PDA

View Full Version : so I recieved a couple of pm's

Pages : [1] 2

Don Fernando
09-13-2009, 02:14 AM
from a few botl's asking me how I've been and if there is a reason why I don't post as much as I did in the recent past. And yes, there is a reason.

Lately my life is a rollercoaster of emotions, lots of negative emotions like stress and frustration, lots of positive emotions like becoming an uncle for the first time soon and a life changing decision and fear for the unknown due to that life changing decision. And dealing with all those emotions, the negative and the positive, is a huge energy drain for me, so when I come home I am too tired to interact on CA.

The negative source is mostly work, I work for a very small company and me and my boss are always fighting about everything. We make a decision, I follow his orders and 2 days later I get chit because he claims that we agreed on something else, he never listens to me what made my job much harder and impossible on some cases. For example: my assistent left in october last year, I told my boss that it would be impossible to service all calls with just a part-timer and a free lancer with a shifting schedule (he is a flight attendent and can only work on days that he is not flying), after 3 months some clients had to wait for over 2 weeks before I could service them even though we have a 48 hour limit in the contracts, I get yelled at by clients and by my boss, but my hands were tied and I warned my boss that this was happening. Another example, august 2008 the guy who did all the network stuff left the company, I told my boss that I don't know chit about networks and that he should hire someone that knows this stuff, especially as in our line of business things are shifting from a stand alone platform into a online platform (we're in background music for retail, hotels, bars etc). Now an important client, a shop chain, wants their music systems online and its quite a technical operation, way over my head, and I get blamed for not knowing this stuff, something I told my boss over a year ago. And there are more examples, things went so bad that after another disrespectful email that he send me I ran upstairs to his office, grabbed a piece of wood but fortunately another free lancer saw this and stopped me. And although I have a big mouth, I am not an agressive person by nature, this shows how bad the situation was.

Now my contract ends october 14, and I decided not to renew. I had some days left, so next thursday is my last day of work before I head into unemploymency, but unemploymency is better then jail and that is where I would probably end up if I had to work longer with this guy. The negative energy, the stress and frustration will be cut out of my life, and due to the great social security system we have in The Netherlands I will be able to leave.

The social security system also allows me to focus on the life changing decision and everything I have to do for that. I made the decision to go for a gastric bypass. I weight about 385lbs with a height of 5ft9, which makes my Body Mass Index about 56. In normal people language that means "you're gonna die fatty" as a friend called it. I am 37, still in good health (bloodwork from recent tests proved that, cholestorol and all are within limits and the doctor said that my body could take at least another 100lbs before it would start giving in) and I like to keep it that way. The surgeon wanted to push the surgery to the spring, but I convinced him to do it in 2009, as I would never get a job with this hanging over my head. He agreed on a late december surgery, but only if I will lose about 30lbs before that time. I get help from a nutrician with that, trying to break the old habbits and learn a new schedule and eat lighter, healthier and less (as that is my future after the surgery). I need to lose that weight to reduce the risks of the surgery (with a >50BMI the risk of serious complications, read: death, is one out of 200) and as the first couple of lbs lost are all from the liver that will create more space for the surgeon to work with.

I'm looking forward to the life after the surgery, i can't remember what it's like to be not fat, to have a weight below 220 lbs (we measure in kilo's here, 219lbs would mean <100 kilo, a 2 digit weight). Just the opportunities that it will offer, simple things like being able to buy clothes much easier, not to be stared at like you are a freak of nature, not being rejected for a job because of prejudice against heavy people, being able to fly to my friends in the US comfortably instead of feeling like spam, pressed in a can and to start running again. But it's also scary, all my adult life I have been fat, it's going to be a new life and like everything unknown there is both exitement and fear, fear for the unknown, and fear for the surgery ofcourse.

Well, now you all know, and you might understand why I haven't been on CA much. This thursday, september 17, is my last day of work, the negative energy will be gone, I will have more time (in between the long walks with the dog that I will be taking to get some extra exercise) to bug you all ;)

borndead1
09-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Best of luck brother.

Much respect to you for DOING SOMETHING about your health and weight rather than just staying overweight and becoming even more overweight.

I work with a few people who are so big they have trouble walking.

Keep us updated on your progress. :tu

DPD6030
09-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Don,
My thoughts and prayers for you in your life for less stress, lost weight, heathy and safe surgury and a new life. If you ever need to talk I'm just a PM or chat away. :tu

I know this surgury has worked wonders for some. I hope it works just as well if not better for you my friend.

MedicCook
09-13-2009, 03:28 AM
Good luck Ferdie. You will be in my thoughts. Definately some major life changes and you have a good positive out look on them. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Smokin Gator
09-13-2009, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the update brother... I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

14holestogie
09-13-2009, 04:45 AM
We're with you Ferdie. Positive thoughts sent your way to help you attain your goals. :tu

gnukfu
09-13-2009, 05:17 AM
Good luck Ferdie!! I know a couple of people who have had the surgery and it has worked out well for them! :tu

DougBushBC
09-13-2009, 06:06 AM
You are in our toughts Ferd!

Scottw
09-13-2009, 06:12 AM
Best of luck with everything Ferdie, I am pulling for you!

dunng
09-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Ferdie, I am so happy for you, lots of big changes but they are all for the better! I think we need a Loosing Weight with Ferdie thread... I am here for you along with all of CA if you need anything, please let us know! :tu

massphatness
09-13-2009, 06:52 AM
Good luck, Ferdie. It's a tough row to hoe but the rewards are worth it. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Partagaspete
09-13-2009, 06:54 AM
Ferdinand,

You know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything give me a hollar and I will see what I can do.

G G
09-13-2009, 07:16 AM
I will be praying for you buddy, for a better job when you need it, the surgery to go well and have a quick recovery. Thanks for sharing, I know it was prolly hard to do.

AD720
09-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Good luck Ferdie!!

