierre during their fight at UFC 94, but now Penn says he's ready to turn all his attention to facing Florian.

Said Florian, "I am looking forward to testing myself against one of the greatest -- if not the greatest -- lightweight fighter in the world."

Other fights expected to be part of the UFC 101 card include:

Forrest Griffin vs. Thiago Silva
Josh Neer vs. Kurt Pellegrino
Thiago Tavares vs. Melvin Guillard
Matt Riddle vs. Dan Cramer
Danillo Villefort vs. Jesse Lennox

UFC Fight Night 18 this Wednesday night @ 8pm Live from Nashville.

Matchups:

Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann
Efrain Escudero vs. Jeremy Stephens
Ryan Bader vs. Carmelo Marrero
Cole Miller vs. Junie Allen Browning
Tyson Griffin vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Horwich
Brock Larson vs. Jesse Sanders
Jorge Rivera vs. Nissen Osterneck
Rob Kimmons vs. Joe Vedepo
Tim McKenzie vs. Aaron Simpson
Steve Steinbeiss vs. Ryan Jensen

The new season of The Ultimate Fighter premiers after the fights. This season is the US vs. the UK.

WEC 40 this Sunday night!

WEC Bantamweight Championship
Miguel Torres vs. Brian Bowles

Jeff Curran vs. Joseph Benavidez
Benson Henderson vs. Shane Roller
Manny Tapia vs. Akitoshi Tamura
Cub Swanson vs. Diego Nunes
Rafael Dias vs. Cole Province

KASR
04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I don't know about anyone else - but I'm pretty geeked about the Shamrock v. Diaz fight at a catchweight of 179lb. :D

goalie204
04-01-2009, 03:11 PM
me2, but i don't know what geeked means, so i'm just looking forward to it :D

TheLostGringo
04-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Great fight last night between Carlos Condit & Martin Kampman!! I really expected Condit to win fairly easy, biy was I wrong. Kampman was amazing and got the hard fought decision. One of the most intriguing fights I have seen in years.

KASR
04-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Great strikeforce event last night! The Scott Smith and Benji Radach fight was awesome - lots of drama!

NCRadioMan
04-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Great strikeforce event last night! The Scott Smith and Benji Radach fight was awesome - lots of drama!

Smith pulls another out of his arse. It's time for Frank Shamrock to retire. He looked really bad against Diaz. Really bad.

Ken
05-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Jason McDonald cut with a few others from the UFC. I know McDonald has last his last few, but he has some talent and a much better fighter than many that get to linger around for some odd reason. He should make a good pay check in Strike Force; I'm betting they pick him up.

ActionAndy
05-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Jason McDonald cut with a few others from the UFC. I know McDonald has last his last few, but he has some talent and a much better fighter than many that get to linger around for some odd reason. He should make a good pay check in Strike Force; I'm betting they pick him up.

I've liked The Athlete since I first saw him fight. That's a shame.

ActionAndy
05-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin! (http://www.fourouncestofreedom.com/archives/forrest_vs_silva_anderson_silv.phtml)

What are your thoughts? I'm thinking Silva wins it. I like Forrest for his personality and heart, but Anderson Silva is the Bruce Lee of our times. Just a pin-point accurate, no-nonsense, cut your throat ninja.

Interview with Griffin. (http://mmamania.com/2009/04/29/hate-stuff-break-stuff-an-mmamaniacom-interview-exclusive-with-forrest-griffin/)

NCRadioMan
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Just in time for the Vanderherf!

UFC 98
Date: May 23, 2009
Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena

Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida
Yushin Okami vs. Dan Miller
Patrick Barry vs. Tim Hague
David Kaplan vs. George Roop

My picks in bold.

Tw3nty
05-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Just in time for the Vanderherf!

UFC 98
Date: May 23, 2009
Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena

Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida
Yushin Okami vs. Dan Miller
Patrick Barry vs. Tim Hague
David Kaplan vs. George Roop

My picks in bold.

Nice picks.

LasciviousXXX
05-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Back from Maui just in time for this Saturday's fight :D

Had a quick moment of stress while on vacation as I thought the fight was last weekend. Was scrambling to find a place on the island to watch it LOL

ActionAndy
05-22-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm the only one that gives a damn about the Silva Griffin fight? Haters.

goalie204
05-22-2009, 11:53 AM

I don't think so, i just think August is a long ways away, and not as hot a topic as what's happening tmrw night :p

LasciviousXXX
05-22-2009, 11:59 AM

I give a damn :D I just don't see it as being a particularly well matched fight that's all.

goalie204
05-22-2009, 12:01 PM
i think machida will beat rashad. His style is very evasive. Could go either way tho

and i HOPE serra beats hughes...but doubt it ;/

LasciviousXXX
05-22-2009, 12:07 PM
The Machida/Evans fight is going to be an exciting one, no doubt. I'll be pulling for Lyoto but as you said, it could go either way. Rashad has some great power behind his punches and generally works the angles pretty well. But I would love to see Lyoto knock him out with a well placed kick :D

I also hope Serra beats Hughes but really I can't see it happening. Nover takes Bradley IMO

ActionAndy
05-22-2009, 12:14 PM
I hate Hughes and Evans. I'll smoke something nice if they both get their teeth kicked in.

goalie204
05-22-2009, 12:25 PM
I hate Hughes and Evans. I'll smoke something nice if they both get their teeth kicked in.

:r

ucla695
05-24-2009, 12:40 AM
I went with Machida and wasn't disappointed. Great fight!!

LasciviousXXX
05-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Man Lyoto did an amazing job of holding back and waiting for Rashad to attack as well as pressing the action and staying aggressive. I was so happy with the result of the fight! With his first initial flurry of punches he reminded me of old Vitor Belfort when he was young. Just super quick hands/feet

BORIStheBLADE
05-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Even though I don't care much for Matt Serra, but I think he should have won that fight.

NCRadioMan
05-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Man Lyoto did an amazing job of holding back and waiting for Rashad to attack as well as pressing the action and staying aggressive. I was so happy with the result of the fight! With his first initial flurry of punches he reminded me of old Vitor Belfort when he was young. Just super quick hands/feet

I agree. I have always liked Lyoto's style. I just got caught up and watched the fight and he was uber-impressive.

LordOfWu
05-26-2009, 04:01 PM
In case you were interested, per MMAMania:

Total Disclosed Payouts: $957,000

Lyoto Machida — $140,000 ($70,000 to show, $70,000 to win)
Rashad Evans — $200,000
Machida defeated Evans via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Matt Hughes — $200,000 ($100,000 to show, $100,000 to win)
Matt Serra — $75,000
Hughes defeated Serra via unanimous decision

Drew McFedries — $34,000 ($17,000 to show, $17,000 to win)
Xavier Foupas-Pokam — $6,000
McFedries defeated Foupas-Pokam via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Chael Sonnen — $50,000 ($25,000 to show, $25,000 to win)
Dan Miller — $15,000
Sonnen defeated Miller via unanimous decision

Frank Edgar — $40,000 ($20,000 to show, $20,000 to win)
Sean Sherk — $40,000
Edgar defeated Sherk via unanimous decision

Brock Larson — $42,000 ($21,000 to show, $21,000 to win)
Mike Pyle — $15,000
Larson defeated Pyle via submission (arm triangle choke) in round one

Tim Hague — $10,000 ($5,000 to show, $5,000 to win)
Pat Barry — $7,000
Hague defeated Barry via submission (guillotine choke) in round one

Kyle Bradley — $8,000 ($4,000 to show, $4,000 to win)
Phillipe Nover — $10,000
Bradley defeated Nover via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Krzysztof Soszynski — $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
Andre Gusmao — $5,000
Soszynski defeated Gusmao via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Yoshiyuki Yoshida — $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
Brandon Wolff — $3,000
Yoshida defeated Wolff via submission (guillotine choke) in round one

George Roop — $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
Dave Kaplan — $8,000
Roop defeated Kaplan via split decision

Fight of the Night: $60,000/each - Matt Serra and Matt Hughes
KO of the Night: $60,000 - Lyoto Machida
Submission of the Night: $60,000 - Brock Larson

NCRadioMan
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Some MMA news:

UFC president Dana White announced at the UFC 98 post-fight press conference that former light heavyweight titleholder Quinton "Rampage" Jackson will get the first crack at newly crowned Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida's belt. Speculation immediately arose whether Jackson and Machida would be coaches on the next season of the Spike TV reality show "The Ultimate Fighter."

White was asked point blank at the press conference if the coaches for the tenth season of the show had been picked. White confirmed they have been chosen, but wouldn't divulge any names.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8850&zoneid=13
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank Trigg, broadcaster and fighter extraordinaire, announced on MMAJunkie Radio that he has rejoined the welterweight ranks in the UFC. The 37 year old fighter has signed a 4 fight contract with his old organization after a long stint outside the UFC where he went 9 and 2. Inside the UFC back in 2004 and 2005, he was 2 and 3 with two huge losses against Matt Hughes (Seen on the UFC intro to this day) and a single loss against George St. Pierre.

