PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"

Pages : [1] 2

VTDragon
08-24-2009, 07:48 AM
A new NFL season is almost upon us and we Pats fans need a place to ruminate about our favorite football team as the celebrate their 50th season. T Brady says the team is "on a mission" this year. I'm anticipating an appearance in the playoffs and then, who knows (by the time playoffs come, injuries are the biggest factor). At any rate it should be a fun ride.

dunng
08-24-2009, 07:53 AM
GO PATS! :tu

TheTraveler
08-24-2009, 08:23 AM
A "mission from God"?

<--- cues the Blues Brothers soundtrack while at work :D

coastietech
08-24-2009, 09:46 AM
<--- see the Jets winning the division and putting the Pats in there place both times they play. :r :tu

dunng
08-24-2009, 10:12 AM
:r :r :r Funny Man...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/trickdiesel/boondock.jpg

VTDragon
08-24-2009, 10:26 AM
<--- see the Jets winning the division and putting the Pats in there place both times they play. :r :tu
See, that's the nice thing about sports, people are allowed to indulge their fantasy, no matter how absurd.

Bruins Fan
08-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Go Pats :D

coastietech
08-24-2009, 10:42 AM
LOL Last year you barely beat us the first game and the second game we were dominate the whole game till the end and we still won in overtime. :tu

Oh and for the record our regular season record against you guys is 49-47 with 1 tie... So it's not like we can't beat you twice in a season. We have done it and will do it again. :D

Oh and let's not mention "spygate"... LMAO ;)

Bruins Fan
08-24-2009, 11:12 AM
coastietech this is a Pats thread :confused:

csbrewfisher
08-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Here's (http://www.gaypatriot.net/) the typical Pats fan...

coastietech
08-24-2009, 11:22 AM

I apologize I was just giving a little bit of healthy ribbing to a rival team. I will step out of your thread now. ;)

dunng
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM

Is that really necessary? Very tempted to ding ya... :td

Gargoyle
08-24-2009, 11:49 AM
I apologize I was just giving a little bit of healthy ribbing to a rival team. I will step out of your thread now. ;)

Nah, there needs to be balance. Without other teams, the Patriots (and any other team) are just having practice. The competition is what it's all about. :)

I like the Pats chances this year.

VTDragon
08-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey, I welcome the viewpoints of the fans of other teams. We diehard Patriot fans know which team is the best and all their trash talking is not going to change that. In fact, it is actually amusing to see just how misguided other fans can be.

On a more important note; I wonder what the fallout is going to be from Vince Wilfork now that the Pats have offered Nick Kazur a contract extension when they have consistently told Wilfork they would not be talking about his (Wilfork's) extension until the new CBA was in place and the team knew where they stood with the salary cap. This could be the first dissension in Camp Belicheck this year.

Gargoyle
08-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Wilfork is looking for franchise player cash, where Kaczer is more of an average salary situation. Nobody knows what the salary sitation will be in the comin years... but you can lock up your basic footsoldiers without too much consideration. Players like Brady, Seymour and Wilfork can make or break your team for years is you miscalculate.

chippewastud79
08-24-2009, 06:22 PM

Inappropriate and against forum rules. :td

VTDragon
08-26-2009, 07:04 AM
Friday's third preseason game vs the Redskins should be interesting for a lot of reasons:

The offense needs to get out of the funk they wee in in game two.

T Brady got what he wished for in game two and was hit hard. Now that that nonsense is behind him I'd like to see a solid half of consistent football from the franchise. I'm not looking for spectactular, just solid, accurate passes to the right receivers (open ones) and a good command of the offense.

L Maroney needs to step up here. The shoulder is healed and he's not the only back in town. I'd love to see him stop his backfield dancing.

B Watson is in a similar situation to Maroney, time to step it up.

I want to see more of the QB turened receiver Julien Edelman, this kid could be another Welker down the road, (and he can throw).

I wonder how Wilfork will play? It is time for the team to resolve his contract situation.

Lots more, but I gotta get backto work. Tune in Friday night, the game's on NBC nationwide.

VTDragon
08-31-2009, 07:37 AM
Re: the Redskins game:

The offense looked much better; T Brady (hope his shoulder is OK) and Moss looked to be in mid-season form. Maroney still shows more potential than results, but is looking somewhat better. I don't know if Ben Watson will make the team. The O'Connell experiment at QB is over. The receiving corp looks solid and running back by committee may actually work.

I'm still concerned about the defense. Our secondary looks suspect to me and I'd like to see some more pass rush from the linebackers. T Brusci is announcing his retirement today, sorry to see him go, but time stops for no man and he has had a great run. On a positive note the defensive line looks good, Seymore and Wilfork are as solid as ever. I suspect the Pats will be active on the defensive side in picking up people as teams whittle down to their final 53.

dunng
08-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Say it aint so Bruschi! :td

Gargoyle
08-31-2009, 09:20 AM
Say it aint so Bruschi! :td

Much sadness, but I'm glad he knew it was time... unlike Favre.

VTDragon
09-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Preseason is over and we survived without any major injuries.
Saddest part: the retirement of Teddy Bruschi, he will be missed.
Scariest part: seeing 350 lbs. land on top of Tom Brady. He seems to be OK though.
Most exciting: Brady and Moss haven't missed a beat... now this should be fun to watch.
Also exciting: Julien Edleman, (a Wes Welker clone it seems), Chris Baker, (look out for your job Ben Watson)
Should be a fun season, Go Pats!

dunng
09-06-2009, 10:02 AM
New England Patriots Trade Seymour to Raiders? SAY WHAT?? :eek:

Gargoyle
09-06-2009, 12:17 PM
NO KIDDING! I was half expecting that this was part of a 1-2 punch to get Peppers in... but that looks doubtful now.

Genetic Defect
09-06-2009, 12:34 PM

no its a general pipe interest thread.

----------------
Now playing: Guns N' Roses - Sorry (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/guns+n+roses/track/sorry)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Genetic Defect
09-06-2009, 12:34 PM
New England Patriots Trade Seymour to Raiders? SAY WHAT?? :eek:

what??

----------------
Now playing: Guns N' Roses - Sorry (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/guns+n+roses/track/sorry)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Bruins Fan
09-06-2009, 02:26 PM
No big loss, a lot of dog in Seymour and he did not play as an elite player the last few seasons.
Now the Pats have the cash to pay Wilfork and not have to listen to Seymour.
What I like about the Pats, is reputation don't mean jack, play hard or your gone.
just my .02

taltos
09-06-2009, 03:32 PM
New England Patriots Trade Seymour to Raiders? SAY WHAT?? :eek:It gets rid of Seymour after he gave the Pats an ultimatum that he gets an extension or he walks at the end of the year. It frees up $3.6 million to sign Wilfork and helps with Brady. They took a first in 2011 which is after the uncapped year and when they think that there will be hard cap slots for rookies. They also have faith in their rookies who did look good even against first team players from other teams. It will take a year to see if they made the right choices.

Bruins Fan
09-06-2009, 04:43 PM
With Richards contract coming up he would have been looking for say 25 million guaranteed signing bonus, Pats were not going to pay that.
One of the Pats strengths is the D line with a lot of depth.
The 2011 draft pick is all about the future, coach Bill knows what he is doing, I think :D

VTDragon
09-08-2009, 08:19 AM
Seymour had some good years, but his best are behind him and the Pats never were going to be able to re-sign both him and Wilfork for next year. No doubt that the trade hurts us a little this year, but I beleive it will work out to our benefit in the long run. In Bill we trust.

Bruins Fan
09-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Seymour is a no show in Oakland :r

VTDragon
09-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Seymour is a no show in Oakland :r
He'll show up eventually, (he actually has five days before the league does anything). He's probably looking for some extra perks in his contract.

VTDragon
09-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Some observations after the terrific win against Buffalo:

Tom Brady was definitely rusty at the beginning of this game. Fortunately he got better as the game progressed and was his old self by the 4th quarter.

We are going to need to score a lot of points this year with our young defense, especially if Jarod Mayo is gone for any length of time. However - the defensive backs were better than I expected.

Maroney looked better than last year, but still not like when he was a rookie.

Randy Moss is as close to an unstopable receiver as there is in this league.

Just when I had give up on Ben Watson he comes through, TWICE ! Good for you Ben make a believer out of me.

Wilfork looked re-energized, maybe he is anticipating a big contract now that Seymore is gone. By the way, what was wrong with his sack? It looked like a clean hit on the QB to me.

Jets up next, hope the defense gets more energized.

VTDragon
09-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Well, it just looked like the Jets wanted this one more than the Pats did.
Sigh....can't win 'em all.

Bruins Fan
09-21-2009, 03:23 PM
What a stinker Brady played, all the pointing and delay of game calls, he could not hit a bull in the a$$ with a pass.
The funny thing is the Pats were still in the game and had a chance to pull it out.

icantbejon
09-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Pats suck....good win Jets!

Go Bills!!!

The Poet
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
What a stinker Brady played, all the pointing and delay of game calls, he could not hit a bull in the a$$ with a pass.
The funny thing is the Pats were still in the game and had a chance to pull it out.

Brother, don't wanna start nuthin', but you aren't giving the Jets new defensive schemes - and the noisy Jets fans in GIANTS Stadium - enough credit here. If the D is stunting, and your QB is unable to call audibles due to the raucous crowd, your offense will sputter, and you can get delay-of-games.

Gargoyle
09-21-2009, 03:35 PM
I think it had to be a frustrating game for both Jets and Pats fans in the first half. Neither team was hitting their stride and the game was right there for the taking for anyone that could show a little discipline and execution. It was almost like a stalemate of ineptness and the team that sucked less would not lose... vs. someone stepping up to win.