ChicagoWhiteSox
09-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Ferdinand,

Prayers sent for a safe surgery and a wonderful, healthy, and happy new life. :)

Tenor CS
09-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Hey Ferdinand:

I know we've spoken about this, and I'm anxious to hear of your progress, as I am considering the same thing. I wish you a future filled with health and happiness. I enjoyed meeting you in Orlando and I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the US.

azherfer
09-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Not to threadjack, but if anyone is considering Gastric Bypass and has any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me and ask. I had this done and while I've been successful, there are things that they don't tell you that you need to consider or be aware of in your decision.

shilala
09-13-2009, 09:11 AM
My prayers are with you, brother. :tu

kenstogie
09-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Good luck to you.

kaisersozei
09-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Stay strong, Ferd, sounds like you've made some great decisions recently--we're here for you! :tu

Ashcan Bill
09-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Sorry to hear you've had a rough few months my friend, but it sounds like you're taking control and taking steps toward shaping a positive future. My thoughts are with you.

chippewastud79
09-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Best of luck moving forward Ferdie :tu

BlackDog
09-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Fernando, I am sorry for your current job situation. It's incredibly frustrating to have a bad boss. I'm glad for your own peace of mind that you'll be ending your employment there.

Having gastric bypass surgery is a great decision. The road between here and 100 kilo may be bumpy, but you'll be glad you did it. Congrats. Making choices to improve your life are going to pay big dividends. :tu

floydpink
09-13-2009, 10:09 AM
They say the average man will change career paths half a dozen times, so this won't be the last crossroad for you probably.

I firmly believe all things happen for a reason and in the grande scheme of things, they alway seem to work out for the best and make you stronger.

I have a feeling this will be your case.

Never forget, you are too blessed to be stressed.

Emjaysmash
09-13-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm glad you've decided to get out of a bad situation at work, and take care of yourself personally, Ferd! I hope everything works out the best for ya, and after the surgery you have a quick recovery and enjoy your new body! If you need ANYTHING let us know!

croatan
09-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Ferdinand, I'm so glad to hear you're taking these steps. Looking forward to seeing a happier, smaller you next time I'm in the Dam :)

68TriShield
09-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Let the bugging begin Ferdinand :)

elderboy02
09-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the update brother... I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

:tpd:

NCRadioMan
09-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Ferdinand, I'm so glad to hear you're taking these steps. Looking forward to seeing a happier, smaller you next time I'm in the Dam :)
:tpd: Good for you Ferdie! Wishing and praying for the best for you, my brother!

kelmac07
09-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Ferdie, excited for you with your decisions. Thoughts and prayers your way brother. If you need anything...do not hesitate to let me know.

Starscream
09-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Sounds as if you are making some changes that will make you much happier, Ferdinand. Best of luck and am looking forward to you being more active here as of the 17th. Thoughts and prayers sent, brother.

Mikhail
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
God Speed Ferdinand!!!!!!!!!!!

kaelaria
09-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Good for you man! As long as you can make the habitual changes, you have a great chace at long term success! I have a few friends that had it done and only one relapsed simply because she never changed the way she ate - her own fault!

Tikihut27
09-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Pullin' for ya over here, Ferdinand! My prophecy is that as hard as it will be to get through things short-term, you will rank these decisions amongst your life's best.

Good luck, my friend!

alley00p
09-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Ferdie, I've missed our Skype chats, so I always have a thought in my mind about you! :tu

I'll be on the lookout for your return! My wife and I both enjoyed meeting you in Las Vegas! You were the other bright spot on that trip, just behind my getting to spend a week with my long-lost son! :D

I look forward to being able to share a cigar and chat with again in the future. You take care of yourself! My thoughts will continue to be with you, along with a few prayers for you to attain your goals! :ss

:dance:

Catfish
09-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Any and all questions you have re: gastric bypass, let me know. I did the Roux-N-Y procedure. 280 lbs. lost later, I never once regret my decision. It was not without complications that I can let you know about but it was still worth it. Please contact me and I will GLADLY answer any questions you have.

RGD.
09-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Not to threadjack, but if anyone is considering Gastric Bypass and has any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me and ask. I had this done and while I've been successful, there are things that they don't tell you that you need to consider or be aware of in your decision.

Any and all questions you have re: gastric bypass, let me know. I did the Roux-N-Y procedure. 280 lbs. lost later, I never once regret my decision. It was not without complications that I can let you know about but it was still worth it. Please contact me and I will GLADLY answer any questions you have.

Don - we meet when you were at Dave's (68trishield) home. Like the two posts above I also have had the bypass (mini incision open RYGBP) and am now 200lbs lighter - still have a few (30) pounds to go to hit my goal. I was 420 pounds when I started.

There are a lot of little things that they don't tell you - and some things that you just learn. But I also would be glad to discuss anything about the surgery and my experience. This can be a life changing surgery if you use it correctly because contrary to what most think - it's not a fix. It's simply a tool that you must use for the rest of your life.

And while our brothers in the posts above can tell you what to expect when things go well - I unfortunately can tell you what happens when things go wrong, bad wrong. Not to scare you - but you really have to know. I'm fine now but about a year behind in progress of what others of the same dates are doing.

Actually on reading up I see that Catfish had some complications. Even so as he states, like me - it was still worth it.

Anyway - PM me if you want and we can exchange emails, cell phone, etc etc. I also don't mind telling my story in this thread.

Good luck to you and God Bless.

Ron

icehog3
09-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Hoping things just get better and better, my friend. :)

Don Fernando
09-16-2009, 02:08 AM
thanks for the support guys.

Just got back from the hospital, yet another test, an endoscopy this time. They jam a tube with a camera down your throat which makes you puke and drool like an inmate in an asylum (somehow it felt familiar ;) ). This won't be my new hobby, god, I hated it. Next stop: x-ray's of my stomach.

Barteur
09-16-2009, 04:38 AM
Good luck with this long term project, thoughts sent, Healt is a priority in this crazy world as it is Today and usualy the rest settle around it.

Frenchie

Don Fernando
09-23-2009, 04:16 AM
Just got home from an appointment with the nutrician. I lost little over 11lbs in 10 days time by just adjusting my diet to healthier, lean food and normal size dishes. I like this :)

HK3-
09-23-2009, 04:22 AM
11 lbs. in 10 days- That's awesome Ferdi! Keep up the good work :tu

Volt
09-23-2009, 06:12 AM
Just got home from an appointment with the nutrician. I lost little over 11lbs in 10 days time by just adjusting my diet to healthier, lean food and normal size dishes. I like this :)

:banger

Life style changes are never easy. Prayers and thoughts are for you.