With four fights scheduled in the UFC, a rematch with Hughes is a definite possibility. Frank is currently training at Xtreme Couture with some of the best out there and has consistently talked about his lifestyle changes that he has had to embrace to remain relevant fight-wise as he has gotten older. These changes along with the passage of time could make for a different and refreshing outcome of a Hughes / Trigg rematch.

per mmaweekly.com

Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White on Thursday, via an Ultimate Fighter 10 teleconference, announced that the next season of the venerable Spike TV reality series would see Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans as coaches.

The tenth season, titled The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights, kicks off on Sept. 16. It will be comprised completely of heavyweight athletes and culminate in a grudge match on Dec. 12 between Jackson and Evans.

SHOGUN AGREES TO MACHIDA BOUT, IN PRINCIPLE (so much for the previous report about Rampage and Machida)

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua has in principle accepted a bout with new light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, MMAWeekly.com has learned from sources close to negotiations.

Though a concrete date for the fight could not be confirmed, and Machida’s management could not be reached at the time of this writing, sources say it would likely take place in October or November.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8862&zoneid=13

Ken
06-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin! (http://www.fourouncestofreedom.com/archives/forrest_vs_silva_anderson_silv.phtml)

What are your thoughts? I'm thinking Silva wins it.
I like the fight, but I'm with you on Silva taking it.

I like the way Machida is finishing his fights I think he'll do the same with Rua. Rua looks back from his injuries and likes to pressure his opponents so this one should be another good fight with no worries of making it to the decision.

NCRadioMan
06-01-2009, 09:20 AM
More news:

UFC president Dana White talks to EdgeBoston.com about his longing to sign WAMMA heavyweight champion and arguably the top pound-for-pound fighter in MMA, Fedor Emelianenko. Since ZUFFA acquired PRIDE in 2007, a deal with the "Last Emperor" has long eluded the UFC and Dana White. Emelianenko is set to fight former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett at Affliction's third event in August.

Emelianenko is widely considered the top heavyweight fighter in the world as he sports an impressive 30-1 MMA record, with his lone loss coming as a disqualification against Tsuyoshi Kohsaka in 2000. Emelianenko avenged the loss to Kohsaka at PRIDE: "Bushido 6" in 2005 and holds notable wins over Ricardo Arona, Renato Sobral, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (2x), Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Matt Lindland, Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylvia and Mirko Filipovic.

“I would never cross-promote. Regarding Fedor, he either wants to come over and fight here or he doesn’t. If he came over and wanted to fight I’d do a deal with him in a minute. You know we’ve been chasing him since we bought Pride. In my opinion, I think it’s going to happen. He’d be crazy not to. I mean, why not? He’ll come over here and make a bunch of money and maybe even win the title and go down in history as the greatest heavyweight ever. The problem is it’s one thing for everyone to say it, I mean I can say, “Brock is the greatest heavyweight ever” but they have got to fight. It’s the only way to find out. We can argue about it all day but in the end you just have got to get out there and fight.”

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Dana-White-confident-Fedor-will-sign-with-the-UFC-eventually.html

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou talks to HDNet's "Inside MMA" about his recent behavior in the ring following a win over Jan Nortje at DREAM 9. Sokoudjou quickly defeated the South African by getting him to the ground before unleashing a series of vicious blows from top position. The referee called the fight, but Sokoudjou continued punching, landing a solid five or six hard punches to a downed Nortje before finally being pulled off. A brief fracas broke out afterwords, with both corners entering the ring, but was quickly dispersed.

Sokoudjou (6-4) who had lost two straight and three of his last four had described this fight as a "must win" and have let his emotions get the best of him. He'd recently been released from the UFC after going 1-2 with the promotion and lost his first fight outside of the promotion as well, that to Renato Sobral. His win over Nortje pushed him into the semifinals of DREAM's "Super Hulk" tournament where he'll draw Hong Man Choi, Ikuhisa Minowa, or Gegard Mousasi.

"There is no bad blood. Actually, he's a really cool guy. We met at the bus on the way to the hotel. We were always nice to each other. It's just one of those moments where, you know, I lost two fights in a row and I was in a state where I told myself, 'There's no way I can lose this fight.' I got him on the ground just like I thought I would do and I was pounding and I didn't want to stop. But I should have stopped. There's no bad blood. He's been nice. We've run into each other, and every time he's always been a gentlemen. I feel like a douchebag for doing it. I'm really sorry for it."

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Sokoudjou-expresses-remorse-for-actions-at-DREAM-9.html

Matt Hughes addresses Rashad Evans' loss to Lyoto Machida via his personal website, calling into question the strategy employed by Evans through famed MMA trainer Greg Jackson. Jackson has long been viewed as one of the best tacticians in the game, but his gameplan for Machida has been called into question by many who believe that Evans played to Machida's strengths by not utilizing wrestling skills to press Machida and get him on his back.

"I went back and watched the Rashad fight again, and I think it comes down to bad coaching. In the prefight press conference, I heard Rashad say that he didn't bring anybody in who would resemble Machida's style. When I heard that, I knew that there might be some problems. That is probably a big reason why Rashad didn't do very well in the striking area. I also think Rashad should have been coached on using his wrestling talent. He didn't shoot one takedown that I can remember and he just made it a sparring match. If I was to coach Rashad against Machida, I would have told him to make it a fight, use his wrestling and groundwork to really dictate the match. Not just go out and spar with him. I think Rashad could have done a lot better in that fight. I'm not saying he should have won, but he's a lot better than he showed on Saturday."

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Matt-Hughes-calls-out-Greg-Jackson-in-Evans-loss.html

NCRadioMan
06-01-2009, 09:22 AM
This Sunday...............the rematch!

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/events/wec-41-poster.jpg

WEC Featherweight Title
* Champ Mike Brown vs. Urijah Faber (for WEC featherweight title)

* Jose Aldo vs. Cub Swanson
* Donald Cerrone vs. James Krause
* Josh Grispi vs. Jens Pulver

Giant & 49er Fan
06-01-2009, 09:38 AM
What channel is this WEC fight on?

LordOfWu
06-01-2009, 09:43 AM
What channel is this WEC fight on?

on Versus

BengalMan
06-04-2009, 06:38 PM
In case you all haven't already seen, Kimblow Slice is on the next season of TUF with Rampage and Rashad as coaches. Also, conveniently for the first time in like 6 seasons, Dana isn't making fighters fight their way into the house. As much as I hate Kimbo, this was a great business decision by Dana. He'll get the TUF ratings back to where they used to be years ago, and he'll likely let Kimbo get destroyed and never let him back in the UFC just to prove the point that he's said all along, that Kimbo is a hack.

BengalMan
06-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Wow, no action tonight in this thread with one of the best MMA cards in years on Showtime. I gotta say I'm a little surprised.

teotides
06-06-2009, 11:02 PM
I thought the Diaz vs. Smith fight was pretty entertaining. Diaz put on a boxing clinic then finished nicely. Smack talk about the guys training partners and gym to boot!

BengalMan
06-06-2009, 11:41 PM
I agree, Diaz threw I think it was 221 punches in the 2nd ROUND alone. Scott Smith's head looked like the speed bag bouncing back and forth. The KO that Rogers put on AA was insane. It's a shame such a great fighter like AA lost his edge so fast. Rise to the top than crash to the bottom. Sucks. Shields choke out of Lawler was text book, which kinda disappoints me as Lawler has recently become one of my favorite fighters. Young, talented, hungry, and not afraid to bang and go for the KO. Joe Riggs just completely dominated Baroni. The only fight that was kind of a bore to me was the Randleman fight which I had high hopes for. Still, Whitehead owned him all three rounds. All in all, an EXCELLENT CARD by Showtime and Strikeforce. Looking forward to Rogers and Overeem and Carano vs. Cyborg.

kgoings
06-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Damn too bad Faber broke his hand in the first round, great fight! I thought Jogenson should have won his fight. Great night of fighting!

NCRadioMan
06-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Damn too bad Faber broke his hand in the first round, great fight! I thought Jogenson should have won his fight. Great night of fighting!

Faber is one tough dude to keep fighting with this: OUCH!!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/njlockset/faberhand.jpg

WEC 41 AWARDS AND BONUSES
(All awards include a $10,000 bonus for each fighter.)

WEC 41 Fight of the Night
Mike Brown and Urijah Faber

WEC 41 Knockout of the Night
Jose Aldo

WEC 41 Submission of the Night
Seth Dikun

Ken
06-08-2009, 02:35 PM
The Strikeforce card was pretty good. I'm not the biggest AA fan but I was pulling for him for about 12 seconds.:D Not sure where he's going to go after that loss.

Diaz has been looking good (don't even) in his past several fights. Smith wasn't being very elusive, but not Diaz's fualt, and picked him apart. He just has one of those odd striking styles that are harder to deal with compared to a straight boxer/mma striker. Hope to see him going for the belt very soon.