The Jets came out from halftime and seemed to fined some rhythm and had a couple of nice-looking drives before they started to fall back into an offensive funk as well. But it was enough to win.

While it could be said that both defenses were playing well, it felt more like the offense struggled to find any consistency for both teams. While D plays a hugh factor into that, there were too many mental mistakes vs. plays made on the field.

While I certainly want to see the Pats win, I can take a loss (with much swearing along the way) if the effort was there. I just didn't like it was this Sunday. :(

coastietech
09-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Just wanted to stop by and say hi... :ss:wo

Bruins Fan
09-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Brother, don't wanna start nuthin', but you aren't giving the Jets new defensive schemes - and the noisy Jets fans in GIANTS Stadium - enough credit here. If the D is stunting, and your QB is unable to call audibles due to the raucous crowd, your offense will sputter, and you can get delay-of-games.
Call what you will, you think that D is any different then the Ravens?
Noisy crowd did not matter, no place was louder then playing in Indy.
The way I seen it it was a bad offensive game for the Pats, and Jets treated it like their Super Bowl.
Congrats to the Jets for the win, but I think the outcome will be a little different come November 22.
We will get an idea how things are going to shake out come the 6th or 7th week of the season.

dunng
09-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Call what you will, you think that D is any different then the Ravens?
Noisy crowd did not matter, no place was louder then playing in Indy.
The way I seen it it was a bad offensive game for the Pats, and Jets treated it like their Super Bowl.
Congrats to the Jets for the win, but I think the outcome will be a little different come November 22.
We will get an idea how things are going to shake out come the 6th or 7th week of the season.

:tpd: I agree with all... as well I know a former Pats player that will vouch for the noise at Indy! :c

Resipsa
09-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Sorry, but he didn't get it done.:)

Why was that excuse never good enough for Manning against the Pats D's that Belichick drew up;)

dogface_313
09-21-2009, 06:28 PM
That came was just disappointing!

kelmac07
09-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Uh-oh...mission failure!!

dunng
09-22-2009, 04:38 AM
Uh-oh...mission failure!!

Way to early to say that.... :tt

2000ARMY
09-22-2009, 04:42 AM
The Pats will be fine.

icantbejon
09-22-2009, 07:24 AM
The Pats will not win the division this year. I'm calling it now. Not sure who will, but it won't be the Pats.

Go Bills!!

coastietech
09-22-2009, 08:06 AM
The Pats will not win the division this year. I'm calling it now. Not sure who will, but it won't be the Pats.

Go Bills!!

The only way the Pats are going to the playoffs this year is as a wildcard. I have no doubts the Jets can and will take the AFC East spot. :banger

icantbejon
09-22-2009, 08:07 AM
The only way the Pats are going to the playoffs this year is as a wildcard. I have no doubts the Jets can and will take the AFC East spot. :banger

I'd love to say the Bills stand a chance, but I have to be realistic. Oh well.

coastietech
09-22-2009, 08:19 AM
I'd love to say the Bills stand a chance, but I have to be realistic. Oh well.

I think you guys will have a better record than the Pats will...

I just don't think the Pats are the team they were. They lost a lot of talent on the defense. Brady still looks gun shy. And now that teams know what the weakness is, flushing Brady out of the pocket makes him fold, I just don't see them being the threat to the league that they once were. :2

dogface_313
09-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Sorry Joe, but I think you are not giving this team the respect they deserve. First two games they certainly did not look too good. However, there is a reason they play 16 games and the season is not decided after the first two games.

coastietech
09-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Sorry Joe, but I think you are not giving this team the respect they deserve. First two games they certainly did not look too good. However, there is a reason they play 16 games and the season is not decided after the first two games.

I give them the respect that they were a great team. They aren't the same team this year. That's a fact. You don't have Bruschi, Vrabel or many others. You defense is a shell of what it was in previous years that's a fact.

Brady is a great QB but only when he's in the pocket. He is a pocket passer and crumbles on the scramble. That is a fact. Look at the numbers.

Teams change sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst, unfortunately for the Pats fans the Pats lost a great deal of solid players.

2000ARMY
09-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Talk to me in December... NE will win the division.

icantbejon
09-22-2009, 09:02 AM
It will be interesting to see. I don't think the AFC East is the strong division that it was in the past. I think it will be a tight race within the division, but I remember the glory days of the East where we always sent two to the Playoffs and could have gotten away sending three. Remember when the Dolphins and Bills were actually competitive? And Bledsoe was throwing for you guys? Those were the days for the East.

Gargoyle
09-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Let's not forget that even though the Patriots D lost 5 starters from last year and Mayo is out 6-8 weeks... they held the Bills offense to 17 points and the Jets to 16. That is pretty respectable and the new faces on D will improve and improve their communications with each game.

We expect better things on the O side. It will take Brady a few more games to get his timing back and to work out the chemistry with the new players. You had a rookie QB starting a WR and Galloway is still learning the offense. Things will improve with some more games here as well.

Resipsa
09-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Stick a fork in them.

I called this a couple of years ago, an old, fat slow defense just kept getting older, fatter and slower. Belechik sealed their fate this year by trading one of the only capable playmakers on D, Seymore, to the NFL equivalent of Siberia. Not sure what he did to piss Mr. Ego off, but I'd love to hear the story which I'm sure we will eventually

dogface_313
09-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Stick a fork in them.

I called this a couple of years ago, an old, fat slow defense just kept getting older, fatter and slower. Belechik sealed their fate this year by trading one of the only capable playmakers on D, Seymore, to the NFL equivalent of Siberia. Not sure what he did to piss Mr. Ego off, but I'd love to hear the story which I'm sure we will eventually

So, they have lost one game and they are done?

I can't wait untill next week when Tom Brady turns it around and takes a dump on the Falcons(too bad, I really like Matt Ryan, him being a BC grad). I understand that there are a TON of Patriots haters out there, but it is one thing to hate them, and a completely seperate thing to think that they are a garbage team. They will have atleast 12 wins this year, quote me on that!

coastietech
09-22-2009, 01:34 PM
So, they have lost one game and they are done?

I can't wait untill next week when Tom Brady turns it around and takes a dump on the Falcons(too bad, I really like Matt Ryan, him being a BC grad). I understand that there are a TON of Patriots haters out there, but it is one thing to hate them, and a completely seperate thing to think that they are a garbage team. They will have atleast 12 wins this year, quote me on that!

:hm Sounds like a bet in the making to me... :r

icehog3
09-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Simmer down now. :r

The Poet
09-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Simmer down now. :r

Masshole fans, regardless of the sport, and "simmer down" do NOT go together, my friend. :ss

dogface_313
09-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I tend to get heated over my sports teams. The hatred towards the Patriots has grown exponentially over the past few years. People like to claim it is because of the taping episode, but I would venture to say it has more to do with the fact that people hate a winner. I was raised on NE sports teams that were jokes, but they were our jokes. Now that they are legit teams I often get defensive about them.

I think I need sports fan counseling. "Hi, I'm Ryan, and I am a CeltiRedBruPat fanatic."

Gargoyle
09-22-2009, 02:55 PM
I tend to get heated over my sports teams. The hatred towards the Patriots has grown exponentially over the past few years. People like to claim it is because of the taping episode, but I would venture to say it has more to do with the fact that people hate a winner. I was raised on NE sports teams that were jokes, but they were our jokes. Now that they are legit teams I often get defensive about them.

I think I need sports fan counseling. "Hi, I'm Ryan, and I am a CeltiRedBruPat fanatic."

No kidding! I remember suffering on the freezing aluminum benches many years ago when the "Patsies" were getting nuked 45-3 by the Falcons. Then the balance of power shifts and people get pissed that we are percieved to run up the score... I remember this game and want more blood!

I enjoy the moment now, because as we have seen with the Bruins and Celtics a few years ago, things can fall apart and you are bottom dwellers quickly.

VTDragon
09-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Congrats to the Jets for the win, but I think the outcome will be a little different come November 22....

Yes, :tpd:this game was MUCH bigger to the Jets than the Patriots. It kind of reminded me of the years following a Super Bowl win when every team the Pats faced had them as the biggest game on the schedule. Having said that, there really was no excuse for the poor offensive performance they put in. They better wake up against the Falcons or things will not be looking good.

The Poet
09-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Speaking of Superbowl wins, two words - David Tyree. :jd

Sorry, couldn't resist that. :ss

RJK18
09-22-2009, 03:30 PM

I think the hatred comes from that @-hole coach. Wow what a jerk. He doesn't even show mutual respect for an opposing coach and player coming to shake his hand after a game.

coastietech
09-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I think the hatred comes from that @-hole coach. Wow what a jerk. He doesn't even show mutual respect for an opposing coach and player coming to shake his hand after a game.

:tpd:

That is the main reason for my dislike, I'm mean other than the bad blood rivalry that the teams have. :r

dogface_313
09-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Joe and Rob, like I said before everybody hates a winner. :hf

I can't wait to see the Pats play next week. It is going to be like a Prize fighter that has tasted his own blood for a first time in a long time. They are going to come out in the first half like Mike Tyson answering the opening bell!

icehog3
09-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Joe and Rob, like I said before everybody hates a winner. :hf

I can't wait to see the Pats play next week. It is going to be like a Prize fighter that has tasted his own blood for a first time in a long time. They are going to come out in the first half like Mike Tyson answering the opening bell!

They're going to bite someone's ear off? :confused:

dogface_313
09-22-2009, 05:21 PM
They're going to bite someone's ear off? :confused:

Maybe, I hope not because then they will be called cheaters again.

I have a question for all.

Who really thinks that their beloved team, whomever they may be, is not doing something the league may frown upon. I am willing to venture that every team in the NFL is doing something to gain an edge.

icehog3
09-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Maybe, I hope not because then they will be called cheaters again.