SmokeyJoe
09-23-2009, 06:48 AM
God bless you as you take such decisive action! Praying that everything goes well with the surgery, and on the job front as you go forward. :tu

MedicCook
09-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Congrats Ferdie. You are on your way.

BlackDog
09-23-2009, 09:10 AM
You're off to a great start Ferdinand. Congratulations! :tu

Sancho
09-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Nicely done Ferdinand!

Old Sailor
09-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Good luck to you. :tu

mrreindeer
09-23-2009, 10:46 AM
First time I've been able to log in since the baby was born and I'm glad I found your post, my friend. It takes a lot of courage to share what you did and know that your friends here at CA are behind you, supporting you all the way, 250%. I'm very sorry for the cr@p you've had to endure but here's to a great, positive change and you're already well on your way! Well done, Ferdinand and best of luck and health to you! If there's anything I can ever do for you, please don't hesitate to call on me.

Django
09-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey Ferdinand,

Good to hear about the steps you are taking (both health and work related sound like good choices).
I have been way to busy to attend any herfs lately due too work, study and family affairs. But we really need to chat up soon.

Best of health and luck to you,
Django

Bruins Fan
09-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Go for it man, a family member had it done over a year ago. I don't know the exact number of pounds lost but has to be at least 135, and now looks great.
Twice I got called to go to the hospital we thought we were going to lose her.
Thyroid was way out of wack, BP was through the roof, and this person was type two diabetic.
Today thyroid and B P are normal, diabetes is gone, and is not on any kind of meds :tu

skullnrose
09-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Good to hear Ferdinand Best of luck with your life changing decisions. Were behind you 100%.

longknocker
09-24-2009, 03:21 AM
Thoughts & Prayers are with you, Ferdie! You can do it, Brother!:tu

RevSmoke
09-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Wow, Don. Will keep you in my prayers.

Don Fernando
10-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Just got home from the hospital, they made some x-rays of my belly and then I visited the nutricion just to stand on the scale and see if my new eating pattern is paying off, and it is. Lost little over 20lbs in 24 days. And due to the new healthy eating patern I have much more energy too.

kelmac07
10-06-2009, 04:43 AM
Great news Ferdie!! :tu

Savvy
10-06-2009, 04:55 AM
Keep up the good work Ferdie. Looking forward to being shocked when I see you in six months. Best of luck reaching all your goals.

shark
10-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Good decision on getting out of that job. Stress kills. Good luck!:tu

AD720
10-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Incredible! :salute:

Don Fernando
10-15-2009, 02:11 AM
went to see the nutrician yesterday, didnt lose much weight last week, but she expected that after the spectacular weight loss of the last couple of weeks.

I also spoke with the surgeon and the whole team (surgeon, internist, psychologist and nutrician) feel that I am a good candidate for the surgery and gave me green light. The x-ray showed that I have a stone in my gallbladder, so they will remove that during surgery. And I have reflux, but that is easy to solve with some medication.

The surgeon left me with 2 options, a gastric bypass or a duo-denal swich. Both have pros and cons, so I will have to make up my mind and decide which option I will pick.

Catfish
10-15-2009, 04:54 AM
Both great choices. Excellent to see it's going well so far. Any questions you have, please don't hesitate to ask.

Don Fernando
10-15-2009, 05:07 AM
which particular surgery did you had David?

Calexan
10-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Good luck on your surgery and weight loss. Im sure you can do it!!!!!

MedicCook
10-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Glad things are progressing well Ferdie. :tu

Starscream
10-15-2009, 09:02 AM
WHat's a duo-denal switch, Ferdinand? I know a lot about gastric bypass.
Glad to see things are looking good.:tu

Don Fernando
10-15-2009, 09:07 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duodenal_switch here ya go Andy.

pros of the duodenal switch: better result in the long term, able to eat more so going to a restaurant won't be a pain in the ass
cons of the duodenal switch: have to eat more supplements for the rest of my life, more risks

pros of the gastric bypass: less supplements to take on a daily basis, surgery is less risky
cons of the gastric bypass: not the best long term solution, a very small stomach so going to a restaurant would be waste of time and money.

Catfish
10-15-2009, 09:56 AM
I had the Roux-n-Y gastric bypass.

Medically engineered malabsorption. The majority of the small intestine is bypassed. Many complications, many benefits.

It hasn't been the easiest ride in the world. But the results speak for themelves. From 566 to 280.

Wanger
10-15-2009, 11:38 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duodenal_switch here ya go Andy.

pros of the duodenal switch: better result in the long term, able to eat more so going to a restaurant won't be a pain in the ass
cons of the duodenal switch: have to eat more supplements for the rest of my life, more risks

pros of the gastric bypass: less supplements to take on a daily basis, surgery is less risky
cons of the gastric bypass: not the best long term solution, a very small stomach so going to a restaurant would be waste of time and money.

Not necessarily. One word: LEFTOVERS! :D

Don Fernando
10-15-2009, 11:40 AM
bringing home half a steak is a bit nasty Mike

Wanger
10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Then order something that will be good for lunch the next day. :D

Catfish
10-15-2009, 12:34 PM
If you get a gastric bypass you won't be eating steak for a loooooooooooooooooong time, if ever.

Don Fernando
10-15-2009, 12:35 PM
well, that makes the choice a bit easier :)

Catfish
10-15-2009, 12:58 PM
I may have gone with the DS but I still can't complain about the results of the RNY.

Don Fernando
10-15-2009, 02:22 PM
well, after a long talk with a friend of mine that had the DS last year, David's remarks and all the information that I already had, I decided to go for the DS.

Catfish
10-15-2009, 02:33 PM
I am quite certain you'll be happy.

WyoBob
10-15-2009, 04:13 PM
No steak = more money for cigars. I fail to see the downside:)

chicken
10-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Met you when you visited Rochester, NY. Best of luck to you!

csbrewfisher
10-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Ferdinand,

Welcome home from your last day of the hell you used to call work. Things are looking up already. Good luck with the GBS. I've known a lot of people who have gone through that, and they will tell you it's all about lifestyle changes and physical exercise accompanying the GB. I have a feeling you're not going to be smoking for a few months, it will probably hurt your belly. But don't be discouraged, it will let your sticks get some extra aged on them. :tu

Anyway, prayers go up for you bro...