BengalMan
06-08-2009, 06:29 PM
If Diaz is going for any belt, it will have to be against Lawler for his MW belt. Diaz and Jake Shields are good friends and training partners and have already publicly stated that they won't fight each other. Diaz vs. Lawler could be a war though. Only problem them is Lawler cuts a good amount of weight to fight at 85, and Diaz walks around at 85. Regardless, I think it'd be a great fight.

NCRadioMan
06-10-2009, 04:55 PM
MMA News:

Exiled former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia reveals that future plans for getting back into the UFC include getting a couple of fights and wins under his belt, but would scrap that idea for a shot at current UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.

"I want to fight a couple of times and get some wins, get some momentum again but if the UFC called and said 'We want you to fight Brock in three months', I would do it," Sylvia told Fighters Only. "I think Randy (Couture) was kicking his ass and then Brock caught him with that big overhand right. I thought Randy was manhandling him in the first round and I thought the second round was going the exact same way, then Brock landed that big shot and... he's a big boy. When he hits you it is going to hurt. Plus you know, he had fifty or sixty pounds on Randy."

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Tim-Sylvia-wants-to-come-back-to-UFC,-fight-Lesnar.html

Sorry, but he is and never was that good, imo.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carano - Cyborg Winner to be Named First Female Champ (http://www.mmalinker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33620#p643601)

It’s been three months since StrikeForce acquired ProElite’s assets, however it wasn’t until this past Saturday at Strikeforce: Lawler vs. Shields that the San Jose-based organization announced that have come to terms with female superstar, Gina Carano.
“We look forward to having Gina back, and I think that Showtime and CBS did a fantastic job of teeing up this fight so that it’s a relevant fight in the sport,” Coker stated of their latest signing.

Before ProElite’s demise, EliteXC had tentatively scheduled the highly anticipated Carano vs. Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos bout for this past November, however due to their financial woes, they were forced to scrap the show.

Now that Coker officially has full access to both female sensations, he fully intends to pick up where EliteXC left off, as he will throw Carano immediately into the cage against Cyborg to headline their August 15 promotion.

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/0608/416745/scott_coker/index.shtml

WAR Carano!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana on Cro-Cop's 1 fight deal "I've never done this before" (http://www.mmalinker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33712#p645893)

When Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic returns from a nearly two-year break from the organization and fights at UFC 99, he'll do so under an unprecedented one-fight deal.

UFC President Dana White confirmed the unusual arrangement during a recent media call with the Filipovic (24-6-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC), who takes on Mustapha Al-Turk (6-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) in a UFC 99 televised main-card bout.

"In this history of the company, I've never done this with anybody ever," White said of the deal. "I've never done that ever in nine years of being in this business."

White, currently in Germany for Saturday's pay-per-view event at Cologne's Lanxess Arena, said Filipovic's return resulted from a simple call the fighter made to him.

"When Mirko and I talked on the phone, the day that he said that he wanted to come back, let me tell you he was all fired up and basically saying, 'Listen, I got my surgery, I've been training, I want this, I want to come back, I want to win that title, and I want to take a run at it,'" said White, who estimated the deal was reached in just three days' time.

Filipovic, a longtime PRIDE fighter perhaps best known for winning the organization's 2006 Open-Weight Grand Prix, entered the UFC in 2007, when he was still ranked as one of the world's very top heavyweights. However, after a win over Eddie Sanchez in his UFC debut, the Croatian fighter suffered back-to-back losses to Gabriel Gonzaga (via stunning head-kick KO) and Cheick Kongo.

The UFC and the 34-year-old fighter split ways soon after, though both sides said it was a temporary split and that the ultimate goal was for "Cro Cop" to return to the UFC. Filipovic has since competed three times for DREAM, going 2-0 (with a no-contest with Alistair Overeem). Filipovic said he wanted to return to the UFC, where he knows he failed to live up to expectations, especially with the UFC heading to Europe for Germany's first-ever UFC card.

"I owe a lot to the UFC and to the UFC fans," he said. "I owe a lot. ... (The) UFC was the black spot in my career and in my life, and I'm the man who dedicates his life to fighting, and I just want ... to justify the (trust) Dana White gave me two years ago and calling me to UFC after I went from PRIDE."

Filipovic repeatedly tried to dodge questions about his health during his first UFC stint. He began to discuss some injuries but cut himself short and said he didn't want to make any excuses. However, he said he's entering Saturday's bout fully healthy following recent knee surgery, in good spirits and with a sound mind. White said any decisions about his future in the organization after UFC 99 will be made after the show is over.

"I just want to return – to return to the top, and I just want to prove everyone that they were wrong," Filipovic said. "They were wrong. I just hope that God will give me the strength that I can prove my worth. I don't like to talk too much now on the phone about it because I have to prove my worth in the cage.

"And that's exactly what I'm going to do."

Now that Dana has done what he said he would never do, sign a fighter to a one fight deal, I think this paves the way to get Fedor in the door!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrei Arlovski realizes Boxing doesnt translate well to MMA (http://www.mmalinker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33709#p645845)

Great article here: http://www.watchkalibrun.com/2009/6/10/905086/andrei-arlovski-realizes-boxing

"Whatever it was Arlovski has learned the error of his ways. He posted this comment on his official website,

I focused too much on boxing and not enough on the wrestling and jiu-jitsu. It wasn't right. It's another thing I have to think about. MMA is not boxing. I have to change something. I don't understand this question about my chin. When you open your face for four or five punches it doesn't matter your chin, you will get KOed. Rogers was great, he did what he did. I took the fight and I got my ass kicked, it's that simple. It's embarrassing, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I have to move on. I'm definitely going to come back.

For the fledgling boxer the knockout loss to Rogers was even worse now that it has prevented him from making his debut on June 27th."

ActionAndy
06-10-2009, 05:16 PM
I was never big on Arlovski until the Fedor fight, and then he really started to grow on me. I mean yeah, he lost that one too, but he was fighting well. Really hard to see him get blasted so quickly by a guy I'd never heard of (Rogers)...Here's hoping he makes a comeback.

Ken
06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
UFC 99 - This card should blow the doors off the building. No titles here but it would be shocking if any of these fights lacked excitement and made it to a decision.

Rich Franklin Vs. Wanderlei Silva
Cheick Kongo Vs. Cain Velasquez
Mike Swick Vs. Ben Saunders
Marcus Davis Vs. Dan Hardy
Spencer Fisher Vs. Caol Uno
Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Mostapha Al Turk

TriStar
06-11-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm especially looking forward to the Davis vs Hardy fight. I love a good grudge match and with all the hate these two guys have for each other - I hope it's a war.

ActionAndy
06-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I want to see Cro Cop pull someone's heart out and show it to them....LOL

Tw3nty
06-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Faber is one tough dude to keep fighting with this: OUCH!!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/njlockset/faberhand.jpg

WEC 41 AWARDS AND BONUSES
(All awards include a $10,000 bonus for each fighter.)

WEC 41 Fight of the Night
Mike Brown and Urijah Faber

WEC 41 Knockout of the Night
Jose Aldo

WEC 41 Submission of the Night
Seth Dikun

That x-ray is crazy. I cant believe he fought as many rounds as he did with that break. He is a stud.

LasciviousXXX
06-12-2009, 07:41 AM
I want to see Cro Cop pull someone's heart out and show it to them....LOL

Flawless Victory! :r

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/6742/552945-mkla0140_super.png

ActionAndy
06-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Flawless Victory! :r

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/6742/552945-mkla0140_super.png

Post fight interview with Joe Rogan would be pretty bizarre...

trader1974
06-12-2009, 08:12 AM
I hope CroCop has his head on straight this time around. I just rewatched his open weight grand prix fights against Wandy and Barnett and they were awesome. Kind of hard to believe he took out those two in the same night. I especially liked the body kicks to Barnett, wicked!:banger

NCRadioMan
06-12-2009, 08:39 AM
UFC 99 - This card should blow the doors off the building. No titles here but it would be shocking if any of these fights lacked excitement and made it to a decision.

Agreed. This is a great card. I agree with your picks too, Ken. Except I think Swick will take Saunders.

Rich Franklin Vs. Wanderlei Silva
Cheick Kongo Vs. Cain Velasquez (tough one)
Mike Swick Vs. Ben Saunders
Marcus Davis Vs. Dan Hardy
Spencer Fisher Vs. Caol Uno
Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Mostapha Al Turk

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/8431-UFC99_Poster.jpg

BengalMan
06-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks to Frank Trigg on Twitter I found out two of main card fights. Then I open up a message on Blackberry Messenger to find out the result of the main event. Glad everyone ruined my night, bastards.

BengalMan
06-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Tim Sylvia's career is over. What a clown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqK6yJaE4mY&feature=player_embedded

NCRadioMan
06-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Great show, on paper. What a dog of an event, imo. None of the fights lived up to what I expected.

Tim Sylvia = joke (for a long time now)

trader1974
06-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Had to laugh seeing Big Timmay going down in 10 seconds flat.