I have a question for all.

Who really thinks that their beloved team, whomever they may be, is not doing something the league may frown upon. I am willing to venture that every team in the NFL is doing something to gain an edge.

The Bears need to take some lessons then. :r

dogface_313
09-22-2009, 05:36 PM
The Bears need to take some lessons then. :r

lol i didn't say they were cheating to win, simply that they were all probably doing something. even cheating can't make up for a lack of talent!

TheTraveler
09-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Then the balance of power shifts and people get pissed that we are percieved to run up the score... I remember this game and want more blood!

I say show no mercy in ANY sport. It's a field of play/combat/glory, not a place to play pat-a-cake. :r

Seriously, though, I think running up a score is the only way to play. If you're not going to give it 100% don't step on the field. Besides, a lot of players in the last 1/3 of their careers depend on the stats they've built and the reputation they've earned. Hitting cruise at the end of blow-out games could cost them a couple of hits/20 more yards/another 5 baskets/etc, and over a couple of years that makes a difference in their stats.

On the flip side - I realize that with the physicality of these games it's possible a player may get a terrible injury by NOT slowing down at the end of a blow-out game. You take your chances either way ... I say go down fighting.

/threadjack Sorry about that. :)

Back on topic, I root for the Pats any time they play unless they happen to play the Steelers or the Bears or the Browns - those are the teams I really root for. I've always been a fan of most things NE - football, furniture and maple syrup top the list. After all, you guys pretty much fathered this nation's rebellion against the jolly old Brits. :D (nothing against the Brits, you guys make FANTASTIC pipe tobacco and Pusser's Rum is out of this world! :r ).

Geez, am I rambling? Where are my meds? Oh, there's that cigar ... good, I can calm down now.

One final note ... I've never seen a hockey game hit cruise control. Those guys are fighters! :tu

GO PATS !!! (unless you're playing my teams)

Resipsa
09-22-2009, 05:45 PM
there's a difference between hating a team (hey I hate the Jets, see how easy that is) and just thinking a team is on the decline and not very good anymore.

Just because people don't worship at your altar doesn't make them haters.

Resipsa
09-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Apparantly Im not alone......

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10107514/On-the-Mark:-Pats%27-time-has-passed

dogface_313
09-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Apparantly Im not alone......

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10107514/On-the-Mark:-Pats%27-time-has-passed

article written by a hater! lol

dogface_313
09-22-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm done talking, I want Sunday to come now!

2000ARMY
09-22-2009, 07:05 PM
like I said .... lets have this conversation in December.

Genetic Defect
09-22-2009, 11:34 PM
like I said .... lets have this conversation in December.

is it going to take that long for them to win again?

colimo
09-22-2009, 11:43 PM
unfortunately for you Pats fans, your team will come here in 3 weeks to play a replay of one of the original old AFL games, as a matter of fact the first one played by both teams....

and unfortunately for you, the result will be the same 50 years later....

BRONCOS WIN :ss:tu
:su

coastietech
09-23-2009, 06:35 AM
is it going to take that long for them to win again?

This guy wins the interweb!! Bwhahahahahaha!!!:banger

macpappy
09-23-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm looking forward to Nov. 30. Could be a high scoring game.

VTDragon
09-23-2009, 09:13 AM
All of the preceding posts just reaffirm what I have long thought about sports. It is the best entertainment available. I truly love cheering my New England teams on and obviously many of you do the same for your teams. None of us win all the time and many arguments can be made as to which team or coach is better and why, but in the end it sure is fun to cheer them on. Go Pats!

dogface_313
09-28-2009, 07:17 PM
well, they did win yesterday. But, the receivers need to hold onto the damn ball!

VTDragon
09-29-2009, 10:15 AM
I wonder if Bill is regretting the Joel Galloway deal now. Let's trade him to Oakland for another draft pick before Al Davis keels over and we can't take advantage of him anymore.

Resipsa
09-29-2009, 12:00 PM
they still stink.

dunng
09-29-2009, 12:33 PM
they still stink.

Thank you for the insightful post... :tg

Resipsa
09-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Thank you for the insightful post... :tg

True my post was not insightful at all.

The sports world already KNEW they stink. :r

dogface_313
09-29-2009, 08:08 PM
True my post was not insightful at all.

The sports world already KNEW they stink. :r

Football season is a marathon, not a sprint

Resipsa
09-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Football season is a marathon, not a sprint

dude. I know a thing or two about marathons, :r

dogface_313
09-30-2009, 05:28 AM
dude. I know a thing or two about marathons, :r

Well it seems you might want to stick to marathons, leave the football to the big boys. (what is your team by the way?) :hf

on an unrelated note. Wilhite pulled his groin running from someone following him?

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4516186

Resipsa
09-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Well it seems you might want to stick to marathons, leave the football to the big boys. (what is your team by the way?) :hf

on an unrelated note. Wilhite pulled his groin running from someone following him?

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4516186

Just a tip. There are members in this thread who have bantered about football and the Patises long before this board existed, and maybe, just maybe, you don't understand some of the dynamics. :).

Tom Brady is the most overrated QB in the history of the league, and is showing it. :r

taltos
10-01-2009, 05:24 AM
Just a tip. There are members in this thread who have bantered about football and the Patises long before this board existed, and maybe, just maybe, you don't understand some of the dynamics. :).

Tom Brady is the most overrated QB in the history of the league, and is showing it. :rWould still take Brady over the Forehead.:fu

dogface_313
10-01-2009, 05:37 AM

Tom Brady is the most overrated QB in the history of the league, and is showing it. :r

FAIL on that statement. Saying the Patriots are hurting this year is one thing, but that statement is straight up wrong.

Patiots by two touchdowns over the Ravens defense this weekend. Brady throws for three. Two to Moss, Galloway finally catches a ball for one.

Resipsa
10-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Would still take Brady over the Forehead.:fu

Paul!!!

Good to see you.

Yes, the forehead has been playing terribly, :r

Always said the Tom "The Baby" Bradys success had everything to do with the Pats D and little to do with him, he's nothing more than a game manager, NOT a QB. More Chad Pennington than Johnny U. Cassel's success last year proved my point, put a monkey in NE as QB and you'd see no change, :D

Now we're seeing how bad he plays without that D. Shame. No really :r

dogface_313
10-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Paul!!!

Good to see you.

Yes, the forehead has been playing terribly, :r

Always said the Tom "The Baby" Bradys success had everything to do with the Pats D and little to do with him, he's nothing more than a game manager, NOT a QB. More Chad Pennington than Johnny U. Cassel's success last year proved my point, put a monkey in NE as QB and you'd see no change, :D

Now we're seeing how bad he plays without that D. Shame. No really :r

A game manager that holds the single season passing touchdown record, enough said.

I am actually not going to argue this point anymore, this is a silly discussion.

VTDragon
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
...The sports world already KNEW they stink. :r
I guess that's why Sports Illustrated picked them to win the Super Bowl.

Resipsa
10-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Dude. You're showing your age, Sports Illustrated hasn't been relevant in the sports world for a very long Time. Unless swimsuits are
considered a sport :D

TheTraveler
10-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Dude. You're showing your age, Sports Illustrated hasn't been relevant in the sports world for a very long Time. Unless swimsuits are
considered a sport :D

They most certainly are! They're a spectator sport. :D

As for the Pats, I almost always root for them. I certainly hope they win most of their games ... that would be a hoot! :tu

Mikey202
10-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Brady just got call out by his old teammate, " Take off the skirt, and put on some slacks, BE A MAN!!!" Classic!!!! HAHA!!!!:D

timo
10-04-2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/10/report_seau_to_1.html

Yeah baby!:)

Resipsa
10-04-2009, 08:41 PM
And the old, slow and fat just keep getting older, slower and fatter, :r:r:r

colimo
10-05-2009, 12:30 AM
unfortunately for you all, the Pats are going to run into the buzz saw that is the Denver Bronco Defense....
Broncos 14, pats 10

icehog3
10-05-2009, 12:46 AM
I am just excited that Johnny U. was referenced in a thread here other than one of mine. :)

Resipsa
10-05-2009, 01:01 AM
I am just excited that Johnny U. was referenced in a thread here other than one of mine. :)

Hey......:r

icehog3
10-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Hey......:r

Hey yerself. :)

2000ARMY
10-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Brady just got call out by his old teammate, " Take off the skirt, and put on some slacks, BE A MAN!!!" Classic!!!! HAHA!!!!:D

This was a joke ..... Rodney texted Brady at halftime and told him he was going to say it .... Brady laughed.

2000ARMY
10-05-2009, 01:23 AM
unfortunately for you all, the Pats are going to run into the buzz saw that is the Denver Bronco Defense....
Broncos 14, pats 10

I am not sure if you are serious.

Bruins Fan
10-05-2009, 02:33 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/10/report_seau_to_1.html

Yeah baby!:)

Junior, done an interview at the Bruins game, and said if Bill called he was coming.
He may be forty but knows how to play the game, and will be a great guy in the locker room.:tu

timo
10-05-2009, 03:51 AM
Broncos 14, pats 10
HaHa the buzz saw that hasn't played anyone:r:r

taltos
10-05-2009, 06:12 AM
And the old, slow and fat just keep getting older, slower and fatter, :r:r:rNo need to insult me this early in the season.:su

dogface_313
10-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Junior, done an interview at the Bruins game, and said if Bill called he was coming.
He may be forty but knows how to play the game, and will be a great guy in the locker room.:tu

Agreed, they need a personality like his to be a leader on defense.

VTDragon
10-05-2009, 08:36 AM
I had the pleasure of being at yesterday's game and there were a bunch of mouthy Ravens fans sitting behind us. They were rude and obnoxious for a good part of the game but became VERY quiet during the fourth quarter. Even they did not seem to believe that the Ravens could score on their last drive.