Riff Raff
10-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Ferdie, I am praying for you brother! Of course, we want to know your progress!

Don Fernando
11-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Had an appointment with the surgeon and with the nutrician today. I lost 30lbs since I started the new lifestyle and the nutrician is very pleased with the progress, I hoped for a bit more.

The surgeon expected me to choose for the gastric bypass but supports my decision for the duodenal switch. The surgery will take place in two steps, first they will make a sleeve of my stomach so I will lose a lot of weight. That surgery will take place late december or early january, and 5 to 6 months later they will do the actual duodenal switch. I expected the second procedure to take place sooner, so that is a bit of a disappointment but hey, nothing I can do except for calling off the surgery which isn't really an option. It only means that I won't be able to find a job and go back to work for a longer time then I expected, and that my stash of cigars will get more time to age as I won't be able to smoke for months after both surgeries.

Don Fernando
11-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Just got a call from the hospital, they pushed the surgery forward and I will go under the knife next wednesday, december 2nd. Now that I have a surgery date, I am starting to get a little nerveous, and a tiny bit scared.

RightAJ
11-24-2009, 05:21 AM
Just got a call from the hospital, they pushed the surgery forward and I will go under the knife next wednesday, december 2nd. Now that I have a surgery date, I am starting to get a little nerveous, and a tiny bit scared.

No worries brother. Prayers are being sent your way... You've got plenty of supporters here:tu

aj

gbum
11-24-2009, 05:33 AM
no worry mate,thoughts and prayers your way mister.Good luck with the surgery and god bless.

Catfish
11-24-2009, 05:35 AM

I'm sure you'll be fine. Make sure 3 days before you go under the knife, you flush yourself with magnesium citrate and nothing but liquids for a couple days before surgery. I went clear liquid only 2 days before, did 3 mag. citrate flushes before surgery. My guts were clean as a whistle.

Trust me, post-op recovery wise, you will thank me. Being that sore and not having to hit the head is a beautiful thing. The Foley catheter you will have takes care fo all that liquid.

Kreth
11-24-2009, 06:06 AM
Good thoughts headed your way, Ferdie. Good luck with the surgery.
Posted via Mobile Device

kaisersozei
11-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Best wishes my brother! And make sure that Simon or someone has a way to get information so he can post updates here, we'll want to know how you're progressing next week!

Don Fernando
11-24-2009, 08:46 AM
I'll probably be home 4 to 5 days after the surgery and I will log on Gerard, I'll give the updates myself. That way I am sure Simon doesn't sell me out and makes me a (not very quick) walking target.

Catfish
11-24-2009, 09:07 AM
I'll probably be home 4 to 5 days after the surgery and I will log on Gerard, I'll give the updates myself. That way I am sure Simon doesn't sell me out and makes me a (not very quick) walking target.

Ah... Recovery sticks. Very nice. Thanks for the idea. :banger

ade06
11-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Good luck Ferdinand!!!

Blindjimme
11-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Positive thoughts sent Ferdie! Kind of nice to have it moved up, you'll be fine sooner than planned.

14holestogie
11-24-2009, 09:45 AM
We're with you, Ferdie. Best of luck with the surgery and recovery.

Slavac
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM
I'd wish you good luck, but you won't need it :)

bruceolee
11-24-2009, 10:28 AM

Just to encourage you bro,
My mother had this surgery done a year ago and is 150lbs less now and still losing quite a bit of weight.

A year after my mother did it my father had his surgery a month ago and is already 30lbs down.

Due to my medical history I can't have this surgery, but I can say I'm 100lbs less myself from a year ago just from just cutting back on what I eat. So, goodluck my friend with the surgery. This is going to change your life for the better. :cool2:

Don Fernando
11-30-2009, 02:48 AM
I said goodbye to cigars and alcohol for the next few months yesterday by having a double cognac Frapin cigar blend and a 2001 Punch Black Prince. Hopefully I can light a smoke at the Amsterdam herf in march, if not, I'll be there just to hang out. I'm expecting the follow up surgery to take place not to long after the herf, and I will be out of smoking and drinking for months again, a sacrifice I have to make for a healthier weight.

longknocker
11-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Had an appointment with the surgeon and with the nutrician today. I lost 30lbs since I started the new lifestyle and the nutrician is very pleased with the progress, I hoped for a bit more.

The surgeon expected me to choose for the gastric bypass but supports my decision for the duodenal switch. The surgery will take place in two steps, first they will make a sleeve of my stomach so I will lose a lot of weight. That surgery will take place late december or early january, and 5 to 6 months later they will do the actual duodenal switch. I expected the second procedure to take place sooner, so that is a bit of a disappointment but hey, nothing I can do except for calling off the surgery which isn't really an option. It only means that I won't be able to find a job and go back to work for a longer time then I expected, and that my stash of cigars will get more time to age as I won't be able to smoke for months after both surgeries.
Prayers & Positive Thoughts Coming Your Way, Brother! That First Smoke When You Recuperate Will Be Awesome! Thanks For The Updates, Brother!:tu

Savor the Stick
11-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Ferdinand, After having been under the knife here recently(back surgery) I can fully understand a lot of the thoughts your having with the surgery date looming. Keep your focus on the good results this will have for your future and you will be fine.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and Prayers for this coming date and beyond. And you have a great support group here on the Asylum who love ya and will be seeing you through this also.

Prayers and good thought sent and continue,
Kevin:ss

Don Fernando
11-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Thnx Kevin, most of what I am thinking and feeling are nerves. Needles scare the chit out of me, and the idea of a drip just freaks me out. On top of that, the first 14 days after the surgery I need 3 injections a day to prevent thrombosis. I will only be in the hospital for a few days, that means that I will have to inject myself for the remainder of that period. That thought keeps me up at night.

icantbejon
11-30-2009, 12:35 PM
I can understand that. I certainly wouldn't want to be shooting myself full of anything. That being said, I wish you all the best Don. You're making a good decision here. Take care and we'll talk to you when you post again.