BengalMan
06-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Had to laugh seeing Big Timmay going down in 10 seconds flat.

lol, agreed.

trader1974
06-16-2009, 12:11 PM
So is CroCop back in the UFC or not, Dana says he signed with Dream but CroCop says he did not. Hated to see the way his fight finished with the eye poke and all. I think it would have ended the same anyway but I never like a controversial finish.

LasciviousXXX
06-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Word on the street is that CroCop is finishing up his negotiations with DREAM right now but doesn't want to say anything until its finalized. One things for sure though, he's effectively pissed off Dana White :r

TriStar
06-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Looks like it's been confirmed :r

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15218/report-dream-official-confirms-signing-mirko-cro-cop-filipovic-to-post-ufc-99-deal.mma

NCRadioMan
06-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Word on the street is that CroCop is finishing up his negotiations with DREAM right now but doesn't want to say anything until its finalized. One things for sure though, he's effectively pissed off Dana White :r
He announced a 3 year deal with DREAM in his UFC post fight presser. Dana is super pissed and said the Mirko "f'ed him".

Dana on Tim Sylvia:

"Are you kidding me? He seriously wants to return to the UFC?. He hasn't won a fight in years and when he did he usually put everyone to sleep. The only time he's in an exciting fight is when he's getting his [expletive"> ass handed to him. Look, he just got beat by a near 50 year old in under 10 [expletive"> seconds. How do you expect to be taken seriously after that? He just made MMA look like a complete joke. If he has any hopes of ending his career in (the) UFC he will have to go on TUF. There's no other way he's getting in."

NCRadioMan
06-17-2009, 02:25 AM
"I whooped that ass. I mastered my game and his. No days to train, two days notice. You aint sh*t, Tim!" - Ray Mercer

UFC THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER TEAM US vs.TEAM UK FINALE (http://www.mmalinker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33792#p648184)
6-20-09 (This Saturday)

Diego Sanchez Vs. Clay Guida
Chris Lytle Vs. Kevin Burns
Joe Stevenson Vs. Nate Diaz
Plus TUF fights

I like these match-ups!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Herb Dean to oversee Lesnar vs. Mir II, Steve Mazzagatti draws St. Pierre vs. Alves

Veteran referees Herb Dean and Steve Mazzagatti have been officially appointed as the third men in the cage for the UFC's upcoming title fights.

Dean will oversee the heavyweight title unification match at UFC 100 between current champion Brock Lesnar and interim title-holder Frank Mir, while Mazzagatti will referee the same card's welterweight title fight between champion Georges St. Pierre and challenger Thiago Alves,

The decision was made at the Nevada State Athletic Commission's June meeting, and NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer confirmed the appointments on Tuesday's edition of "GoodSports," co-hosted by MMAjunkie.com Radio's George Garcia.

UFC 100 takes place July 11 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The two title fights cap off an 11-fight card for the UFC that also includes "The Ultimate Fighter 9" coaches Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping squaring off in a middleweight bout.

UFC president Dana White has openly criticized Mazzagatti's performance on multiple occasions, including as recently as Friday's UFC 99 Fan Club Q&A session in Cologne, Germany.

Despite White's concerns, Kizer said he has no problem with appointing Mazzagatti – who works as a firefighter when he's not in the cage – to one of the sport's most important contests.

"I don't know why Steve's got such a bad rap from Dana," Kizer said. "All I can think of is Steve, as a fireman, he has paramedic training. I think compared to the other referees, he probably knows better if a guy is hurt or not."

Kizer also said Mario Yamasaki and Yves Lavigne would be in charge of additional bouts on the UFC 100 card, while Dean, Mazzagatti, Josh Rosenthal and Kim Winslow are working Saturday night's The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale at The Pearl at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas.

kayaker
06-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Dana on Tim Sylvia:

" If he has any hopes of ending his career in (the) UFC he will have to go on TUF. There's no other way he's getting in."

Ha! That would be funny...Tim Sylvia vs. Kimbo Slice in the TUF 10 Finale.

Do you think Tim would do it? Former Champ takes the low road back...

TriStar
06-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Do you think Tim would do it? Former Champ takes the low road back...

I hope not. He was boring as hell to watch fight.

NCRadioMan
06-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Ha! That would be funny...Tim Sylvia vs. Kimbo Slice in the TUF 10 Finale.

That sounds like the worst fight ever! But then again, they could make it a "Loser leaves town match". :r

ActionAndy
06-17-2009, 11:57 AM
That sounds like the worst fight ever! But then again, they could make it a "Loser leaves town match". :r

And the winner drives him...LOL

chippewastud79
06-17-2009, 12:27 PM

Neither of them would make it that far. Too many hungry young punks out there fighting for a meal. Kimbo made a few buck on some bootleg stuff and now he is back to the streets fighting for $100. Tim made some dough fighting UFC and now has been relegated to the couch. The peak in MMA is short lived and you can only fight at the top for so long, Tim's time was short and Kimbo was never going to get there. :tu

ActionAndy
06-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Neither of them would make it that far. Too many hungry young punks out there fighting for a meal. Kimbo made a few buck on some bootleg stuff and now he is back to the streets fighting for $100. Tim made some dough fighting UFC and now has been relegated to the couch. The peak in MMA is short lived and you can only fight at the top for so long, Tim's time was short and Kimbo was never going to get there. :tu

I never once enjoyed watching Tim Sylvia fight. He was boring and his wobbly legs annoyed the hell out of me. I'm aware that hating a fighter based on his legs is shallow, but I also don't care--he was plodding, slow, and goofy. Good riddance.

kayaker
06-17-2009, 01:19 PM
I never once enjoyed watching Tim Sylvia fight. He was boring and his wobbly legs annoyed the hell out of me. I'm aware that hating a fighter based on his legs is shallow, but I also don't care--he was plodding, slow, and goofy. Good riddance.

I hear you. Although his first 2 fights with Arlovski were pretty good. After that, he went downhill.

I'd like to see Arlovski get his fire back. He was usually more entertaining. and I love the fangs.:banger

Ken
06-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Who's more pissed at Timmy than Paul Buentello? Sylvia has been pulled from the Affliction 3 card, a fight that Buentello wanted. Loved seeing him go lights-out.

NCRadioMan
06-20-2009, 08:43 PM
UFC THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER TEAM US vs.TEAM UK FINALE (http://www.mmalinker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33792#p648184)
6-20-09 (This Saturday)

Diego Sanchez Vs. Clay Guida
Chris Lytle Vs. Kevin Burns
Joe Stevenson Vs. Nate Diaz
Plus TUF fights

I like these match-ups!

As usual, these free fights on Spike are better than the ppv. Right now the Lytle/Burns fight is really good and the previous fights have been good too.

NCRadioMan
06-20-2009, 09:57 PM
WOW! Guida/Diego was a great fight! The first time I don't pull for Diego and he looks amazing and got the split decision. I still love to see Guida fight!

BengalMan
06-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Yeah the Guida and Diego fight was an all out WAR. Helluva card!

Ken
06-21-2009, 08:16 PM
As usual, these free fights on Spike are better than the ppv. .....The first time I don't pull for Diego and he looks amazing
This TUF Finale card could top a lot of PPVs, though UFC 99 was pretty good.

I didn't think J. Stevenson had a chance against Diaz, but after his poor performance in his last fight he really turned it on. I think he looked at the Guida fight and seen the weaknesses of Diaz and being around to control him with better wrestling.

I'm with you on Diego, I really don't care much for the guy but he came out ready for war. Those two guys looked like dogs ready to rip each other apart. Any one Diego's path has some to worry about.

The fights last night were great.

kgoings
06-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Yea great card! The Diego Guida fight was the best I have seen in a long time. I could not BELIEVE that Clay got up from that kick to the face. Dude has a chin made of stone!

NCRadioMan
06-24-2009, 12:32 AM
MMA News! Long post, beware! lol

Tim Sylvia recently gave his thoughts on his humiliating ten second loss at the hands of 48 year old former heavyweight boxing champion Ray Mercer in Birmingham, AL last Saturday.

"I'm bummed out, you know," Sylvia admitted on HDNet's Inside MMA last night. "I played into his hands. He was talking a lot of crap about if I would be a man and stand up with him.

"I stood up with a boxer, you know," he continued. "When he's in my world, it was stupid of me."

Sylvia's comments about only standing up with Mercer because be was baited by the former boxing heavyweight champion would make sense, except for the fact that the bout had been scheduled to be a boxing match until two days prior to the show, when the bout was changed to MMA due to sanctioning problems.

Meanwhile, Ray Mercer noted that he came out ahead when the cards were stacked against him.

"I didn't get time to warm up," Mercer noted after the fight. "Everything was against me. Two days ago, this was a boxing match. They changed it, and made it MMA and I whooped that ass!"