Some observations:

Brady is improving every week. His timing and anticipation of where his receivers will be continue to improve. He will need to be at his best against McDaniels and company in Denver.

The young defense is also improving weekly. It was good to see Wilfork back in there and interesting that Baltimore's vaunted running game was essientially a no show against him and the Patriots defense. Hopefully we will get Mayo back for the Denver game.

Wes Welker makes a huge difference when he is in the game. With both him and Moss on the field at the same time defenses have a very hard time with the matchups. Someone is left in one on one coverage and Brady inevitably finds them. I am intrigued by the idea of Welker, Moss and Edelman all on the field at the same time.

Even I think the NFL has gone a bit too far with their protecting the quarterback rules. Whenever we get a QB hurry or sack, I find myself looking for the flag.

Lawrence Maroney should be relegated to the bench. He no longer has the will to stick his nose into a pile and run North and South. The only situation he is good at is catching a screen pass in the flat with no defender immediately in front of him.

The offensive line is playing well overall. T Brady mostly had lots of time to find receivers yesterday.

Overall a good win against a good team. Big game coming up against the undefeated Broncos next week. I think that the team that goes in with the most emotion will have the edge in this one. The whole Belicheck vs. MccDaniels thing will be what the network geniuses will be playing up. I'm thinking that the mentor might still have some lessons for his old student.

dogface_313
10-05-2009, 09:59 AM
I had the pleasure of being at yesterday's game and there were a bunch of mouthy Ravens fans sitting behind us. They were rude and obnoxious for a good part of the game but became VERY quiet during the fourth quarter. Even they did not seem to believe that the Ravens could score on their last drive.

Some observations:

Brady is improving every week. His timing and anticipation of where his receivers will be continue to improve. He will need to be at his best against McDaniels and company in Denver.

The young defense is also improving weekly. It was good to see Wilfork back in there and interesting that Baltimore's vaunted running game was essientially a no show against him and the Patriots defense. Hopefully we will get Mayo back for the Denver game.

Wes Welker makes a huge difference when he is in the game. With both him and Moss on the field at the same time defenses have a very hard time with the matchups. Someone is left in one on one coverage and Brady inevitably finds them. I am intrigued by the idea of Welker, Moss and Edelman all on the field at the same time.

Even I think the NFL has gone a bit too far with their protecting the quarterback rules. Whenever we get a QB hurry or sack, I find myself looking for the flag.

Lawrence Maroney should be relegated to the bench. He no longer has the will to stick his nose into a pile and run North and South. The only situation he is good at is catching a screen pass in the flat with no defender immediately in front of him.

The offensive line is playing well overall. T Brady mostly had lots of time to find receivers yesterday.

Overall a good win against a good team. Big game coming up against the undefeated Broncos next week. I think that the team that goes in with the most emotion will have the edge in this one. The whole Belicheck vs. MccDaniels thing will be what the network geniuses will be playing up. I'm thinking that the mentor might still have some lessons for his old student.

I agree with everything you wrote. Offense looked much better this game. That last drive culminating with the TD pass to Moss looked great. They were certainly clicking.

Giant & 49er Fan
10-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Great game for the Pats! Fun to watch. :tu

dogface_313
10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
The Pats really need to play well now. I have just placed a 10 pk of cigars on the jets not winning the AFC East, the only ones who will stop them are the Patriots.

coastietech
10-06-2009, 03:53 PM
The Pats really need to play well now. I have just placed a 10 pk of cigars on the jets not winning the AFC East, the only ones who will stop them are the Patriots.

Bwhahahahaha having doubts now, I see. :r

Start picking out the cigars you want to send me now. The Pats have no chance unless some divine intervention destroys the Jets during the season. :tu:ss

Resipsa
10-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Watching this thread hilarious seeing guys argue about whose team sucks the least, LOL

2000ARMY
10-07-2009, 03:53 AM
Pats have a tough game this week but I think Brady and Belichick want to beat McDaniels badly.

Pats Defense has been great so far .... I hope they can maintain the intensity

2000ARMY
10-07-2009, 03:54 AM
Bwhahahahaha having doubts now, I see. :r

Start picking out the cigars you want to send me now. The Pats have no chance unless some divine intervention destroys the Jets during the season. :tu:ss

The Jets are great at self destructing on their own ... no help needed

dogface_313
10-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Big game today!!

dogface_313
10-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Broncos 14, pats 10

Pretty close.

NFL Overtime rules are horrible. I have been saying this for a while. They should take a note from college football.

dunng
10-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Pretty close.

NFL Overtime rules are horrible. I have been saying this for a while. They should take a note from college football.

:tpd: 100%!

VTDragon
10-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Tough loss to Belicheck's former pupil.

Some observations:

The Pats won the first half, Broncos won the second half and then Broncos won the OT.

Broncos made better half time adjustments than Patriots. (Score one for the pupil)

Broncos were more inovative with their offense than Patriots, (score 2 for the pupil)

Patriots were hitting harder in the first half, (terrific protection for Brady) but seemed to back off during the second half and OT. The team was uncharacteristically flustered when they were unable to connect on their offensive schemes.

Patriots defense was picked apart by the Broncos being very Patriots like with a short passing game to lots of different receivers. Belicheck should be able to defend against this.

Patriots do need to sign Junior. That defense is in need of some passion. Allowing the Broncos to drive the length of the field in the fourth quarter
was just plain unacceptable.

Finally, it was not a good day for Tom Brady. Even an average game from him and the Patriots win this in spite of the defensive lapses.

Congrats to Denver for a good win. Now we put this behind us and bring on the Titans.

Resipsa
10-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Tough loss to Belicheck's former pupil.

Some observations:

The Pats won the first half, Broncos won the second half and then Broncos won the OT.

Broncos made better half time adjustments than Patriots. (Score one for the pupil)

Broncos were more inovative with their offense than Patriots, (score 2 for the pupil)

Patriots were hitting harder in the first half, (terrific protection for Brady) but seemed to back off during the second half and OT. The team was uncharacteristically flustered when they were unable to connect on their offensive schemes.

Patriots defense was picked apart by the Broncos being very Patriots like with a short passing game to lots of different receivers. Belicheck should be able to defend against this.

Patriots do need to sign Junior. That defense is in need of some passion. Allowing the Broncos to drive the length of the field in the fourth quarter
was just plain unacceptable.

Finally, it was not a good day for Tom Brady. Even an average game from him and the Patriots win this in spite of the defensive lapses.

Congrats to Denver for a good win. Now we put this behind us and bring on the Titans.
I'm curious as to why you think signing a 50 year linebacker who played poorly his last few years is going to help your team?

The Poet
10-12-2009, 02:58 PM

Mayhaps you have held this opinion "for a while", yet I doubt if you'd have expressed it had the ball been off the other foot. :D

Bruins Fan
10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I pin this loss on Brady, his inability to move the ball down field, 5-6 yard passes to Welker just don't cut it, the TD pass to Watson was thrown behind him.
Zero catches for Moss, on top of that no running game.
The way I see it this year the Pats have gone from one of the elite teams, to just a good team.
That can change, but I just don't see the personnel to make it happen.

dogface_313
10-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Mayhaps you have held this opinion "for a while", yet I doubt if you'd have expressed it had the ball been off the other foot. :D

So now you are making a judgment about my integrity?

The Poet
10-12-2009, 04:24 PM
So now you are making a judgment about my integrity?

No, not at all. Just pointing out that it's human nature to dislike something that does not benefit oneself, yet accept it if it does. If that offends you, then ;s

VTDragon
10-14-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm curious as to why you think signing a 50 year linebacker who played poorly his last few years is going to help your team?
Experience, passion, knowledge and most of all LEADERSHIP. That is what Junior brings to the table and that is what this defense needs right now.

Resipsa
10-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Experience, passion, knowledge and most of all LEADERSHIP. That is what Junior brings to the table and that is what this defense needs right now.

No, what your team needs is guys with talent who can play. I bantered with about this going back at least a couple of years now, the pats were an old, slow team then and they've just gotten older and slower. Your watching the swan song now. They've drafted poorly for
several years, and the chickens are coming home to
roost. Look at their offense. Who are the playmakers they've drafted over the past 5 years? Same for defense, with Mayo the exception and one year does not a star make. I see watching the playoffs in their future for years to come

VTDragon
10-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I bantered with you about this going back at least a couple of years now, the pats were an old, slow team then ...

Let's see a couple of years ago .... that would be the team that went 16-0 in the regular season and only lost the Super Bowl to a miracle catch against the helmet? Maybe you were thinking of the team that lost the best QB in football last year and just barely missed the playoffs with a backup QB who didn't even play in college. I'll take our old and slow team vs. the Colts anytime.

Blueface
10-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Let's see a couple of years ago .... that would be the team that went 16-0 in the regular season and only lost the Super Bowl to a miracle catch against the helmet? Maybe you were thinking of the team that lost the best QB in football last year and just barely missed the playoffs with a backup QB who didn't even play in college. I'll take our old and slow team vs. the Colts anytime.

:r
Big fan here of that team with that miracle catch.
In fact, we can even call it a greater miracle than the immaculate conception.
In fact, we can call it a greater miracle than life, the planets, the universe.

Whatever we call it, we will still have to call the Giants "Super Bowl Champions" for that year.
16-0 was great for the Patriots BUT it was that last one that got away that truly mattered.

As to the second part, BARELY generally counts for very little.:D My boss would never pay me for barely completing my job.

Sorry, on top of a dedicated Giants fan, I am a dedicated hate any team from the Boston area person also. Yup, Yankees fan here also.