Savor the Stick
11-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Thnx Kevin, most of what I am thinking and feeling are nerves. Needles scare the chit out of me, and the idea of a drip just freaks me out. On top of that, the first 14 days after the surgery I need 3 injections a day to prevent thrombosis. I will only be in the hospital for a few days, that means that I will have to inject myself for the remainder of that period. That thought keeps me up at night.

That sure doesn't help things. I had to have a nurse come to my home to change bandages on me I absolutely nothing about your help care system--but couldn't someone help you along that same line?...maybe a close friend would help you out like that?

Just clutching at straws here....:)

I will keep you in prayer.

Kevin

Don Fernando
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
My mum will visit me every day for the basic needs, but trust me you don't want my mum near you with a needle in her hand :D

kelmac07
11-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Good luck Ferdie...in my thoughts and prayers brother!! Here's to a speedy recovery.

smokin5
11-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Keeping (and sending) nothing but positive thoughts.
You'll be just fine, up & smokin' in no time.:tu

MedicCook
11-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Good luck with everything Ferdie. You will be in my thoughts my friend.

DPD6030
11-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Prayers sent for a safe surgery and quick recovery. :tu

Ashcan Bill
12-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I just wanted to send you best wishes, my friend.

I know you'll come through it fine, but if you're anything like me, the worst part is right before. Hang in there buddy. A lot of people here are thinking about you!

slickster81
12-02-2009, 05:03 AM
You will be in my thoughts and prayers my friend, Godspeed on your recovery!

1badhog07
12-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Good luck too you

68TriShield
12-02-2009, 06:26 PM
I hope everything went well my friend L)

replicant_argent
12-02-2009, 06:26 PM
hope you are resting and recuperating well, Ferd.

SmokeyNL
12-03-2009, 12:17 AM
***UPDATE***

Just got an email from Ferdinand's sister since I promissed him to keep you all updated on his situation.The procedure was done a little later then scheduled due to circumstances.
Last night Ferdinand was still pretty doped up from the Morphine, but otherwise doing well. He should be moved to a regular room today.

Please keep sending him good Karma, keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Slavac
12-03-2009, 12:56 AM
***UPDATE***

Just got an email from Ferdinand's sister since I promissed him to keep you all updated on his situation.The procedure was done a little later then scheduled due to circumstances.
Last night Ferdinand was still pretty doped up from the Morphine, but otherwise doing well. He should be moved to a regular room today.

Please keep sending him good Karma, keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the update :)

longknocker
12-03-2009, 04:25 AM
Thoughts & Prayers Going Up To You, Ferdie, My Brother! Keep Us Posted!:):tu

SmokeyNL
12-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Just received a text from Ferdinand, he is up allready and feels good, no pain so far.

Catfish
12-03-2009, 04:42 AM
***UPDATE***

...Last night Ferdinand was still pretty doped up from the Morphine

Slacker! Get off yer @ss and get back to work! :ss:D

68TriShield
12-03-2009, 04:57 AM
Just received a text from Ferdinand, he is up allready and feels good, no pain so far.

Good to hear Simon,thanks!

massphatness
12-03-2009, 05:50 AM
That's awesome news, Simon. Thanks!

Wanger
12-03-2009, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the update Simon. I'll bet they've given him some really good pain meds. :p

Catfish
12-03-2009, 06:55 AM
...I'll bet they've given him some really good pain meds. :p

Speaking from experience, Yes... Yes, they do. :D :tu

replicant_argent
12-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Ferd, this will be too late, but the nurse texted me and told me to tell you to quit pinching her ass.

Don Fernando
12-04-2009, 09:57 AM
guess who's back home :)

kaisersozei
12-04-2009, 10:05 AM

Excellent! :banger

68TriShield
12-04-2009, 10:24 AM

Excellent news Ferd! I hope you are feeling good. :)

Catfish
12-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Sweetness. Make sure you rub that vitamin E oil on your incision site. If they stapled you closed, it will make all the difference when they go to remove em. Don't scrimp, get the good oil. It's expensive and the bottle looks tiny but a little goes a long way.

icantbejon
12-04-2009, 10:29 AM

Welcome back home Donnyboy. :tu

Don Fernando
12-04-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm feeling allright, no pain, just very tired and not able to concentrate for longer then a few minutes, but I'll manage.

icantbejon
12-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm feeling allright, no pain, just very tired and not able to concentrate for longer then a few minutes, but I'll manage.

Concentration is overrated anyway.

croatan
12-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Glad to hear it, Ferdinand!

Blindjimme
12-04-2009, 10:34 AM
That's good news. Glad your home Ferdie.

SmokeyNL
12-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Glad your home, it was great talking to you on the phone, a real surprise :D

14holestogie
12-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Good to hear your home, Ferdie! Glad things went smoothly. :tu

14holestogie
12-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Ferd, this will be too late, but the nurse texted me and told me to tell you to quit pinching her ass.

:r:r

smokin5
12-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Nice!
Now rest up & heal quickly, or Mario's gonna send you some of those Gorilla Fingers.
Or worse, fly over & give you a sponge bath.

Savor the Stick
12-04-2009, 02:48 PM

Good to hear this. I never had the chance to meet you but consider you a friend.

All the best I can muster for you.:tu

Get well soon. Stay on track and don't let your impatience get too out of control. :D

dunng
12-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Great news Ferdie! :wo

SmokinApe
12-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Great news!

longknocker
12-04-2009, 06:47 PM

Welcome Back, Brother!:banger:D:tu

AD720
12-04-2009, 07:42 PM

:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu

kaisersozei
12-04-2009, 09:11 PM

Whoa, are you me?!

:D

MedicCook
12-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Welcome back Ferdie.

kelmac07
12-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Glad you're home and everything went well brother!! :tu

Don Fernando
12-05-2009, 08:23 PM
here's a pic of what my belly looks like, 4 days after surgery. 6 incisions, stapled shut with 3 staples each

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/cs_donfernando/DSC02895.jpg

Starscream
12-05-2009, 08:45 PM
here's a pic of what my belly looks like, 4 days after surgery. 6 incisions, stapled shut with 3 staples each

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/cs_donfernando/DSC02895.jpg

That looks painful, Ferdie.;s
I know it's all for the good, though.

JE3146
12-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Best of luck to you buddy.

Emjaysmash
12-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery Ferdie!!

Be Well!