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/0620/420561/tim_sylvia/index.shtml
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bas Rutten has stayed quiet about the reasons he stopped training Kimbo Slice after his fight with Seth Petruzelli, where the YouTube sensation got knocked out in just 14 seconds of the first round. With Kimbo now competing on the next season of The Ultimate Fighter, El Guapo finally broke his silence with Fighter's Only Magazine.
"I misjudged him, he turned into a whole different person," Rutten told the magazine. "I told him a few weeks ago, I had a sit down with him. I told him that he was an asshole and that I have zero respect [for him] and I cant train people that I have no respect for. Can't ever.

"He just turned into a different guy," Rutten continued. "He didn't need to do the things that I told him to do. He wasn't going to go to the ground, you know? The day before the [Petruzelli] fight, I told him I wanted to go over heel hooks and escapes, and he said "Nah, its not going to go to the ground". I said 'Ha, I like that attitude - but what if it does go to the ground?' but he said 'Its not going to go'. So I said OK, but don't let me tell you 'I told you so' if he snaps your ****in' leg in half. He said 'I don't know if that's a good thing for you to be telling me mentally, before a fight'! I said 'I don't think its a good thing for you not to be doing what I tell you, before the fight"!

Rutten went on to note that he has no interest in Kimbo's career, feeling his work ethic leaves a lot to be desired.

"He learned some things but he started to forget them. In the Thompson fight he did some great escapes in round number one but once fatigue hit him, he didn't do anything," Bas stated.

"And what I didn't like about the Thompson fight as well was he said afterwards 'Yeah, we planned on fighting three rounds' and I told him 'Don't say that, you were lucky the referee didn't stop the fight in the second round'. Don't say we planned to fight three rounds, it wasn't a plan."

Bas finished by saying that he will not coach students who will not listen to him.

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/0619/420359/bas_rutten/index.shtml

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The UFC dished out three "Fight of the Night" honors as three exciting fights were clearly worthy of the bonuses.

Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida, Chris Lytle vs. Kevin Burns and Joe Stevenson vs. Nate Diaz each were named the evening's "Fights of the Night," meanwhile, Jason Dent got Submission of the Night and Tomasz Drwal earned "Knockout of the Night" honors.

No, Chris Lytle did not tap out during this past Saturday's co-"Fight of the Night" bout with Kevin Burns at The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale.

Soon after the June 20 fight aired live on Spike TV and Lytle was awarded a unanimous-decision win, MMA forums lit up with claims stating that veteran fighter tapped out late in the first round after Burns connected on a solid uppercut and took the fight to the mat.

Approximately four minutes into the fight, after a timeout was given to Lytle because of an accidental groin kick, Burns connected on a crisp uppercut and forced the fight to the ground. Lytle was on his knees as Burns threw punches from above. A replay of the fight shows Lytle's left arm moving in an up and down motion – at most twice – though it's unclear if he was simply protecting his head, securing his balance, waving off the referee, signaling that he was taking illegal hits to the back of the head, or quite possibly even tapping out from the strikes.

Lytle hasn't re-watched the fight, and initially he wasn't even sure when the alleged tap took place. But he's confident he never called an end to the fight.

"I never even thought anything about that," Lytle said when asked about the possibility that he tapped out. "There was never a thought in mind ever to quit. I don't really see why there would have been. But when you look at something like this, it's pretty funny people would say something like that. I'm spinning around and trying to post up. I know [Burns] is in a position where he can throw punches. ... These are people who've never been in a position to get punched, and they're not understanding that you have to block.

"I've been around (MMA) for 11 years, and I've tapped in practice. You tap three times ... on the ground to let [your partner] know."

http://ikrazy.com/mixedmartialarts/index.php/topic,587.0.html

"Watching Fedor Emelianenko made me nervous tonight," said Josh Barnett about Fedor's bout with Andrei Arlovski at Afflictions "Day of Reckoning". Barnett will face Fedor on August 1st at Affliction M-1 Global's "Trilogy."

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Fedor-making-Josh-Barnett-nervous.html

Barnett has already lost with that attitude.

kayaker
06-24-2009, 07:54 AM
"Watching Fedor Emelianenko made me nervous tonight," said Josh Barnett about Fedor's bout with Andrei Arlovski at Afflictions "Day of Reckoning". Barnett will face Fedor on August 1st at Affliction M-1 Global's "Trilogy."

I think Barnett, or anyone else for that matter, will have to find a balance between being aggressive when he can but to be careful about trying to finish Fedor too quickly. Fedor is a great counter striker and can take a lot of punishment then come back quickly. I think AA had him on the ropes a bit but went for the kill too quickly and got sloppy. You can't be sloppy around Fedor.

My :2.

:tu

Killjoy
06-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Tonight is Lashley vs Bob Sapp...total trainwreck...I will be checking Sherdog instead of paying for this monstrosity...I the fight goes quicker than a box of Anejos at retail

LasciviousXXX
06-27-2009, 12:50 PM
I will be watching Ultimate Chaos tonite via streaming media. Actually looking forward to seeing what Tom Atencio can do in the ring (he's the VP of Affliction).

Should be interesting if nothing else.

NCRadioMan
06-28-2009, 03:02 AM
I will be watching Ultimate Chaos tonite via streaming media. Actually looking forward to seeing what Tom Atencio can do in the ring (he's the VP of Affliction).

Should be interesting if nothing else.

Atencio didn't look bad at all but I don't know about the stoppage. That was uber-weak. We need Atencio vs. Dana. :r

Chris "The Polish Hammer" Horodecki is really good. Been watching him since he was in the IFL.

Bob Sapp is a shell of his former self but I think Bobby Lashley could be really good. For his next fight, I would like to see him take on somebody that could test him.

trader1974
06-28-2009, 06:23 AM
I thought Atencio looked pretty good. I'm not sure about that stoppage either but who knows. I thought they Sapp/Lashley fight was very disappointing, Sapp just kind of galloped into the takedown right out of the gate and that was pretty much it, lol.

NCRadioMan
06-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I thought Atencio looked pretty good. I'm not sure about that stoppage either but who knows. I thought they Sapp/Lashley fight was very disappointing, Sapp just kind of galloped into the takedown right out of the gate and that was pretty much it, lol.
Yeah, Sapp pretty much looks for a payday anymore. His heart is no longer in the game, imo.

LasciviousXXX
06-28-2009, 11:36 AM
I was never a big fan of Sapp at any point. The guy is just a hulking mass and used that to overwhelm his opponents. No skill involved IMO.

However, I did sincerely feel bad for the guy when he fought CroCop and got caught with that wicked hit that left him crying on the ground. Poor big fella

trader1974
06-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I think the ref was a little slow on the draw in the Yvel vs Rizzo fight. It was gruesome watching his head bounce off the canvas like that.(although I couldn't turn away either, lol).

NCRadioMan
06-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Vitor Belfort Comments On Fight With Anderson Silva

MMAConvert recently reported the following quote from current Affliction Middleweight Vitor Belfort:

Anderson is a great friend of mine and a big champion but Im looking for this . . .I cannot comment much on this right now but yeah, I always want to fight the best fighters. Of course it wont be a pleasure [being Silvas friend"> but there isnt another way at all in the sport. Kaka and Ronaldinho (Brazilian soccer players) are friends and have faced each other many times. It is part of my work and I need it to afford milk to the children at homeUFC is the most recognizable event and Im doing my job to go back. Being recognized there again is my biggest dream right now. Im on the right way either for the results in the ring or to the life. Im an eternal warrior. - Vitor Belfort in interview with OUL Esporte of Brazil

This quote sheds at least some light on Vitors mindset towards returning to the self-proclaimed Super Bowl of Mixed Martial Arts. UFC President Dana White has already made his intentions known in signing the former UFC heavyweight and light heavyweight champion recently, announcing at the TUF 9 Finale his desire to bring The Phenom back into the UFC middleweight division to take on division kingpin, Anderson Silva.

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/0630/423393/vitor_belfort/index.shtml

I would like to see that fight.

NCRadioMan
07-01-2009, 10:34 PM
UFC announces four grappling superfights for Fan Expo 2009

While it may be of little solace to heartbroken Limp Bizkit fans, grappling enthusiasts will be thrilled to learn of the UFC's latest addition to the organization's first-ever fan expo.

While Limp Bizkit recently canceled their previously scheduled concert, Bill Cooper, Ulysses Gomez, Jeff Glover, Vinicius Magalhaes, Fredson Paixao, Rumina Sato and Joe Stevenson will take part in grappling superfights as part of the weekend's Grapplers Quest tournament.

The UFC Fan Expo 2009, held in conjunction with UFC 100, takes place July 10 and 11 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
UFC announces four grappling superfights for Fan Expo 2009 in Las Vegas

On Friday, July 10, "The Ultimate Fighter 8" cast member Magalhaes will meet an opponent yet to be determined. While Magalhaes has struggled recently in MMA contests, "Pezao" is an eight-time medalist at the Brazilian jiu-jitsu world championships.

That day's main event will see Gomez, a four-time Palace Fighting Championship veteran and multiple-time grappling champion, meet Shooto legend and 40-fight MMA veteran Sato.

On Saturday, WEC contender and four-time Brazilian jiu-jitsu world champion Paixao meets 22-time Grapplers Quest champion Glover.