Resipsa
10-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Let's see a couple of years ago .... that would be the only team In NFL history to go 16-0 in the regular season and lose the Super Bowl ? Maybe you were thinking of the team that lost the best QB in football last year and just barely missed the playoffs with a backup QB who didn't even play in college. I'll take our old and slow team vs. the Colts anytime.

:confused:Manning has never played for the Patsies...:confused:

And I corrected your post for you.......:r

macpappy
10-15-2009, 02:55 PM
:confused:Manning has never played for the Patsies...:confused:

And I corrected your post for you.......:r

Neither one of them have played for the patsies.

VTDragon
10-16-2009, 02:15 PM
We'll see how the current version of the Dolts do against the Patriots on Nov 15th.

Resipsa
10-17-2009, 03:49 PM
We'll see how the current version of the Dolts do against the Patriots on Nov 15th.Yes. We will.:r

On a lighter note, little Tommy Brady needs to toughen up a little bit. Here's the link to the entire article, http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12373081

but check this quote:

" Brady, the 2007 MVP, was at the center of a brouhaha in Week 4, when two of New England's touchdowns against Baltimore were set up by roughing-the-passer calls. Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who was fined Friday for hits in last weekend's loss to Cincinnati, found it "embarrassing to the game." His teammate Terrell Suggs said, "Maybe next year it'll be two-hand touch to get a sack."

Brady's take? He's not in Favre's camp on this.

"Are you kidding me? We're holding the ball, we're unprotected, just sitting there defenseless. So they've got to stay away from me," he said. "They deserve to get flagged."

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 02:23 PM
I guess it really is rough to be on top, I love the people that continually come in this thread simply to hate on the Patriots. Yes, they are not as good as they have been in the past. No, they are not a bad team. No, the refs don't decide games. Players know the rules, don't break them. Roughing the Passer Penalties are barely up this year, and are lower than other years.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4538968
Ray Lewis has always been a cry baby, it is always somebody else fault in his mind. Did anybody hear the Patriots whining, like the rest of the league does now, after the Giants won?

Oh yeah, GO PATS.

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Big fan here of that team with that miracle catch.
In fact, we can even call it a greater miracle than the immaculate conception.
In fact, we can call it a greater miracle than life, the planets, the universe.

Whatever we call it, we will still have to call the Giants "Super Bowl Champions" for that year.
16-0 was great for the Patriots BUT it was that last one that got away that truly mattered.

As to the second part, BARELY generally counts for very little.:D My boss would never pay me for barely completing my job.

Sorry, on top of a dedicated Giants fan, I am a dedicated hate any team from the Boston area person also. Yup, Yankees fan here also.

Those Giants played well today. They were almost doubled up. Eli Manning is a whiner just like his brother. Plantar Fasciitis?!?! I have battled this for a long time, it does hurt, but it has never kept me from doing my job.

Resipsa
10-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I love guys who don't know the history behind things, yet weigh in on things anyways:r

dunng
10-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Who the F$#@ cares about history, we are talking about this season and then get stuck hearing from everyone who dislikes the Pats...

Resipsa
10-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Patriots fans have been dishing it out to fans of other teams for a long time both here and at CS, and you really shouldn't dish it out if you can't take it. ;)

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Bitter Bitter fans.

History? What history am I missing?

Bruins Fan
10-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Brady sets record, five TD passes in one quarter :wo

yachties23
10-18-2009, 04:19 PM
If Belicheck keeps him in the game in this rout, he is just asking for him to get hurt.

2000ARMY
10-18-2009, 04:21 PM
WoW!!!

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Go Buffalo!

Resipsa
10-18-2009, 04:35 PM
oh, the irony......

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 04:41 PM
I really hope this is a preview of the rest of the season. I want to hear more whiners talk about running up the score

macpappy
10-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Brady sets record, five TD passes in one quarter :wo

Against the Tennessee Titans (Tennessee's version of the Oakland Raiders).
Still, 5 touchdowns in one quarter is impressive. It took the Saints two quarters to do that against the previously unbeaten Giants.

Starscream
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm mad at CBS for taking this game off the air and putting the Bills/Jets game on. I was enjoying that game!:(

Sawyer
10-18-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm mad at CBS for taking this game off the air and putting the Bills/Jets game on. I was enjoying that game!:(

And I was here asking for them to do it sooner. I couldn't believe that they came back to it after halftime. I am not even sure why it was the chosen game here in the first place.

Starscream
10-18-2009, 05:14 PM
And I was here asking for them to do it sooner. I couldn't believe that they came back to it after halftime. I am not even sure why it was the chosen game here in the first place.

I don't care if they're blowouts or not, I love watching football when it's snowing on the field. Wish they'd play in bad weather for baseball games too.

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Love it!

Blueface
10-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Those Giants played well today. They were almost doubled up. Eli Manning is a whiner just like his brother. Plantar Fasciitis?!?! I have battled this for a long time, it does hurt, but it has never kept me from doing my job.

I really hope this is a preview of the rest of the season. I want to hear more whiners talk about running up the score

Yeah, they lost.
Would love to see the Patriots play N.O. and then we can compare notes/outcome. Crap happens and it just happened to the Giants today (oh yeah, the Giants, that team with that miracle catch that will haunt N.E. for a while:D).

Belichick, as much as has roots with the Giants, is an a..hole. He is so lucky a serious injury did not take place today, all at the fun of running up a score. Yeah, I'll say it. He is a prick and loves to humiliate. That is why I cherish that miracle catch so, so much.

Meantime, GO YANKEES!!!

yachties23
10-18-2009, 06:09 PM

I have no issue with running the score up, its just that since you can't look at Tom Brady (or Peyton Manning for that matter) without one of those 15 yard yellow hankies out there, I think that karma would be get him out of the game while you can. Personally I think guys wanna take a shot at Brady, because well, even if he isn't defending champion, hes king of the hill. With the reputation of being a team people don't like, why keep him in after you have a 38 point lead against an utter putrid Tennessee team?

If for some reason Kearse got through the line, and took a shot at that surgically repaired knee, you would all be crying about it being dirty; so why allow that to happen at all?

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah, they lost.
Would love to see the Patriots play N.O. and then we can compare notes/outcome. Crap happens and it just happened to the Giants today (oh yeah, the Giants, that team with that miracle catch that will haunt N.E. for a while:D).

Belichick, as much as has roots with the Giants, is an a..hole. He is so lucky a serious injury did not take place today, all at the fun of running up a score. Yeah, I'll say it. He is a prick and loves to humiliate. That is why I cherish that miracle catch so, so much.

Meantime, GO YANKEES!!!

We play them 30NOV so we will see. Not haunted by that catch at all, don't need to cling onto one memory we have to many good ones as Pats fans. Running up the score? That all happened in the first half! These guys are Professionals, they get payed to play. People who call that running up the score are the same ones that tell little kids that every game is a tie.

2000ARMY
10-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Yes!!! Jets lose!

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 06:11 PM
I have no issue with running the score up, its just that since you can't look at Tom Brady (or Peyton Manning for that matter) without one of those 15 yard yellow hankies out there, I think that karma would be get him out of the game while you can. Personally I think guys wanna take a shot at Brady, because well, even if he isn't defending champion, hes king of the hill. With the reputation of being a team people don't like, why keep him in after you have a 38 point lead against an utter putrid Tennessee team?

If for some reason Kearse got through the line, and took a shot at that surgically repaired knee, you would all be crying about it being dirty; so why allow that to happen at all?

They get paid to PLAY! They are all grown men and know the risks of playing. Like you said, people do intentionally go after him, should he just not play at all?

timo
10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
The mighty JETS a 500 team. Patriots....alone atop the AFC east

Blueface
10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
They get paid to PLAY! They are all grown men and know the risks of playing. Like you said, people do intentionally go after him, should he just not play at all?

No, Brady should go ahead and play but just don't tackle him as he is defenseless as a quarterback.:rolleyes:

yachties23
10-18-2009, 06:17 PM
No... but when the game is already decided, which it was, why risk an injury to the main reason you win. Last year, no Brady, no playoffs, just remember that.
After they went up 38, they should have pulled him, and he definitely had no business on the field in the 3rd quarter.

timo
10-18-2009, 06:19 PM
This is the NFL! There is no such thing as running up the score. You don't like it, play defense!

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 06:22 PM
This thread has gone from Patriot haters talking trash, to now whining about the Pats beating up on a team.

timo
10-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah Brady woke up today and the haters are shitin bricks. haha

yachties23
10-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I actually am a huge Brady fan, I personally don't want to see him get hurt in a game they have no chance to lose.

Resipsa
10-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Not just him Carlos, the whole organization is classless from head to toe.

Let them beat up on weak teams all they like, come the end of the season they'll be watching the playoffs from home, just like last year.

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 06:34 PM

Let them beat up on weak teams all they like, come the end of the season they'll be watching the playoffs from home, just like last year.

Who do you see taking the AFC East?

timo
10-18-2009, 06:37 PM

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/timothyjok/sept09114.jpg

Resipsa
10-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Who do you see taking the AFC East?

winning a division by default doesn't impress me.

timo
10-18-2009, 06:40 PM
http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/timothyjok/sept09114.jpghttp://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/timothyjok/sept09114.jpghttp://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/timothyjok/sept09114.jpg

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 06:43 PM

Who is your team since you seem to enjoy bashing the Pats so much?

Also, above you said they would be watching the playoffs from home. Winning the division means they will be in the playoffs.

Blueface
10-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Yeah Brady woke up today and the haters are shitin bricks. haha

:r:r:r

I have openly admitted I am a hater of any team from the Boston area. As a former NY'er, I have to be.