Don Fernando
12-05-2009, 11:46 PM
That looks painful, Ferdie.;s
I know it's all for the good, though.

but it isn't painfull, I am off painmeds. My belly just feels sour, like I had been boxing for a couple of rounds, but pain? Not really.

MedicCook
12-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Are you restricted with eating at this point?

Don Fernando
12-05-2009, 11:59 PM
yeah, liquid or mashed to pulp, no added sugars, no peppers and stuff like that. So I eat sugarfree custard, soup and those baby fruit mashes.

massphatness
12-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Keep up the good work, Ferdie
Posted via Mobile Device

BigAsh
12-06-2009, 10:15 AM
yeah, liquid or mashed to pulp, no added sugars, no peppers and stuff like that. So I eat sugarfree custard, soup and those baby fruit mashes.

I heard the "mashed pears" go well with an Anejo 50....:D.....in all seriousness, glad you're on the road to recovery!

gbum
12-06-2009, 10:29 AM
god speed ferdie!

Don Fernando
12-06-2009, 12:37 PM
I heard the "mashed pears" go well with an Anejo 50....:D.....in all seriousness, glad you're on the road to recovery!

I will tell you a little secret, I was watching some football earlier today (the real football that you guys call soccer) and opened my humidor to select a smoke. Then common sense kicked in, and I decided it was probably a bad idea to light a stogie

BigAsh
12-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I will tell you a little secret, I was watching some football earlier today (the real football that you guys call soccer) and opened my humidor to select a smoke. Then common sense kicked in, and I decided it was probably a bad idea to light a stogie

Man I hate "common sense"....'til the next morning anyway! :D

Don Fernando
12-07-2009, 07:51 AM
ate my first 'real' meal for lunch, I couldn't take all the sweetness of the custard and fruit mash anymore. Had a little bit of colliflower, potato and a tiny piece of fish. Just a tiny bit, that would normally be 3 bites, took me 15 minutes now, eating slowly and very small bites, but man, I feel so much better now.

replicant_argent
12-07-2009, 07:55 AM
you might want to put a lock on those humodors, Ferd... ;)
Glad to hear you are doing well, and I think you are at the start of a very interesting adventure, Friend.

Don Fernando
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I felt good, so taking a little walk seemed like a nice plan, getting some fresh air, moving around, so I grabbed the cane my mother brought me this morning (she works in an elderly home, they have spare canes, I was allowed to borrow one) and set off for a walk around my block. I estimate the distance between 400 and 500 yards, it went allright but the stairs to my door on the first floor killed me.

The EVP
12-07-2009, 07:55 PM
My hats off to you. I just got yelled at by my doctor about my weight a couple weeks ago (also have diabeties and diverticulitis, which isn't a fun combination. Health foods help the diab. but trigger the diver. Bad foods are okay with Diver, but send my blood sugar all out of whack). Been trying to lose weight for a few weeks now and it is hard. Keep up the good work though!

Don Fernando
12-09-2009, 07:04 AM
just got back from the hospital, all the staples are removed, doctor says the wounds are looking nice & clean. And it turned out I lost 17 1/2 lbs last week!! Way more then I expected. That makes my total weight 345lbs which is a 45lbs loss since I started this whole thing.

Volt
12-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Congrats - I'm glad to hear it is working well for you. If the humi needs any relief since your not smoking at the moment - may I suggesrt a small bomb to Wanger - :r

Don Fernando
12-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Wanger is not the one and only botl that I like to target more then once mr Volt, better watch what you wish for ........ :D

Volt
12-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Ok, if I get Christmas wishes - I wish for Santa Ferd to bomb Mike, JK and MAC. Fill their stockings with all kinds of Christmas cheer. :D

Wanger is not the one and only botl that I like to target more then once mr Volt, better watch what you wish for ........ :D

Don Fernando
12-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I'll add some coal for you Michael

fissure
12-09-2009, 08:05 AM
just got back from the hospital, all the staples are removed, doctor says the wounds are looking nice & clean. And it turned out I lost 17 1/2 lbs last week!! Way more then I expected. That makes my total weight 345lbs which is a 45lbs loss since I started this whole thing.

Congrats Don!! Package heading your way soon:tu

Don Fernando
12-10-2009, 11:45 AM
thnx Steve.

I decided that I feel good enough to go to a concert this saturday.

14holestogie
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
thnx Steve.

I decided that I feel good enough to go to a concert this saturday.

Stay away from the mosh pit, Ferdie! ;)

Don Fernando
12-10-2009, 12:14 PM
That I will Tim, most probably I'll be seeing the show from backstage.

Don Fernando
12-12-2009, 06:03 PM
ok, I took a walk to the city center today, which was a bit more then was good for me as I barely made it home, and the concert was a drain on my energy too (but lots of fun), I'll probably sleep a lot tomorrow.

longknocker
12-12-2009, 07:35 PM
ok, I took a walk to the city center today, which was a bit more then was good for me as I barely made it home, and the concert was a drain on my energy too (but lots of fun), I'll probably sleep a lot tomorrow.

Get Some Sleep & Rest Up, Brother!:tu

Don Fernando
12-23-2009, 09:32 AM
good news, doc said that I can smoke again, but that I should take it slow and don't puff 5 cigars a day, but one or two a week for the next few weeks.

14holestogie
12-23-2009, 09:35 AM
good news, doc said that I can smoke again, but that I should take it slow and don't puff 5 cigars a day, but one or two a week for the next few weeks.

At one or two a week, you should be able to bust out the primo sticks and stay under budget. :)

Enjoy, Ferdie. Take it slow, though and give yourself time to recoup.

Ashcan Bill
12-23-2009, 11:10 AM

That's great news! Sounds like you're making a solid recovery. Smoke a nice one for Christmas. :tu

SmokeyNL
12-23-2009, 11:57 AM

That is amazing news Ferdinand, that means we can smoke a cigar together in the beginning of the new year! :banger

Don Fernando
12-26-2009, 04:31 PM
smoked my first post surgery cigar, a Cohiba Maduro 5 Mágicos and it was great.

replicant_argent
12-26-2009, 04:34 PM
I imagine it was very nice to be able to smoke again.
Glad to hear you can enjoy a few a week, for now, Ferd!