Additionally, UFC lightweight contender Stevenson, who recently defeated Nate Diaz on the main card of June's The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale, meets Cooper, a 22-year-old jiu-jitsu black belt that has earned 24 Grapplers Quest titles.

The grappling superfights are just one of several activities including autograph opportunities, training sessions and product demonstrations available during the fan expo.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15380/ufc-announces-four-grappling-superfights-for-fan-expo-2009-in-las-vegas.mma

Sounds like a win/win to me. No whining Fred Durst and grappling. :tu

LasciviousXXX
07-05-2009, 11:48 AM
WHOA!

Big news here (http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Lorenzo-Fertitta-Visits-Cro-Cop-In-Croatia-Makes-Offer-He-Cant-Refuse.html) on CroCop

An unprecedented move

Oh and Tito wants to fight Fedor....here (http://www.mmanews.com/other/Tito-Ortiz-Eyes-Match-With-Fedor-By-The-Middle-Of-2010.html) :r
What a tool!

NCRadioMan
07-05-2009, 01:59 PM
WHOA!

Big news here (http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Lorenzo-Fertitta-Visits-Cro-Cop-In-Croatia-Makes-Offer-He-Cant-Refuse.html) on CroCop

An unprecedented move

Oh and Tito wants to fight Fedor....here (http://www.mmanews.com/other/Tito-Ortiz-Eyes-Match-With-Fedor-By-The-Middle-Of-2010.html) :r
What a tool!

Holy chit! I bet Dana is hot about that! :r

Tito = yesterday's news
I hope they do fight just to see Fedor rip him a new one.

NCRadioMan
07-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Bobby Lashley vs. Don Frye in September!!

Lashley, who trains with American Top Team, told the Sherdog Radio Networks Beatdown show he wants to fight twice more in 2009, with the next bout in late August or September. MMA pioneer Don Frye told Fight Network Radio hes in negotiations to fight Lashley, who revealed plans earlier this year to compete inside the Florida-based Extreme Fighting Championship promotion in September.

NCRadioMan
07-07-2009, 01:04 AM
One was perhaps the greatest light heavyweight of all-time, a feared striker who ruled the 205-pound weight class with an iron right hand and in doing so became mixed martial arts first crossover superstar.

The other was his close friend, a visionary who helped create a brand that is now synonymous with the sport, but who did it not with a ruthless business sense, but with an infectious enthusiasm and an attitude that could light up a room.

On Friday, July 10th, the UFC Hall of Fame inducts its two newest members, former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell and TapouT co-founder, the late, Charles "Mask" Lewis.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=20983

kgoings
07-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Cant wait for this weekends event!

UFC Heavyweight Championship
Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir Hopefully Mir can win again

UFC Welterweight Championship
Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves Love the Pitbull!

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping Can't stand Bisping!
Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher
Stephan Bonnar vs. Mark Coleman
Jim Miller vs. Mac Danzig
Dong Hyun Kim vs. T.J. Grant
Jon Jones vs. Jake O’Brien
CB Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor
Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty

Its going to be a great night of fighting!

TriStar
07-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Can't wait either! Sickest card ever :D

Here's my picks:

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Cheering for Mir, but Brock is the type of guy who will hold the title for a long time.

Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves - Have to go with the hometown boy as always :tu

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping Can't stand Bisping, but I feel an upset...

goalie204
07-09-2009, 05:25 AM
ppl are crazy if they think alves will beat gsp

ActionAndy
07-09-2009, 10:19 AM

I want to see the floor of the cage mopped up with Thiago's tears >=(

BengalMan
07-10-2009, 07:47 AM
GSP is fighting, I forgot how much goalie jocks him, lol.

Anyways, tomorrow's card is going to be amazing. I think the Mir Lesnar fight is going to be faster than people think. Ultimately, I think Mir will once catch an over zealous Brock in a submission.

As far as the GSP fight goes, Alves is far superior in striking, much bigger, much stronger (Alves projected to walk into the ring at around 197-200 lbs) I think this fight has the ability to go 5 rounds and be boring. Why? Because despite GSP saying he'll stand and bang with Alves, he won't because he'll get put to sleep. Ultimately, I think GSP will take down Alves fairly at will, and unfortunately this may turn into a lay-n-pray snooze fest.

The Hendo and Bisping fight is a toss up to me. I believe Hendo is the superior fighter and will ultimately win, however it's hard for me to call this one.

I hope we get to see the Jon Jones fight as well as the Coleman/Bonnar fight. I think it's hysterical that Coleman comes back, gets put into the UFC Hall of Fame, and is now relinquished to the non-televised under card.

BengalMan
07-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Love you picks Kurt, however the only one I'm changing is Jon Jones getting the W. This guy is the future at LHW, and I'm thinking after this fight, he propels himself into some serious main card fights. I believe Bonnar and Coleman will be a war as they both need to win. I'm with you though in that Bonnar gets the win.

Cant wait for this weekends event!

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping Can't stand Bisping!

Its going to be a great night of fighting!

12stones
07-10-2009, 08:15 AM
I can't wait to see this card!! Here's some more predictions:

http://www.faniq.com/blog/UFC-100-Preview-And-Predictions-Frank-Mir-vs-Brock-Lesnar-Georges-St-Pierre-vs-Thiago-Alves-Blog-26708

ActionAndy
07-10-2009, 08:37 AM
I give Mir less than %20 on this one. I'm not a Lesnar fan...actually I'm not a fan of any current heavyweight other than Fedor. It's just that I can't think of a way for Mir to harm Brock. Yes he caught him in a sub, but how long ago was that? Lesnar should have been training nonstop against that sort of thing, I just can't see it happening twice. But hopefully it's an exciting fight.

kayaker
07-10-2009, 09:45 AM
As far as the GSP fight goes, Alves is far superior in striking, much bigger, much stronger (Alves projected to walk into the ring at around 197-200 lbs)

Yeah, but let's see if he makes weight this time. :tu

I still think GSP will man handle him. In training he gives Rashad Evans and guys that size a lot of trouble with regards to wrestling .

I think there will be a decisive win by GSP.

TriStar
07-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Ultimately, I think GSP will take down Alves fairly at will, and unfortunately this may turn into a lay-n-pray snooze fest.

Not once has GSP been on top and simply played the lay-n-pray strategy. He doesn't stop working when he's on top and Alves' face will look like Fitch's after tomorrow night.

TriStar
07-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Just in case anyone forgot how Fitch's face looked like when GSP was on top for nearly the entire fight:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h279/snide_2006/n514643275_661630_557.jpg

Steelergar
07-10-2009, 11:29 AM
thats an ugly picture, alves should give gsp a challenge. dont forget about paul thiago that could be a future champ. and he is already a primetime guy in only his second ufc appearance. Fitch's face might get rearanged again.

Steelergar
07-10-2009, 11:30 AM
thats an ugly picture, alves should give gsp a challenge. dont forget about paul thiago, he could be a future champ. and he is already a primetime guy in only his second ufc appearance. Fitch's face might get rearanged again.

goalie204
07-10-2009, 11:51 AM
GSP is fighting, I forgot how much goalie jocks him, lol.

As far as the GSP fight goes, Alves is far superior in striking, much bigger, much stronger (Alves projected to walk into the ring at around 197-200 lbs) I think this fight has the ability to go 5 rounds and be boring. Why? Because despite GSP saying he'll stand and bang with Alves, he won't because he'll get put to sleep. Ultimately, I think GSP will take down Alves fairly at will, and unfortunately this may turn into a lay-n-pray snooze fest.

I've been following gsp for a LONG time. Anyway, he's going to destroy alves.

NCRadioMan
07-10-2009, 12:56 PM

Two words: Matt Serra ;) Anything can happen though I think GSP will win.

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping

ActionAndy
07-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Two words: Matt Serra ;) Anything can happen though I think GSP will win.

I really want a win for Mac Danzig. Sick of seeing him lose.

Ken
07-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - I want a rubber match. I think the match of is quite interesting. Won't go past the 2nd round either by Grape Ape poundage or a skilled sub.
Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves - Alves has the big punch but holds nothing else over GSP. But that big punch can ruin your night.
Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - Even though Hendo is getting up in the years Bisping hasn't fought anyone close to his caliber. We'll see how good he thinks he is after this fight.
Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago -oddly enough
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Good fight. Everyone thought Kang would run over Belcher.
Jim Miller vs.Mac Danzig - Yeah, probably, though I hope I'm wrong.

Not once has GSP been on top and simply played the lay-n-pray strategy. He doesn't stop working when he's on top and Alves' face will look like Fitch's after tomorrow night.
:tpd: GSP is an active ground guy and puts a hurting on people. Lay-n-pray didn't force Serra to tap or make BJ 'the man ready to die' Penn unable to walk out of his corner at the bell.

P.S. - I did like the knee-bar Mir put on Lesnar in their 1st fight, so if I see that again I will neither be surprised nor disappointed.