Seriously, did you familiarize yourselves a bit with the Titans?
Have they been in any game this season?
Is their records 0-6 now?
Are they deserving of playing in the NFL or are they a Pop Warner team?
Is this an indication of what the Patriots can do all season long or even do against a "real" team from 2009? Or are they more like they were v. the Jets and last week's game v. Denver where they did not prevail when time was over?
Is this game something to be very proud of?
Just curious.

kugie
10-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Go Pats this is the Team we have all been expecting this year

Resipsa
10-18-2009, 06:49 PM

Also, above you said they would be watching the playoffs from home. Winning the division means they will be in the playoffs.

1) if you were really a football fan you'd know who I'm a fan of, the answer is in every post I make;)

2) I never said they would win the division, did I? If I did please point it out to me

Starscream
10-18-2009, 06:50 PM

I believe Vic is an Indianapolis fan.

And they may make it to the playoffs, but won't go far was the point being made.

timo
10-18-2009, 06:51 PM

I have openly admitted I am a hater of any team from the Boston area. As a former NY'er, I have to be.

Seriously, did you familiarize yourselves a bit with the Titans?
Have they been in any game this season?
Is their records 0-6 now?
Are they deserving of playing in the NFL or are they a Pop Warner team?
Is this an indication of what the Patriots can do all season long or even do against a "real" team from 2009? Or are they more like they were v. the Jets and last week's game v. Denver where they did not prevail when time was over?
Is this game something to be very proud of?
Just curious.
;s
you have so much hate in you:)

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 06:52 PM

Seriously, did you familiarize yourselves a bit with the Titans? Not even sure what you are asking here.
Have they been in any game this season? No
Is their records 0-6 now? yes
Are they deserving of playing in the NFL or are they a Pop Warner team? Silly question, anybody can win any day in the NFL "any give sunday" isn't just a movie title.
Is this an indication of what the Patriots can do all season long or even do against a "real" team from 2009? Or are they more like they were v. the Jets and last week's game v. Denver where they did not prevail when time was over? Certainly this is an indication of what they can do. If it had been a close game and the beat the Titans, we wouldn't be saying anything. However, it wasn't close. They shut them out, while scoring 59 points setting numerous records. Their Offense is looking great!
Is this game something to be very proud of? YES!
Just curious.

How did all the NY teams do today?

Blueface
10-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Go Pats this is the Team we have all been expecting this year

I guess you didn't see my post #171.

Tampa Bay next week. I bet they are already trying to figure out how to beat that tough team.:D

timo
10-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey Ryan why don't we go over to the colts thread and whine......Oh wait there is no Colts thread

Starscream
10-18-2009, 06:54 PM
;s

I'm glad to see Brady put up all of those points for my fantasy team, but I do agree with what is being said by Carlos and Vic.

dunng
10-18-2009, 06:54 PM
;s

:r :r :r

Blueface
10-18-2009, 06:56 PM
How did all the NY teams do today?

They lost but seems I can see the forest for the trees. Not a fan of the Jets so couldn't care less if they come or go so my feelings are not hurt there.
The Giants lost and I was in fact concerned with this game as N.O. has a very high powered offense and a very good defense. Just wait until 11/30 and will come back here and discuss the Patriot's loss at their hands also.

When I asked if anyone looked up the Titans, that was sarcasm. They suck. Wondering if you guys knew that.

I would never call a win against an 0-6 team that everyone has pounced on all year as a great indication of what my team is capable of doing.
If you guys are pleased by that in the sense of a great accomplishment, my sympathies for you.
I would be pleased like this if they had done it to a very good Denver defense. Where were they last week? I guess beating on a lousy Tampa Bay will further prove how good they are?
That is silly thinking that will set you up for disappointment.

dogface_313
10-18-2009, 06:57 PM

Didn't see your signature. I can admit when a team is good, the Colts are a good team.

Resipsa
10-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey Ryan why don't we go over to the colts thread and whine......Oh wait there is no Colts thread

Yes there is....but no massholes are allowed, ;)

You'll have plenty of time to whine after the Patsies play them in a few weeks. Patsies should have fattenned their record up by then

timo
10-18-2009, 06:58 PM
I guess you didn't see my post #171.

Tampa Bay next week. I bet they are already trying to figure out how to beat that tough team.:D
http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/timothyjok/1254586627931.jpg

Blueface
10-18-2009, 07:00 PM
http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/timothyjok/1254586627931.jpg

Pot calling the kettle black?:r
Remember, I am not the one impressed by today's win, you are.

dogface_313
I love how y'all have nothing better to do than talk about how bad the Patriots are, and how crazy we are for thinking they are good. I wish I could stay and talk all night. However, I must go get some rest for a long day of work. Night fellas y'all take it easy.

timo
Yes there is....but no massholes are allowed, ;)

You'll have plenty of time to whine after the Patsies play them in a few weeks. Patsies should have fattenned their record up by then
Then why are you here

Blueface
10-18-2009, 07:01 PM
I will exit this thread for the week and let you guys cherish the wonderful win.
Can't wait to see it after a great win against Tampa Bay.
Enjoy!

Starscream
10-18-2009, 07:02 PM
I think you can all agree, it could be worse. You could be Panthers fans (like me).:D:(

timo
10-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Pot calling the kettle black?:r
Remember, I am not the one impressed by today's win, you are.
Yeah but I was more impressed that the Giants and Jets came back to earth today

Resipsa
10-18-2009, 07:08 PM
I love how y'all have nothing better to do than talk about how bad the Patriots are, and how crazy we are for thinking they are good. I wish I could stay and talk all night. However, I must go get some rest for a long day of work. Night fellas y'all take it easy.

The point you miss is that this thread was started by a long time Colts basher. I have no ill will towards you or anyone in this thread, but I also have no hesitation in sticking it to the OP's team just like he has to mine fow the past few years. :banger

TheTraveler
10-18-2009, 07:43 PM
The point you miss is that this thread was started by a long time Colts basher. I have no ill will towards you or anyone in this thread, but I also have no hesitation in sticking it to the OP's team just like he has to mine fow the past few years. :banger

I got in a fight with a tall guy once but I don't go out of my way to aggravate all the tall people I meet.

My car was hit by a woman not paying attention in a parking lot but I don't harrass all women I meet in parking lots. (unless they're cute. ;) )

A kid once hit me with a dirt clod in first grade but I don't irritate every kid I encounter. Well, that's not true. I do aggravate kids but only when I'm about to give them back to their parents --- wind 'em up and let 'em go! :r

Just sayin.

:)

:tf

Resipsa
10-18-2009, 09:08 PM
I miss CS sometimes..........*sigh*

VirtualSmitty
10-18-2009, 09:41 PM

Me too. I really miss those times we'd all hold hands and sing combayah.

dogface_313
10-19-2009, 03:10 AM
Yeah but I was more impressed that the Giants and Jets came back to earth today

The jets certainly have come back to Earth, the Giants are still a good and very dangerous team.

Blueface
10-19-2009, 06:26 AM
The jets certainly have come back to Earth, the Giants are still a good and very dangerous team.

They both came back to Earth with a rough landing.:D

VTDragon
10-19-2009, 07:56 AM
I started this thread and while I have had some fun bashing the Colts over the past few years, that is NOT in any way shape or form my primary focus. My primary focus is as a Patriots fan. I root for them and respond to negative comments from other team's fans in kind. Reread my posts and show me where this is not the case. You seem to have consistantly found more pleasure in bashing opposing teams than actually rooting for your team. Any reasonable person would acknowledge that the Colts, and Patriots are good football teams. I am a fan of the Patriots however and as such root for them and against the Colts.

VTDragon
10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Putting aside all the hyberbole that this game seems to have generated, some observations about the game:

Tom Brady seemed to have rediscovered his timing. Unlike the first few weeks, his passes were crisp, on time and on target. Ya, the Titans defense was hurting, but it was the overall quality of his passing that impressed me.

Lawrence Maroney looked as good as he has since his rookie year. I still think he hesitates too much while looking for a hole but have to give him credit for a great game. I still would like to see more of Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis though.

The defense certainly seemed energized yesterday. (Zero points allowed) I wonder how much of that was attributable to the presence of Junior Seau?

Brian Hoyer gave a credible performance as the backup QB. That kid has a gun of an arm and demonstrated good presence overall.

I was very impressed with Sebastian Vollmer. Good to know that a quality offensive lineman is in the pipeline to step up as needed.

No arguments here with Bills' decision to let the first string offense play one series in the third quarter. They needed to establish that the second half was going to be a continuation of the first and not let the Titans think they had any chance of getting back in the game. I was happy to see most of the first string gone after that score though.

A good game overall. Can't get too excited about the final score as Tennesee was mailing it in by the end of the second quarter, but certainly a nice win to put in our pocket for the long flight over to merry olde England.

Resipsa
10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
We'll see how the current version of the Dolts do against the Patriots on Nov 15th.

I started this thread and while I have had some fun bashing the Colts over the past few years, that is NOT in any way shape or form my primary focus. My primary focus is as a Patriots fan. I root for them and respond to negative comments from other team's fans in kind. Reread my posts and show me where this is not the case. You seem to have consistantly found more pleasure in bashing opposing teams than actually rooting for your team. Any reasonable person would acknowledge that the Colts, and Patriots are good football teams. I am a fan of the Patriots however and as such root for them and against the Colts.Is it the Colts or the Dolts you root against?

On that note, I'm out until Nov. 15

Blueface
10-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Just saw this poll on CBS Sportsline and reminded me of this thread.

Which team has impressed you the most so far in Week 6?
72% Saints

13% Vikings

15% Patriots

What do Patriots fans conclude from this poll?
85% of those that responded must be "haters"!:r

dunng
10-19-2009, 09:16 AM

Don't we all... :(

VTDragon
10-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Is it the Colts or the Dolts you root against?