TFULLERY
12-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Glad to hear your smoking again brother.....I think that would be the hardest part for me!:tu:ss

Don Fernando
12-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Friends who had the same (or alike) surgery told me that they weren't able to smoke for months, and couldn't smoke a complete cigar at once. I am so happy that I can :) now 3 more weeks and I can have an alcoholic beverage to go with my cigars

Savvy
12-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Good, sounds like you'll be pretty much back to normal then for the Amsterdam herf. Looking forward to that coming up here in a few more months.

Don Fernando
12-26-2009, 04:45 PM
the smoking part of the herf will be good, the drinking part is still a question, I probably won't be able to drink a lot of booze as my stomach is very small.

MedicCook
12-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Congrats on that 1st cigar Ferdie. :tu

Don Fernando
01-06-2010, 07:06 AM
went on the scale this morning, lost 60lbs so far. My original weight was 390, my weight when I went into surgery was about 360lbs and now I'm at 330lbs.

Steve
01-06-2010, 07:08 AM
:tu:tu Great job!

WyoBob
01-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Hot dog, Ferdinand! I'm glad you're making such good progress. However, at the rate you are going, if you ever come to Wyoming, you might consider bringing an anchor with you:) (Wind 43 mph, temp. O f (-17 c) wind chill -24 f (-31 c).

WyoBob

Steve
01-06-2010, 11:44 AM
(wind 43 mph, temp. O f (-17 c) wind chill -24 f (-31 c).

Wyobob

bbrrrrr!!!!

Don Fernando
03-02-2010, 10:43 AM
today was the next step, mandatory workout, twice a week at the hospital with a physical therapist. First workout, and it turned out that my shape wasn't bad at all, the therapist was surprised by my stamina, so that is good.

Workout felt great, but I am starting to get sore now. I think I will turn in early tonight.

G G
03-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Had missed this thread for a while and didn't realize your progress is so good Ferdie. Keep up the good work buddy.

longknocker
03-02-2010, 11:09 AM
today was the next step, mandatory workout, twice a week at the hospital with a physical therapist. First workout, and it turned out that my shape wasn't bad at all, the therapist was surprised by my stamina, so that is good.

Workout felt great, but I am starting to get sore now. I think I will turn in early tonight.

Good Job, Brother!:tu

RevSmoke
03-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Glad to hear things are going well. Have had a couple people endure this process, and they are doing well. It can be a bit overwhelming though.

Keep up the good work.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

MedicCook
03-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Keep up the good work Ferdie. :tu

thebiglebowski
03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
i just stumbled across this thread and holy cow! i had no idea - you're my favorite dutch cigar reviewer guy and i'm glad you're doing ok.

Don Fernando
03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I had a couple of bad weeks in january, had to puke after eating, but on the bright side: never had any pain nor a lack of energy. Got the puking under control now, so I am making big steps forward.

kelmac07
03-02-2010, 07:09 PM
I had a couple of bad weeks in january, had to puke after eating, but on the bright side: never had any pain nor a lack of energy. Got the puking under control now, so I am making big steps forward.

Glad to hear Ferdie!! :tu

Catfish
03-03-2010, 06:13 AM
went on the scale this morning, lost 60lbs so far. My original weight was 390, my weight when i went into surgery was about 360lbs and now i'm at 330lbs.

awesome ferd!

WildBlueSooner
03-03-2010, 06:14 AM
awesome ferd!

:tpd::tu

Don Fernando
03-03-2010, 06:19 AM
that's old news David & James, make it approx 315lbs now ;) hoping to be somewhere around the 220 to 240 area when I visit EYH. If I am below 220 by then, I will get a tattoo in Miami, that will be a gift to myself.

TheTraveler
03-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Hey Ferdie! Keep it up man you're doing great. :) I admire the courage and determination it took to go forward with this and do so well with it. :tu

Don Fernando
03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
visited the surgeon again today, I kinda hoped to hear that the second part of the surgery would take place in april, but the surgeon thinks its way too soon and said he expects me to be ready by september.

September is a no go for me, due to some things I have planned later that year, so I guess surgery is off till early 2011.

Good thing is that I will still lose a lot of weight before that time, at the moment I lose about 2 lbs a week.

68TriShield
03-10-2010, 12:04 PM
visited the surgeon again today, I kinda hoped to hear that the second part of the surgery would take place in april, but the surgeon thinks its way too soon and said he expects me to be ready by september.

September is a no go for me, due to some things I have planned later that year, so I guess surgery is off till early 2011.

Good thing is that I will still lose a lot of weight before that time, at the moment I lose about 2 lbs a week.

Excellent to hear you are still going strong Ferdinand!

MedicCook
03-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Keep up the good work Ferdie. :tu

kelmac07
03-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Stay strong brother!! :tu

Razorhog
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Awesome progress! I have a friend that had gastric bypass...a long journey but she has lost over 150 lbs and feels great. Hang in there!

Old Sailor
03-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Keep up the good work Ferdie:tu:tu

massphatness
03-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Keep chugging along brother!

You may have mentioned this before but how has the weight loss affected your cigar smoking?
Posted via Mobile Device

Don Fernando
03-11-2010, 12:40 AM
None at all Vin, only the first 3 weeks after the surgery I couldn't smoke, but after the initial three weeks I could smoke what I want, when I want, just like before.

Don Fernando
04-03-2010, 09:35 AM
stepped on the scale this morning, lost 84 lbs since mid september. I'm getting there! I'm still a big boy with my 305lbs, but just 6 months ago it was much worse.

MedicCook
04-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Great job Ferdie. :tu

Darrell
04-03-2010, 09:55 AM
stepped on the scale this morning, lost 84 lbs since mid september. I'm getting there! I'm still a big boy with my 305lbs, but just 6 months ago it was much worse.

Good work! :tu

Savvy
04-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Keep it up Ferd. Both you and Simon looked great at the herf, hoping to not recognize either of you at the next one :banger Keep it up

Don Fernando
09-02-2010, 02:56 AM
had a few appointments at the hospital last week and this week. I lost little over 98 lbs in almost a year time, my bloodwork is all good, cholestorol etc are all within the right margins, blood pressure 128/82, which is fine too. My BMI dropped from 56˝ to 42˝ which is an awesome drop.