Steelergar
07-11-2009, 01:17 AM
I hope Akiyama loses, that guy is a coward. He has been caught greasing up with vasaline before against Sakauraba.

Savvy
07-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir Hopefully Mir can win, should be a good one.

Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves

I'm in Germany right now, anyone know where I can stream this at about 3am here haha.

BengalMan
07-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Everyone is saying that Mir's submission was lucky, random, etc. In a way it was, however, Mir is one of the BEST BJJ submission artists in the game today. He is VERY comfortable on his back and on top, and as we saw in the Nog fight, Mir's striking has IMPROVED vastly. I don't think the first sub on Brock was a fluke, it was Mir waiting for the time to take advantage of his far superior ground game. One thing though is Brock is VERY fast and has an excellent wrestling game. This fight should be very interesting with Brock's superior size, strength, and wrestling, however Mir's superior striking and BJJ. Either way this fight is going to be a war, and I have a feeling will end before the end of round 3.

The Alves/GSP fight is going to be good. I'm eager to see both their game plans. I'm not doubting that GSP is a BEAST and is very well rounded, but I think this is his biggest challenge yet.

I'm not impressed with Paulo Thiago at all. He was dominated the whole fight till he landed that shot on Koscheck that put him out. Now he faces Fitch, a bigger and better wrestler than Kos. I just don't see Thiago coming out of this one with a W.

I really hope Jon Jones wins, if he does, I think he'll get a big push into contention at LHW and onto main cards. Jake O'Brien is the exact definition of lay and pray though. He's one of the most boring fighters I've seen, the question is will Jones be able to stop Jake's takedown's and his superior wrestling.

TriStar
07-11-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm in Germany right now, anyone know where I can stream this at about 3am here haha.

Legally, you can purchase off of Yahoo, they stream every UFC online. Illegally, I'm not sure. I hear the free streams are crap anyways might as well wait a day or two and get the PPV.

BengalMan
07-11-2009, 09:48 PM
What a KO by Hendo! He was charging that right hand ALL FIGHT. GSP straight dominated Alves and IMO the only fighter in the world that has a chance of beating him right now is Anderson and I think we'll see that fight sooner than later. Looking forward to see the fight that laced the mat FULL of blood.

goalie204
07-11-2009, 10:31 PM
called the gsp fight, that was an easy one.

Brock is a stupid dick, and an immature champion. He's far from an ambassador to the sport as champion the way gsp, silva and machida are.

Comicbookfreak
07-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Brock pulled that horseshoe outta Mir's ass and beat him over the head with it. :r Mir got lucky the first time cause the ref pulled Brock off of him after some BS supposed shots to the back of the head. Mir was not that lucky this time. Mir was exposed for the over rated fighter he has always been. Guess Brock proved that pro wrestlers ain't as fake as some people might think. Glad Brock shut the over rated Mir up. Brock will continue to improve with his superior work ethic. Now let's see Fedor and Brock fight that would be a great fight and probably the only person in the MMA world that could give Brock a decent challenge or beat him at this point.

Comicbookfreak
07-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Brock is a stupid dick, and an immature champion. He's far from an ambassador to the sport as champion the way gsp, silva and machida are.

Brock is a showman and puts asses in the seats and sells PPV's that's what the UFC is about selling tickets and PPV's not being a nice warm and fuzzy champ. Screw being an ambassador, I would rather see a beast with a win at all cost, beat the chit outta the other guy attitude. "The Next Big Thing" is that. It's war in there not a how do i come off looking to the public contest.

I wonder if Brock's Coors taste good tonight lol Budweiser sucks!!

BengalMan
07-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Brock is a showman and puts asses in the seats and sells PPV's that's what the UFC is about selling tickets and PPV's not being a nice warm and fuzzy champ. Screw being an ambassador, I would rather see a beast with a win at all cost, beat the chit outta the other guy attitude. "The Next Big Thing" is that.

I wonder if Brock's Coors taste good tonight lol Budweiser sucks

I'm not even going to comment on your statements. Please go back to watching Monday Night Raw.

Comicbookfreak
07-11-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm not even going to comment on your statements. Please go back to watching Monday Night Raw.

The why did you comment lol. Sore loser huh rofl. Oh and for the record I haven't watched Wrestling in over a year.

BengalMan
07-11-2009, 11:01 PM
The why did you comment lol. Sore loser huh rofl. Oh and for the record I haven't watched Wrestling in over a year.

Nope, I could care less who won. But if you had a clue about how far the UFC has come from all the bullshit that it faced years ago, then you would know that Lesnar's actions and comments did nothing but put the sport back. But congrats on not watching the WWE in over a year. Good look.

goalie204
07-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Nope, I could care less who won. But if you had a clue about how far the UFC has come from all the bullshit that it faced years ago, then you would know that Lesnar's actions and comments did nothing but put the sport back. But congrats on not watching the WWE in over a year. Good look.

Yep.

jquirit
07-11-2009, 11:18 PM

You can thank Dana White for that.

Let's see. The last two to three seasons of TUF? Who did they focus on? All the screw ups and bad boys? How about TUF 10 with Kimbo Slice? How about all the trailers for UFC100 focusing on Lesnar and his poor attitude control?

If they really wanted to improve the image of a product would they really want to focus on the worst angles of it?

Dana knows what sells and he's gonna pander to it as much as possible. I think he's gotten the Don King mentality as any publicity is good publicity, as long as it's inside the ring and appropriately covered and promoted by UFC. To him, it's an ends to a mean.

Hell, look at Dana himself. He's gone off and pissed off so many people with his irresponsible comments. The only person that should be looked at is the guy running the show, and how it's marketed and presented only reflects upon Dana's own attitude.

Comicbookfreak
07-11-2009, 11:29 PM

I have watched the UFC since Royce schooled everyone in the first couple of UFC's. I know the sport well. Lesnar sells tickets and PPV's that's what it has become. Don't get mad cause Lesnar is riding the gravy train. I remember Royce tapping Shammy when shammy was somebody in under 3 minutes with a choke. Let's face it it is all about who sells the most and you can thank Dana and the owners for that. Don't hate the player hate the game bro.

Everyone hated Tito cause he was a "bad boy " but he sold tickets and PPV's.

goalie204
07-11-2009, 11:32 PM
I have watched the UFC since Royce schooled everyone in the first couple of UFC's. I know the sport well. Lesnar sells tickets and PPV's that's what it has become. Don't get mad cause Lesnar is riding the gravy train. I remember Royce tapping Shammy when shammy was somebody in under 3 minutes with a choke. Let's face it it is all about who sells the most and you can thank Dana and the owners for that. Don't hate the player hate the game bro.

Everyone hated Tito cause he was a "bad boy " but he sold tickets and PPV's.

gsp and silva probably sell as many as lesnar, and they don't act like roid rage asshats.

Comicbookfreak
07-11-2009, 11:45 PM
gsp and silva probably sell as many as lesnar, and they don't act like roid rage asshats.

Roids are everywhere in MMA. That's why they test but anything is possible. If lesnar were on the roids he will fail the test eventually . Heck Hendo and Gracie have both tested positive for roids in the past. Of course we know gsp wouldn't cheat or do anything like, say grease up with vasoline. ;) He has been accused of this a couple of times.

Oh and i like watching gsp and I really like watching Silva. Do you remember a healthy young Matt Hughes tapping gsp?

BengalMan
07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Go watch ESPN MMA Live and watch Brock retract all his statements, likely after Dana and the Fertitas busted his ass in private due to is idiotic comments. Lesnar sells PPV's, no doubt about it. He appeals to all the WWE drones and all the MMA fans as well. No one is denying that. But to defend his classless behavior is simply foolish. Dana and the Fertitas obviously agree based on Brock's appearance on MMA Live.

Yup, Hughes beat GSP back in the day, so what? GSP is now one of the most dominant P4P fighters ever in MMA.

Comicbookfreak
07-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Yup, Hughes beat GSP back in the day, so what? GSP is now one of the most dominant P4P fighters ever in MMA.

Never said he wasn't a great fighter i like watching gsp. Would like to see him and Anderson Silva. Would have liked to see gsp fight in one of the Pride Grand Prix those were awesome or even some of the earlier UFC fights where they had to fight 2-3 times a night to win like Royce did.

goalie204
07-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Roids are everywhere in MMA. That's why they test but anything is possible. If lesnar were on the roids he will fail the test eventually . Heck Hendo and Gracie have both tested positive for roids in the past. Of course we know gsp wouldn't cheat or do anything like, say grease up with vasoline. ;) He has been accused of this a couple of times.

Oh and i like watching gsp and I really like watching Silva. Do you remember a healthy young Matt Hughes tapping gsp?