You'll have plenty of time to whine after the Patsies play them in a few weeks.

As I said, I reply in kind.

macpappy
10-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Just saw this poll on CBS Sportsline and reminded me of this thread.

Which team has impressed you the most so far in Week 6?
72% Saints

13% Vikings

15% Patriots

What do Patriots fans conclude from this poll?
85% of those that responded must be "haters"!:r

I think your conclusion is wrong. The Patriots were playing a team which hadn't won a game with a suspect quarterback and ineffective defense. I think everyone expected Brady and the Patriots to have a cakewalk and totally dominate the game - which is exactly what they did. Did the score more points than everyone expected? Yes.

Now put that in comparison with the Giants vs. the Saints. Just about everyone in sports media predicted the Giants would win. Some had it a close game and others had the Giants winning by 10 or 14. Instead the Saints completely dominated what had been the #1 defense and the #2 offense in the NFL going into the game.

So honestly ask yourself which was a more impressive win? Patriot's over a 0-5 team or Saints over a 5-0 team?

Blueface
10-19-2009, 09:46 AM
I think your conclusion is wrong. The Patriots were playing a team which hadn't won a game with a suspect quarterback and ineffective defense. I think everyone expected Brady and the Patriots to have a cakewalk and totally dominate the game - which is exactly what they did. Did the score more points than everyone expected? Yes.

Now put that in comparison with the Giants vs. the Saints. Just about everyone in sports media predicted the Giants would win. Some had it a close game and others had the Giants winning by 10 or 14. Instead the Saints completely dominated what had been the #1 defense and the #2 offense in the NFL going into the game.

So honestly ask yourself which was a more impressive win? Patriot's over a 0-5 team or Saints over a 5-0 team?

You have me pegged on the wrong side of the fence here.:r
Can't disagree with you at all.
I am mocking the fact the majority seems to agree with me that this win for the Patriots was only impressive to Patriots fans.
Only Patriots fans can say I am hater for seeing it as the poll does.
I agree what N.O. did far outweighs the Patriots' dismantling of an 0-5 team, although the Giants defense, while number one, was not really tested by a team the likes of N.O.
N.O. is a complete offensive package with weapons from every angle, the likes not seen recently other than Indy.
Many of the shows I saw had them selecting N.O. overwhelmingly over the Giants.
As a Giants fan, I was very concerned before the game and turns out for obvious reasons.

BTW,
Latest update has it 74%, up two for the Saints and down one to 14% for the Patriots.

macpappy
10-19-2009, 09:55 AM
You have me pegged on the wrong side of the fence here.:r
Can't disagree with you at all.
I am mocking the fact the majority seems to agree with me that this win for the Patriots was only impressive to Patriots fans.
Only Patriots fans can say I am hater for seeing it as the poll does.
I agree what N.O. did far outweighs the Patriots' dismantling of an 0-5 team, although the Giants defense, while number one, was not really tested by a team the likes of N.O.
N.O. is a complete offensive package with weapons from every angle, the likes not seen recently other than Indy.
Many of the shows I saw had them selecting N.O. overwhelmingly over the Giants.
As a Giants fan, I was very concerned before the game and turns out for obvious reasons.

BTW,
Latest update has it 74%, up two for the Saints and down one to 14% for the Patriots.

Carlos,
You're just making nice in hopes that the Saints won't fly into Miami and put on the same type of performance.:r

My whole take on the "Look at how great Brady is storyline" is BIG DEAL! Drew Brees threw six touchdowns against Detroit.

Oh! Sorry about the beatdown yesterday.

Blueface
10-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Carlos,
You're just making nice in hopes that the Saints won't fly into Miami and put on the same type of performance.:r

My whole take on the "Look at how great Brady is storyline" is BIG DEAL! Drew Brees threw six touchdowns against Detroit.

Oh! Sorry about the beatdown yesterday.

Making nice?
Heck no. I have been ruffling these poor guys in this thread and not letting them savor their massacre.:r

I think you have to keep in perspective that perhaps Brees didn't get the publicity because he is expected to do what he did and maybe Brady isn't?:r
Ouch......

I think Miami is way seriously outclassed for this coming week. Won't be a fun thing to watch unless you are like me........Brees my fantasy QB in one league, Colston my fantasy WR in another, N.O. my defense in both.:D I

macpappy
10-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Monday, Nov. 23 - New England at New Orleans. It might be a good one.

dogface_313
10-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Monday, Nov. 23 - New England at New Orleans. It might be a good one.

A lot of big games for NE in NOV!

macpappy
10-20-2009, 08:36 AM
A lot of big games for NE in NOV!

All taunting aside, I think that SHOULD be a good game. I expect it to be a closer game than what we did to the Giants.

2000ARMY
10-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Galloway is gone ... Thank God .... Banta Cain is resigned. more to come I'm sure

2000ARMY
10-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Edelman is out with a Broken arm ... not season ending.

Blueface
10-21-2009, 07:18 PM
All taunting aside, I think that SHOULD be a good game. I expect it to be a closer game than what we did to the Giants.

Ouch!!!:D

macpappy
10-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Ouch!!!:D

Well, you know how it is with those 15 yard penalties for getting within 3 feet of Lord Brady.:r

VTDragon
10-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Nice game for the Pats in merry olde England today. Not error free, not perfect but a nice win going into the bye week nevertheless.
Some thoughts about the game:

Sebastian Vollmer was exposed a bit for the rookie he his. Most of the penalties he was called for were rookie mistakes and it was obvious he was targeted by Tampa's defense as a weak spot. He generally held his own but did resort to a couple of holds when caught out of position. Overall he looked good though, he will be a good one down the road.
Brady forced a couple that resulted in interceptions. Overall he was on target, but with the good teams coming up on the schedule he will have to be more careful.
Nice to see two interceptions by Merriwhether. This kid is really proving his worth this year.
Unfortunately Maroney reverted back to form for the most part. Why doesn't Green-Ellis start?
Moss went out for good early in the 4th qtr, this could be bad down the road.
My favorite person to watch in the entire league is Wes Welker, even more so than Adrian Petterson. Wow, can that guy move after the catch.
A good win for the Pats that will make for a nice bye week and a pleasant plane flight home. #1 in the AFC East and clicking on all cylinders.

coastietech
10-26-2009, 06:14 AM
Your seriously bragging about beating Tampa Bay? Clicking on all cylinders? The last two weeks you have played winless teams. When you play someone that has a team, the Bronco's for instance, you can't win. Don't get to comfortable in 1st place. I see a few more loses coming your way. ;)

Blueface
10-26-2009, 07:02 AM
Your seriously bragging about beating Tampa Bay? Clicking on all cylinders? The last two weeks you have played winless teams. When you play someone that has a team, the Bronco's for instance, you can't win. Don't get to comfortable in 1st place. I see a few more loses coming your way. ;)

I can't help but agree.
Sort of me getting happy about the Giants 5-0 when they had beaten up on teams everyone else seems to have done also.

Here is N.E.'s remaining schedule.
A few tough matches ahead that will test them for sure.

Miami twice - a very deceptive 2-4 schedule - watch them build up for this rivalry and eat some Brady.
Jets - same as with the above. Division rivalries and a very good Jets defense.
Indy - shootout and may one remain standing.
N.O. - I see them way, way to strong for the Patriots.
Houston - another shootout.
We shall soon see what this Patriots team is really all about.
The Jets have some tough matchups also with Miami, Indy, Cincy and Atlanta, along with N.E.

9 11/08/09 MIA
10 11/15/09 @IND
11 11/22/09 NYJ
12 11/30/09 @NO
13 12/06/09 @MIA
14 12/13/09 CAR
15 12/20/09 @BUF
16 12/27/09 JAC-
17 01/03/10 @HOU-

VTDragon
10-26-2009, 08:16 AM
coastietech[/COLOR];617619]Your seriously bragging about beating Tampa Bay? Clicking on all cylinders? The last two weeks you have played winless teams. When you play someone that has a team, the Bronco's for instance, you can't win. Don't get to comfortable in 1st place. I see a few more loses coming your way. ;)
Nope, not bragging, just stating the facts. They were clicking on all cylinders. The Patriots went over to London and did what any good team should do against a struggling non-contender - they took care of business. I don't expect that this team will run the table the rest of the way. They will have some tough games and inevitably more losses. I do expect that they will win the AFC East as I do not see either the Jets or Dolphins being able to maintain any degree of consistancy. Remember, their remaining schedules are similar to New England's. As for the coming games against Miami, Indy and New Orleans, ... those will tell us a lot about how things will shake out this season. In the meantime, the Patriots have earned a good week's rest.

dogface_313
11-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Well, we are looking better even without playing.

dogface_313
11-07-2009, 06:51 PM
This thread has been quiet. GO PATS!

taltos
11-08-2009, 06:50 AM
I miss CS sometimes..........*sigh*Don't worry Vic, I will be around from time to time and will taunt you and the Forehead without mercy.:D

Bruins Fan
11-09-2009, 07:09 AM
Pats sitting on top of the AFC East with a commanding two game lead.
Now it's going to be all about getting a bye and home field for the playoffs.
I can't see the Pats losing more then two more games.:D

coastietech
11-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Pats sitting on top of the AFC East with a commanding two game lead.
Now it's going to be all about getting a bye and home field for the playoffs.
I can't see the Pats losing more then two more games.:D

Enjoy your lead, it won't last long... You guys play NO and Indy. The Jet's don't play anybody again, other than the pats, till week 16. :tu

VTDragon
11-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Some thoughts about the victory over Miami:

Belicheck should be embarrased by the success the Dolphins had with variations of the Widcat. Really, it's just the old college option offense and the Patriots continually got fooled by it, especially in the second quarter. They did better in the second half, (after a half-time tongue lashing, I'm sure), but that offense should not be a surprise to this team.