The surgeon wanted to do the second part of the surgery (the actual splitting of the Duo Denum) asap but I decided to wait till after EPIC.

longknocker
09-02-2010, 05:02 AM
had a few appointments at the hospital last week and this week. I lost little over 98 lbs in almost a year time, my bloodwork is all good, cholestorol etc are all within the right margins, blood pressure 128/82, which is fine too. My BMI dropped from 56˝ to 42˝ which is an awesome drop.

The surgeon wanted to do the second part of the surgery (the actual splitting of the Duo Denum) asap but I decided to wait till after EPIC.

Awesome News, Ferdie!:banger Congrats, My Brother!:tu

JDTexan
09-02-2010, 05:43 AM
What a thread to read, congrats on all your progress.

Mr.Italy
09-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Well done Fernando.

e-man67
09-02-2010, 07:12 AM
That is quite an accomplishment! Congrats and stay focused!

Chingas
09-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Ok I'll admit, I didn't read all 11 pages but the first and the last. Ferdie, keep it up Brother. Sounds like your in the right direction and doing well.

I didn't catch thru my scan info on employment but I'm hoping you found yourself a job with much less stress!

BlackDog
09-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Great news Ferdie. Congrats on your success! :tu

Da Klugs
09-02-2010, 08:02 AM
You should be quite proud of yourself. Taking control of you life and doing what you had to to move it to a better place is ... an inspiration.

Keep up the good work.

hotreds
09-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Congratulations! I, too need to drop more than a few lbs and know how hard it is! Keep up the great work! Bravo! Gefeliciteerd!

kaisersozei
09-03-2010, 07:46 AM
:tu :tu

Don Fernando
10-11-2010, 07:01 AM
just got a call from the hospital, the next surgery is scheduled for november the 22nd, which is perfect. I will get back to The Netherlands from my Florida trip and the EPIC herf on the 17th, we have a herf planned here saturday the 20th and I will have to check myself in at the hospital on sunday the 21st.

longknocker
10-11-2010, 07:08 AM
just got a call from the hospital, the next surgery is scheduled for november the 22nd, which is perfect. I will get back to The Netherlands from my Florida trip and the EPIC herf on the 17th, we have a herf planned here saturday the 20th and I will have to check myself in at the hospital on sunday the 21st.

:tu

10-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Congrats on the weight loss. Glad to hear it is going well. You'll be in my prayers for the up coming surgery.

Chingas
10-11-2010, 10:49 AM

That is Great news Ferdie! Very happy for you!:tu

smokin5
10-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Good timing!
After the Epic Herf, you'll probably want
to check into a hospital anyway......

gvarsity
10-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Congratulations and good luck with your coming surgery.

Don Fernando
11-18-2010, 12:08 AM
I bump this, as this sunday I will report at the hospital again, monday I go under the knife for part two, the splitting of the duo-denum. During my 3 week US trip I lost another 11 lbs, even with Smokin' Gators increddible BBQ, the great Cuban food, the Nicaraguan lunch I had with the Padrons, the Five Guys and Cheeseburger Baby burgers in Miami Beach and all the booze I drank. I'm on 286lbs now

Bill86
11-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Good to hear Ferdie, good luck brother!

GreekGodX
11-18-2010, 03:33 AM
Good Luck with surgery Ferdie :tu

TheMadBaker
11-18-2010, 05:36 AM
I bump this, as this sunday I will report at the hospital again, monday I go under the knife for part two, the splitting of the duo-denum. During my 3 week US trip I lost another 11 lbs, even with Smokin' Gators increddible BBQ, the great Cuban food, the Nicaraguan lunch I had with the Padrons, the Five Guys and Cheeseburger Baby burgers in Miami Beach and all the booze I drank. I'm on 286lbs now

Woo-Hoo, GOOD JOB and Ash says Good morning Uncle Ferdie, come back so I can lick your face!!!

Steve
11-18-2010, 06:41 AM
:tu:tu

Chingas
11-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Get it done Ferdie! Hoping for the best!

Partagaspete
11-20-2010, 08:30 AM
You lost around 10 lbs. in around a year. Impessive to say the least. You will be in my prayers this weeken and Monday fo a succesful surgery and a rapid recovery.

T

massphatness
11-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Good luck with the surgery. :tu

EricF
11-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Good Luck Ferdie! It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope to herf with you again very soon!!!

Superbad
11-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Good luck on the surgery. I wish you a great result and fast, easy recovery. It was wonderful to meet you, and I look forward to herfing with you again in the future.

Ashcan Bill
11-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Good luck buddy! I'll be thinking of you. :tu

Steve
11-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Take care Ferdie! You are in our thoughts during your surgery and recovery

Ahbroody
11-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Good luck sir.

Don Fernando
11-21-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm off to the hospital, hopefully I can post from my bed on tuesday to let you guys & girls know how it went

Cigarcop
11-21-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm off to the hospital, hopefully I can post from my bed on tuesday to let you guys & girls know how it went

Good luck my new friend...I'll be thinking about yah :tu

kelmac07
11-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Best of luck brother....you're in our thoughts & prayers.

cort
11-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Good luck Ferdie. I'll be pulling for ya:tu

Don Fernando
11-21-2010, 02:43 PM
At least the nurse is cute. But she made me shoot my own meds and I hate needles

14holestogie
11-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Maybe she doesn't like needles, either, Ferdie. How is she with the sponge? :D

Best of luck on the surgery,

Don Fernando
11-21-2010, 02:55 PM
No sponge yet, maybe tomorrow before the surgery.

Don Fernando
11-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Back from medium care, no pain, no nausea. I might even be dismissed today

Chingas
11-23-2010, 04:01 AM

Let's hope so. Glad you're feeling good!

Ashcan Bill
11-23-2010, 04:39 AM

Now that's some great news. :tu

Don Fernando
11-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Going home in a bit

kelmac07
11-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Going home in a bit

Great news brother!!!

Steve
11-23-2010, 06:16 AM

Going home in a bit

Glad to hear, here's to a quick recovery!

:tu:tu

longknocker
11-23-2010, 06:17 AM
Going home in a bit

Awesome News, My Brother!:banger:D

Superbad
11-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Going home in a bit

:tu
I am very glad to hear that!