I didn't say or imply that he was on the roids. I said "ACT LIKE roid rage asshats" referring to his behavior. I could have easily said "act like a psychotic asshat" or a "pre-pubescent asshat"

bigloo
07-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Lesnar is an ass and hurt the UFC last night. As their most visible star, he should be acting like a sportsman and not a showman, this is UFc and not WWE. Dana white must have ripped him a massive new one because Lesnar showed up at the press conference apologetic drinking a Bud light! The UFC is battling for legitimacy and Lesnar hurts that. I think he is currently untouchable in the ring, he destroyed Mir last night, but outside the ring he can do more damage then he is worth. He is an asshole, not a sportsman and has about as much class as that horseshoe he was talking about.

BORIStheBLADE
07-12-2009, 11:15 AM
The UFC is battling for legitimacy and Lesnar hurts that. .

That exactly why I don't like the guy. He should pay attention to how these guys act while at work, and he wonders why he gets boo's.

Starscream
07-12-2009, 01:47 PM
WWE drones

:hmMaybe I misinterpreted that statement, b/c it's coming off quite offensive to me the way it was said.

BengalMan
07-12-2009, 04:14 PM
:hmMaybe I misinterpreted that statement, b/c it's coming off quite offensive to me the way it was said.

No offense meant.

Starscream
07-12-2009, 05:04 PM
No offense meant.

It's all good, no harm done. It just seems that us wrestling fans get the sh!t treatment by many people (such as Hollywood and the media). We're not all dumb rednecks.:)

12stones
07-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Well, I just got caught up and gotta say that the card lived up to its potential. Out of all the fights, though, the Hendo knockout of Bisping was #1!! Bet Bisping felt like a bloody idiot for constantly circling into Hendo's right hand... um, 15 seconds after his corner chewed his arse about it. Served him right with all the shite talking in TUF.

I like Mir, and he's got skills, but he doesn't have enough ass to back up the shite talking against a monster like Lesnar. It was a shame to see Lesnar lose his cool, because up until last night he was a class act who did his talking in the ring. Last night he came off as a classless redneck, albeit one hopped up on adrenaline. Mir, on the other hand, came off as a good loser. He's not done yet. The talking's all part of the game.

The GSP fight was decent. Alves isn't going to go much further if he doesn't start to broaden his skills. I think, though, that GSP is gonna keep dominating for awhile. I like the idea of him moving up a class...

Overall, fantastic billing and the best of the past few UFCs. I think they were starting to see a big down turn cause 96-99 pretty much sucked.

Steelergar
07-13-2009, 12:14 AM
that was a fun ufc to watch. its amazing that hendo can still knock people out at 38. I think nog could take out lesnar if they match that up.

mojo65
07-13-2009, 12:51 AM
The Bisbing KO was stellar! Looked like Hendo wanted to smash his jaw with the finishing blow.

goalie204
07-13-2009, 05:42 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2009/07/12/lesnar_post_comments/

Ken
07-13-2009, 09:52 AM
WOW! GREAT card.

While I prefer a more toned down interview and more tact used by people, I'm not down too much on Brock for his crazy ass post-fight interview. It turned me off a bit but he's a highly competitive person that gets drawn in by his emotions too much and this was a bad blood situation. We didn't see this after the Couture fight. Thinking he just took the UFC back to the stone ages is a bit of hyperbole. Lesnar is a character and many times when his blood is pumping it's over the top. But lets not act like he's Tank A. or driving a monster truck "rampaging" the streets.

I've just come around to disliking Mir less than before, so I'm still happy to see Brock Grape Ape pound him. Hopefully Lesnar doesn't become a monotoned person. :rolleyes:

Belcher got robbed.

The KO of awesomeness! I don't think Bisping gave Dan enough respect for him being 38 and didn't believe the hype of his KO ability. And he's just a mouthy cocky lad.
http://i27.tinypic.com/282icdj.gif

And Coleman fought like his families next meal was on the line. Good job, Coleman! (And I'm not a fan)

Steelergar
07-13-2009, 09:59 AM
I"m looking foward to DREAM10 on july 20th. there having the finals for their welterweight tournament. andre galvo is in it and he is supposed to dominate that division for a while. he used to train at blackhouse with anderson silva but I heard that team moved to a different location and changed their name. Shinya Aoki is fighting Vitor Ribeiro. I cant remember the last time 2 bjj guys of this caliber met in a mma match. This is why I love DREAM they put the best against the best and do it often. Paul Filho is making he debut to after getting heckled by WEC fans because they dont like his style, but he might get knocked out if he's not off drugs by a hungry melvin manhoef. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/dream_10

Ken
07-13-2009, 09:59 AM
P.S. I really did like the Coors Lite/Bud Lite comment. :r

Steelergar
07-13-2009, 10:18 AM
I just read that Mirko Cro Crop was supposed to be on the card but negotiations fell through when lorenzo fertitta flew to croatia to negotiate a contract. thats pretty big time when the exec of zuffa flys to your home to make a deal. bud light and coors both suck anyway, if you want an american beer drink a microbrew.

BlackDog
07-13-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't know much about UFC, but living here in Minneapolis I've been hearing a lot about Lesnar. As you know, he was a top notch wrestler at the U of M. How come he is so vilified by most UFC fans?

goalie204
07-13-2009, 12:45 PM
because he acts like a jerk.

He was named douche bag of the month at bullshido (a martial arts forums)

BlackDog
07-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I wonder how Muhammad Ali's personality would fare in UFC. I can think of lots of boxers who were jerks. Is the intent of UFC to adopt more of the "respect" attitude of Oriental martial arts? I think that's a good thing, but much different from what most professional fighting has been in the past few decades.

Starscream
07-13-2009, 03:27 PM

He was named douche bag of the month at bullshido (a martial arts forums)

Not saying what he did was right, but I think that Rampage Jackson is a bigger douche than Lesnar.

goalie204
07-13-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't see how you could say that, rampage is even gracious in defeat, and you can tell his style is joking around, unlike lesnar who is very serious about his rage, and just obnoxious.

ActionAndy
07-13-2009, 03:46 PM
lesnar's douchiness just seems so over the top and theatrical. It's like he tried to turn "heel," except this is real athletic competition. You aren't supposed to be a heel or a hero, you're just supposed to compete. Trash talk is normal but giving the crowd the finger and grabbing the microphone to talk about "getting on top of your wife" is WWE stuff.

His wife must have felt like the belle of the ball after that too, btw. Class act.

Starscream
07-13-2009, 03:52 PM
lesnar's douchiness just seems so over the top and theatrical. It's like he tried to turn "heel," except this is real athletic competition. You aren't supposed to be a heel or a hero, you're just supposed to compete. Trash talk is normal but giving the crowd the finger and grabbing the microphone to talk about "getting on top of your wife" is WWE stuff.

His wife must have felt like the belle of the ball after that too, btw. Class act.

His wife isn't any class act either. (I'm assuming that he's still married to Sable)

ActionAndy
07-14-2009, 10:22 AM
http://www.clinchgear.com/clinchpic/uploaded_images/redcoat-774151.jpg

LOL....

For the record I actually kind of like Bisping. Mainly because he throws a lot of flying knees.

LordOfWu
07-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Great card, and I have no real problem with the trash talking leading up to the fight...for some folks that builds the anticipation. But once the fight is over, a winner is declared, that's when a person's real character comes out. It is bad to be a poor loser, but it's far worse to be a poor winner. While I understand the need to sell tickets, this is still Mixed Martial Arts, and a certain amount of respect is expected as well. Mir showed that, even though I'm not a fan of his, he was a far better loser than Lesnar was a winner.

RHNewfie
07-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Say, anyone find anything from Alves post fight? I have great respect for him but GSP is the man, just want to hear his own thoughts. If you find anything post it up!

kgoings
07-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Say, anyone find anything from Alves post fight? I have great respect for him but GSP is the man, just want to hear his own thoughts. If you find anything post it up!

I was interested in what Bisping had to say too. Couldn't find anything.

Not saying what he did was right, but I think that Rampage Jackson is a bigger douche than Lesnar.

What? Rampage talks trash just like everyone prefight but is extremely respectful after the fights, even in defeat. Lesnar is trash, straight trash

Ken
07-15-2009, 08:14 AM
I don't know much about UFC, but living here in Minneapolis I've been hearing a lot about Lesnar. As you know, he was a top notch wrestler at the U of M. How come he is so vilified by most UFC fans?
People have hated Lesnar since he walked into the UFC with only 1 fight under his belt, lost 1, won 1, and they feel he was given a free ticket to a title match. Though, he took the title and just demolished a "highly" skilled BJ guy to defend his title and avenge his 1st UFC loss.

I'm just happy to see not everyone has to freakin' hug after the fight.:D

goalie204
07-15-2009, 08:26 AM
People have hated Lesnar since he walked into the UFC with only 1 fight under his belt, lost 1, won 1, and they feel he was given a free ticket to a title match. Though, he took the title and just demolished a "highly" skilled BJ guy to defend his title and avenge his 1st UFC loss.

I'm just happy to see not everyone has to freakin' hug after the fight.:D

I didn't hate lesner until after he was an ass after his match with herring, after his match with mir. ya he's strong, he's also what, 40 lbs heavier than mir, laying on him with his football field of a chest? Some skill, some lying there. Screw lesnar, piece of ****.