I may have to eat my words from earlier in the season regarding Maroney, he is looking better every week. Hope he is up for the Colts game.

The linebacker core has progressed nicely as the season has progressed. We even saw plays being made by Adelius Thomas. Funny how no one is talking about Mike Vrabel anymore.

It was impressive seeing Vince Wilfork pressed into service as a defensive end. How someone that big can move that quickly is a wonder.

Brady looked pretty good overall, but the INT that was thrown to Moss was all on him. He underthrew that ball resulting in the DB being in better position to make the play than Moss. Yes, Moss didn't look too good with his half-assed tackle attempt but the INTcame as a result of Brady's poor throw.

I had concerns about the defense when Miami was running all over them with the Wildcat, but it came up big in the fourth quarter forcing a punt that ultimetly led to another field goal by the offense.

Matt Light may have a hard time getting his job back from Sebastian Vollmer, that kid was a force all day. Proof: how often did you hear Joey Porter's name called?

Wes Welker is a wonder. Miami must kick themselves every time he catches a ball knowing they let him get away.

This was an important game against a good division opponent. It was not easy, but the Pats did the job that needed to be done. A good day overall.

Now on to Indy, that one will be fun to watch.

VTDragon
11-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Prediction: (as posted in the Pats vs Colts thread)

Pats 27, Colts 24. It will be a fun game.

Mikey202
11-13-2009, 10:01 AM

Manning is going to shred the Pats Defense. :2

Blueface
11-16-2009, 06:43 AM

Predictions can be a tough way to earn a living.:D

Seems like the Patriots failed their test this week.
Why the heck that 4th down attempt?
Will haunt them for a while.

VTDragon
11-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Predictions can be a tough way to earn a living.:D

Seems like the Patriots failed their test this week.
Why the heck that 4th down attempt?
Will haunt them for a while.
Ya, but it was a great game.

As for the fourth down attempt. I think that Belicheck saw that his defense was out of gas, momentum had swung toward the Colts when they were on offense and he has been very successful with fourth down attempts in the past. He put the outcome into the hands of two of his best players and they came up short. No complaints from me, it was a very entertaining, close, hard fought game.

Blueface
11-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Ya, but it was a great game.

As for the fourth down attempt. I think that Belicheck saw that his defense was out of gas, momentum had swung toward the Colts when they were on offense and he has been very successful with fourth down attempts in the past. He put the outcome into the hands of two of his best players and they came up short. No complaints from me, it was a very entertaining, close, hard fought game.

Good perspective.
I saw it as in part being to keep the defense out but more so because he is that confident that his offense can do anything at will. He was brought back down a bit to Earth that they can't. However, that was freaking close to having pulled it off.

dogface_313
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
I like the way this game is going.

coastietech
11-22-2009, 06:45 PM
I like the way this game is going.

:fu2

Sanchez does more to help the other team win then he does his own. This asshole is giving me an ulcer...

Mikey202
11-22-2009, 09:25 PM
:fu2

Sanchez does more to help the other team win then he does his own. This asshole is giving me an ulcer...

Maybe it had something to do with the Jets not gettin' a good nights rest? Seems someone pulled the fire alarm at the hotel in the middle of the night. Same thing happened when the Bills were in town. Not that anyone , associated with the Patriots would ever do anything unfair..............:D:rolleyes::ss

Blueface
11-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Patriots showed up to play.
They were ready for the rivalry, the Jets weren't.
Jets are done.
Let's see the next test for the Patriots all are waiting for......................here come them Saints.

VTDragon
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Congrats to the Pats on a good victory. They have to be feeling better than they were a week ago.

Some thoughts:

I apologize to Laurence Maroney for thinking him all done earlier in the year. He has been a stud lately. I don't know ahy, I just hope he keeps it up..we need a running game as the weather worsens.

Congrats to Darrelle Revis. He essentially shut down Moss except for the four yard touchdown. This kid has to be the premier cover guy in the league.

Great day for Leigh Bodden. Isn't it interesting what an old pro can do when finally put into a quality organization and surrounded by some quality people.

Wes Welker is my MVP for this team. Look at the difference between the first Jets game without him and yesterday. Case closed.

Biggest fear for New Orleans game ... the offensive line is getting awful thin due to injuries.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. I expect the hype for the Saints game will be just as much as it was for the Colts. I've given up on predictions though ...except to say that it will be a really good game, (and I'm rooting for the Patriots to win).

Starscream
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
You boys have some catching up to do. Brady's killing my fantasy points right now. He needs to get with it.

macpappy
11-30-2009, 09:43 PM
I like the way Belichek and Brady rolled over and played dead with 5 minutes left in the came. What was that? If we can't beat you we just aren't going to play?

Bruins Fan
11-30-2009, 09:54 PM
I like the way Belichek and Brady rolled over and played dead with 5 minutes left in the came. What was that? If we can't beat you we just aren't going to play?

The Saints played a great game, Breese was playing out of his mind.
The Pats DB blew coverage after coverage.
But you guys haven't won jack yet?

macpappy
12-01-2009, 04:39 AM
It's 2009. You guy's haven't won jack this year either.

Blueface
12-01-2009, 05:38 AM
But you guys haven't won jack yet?

Funny stuff there.
Funny because as written, sounds like some folks can't lose gracefully and give credit where due.
The Saints are insane this year.
Only by a miracle will they not be in the Super Bowl and one thing is for sure, it won't be against the Patriots.
I think the Patriots have now shown they can blow out a 0-5 Titans team and can beat up on Tampa Bay but can't beat two undefeated ones. Man I was praying for Brees to throw at least two or three more touchdowns and rack up the score a bit more.

(disclaimer here, not a Saints fan but a fan of great football)

Bruins Fan
12-01-2009, 05:41 AM
It's 2009. You guy's haven't won jack this year either.

And they won't, kind of a rebuilding year with a lot of young players, and missing a pass rush.
Yes they will get to the playoffs and be one and done;s

VTDragon
12-01-2009, 06:43 AM
AAAARGH....that was hard to watch. Pats were soundly beaten in every phase of the game, no excuses.

Congrats to the Saints for a terrific game and thus far, a terrific season. As for the Pats, they looked like they just didn't want to be there. I'm glad that Belicheck sat the first string offense down with five minutes left. They were so badly beaten by then that their continued presence in the game could only lead to more humiliation and potential injury. If he could have thrown in a towel ala boxing, he would have.

Time to go home, heal our wounds and try to get up for Miami. You know that the Dolphins were licking their chops in anticipation by the end of the game.

icantbejon
12-01-2009, 06:45 AM
The Pats looked very off last night. I don't know what it was in the Saints game plan, but it worked. They seemed one step ahead all night. Brees looked amazing, his TD passes were on point.

icantbejon
12-01-2009, 06:47 AM

Funny stuff there.
Funny because as written, sounds like some folks can't lose gracefully and give credit where due.
The Saints are insane this year.
Only by a miracle will they not be in the Super Bowl and one thing is for sure, it won't be against the Patriots.
I think the Patriots have now shown they can blow out a 0-5 Titans team and can beat up on Tampa Bay but can't beat two undefeated ones. Man I was praying for Brees to throw at least two or three more touchdowns and rack up the score a bit more.

(disclaimer here, not a Saints fan but a fan of great football)

The Saints will have a tough game against Minn if it gets to that point. That could be a monster NFC title game given the right circumstances.

PeteSB75
12-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Unless Favre/Peterson or Brees gets hurt :tf they will be the 1-2 seeds in the NFC, so Championship game should be awesome.

icantbejon
12-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Unless Favre/Peterson or Brees gets hurt :tf they will be the 1-2 seeds in the NFC, so Championship game should be awesome.

agreed, the NFC is fairly soft this year minus these teams. That never stops surprises, down games, or cindarella stories though.

Blueface
12-01-2009, 07:15 AM
The Saints will have a tough game against Minn if it gets to that point. That could be a monster NFC title game given the right circumstances.

I think the Saints can beat Minnesota due to their defense. While Minnesota's is good, the Saints' D is much better.
I can see Sharper putting a dent on Favre, who has a tendency to throw a few picks here and there, mostly here.

The key is in fact all staying healthy.

jmsremax
12-01-2009, 03:00 PM
The Pats looked very off last night. I don't know what it was in the Saints game plan, but it worked. They seemed one step ahead all night. Brees looked amazing, his TD passes were on point.

All I can say is that Brady looked nervous bc Light was back.

macpappy
12-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Geaux saints!

Blueface
12-03-2009, 05:16 AM
I can't help but notice how quiet this thread has gotten suddenly, post losses to Indy and N.O.;)

dogface_313
12-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Not being intentionally quiet, just haven’t had much to say. We will still win our division, barring something catastrophic. That being said, I still like our chances in winning the AFC. I don’t see Indy as a better team, just very lucky that they came back in the fashion they did; as well as a recipients of a gift in the form of a bobble. However NFC looks strong for the first time in a while. Saints are legit.

VTDragon
12-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I can't help but notice how quiet this thread has gotten suddenly, post losses to Indy and N.O.;)
Ya, the mission seems to have been somewhat derailed lately. My big concern after the humiliating loss to the Saints is that other teams will copy what N.O. did in double teaming both Welker and Moss, thus revealing just how suspect the balance of our receivers are. In prior years Brady has been known for how well he spread the ball around. This year it has been the big two receivers or nothing. Funny how it took until the eleventh game of the season for some opposing coach to figure that out, but there it is.

I believe that the Pats will win the AFC East, but if they are going to do anything in the playoffs the other receivers, the defensive secondary and the pass rush need to improve dramatically. Miami will be a good test this week.